IMG_2676.gif
IMG_0960 (resized).jpeg
image1 (resized).jpeg
image0 (resized).jpeg
GnRAllenWrenchMod (resized).jpg
200w.gif
IMG_2222 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

78 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 28,410 posts in this topic. You are on page 438 of 569.
#21851 1 year ago

Project almost complete, dialing in still to go. Wasn’t sure about the blue, but looks completely bad ass. Hard to appreciate via pics. This game F’n rocks, my lady can’t leave it alone!!
Cheers to @Robertstone0407, another quality job once again!!

077C8A5D-59E4-4239-86A2-F100AF88C707 (resized).jpeg077C8A5D-59E4-4239-86A2-F100AF88C707 (resized).jpeg7E0F188C-4697-4591-BCAD-341FB2E5F764 (resized).jpeg7E0F188C-4697-4591-BCAD-341FB2E5F764 (resized).jpeg8CED3C57-A83D-4D25-910A-8759FA39582C (resized).jpeg8CED3C57-A83D-4D25-910A-8759FA39582C (resized).jpeg94DC949F-CB8B-4ADC-B5AC-297B89EDB2F8 (resized).jpeg94DC949F-CB8B-4ADC-B5AC-297B89EDB2F8 (resized).jpeg9E04C86E-97A3-4B80-8F71-DC9D37981B5F (resized).jpeg9E04C86E-97A3-4B80-8F71-DC9D37981B5F (resized).jpegA0E642CF-76BE-4A11-8D2C-08ED542153D0 (resized).jpegA0E642CF-76BE-4A11-8D2C-08ED542153D0 (resized).jpegC6839130-E960-4BC7-B40A-7D524EE9DF55 (resized).jpegC6839130-E960-4BC7-B40A-7D524EE9DF55 (resized).jpegD593B8FD-D44B-4C89-8D39-98BB44195B75 (resized).jpegD593B8FD-D44B-4C89-8D39-98BB44195B75 (resized).jpeg
#21852 1 year ago
Quoted from woodmedic:

The up and down servo just failed on my left spotlight. I went ahead and ordered a 4 pack of the emax servos. I already have the linkage upgrade kit on hand. How difficult is it to replace the servos and linkage on these?

Easy, just make sure the servos are centered when you screw them in. (Plug into game, boot to attract mode, turn it off)

#21853 1 year ago

I just picked up a GNR a couple of days ago and when I start a game it auto plunges after a few seconds. Any ideas?

#21854 1 year ago
Quoted from Don44:

I just picked up a GNR a couple of days ago and when I start a game it auto plunges after a few seconds. Any ideas?

Stuck switch somewhere? Check switch test.

#21856 1 year ago

I just fucked myself out of a 106,000,000 jackpot score on Estranged. I sat there like a dipshit and watched my last 2 balls drain at the same time. FML....... first world problems huh?

#21857 1 year ago
Quoted from CoolCatPinball:

I just fucked myself out of a 106,000,000 jackpot score on Estranged. I sat there like a dipshit and watched my last 2 balls drain at the same time. FML....... first world problems huh?

On the alternate timeline branch of that moment, you nailed a 106 million jackpot and were pumping your fist and yelling, "Hell yeah!"

#21858 1 year ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Easy, just make sure the servos are centered when you screw them in. (Plug into game, boot to attract mode, turn it off)

Thats solid advice. It makes dialing in the servo's simple. I used to keep putting them in and getting them out to centre them till i read this. now its easy

#21859 1 year ago

i know that feeling. my record jackpot drain is 204 milllion on november rain. Still am kicking myself on not cashing out that one. (side not still have not finished november rain after a year and a half owning this game)

#21860 1 year ago

Ouch. That's gonna sting for a while... That's one of my favorite songs to play, I bet that was a high adrenaline game!

#21861 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

On the alternate timeline branch of that moment, you nailed a 106 million jackpot and were pumping your fist and yelling, "Hell yeah!"

Quoted from cybevenom:

i know that feeling. my record jackpot drain is 204 milllion on november rain. Still am kicking myself on not cashing out that one. (side not still have not finished november rain after a year and a half owning this game)

Quoted from Vespula:

Ouch. That's gonna sting for a while... That's one of my favorite songs to play, I bet that was a high adrenaline game!

Also, last night I almost beat my grand champion score. Both games, ( the jackpot mishap, and the near GC game) occurred after installing the Pin Monk fan cooling kit and bumping up the flipper power a few notches. The flippers play nice and snappy now. More similar to some of my Bally Williams titles. I swear it's an instant improvement on my gameplay. There's my shameless plug for Pin Monk, LOL.

#21862 1 year ago

Also, last night I almost beat my grand champion score. Both games, ( the jackpot mishap, and the near GC game) occurred after installing the Pin Monk fan cooling kit and bumping up the flipper power a few notches. The flippers play nice and snappy now. More similar to some of my Bally Williams titles. I swear it's an instant improvement on my gameplay. There's my shameless plug for Pin Monk, LOL.

They really do make a huge difference on Guns.

#21863 1 year ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Lifehack: cradle two balls on the right flipper and you can slap it in.

Great tip , worked first time I tried it .

#21864 1 year ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Stuck switch somewhere? Check switch test.

It says switch number 30 left sling hi stuck open. The switch does not work when I press it together. I’ll assume I need to put in a new leaf switch but just checking to see if it could be something else

#21865 1 year ago
Quoted from Don44:

checking to see if it could be something else

I'd lift the playfield and check for a broken wire, there or at other switches on the same row or column. See page 214 in the manual. Long shot check J200 and J201 to be sure they are plugged in tight to the I/O board.

If you don't find anything, then grab a meter and check from #30 to where it goes to other switches on the same row or column to the backbox. Could be a break along the way.

If you get it figured out, here is how to adjust it :

Adjust the leaf blade switch for it below the playfield.

Turn the game off. Lift playfield up and lean back. See the leaf blade switch ? The long one with the plastic spoon is pushed by a plastic rod coming down from the pop bumper skirt. This plastic spoon should be clean, ( not worn on older games ) well centered on the rod, just resting on it, not pushing it up. The shorter lower leaf blade switch should be close enough so the slightest ball hit triggers it yet vibration doesn't set it off. A little adjusting/tweaking, and you'll be fine.

Call jjp and tell them to get LTG : ) back before Toy Story hits.

#21866 1 year ago
Quoted from LTG:

Call jjp and tell them to get LTG : ) back before Toy Story hits.

Just sent them an email telling them.

#21867 1 year ago

Thank you ! Still time before Toy Story lands and their tech support requests and need help here posts go up.

LTG : )

#21868 1 year ago
Quoted from Don44:

I have the same issue every now and then .
Clean under the inserts and the tiny black squares on the board beneath .
Could be a dodgy board , you might need a new one , so I've been told .

#21869 1 year ago

Same! A week or two ago. Fingers crossed buddy

#21870 1 year ago
Quoted from LTG:

Thank you ! Still time before Toy Story lands .

Finally! the big reveal!!
I was wondering if TS was gonna be #7.

#21871 1 year ago

Ok so an update on my PFD board situation. After opening the issue with JJP, they felt it was the main playfield controller board so they sent me a new one. I installed it yesterday, and am now getting an error as soon as I start the machine that the led pfc board isn’t connected. I attached a pic of the error. I checked all connections to the board and they’re well seated. Also ran another usb cable to the back box computer just to be sure and problem persists. I also switched the USB ports around on the main computer to make sure it isn’t a bad USB port on the main computer and that didnt change anything. Not sure why this would pop up after a new board install where it wasnt there before unless JJP sent me a bad board. Thoughts?

F737A078-231A-49C0-B3DF-78DD7CB364BC (resized).jpegF737A078-231A-49C0-B3DF-78DD7CB364BC (resized).jpeg
#21872 1 year ago
Quoted from Enchantress:

Project almost complete, dialing in still to go. Wasn’t sure about the blue, but looks completely bad ass. Hard to appreciate via pics. This game F’n rocks, my lady can’t leave it alone!!
Cheers to Robertstone0407, another quality job once again!!
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Not a lot of people have the patience to take a darn purty game apart and send things off for powder coating before even playing a ball. You’re a rare breed but that looks beautiful man!

#21873 1 year ago
Quoted from tdawgmd:

Ok so an update on my PFD board situation. After opening the issue with JJP, they felt it was the main playfield controller board so they sent me a new one. I installed it yesterday, and am now getting an error as soon as I start the machine that the led pfc board isn’t connected. I attached a pic of the error. I checked all connections to the board and they’re well seated. Also ran another usb cable to the back box computer just to be sure and problem persists. I also switched the USB ports around on the main computer to make sure it isn’t a bad USB port on the main computer and that didnt change anything. Not sure why this would pop up after a new board install where it wasnt there before unless JJP sent me a bad board. Thoughts?
[quoted image]

I was under the impression (maybe incorrectly) this error was tied into that connection of the black micro USB cable that goes from a board under the middle of the playfield up to the backbox board.
Is that the same board you're referring to? I periodically saw that error and put some electrical tape on mine to help keep it secure. I haven't seen that error in a long time since doing that.

#21874 1 year ago

Very much appreciated, thanks. I developed the GnR Tibetan Breeze brackets with Karl DeAngelo testing for me since my machine hadn't arrived yet at that point. When I finally got my GnR and was able to get hands-on, I was really surprised how bad the fade gets on GnR, and how quickly. It and Stranger Things are the two pins where Tibetan Breeze cooling is pretty much mandatory, IMO. Maaaybe Rick and Morty, too, which also has pretty bad fade on the right flippers and could be considered mandatory. Most other pins it's really a matter of play style and how long play sessions are as to whether you need a kit.

The Tibetan Breeze bracket that will finally solve the problem with JJPs having too-tight clearances around some of the flipper plates is starting what I hope is final testing this week. I've been working on multiple iterations over the last year, but I think this is "the one." If the testing pans out, there will finally be Tibetan Breeze kits available for all JJP machines, not just GnR. It's also intended to work on all CGC machines.

#21875 1 year ago
Quoted from Vespula:

I wouldn't get excited. I'm going by Pinside speculation.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#21876 1 year ago
Quoted from Vespula:

It will be a far far greater shock if it's not.

#21877 1 year ago
Quoted from Vespula:

I was under the impression (maybe incorrectly) this error was tied into that connection of the black micro USB cable that goes from a board under the middle of the playfield up to the backbox board.
Is that the same board you're referring to? I periodically saw that error and put some electrical tape on mine to help keep it secure. I haven't seen that error in a long time since doing that.

Same board

#21878 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Very much appreciated, thanks. I developed the GnR Tibetan Breeze brackets with Karl DeAngelo testing for me since my machine hadn't arrived yet at that point. When I finally got my GnR and was able to get hands-on, I was really surprised how bad the fade gets on GnR, and how quickly. It and Stranger Things are the two pins where Tibetan Breeze cooling is pretty much mandatory, IMO. Maaaybe Rick and Morty, too, which also has pretty bad fade on the right flippers and could be considered mandatory. Most other pins it's really a matter of play style and how long play sessions are as to whether you need a kit.
The Tibetan Breeze bracket that will finally solve the problem with JJPs having too-tight clearances around some of the flipper plates is starting what I hope is final testing this week. I've been working on multiple iterations over the last year, but I think this is "the one." If the testing pans out, there will finally be Tibetan Breeze kits available for all JJP machines, not just GnR. It's also intended to work on all CGC machines.

I’ve had your flipper fan kits for a while, and have just installed the magnet fan (and a new working coil) this weekend.

The improvement in game play was instantaneous - and such a change from the GNR at a local arcade that is effectively unplayable about halfway into a tournament from flipper fade

#21879 1 year ago
Quoted from tdawgmd:

[quoted image]

I got that code the other day after installing some mods. I just reseated all the connections I was near under the Playfield and in the backbox, and the code went away. Playing 100% now. Honestly, I think the phone style cables being used are making shitty connections. And it doesn't help that JJP put way too many zip ties everywhere, stressing the connection points.

#21880 1 year ago

Anyone selling GNR for TS?

#21881 1 year ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

Anyone selling GNR for TS?

Heck no! GnR is my only JJP and it would like another one so it isn’t so lonely.

#21882 1 year ago
Quoted from RA77:

It seems customer service is improving however still finding it difficult to get acknowledgement with support requests here.

Thank you for the kind words.

Keep in mind that pinside is not an official communication method for us to provide support.
The only reason we DO help here is because we all love pinball and helping others.
JJP does not require or pay us to answer posts here, we do it because we WANT to.

If you put a ticket in, you will have no issues getting a response from us.
Steve, Ken, and I try to grab tickets within minutes of them being submitted, sometimes even in the middle of the night when we aren't even on the clock.
http://store.jerseyjackpinball.com/Support-Form/

#21883 1 year ago

Guys,

Im gonna ask a stupid, and seemngly inflammatory question.

I'm debating on a gnr le. I've owned dialed in, hobbit and woz in the past. Where, non baisedly, does this stack up against them, in your opinion? Is this still a game you enjoy if you've owned it a while. I'm getting nervous by the tons of people selling and dont wan't to make a mistake.

#21884 1 year ago

I own several of the more recent classics and GnR is truly state of the art!! Prior to playing one ball I read thru this entire thread and addressed EVERYTHING that others warned about. Along with the integrated light show, I would strongly recommend Pinstadiums and Hyperlytes, the light show is spectacular. You will not regret…..

#21885 1 year ago
Quoted from Doctor6:

Guys,
I'm debating on a gnr le. I've owned dialed in, hobbit and woz in the past. Where, non baisedly, does this stack up against them, in your opinion? Is this still a game you enjoy if you've owned it a while. I'm getting nervous by the tons of people selling and dont wan't to make a mistake.

I've had it since Sept and it's still here. My place is mercenary because, since I'm a recovering pinball addict, my rule is only to keep 2 pins at a time, so one comes in, one has to go. And because of the pinmonk testing and mods, new ones come in A LOT. GnR LE has survived two cuts since I've had it. Two other pins left and it stayed. One of the departing pins was GZ Pro. It was a tough choice, but for the casual amount of non-testing, for-fun play I do, GnR won.

Due to schedules getting pushed I accidentally ended up with 4 pins at once for mods/testing currently, but I'll get it down again and GnR will still be here. JP Prem, GZ Prem, Elvira Prem are all leaving when the mods/testing are done within this month (GZ's already on the market) and GnR will still be here.

So, some people get burned by the feeling that they HAVE to molest the left ramp and patch up before they can play the songs, but I say, "nay nay." If you play it just to enjoy the game and play the songs, but don't worry too much about having the "perfect setup" before a song, you'll enjoy it just fine. This advice is coming from a recovering pinball addict who has probably owned around 100 games over the years.

And, do yourself a favor and watch Joel's streams of GnR. He's not a Karl, but he's very entertaining.

#21886 1 year ago
Quoted from PghPinballRescue:

Thank you for the kind words.
Keep in mind that pinside is not an official communication method for us to provide support.
The only reason we DO help here is because we all love pinball and helping others.
JJP does not require or pay us to answer posts here, we do it because we WANT to.
If you put a ticket in, you will have no issues getting a response from us.
Steve, Ken, and I try to grab tickets within minutes of them being submitted, sometimes even in the middle of the night when we aren't even on the clock.
http://store.jerseyjackpinball.com/Support-Form/

Still trying to get some help on my LE. Emailed you the details.
Thanks

#21887 1 year ago

PinMonk thats a great testimony and even better story! True talk. I tend to forget about patches all the time and just play. I do enjoy it more when I am not obsessing about trying to patch up. But they are there and sometimes I divert to some patch strategy to be wild and spice things up. lol. There's multiple ways to play, and that is another great part of this pin... if you just want to rock without really even strategizing or caring, those are some of the best games!! The machine giveth and it taketh away. I still love it as much as the day it finally landed in my house last November ... 11 long agonizing months of waiting.
I just smile every time someone asks "should I get GnR?" and the response to that is "have you PLAYED GnR?" cause thats what you do first.

Maybe a deal is to be had these days since TS is dropping and some might need to pare down.... But not pinmonk

#21888 1 year ago
Quoted from Vespula:

Maybe a deal is to be had these days since TS is dropping and some might need to pare down.... But not pinmonk

I'm positive jjGnR will eventually lose the head to head vote-out and leave - it's not here forever, but I don't see it happening any time soon. The fact that it survived both a pro and a premium Godzilla is pretty telling. I still really enjoy it for mindless pinball rocking out and getting the occasional giant jackpot.

#21889 1 year ago

Haven’t been able to play mine for over 3 weeks now. Only a month old. Ball trough error. They sent a new trough receiver board and had no luck

#21890 1 year ago
Quoted from daytonspink:

Ball trough error.

Please go into Tests - Switches Matrixed. Roll one ball at a time in. See if they all register. If not then make sure they are plugged into the opto driver board under the playfield, and that is plugged on tight on the I/O board in the head, J201-1 in particular.

Could be a bad ball trough opto board. Ask them for a new set, both sides.

Disclaimer : Used to be with jjp

#21891 1 year ago
Quoted from Doctor6:

Guys,

I’ve owned none of those games but I have some decent time on two of them. The more I think about it, the sillier it seems to compare them anyway. On a lot of games, I’m always worried about getting further in the story, or getting to a certain mode—that’s the jam. This one, I just take JJP’s word for it and pretend I’m running a concert, getting ready for and playing songs. After watching Karl play, I tried to get bomb scores, but I wasn’t enjoying myself. Now I just play the show and have a ton of fun doing it, and sometimes pretty good scores come as a matter of course.

There is a wizard mode that I might focus on getting to one day, but I still just like getting on and jamming most of the time. Nice to know that goal is there though. It’s just not like other games where that wizard mode is lording over you and you know you’ve got to get there to say you “beat” it.

Bottom line for me—it’s fun, it’s adrenaline, it’s got shots I really enjoy hitting. Come on over and play it if you wanna see if it’s for you—surely your routines bring you through Raleigh regularly

#21892 1 year ago

new member first post here, and yes I did try searching first

have my JJ GNR LE new in box sealed, the 30" box will be too tight to get down my 29.5 basement door frame, so will likely unbox it first against my better judgement.

Does anyone have a write up or procedure to remove the head off the body. Please consider this would be on a unit which has never been opened....well yet.

I want to weigh all options before proceeding. Thanks in advance.

#21893 1 year ago
Quoted from 3MTA3:

new member first post here, and yes I did try searching first
have my JJ GNR LE new in box sealed, the 30" box will be too tight to get down my 29.5 basement door frame, so will likely unbox it first against my better judgement.
Does anyone have a write up or procedure to remove the head off the body. Please consider this would be on a unit which has never been opened....well yet.
I want to weigh all options before proceeding. Thanks in advance.

Why not take it out of the box? Leave the head strapped to the cabinet for stability and cover it with a moving blanket to prevent dings. You should have almost an inch of clearance on the width out of the box.

#21894 1 year ago

The 29" head should just fit through your door frame. It will be tight, and you may have to remove the door. If that doesn't work, then you get the fun plan B: head removal.

I have to remove the head to get pins into my basement gameroom. Narrow stairs with a switchback, then a low hallway with a tight turn.

Head removal on the Jersey Jack is considerably more complex than modern Sterns. Sterns are a piece-of-cake. You'll have to disconnect about 20 plugs on the Jersey Jack. Fortunately, the wires and plugs are both color-coded and keyed. Take plenty of pictures, and use labels when you disconnect if you're at all uncertain.

It does come off, and went back together easily. The key is pics + labels. I don't think it's possible to plug a cable into the wrong connector, but I didn't push this theory, either. Each is keyed, so that helps.

Good luck.

IMG_1536 (resized).JPGIMG_1536 (resized).JPG

IMG_1718 (resized).JPGIMG_1718 (resized).JPG
#21895 1 year ago

Thanks VIC, thanks JCM.

I agree to try makes sense now learning the head is 29".

Plan B would make it lighter I suppose, by how much I dunno.

#21896 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

So, some people get burned by the feeling that they HAVE to molest the left ramp and patch up before they can play the songs, but I say, "nay nay."

This is the right way to enjoy it. I don’t bother with patches anymore. I just try to hit a few orbits, lock a few balls, and start a few boosters before each song starts and still get crazy scores without obsessively picking fender, duff skull etc… every game.

Slash solo can die in an F’ing fire though.

#21897 1 year ago

I have been waiting for the next jjp before deciding what game to buy next.
Guess it will be a GNR after all. Not very impressed by TS.
How close are we to 5000 LE’s? Can I wait for some reviews or is it time to make my order?

#21898 1 year ago
Quoted from Hasse:

I have been waiting for the next jjp before deciding what game to buy next.
Guess it will be a GNR after all. Not very impressed by TS.
How close are we to 5000 LE’s? Can I wait for some reviews or is it time to make my order?

You sound almost defeated into going for GNR! I agree, TS not terribly exciting looking. I’m sure it’ll be fun, I love me some Lawlor, but the theme and (from the vids I’ve seen) sounds aren’t exciting me much.

Last I heard they were around 4,000 units I think, but also that they’re off the line for now (for obvious reasons). I feel like there are enough waiting around for owners anyway. For that I have I my anecdotal data, no science there! Someone here will correct me if I’m errant. But I think you can feel safe waiting around and seeing if the spirit moves you differently.

#21899 1 year ago
Quoted from deejaypee:

You sound almost defeated into going for GNR! I agree, TS not terribly exciting looking.

Nothing some Hyperlytes can't help. I was very glad to see hot rails in TS. I just hope the programming for them is better than what's been shown so far.

#21900 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Nothing some Hyperlytes can't help. I was very glad to see hot rails in TS. I just hope the programming for them is better than what's been shown so far.

For sure! I’m betting the modes get some pretty dynamic treatment—that’s an unmissable opportunity. Cool light shows so obviously go hand in hand with music, I was wondering how well they could do with a nonmusic themed pin. I have only watched a few minutes of TS but I wasn’t feeling it with the toyed-out Randy Newman. Hurry-ups and multiballs might provide some better accompaniment.

And yes, I was studying those rails

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pin Monk

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 210.00
€ 69.00
Pinball Machine
Multiball mods

$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Machine - For Sale
Islamorada, FL
$ 60.00
Hardware
Pin Parts

$ 109.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 40.00
Playfield - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 130.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

11,999 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Dracut, MA
$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

€ 42.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 10,200.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

Machine - For Sale
St. Clair Shores, MI
$ 11,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 28,410 posts in this topic. You are on page 438 of 569.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-jjp-gnr-thread/page/438?hl=rolls-royce and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.