IMG_20240413_155854 (resized).jpg
IMG_20240413_155858 (resized).jpg
IMG_20240413_155856 (resized).jpg
IMG_1426 (resized).jpeg (© Nutty 5.0)
IMG_2636.gif
IMG_2002 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2003 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

78 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 28,339 posts in this topic. You are on page 43 of 567.
#2101 3 years ago
Quoted from SpinnerAddict:

I went thru my SE and see no issues (but I didnt remove the black washers on the slings) Had a coupe adjustments out of the box. upper right eos switch threw an error on bootup (just a small adjustment) and the flippers were not aligned properly (raised too high) another small adjustment. Games been playing great since. So far im enjoying the speed and flow of the SE. Light shows are still awesome in my opinion.

It is indeed a bad ass game, no doubt! I would advise you check back in a few days though. My pooling issues started showing up after a few dozen plays a few days in.

I will be taking several pics tonight for my distributor, but this showed up Saturday. I noticed pooling around several posts, so i wanted to inspect things a little better.

Truly, I think JJP knocked it out of the park with this game, but seeing stuff like this on my own game really gives me bad vibes. Truly hope they can make this right.

*edit - bad lighting, but notice the direction of the clear on the right side? This happened at the factory when screwing down the post. Its literally going clockwise. To be fair I doubt they noticed, but in my case something is up with the clear. No way should a normal torque down cause this.

5ca19dae89a5653fbca7452dd4b4e3bb5c6c79d7 (resized).jpeg5ca19dae89a5653fbca7452dd4b4e3bb5c6c79d7 (resized).jpeg

#2102 3 years ago

Hopefully this will be fixed also before My CE gets on the line.

#2103 3 years ago
Quoted from jandrea95:

It is indeed a bad ass game, no doubt! I would advise you check back in a few days though. My pooling issues started showing up after a few dozen plays a few days in.
I will be taking several pics tonight for my distributor, but this showed up Saturday. I noticed pooling around several posts, so i wanted to inspect things a little better.
Truly, I think JJP knocked it out of the park with this game, but seeing stuff like this on my own game really gives me bad vibes. Truly hope they can make this right.
[quoted image]

what do you think would be "Making it right"?

I was thinking about this last night and really these are the only fair options I could come up with.

1. New populated playfield

or

2. 20%-30% refund

or

3. ship the game back for a full refund including cost of shipping and taxes

#2104 3 years ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

I was thinking about this last night and really these are the only fair options I could come up with.
or
2. 20%-30% refund
or

Its a great question, and I honestly dont have an answer. Its more than offering up some washer/post kit though.... I mean were talking about actual art being ripped off, less than 1 week into ownership.

I hesitate to just throw out some emotional request, and will see what they come back with. I am terrified to continue finding surprises to be honest. My only reason for posting this in the owners thread is, well... im an owner and I just want people to be cautious in assuming they have no issues, when they seem to creep up after a few dozen plays.

#2105 3 years ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

20%-30% refund

I'm curious where you came up with this figure?

Consider that POTC - a game now infamous for playfield issues - generally sells for 150% of MSRP.

I mean, that's not apples to apples, only 1000 POTC were made etc. But I'm just saying that the chipping is not easily quantifiable into a resale hit. It depends on the popularity and availability, etc.

#2106 3 years ago

Do you guys in the US not have a trading standards organisation?

I have spoken to a trading standards office here in UK and quality like this would warrant refund/replacement of product!

#2107 3 years ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

or
2. 20%-30% refund
or

Now your thinking too logically....we all know from past that none of those options will ever happen. Unfortunately with Stern and JJP your rolling the dice. The best you can hope for is a new play field that hopefully offsets the value of the game if u ever decide to sell it.

#2108 3 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

I'm curious where you came up with this figure?
Consider that POTC - a game now infamous for playfield issues - generally sells for 150% of MSRP.
I mean, that's not apples to apples, only 1000 POTC were made etc. But I'm just saying that the chipping is not easily quantifiable into a resale hit. It depends on the popularity and availability, etc.

POTC is an exception based on rarity. GnR will be much more like Wonka, DI and the Hobbit in the secondary market.

which is basically selling your game for ~85% of the NIB price on the secondary market

if there are games with and without playfield chipping, there is NO WAY i would be able to sell my game for 85% of its value

using GnR SE as an example, a 6750 NIB prices means the HOU price will probably be about 5800 for a game with a perfect playfield.

If my game had chipping I don't think I could sell it for more than 4500. $1300 loss is about 20% of the NIB price, that is how I got to the price.

#2109 3 years ago

You wont get shit. Maybe a blank PF.

#2110 3 years ago
Quoted from zr11990:

You wont get shit. Maybe a blank PF.

then they aren't making it right

#2111 3 years ago

You know...a blank playfield isn't exactly nothing. It takes a lot of work to cut those things, hammer in the inserts, clear it multiple times.

It has some value.

#2112 3 years ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

then they aren't making it right

Thats the risk....I know it sucks, but its the reality of the situation. The hope is u can sell the unpopulated play field for $500+ and make up some of the loses. If this really bothers u I wouldn't buy NIB

#2113 3 years ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

POTC is an exception based on rarity. GnR will be much more like Wonka, DI and the Hobbit in the secondary market.
which is basically selling your game for ~85% of the NIB price on the secondary market
if there are games with and without playfield chipping, there is NO WAY i would be able to sell my game for 85% of its value
using GnR SE as an example, a 6750 NIB prices means the HOU price will probably be about 5800 for a game with a perfect playfield.
If my game had chipping I don't think I could sell it for more than 4500. $1300 loss is about 20% of the NIB price, that is how I got to the price.

no way an SE would ever go down to $4500 even with chipping / pooling. Think of the 10-25 year old titles that sit around that price range....all in some state of "non-mint" condition from years of use, bumps and bruises....can you think of ANY $4500 game that would be more desirable than a GNR SE come a year from now? This will ALWAYS be a premium product - minor playfield issues or not.

#2114 3 years ago

So out of all of the people in this thread with an LE on order, who has called and cancelled? I'd love to know how quickly I am moving up the line as a result of the cancellations out of protest here...

If push came to shove and your distributor called you today and said "yup, ready to ship! please pay this invoice, youll have your game Friday of this week!" - how many would actually say "thanks but no thanks...call the next buyer in line!" ?

Demand on this is through the roof. We are all hypothetically looking at months-long wait period at the moment and have not heard a peep from JJP with any details just to make this whole thing more disconcerting...yet are we cancelling in droves??

#2115 3 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

Thats the risk....I know it sucks, but its the reality of the situation. The hope is u can sell the unpopulated play field for $500+ and make up some of the loses. If this really bothers u I wouldn't buy NIB

No its not the risk... big difference between some pooling and your playfield literally chipping apart 30 plays into it.

#2116 3 years ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

No its not the risk... big difference between some pooling and your playfield literally chipping apart 30 plays into it.

Listen its really simple....don't buy NIB games....I stayed on the side line for two years due to all these issues, and decided to change course as I love GNR and wanted the CE....So I rolled the dice thinking there was little chance this issue would continue, but here we are. I guarantee u there will dozens of nice games for sale in 6-12 months that u can inspect prior to purchase.

#2117 3 years ago

I cancelled my Avengers, there are heaps worse issues on that thing than some playfield pooling or chipping that can be repaired. There's design issues with the subway and owners trying to redesign it so it works, there's QC issues where people are getting machines that you can't take the glass off, opto's plugged in backwards etc

Very much looking forward to the Gunners though.

#2118 3 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

Listen its really simple....don't buy NIB games....I stayed on the side line for two years due to all these issues, and decided to change course as I love GNR and wanted the CE....So I rolled the dice thinking there was little chance this issue would continue, but here we are. I guarantee u there will dozens of nice games for sale in 6-12 months that u can inspect prior to purchase.

listen don't tell me what do to. the vast majority of NIB games from every manufacturer don't have issues to this degree. if you want to create some delusion in your mind that this is normal go ahead.

#2119 3 years ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

or
2. 20%-30% refund
or

None of this happened for POTC and was much more wide spread across SE/LE/CE.

#2120 3 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

None of this happened for POTC and was much more wide spread across SE/LE/CE.

I am not saying it has or it will. Simply saying what "making it right" would actually be.

#2121 3 years ago
Quoted from Dkjimbo:

So out of all of the people in this thread with an LE on order, who has called and cancelled? I'd love to know how quickly I am moving up the line as a result of the cancellations out of protest here...
If push came to shove and your distributor called you today and said "yup, ready to ship! please pay this invoice, youll have your game Friday of this week!" - how many would actually say "thanks but no thanks...call the next buyer in line!" ?
Demand on this is through the roof. We are all hypothetically looking at months-long wait period at the moment and have not heard a peep from JJP with any details just to make this whole thing more disconcerting...yet are we cancelling in droves??

Bingo..this is why there will be no more done other than washer cover up kits and at best a replacement unpopulated PF for the worst case
Damages.

There really is no need for them to do more or change anything since you all are lining up in droves for the game.

#2122 3 years ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

I am not saying it has or it will. Simply saying what "making it right" would actually be.

I got a unpopulated PF which I would have to pay someone to do the swap years down the road.
If I recall, Quotes for this type of swap are north of $1500. Several on here looked into it.

#2123 3 years ago
Quoted from Dkjimbo:

I honestly didnt realize this topic was so polarizing.

I know the demand has been huge, and rightfully so! I just dont think its right to see flaws such as this right out of the box. I had to tweak each and every single mech on Elvira, not once was I ever angry. Seeing several posts starting to have issues after 30-50 games including one post where art has completely separated from the bare wood is cause for concern to me.

I am one of the many people who roll their eyes seeing people complaining about dimpling, etc. , but this is the fear of art flaking / chipping off your playfield. I shouldnt have to worry about this just because I chose to purchase NIB.

#2124 3 years ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

listen don't tell me what do to. the vast majority of NIB games from every manufacturer don't have issues to this degree. if you want to create some delusion in your mind that this is normal go ahead.

The vast majority of NIB GNR games won't have this issue either, but the reality is some will.....or u can continue to stress out assuming JJP and or Stern will fix all these problems...its not gonna happen....so ya theres a risk, because if it does happen u know damn well the best you'll get is a unpopulated play field....all the above problems go away if u buy a nice HUO game that u can inspect

#2125 3 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

The vast majority of NIB GNR games won't have this issue either, but the reality is some will.....or u can continue to stress out assuming JJP and or Stern will fix all these problems...its not gonna happen....so ya theres a risk, because if it does happen u know damn well the best you'll get is a unpopulated play field....all the above problems go away if u buy a nice HUO game that u can inspect

I hope you're right. So far every single owner that has bothered to post an update seems to have started to see issues. The scary thing to me is that the "pooling" issues seem to start after a bit of play.

#2126 3 years ago
Quoted from jandrea95:

I honestly didnt realize this topic was so polarizing.

Did you join Pinside yesterday? lol Everything is polarizing! JK!

#2127 3 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Did you join Pinside yesterday? lol Everything is polarizing! JK!

I walked right into that

#2128 3 years ago
Quoted from SpinnerAddict:

SE in the house! Time to put some plays on it
[quoted image]

I have to agree! That’s a beautiful game

#2129 3 years ago
Quoted from jandrea95:

I walked right into that

Lol. That aside. Have to ask what range of scores are you putting down on this game? This game still beats me down especially those outlanes unless you Really use those tilt warnings. 1-2 million is a good round for me though I have had a few in the 5-7 million range but those are less often.

#2130 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinhead1982:

Do you guys in the US not have a trading standards organisation?
I have spoken to a trading standards office here in UK and quality like this would warrant refund/replacement of product!

No, nothing that compares to yours. While the sheep (people) have been grazing in the fields, the wolves (corporations) have been slowly taking back control.

#2131 3 years ago
Quoted from fooflighter:

All ears then, speculation is the only resource I have as there is NO comm otherwise from official source. I am super excited for the game and just want it to be great. Every pic of damage detracts from that excitement though, and right now, I seriously hope my LE on order is delayed until there is a real fix, that's backwards, I shoud be counting the days...now every post I see about how great the game is with promo on Facebook etc brings me back to the playfield issue.

JJP called my distro last week about payment on another shipment of LE's, the line is still moving.

#2132 3 years ago

I ordered an LE with a smaller distributor hoping I'll get it sooner rather than being in line with one of the bigger, popular ones. He said "I've got 8 on order, your name is on one." Hoping I made a good choice.

#2133 3 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Lol. That aside. Have to ask what range of scores are you putting down on this game? This game still beats me down especially those outlanes unless you Really use those tilt warnings. 1-2 million is a good round for me though I have had a few in the 5-7 million range but those are less often.

My scores are about the same usually around 1 to 2M sometimes maybe 3. I’ve had a couple games that were pretty high scoring for me between six and 8 million.

I definitely need to play more though.

#2134 3 years ago

I have issues with my Avengers LE and Stern is taking care of it.

I did have to email them several times to get things situated, but in the course of 5 emails, I am all set !

People with issues should spend time calling and emailing JJP. In the time it takes to constantly complain here about it, the issue could (possibly) be resolved.

These machines cost a lot of money, and a certain amount of due dilligence (speaking with the company via emails, phone calls, etc) is warranted on the purchaser's part.

#2135 3 years ago

Per the TPN/ The Pinball Show is sounds like each distro will be getting a 'few' LE's end of November and a small run of SE's after the 'few' LE's. CE's appear to be early 2021 per @zmeny?

JJP just threw a big middle finger at everyone of us who bought a CE. Let alone standing silent on the playfield issues. WTF JJP!?! I can't even get a returned email or call from them.

#2136 3 years ago
Quoted from Dallas_Pin:

Per the TPN/ The Pinball Show is sounds like each distro will be getting a 'few' LE's end of November and a small run of SE's after the 'few' LE's. CE's appear to be early 2021 per zmeny?
JJP just threw a big middle finger at everyone of us who bought a CE. Let alone standing silent on the playfield issues. WTF JJP!?! I can't even get a returned email or call from them.

That's ok, they gave most of us the middle finger if we tried to go through distributors for a CE. At least you are getting one. Still don't care for the poster art package.

#2137 3 years ago

Reply on Facebook, jjp says another run of le's currently on the line.

#2138 3 years ago
Quoted from Shmilder:

Reply on Facebook, jjp says another run of le's currently on the line.

Yup. Saw that to. Hope mine's on there.

#2139 3 years ago

Does anyone know what washers would be best to put on these posts? Thinking of just putting a washer on every post once I get the game.

#2140 3 years ago

What’s everybody doing for side blades? Curious if mirror blades fit or if it’s too tight

#2141 3 years ago
Quoted from konghusker:

What’s everybody doing for side blades? Curious if mirror blades fit or if it’s too tight

My machine is tight with no blades. Not tight as in difficult to lift, but very little wiggle room.

#2142 3 years ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

Does anyone know what washers would be best to put on these posts? Thinking of just putting a washer on every post once I get the game.

Kind of like the ones from Titan in multiple colors.

https://www.titanpinball.com/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=154&search=Washer

#2143 3 years ago

I think you'll find those are only suitable for star posts/plastic posts not the metal ones on GNR

#2144 3 years ago

Just got my tracking number. Should be picking it up Wednesday after work. Can’t wait.

#2145 3 years ago
Quoted from CoolCatPinball:

My machine is tight with no blades. Not tight as in difficult to lift, but very little wiggle room.

These are handy to protect the blades. Never tried them on JJP but it says they work on WPC type cabinets, so the should work.

https://www.pinballlife.com/interior-cabinet-protector-blade-set.html

#2146 3 years ago

Very interesting. I imagine one could trim those down to fit the metal posts. Maybe?

#2147 3 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

These are handy to protect the blades. Never tried them on JJP but it says they work on WPC type cabinets, so the should work.
https://www.pinballlife.com/interior-cabinet-protector-blade-set.html

I have made a mess of my blades on the Hobbit from lifting the playfield. May give these a shot.

#2148 3 years ago
Quoted from insight75:

I have made a mess of my blades on the Hobbit from lifting the playfield. May give these a shot.

You can go to dollar store and buy the thin cardboard for crafts. Cut it to shape and fold it over the edge.

#2149 3 years ago
Quoted from CoolCatPinball:

Very interesting. I imagine one could trim those down to fit the metal posts. Maybe?

They come in two sizes of which would work fine on the metal posts. However, they specifically state the washers are not designed for this.

Probably because the metal-on-silicone might wear faster, I dunno.

#2150 3 years ago

In order to get ahead of any issues with pooling. When I get my LE am I crazy to pull apart the game and put better rubber washers and metal washers in place before even playing one game?

Just wondering if any of you NIB buyers are doing anything to prevent issues. I herd pooling if it happens starts after 30 plus games.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 60.00
Hardware
Pin Parts

7,500 (OBO)
$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 210.00
€ 42.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 10,200.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

Machine - For Sale
Boston, MA
7,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Moreno Valley, CA
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 130.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Machine - For Sale
St. Clair Shores, MI
$ 40.00
Playfield - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 11,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 109.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pin Monk

Hardware
Pinball Haven

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 28,339 posts in this topic. You are on page 43 of 567.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-jjp-gnr-thread/page/43?hl=dkjimbo and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.