IMG_2676.gif
IMG_0960 (resized).jpeg
image1 (resized).jpeg
image0 (resized).jpeg
GnRAllenWrenchMod (resized).jpg
200w.gif
IMG_2222 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

78 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 28,410 posts in this topic. You are on page 439 of 569.
#21901 1 year ago
Quoted from deejaypee:

You sound almost defeated into going for GNR! I agree, TS not terribly exciting looking. I’m sure it’ll be fun, I love me some Lawlor, but the theme and (from the vids I’ve seen) sounds aren’t exciting me much.
Last I heard they were around 4,000 units I think, but also that they’re off the line for now (for obvious reasons). I feel like there are enough waiting around for owners anyway. For that I have I my anecdotal data, no science there! Someone here will correct me if I’m errant. But I think you can feel safe waiting around and seeing if the spirit moves you differently.

True. I GNR as a theme is hard to beat and it will look great next to my Iron Maiden premium. I was at the same time curious to see what Lawlor could do with TS. I guess I expected a much more stuffed playfield and even the return of real sub ramps.
I was about to order a GNR a long time ago. Then the playfield problems made me hesitate, then I got unemployed and now the new TS. Still the exchange rate between USD and Swedish krona is extreme, making games very expensive at the moment. Waiting a couple of months for world economy to stabilize may make it more affordable again. I’m in no hurry but I guess I would like to secure a game before end of production.

#21902 1 year ago
Quoted from Doctor6:

Guys,
Im gonna ask a stupid, and seemngly inflammatory question.
I'm debating on a gnr le. I've owned dialed in, hobbit and woz in the past. Where, non baisedly, does this stack up against them, in your opinion? Is this still a game you enjoy if you've owned it a while. I'm getting nervous by the tons of people selling and dont wan't to make a mistake.

I've had Woz and Hobbit .
When GNR was released , I thought it looked good but I'm not a fan ( although I don't mind a few songs ) so I thought it's not for me .
But after a month or so of watching videos of GNR , I decided to go check it out at my distributor . I played it for an hour and thought it was great .
I went back the next week and played it for another hour .
After that , I realised how special it was .
And as much as I love The Hobbit , I knew I would have to sell it .
I don't regret my decision , I love the modes , the shots , everything about it , and like the Hobbit , it has all the assets that you would ever want .
And I play it a lot more .
Put some time on one and see if it grabs you .

#21903 1 year ago
Quoted from daytonspink:

Haven’t been able to play mine for over 3 weeks now. Only a month old. Ball trough error. They sent a new trough receiver board and had no luck

In the diagnostic menu Tests-->Device Tests-->Ball Trough is the place to go to figure out any trough problems. Should be pretty self explanatory but if not, just ask here for help.

#21904 1 year ago

Jjp just sent me a replacement switch (diode went bad) for the center scoop… curious if anyone has replaced theirs and how difficult it was?

Thx!

#21905 1 year ago
Quoted from Skyemont:Anyone selling GNR for TS?

Yeah right .
Toy Story makes you realise how special GNR is .
Especially when a licensor gives you everything you want , to make the game you want .
All GNR's have just gone up in value

#21906 1 year ago
Quoted from Doctor6:

Guys,
Im gonna ask a stupid, and seemngly inflammatory question.
I'm debating on a gnr le. I've owned dialed in, hobbit and woz in the past. Where, non baisedly, does this stack up against them, in your opinion? Is this still a game you enjoy if you've owned it a while. I'm getting nervous by the tons of people selling and dont wan't to make a mistake.

I’ve had my GNR for a year and a half and love it. It’s not for everyone though - If you don’t like risk/Reward or Adrenalin you probably won’t like this game. The flipper feel sucks out of the box on GNR too so expect some tweaking and adjusting to get it to play right. All in all it’s a pretty freakin sweet game.

As someone else mentioned though, slash solo can die in a fiery hot pile of shyt. The mode itself is pretty cool, but it’s gotta be the most useless and worst implementation of a mode in all of pinball. I really hope Keefer can revisit it soon now that TS is launched, it’s an somewhat easy fix - just stack it with the rest of game (minus song modes).

#21907 1 year ago

Ok crew. Going to preach to the choir for a moment. Recently got my pinwoofer setup and pinmonk fans installed in this game. Both of these are amazing and I can’t imagine the game without them. Thanks PinWoofer and PinMonk !

Who makes the best exterior cabinet lighting to match what they did on the CE? Do those lights integrate with game code in the same way as they do on the CE.

#21908 1 year ago
Quoted from Dantesmark:

Jjp just sent me a replacement switch (diode went bad) for the center scoop… curious if anyone has replaced theirs and how difficult it was?
Thx!

Just make sure you get the 2 wires soldered to the same lugs on the new switch as they were on the old switch.
When reattaching the switch, you may need to adjust it a few times before you have it dialed in where it needs to be.
The easiest way is to leave one screw loose, and the other snugged up enough that the switch stays where you adjust it to.
Once you have it adjusted, snug up both screws.
Overtightening the screws will cause the switch to bind up and stay in the closed position, so be careful of that.

#21909 1 year ago

Anyone been able to get hold of JJP for part replacement? I have submitted their online form twice now and nobody ever contacts me. Need a new topper LED cable on my CE. Also calling the number and pressing 1 for tech support, it just rings and rings and rings.

#21910 1 year ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

Anyone been able to get hold of JJP for part replacement? I have submitted their online form twice now and nobody ever contacts me. Need a new topper LED cable on my CE. Also calling the number and pressing 1 for tech support, it just rings and rings and rings.

I am watching the ticket queue as I type this. No new tickets.

#21911 1 year ago
Quoted from PghPinballRescue:

I am watching the ticket queue as I type this. No new tickets.

I'll try submitting a 3rd one then. I tried once a month ago, and again 2 weeks ago.

edit: submitted. It's shown this screen every time I've submitted a ticket.

Capture (resized).JPGCapture (resized).JPG
#21912 1 year ago

All set now, thank you so much!! I don't know what the heck happened the first times I submitted tickets, maybe netsuite was down or something.

#21913 1 year ago
Quoted from PghPinballRescue:

Just make sure you get the 2 wires soldered to the same lugs on the new switch as they were on the old switch.
When reattaching the switch, you may need to adjust it a few times before you have it dialed in where it needs to be.
The easiest way is to leave one screw loose, and the other snugged up enough that the switch stays where you adjust it to.
Once you have it adjusted, snug up both screws.
Overtightening the screws will cause the switch to bind up and stay in the closed position, so be careful of that.

Thx for the advice!!

#21914 1 year ago
Quoted from screaminr:

Yeah right .
Especially when a licensor gives you everything you want , to make the game you want .

I was thinking the same thing today. Only 500 CE vs 1000 now, and just all Round. I’m not sure there will ever be such integration, a marriage between two brands ever again (in pinball). I can only wish there will be

#21915 1 year ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

I'll try submitting a 3rd one then. I tried once a month ago, and again 2 weeks ago.
edit: submitted. It's shown this screen every time I've submitted a ticket.[quoted image]

Taken care of.

#21916 1 year ago
Quoted from thekaiser82:

Ok crew. Going to preach to the choir for a moment. Recently got my pinwoofer setup and pinmonk fans installed in this game. Both of these are amazing and I can’t imagine the game without them. Thanks PinWoofer and PinMonk !
Who makes the best exterior cabinet lighting to match what they did on the CE? Do those lights integrate with game code in the same way as they do on the CE.

They're called Hyperlytes (and they're awesome!)... Send a PM to deejaypee

#21917 1 year ago

I love my GNR's LE... not interested in TS4 at all.

#21918 1 year ago
Quoted from thekaiser82:

Thanks for the Tibetan Breeze testimonial!

As far as I know the Hyperlites are the ONLY solution to give you the CE-like experience on an LE without DIYing it. Joel raves about them on his recent GnR streams. He has a store for them here on pinside.

#21919 1 year ago
Quoted from thekaiser82:

1. Hyperlytes are the best solution. deejaypee is the Hyperlytes creator of this Plug-N-Play solution (30 min!) and has a store online - PM him, or find more info and videos and ordering for them here: https://cheapdrainz.com/products/gnr-hyperlytes and they hook into the playfield data feed and EXACTLY mimic and are the same light show as the hotrails on the playfield of the LE. Its a "CE-Like" experience, but not exactly the same as a CE.

2. The CE has different code and hardware. The lightshow choreography of the hotrails that are on the outside of the cabinet can be different from the playfield hotrails. That programmatic independence and additional code is an awesome feature of the CE .

One thing I am not sure on is if the CE has SIX data lines or FOUR total so the four cabinet hotrails (2 bottom and 2 back) plus the playfield hotrails are all independent or if the outside cabinet four rails are combined and addressed as two left/two right like the hyperlytes, but with two more unique data lines to the playfield.

#21920 1 year ago
Quoted from screaminr:

Yeah right .

fully agree. My GnR will most likely go up in value next week. Will get back on that next week. But it will never leave after that. (like it would ever?)

#21921 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

As far as I know the Hyperlites are the ONLY solution to give you the CE experience on an LE without DIYing it.

You can also get them with the stadium rock topper .

#21922 1 year ago
Quoted from screaminr:

But do those really sync with the data lines of the hotrails? Or do they just sync with the spotlights like the topper? In fact I am not even sure if the topper syncs with the spotlights, maybe its with the stage lights data feed......or maybe its a combination of both... I guess I just dont know. Videos I have seen of the cabinet lights with the topper made me think it was NOT using the datafeed from the hotrails. I am curious now.

#21923 1 year ago
Quoted from Vespula:

But do those really sync with the data lines of the hotrails? Or do they just sync with the spotlights like the topper? In fact I am not even sure if the topper syncs with the spotlights, maybe its with the stage lights data feed......or maybe its a combination of both... I guess I just dont know. Videos I have seen of the cabinet lights with the topper made me think it was NOT using the datafeed from the hotrails. I am curious now.

I don't know but they plug into the spare datafeed Port at the back of the Playfield .

#21924 1 year ago
Quoted from screaminr:

Isn't that the one that's literally like 7x more money?

#21925 1 year ago

Yep , but it's sick when it's in action
Edit It's 6.193 X as much
IMG20220412195552 (resized).jpgIMG20220412195552 (resized).jpg

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#21926 1 year ago

That topper is awesome as are the hyperlytes from what I've seen. I suspect they can co-exist and that the result together would be spectacular! Why not do both?

#21927 1 year ago

It's tempting to custom-install the hyperlights as part of room lighting. Perhaps as a banner surround, or behind frosted glass. Lots of possiblities here. Hmmm....

#21928 1 year ago
Quoted from DiabloRush:

It's tempting to custom-install the hyperlights as part of room lighting. Perhaps as a banner surround, or behind frosted glass. Lots of possiblities here. Hmmm....

It's been done.. somewhere on this thread there is someone that ran lighting along the floor baseboard and along the ceiling.

#21929 1 year ago

I just noticed that my two spotlights only move up/down and there is no left/right movement. I went into the test and verified. Any idea why this would happen?

#21930 1 year ago
Quoted from riggy469:

I just noticed that my two spotlights only move up/down and there is no left/right movement. I went into the test and verified. Any idea why this would happen?

Unplugged or servo died. How long have you had it? The servos are basically consumables.

#21931 1 year ago
Quoted from riggy469:

Put a ticket in and I'll send you a document I wrote that'll help diagnose where the problem is.

#21932 1 year ago

Sorry to hijack the thread, but hopeful future owner with a question:

I have a 28” doorway leading to my gameroom and can’t fit a JJP game through, as the backbox width is 29”. Has anyone dealt with a similar situation and had to remove the head? Feel free to message me directly with any advice so as not to clutter this thread, but I’m really hoping to get one these

#21933 1 year ago
Quoted from mbl1116:

Sorry to hijack the thread, but hopeful future owner with a question:
I have a 28” doorway leading to my gameroom and can’t fit a JJP game through, as the backbox width is 29”. Has anyone dealt with a similar situation and had to remove the head? Feel free to message me directly with any advice so as not to clutter this thread, but I’m really hoping to get one these

Remodel house and this doorway.
Or sell house and buy more pinball friendly house, time to move out of Medford. (J/k), I used to live in shamong!
Or scroll up 50 posts to someone discussing the same problem along with the solution to remove the backbox.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-jjp-gnr-thread/page/438#post-6977753

#21934 1 year ago
Quoted from ZoraShinoda:

Remodel house and this doorway.
Or sell house and buy more pinball friendly house, time to move out of Medford. (J/k), I used to live in shamong!
Or scroll up 50 posts to someone discussing the same problem along with the solution to remove the backbox.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-jjp-gnr-thread/page/438#post-6977753

Those are all good suggestions, in the correct order, but if there are no stairs involved, you could also try skooching it through with some angling along the way. With game folded up, sitting on its back, angle it about 45 degrees so one side of the head goes through the doorway and clears it... then slide it over towards that side until the main cabinet is almost touching the door frame...then spin it straight again, at which point the other side of the head should clear the doorway and you're good to go. This can even be done when stairs are involved, but let me assure you that is more excitement than most pinheads want to experience.

#21935 1 year ago
Quoted from Vespula:

I wanted to double check before I posted .
The back box and under cabinet lighting does not sync with the hot rails all the time , but sometimes they do .
Also the topper spotlights do not sync with the Playfield spotlights , hot rails or the stage LEDs .
They do what they want , but during a song and at other certain times they do matchup .
They are very professionally done , even the wires are embedded into the frame of the topper .
I can see why it's so expensive .
And yes , my Playfield LCD is out .

IMG20220616233301 (resized).jpgIMG20220616233301 (resized).jpg

#21936 1 year ago

Well, I'm at the front door of getting an LE of this machine. Anyone want to talk me out of it? Anything i should know before I make the plunge? I'm excited to get it. Not sure if I should be worried by the "too much multiball" complaint as people said that about Hobbit, and i don't know wtf that meant.

#21937 1 year ago
Quoted from Doctor6:

Well, I'm at the front door of getting an LE of this machine. Anyone want to talk me out of it? Anything i should know before I make the plunge? I'm excited to get it. Not sure if I should be worried by the "too much multiball" complaint as people said that about Hobbit, and i don't know wtf that meant.

Do it.

The multiball complaint is from people that don't understand it in GnR or simply don't like more than one ball on the playfield. And if you find it's too much, you can always turn the frequency down in the settings.

DO-IT-cropped.gifDO-IT-cropped.gif
#21938 1 year ago
Quoted from Doctor6:

If you suck at pinball, don't get it, the game is exceptionally brutal. That being said, nothing better than cashing in an amazing jackpot in this game.

#21939 1 year ago
Quoted from daveyvandy:

If you suck at pinball, don't get it, the game is exceptionally brutal. That being said, nothing better than cashing in an amazing jackpot in this game.

I super suck at pinball but for some reason the shots in this game resonate with me and I can find them all reasonably well. Now watch me play my Mando and you will see what sucking at pinball looks like, lol.

#21940 1 year ago
Quoted from Doctor6:

Well, I'm at the front door of getting an LE of this machine.

Bout time if you want nib. Never too late to join this club.

Quoted from Doctor6:

Anyone want to talk me out of it? .

No way. Best game. You deserve it!

Quoted from Doctor6:

Anything i should know before I make the plunge?

Yup It's not a plunge, it's a skill shot.

Quoted from Doctor6:

I'm excited to get it. Not sure if I should be worried by the "too much multiball" complaint as people said that about Hobbit, and i don't know wtf that meant.

Good. Then you'll be fine. Once you understand the purpose of the multi balls you'll actually want to get them so that you can go into the song and really rock the game.

Can't wait to hear what you have to say after a couple hundred games at home.

#21941 1 year ago
Quoted from Vespula:

Bout time if you want nib. Never too late to join this club.

No way. Best game. You deserve it!

Yup It's not a plunge, it's a skill shot.

Good. Then you'll be fine. Once you understand the purpose of the multi balls you'll actually want to get them so that you can go into the song and really rock the game.
Can't wait to hear what you have to say after a couple hundred games at home.

#truth

#21942 1 year ago

I never knew Shacklers revenge was a song on Chinese democracy until I looked up the tracks on Wikipedia

#21943 1 year ago
Quoted from Doctor6:

Looking at your collection; Avengers is more multiball heavy than GNR. Avengers does have a better layout for multiball as the shots on GNR are up close and in your face so multiballs can seem overwhelming at first. But, once you learn powerchord locking and how to round out the long loops and spinner to pops shot, and use the meter/patches for more cradle control, you’ll find it’s a sweet layout.

GNR will round out your lineup real well. The biggest issue with GNR is Slash Solo. Also, the game can suffer from typical Keefer marathon madness, but the game settings default to extra easy so customizing them around your play style is an option.

Keep in mind, it’s not really a mode objective pinball, but it kind of is. It’s not really a journey type game, but it kind of is. It’s not really a typical pinball game, but it kind of is. All in all, it’s a music pin and one of the best at that. Oh and if you don’t like the music, well, you might want to stay away. Enjoy. Good luck!

#21944 1 year ago

My left post on the lock just started not coming up all the way. When I go into coil tests it doesn’t seem to trigger anything but the slings and shaker. Suggestions on next steps?

#21945 1 year ago
Quoted from Blu:

Suggestions on next steps?

Is it dirty ? Binding on anything ?

LTG : )

#21946 1 year ago
Quoted from Blu:

When I go into coil tests it doesn’t seem to trigger anything but the slings and shaker.

Tests - Coils - #33 left lock post. Pull out high power interlock switch on coin door frame, hit the start button. Does it work then ?

If only slings and shaker work. I'd check fuses on the I/O board. See if the led next to any of them is out, maybe you blew a fuse.

#21947 1 year ago
Quoted from Blu:

Suggestions on next steps?

Page 219 in the manual Check fuses F701 and F702 for 70 volt coil fuse stream.

Don't forget to call jjp and tell them to get LTG : ) back.

#21948 1 year ago
Quoted from LTG:

Tests - Coils - #33 left lock post. Pull out high power interlock switch on coin door frame, hit the start button. Does it work then ?
If only slings and shaker work. I'd check fuses on the I/O board. See if the led next to any of them is out, maybe you blew a fuse.

You’re going to need to excuse my ignorance here. I don’t know what you mean when you say ‘pull out high power interlock switch’. When I hit start to test coil it doesn’t actually fire. None of them do, except the slings and shaker. But they work in the game, even the left lock post. It‘a just barely low enough that the ball doesn’t lock. When I lock the second ball, it scoots height enough to capture it, but releases all the balls when it should drop one at a time.

#21949 1 year ago
Quoted from Blu:

I don’t know what you mean when you say ‘pull out high power interlock switch’.

When you open the coin door on the left inside are two fat white switches. The top one is for your high power coils, the bottom one in the memory protect switch. See picture.

The top high power one is pushed in when the coin door closes turning on the high power. When the coin door is open, pull it's knob out. This will lock on the high power for testing.

Since most stuff works in game play with the coin door closed, forget fuses. Concentrate on the left lock. Dirty, stuck, binding, broken wire ate the coil ?

IMG_0567 (resized).JPGIMG_0567 (resized).JPG
#21950 1 year ago

Nope doesn’t work. I’ll pull off the glass and clean it

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pin Monk

Machine - For Sale
Warren, OH
$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
The MOD Couple

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 210.00
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

€ 42.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Crestview, FL
$ 11,000.00
6,790 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Silverthorne, CO
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 19.95
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 649.95
Lighting - Interactive
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 109.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 11,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 10,200.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 130.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Side Gig Studios

There are 28,410 posts in this topic. You are on page 439 of 569.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-jjp-gnr-thread/page/439 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.