IMG_20240413_155854 (resized).jpg
IMG_20240413_155858 (resized).jpg
IMG_20240413_155856 (resized).jpg
IMG_1426 (resized).jpeg (© Nutty 5.0)
IMG_2636.gif
IMG_2002 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2003 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

78 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 28,339 posts in this topic. You are on page 440 of 567.
#21951 1 year ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Looking at your collection; Avengers is more multiball heavy than GNR. Avengers does have a better layout for multiball as the shots on GNR are up close and in your face so multiballs can seem overwhelming at first. But, once you learn powerchord locking and how to round out the long loops and spinner to pops shot, and use the meter/patches for more cradle control, you’ll find it’s a sweet layout.
GNR will round out your lineup real well. The biggest issue with GNR is Slash Solo. Also, the game can suffer from typical Keefer marathon madness, but the game settings default to extra easy so customizing them around your play style is an option.
Keep in mind, it’s not really a mode objective pinball, but it kind of is. It’s not really a journey type game, but it kind of is. It’s not really a typical pinball game, but it kind of is. All in all, it’s a music pin and one of the best at that. Oh and if you don’t like the music, well, you might want to stay away. Enjoy. Good luck!

I intend to make it a little harder. I don't like getting multiball too easily, so I hope there's a way to make the supplementary mbs like pyro, etc take a wee bit longer to qualify. Also, it appears the game gives you "pity song multiball" on your third ball wether you collected the band members or not. Intend to turn that off, if possible. I don't want pity.

#21952 1 year ago
Quoted from Doctor6:

I intend to make it a little harder. I don't like getting multiball too easily, so I hope there's a way to make the supplementary mbs like pyro, etc take a wee bit longer to qualify. Also, it appears the game gives you "pity song multiball" on your third ball wether you collected the band members or not. Intend to turn that off, if possible. I don't want pity.

Yes! The booster mbs are ridiculously easy to get. 4 multiballs in which each of them practically take <3 shots to get going. I have a key post addressing this as well as some other changes. And yes, I am pretty certain you can disable the pity band member qualifications towards songs when losing a ball.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-jjp-gnr-thread/page/427#post-6895594

#21953 1 year ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Yes! The booster mbs are ridiculously easy to get. 4 multiballs in which each of them practically take <3 shots to get going. I have a key post addressing this as well as some other changes. And yes, I am pretty certain you can disable the pity band member qualifications towards songs when losing a ball.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-jjp-gnr-thread/page/427#post-6895594

Sweet, looks right up my alley. Now if there were a setting to turn off the song multiball on ball three, for pity sake, I'd be set.

#21954 1 year ago
Quoted from Doctor6:

Guys,
Im gonna ask a stupid, and seemngly inflammatory question.
I'm debating on a gnr le. I've owned dialed in, hobbit and woz in the past. Where, non baisedly, does this stack up against them, in your opinion? Is this still a game you enjoy if you've owned it a while. I'm getting nervous by the tons of people selling and dont wan't to make a mistake.

I've had my g'n'r SE (the better one!) for a year. Ive loved it and jammed on it and bragged about it and brought friends over to drink and play g'n'r and listen to the jams! You get such a high and rush when some of those songs start! The jackpot is the best (and worst) shot in most any pinball ever.

Ive gone through periods of "it's getting old". I've even recently let it slip into my mind (briefly) of trading it.... yikes!

I recently got a star wars premium and play that more often. But I move over and play g'n'r bc, after a year of having it, it's still fun to turn it up, play your favorite song, and watch the awesome light show!

If you can grab a set of the pinstadium ce lights. You won't be disappointed. Complete game changer!

#21955 1 year ago
Quoted from mbl1116:

I have a 28” doorway leading to my gameroom and can’t fit a JJP game through, as the backbox width is 29”. Has anyone dealt with a similar situation and had to remove the head? Feel free to message me directly with any advice so as not to clutter this thread, but I’m really hoping to get one these

Idea... instead of removing the head, simply remove it from the (2) head folding brackets. Then carefully rotate the head 90 degrees and take it thru doorway. I'm suggesting this be a 2 person project. Then reinstall the head back onto the brackets.

Kerry

#21956 1 year ago
Quoted from Kerry_Richard:

Idea... instead of removing the head, simply remove it from the (2) head folding brackets. Then carefully rotate the head 90 degrees and take it thru doorway. I'm suggesting this be a 2 person project. Then reinstall the head back onto the brackets.
Kerry

Ok I like this…has anyone attempted?

#21957 1 year ago

Kerry

I tried this once with a system 11. It was the scariest moments of my life. I ended up just unplugging connectors and removed the head. Not sure if it can be done on a JJP. But Christ that head was heavy and it was awkward. I also had to go down one step while going through doorway. I guess if I could slide it through on furniture pads it would have been easier.

#21958 1 year ago

You guys are really overthinking it. If it's just a door frame we're talking about, not a narrow hallway, and there is decent room to the sides of the door frame on at least one side of the door, and it's only missing by an inch, the angle-and-skooch trick will work. Heck it should even work with an assembled game, if that's how you prefer to move it. You get the head through the door by angling it slightly as you pass, even with the rest of the (much narrower) game still attached. The head doesn't need to be at 90 degrees to fit through the door.

#21959 1 year ago

BTW: I was only suggesting this on a flat level, not on stairs or steps.

#21960 1 year ago

Who is Joerg? Nice hit on scorbit! Got the challenge. I haven’t played GNR in weeks (since getting AIQ), but got a reason to fire it up now haha.

#21961 1 year ago

Anyone get a replacement ce playfield yet or notice how much longer must we wait?

#21962 1 year ago

My scoop started shooting almost down the middle. I swear I saw a post that said to just add 2 washers to fix it, but I can’t find the pic. The two washers were on the left side right?

#21963 1 year ago
Quoted from Blu:

My scoop started shooting almost down the middle. I swear I saw a post that said to just add 2 washers to fix it, but I can’t find the pic. The two washers were on the left side right?

For AFMR ?

#21964 1 year ago
Quoted from Blu:

Go to the top of the page in this thread (any page) and select "Topic Index" then sort by summary, then look down the list in the TECH:Playfield section for the link to the fix.

#21965 1 year ago
Quoted from PinFever:

Anyone get a replacement ce playfield yet or notice how much longer must we wait?

I'm guessing your CE playfield is Fucked as well ?

Fucking Mirco Shit !

#21966 1 year ago
Quoted from RA77:

I'm guessing your CE playfield is Fucked as well ?
Fucking Mirco Shit ![quoted image]

You can put that into the beauty salon... Blow dry, nail polish and some washers..

#21967 1 year ago
Quoted from pinballaddicted:

You can put that into the beauty salon... Blow dry, nail polish and some washers..

Yeah, I have mate

Frustrating having to do this on a 20k + machine

#21968 1 year ago
Quoted from Blu:

Yep , left side , but make sure the hood over the scoop is screwed down tightly .

IMG20220618223208 (resized).jpgIMG20220618223208 (resized).jpg
#21969 1 year ago
Quoted from PinFever:

I contacted them not too long ago and they said at the end of GnR run, which is slated for end of summer

#21970 1 year ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

Anyone selling GNR for TS?

Not in this lifetime, lol. Pun intended! I have zero interest in Toy Story, but I’m sure it’ll do well and hats off to JJP for making such a variety of game themes.

#21971 1 year ago
Quoted from adrock:

I contacted them not too long ago and they said at the end of GnR run, which is slated for end of summer

They already stopped production of GNR according to my distributor. They also said that it a new production run wasn’t decided yet. Could that really be true?

#21972 1 year ago
Quoted from RA77:

Yeah, I have mate
Frustrating having to do this on a 20k + machine

I agree, it is shitty. Sometimes some games need more pampering than others.

We have had a few issues with ours as well. I still love the game!

#21973 1 year ago
Quoted from pinballaddicted:

I agree, it is shitty. Sometimes some games need more pampering than others.
We have had a few issues with ours as well. I still love the game!

Agree mate, the game is awesome and I love it !

I have sacrificed at least 20 hours of my life to fix short comings failures of a product that is priced at a premium.
Disappointing to say the least.

#21974 1 year ago
Quoted from RA77:

Agree mate, the game is awesome and I love it !
I have sacrificed at least 20 hours of my life to fix short comings failures of a product that is priced at a premium.
Disappointing to say the least.

Ha ha.. We have put in more hours than that. It is a shame there are so many games with issues. It is not just the CEs and early LEs, ours is a later build LE. Our game is really enjoyable to play now, I can see why so many people sell their games.

#21975 1 year ago

What’s the best way to hook up an old active sub/REL Strata 3. It was used on a high end AV setup before I got into pinball many moons ago..

#21976 1 year ago

What is everybody's overall preferred strategy in this game?

For me, I typically try to start with going for Pyro, though depending on how the record spinner is oriented, I can't always hit the target and often I'll end up qualifying Dizzy or Melissa. As soon as the diverter opens up, my goal changes to trying to lock balls. Any time I have less than 5 balls locked, my goal is always locking balls. Generally any time I'm in the upper PF, I get the Lights multiball pretty quickly. Once I have the Lights multiball started, I'm often able to get the other multiballs started at the same time just by chance. Any time I'm not in a multiball, my goal is always to lock balls.

I usually let patch collecting happen through the normal course of gameplay, mostly from when the ball falls through the hole in the Upper PF. As a result I usually don't have a ton of patches but I always try to have Fender selected so that I usually am able to collect that one.

Once my song starts, sometimes I try to go for the power chords for fun, but usually I just try to go for the lit targets. If Band Frenzy starts, then my goal is to fire everything I can into the pop bumpers. I usually don't cash out early unless I have a 10+ million jackpot available.

I typically play album modes and slash mode when lit. I don't time them out, I try to make it through them with varying levels of success. I've never ever been able to start Tour Multiball. I guess I need to work on my orbit shots.

My GC Score is 58 million. a Typical game for me though is somewhere between 2-5 million ... anything over 10 million I consider to be a good game. Obviously most of you guys are better players than me and have higher standards for what a good game is.

What are some overall game strategies that the rest of you use?

#21977 1 year ago

My strategy is not so different from yours, but more focussed on patches.

Start with 2 shots left ramp as long as the diverter is down to advance patch scoring. Then advance pyro and ball locks without starting lights MB. When all MB are advanced playing all 4 MB (in the best case) parallel. After that ball locks and collection of song related patches: fender, vater, scull, revolver, drum sticks, then t-shirt/poster. Song start with 6 balls locked. First ball save period with focus on ball locks/ power cords to clear ball no. on playfield. Heading for band frency.

#21978 1 year ago
Quoted from darkryder:

Not in this lifetime, lol. Pun intended! I have zero interest in Toy Story, but I’m sure it’ll do well and hats off to JJP for making such a variety of game themes.

Sounds like experienced players are already getting to the TS final wizard mode with ease. Lawlor indeed mentioned that they made it a lot easier on this pin. Can’t imagine TS having lasting appeal in a home environment if it’s that easy to beat, unless you’re a TS fanatic.

By contrast, GnR final wizard mode… not in my lifetime!

#21979 1 year ago
Quoted from Zora:

My strategy is not so different from yours, but more focussed on patches.
Start with 2 shots left ramp as long as the diverter is down to advance patch scoring. Then advance pyro and ball locks without starting lights MB. When all MB are advanced playing all 4 MB (in the best case) parallel. After that ball locks and collection of song related patches: fender, vater, scull, revolver, drum sticks, then t-shirt/poster. Song start with 6 balls locked. First ball save period with focus on ball locks/ power cords to clear ball no. on playfield. Heading for band frency.

Nice! Some ideas for me to try. Using these strategies, what is your GC score?

#21980 1 year ago
Quoted from etr104:

For me, I typically try to start with going for Pyro, though depending on how the record spinner is oriented, I can't always hit the target and often I'll end up qualifying Dizzy or Melissa. As soon as the diverter opens up, my goal changes to trying to lock balls. Any time I have less than 5 balls locked, my goal is always locking balls. Generally any time I'm in the upper PF, I get the Lights multiball pretty quickly. Once I have the Lights multiball started, I'm often able to get the other multiballs started at the same time just by chance. Any time I'm not in a multiball, my goal is always to lock balls.
I usually let patch collecting happen through the normal course of gameplay, mostly from when the ball falls through the hole in the Upper PF. As a result I usually don't have a ton of patches but I always try to have Fender selected so that I usually am able to collect that one.
Once my song starts, sometimes I try to go for the power chords for fun, but usually I just try to go for the lit targets. If Band Frenzy starts, then my goal is to fire everything I can into the pop bumpers. I usually don't cash out early unless I have a 10+ million jackpot available.
I typically play album modes and slash mode when lit. I don't time them out, I try to make it through them with varying levels of success. I've never ever been able to start Tour Multiball. I guess I need to work on my orbit shots.
My GC Score is 58 million. a Typical game for me though is somewhere between 2-5 million ... anything over 10 million I consider to be a good game. Obviously most of you guys are better players than me and have higher standards for what a good game is.

You're pretty close to nailing how I play also. My GC was 26 m until recently I got 73 a million.
The one difference between you and me is that I focus more on getting all the multi balls in the beginning and less locking balls.. but the rest pretty much spot on. Patches I dabble with. I pretty much mix these strategies up to suit my mood. Sometimes I avoid a song to try and really go for a song value if I want points and just play and then sometimes I just want to jam to a song so I can either focus on locking 6 balls or if I'm having an average game I still have the setting so the song lights up on the third ball. One thing I noticed I'm doing is I almost always skip the modes by holding down the action button. I always feel like that just gets in the way and cost me a ball. However I like them for variety and so I'll play them sometimes. But I'm not really very good at them. So I guess I should play them more. I just need specific games where they work for me because if I'm having a good game I always bypass it.
One thing I'm not very good at yet is understanding how to get the multi-ball jackpot awards. I get them in my scores are low but I'm not really sure how I got them. As far as the tour multiball I've gotten that a couple times and again I'm not crystal clear on the specific rules of that the times I got that I got tour multiball I got it by accident.
Some other little things I forget about sometimes I'll play with the AXL Lanes up top to collect roses, although I'm not really sure why. And of course the GNR AMP and JAM Lanes shifting around I'll play around with those quite a bit when draining from the upper playfield to try and work on my timing of selection and what I need. The GNR and the AMP I get pretty good. It seems like the JAM gets ignored by me. I still suck at the under the flipper shot for throw the lights.. But somehow I manage to hit it anyway during multi balls.

#21981 1 year ago
Quoted from etr104:

85M Grand Champion on my LE. Collect 2 letters to open up the upper playfield. Lock 3 balls. Collect Booster Patch Set (Lights, Amp, Horn, FireCracker, in that order). Usually wind up locking 5 or 6 balls before falling ass backwards into your first song. Cash out first song with Xtra Ball Lit. Collect xtra ball and then go for the rest of the Booster Multiball patch set or move on to the Sponsor patch set and get that xtra ball, too. You can get specific song increase score patches either after that or along the way the rest of the game. These will help you reach "Max Song Level" which seems to be around 200. Once you have been able to Max Boost all 4 boosters and lock 5/6 balls before a song, you are ready to score big. This is usually the 3rd or 4th song (cashing out the first 2 or 3 early for Xtra Balls). Song Strategy: If you start with 4+ balls locked just keep hitting the balls on the tips of the flippers to keep hitting ramps/shots and collecting Mystery Letters. Hit the scoop for Mystery rewards as much as possible! You want ball saver and xtra ball related rewards to keep as many balls going for the song and to keep you in the game as long as possible. Only go for power chords if you fall to 2 or 3 balls and need to build back up to 4/5/6. If you can't make it all the way to the applause jackpot, there is no shame in cashing out 25M+ early. I LOVE THIS GAME!

#21982 1 year ago

So this is obviously my first pin but do I remove this bit of plastic from the playfield? My ball keeps getting stuck

7FB99621-30A4-4ADE-A5B0-0A7666F01396 (resized).jpeg7FB99621-30A4-4ADE-A5B0-0A7666F01396 (resized).jpeg
#21983 1 year ago
Quoted from etr104:

Nice! Some ideas for me to try. Using these strategies, what is your GC score?

MY GC score is something in the 90 mill., so not really huge.

#21984 1 year ago
Quoted from bdp5:

So this is obviously my first pin but do I remove this bit of plastic from the playfield? My ball keeps getting stuck [quoted image]

Are you talking about the black washer? It seems pretty large, is that stock?

#21985 1 year ago
Quoted from bdp5:

So this is obviously my first pin but do I remove this bit of plastic from the playfield? My ball keeps getting stuck [quoted image]

I think that is Mylar on your outlanes for the ball drops. Looks like it is bit coming loose due to the spacer of the post.
I would not remove mylar, you need some experience with that to do that without removing your playfield art along with it.
I would try to cut the mylar with a sharp nobby knife around the spacer and try to stick it back. Or try to loosen the post to try to get it under the spacer in a correct way.

#21986 1 year ago
Quoted from bdp5:

No that's your mylar and it's lifting and buckling/pooling by the washer. It's very minor but you want to remove that washer and post set, use a hairdryer and warm mylar up and flatten the mylar out again. You're going to need clear washer. I've got a bunch of extras. If you PM me your address I'll send you a few in the mail for free so you can get started on this.
I would remove the black and metal washer and replace with a petg clear that is slightly bigger to help hold that mylar down. That is the one with a slight notch in it so you'll need to file out a notch in your new washer as well to fit it correctly so it lies completely flat. Don't skimp on this piece you don't want to washer that doesn't lay flat. It's okay if it gets on there snug you just don't want it to bow at all And notch needs to lie flat around the metal diverter.
I've had to do this to mine and it's not difficult. 1000 plays later it's just fine and the clear looks better I think.

Don't use the metal washer at all ..just the larger clear plastic.
Replace the post and inspect the nut underneath.

You may need or benefit by using a deeper or bigger tnut with more teeth but it may be ok. There are many posts in the tech section with pictures and links on this topic of bulletproofing your game.
I ordered an assortment of clear washers different sizes from pinballlife (I think) and those tnuts from Amazon.

Anyone know if this one location needs or benefits by the bigger 6 tooth tnut? I'm not near my game but I think I put the the one with the six teeth that grabs a little better underneath. Although I'm not sure that's necessary.

Inspect your other posts and washers All over the game for any signs of pooling around the washers and fix those while you're doing this one. I think I had 3 that needed this treatment. The other on mine was around the backstage area below the A and X lanes my mylar was lifting there also.
Then also the 3 posts in a triangle formation under the plastic just above the AMP inlane the playfield art was barely pooling so I gave them the clear washer treatment to freeze in it's tracks.. it's that area where I installed pinmonks air ball drain barrier so if you don't have that yet it's a good time to do that if you do have any art pooling there. Or as a preventative just in case since you're already in there installing the barrier go ahead and put the clear washers there. See my picture below.

Edit..
I just went up and looked actually mine was the one to the left of amp lane. I see yours is the one to the left of the GNR lane.
Here's a picture to show you kind of before and after
I still have the black washer where yours is buckling in the picture. If it ain't broke don't fix it has worked for me.
You can see the clear washer that I installed to the left of yours And the mylar is lying flat since I used the hair dryer and smooth it out. The slightly larger clear washer grabs more of the mylar and keeps it flat. I still had to file out a little notch to clear that round cylinder. But it looks pretty good I've had no buckling of that mylar there since. I think based on how much mylar is under your black washer you're going to need a larger size clear like I used in order to grab more of that mylar so it doesn't happen again.

One more thought is that your situation could be that your post is just loose allowing some slight vibration on ball impact causing the mylar to buckle. If you find this to be true, you might be able to just resolve this by warming up the mylar and flattening it out and then using your existing washer set but getting it tighter after smoothing it out. That's the quick fix and then keep an eye on it. If it starts to do it again then you'll need to get the larger clear washer.

20220622_080829 (resized).jpg20220622_080829 (resized).jpg

Here Are the plastic ones under the air ball drain barrier area I was mentioning above. Red arrows show all three that I've been talking about here.
20220622_081216 (resized).jpg20220622_081216 (resized).jpg

#21987 1 year ago
Quoted from etr104:

I like to start with the gun patch and then try to get the super skill shot , then cradle the ball with the right Flipper and backhand the right ramp to qualify Frank and open the upper Playfield and try to lock a ball .
That way you get to shoot again , trying to build up your crowd metre .
After that , it's lights multiball and try to go for pyro and make some noise .
I'm currently going for song patches for a big score .
Basically trying to max your multi balls and skill shot and get a patch for the song you want .
I don't get big scores so probably not the way to go

#21988 1 year ago
Quoted from etr104:

With the caveat that I have an SE - I have been focusing my efforts on reaching NITL mode. Haven't gotten there yet, but have gotten 4/6 of the requirements a handful of times. Definitely open to pointers here!

I try to get the sponsor patch set first, although I will quickly shift to UYI2 if I qualify Break Down The Wall mode. Estranged and November Rain are my easiest songs, followed by Chinese Democracy. I'll base my song choice on how many balls I have locked - if I lock a few, I'll try to knock out Paradise City early since the Appetite album doesn't have any songs as easy as those other three. From there, I'm just trying to qualify albums with the light extra ball reward. I've learned to just wait out Slash Solo and Thirst for Destruction, but I'm not sure if that's doable on the other three modes - I'm almost always losing a ball on those remaining album modes.

One thing I've considered doing but haven't tried yet is to cradle one ball and let the others drain, when I've hit the three minute mark in a song mode and have the scoop lit. Should I be trying this??

#21989 1 year ago

Had a slight issue out of the box (switch needed adjustment but I was struggling to get it fixed!), posted on a JJP Facebook page; while waiting for it to be approved, I called JJP to see how I could fix it. Brian hopped on the phone with me and walked me through the fix, best way to do it with the tools I had on hand, and then gave me some other pointers, Easter eggs to check out on the machine, and was extremely helpful. When my post finally got approved on the page, Brian himself commented wanting to follow up to make sure that I was able to fix the issue he thought we fixed earlier on the phone. Needless to say, his customer service and follow up has given me confidence in owning a Jersey Jack machine!

#21990 1 year ago

Guys, i know im preaching to the choir with you all on this, but this machine is amazing. I got one as a sort of "eh, I'll try it for a while" game, but am loving the hell out of it.

I know it is very polarizing for people, as it seems to be love or hate, and I'm still in the honey moon phase, but im playing this a ton more than my other machines that I've gotten new in the past. I find it to be fairly difficult, and when in single ball play, it is terrifying to keep the ball alive.

As for the too many multiball complaints, the four boosters are all two ball multiballs and they have like, zero ball saver. When I get one going, I quickly try to get them all going at once. After that, you're in single until you go for a song. I've heard people call the multiballs "exhausting." I must be garbage, because they dont last long at all for me.

Amazing ass game.

#21991 1 year ago

The game is great no doubt

Quoted from Doctor6:Guys, i know im preaching to the choir with you all on this, but this machine is amazing. I got one as a sort of "eh, I'll try it for a while" game, but am loving the hell out of it.
I know it is very polarizing for people, as it seems to be love or hate, and I'm still in the honey moon phase, but im playing this a ton more than my other machines that I've gotten new in the past. I find it to be fairly difficult, and when in single ball play, it is terrifying to keep the ball alive.
As for the too many multiball complaints, thr four boosters are all two ball multiballs and they have like, zero ball saver. When i get one going, I quickly try to get them all going at once. After that, you're in single until you go for a song. I've heard people call the multiballs "exhausting." I must be garbage, because they dont last long at all for me.
Amazing ass game.

#21992 1 year ago
Quoted from adrock:

Sounds like experienced players are already getting to the TS final wizard mode with ease. Lawlor indeed mentioned that they made it a lot easier on this pin. Can’t imagine TS having lasting appeal in a home environment if it’s that easy to beat, unless you’re a TS fanatic.
By contrast, GnR final wizard mode… not in my lifetime!

I'd rather be able play the wizard modes occasionally.

I've noticed that pinball people seem unaware or unwilling to change the default difficulty on their games, even though the factory coders have already sorted proper difficulty settings for different classes of players. Pinball tables are not exactly the same so it's not like scores between machines are sacrosanct. The Toy Story thread is full of people worried about easy DEFAULT rules. At least 95% of those worried-people KNOW there are difficulty settings but they ignore them. It doesn't make sense to me.

EDIT: Actually, it does. At least in the TS4 thread, they are rationalizing another reason they can't (afford) justify buying one.

#21993 1 year ago
Quoted from Booshmeister169:

Had a slight issue out of the box (switch needed adjustment but I was struggling to get it fixed!), posted on a JJP Facebook page; while waiting for it to be approved, I called JJP to see how I could fix it. Brian hopped on the phone with me and walked me through the fix, best way to do it with the tools I had on hand, and then gave me some other pointers, Easter eggs to check out on the machine, and was extremely helpful. When my post finally got approved on the page, Brian himself commented wanting to follow up to make sure that I was able to fix the issue he thought we fixed earlier on the phone. Needless to say, his customer service and follow up has given me confidence in owning a Jersey Jack machine!

Thank you for the kind words! I try to watch FB and Pinside in between doing my regular tickets, calls, and emails.
I'm glad we go it working and it was an easy fix.

Enjoy your game!

#21994 1 year ago
Quoted from Doctor6:

Guys, i know im preaching to the choir with you all on this, but this machine is amazing. I got one as a sort of "eh, I'll try it for a while" game, but am loving the hell out of it.
As for the too many multiball complaints, the four boosters are all two ball multiballs and they have like, zero ball saver. When I get one going, I quickly try to get them all going at once. After that, you're in single until you go for a song. I've heard people call the multiballs "exhausting." I must be garbage, because they dont last long at all for me.
Amazing ass game.

Boo-Yah!! Welcome to the Jungle. It’s fun to get all 4 boosters going, the game goes nuts and is completely different than playing a song multiball. Happy to hear you like it, congrats!

#21995 1 year ago

Hi everyone! Seems like rebuilding flippers might be in the horizon for me. Where did you guys get the rebuild kits for the LE? Is it via JJP directly or some other reseller? Any links would be appreciated. This is my first pin so it will be fun going through this.

I have approximately 1500 games in and I'm still in love with the machine.

My current GC score is 154M and the strategy I follow is collecting patches and locking as many balls as possible before starting a song.

The patches I start with help with Band Frenzy and getting an extra ball:
Fender (3 taps) Gibson (1 tap) Vater > Duff Skull (3 taps) Marshall

From there I go with the following ones to get unlimited boosters:
(1 tap after getting Marshall) Lights (2 taps) Horn Hands (6 taps) Firecracker (5 taps) Amp

Then I try to get Bra and Underwear for double bonus points

Following that, T-Shirt and Poster

And at this point I drift depending on where I'm at the game.

Depending on how well (or most of the time bad) I'm doing, once I qualify in a song for lighting up add a ball (all inlane lights turned off) I cash out of the song and try to get the extra ball.

Hope it helps someone...

M

#21997 1 year ago

I am LOVING reading all these different strategies and appreciate the variations and tips shared. Keep them coming. So helpful and I have learned something from each of your posts that I can utilize. Also opens my eyes up even more to how great this game is in terms of strategies and different ways it can be played. I have always said it never feels like the same game twice - even with sticking to a favorite strategies but now there is even more and really it is seemingly endless... thumbs up. There is no such thing as stuck in a rut or being bored with playing this game.

#21998 1 year ago

Could use some Pinside brain power to troubleshoot a weird issue. The pyro shot is triggering every flipper activation, whether from the right or left flippers. The leaf switch looks fine, the gap between the leaves is fine, and the standup target is fine. In a switch test, the pyro switch doesn't trigger when I bang on the playfield or cabinet, and I have to push the standup target back a normal amount to get the switch to fire.

And yet, it still triggers on every flipper activation, even before plunging. Thoughts?

#21999 1 year ago

See the spinning record ? Look back a little more and to the left. See the leaf blade switch sticking up behind the rubber ring ? Try adjusting that one.

#22000 1 year ago

Ok I just got my JJP GNR LE. After getting it out and setting it up and trying to test it out, something seems wrong with the plunger strength. It wont shoot the ball past the top flipper on the right and falls into the playfield area. I marked the area in the photo, thats about as far as I can get the ball to go when shooting. Even when it auto shoots the ball, it wont go past this area. Any ideas? Is there a setting for the shoot strength on this? I called JJP and couple of days ago and had to leave a voicemail and they have yet to return my call. Thanks.

PXL_20220621_0005246062 (resized).jpgPXL_20220621_0005246062 (resized).jpg
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Islamorada, FL
$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 11,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pin Monk

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

7,275 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Crestview, FL
$ 24.75
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 130.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Machine - For Sale
Boston, MA
$ 11,000.00
€ 42.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 10,200.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 210.00
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 109.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Plantsville, CT
$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 19.95
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

There are 28,339 posts in this topic. You are on page 440 of 567.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-jjp-gnr-thread/page/440?hl=rolls-royce and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.