IMG_20240413_155854 (resized).jpg
IMG_20240413_155858 (resized).jpg
IMG_20240413_155856 (resized).jpg
IMG_1426 (resized).jpeg (© Nutty 5.0)
IMG_2636.gif
IMG_2002 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2003 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

78 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 28,339 posts in this topic. You are on page 441 of 567.
#22001 1 year ago

It doesn't need to go far. Just trigger the sensors.

Both plunger and auto - make sure you are contacting the center of the ball.

Plunger - if you want to make it stronger, remove the long spring. Grab each end, and give the spring a couple tugs. This will make it a little stronger.

Auto Launch - In Settings - Coils - you can make auto launch stronger or weaker.

Quoted from william30513:

I called JJP and couple of days ago and had to leave a voicemail and they have yet to return my call.

Tell them to get LTG : ) back.

#22002 1 year ago

Ok I just got my JJP GNR LE. After getting it out and setting it up and trying to test it out, something seems wrong with the plunger strength. It wont shoot the ball past the top flipper on the right and falls into the playfield area. I marked the area in the photo, thats about as far as I can get the ball to go when shooting. Even when it auto shoots the ball, it wont go past this area. Any ideas? Is there a setting for the shoot strength on this? I called JJP and couple of days ago and had to leave a voicemail and they have yet to return my call. Thanks.
[quoted image]

I hope Iā€™m not reading this wrong, but I donā€™t think you have an issue. The skill shot is designed as a finesse shot so to speak (think twilight zone) on one of the lit lights, plunge too hard and itā€™ll hit the target - failed skill shot. All shots should come down and feed the right flipper.

#22003 1 year ago

That moment when you hit a 250 million applause jackpot on Estranged!!!! Still playing...

20220622_202127 (resized).jpg20220622_202127 (resized).jpg
#22004 1 year ago

Same game. 119 million applause on Better. Extra ball is lit. Last ball.

20220622_204050 (resized).jpg20220622_204050 (resized).jpg
#22005 1 year ago

Fuckin' botched it up on last ball. Couldn't nab the extra. Still a hell of a run for me. It's exhausting. That was about 40 minutes.

#22006 1 year ago

Ok I just got my JJP GNR LE. After getting it out and setting it up and trying to test it out, something seems wrong with the plunger strength. It wont shoot the ball past the top flipper on the right and falls into the playfield area. I marked the area in the photo, thats about as far as I can get the ball to go when shooting. Even when it auto shoots the ball, it wont go past this area. Any ideas? Is there a setting for the shoot strength on this? I called JJP and couple of days ago and had to leave a voicemail and they have yet to return my call. Thanks.
[quoted image]

You may have clipped the tip of your plunger...this happened to me. You have to be mindful when lifting and setting down the playfield.

Some have noted this might just be confusion on the owners part regarding soft plunging the ball.

#22007 1 year ago

[quoted image]

The ball can't go past that point. There's a target there. You don't want to hit it. The skill shot is to launch the ball so that it doesn't go past the illuminated circle in the shooter lane.

#22008 1 year ago

[quoted image]

This is fukn hilarious btw!

#22009 1 year ago
Quoted from CoolCatPinball:That moment when you hit a 250 million applause jackpot on Estranged!!!! Still playing...
[quoted image]

Quoted from CoolCatPinball:

Same game. 119 million applause on Better. Extra ball is lit. Last ball.
[quoted image]

Fuckin' botched it up on last ball. Couldn't nab the extra. Still a hell of a run for me. It's exhausting. That was about 40 minutes.

Put the glass back on! That's crazy stuff.

#22010 1 year ago
Quoted from Vespula:

Put the glass back on! That's crazy stuff.

Lol, no sir. Can't put it back on when it wasn't off in the first place. I will admit, it was an EXTREMELY fortunate game, and I may never beat it. My previous GC score was around 96 million. The game prior to the record setter, I had multiple applause jackpot opportunities, but couldn't cash in on them and ended up with around 10 million total. However, I felt dialed in and went back at it. So glad I did.

#22011 1 year ago

Also, I'm still giving mad crazy props to PinMonk and the Tibetan breeze fan kit. I've had my flipper power turned up for a while, but fade happens regardless. Since installing the fans, I swear my scores are better by far. Flippers are nice and snappy. After that 40 plus minute game, I sat down for maybe 10 minutes, came back, opened the coin door and felt the left flipper coil out of curiosity. It was cool as a cucumber. The fans work folks.

#22012 1 year ago

Lol, no sir. Can't put it back on when it wasn't off in the first place. I will admit, it was an EXTREMELY fortunate game, and I may never beat it. My previous GC score was around 96 million. The game prior to the record setter, I had multiple applause jackpot opportunities, but couldn't cash in on them and ended up with around 10 million total. However, I felt dialed in and went back at it. So glad I did.

That's absolutely bonkers! The previous gc was like 98m? You killed it! Bravo sir!

#22013 1 year ago

[quoted image]

I assume youre joking making this post.

#22014 1 year ago

[quoted image]

Sorry to say, I think your machine is broken. I will take it of your hands for $1000.

#22015 1 year ago
Quoted from LTG:

See the spinning record ? Look back a little more and to the left. See the leaf blade switch sticking up behind the rubber ring ? Try adjusting that one.

Awesome as always @ltg! That fixed it

#22016 1 year ago

So your game just happened to stop when you hit 420...

#22017 1 year ago
Quoted from Xelz:

Awesome as always LTG! That fixed it

Glad to hear.

Call jjp and tell them to get LTG : ) back.

#22018 1 year ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

I hope Iā€™m not reading this wrong, but I donā€™t think you have an issue. The skill shot is designed as a finesse shot so to speak (think twilight zone) on one of the lit lights, plunge too hard and itā€™ll hit the target - failed skill shot. All shots should come down and feed the right flipper.

Thanks for answer, but yes I dont think I explained it very well. Its basically first shot of the game or anytime on a new ball, the ball barely makes it up to the first flipper area, the circled area, not to the very back of the playfield.

So when shot, ball slowly goes up the playfield about 12" then falls onto the playfield below the first flipper.

PXL_20220621_0005246062 (resized).jpgPXL_20220621_0005246062 (resized).jpg
#22019 1 year ago

Thanks for answer, but yes I dont think I explained it very well. Its basically first shot of the game or anytime on a new ball, the ball barely makes it up to the first flipper area, the circled area, not to the very back of the playfield.
So when shot, ball slowly goes up the playfield about 12" then falls onto the playfield below the first flipper.
[quoted image]

It's possible the auto launch cradle is misaligned, holding the ball further away from the shooter tip than it should. Or the shooter is misaligned too far back for some reason.

Does it fail to enter that area both when auto launched and using the shooter rod or just one or the other?

#22020 1 year ago

Its basically first shot of the game or anytime on a new ball, the ball barely makes it up to the first flipper area, the circled area, not to the very back of the playfield.
[quoted image]

The ball is not supposed to go to the back of the playfield. It's supposed to roll over whichever insert is lit around where you've circled and then drop to the right flipper. If you overshoot, there's a target there to stop the ball and redirect it back down to your flipper.

#22021 1 year ago

[quoted image]

Working as intended. That's as far as the ball can go. There's a backstop that prevents the ball from going further up the playfield, and it will always enter the playfield from underneath the third flipper.

Every plunge in GNR is a "short" plunge.

#22022 1 year ago

I feel like weā€™re getting trolled. But I donā€™t think we areā€¦

#22023 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

The ball is not supposed to go to the back of the playfield. It's supposed to roll over whichever insert is lit around where you've circled and then drop to the right flipper. If you overshoot, there's a target there to stop the ball and redirect it back down to your flipper.

Quoted from Xelz:

Working as intended. That's as far as the ball can go. There's a backstop that prevents the ball from going further up the playfield, and it will always enter the playfield from underneath the third flipper.
Every plunge in GNR is a "short" plunge.

I think he realizes this. Sounds like he's saying the ball doesn't even travel into the lit skillshot inserts area.

I would suspect a misaligned plunger or perhaps the ball is catching the bottom of the autolaunch mech (and losing energy) due to the playfield settling (had this happen on my POTC).

#22024 1 year ago
Quoted from Tuna_Delight:

I think he realizes this. Sounds like he's saying the ball doesn't even travel into the lit skillshot inserts area.

But why did he say the ball can't travel to the top of the playfield?

#22025 1 year ago

[quoted image]

Where the heck do you want it to go? You can put in a stronger spring and remove the stand up target in there and tell us what happens. I'd recommend a red sping, as it is the strongest one.

And again, take out the drop target at the end of the skillshot lane. This will definitly give you a different result for sure.

That's where the ball goes on the plunge in this game, man. Your skillshot is the light flashing in that lane. It's an outrageously soft plunge. The goal is to have it just barely roll over the flashing light and then it comes out the left side to your right flipper.

#22026 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

But why did he say the ball can't travel to the top of the playfield?

See his subsequent post where he (somewhat) clarifies the issue:

[quoted image]

#22027 1 year ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

I feel like weā€™re getting trolled. But I donā€™t think we areā€¦

This occurred to me too.

I dont think I explained it very well.

correct. I'll require a video to proceed any further with this troubleshooting.

#22028 1 year ago
Quoted from Vespula:

This occurred to me too.

correct. I'll require a video to proceed any further with this troubleshooting.

Yup, video please. Otherwise, trolling.

#22029 1 year ago
C17F9235-802E-4F05-ACC3-FC8D99D34D0C (resized).pngC17F9235-802E-4F05-ACC3-FC8D99D34D0C (resized).png
#22030 1 year ago

[quoted image]

Do you still have the default shooterrod or a replacement rod. My modded rod was to short and the rubber tip did not hit the ball correct. I took the tip off and filled the rubber tip with a but of hot glue and refitted it. Just giving it a bit more to hit the ball.

#22031 1 year ago

God I love this pin. Don't think a game has ever made me smile as much!

#22032 1 year ago

Quoted from JayLar:

God I love this pin. Don't think a game has ever made me smile as much!

If you love it so much maybe add it to your profile!?
Your munsters pro is lonely. Lol. But I know what you mean. Every time I take a break from it when I come back and play it, it's all smiles. Well that's not exactly true. I do want to throw it through the wall sometimes . But I like that about it also. .

#22033 1 year ago
Quoted from Vespula:

If you love it so much maybe add it to your profile!?
Your munsters pro is lonely. Lol. But I know what you mean. Every time I take a break from it when I come back and play it, it's all smiles. Well that's not exactly true. I do want to throw it through the wall sometimes . But I like that about it also. .

Done! Haven't updated in a long while. GnR with Pinwoofer is the best pinball experience yet IMHO. Maybe not for a one game collection but otherwise amazing.

#22034 1 year ago
Quoted from Vespula:

I do want to throw it through the wall sometimes . But I like that about it also. .

LOL! This I can relate to.

#22035 1 year ago
Quoted from JayLar:

Maybe not for a one game collection .

If I was on a desert island and could only have one pin , GNR would be it .

#22036 1 year ago

I've started to occasionally have an issue where the trough VUK is failing to kick the ball up into the shooter lane. Seems to be worse some times than others. The coil is functioning exactly how it should, it's like the plunger isn't hitting the ball squarely, the plunger is hitting 'behind' the ball slightly. When the issue happens, I can't even manually kick the balls up by pushing the plunger with my fingers.

I've heard that this VUK can get out of adjustment. Does anybody know the correct procedure to adjust this VUK so that the plunger consistently hits the ball squarely?

Right now everything is working fine but I think the issue will come back.

#22037 1 year ago
Quoted from etr104:

I've started to occasionally have an issue where the trough VUK is failing to kick the ball up into the shooter lane.

Two things come to mind. You can turn the strength up a little in Settings - Coils.

And check if the plunger is sticking up a tiny bit too much and trapping the balls. It can be lowered by loosening the four screws at the end of the ball trough ( circled in black in picture from a different game, same ball trough ) then the whole plunger/coil assembly can be moved up or down as needed. Don't go too far down or up.

Call jjp and get LTG : ) back.

mb (resized).jpegmb (resized).jpeg
#22038 1 year ago

Think I found a bug .
Had done Slash solo and a album mode , and I wanted to go for Sympathy for the Devil .
So I tried to timeout desert demolition and it won't stop and I'm still holding a Flipper button while I type this .

#22039 1 year ago
Quoted from screaminr:

Think I found a bug .
Had done Slash solo and a album mode , and I wanted to go for Sympathy for the Devil .
So I tried to timeout desert demolition and it won't stop and I'm still holding a Flipper button while I type this .

You may have stumbled into a variation on the 16 quintillion score bug.

Hogbog / JJP really needs to get a code update out for this game. It's way overdue.

#22040 1 year ago
Quoted from LTG:

Two things come to mind. You can turn the strength up a little in Settings - Coils.
And check if the plunger is sticking up a tiny bit too much and trapping the balls. It can be lowered by loosening the four screws at the end of the ball trough ( circled in black in picture from a different game, same ball trough ) then the whole plunger/coil assembly can be moved up or down as needed. Don't go too far down or up.
Call jjp and get LTG : ) back.
[quoted image]

Big thank you, LTG!

I will look into this. Unfortunately it's difficult for me to see what's actually happening with the playfield down in position due to the apron. How does the apron get removed so that I can see the trough/vuk more easily from above?

#22041 1 year ago
Quoted from etr104:

Unfortunately it's difficult for me to see what's actually happening with the playfield down in position due to the apron.

I'd try strengthening the coil first. You can always lower it, if that isn't it.

I'd lift the playfield up and pull out and rest on the front of the cabinet. Then roll a ball in and try and watch from underneath or looking down the chute it comes up in. Does it skip a tiny bit or stop ? Or roll a ball in and through the groove in the bottom of the ball trough, guide it in slowly with a screw driver or something and see if the ball stops.

Or for the heck of it, loosen the four screws and lower the plunger/coil bracket 1/32nd of an inch. Then try playing the game.

Be sure your balls aren't magnetized and sticking in the ball trough.

https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/03-16809

LTG : )

#22042 1 year ago

Does very minor pooling require ironing before applying a PETG washer? Do I run the risk of it cracking even if it is minor once the washer is applied and I didnā€™t iron it out?

Also are some of the stock rubbers too small,tight causing extra stress on the posts? Some seem extra snug.

#22043 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

You may have stumbled into a variation on the 16 quintillion score bug.

Hogbog / JJP really needs to get a code update out for this game. It's way overdue.

Theyā€™ll get around to it after they finish programming another 200 carnival sounds into TS4

#22044 1 year ago
Quoted from thekaiser82:

Does very minor pooling require ironing before applying a PETG washer? Do I run the risk of it cracking even if it is minor once the washer is applied and I didnā€™t iron it out?
Also are some of the stock rubbers too small,tight causing extra stress on the posts? Some seem extra snug.

You ABSOLUTELY want to iron it flat and let it cool a bit before applying the washer. If you don't, the raised part under the washer will eventually crack.

#22045 1 year ago
Quoted from JayLar:Done! Haven't updated in a long while. GnR with Pinwoofer is the best pinball experience yet IMHO. Maybe not for a one game collection but otherwise amazing.

"a one game collection" lol
What an oxymoron.

#22046 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

You ABSOLUTELY want to iron it flat and let it cool a bit before applying the washer. If you don't, the raised part under the washer will eventually crack.

Thanks! I donā€™t see a key post on who to email to get on the list for one of the $500 LE playfields. Would like a backup. Do you know who to email?

#22047 1 year ago
Quoted from thekaiser82:

Thanks! I donā€™t see a key post on who to email to get on the list for one of the $500 LE playfields. Would like a backup. Do you know who to email?

I emailed Barry when he was still there to get on the list. Whoever took over from him when he went back to AP is managing the list now, last I heard, but I don't know who that is offhand. Let me see if I can find out.

EDIT: New email is linked in the topic index now under WARRANTY:PLAYFIELD for the half price warranty spare playfields. Ken is the one you want to email now that Barry is gone.

#22048 1 year ago
Quoted from etr104:

Right now everything is working fine but I think the issue will come back.

So I help you and you give me a thumbs down.

#22049 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

I emailed Barry when he was still there to get on the list. Whoever took over from him when he went back to AP is managing the list now, last I heard, but I don't know who that is offhand. Let me see if I can find out.
EDIT: New email is linked in the topic index now under WARRANTY:PLAYFIELD for the half price warranty spare playfields. Ken is the one you want to email now that Barry is gone.

Damn that was quick. Thanks!

#22050 1 year ago
Quoted from LTG:

So I help you and you give me a thumbs down.

LTG, hugely sorry, I clicked on the wrong vote. I changed it.

Please accept my apologies, you are extremely helpful to me and everybody else here.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

7,400 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Sacramento, CA
$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 11,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pin Monk

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

8,249 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Temple, TX
$ 24.75
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 130.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

8,250 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Glendora, CA
$ 11,000.00
ā‚¬ 42.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 10,200.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 210.00
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 109.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

8,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Anaheim, CA
$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 19.95
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

There are 28,339 posts in this topic. You are on page 441 of 567.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-jjp-gnr-thread/page/441?hl=dantesmark and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.