IMG_2676.gif
IMG_0960 (resized).jpeg
image1 (resized).jpeg
image0 (resized).jpeg
GnRAllenWrenchMod (resized).jpg
200w.gif
IMG_2222 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

78 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 28,410 posts in this topic. You are on page 435 of 569.
#21701 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinballomatic:

Brian Ken and I are there. Not sure who your ticket is with but we answer them every day.

Awesome. Thanks. My case is 11002 and my last email was sent on Tuesday this week. Doesnā€™t affect game play so itā€™s a minor issue, but sure would be great to get it working.

#21702 1 year ago
Quoted from Dobler:

Awesome. Thanks. My case is 11002 and my last email was sent on Tuesday this week. Doesnā€™t affect game play so itā€™s a minor issue, but sure would be great to get it working.

That's Brian but I see what happened the system has a glitch where cases can get locked if certain things happen, sometimes without us or the customer realizing it and that appears to have happened to your case. Brian couldn't reply on it now even if he tried so do me a favor please - he's on Pinside more than I am - PGHPinballRescue. Try shooting him a PM or something to let him know about it and he'll reply again.

#21703 1 year ago
Quoted from MusicalMystery:

Absolutely HATE the new game Forced "Cheer In" Delay!! If my machine is on and I haven't played in a while I want to be able to just walk up and PLAY (like before), not be forced to wait 2 minutes for some lights intro. This new feature is just a BAD user experience. I hate it so much I would roll back the update if I could.
JJP - Please revert this feature, it didn't used to be this way. New behavior installed when I updated from ? version to 1.25

I know this is 6 days old.
But the official answer is the turn on/off for this feature is in the menu under game settings, general, and It's called "game start big effect."

#21704 1 year ago
Quoted from Dobler:

Dobler, I can see the case, but it does show locked as Steve said.
Please put a new case in and I'll grab it as soon as I see it.

#21705 1 year ago

Just installed my Tibetan Breeze diverter and magnet fan kit. That was super easy. Thanks PinMonk - you're a cool guy.

P.s. the karma glide mounting system is so smart and works great. I can't even hear them. My flipper cooling kit needs the karma glide upgrade!

#21706 1 year ago
Quoted from Vespula:

Just installed my Tibetan Breeze diverter and magnet fan kit. That was super easy. Thanks PinMonk - you're a cool guy.
P.s. the karma glide mounting system is so smart and works great. I can't even hear them. My flipper cooling kit needs the karma glide upgrade!

Awesome. Glad you're happy with them!

I'm constantly working to improve the product performance since day one. The transition from the old Tibetan Breeze mounting systems to the karma glide system to shave more dB off has happened over the last 4-5 months and is now in all in-stock Tibetan Breeze kits. The ultimate goal is to make the fan sound basically imperceptible if you have up to 5 fans installed in the cab, and I'm much closer than I was two years ago. It's a lot of trial and error, and I'll continue to look for ways to reduce it further.

#21707 1 year ago

Happy to see everyone is loving their pin and great to see new owners posting in the thread. I havenā€™t been on the forum in a while or been able to play any pins ā€¦ life and work have gotten in the way.

I finally had some time to add my 10ā€Klipsch R-100SW sub. Itā€™s so awesome, I ordered one for my AC/DC and Metallica pins.

Mine is connected via the PinWoofer KO amp and bass boost unit. My other pins will be connected via the GT amp.

For those of you on the fence, the Pinwoofer upgrades are one of the best upgrades you can add to your pin. I have no dog in the fight, but Dan has the best customer service in the industry. Both he and PinMonk are top notch!

Enjoy your Memorial Day weekend here in the USA. Thank you to all active service members and veterans who have served our country. This weekend, please take a moment to think about those who have fought and lost their lives for our freedom. They ended up making the ultimate sacrifice, so keep them in your prayers.

Oh, and shoutout to my mate screaminr congrats on your GC score. I needed a kick in the ass to do better.

Peace everyone!

#21708 1 year ago

For the last two nights I've play past 4 a.m. and I'm running out of ideas for posing for stupid pictures . I've done the usual dopey smile face , the thumbs up , the toung out , gang signs , and the devil horns ( I used my elbow for the action button ) I even tried to moon it , but that didn't work .
Any more suggestions

#21709 1 year ago

I have a 4 pin all tan wires connector coming from apron, can anyone direct me to Its mate!! Cheers

BD50301C-78B9-4EA9-AFF8-94322EEAB4A0 (resized).jpegBD50301C-78B9-4EA9-AFF8-94322EEAB4A0 (resized).jpegFF8A3044-28DB-4F60-8707-8953149FCA8B (resized).jpegFF8A3044-28DB-4F60-8707-8953149FCA8B (resized).jpeg
#21710 1 year ago
Quoted from Enchantress:

can anyone direct me to Its mate!!

Post below is right.

#21711 1 year ago

It goes to the computer chip at back of apron!?

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
#21712 1 year ago

Figured it out!! My pin has several open end Molex connections from factory, is this normal?

#21713 1 year ago

Itā€™s probably right there and Iā€™m not seeing itā€¦
Where does the topper plug into ?
or do I need a Y-connector for the power on the left (circled in green) that is connected to the LED strip ?
Thanks

DDAA41A1-98D6-4920-8DD6-B2258D9434CC (resized).jpegDDAA41A1-98D6-4920-8DD6-B2258D9434CC (resized).jpeg
#21714 1 year ago
Quoted from Enchantress:

Figured it out!! My pin has several open end Molex connections from factory, is this normal?

Yes Sir

#21715 1 year ago

I just installed the BriteMods BriteButtons kit on my GNR LE. Looks great, except the replacement bulb that taps into the coin door bulb socket is less white than the factory bulb, resulting in a color mismatch. Anyone know which specific bulb to order to replace the other factory LED bulb to match the BriteMods bulb?

0D3CB614-45D6-443E-A6C0-A81CC0A69779 (resized).jpeg0D3CB614-45D6-443E-A6C0-A81CC0A69779 (resized).jpeg90D3AB7C-290C-4A56-B6A5-0D5EC872D107 (resized).jpeg90D3AB7C-290C-4A56-B6A5-0D5EC872D107 (resized).jpegB2A6799C-E548-49C0-A82D-25B9A8B98AD5 (resized).jpegB2A6799C-E548-49C0-A82D-25B9A8B98AD5 (resized).jpegC2C6ECAC-191D-40A0-AB10-2B61DCBB19BB (resized).jpegC2C6ECAC-191D-40A0-AB10-2B61DCBB19BB (resized).jpegCF598112-FB59-4E49-B58A-7B26D8DAE4E7 (resized).jpegCF598112-FB59-4E49-B58A-7B26D8DAE4E7 (resized).jpeg

#21716 1 year ago
Quoted from MadMaxDad:

Itā€™s probably right there and Iā€™m not seeing itā€¦
or do I need a Y-connector for the power on the left (circled in green) that is connected to the LED strip ?
Thanks
[quoted image]

This is a familiar post...
It's probably tucked way down inside the black flex loom with all the wires on the left side of the backbox. There's been a couple posts where they had to clip wire ties and really dig for that plug. It was folded up deep in the loom in both cases.

#21717 1 year ago
Quoted from MadMaxDad:

See post 20591 and some posts after for where it goes.

LTG : )

#21718 1 year ago
Quoted from fooflighter:

[quoted image]
INNER LOOP TO RIGHT OUTLANE DRAIN PREVENTION
With about 75% of the inner loop rail drains immediately to the right outlane, regardless of speed or start of the ball location; whether it's the upper playfield slow roll, or a shot that didn't quite make it around the inner loop and comes sailing back around the rail - draining (regardless of all nudging) was becomming frustrating.
I've played with the post position and while moving it closer to the rail provided some temporary relief, it would seem to settle back into a drain pattern.
This little fix seems to have done the trick without modification of the guide rail position and only takes minutes.
Required:
I used a tapered slim transluscent post rubber, you could probably use a thicker straight one (although good luck getting it on the post and it would probably be too bulky for what we're trying to accomplish), but I used the slim taper because: A. It's what I had available lying around B. Thin enough to retain the post groove to retain the shape of the indent to allow positioning of the ring back on the post in the correct position.
This is just a millimeter fix in terms of the amount the ring jutting out into the rail path but it seems to make all the difference in the world without having to bend rails or move the geometry off factory settings.
Steps:
1. Remove the screw with a small narrow driver to get in between the clear left ramp edge and the left return ramp.
2. Place a small drop (and i mean small) of dish soap on the sleeve and work it over the bare post.
3. Wash to remove any soap residue and dry thoroughly before install (a can of compressed air and a little time will do the trick here)
4. Place original ring over post and post rubber
5. Screw back into playfield using your fingers as guides and make sure the post is as closely aligned to the rail as possible and as much of the rubber jutting out into the rail path as possible while keeping the post straight as you screw it back in
6. Admire your awesome work and say goodbye to cheap ball drains for good.

[quoted image][quoted image]

Great post man.
Yeah this issue has been killing me.
Any ideas anyone who has implemented this to find the best size post sleeve?
Would this be too thick you reckon?
Silicon Tapered Post Sleeve Long 1-1/16" Stern

#21719 1 year ago
Quoted from darkryder:

I just installed the BriteMods BriteButtons kit on my GNR LE. Looks great, except the replacement bulb that taps into the coin door bulb socket is less white than the factory bulb, resulting in a color mismatch. Anyone know which specific bulb to order to replace the other factory LED bulb to match the BriteMods bulb?
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

You inspired me to finally install mine .
You must have one of the older kits , mine just had two Molex connectors for the back box .
For the bulb I would try Comet pinball and get a warm white and a sunlight .
The LED count keeps growing

IMG20220529184939 (resized).jpgIMG20220529184939 (resized).jpgIMG20220529184832 (resized).jpgIMG20220529184832 (resized).jpgIMG20220529195502 (resized).jpgIMG20220529195502 (resized).jpg
#21720 1 year ago

^^^ The brite buttons look cool.
I have them installed on a few pins.
Just wished they felt as smooth button feel as OEM buttons.

#21721 1 year ago
Quoted from Sako-TRG:

When you're as good as I am you don't notice

#21722 1 year ago
Quoted from Sako-TRG:

The spring does feel a bit firmer , haven't played a game with them yet .
What was jjp thinking putting those fugly yellow buttons on such a good looking machine .

#21723 1 year ago
Quoted from Sako-TRG:

Great post man.
Yeah this issue has been killing me.
Any ideas anyone who has implemented this to find the best size post sleeve?
Would this be too thick you reckon?
Silicon Tapered Post Sleeve Long 1-1/16" Stern

I did this right after he posted this fix.
Works fantastic as I have had no issues since.
If I remember, I used a titan clear silicon tapered stern size.
It's a bitch to get on... but worth the effort.

#21724 1 year ago
Quoted from PghPinballRescue:

Dobler, I can see the case, but it does show locked as Steve said.
Please put a new case in and I'll grab it as soon as I see it.

You guys are awesome. Thanks so much! Iā€™ll put a new case in.

#21725 1 year ago

Final version of my home made topper

IMG_3497 (1) (resized).jpegIMG_3497 (1) (resized).jpeg
Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#21726 1 year ago

Have a GnR on its way to me! Excited to be in the club. My kids love music pins and multi balls so I think this will a hit!

So far I have purchased the works from pinmonk, Cliffy, back alley, pinwoofer and the topper and side art blades. Am I missing any other mods/protection?

#21727 1 year ago

I can't find a key post on how to raise the album spinner. The search feature isn't finding anything either. The front end of the album is not flush with the playfield and the ball is noticeably hitting the pf edge (album slightly lower). Is there a way to adjust the album spinner up a bit?

#21728 1 year ago
Quoted from mostater:

I can't find a key post on how to raise the album spinner. The search feature isn't finding anything either. The front end of the album is not flush with the playfield and the ball is noticeably hitting the pf edge (album slightly lower). Is there a way to adjust the album spinner up a bit?

From post 21678.

Page 131 in the manual. Nylon jam nut. Loosen, screw record higher. retighten.

Don't forget to let jjp know to get LTG : ) back.

#21729 1 year ago
Quoted from thekaiser82:

Have a GnR on its way to me! Excited to be in the club. My kids love music pins and multi balls so I think this will a hit!
So far I have purchased the works from pinmonk, Cliffy, back alley, pinwoofer and the topper and side art blades. Am I missing any other mods/protection?

If it's an LE, highly recommend Hyperlytes and PinballModz upgrades to the topper.

#21730 1 year ago
Quoted from lemmings418:

If it's an LE, highly recommend Hyperlytes and PinballModz upgrades to the topper.

It is! I will check those out!

#21731 1 year ago
Quoted from thekaiser82:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mods-for-gnr-le

#21732 1 year ago

Pinballomatic now that GnR left the line, what was the final count ?

#21733 1 year ago
Quoted from Vespula:

Pinballomatic now that GnR left the line, what was the final count ?

It's almost certainly not done forever, it's just stopping for now.

#21734 1 year ago

Is their a printed manual for GNR or did JJP quite doing them?

#21735 1 year ago

I didnā€™t get a printed manual with my new LE a few weeks ago. Just the PDF built into the service menu and available online.

#21737 1 year ago
Quoted from DiabloRush:

I didnā€™t get a printed manual with my new LE a few weeks ago. Just the PDF built into the service menu and available online.

GnR's manual isn't even finished, so printed is out of the question even if it hadn't been cut for cost savings.

#21738 1 year ago

The manual wasnā€™t cut for cost savings, it wasnā€™t done by the same person as manuals 1-5. Proof of this will be evident when you see the manual for game 7 on our website.

#21739 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinballomatic:

The manual wasnā€™t cut for cost savings, it wasnā€™t done by the same person as manuals 1-5. Proof of this will be evident when you see the manual for game 7 on our website.

So maybe Butch worked with someone on the prior manuals that's still there carrying on as best they can? Because before Butch was unceremoniously canned by JJP, your manuals were objectively the BEST in all of pinball by a country mile. Post Butch, the GnR manual is unfinished still, 18 months later, and a significant step down in quality from the jjPotC one in parts detail. As a result the GnR manual as it stands is ~40% smaller than the jjPotC manual (222 pages vs jjPotC's 359). The omitted content is missed as a reference for end users.

For example, this is the entirety of the above playfield assemblies drawing section for the GnR manual:
GnR above playfield assemblies (resized).jpgGnR above playfield assemblies (resized).jpg

And here's just the first two detailed pages from that section in the jjPotC manual (there's a very detailed one for below, too):
jjpotc-above-pf-assemblies (resized).jpgjjpotc-above-pf-assemblies (resized).jpg

#21740 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

So maybe Butch worked with someone on the prior manuals that's still there carrying on as best they can? Because before Butch was unceremoniously canned by JJP, your manuals were objectively the BEST in all of pinball by a country mile. Post Butch, the GnR manual is unfinished still, 18 months later, and a significant step down in quality from the jjPotC one in parts detail. As a result the GnR manual as it stands is ~40% smaller than the jjPotC manual (222 pages vs jjPotC's 359). The omitted content is missed as a reference for end users.
For example, this is the entirety of the above playfield assemblies drawing section for the GnR manual:
[quoted image]
And here's just the first two detailed pages from that section in the jjPotC manual (there's a very detailed one for below, too):
[quoted image]

Agree 100%. For the longest time the GNR manual didn't even list the rubbers.

BTW I find the Wonka manual to be just as good as POTC.

#21741 1 year ago

Can't believe they would chime in and say it isn't cost cutting. This game has gone from 9500.00 to 11000.00 they no longer make the nice manual, but not done to cut costs. I guess it is just word play done to maximize profit.

#21742 1 year ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Agree 100%. For the longest time the GNR manual didn't even list the rubbers.
BTW I find the Wonka manual to be just as good as POTC.

Wonka is almost 300 pages and has sections and detail still missing from GnR's manual. Was that the last manual Butch did, or worked on? It's looks very butch-ish.

#21743 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Wonka is almost 300 pages and has sections and detail still missing from GnR's manual. Was that the last manual Butch did, or worked on? It's looks very butch-ish.

I don't know for sure but I expect so, he was still with the company when the game shipped.

#21744 1 year ago
Quoted from bankmansam:

Can't believe they would chime in and say it isn't cost cutting. This game has gone from 9500.00 to 11000.00 they no longer make the nice manual, but not done to cut costs. I guess it is just word play done to maximize profit.

Creating the manual layout and content is the expensive part, but big picture it's not *that* expensive relative to the whole machine budget, and the reference for users is invaluable. And you could do a VERY NICE hardbound manual with 3 rings inside (like you'd find at an auto parts counter to allow for changes later) for less than $10 in the multi-thousands quantity JJP would need. I've done high volume deluxe books, both perfect bound and hardbound, so I have an idea about that.

(Plus, with the common assembly components that already have the exploded views and part number details, it's not like each manual would need to be made from scratch. I'd guess maybe 20%-25% new content would need to be specific to each game and you'd still have a nice thick, complete reference manual.)

#21745 1 year ago

Hell, I'd pay for a high quality paper manual. Having to look pinball manuals up online SUCKS! End of story. Hear me JJP? Take my money, give me a nice paper manual. Please.

#21746 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Was that the last manual Butch did, or worked on? It's looks very butch-ish.

I believe willy Wonka was Butch's last manual. Barry Engler did GNR.

#21747 1 year ago
Quoted from CoolCatPinball:

Hell, I'd pay for a high quality paper manual. Having to look pinball manuals up online SUCKS! End of story. Hear me JJP? Take my money, give me a nice paper manual. Please.

Interesting. I've never cracked open my POTC manual. I use the PDFs exclusively.

#21748 1 year ago
Quoted from LTG:

I believe willy Wonka was Butch's last manual. Barry Engler did GNR.

But isn't Barry already gone and back at AP? He wasn't at JJP very long.

#21749 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

But isn't Barry already gone and back at AP? He wasn't at JJP very long.

He is back with AP. He was with jjp for awhile. Not sure of the time frame. About a year according to an article on Pinball News.

#21750 1 year ago
Quoted from CoolCatPinball:

I'm with you. It's revenue waiting to be had....finishing the manual and nicely bound in GnR style. Then sell it for 200 bucks like the topper. CE version is 500.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pin Monk

8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Ardmore, PA
$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
The MOD Couple

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 210.00
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

ā‚¬ 42.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

Machine - For Sale
Boston, MA
$ 11,000.00
7,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Moreno Valley, CA
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 19.95
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 649.95
Lighting - Interactive
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 109.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Machine - For Sale
Warren, OH
$ 11,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 10,200.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 130.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Side Gig Studios

There are 28,410 posts in this topic. You are on page 435 of 569.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-jjp-gnr-thread/page/435?hl=pinwoofer and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.