IMG_2676.gif
IMG_0960 (resized).jpeg
image1 (resized).jpeg
image0 (resized).jpeg
GnRAllenWrenchMod (resized).jpg
200w.gif
IMG_2222 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

78 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 28,402 posts in this topic. You are on page 44 of 569.
#2151 3 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

They come in two sizes of which would work fine on the metal posts. However, they specifically state the washers are not designed for this.
Probably because the metal-on-silicone might wear faster, I dunno.

I may shoot Titan an email and ask them about the reasoning behind that. Still seems like it may be worth a shot.

#2152 3 years ago

Hey owners,

Does your mini playfield flipper line up with the cut out for the mini flipper or is it off a little like mine???

C6E1BBA3-A01E-42F1-A6AA-8A1BEFEB18B5 (resized).jpegC6E1BBA3-A01E-42F1-A6AA-8A1BEFEB18B5 (resized).jpeg
#2153 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinball-Obsessed:

Hey owners,
Does your mini playfield flipper line up with the cut out for the mini flipper or is it off a little like mine???[quoted image]

Mine lines up pretty evenly

#2154 3 years ago
Quoted from dannunz:

In order to get ahead of any issues with pooling. When I get my LE am I crazy to pull apart the game and put better rubber washers and metal washers in place before even playing one game?
Just wondering if any of you NIB buyers are doing anything to prevent issues. I herd pooling if it happens starts after 30 plus games.

Personally I would not do anything to alter the assembly on the game unless you see an issue. IF you alter the game it’s possible you could create damage or be denied warranty if they suspect it was your action. Just my opinion.

#2155 3 years ago

Does your mini playfield flipper line up with the cut out for the mini flipper or is it off a little like mine???

You probably want to loosen the pawl a tiny bit and move it and retighten the pawl.

LTG : )

#2156 3 years ago

Hey owners,
Does your mini playfield flipper line up with the cut out for the mini flipper or is it off a little like mine???[quoted image]

Yea it looks like you need to make an adjustment.

20201102_232406 (resized).jpg20201102_232406 (resized).jpg
#2157 3 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

You probably want to loosen the pawl a tiny bit and move it and retighten the pawl.

Quoted from Motorcitypinball:

Yea it looks like you need to make an adjustment.
[quoted image]

Thanks!

#2158 3 years ago

Does anyone know if you still have to change batteries on GNR .

#2159 3 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

Uses the button cell 2032 pc motherboard battery

#2160 3 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

JJP games have a computer with one of those coin batteries. I think they recommend every 3 years.

#2161 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinballomatic:

Uses the button cell 2032 pc motherboard battery

Quoted from Shredso:

JJP games have a computer with one of those coin batteries. I think they recommend every 3 years.

My Hobbit is over due and apparently it can be a bit tricky to do , if it's not done right .I heard you can wipe the whole thing , and have to reinstall everything .
I don't know if that's correct but it would be good if there was another way where you don't need batteries , one less thing to worry about .
Is it true , you can stuff things up if it goes flat or you install it incorrectly .

#2162 3 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

My Hobbit is over due and apparently it can be a bit tricky to do , if it's not done right .I heard you can wipe the whole thing , and have to reinstall everything .
I don't know if that's correct but it would be good if there was another way where you don't need batteries , one less thing to worry about .
Is it true , you can stuff things up if it goes flat or you install it incorrectly .

No just carefully do it with the power on and you won't even lose BIOS settings. You cannot wipe the hard drive. I will send you the snip from the manual

#2163 3 years ago

No just carefully do it with the power on and you won't even lose BIOS settings. You cannot wipe the hard drive. I will send you the snip from the manual

Thanks a lot .
What happens if the battery goes flat .

#2164 3 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

Thanks a lot .
What happens if the battery goes flat .

Loses BIOS settings, will not boot on its own

#2165 3 years ago

here

Annotation changebattery2 (resized).pngAnnotation changebattery2 (resized).pngAnnotation chnagebattery1 (resized).pngAnnotation chnagebattery1 (resized).png
#2166 3 years ago

Is there a place to check your battery in the menu?

#2167 3 years ago

Thank you so much .
LTG does a great job but it's really nice to see someone from jjp here answering some questions , I really appreciate that .

#2168 3 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

Thank you so much .
LTG does a great job but it's really nice to see someone from jjp here answering some questions , I really appreciate that .

No problem

#2169 3 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

These are handy to protect the blades. Never tried them on JJP but it says they work on WPC type cabinets, so the should work.
https://www.pinballlife.com/interior-cabinet-protector-blade-set.html

Recommend these being the first additional purchase when buying any pinball machine. Mandatory for JJP titles because their cabinet/playfield tolerances are tight.
There's no taking it back if you scratch those sides. Maybe contact JJP to see if they sell them. There was a set included in the box when I opened my WWCE.
The rear left side of my gobstopper ramp is literally resting on the side art blade. Doesn't bother me because I have a set of these. They will move around as you are lifting because the playfield is contacting them with pressure. No sweat, take your time slide them back into position and continue lifting.
r/
Mike

#2170 3 years ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

Is there a place to check your battery in the menu?

No and it’s a 3volt battery very common at staples etc.

#2171 3 years ago

No and it’s a 3volt battery very common at staples etc.

Ok I just bought a HOU DI made in Dec 2017- would you swap it?

#2172 3 years ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

Ok I just bought a HOU DI made in Dec 2017- would you swap it?

You could read it with a meter first to see. Red lead in vdc, black lead in common. Red lead on top of battery (leave it in the holder), black lead on ground. When new they are 3.2 - 3.3, if it falls below 2.9 I'd swap it.

#2173 3 years ago

If it makes anyone feel better -- I'm maybe 125 + games into my LE (I've had it for less than 2 weeks) - and so far the playfield looks fantastic - no pooling, no chips, a fraction of the dimples that my Monster Bash LE had in it's first week - with fewer games (not a knock against Chicago - I love that machine too!)

I can't imagine I'm in the minority on a quality playfield.

I'm spectulating there may have been a small batch perhaps not cured properly? But I wouldn't worry about it guys - just enjoy it when you get it (or just cancel your order, or give your place up to someone who wants the LE now.)

You'll be so busy being dazzled by the sheer technical achievement this machine represents for JJP - you'll not worry about all the minor imperfections if yours has any.

#2174 3 years ago

Is there any info around on what the process is to restore the bios settings? I don't have an issue, but good to know if it ever happens.

#2175 3 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Is there any info around on what the process is to restore the bios settings? I don't have an issue, but good to know if it ever happens.

Plug in a USB keyboard and go in - the only thing really important in most cases is the "power on after power fail" that needs to be set to yes or enabled or whatever. Because the thing never shuts down formally, it has to tell itself to start when it is powered up.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#2176 3 years ago

just got my game, are the flippers supposed to point up a little or should they be flish with the lane guides? What incline do you guys recommend? 6.5?

#2177 3 years ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

just got my game, are the flippers supposed to point up a little or should they be flish with the lane guides?

I like flush with the lane guides. Set them how you like. Play some games and see if you like how it plays where they are at.

Quoted from nicoy3k:

What incline do you guys recommend? 6.5?

I'd go with that. Then more or less as you experience the game play, set to your liking.

#2178 3 years ago

I got my LE plate - it was accidently taken back by my distributor on the box. #136.

IMG_3216 (resized).jpgIMG_3216 (resized).jpg
#2179 3 years ago

Everything seems to works great out of box. Although flipper buttons literally just fell out, no screws to secure? Also this weird black matt was inside the cabinet. Oops.

IMG_4774 (resized).jpegIMG_4774 (resized).jpegIMG_4788 (resized).jpegIMG_4788 (resized).jpegIMG_4793 (resized).jpegIMG_4793 (resized).jpeg
#2180 3 years ago
Quoted from adamross:

Also this weird black matt was inside the cabinet. Oops.

Forgotten to be removed during manufacturing. Lays on playfield to protect it when things are being assembled.

Quoted from adamross:

Although flipper buttons literally just fell out, no screws to secure?

No sheet metal nuts laying inside the cabinet that holds them down ?

#2181 3 years ago
Quoted from adamross:

Everything seems to works great out of box. Although flipper buttons literally just fell out, no screws to secure? Also this weird black matt was inside the cabinet. Oops.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

That mat is used to place tools on while the game is running down the line so they don't scratch the playfield

#2182 3 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

They look like this.

https://www.pinballlife.com/pal-nut-metal.html

#2183 3 years ago
Quoted from adamross:

Very odd in deed granted not a major fix. Mine not only had the stamped nut holding it but also a hex head wood screw to lock that nut in place to keep it from ever coming off. Hope you get it fixed quick.

#2184 3 years ago

Maybe Slash built that one? It's even more valuable now!

Slash working hard at JJP (resized).jpgSlash working hard at JJP (resized).jpg
#2185 3 years ago

how about the top right flipper? should that be flush with the guide?

#2186 3 years ago

From post 2156

GNRFlipper (resized).jpgGNRFlipper (resized).jpg
#2187 3 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Forgotten to be removed during manufacturing. Lays on playfield to protect it when things are being assembled.

Someone must have been having a rough day at work

#2188 3 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

From post 2156
[quoted image]

not sure if that was in response to me, but if it was I am talking about the side ramp flipper on the right not the upper playfield, thanks man!

#2189 3 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

From post 2156
[quoted image]

Can we assume Mr #LTG finally got a game to provide service Or are you getting creative with recycled forum images? lol I'm going to start sending you questions on Random misc wiring and mechs Under the playfield! lol

#2190 3 years ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

not sure if that was in response to me, but if it was I am talking about the side ramp flipper on the right not the upper playfield, thanks man!

Mine is even with the guide. Sorry, LTG only has the support images We provide him lol.

#2191 3 years ago
Quoted from CoolCatPinball:

Someone must have been having a rough day at work

Not always. The assembly line workers are most likely not pinball enthusiasts and are human and can miss a step. And a flipper button pawl nut would be easy to miss on final inspection with the leaf blade switches in the way and you can't see the pawl nut too good. And when the flipper button is first pushed in, it kind of sticks there.

adamross if your are missing the two screws and pawl nuts. Please send Pinballomatic a PM and he can fix you up.

#2192 3 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Can we assume Mr #LTG finally got a game to provide service

You do have a sense of humor.

Quoted from Yelobird:

Or are you getting creative with recycled forum images?

This. I try to help anyway I can.

Quoted from Yelobird:

I'm going to start sending you questions on Random misc wiring and mechs Under the playfield! lol

I would.

#2193 3 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Mine is even with the guide. Sorry, LTG only has the support images We provide him

Thank you, and everyone for their help.

#2194 3 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

You do have a sense of humor.

This. I try to help anyway I can.

I would.

Dammit! We just can't rattle you!!! lol You are and always will be Invaluable with or without a game.

#2195 3 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Not always. The assembly line workers are most likely not pinball enthusiasts and are human and can miss a step. And a flipper button pawl nut would be easy to miss on final inspection with the leaf blade switches in the way and you can't see the pawl nut too good. And when the flipper button is first pushed in, it kind of sticks there.
adamross if your are missing the two screws and pawl nuts. Please send pinballomatic a PM and he can fix you up.

Thanks LTG will check soon as I get home from work!

#2196 3 years ago

With LEs on the line again has anyone heard anything from their distro about receiving one of the next batch of games, specifically Pinball Star?

#2197 3 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

adamross if your are missing the two screws and pawl nuts. Please send pinballomatic a PM and he can fix you up.

Agreed, I saw a video of Sterns facility, and those folks definitely were NOT pinball enthusiasts I'd bet. I was more referring to the mat left in the cabinet, and both flipper buttons missing their retainers though. I'm not being critical, it was a missed shot at humor. I've had those days for certain.

#2198 3 years ago
Quoted from jhoward1082:

With LEs on the line again has anyone heard anything from their distro about receiving one of the next batch of games, specifically Pinball Star?

I’m waiting on that same info

#2199 3 years ago
Quoted from konghusker:

I’m waiting on that same info

Not from that company but my distributor in MN is new and smaller and they told me today Feb-March delivery. He said he just spoke with JJP today

#2200 3 years ago
Quoted from adamross:

Someone was smoking something that day.

NOCN2hW (resized).jpgNOCN2hW (resized).jpg
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pin Monk

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Tulsa, OK
$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
The MOD Couple

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 210.00
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

€ 42.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

7,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Moreno Valley, CA
$ 11,000.00
8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Plantsville, CT
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 19.95
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 649.95
Lighting - Interactive
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 109.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Machine - For Sale
Fredericksburg, VA
$ 11,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 10,200.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 130.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Side Gig Studios

There are 28,402 posts in this topic. You are on page 44 of 569.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-jjp-gnr-thread/page/44 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.