IMG_20240413_155856 (resized).jpg
IMG_1426 (resized).jpeg (© Nutty 5.0)
IMG_2636.gif
IMG_2002 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2003 (resized).jpeg
1C8AE00A-E658-441F-8C85-35F46CC105C1 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3148 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

78 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 28,336 posts in this topic. You are on page 434 of 567.
#21651 1 year ago

Soooo....

My power supply, the extra one inside the cabinet, has quit.

Had my pinstadiums plugged in and they quit working. Plugged them into the wall and they work perfectly.

I checked the fuse and it's good. Anyone have experience with this and where I should start and what to look for?

#21652 1 year ago
Quoted from Vespula:

It is. Very cool. Goes perfectly with the graphics on the cabinet. The controller add on is worth the extra 10 bucks.
One of the first mods I installed along with the lighted red flipper buttons.
https://superskillshot.com/products/gus-n-roses-start-button
Flipper buttons
https://www.pinballlife.com/britebuttons-illuminated-flipper-button-set-for-stern-white-star-sam-system-machines.html

Just an FYI, if you do the flipper buttons and have the Tibetan Breeze cooling kit, you need a splitter for the CN11 connector.

#21653 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Just an FYI, if you do the flipper buttons and have the Tibetan Breeze cooling kit, you need a splitter for the CN11 connector.

Hmm you got me curious and I'm sure you're right but that was many mods ago... I don't recall any missing parts so maybe it could have come with the buttons?

#21654 1 year ago
Quoted from Vespula:

Hmm you got me curious and I'm sure you're right but that was many mods ago... I don't recall any missing parts so maybe it could have come with the buttons?

Dunno if it used to come with them, but it definitely doesn't come with them now. The need for a splitter for lit britebuttons is the reason I started offering a splitter.

#21655 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Dunno if it used to come with them, but it definitely doesn't come with them now. The need for a splitter for lit britebuttons is the reason I started offering a splitter.

I must have gotten it with your kit. Scratching my head.

#21656 1 year ago
Quoted from Vespula:

It is. Very cool. Goes perfectly with the graphics on the cabinet. The controller add on is worth the extra 10 bucks.
One of the first mods I installed along with the lighted red flipper buttons.
https://superskillshot.com/products/gus-n-roses-start-button
Flipper buttons
https://www.pinballlife.com/britebuttons-illuminated-flipper-button-set-for-stern-white-star-sam-system-machines.html

Good thinking, with the brite buttons in red will look fab with the eye

#21657 1 year ago
Quoted from Vespula:

Also I'm not sure exactly how it works but if you're not in a song and you're locking balls it will release them sometimes and up on the big screen you'll see it say what ball that is.. ie. fourth ball locked or fifth ball locked ..even though there's not five balls in the guitar lock It's a virtual lock. Somebody can explain why this happens but my initial guess is it's because you need balls in the trough to feed for the multi-balls? I'm fuzzy on this logic

If you are in one of the pre-song multiballs pyro lights etc and you lock a ball it immediately releases it but virtually locks it.

#21658 1 year ago

Still loving this game. So many modes, and each has its on distinct and unique feel. Just a stunning accomplishment; my thanks to everyone at JJ that pulled this off.

Anyway, about the only issue I have now is pretty significant audio distortion when using the wired headphones. This game is SO good, it really begs to have it turned up to enjoy all the great audio. Doe anyone else get pretty severe audio distoration (especially in bass) in wired headphones, even at moderate volume levels? Any fixes for this? I'd pay to get a decent headphones amp into this machine (assuming my machine doesn't have a problem).

#21659 1 year ago

I think I tracked down the issue with Headphone distortion. My first clue was switching to Bluetooth headphones, which removes the amp stage from the equation. There was still very noticeable heavy clipping, especially of the bass FX sound (most especially, the Jet hits).

IMHO, the stock settings for various sounds are too high. I lowered the stock 75 settings to the 50-55 range, then bumped the music setting to around 70. This dramatically lowered the clipping, and the headphones sound 80% better. I'll experiment a bit more with even more lowering. This has a huge impact on the overall sound quality, honestly. No idea how the sounds combine in the DACs (root quadrature, maybe?), but with everything set at 75, it was clearly too much for the audio CODECs.

#21660 1 year ago
Quoted from DiabloRush:

I think I tracked down the issue with Headphone distoration. My first clue was switching to Bluetooth headphones, which removes the amp stage from the equation. There was still very noticeable heavy clipping, especially of the bass FX sound (most especially, the Jet hits).
IMHO, the stock settings for various sounds are too high. I lowered the stock 75 settings to the 50-55 range, then bumped the music setting to around 70. This dramatically lowered the clipping, and the headphones sound 80% better. I'll experiment a bit more with even more lowering. This has a huge impact on the overall sound quality, honestly. No idea how the sounds combine in the ADCs (root quadrature, maybe?), but with everything set at 75, it was clearly too much for the audio CODECs.

Thanks for posting about this. I know I’ve fiddled with levels and mixes and I’ve had a few “almost there” moments but then I fiddle more and lose my track. Being methodical helps. After I installed a pinwoofer I stopped fiddling and did too much knob turning. I’m not in a bad place but I can do better and you’ve inspired me!

#21661 1 year ago

IF indeed the audio converters combine the sound streams as RMS values, then a setting of 75 on everything (all 4 levels) combine to a total level of 150. I'm thinking you want the RMS totals for all 4 channels to never exceed 100 to prevent clipping. And maybe I'm full of crap and know nothing about this. Whatever, the ear-test shows lowering the level across the board improves things pretty dramatically IMHO.

#21662 1 year ago

Does this discussion just apply to just headphone? Or are we talking about adjusting game sound levels to improve the external speaker system as well? It sounds like we're talking about both but just want to clarify.

Because I am still fiddling with pw dials for sound a lot and never quite there.... I find the best spot And leave it because it's very easy to get the different sound components of the game out of balance and the settings on the pin I left set to default green settings. I'm always wanting more adjustments but never think to play with the pin levels that much.

Looking forward to seeing if you can dial in best pinball settings to get an overall balance of sound so that I can adjust the volume up and down linear experience.

Between background music, call outs, song volume and other mixed in sounds, It's a real challenge for me to be 100% content with all those individual levels during the game at different master volume levels.

I can get mine to sound pretty good at 18 but dropping it to 15 or 16 or taking it up to 20 isn't a linear experience. Of course a pinwoofer will add to the variables.

I can live with the way it is I just wish it was better and fiddling usually just messes things up So I compromise when I get it pretty close.

#21663 1 year ago

If I desire to avoid marital councelling, I have to pretty much use headphones 100% of the time. I can't comment on whether these adjustments impact the cabinet speakers. It's a fairly easy test to lower all the sound levels to 50. When I did this on the headphones, the low-frequency clipping was greatly reduced. This suggests that further tuning of these levels is probably worthwhile. YMMV.

#21664 1 year ago
Quoted from DiabloRush:

If I desire to avoid marital councelling, I have to pretty much use headphones 100% of the time. I can't comment on whether these adjustments impact the cabinet speakers. It's a fairly easy test to lower all the sound levels to 50. When I did this on the headphones, the low-frequency clipping was greatly reduced. This suggests that further tuning of these levels is probably worthwhile. YMMV.

LOL. I get it. Buy her a Spa/massage day appt and rock out. Win-Win.

#21665 1 year ago

My headphone adapter has been shit since day 1; I can’t get any volume out of it and anything that comes out is distorted. My dealer says that’s JJP staple with their headsets and hear others have the same problem so I never pursued it and just have my household listen to me play the game with the external sub lol.

But, this makes me wonder if I should have pursued a tech case with JJP? I’m probably out of warranty now (1 1/2 years owner) but any thoughts on this or if there’s a fix I’ll give it a shot.

Thanks in advance.

#21666 1 year ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

My headphone adapter has been shit since day 1; I can’t get any volume out of it and anything that comes out is distorted. My dealer says that’s JJP staple with their headsets and hear others have the same problem so I never pursued it and just have my household listen to me play the game with the external sub lol.
But, this makes me wonder if I should have pursued a tech case with JJP? I’m probably out of warranty now (1 1/2 years owner) but any thoughts on this or if there’s a fix I’ll give it a shot.
Thanks in advance.

It might be simply plugged in wrong at the volume control. I think I've seen a few people mention that.

#21667 1 year ago
Quoted from zaphX:

It might be simply plugged in wrong at the volume control. I think I've seen a few people mention that.

You know, I think someone mentioned that months (years?) ago in this trend and I was going to check mine for that. My problem is my tech skills range from good to lazy haha; Thanks for the reminder! I’ll take a look next time I get the chance

#21668 1 year ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

You know, I think someone mentioned that months (years?) ago in this trend and I was going to check mine for that. My problem is my tech skills range from good to lazy haha; Thanks for the reminder! I’ll take a look next time I get the chance

Screen Shot 2022-05-24 at 7.06.06 PM.pngScreen Shot 2022-05-24 at 7.06.06 PM.png
#21669 1 year ago
Quoted from Ecw0930:

Soooo....
My power supply, the extra one inside the cabinet, has quit.
Had my pinstadiums plugged in and they quit working. Plugged them into the wall and they work perfectly.
I checked the fuse and it's good. Anyone have experience with this and where I should start and what to look for?

Bump.

#21670 1 year ago

Sounds something went wrong.

If the PC supply in the head died, you replace that with something off the shelf.

Not sure what the supply in the cabinet is.

#21671 1 year ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Sounds something went wrong.
If the PC supply in the head died, you replace that with something off the shelf.
Not sure what the supply in the cabinet is.

I think maybe he's talking about the service outlet down near the cashbox? Not sure what could have gone wrong there, probably needs to open up that box (WITH THE GAME UNPLUGGED!!!) and see what the problem is.

#21672 1 year ago
Quoted from frobozz:

I think maybe he's talking about the service outlet down near the cashbox? Not sure what could have gone wrong there, probably needs to open up that box (WITH THE GAME UNPLUGGED!!!) and see what the problem is.

Agree.
Pinstadiums have two power supplies driving the LED strips that need to plug in somewhere and the service port is the logical best spot.
Mine work fine there (along with the Hyperlytes so I actually have three power supplies), and unless the SE has a different service port part than the LE, then there are many driving pinstadiums on LE/CE in the service port with no issues.

#21673 1 year ago

I’ve owned over 50 pins. This is a first for me. Was returning the glass to my GnR, using the same procedure I’ve done thousands of times. Slid the glass about 5” in and *BAM*, it explodes. What a mess. Glass literally in every corner of the room. A shame, this pin is less than a week old.
DF1F4418-2365-4522-9599-18A3C1271382 (resized).jpegDF1F4418-2365-4522-9599-18A3C1271382 (resized).jpeg

#21674 1 year ago

Tempered glass is funny stuff. It can suffer all kinds of abuse normally but then one day you look at it wrong and blammo! The snap-crackle-pop of all the little cubes for several minutes while you stand there in disbelief is the real icing on the cake.

Years ago I was trying to do high speed (6200 fps) 16mm filming of tempered glass breaking. Had everything all set up, got the camera up to speed, dropped the playfield glass edge first a couple of feet down onto a cinderblock and... it bounced up, then rattled down flat onto the ground, resonating a few times but never breaking. It's not like you can rewind film and use it again, that very expensive roll was a complete loss. (For the next take I *slammed* it down onto the cinderblock, successfully. Then I did another one where I filmed the center of the glass while I hit the bottom corner with a sledgehammer. I wasn't taking any more chances!)

#21675 1 year ago
Quoted from DiabloRush:

I’ve owned over 50 pins. This is a first for me. Was returning the glass to my GnR, using the same procedure I’ve done thousands of times. Slid the glass about 5” in and *BAM*, it explodes. What a mess. Glass literally in every corner of the room. A shame, this pin is less than a week old.
[quoted image]

Wow. That just sucks.

#21676 1 year ago
Quoted from DiabloRush:

*BAM*, it explodes.[quoted image]

Breaking Invisiglass sucks about 5 times more than breaking regular glass !

#21677 1 year ago

Is there a way to raise the record? Some balls get stuck there, I see one key post about a loose screw under the decal, not sure if that is what I have or not. just seems too low

#21678 1 year ago
Quoted from 2manyhobbies:

Is there a way to raise the record?

Page 131 in the manual. Nylon jam nut. Loosen, screw record higher. retighten.

#21679 1 year ago
Quoted from LTG:

Thank you LTG!

#21680 1 year ago
Quoted from LTG:

LTG ive missed something, you’re back on the jjp threads?

#21681 1 year ago
Quoted from DiabloRush:

[quoted image]

It only takes one time for your respect level for tempered glass to increase dramatically. For me it's when I was lifting a sheet that had been resting on our cement garage floor and when I was just about to orient it to slide it into the machine it magically disappeared. One minute I was holding a sheet of glass, the next I wasn't. Apparently the heat from my hands was enough of a differential from the temp of the glass that it caused it to explode. Crazy stuff. I now rest them on pool noodles with a slit in them when I'm working on a pin. No more problems.

#21682 1 year ago
Quoted from PinballGalore:

you’re back on the jjp threads?

No.

just helped a couple so they wouldn't have to wait for official help.

#21683 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

I now rest them on pool noodles with a slit in them when I'm working on a pin. No more problems.

Brilliant idea! I'm just now remodelling my game room, and I'm going to put pretty plush carpet down (wood floors now). Hopefully, this serves the same function.

#21684 1 year ago
Quoted from DiabloRush:

Brilliant idea! I'm just now remodelling my game room, and I'm going to put pretty plush carpet down (wood floors now). Hopefully, this serves the same function.

Best part is the pool noodles are dirt cheap, and you can cut the widths to get 2 or 3 "bottom caps" out of each noodle.

#21685 1 year ago
Quoted from Vespula:

Agree.
Pinstadiums have two power supplies driving the LED strips that need to plug in somewhere and the service port is the logical best spot.
Mine work fine there (along with the Hyperlytes so I actually have three power supplies), and unless the SE has a different service port part than the LE, then there are many driving pinstadiums on LE/CE in the service port with no issues.

Yep that's where mine were plugged into.

Service port send to have stopped working. Plugged into the wall they work great.

Was just wondering if anyone has experience with the service port going bad.

#21686 1 year ago

Hey all, first pin here. My ball keeps getting stuck here. It feels like it is supposed to get stuck here (for locks maybe?) but the game stops and doesn’t shoot out another ball. To continue I have to remove the glass and manually take the ball out to continue. Anyone else run into this issue?

D48E0144-2713-48D1-A130-10B759EF6FF9 (resized).jpegD48E0144-2713-48D1-A130-10B759EF6FF9 (resized).jpeg
#21687 1 year ago
Quoted from bdp5:

Hey all, first pin here. My ball keeps getting stuck here. It feels like it is supposed to get stuck here (for locks maybe?) but the game stops and doesn’t shoot out another ball. To continue I have to remove the glass and manually take the ball out to continue. Anyone else run into this issue?[quoted image]

First check your playfield pitch. Look at the bubble level by the shooter lane. You want at least 6.5 degrees.

Then if the pitch is ok, try loosening the star so it turns a little easier. The ball's not supposed to stop there.

#21688 1 year ago
Quoted from bdp5:

Hey all, first pin here. My ball keeps getting stuck here. It feels like it is supposed to get stuck here (for locks maybe?) but the game stops and doesn’t shoot out another ball. To continue I have to remove the glass and manually take the ball out to continue. Anyone else run into this issue?[quoted image]

Loosen the screw holding that turnstile just a little.

#21689 1 year ago
Quoted from Ecw0930:

Was just wondering if anyone has experience with the service port going bad.

Unplug game. Open up the cover over the on/off switch. Look around inside. Anything come unplugged ?

#21690 1 year ago
Quoted from PinballGalore:

you’re back on the jjp threads?

If I pop up. Contact jjp and tell them to get me back.

LTG : )

#21691 1 year ago
Quoted from DiabloRush:

[quoted image]

Oh no. I’ve heard this happen with someone in UK also and swears he didn’t nothing untoward.

Sweep all the bits of glass up.
Mail back to JJP, they will reconstruct / fix.
Make sure no bits are missing.

#21692 1 year ago

Loving this game more and more after 8 months just so awesome! and no playfield issues at all!

I have noticed on the Duff/Fender return wire form I hardly ever ( only seen once ) get the ball to ride the 3rd (far right wire form) which feeds the GNR in lane.

Does everyone else have this occur ? have checked the star diverters and all spin freely.

Would obviously make Patch collecting easier if it dropped this way more and more incentive to access the up kicker on the upper PF

#21693 1 year ago
Quoted from DKong:

I have noticed on the Duff/Fender return wire form I hardly ever ( only seen once ) get the ball to ride the 3rd (far right wire form) which feeds the GNR in lane. Would obviously make Patch collecting easier if it dropped this way more and more incentive to access the up kicker on the upper PF

Even easier and faster patch collecting is just draining on the upper playfield while the GnR inlane is selected.

#21694 1 year ago
Quoted from DKong:

I have noticed on the Duff/Fender return wire form I hardly ever ( only seen once ) get the ball to ride the 3rd (far right wire form) which feeds the GNR in lane.
Does everyone else have this occur ? have checked the star diverters and all spin freely.
Would obviously make Patch collecting easier if it dropped this way more and more incentive to access the up kicker on the upper PF

The deverter should alternate like on the guitar lock , so you don't get all the balls on one side .
Played a couple of games just to make sure .
Mine went left right left right , then down the centre and repeated the process . Giving me a pretty even amount of both inlanes .
The order would be different depending on the starting point of your diverters .
Are all the big points of your diverters pointing up .

IMG20220526224615 (resized).jpgIMG20220526224615 (resized).jpg
#21695 1 year ago
Quoted from DKong:

Loving this game more and more after 8 months just so awesome! and no playfield issues at all!

Yes, I have noticed this as well. I have been aware of it for a while and I have tried to pay attention, but not once have I seen it ride that far right lane. I plan on taking the glass off this weekend to mess around with it and do some experimenting. Hopefully it is working fine and just escaping my attention or it is an easy fix.

#21696 1 year ago
Quoted from mostater:

Yes, I have noticed this as well. I have been aware of it for a while and I have tried to pay attention, but not once have I seen it ride that far right lane. I plan on taking the glass off this weekend to mess around with it and do some experimenting. Hopefully it is working fine and just escaping my attention or it is an easy fix.

As long as the deverter Moves freely and is pointing the right way and hits this post / bolt , I don't see how it can stuff up .

IMG_20220526_233149 (resized).jpgIMG_20220526_233149 (resized).jpg
#21697 1 year ago
Quoted from DKong:

Coolest wireform ever !

Maybe check your left right pitch ?
Adjusting game pitch front back may help as well.

I wish Karl would share how he sets up his games.
They play so well.
gr ptch (resized).jpggr ptch (resized).jpg

#21698 1 year ago

I was feeling so much better about JJP Support after the horror stories from last year. I have an issue with one of my spot lights from when I first got it. Opened a case with support and got a really quick initial response which was awesome. I helped a friend diagnose an issue with his spotlight and they replaced parts right away so things seemed good. I took some time in getting back because I wanted to do a thorough job of troubleshooting myself first (I see lots of first time pinball owners asking simple questions and I’m sure that has driven up support calls so I didn’t want to add to that). Anyway I’ve sent several replies now since the beginning of the month and no response.

#21699 1 year ago
Quoted from Dobler:

I was feeling so much better about JJP Support after the horror stories from last year. I have an issue with one of my spot lights from when I first got it. Opened a case with support and got a really quick initial response which was awesome. I helped a friend diagnose an issue with his spotlight and they replaced parts right away so things seemed good. I took some time in getting back because I wanted to do a thorough job of troubleshooting myself first (I see lots of first time pinball owners asking simple questions and I’m sure that has driven up support calls so I didn’t want to add to that). Anyway I’ve sent several replies now since the beginning of the month and no response.

Brian Ken and I are there. Not sure who your ticket is with but we answer them every day.

#21700 1 year ago

3 minutes and 8 seconds response time. Not too shabby, Pinballomatic

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
St. Clair Shores, MI
$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 11,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pin Monk

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Machine - For Sale
Springfield, MO
$ 24.75
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 130.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Machine - For Sale
Fredericksburg, VA
$ 11,000.00
€ 42.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 10,200.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 210.00
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 109.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

8,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mohawk, NY
$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 19.95
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

There are 28,336 posts in this topic. You are on page 434 of 567.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-jjp-gnr-thread/page/434?hl=pinballomatic and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.