IMG_20240413_155854 (resized).jpg
IMG_20240413_155858 (resized).jpg
IMG_20240413_155856 (resized).jpg
IMG_1426 (resized).jpeg (© Nutty 5.0)
IMG_2636.gif
IMG_2002 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2003 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

78 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 28,339 posts in this topic. You are on page 433 of 567.
#21601 1 year ago

I got nearly 900 games on it and I still have to do it every timeā€¦Iā€™ll have to shorten my nameā€¦ha

#21602 1 year ago
Quoted from Freddykaboodle:

I got nearly 900 games on it and I still have to do it every timeā€¦Iā€™ll have to shorten my nameā€¦ha

Also turn off daily high scores, unless you're into that sort of thing.

#21603 1 year ago

Hey guys, without trolling through 21598 posts. Can anyone tell me how you stop having to enter your name after every bloody game? Regards in advance.

Turn off daily high scores. You'll fill up the main high score table quickly and it will be less frequent.

#21604 1 year ago

Hey guys, without trolling through 21598 posts. Can anyone tell me how you stop having to enter your name after every bloody game? Regards in advance.

I only enter them if I get on the scoreboard for the GC, top 8, or achieve awards like top song points, multi-ball high score, power chord, etc.

In other words, if I just make a high score of the DAY and no awards (which I do a lot now that my top 8 and awards are pretty high for me to beat regularly) then....

Here's the "secret" combo I hit after each game like a ninja, in order to jump into the next game without entering my name/initials:

Left flipper
Action button
Start (optional)

#21605 1 year ago

Scorbit

#21606 1 year ago

Then there is this too. But for me it won't enter initials, just name, which I don't like and the extra effort to sign in and claim, plus the added achievements and sounds were annoying.

Probably like some people feel about some of my mods, is how I feel about scorbit.

#21607 1 year ago

I wonder how long this will last ?

IMG_20220521_000935 (resized).jpgIMG_20220521_000935 (resized).jpg
#21608 1 year ago
Quoted from screaminr:

I wonder how long this will last ?
[quoted image]

About 10 more seconds....lol

#21609 1 year ago
Quoted from CoolCatPinball:

I had my heart in my mouth as I twisted it to the back of the sling

#21610 1 year ago

+1
easy fix

If that was the stock one that would be amazing. Mine both snapped within first 50 plays.

#21611 1 year ago
Quoted from Vespula:

+1
easy fix
If that was the stock one that would be amazing. Mine both snapped within first 50 plays.

It is the stock one and it almost broke in the first few days , I'm running out of room to move it .

#21612 1 year ago

Finally !!!
I was doing what I normally do and started Paradise City with a song level of 192 and I got 53 million .
I don't know what I did differently but I knew eventually it would all come together .
This game is awesome .

#21613 1 year ago
Quoted from screaminr:

It is the stock one and it almost broke in the first few days , I'm running out of room to move it .

The pinball machine, new, came with spares of that one. They must know ...

#21614 1 year ago
Quoted from screaminr:

Finally !!!
I was doing what I normally do and started Paradise City with a song level of 192 and I got 53 million .
I don't know what I did differently but I knew eventually it would all come together .
This game is awesome .

Nice. I think I got my GC with that song too But your score is double mine. Looks like the key is song level. Mine was not near that high... And of course I haven't beat my GC since. I guess I should try harder. Lol. But I'm just having too much fun playing. I agree this game is awesome!

#21615 1 year ago
Quoted from Vespula:

The pinball machine, new, came with spares of that one. They must know ...

Mighty nice of us, eh?

#21616 1 year ago
Quoted from PghPinballRescue:

Mighty nice of us, eh?

I definitely appreciated it when mine snapped after 50 plays. Got me playing again and knowing I had 50 plays to bank on it was enough time to get titans on the way...

Put those titans on when they arrived and 1000+ plays later they still are fine.

#21617 1 year ago
Quoted from Vespula:

Put those titans on when they arrived and 1000+ plays later they still are fine.

This I love to see! Someone that plays their game.

#21618 1 year ago

Absolutely HATE the new game Forced "Cheer In" Delay!! If my machine is on and I haven't played in a while I want to be able to just walk up and PLAY (like before), not be forced to wait 2 minutes for some lights intro. This new feature is just a BAD user experience. I hate it so much I would roll back the update if I could.

JJP - Please revert this feature, it didn't used to be this way. New behavior installed when I updated from ? version to 1.25

#21619 1 year ago
Quoted from MusicalMystery:

Absolutely HATE the new game Forced "Cheer In" Delay!! If my machine is on and I haven't played in a while I want to be able to just walk up and PLAY (like before), not be forced to wait 2 minutes for some lights intro. This new feature is just a BAD user experience. I hate it so much I would roll back the update if I could.
JJP - Please revert this feature, it didn't used to be this way. New behavior installed when I updated from ? version to 1.25

Pretty sure you can turn the intro off in the settings. Donā€™t think Iā€™ve ever heard anyone complain about this feature but to each their own I suppose. Still, if you feel that strongly about it just turn it off.

#21620 1 year ago

Tried searching so sorry if this is covered ground, but My LE has always been slightly buggy with glitches in cut scenes, music during songs etc, but after the update to 1.25 it's basically unplayable. The sensors for the plunge skill shot will usually work for the first plunge of the game, but then stop working for the rest of the game and any other games played after that. It loses track of where the balls are locked. Meaning if you hit it in the guitar lock (especially during multiballs), it won't know they are there. When you drain the active ball, it will do it's cycle looking for the balls but won't release them from the right side of the guitar lock. It frequently feeds 2 balls into the plunge trough. This is just some of the things I can remember off the top of my head.

I have done full install of 1.25 twice and it doesn't fix the problems. There are no error reports in any of the test menus. I'm really kinda sick of it and just hope you guys have suggestions or hopefully a remedy. If I could get an iso of an earlier version of the game code I would love to try that. Emailing jersey jack today in hopes they can help as well. Thanks in advance.

#21621 1 year ago

Couldn't disagree more , I love it , it should happen on the start of every game .
BUT you should have the options in the settings to have it , on , off , or start after a while if not being used .

#21622 1 year ago

It lasted a bit longer than that but not much , this is how it was this morning .
Put on a new set of Titans and ready to go .
While I had the glass off , I tried a skull shooter Rod I got , what a piece of crap , it's top heavy and goes upside down and wasn't even smooth , so back to the original .

IMG20220521175556 (resized).jpgIMG20220521175556 (resized).jpgIMG_20220522_003549 (resized).jpgIMG_20220522_003549 (resized).jpg
#21623 1 year ago

simple solution for you is to just turn it off in the settings. I for one love it.

#21624 1 year ago
Quoted from Vespula:

I only enter them if I get on the scoreboard for the GC, top 8, or achieve awards like top song points, multi-ball high score, power chord, etc.
In other words, if I just make a high score of the DAY and no awards (which I do a lot now that my top 8 and awards are pretty high for me to beat regularly) then....
Here's the "secret" combo I hit after each game like a ninja, in order to jump into the next game without entering my name/initials:
Left flipper
Action button
Start (optional)

I have the daily high scores on bc the kids love putting their names in and it uses the camera. If I only had it for actual high scores both would be seldom used.

It's fun for other ppl and if you don't want to, it takes an extra 5 seconds to do the "secret code".

#21625 1 year ago

Yeah you are in the very small minority that doesn't like it. It takes like 10 seconds of your life.... Maybe 20. And it only happens on the first game or a game after a long break.

And you can always turn it off.

My friends love it and are disappointed when they miss it.

The game is damn near perfect. I wish it had that one shot. Ya know, that super satisfying, long ramp into a wireform type shot. I know the scoop is great when you hit that jackpot!

I recently got a star wars premium and that death star shot is one of the hardest most satisfying shots in pinball.

Other than that, g'n'r has it all.

#21626 1 year ago
Quoted from Ecw0930:

I wish it had that one shot. Ya know, that super satisfying, long ramp into a wireform type shot. I know the scoop is great when you hit that jackpot!
I recently got a star wars premium and that death star shot is one of the hardest most satisfying shots in pinball.
Other than that, g'n'r has it all.

That's why you need the LE .
Back handing left Flipper straight to the ball lock , or the upper upper level is awesome .

#21627 1 year ago

Exaggerate much? Itā€™s like 5 seconds before it launches ball to shooter lane. And you can see the skill shot on the display so you can plunge while the light show is still going.

Youā€™re in the minority, but as others have mentioned, check your settings you might be able to turn it off. Look for disabling the fun feature while youā€™re at it

#21628 1 year ago
Quoted from tdawgmd:

Tried searching so sorry if this is covered ground, but My LE has always been slightly buggy with glitches in cut scenes, music during songs etc, but after the update to 1.25 it's basically unplayable. The sensors for the plunge skill shot will usually work for the first plunge of the game, but then stop working for the rest of the game and any other games played after that. It loses track of where the balls are locked. Meaning if you hit it in the guitar lock (especially during multiballs), it won't know they are there. When you drain the active ball, it will do it's cycle looking for the balls but won't release them from the right side of the guitar lock. It frequently feeds 2 balls into the plunge trough. This is just some of the things I can remember off the top of my head.
I have done full install of 1.25 twice and it doesn't fix the problems. There are no error reports in any of the test menus. I'm really kinda sick of it and just hope you guys have suggestions or hopefully a remedy. If I could get an iso of an earlier version of the game code I would love to try that. Emailing jersey jack today in hopes they can help as well. Thanks in advance.

It's not likely firmware related but hardware.

Check the black mini USB cable going into the opto board under the playfield with all the Ethernet cables in it. Make sure it's snug and tight, and has enough slack, not boundup, and you might get some electrical tape to secure it better in place.
If that gets loose I know it's tied into your sensors and can cause a comm error. I think it's basically crashing the USB stack. Reboot usually fixes this but it could be loose and comes back due to vibrations in game play .. especially with shaker.

#21629 1 year ago
Quoted from screaminr:

Back handing left Flipper straight to the ball lock , or the upper upper level is awesome .

Even though it's just a center scoop shot, I still feel the applause jackpot is so satisfying because of the timer and the pressure. It goes from basic center scoop to most difficult and most satisfying shot!

#21630 1 year ago
Quoted from Vespula:

Even though it's just a center scoop shot, I still feel the applause jackpot is so satisfying because of the timer and the pressure. It goes from basic center scoop to difficult sand most satisfying shot!

So true!

A97CF123-50FA-487F-A3E6-942DBFAE22C5.gifA97CF123-50FA-487F-A3E6-942DBFAE22C5.gif
#21631 1 year ago

Really been enjoying GnR since ours came in last Wednesday. Much more to say/review, but for now, there's a small issue with what (I think) is the ball trough. ABout 20% of the time, it doesn't seem to recognize a ball that drains into the trough. Can happen either during single or multiball. I have to give the pin a nice shove, and it will finally register. Before I dive in to figure out what's up, I thought I'd ask here first. Anyone have any suggestions? Common?

Thanks, like we said, a really, really amazing table.

#21632 1 year ago
Quoted from DiabloRush:

Really been enjoying GnR since ours came in last Wednesday. Much more to say/review, but for now, there's a small issue with what (I think) is the ball trough. ABout 20% of the time, it doesn't seem to recognize a ball that drains into the trough. Can happen either during single or multiball. I have to give the pin a nice shove, and it will finally register. Before I dive in to figure out what's up, I thought I'd ask here first. Anyone have any suggestions? Common?
Thanks, like we said, a really, really amazing table.

With the power off, firmly reseat the opto connections on the board.

#21633 1 year ago

Hosted a birthday party for my 6 year old. Girls loved it! Adults too

PXL_20220521_204608276 (resized).jpgPXL_20220521_204608276 (resized).jpgPXL_20220522_005534288 (resized).jpgPXL_20220522_005534288 (resized).jpg
#21634 1 year ago
Quoted from screaminr:

The LE is no where near as good as the SE. The upper playfield is cumbersome and in the way and completely ruins any flow this game has.

Although, the shoot youre explaining does sound great!

I can backhand the left ramp on my se just the same.

#21635 1 year ago
Quoted from Ecw0930:

The LE is no where near as good as the SE. The upper playfield is cumbersome and in the way and completely ruins any flow this game has.
Although, the shoot youre explaining does sound great!
I can backhand the left ramp on my se just the same.

If the se was better , they would have sold more than 5 games over here .
As long as you love it , that's all that matters .
And you have the rarest game

#21636 1 year ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

With the power off, firmly reseat the opto connections on the board.

Tried this. The problem remains. I'm thinking it might be mechanical? When I shake the machine, that generally serves up a ball in a second or two. Maybe something keeping balls from smoothly rolling in the trough? I'll take a closer look.

#21637 1 year ago

Anyone able to offer any suggestions . Midway through a game I have now lost power/won't trigger to all of drive 4 except the L ramp L target. Seems to be just those. Appreciate the help

C8414E87-BC41-4FBA-BA4D-7C80F1219F75 (resized).jpegC8414E87-BC41-4FBA-BA4D-7C80F1219F75 (resized).jpeg
#21638 1 year ago

I find it amusing how I can hit the scoop first time every time, but as soon as the applause jackpot lights up Iā€™m a snubber rubber hitter, just missingā€¦well I find it funā€¦.

#21639 1 year ago
Quoted from Vespula:

It's not likely firmware related but hardware.
Check the black mini USB cable going into the opto board under the playfield with all the Ethernet cables in it. Make sure it's snug and tight, and has enough slack, not boundup, and you might get some electrical tape to secure it better in place.
If that gets loose I know it's tied into your sensors and can cause a comm error. I think it's basically crashing the USB stack. Reboot usually fixes this but it could be loose and comes back due to vibrations in game play .. especially with shaker.

Didn't seem to be the problem. And the plunge opto sensor issue where it works on the first plunge after restart and not on any subsequent plunges is reproducible 100% of the time. While I was checking the cables I left the glass off just to be sure, did a plunge, let it drain by hand, then did another plunge on ball 2--doesnt detect the ball.

#21640 1 year ago
Quoted from tdawgmd:

Didn't seem to be the problem. And the plunge opto sensor issue where it works on the first plunge after restart and not on any subsequent plunges is reproducible 100% of the time. While I was checking the cables I left the glass off just to be sure, did a plunge, let it drain by hand, then did another plunge on ball 2--doesnt detect the ball.

Definitely open a support ticket.
Meanwhile I'd probably put the matrix switch test mode on and start triggering all the switches and sensors manually in order of game play activation looking for a pattern and narrowing down which switch starts the problems. Check that little wire switch in the shooter lane when the ball first comes out. Maybe it's the source of the problem.

#21641 1 year ago
Quoted from Vespula:

Definitely open a support ticket.
Meanwhile I'd probably put the matrix switch test mode on and start triggering all the switches and sensors manually in order of game play activation looking for a pattern and narrowing down which switch starts the problems. Check that little wire switch in the shooter lane when the ball first comes out. Maybe it's the source of the problem.

So here's what I found--at the bottom of the test menu there is a sub menu for sensor test. When I opened that after the first game, all sensors were red, and couldn't be triggered(so meaning the keyboard, guitar lock, and shooter lane) which certainly explains the behavior of the game not knowing where balls are. It initially wouldn't allow me to calibrate the sensors, so I restarted the game, reopened that menu, and was able to calibrate them. I then played a whole game where they all worked.

So problem solved right? I wiped down the glass and while I'm putting it back on the game, in the bottom left corner of the screen, a small error message pops up "some sensors not found, check pfd board". I then started a game a sure enough, sensors are out again. Thoughts?

#21642 1 year ago
Quoted from Vespula:Definitely open a support ticket.

Actually found someone in this thread who was having the same issue. Had to replace the board.

#21643 1 year ago
Quoted from daveyvandy:

Hosted a birthday party for my 6 year old. Girls loved it! Adults too
[quoted image][quoted image]

Yeah, that party was CRAZY! Game withstood multiple tiny hands dipped in cake and pizza. Kids loved the light show. Call outs and sound tempered for the clientele. I did not get to play.ā˜¹ļø

#21644 1 year ago

New owner, dumb-ass question: How to I get more than 2 balls locked in the Guitar? Played about 20 games, Iā€™ve never had more than 2 balls in the locks. Whenever I have 1 (or 2) balls locked up, they release after a bit of time. Iā€™m sure thereā€™s a setting for this, but I couldnā€™t easily find it.

Thanks.

#21645 1 year ago
Quoted from DiabloRush:

New owner, dumb-ass question: How to I get more than 2 balls locked in the Guitar? Played about 20 games, Iā€™ve never had more than 2 balls in the locks. Whenever I have 1 (or 2) balls locked up, they release after a bit of time. Iā€™m sure thereā€™s a setting for this, but I couldnā€™t easily find it.
Thanks.

If you're in a song, the lock is timed. You HAVE to get all the colored dots on the neck (2 to 6 dots, depending) covered with balls in time to collect the power chord award or they release. Adding a ball to the lock resets the timer. You can extend this timer in the settings to make it more amenable to your skill level.

If you're NOT in a song, you can lock up to 6 balls which will carry into the song.

#21646 1 year ago

Also I'm not sure exactly how it works but if you're not in a song and you're locking balls it will release them sometimes and up on the big screen you'll see it say what ball that is.. ie. fourth ball locked or fifth ball locked ..even though there's not five balls in the guitar lock It's a virtual lock. Somebody can explain why this happens but my initial guess is it's because you need balls in the trough to feed for the multi-balls? I'm fuzzy on this logic

#21647 1 year ago

I found the problem with my table not reliably serving balls. The trough VUK was adjusted about 1/16" too-high. Balls would get stuck on the tip instead of rolling all the way down the trough.

The solution was dead-simple. The trough VUK can be adjusted up/down via slotted holes. I moved it to the bottom of the range, and now it's working 100%. Who knew that "add-a-ball" modes actually ADDED a ball. What a game! Can't tell you how good this machine is, it's in the running for greatest pinball ever, seriously...

IMG_1550 (resized).JPGIMG_1550 (resized).JPG
#21648 1 year ago
Quoted from Vespula:

Also I'm not sure exactly how it works but if you're not in a song and you're locking balls it will release them sometimes and up on the big screen you'll see it say what ball that is.. ie. fourth ball locked or fifth ball locked ..even though there's not five balls in the guitar lock It's a virtual lock. Somebody can explain why this happens but my initial guess is it's because you need balls in the trough to feed for the multi-balls? I'm fuzzy on this logic

maybe because itā€™s more fun to not know where the next ball is coming from? I never really thought about it because it hasnā€™t screwed me over. I keep count!

#21649 1 year ago

Anyone purchased the robot eye mod?
Have to say the T2 look is very cool.

Also, anyone got one of these?
Wonder how it would look with Lior Skull?
Unsure if it would obscure the skull face too much?
https://backalleycreations.com/collections/guns-n-roses-jersey-jack-pinball-mods-1/products/glitter-red-roses-shooter-rod

#21650 1 year ago
Quoted from Sako-TRG:

Anyone purchased the robot eye mod?
Have to say the T2 look is very cool.

It is. Very cool. Goes perfectly with the graphics on the cabinet. The controller add on is worth the extra 10 bucks.

One of the first mods I installed along with the lighted red flipper buttons.

https://superskillshot.com/products/gus-n-roses-start-button

Flipper buttons

https://www.pinballlife.com/britebuttons-illuminated-flipper-button-set-for-stern-white-star-sam-system-machines.html

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 11,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pin Monk

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

8,249 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Temple, TX
$ 24.75
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 130.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 11,000.00
ā‚¬ 42.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 10,200.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 210.00
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 109.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

7,400 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Sacramento, CA
$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 19.95
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

There are 28,339 posts in this topic. You are on page 433 of 567.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-jjp-gnr-thread/page/433 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.