IMG_2676.gif
IMG_0960 (resized).jpeg
image1 (resized).jpeg
image0 (resized).jpeg
GnRAllenWrenchMod (resized).jpg
200w.gif
IMG_2222 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

78 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 28,392 posts in this topic. You are on page 432 of 568.
#21551 1 year ago
Quoted from sevenrites:

One of the most difficult things about this game for me is trying NOT to play it all the time. But I have forced myself to only allow one game per day lately. The other pins were feeling neglected. So I gotta do what I gotta do.

Well with 18 other pins I hope you don't end up in therapy!

#21552 1 year ago
Quoted from SLicK350:

Well with 18 other pins I hope you don't end up in therapy!

And my wife thinks I need therapy for spending this much on a game. Could have had 2 weeks in Maui but after that all you have is some memories and pictures you probably won't look at again.
GnR keeps on giving, and the bonus is, someday she can bury me in it. Have you seen the price of caskets? I'm a genius.

First world problems, as they say.

#21553 1 year ago

Props to our wives! I’m surprised I haven’t pushed mine into going to therapy. She just gives me a look now when I say I’m buying another one.

The funny thing is we (really just I as she has no stake in this) ran out of room after 10 pins. Then she decided to taunt me by saying there was no more room. Time and again 8 more times and here we are and I’m already plotting out where the next one will go. Go ahead babe, tell me we’re out of room again and I’ll find another.

What’s this have to do with GNR? It’s the only one she ever played continuously for hours.

#21554 1 year ago

I'm fortunate... my wife doesn't know the difference between a Taxi from a JJP's GNR's

It's just another pinball game.

#21555 1 year ago
Quoted from Kerry_Richard:

I'm fortunate... my wife doesn't know the difference between a Taxi from a JJP's GNR's

LOL! I still remember the day I told my wife about GNR and the price. (I had already made the deposit at this point.) Eventually, after growing tired of the wait and grabbing 10 pins during that time, I even offered to back out and she said go for it, and talked me back into it.

#21556 1 year ago

What flipper alignment do people have on their machines? This is how mine came. They seem a bit high to me but maybe they are meant to be??

PXL_20220514_002153766 (resized).jpgPXL_20220514_002153766 (resized).jpg
#21557 1 year ago
Quoted from mostater:

What flipper alignment do people have on their machines? This is how mine came. They seem a bit high to me but maybe they are meant to be??
[quoted image]

Same calibration approach for all pins, for me. Straight edge (ruler or similar) from the ball guide to the flipper rubber.

#21558 1 year ago
Quoted from mostater:

[quoted image]

I dropped mine a bit. To the point where the right flipper points to the skeletons top knuckle. It will be more difficult to backhand the ramp but I hit the left ramp a lot easier.

#21559 1 year ago

Hey all..
Don’t want to sound like I’m flogging a dead horse but….
You think JJP will release a code update to sort the MB madness?
I love my GnR due to theme and won’t leave… it could be so much better with a tactical update IMO.

#21560 1 year ago
Quoted from Sako-TRG:

Hey all..
I love my GnR due to theme and won’t leave… it could be so much better with a tactical update IMO.

I used to think the same , but after learning how to get them and understanding what they're for , I wouldn't change them , but if you want to tone them down , you can adjust qualifying for them in the settings .

#21561 1 year ago
Quoted from screaminr:

No one gives a shit , but I figured out if you let the timer run out choosing a song , when you have a locked ball , it will release a ball and you can hit it up and get a head start on power cord . I will play one on location tomorrow , to see if it's just my game .
It's almost 1 a.m. and I'm going to play for at least 4 more beers .

The GNR on location near me has gone , so I guess I'll never know if it's just my machine

#21562 1 year ago
Quoted from Sako-TRG:

Hey all..

Probably not given the strategic role that multi balls play in setting up and progressing through songs.

Besides, updating GNR doesn’t seem to be a priority for JJP. You’d think they’d have improved the scoring imbalances by now if they could spare some time tweaking the code.

#21563 1 year ago
Quoted from Sako-TRG:

Hey all..

Increase the difficulty of your booster multiballs so it doesn’t take a couple shots to start. That’ll help a bunch. Increase your powerchord hold timer in songs. Reduce the max ball saver. Heck, I have a whole post on it but from what I’ve heard, games like LZ and GZ are more multiball heavy than GNR

#21564 1 year ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Increase the difficulty of your booster multiballs so it doesn’t take a couple shots to start. That’ll help a bunch. Increase your powerchord hold timer in songs. Reduce the max ball saver. Heck, I have a whole post on it but from what I’ve heard, games like LZ and GZ are more multiball heavy than GNR

Hey Eskaybee
Any chance you can lock a ball or more before choosing a song and let the timer run out and see what happens .

#21565 1 year ago
Quoted from screaminr:

Hey Eskaybee
Any chance you can lock a ball or more before choosing a song and let the timer run out and see what happens .

Yup. You nailed it. Bug! 2 balls locked. Went to song selection. At the 20 sec mark, released a ball.

#21566 1 year ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Yup. You nailed it. Bug! 2 balls locked. Went to song selection. At the 20 sec mark, released a ball.

Ping pinball_keefer for the next code update!
(I'm being optimistic guys but I'd like to continue to live in a world where JJPs cares about their greatest achievement's code as much as we do. )

#21567 1 year ago

Wrong thread

#21568 1 year ago
Quoted from Jimmyhonda:

Steve from Pinball Refinery did my Godzilla Premium in a green with a silver flake. The pictures don’t do it justice. When you walk by the machine it sparkles. Lol. Steve does amazing work!
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Weird flex.

#21569 1 year ago

Just installed the Pinwoofer upgrade - I’m blown away. I’ve got Pinwoofer on my AIQ and DP. AIQ I noticed, DP was better, GnR is a total game changer. As luck would have it, the first song I got was Coma, and the bass was crazy. I literally giggled. Add Pinwoofer - it’s crazy good!

#21570 1 year ago

I enjoy all the songs nitpicking aside, I really think it's perfect mix, and if your asked me, I would still regard rocket queen as my personal fav, best song and light show and enjoy playing the most to. It's very tough for me to finish. I think I've only done it twice honestly but I love trying when I get that song.

Rarely will I hit the targets intentionally to try and to choose or avoid song ...most of the time I just let that choice happen.. And I don't want to give up 15 points to select a song either if I'm having a good game...

So tonight I got one I realized haven't had in a while... out ta get me... Wow. Just the total package experience! Pinwoofer,, Polk sub, Hyperlytes and pinstadiums CE... Uh-mazing.

The feeling was like I was truly being chased and playing like someone was out ta get me the entire song .. such an adrenaline rush and sensation overload the entire time... I nailed applause jackpot and as I stood there on a total adrenaline high, soaking it in, the crowd screaming and chanting Encore , encore , encore... I thought to myself maybe I was wrong .. THAT'S the best song. I love that about this game!

#21571 1 year ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Thanks mate , much appreciated .
I hope they fix it , I need all those seconds to grab a beer from the fridge

#21572 1 year ago

Anyone else having issues with the proximity sensors in the shooter lane and guitar neck?

Or
Anyone else having issues with 2nd ball in shooter lane?
@jjp #GnR Guns N' Roses

20210925_205925 (resized).jpg20210925_205925 (resized).jpg

20220515_135345 (resized).jpg20220515_135345 (resized).jpg
#21573 1 year ago

I did the hyperlights mod and I must say it’s quite awesome!!! The videos don’t do it justice !! If your on the fence …. Do it !

#21574 1 year ago
Quoted from GoinPostal:

Anyone else having issues with the proximity sensors in the shooter lane and guitar neck?
Or
@jjp #GnR Guns N' Roses
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

Lane sensors seem very inconsistent for me on skill shots. Switch test mode it’s perfect, in game not so much. Cleaning underneath did help, but it seems if the ball is a hair off the sensor it’ll record the skill shot no matter the momentum of the ball.

Can’t comment too much on the guitar neck sensors; it’s only happened a couple times and calibration fixed that.

#21575 1 year ago
Quoted from GoinPostal:

Or
@jjp #GnR Guns N' Roses
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

Shooter lane false activation is still an ongoing problem for me. 2 replacement sensor pcbs installed so far. Initial problem was sensor 4 false trigger when game got hot. Now it is sensor 3 false trigger when game is cold.

The proximity sensors used in GnR are a cool little device however they appear to be extremely "delicate" (sorry I can't think of a better term ) with regards to calibration. They are supposed auto cal up to 100mm. I think that they may struggle with the wild reflections created from the starburst inserts ?

APDS-9130 Device info
https://www.broadcom.com/products/optical-sensors/proximity-sensors/apds-9130

I am of firm belief that modified code is required with regards to sensor pulse count. It appears that there is no adjustment for gain/sensitivity, limiting code options for improvement of device reliability for pinball machine ball sensor application.

I am guessing that this type of proximity sensor will be seen in Toy Story. Will be interesting to see if JJP continues to use the 9130 device ?
If so one can only hope that coders and engineers will be allowed the time to address this reliability issue.

With regard to guitar lock sensors, they appear to be much more reliable for some reason. Starburst inserts are used here as well yet I think the depth of insert hole is less ?

Anyway main problem I have encountered with guitar lock sensors is all 6 were intermittently dropping out entirely. This appeared to be caused by the blue ethernet style comms cable between the upper pcb and the I/O pcb underneath the main playfield required re-seating.

The 2 ball in shooter lane is likely a ball through problem, check re-seat ball trough connectors. And perhaps check the balls have not be become magnetized.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#21576 1 year ago

I replaced the standard Corsair PSU for a Seasonic prime 850. I carefully removed all that had to be removed and double checked everything.
All works, except the switches. I cannot start a game. Menu buttons and flipper buttons are dead. Cannot acces the menu.
Start game lamp also doesn’t work.
Any advice where to start?

#21577 1 year ago
Quoted from Maurice:

I replaced the standard Corsair PSU for a Seasonic prime 850. I carefully removed all that had to be removed and double checked everything.
All works, except the switches. I cannot start a game. Menu buttons and flipper buttons are dead. Cannot acces the menu.
Start game lamp also doesn’t work.
Any advice where to start?

Check the USB plugs.

#21578 1 year ago

Neat glitch. Not exactly easy either.

FAR Part 46

23667179-56A3-4154-9BF5-F4DD8A29318E (resized).jpeg23667179-56A3-4154-9BF5-F4DD8A29318E (resized).jpeg
#21579 1 year ago

Sixteen quintillion, six hundred two quadrillion, sixty nine trillion, two hundred twenty six billion, five hundred fourty two million, eight hundred twelve thousand, six hundred twenty nine.
I don’t see the issue.

#21580 1 year ago

Which USB is the suspect? There are about 5 cables.

#21581 1 year ago
Quoted from c818919taylor:

FAR Part 46
[quoted image]

Something with letting demolition derby time out at a certain point I believe, Buffalo pinball posted a video about it.

#21582 1 year ago
Quoted from ZoraShinoda:

Something with letting demolition derby time out at a certain point I believe, Buffalo pinball posted a video about it.

Those were the instructions. Yep.

#21583 1 year ago

Since I noticed the 3 pinmonks fans were not working I double checked the big 4 pin connectors bottom right in the backbox. I did not connect one of them and after I did: Eureka!!!!

It’s the big white connector top left in the picture.

50B649A2-A45C-487A-8708-A48084A259A6 (resized).jpeg50B649A2-A45C-487A-8708-A48084A259A6 (resized).jpeg
#21584 1 year ago
Quoted from Maurice:

Since I noticed the 3 pinmonks fans were not working I double checked the big 4 pin connectors bottom right in the backbox. I did not connect one of them and after I did: Eureka!!!!
It’s the big white connector top left in the picture.
[quoted image]

Awesome, glad you're back in business!

#21585 1 year ago
Quoted from Maurice:

I replaced the standard Corsair PSU for a Seasonic prime 850.

You're probably the first to do this.... So do you Notice anything different/better with the seasonic?

#21586 1 year ago

I choose the 850W Seasonic because I plan to add pinstadium and pinwoofer.
With the original 450W the game sometimes crashed. A song wouldn’t start for example or just during gameplay the game rebooted. After reading on Pinside about these issues I decided to go for maximum reliability.
The pinwoofer and pinstadium are not installed yet. I did add extra LED backbox lighting.
Also added is an active 300W subwoofer, but I don’t think that makes any difference for the power supply.

In short: sofar I played a handful of games and the game works exactly as before. No crashes sofar. I’ll update once a few 100 more games are played.

#21587 1 year ago
Quoted from Maurice:

With the original 450W the game sometimes crashed. A song wouldn’t start for example or just during gameplay the game rebooted. After reading on Pinside about these issues I decided to go for maximum reliability.
The pinwoofer and pinstadium are not installed yet. I did add extra LED backbox lighting.
Also added is an active 300W subwoofer, but I don’t think that makes any difference for the power supply.
In short: sofar I played a handful of games and the game works exactly as before. No crashes sofar. I’ll update once a few 100 more games are played.

Ok. I've got pinstadiums, backbox and trough RGB lighting, pinwoofer, coinbox rgb lighting, outside cabinet lighting (Hyperlytes), robot eye start button, RGB flipper buttons, topper lighting, topper marquee lighting, topper monkey mod lighting, Illumiglass RGB translite mod and lermods translite lighting, pinmonk flipper fans....Ordered the magnet and diverter cooling fan kit but not installed it yet ... all running on stock power with USA voltage. No issues . All RGB, pinwoofer and fans are running off the pin power. Hyperlytes and pinstadiums are running off the service port.

I also have Polk sub but it's plugged in separately so not powered from the service port.

I have a battery back up that shows the wattage used in real time and it regularly peaks around 300 ... I've seen it break 350ish when everything's going and the magnet is holding a ball. And this is with the sub plugged into it as well

#21588 1 year ago
Quoted from Vespula:

Ok. I've got pinstadiums, backbox and trough RGB lighting, pinwoofer, coinbox rgb lighting, outside cabinet lighting (Hyperlytes), robot eye start button, RGB flipper buttons, topper lighting, topper marquee lighting, topper monkey mod lighting, Illumiglass RGB translite mod and lermods translite lighting, pinmonk flipper fans....Ordered the magnet and diverter cooling fan kit but not installed it yet ... all running on stock power with USA voltage. No issues . All RGB, pinwoofer and fans are running off the pin power. Hyperlytes and pinstadiums are running off the service port.
I also have Polk sub but it's plugged in separately so not powered from the service port.
I have a battery back up that shows the wattage used in real time and it regularly peaks around 300 ... I've seen it break 350ish when everything's going and the magnet is holding a ball. And this is with the sub plugged into it as well

Your game is like it Christmas tree , inside and out , if it can handle what you've got , it can handle anything

#21589 1 year ago
Quoted from screaminr:

Your game is like it Christmas tree , inside and out , if it can handle what you've got , it can handle anything

#21590 1 year ago

I had my first crash (during a song with 6 balls in play) last week and it just happened on a game where I was about to pass my GC score... Not sure if it was related to power or not but it was the first time I had all patches collected and noticed that the animations were a bit slow to play. So will keep an eye out in case it happens again and also to this thread if anyone else has any other data points.

#21591 1 year ago

My new GnR LE shipped yesterday. FYI, it's #4054. Closing in on 5000.

Screen Shot 2022-05-18 at 10.47.17 AM (resized).jpgScreen Shot 2022-05-18 at 10.47.17 AM (resized).jpg
#21592 1 year ago
Quoted from Maurice:

Please note that PinWoofer is powered from the driver board, and not the ATX supply. Thanks, and have a great day!

#21593 1 year ago

Shout out to PinWoofer Dan. Installed the KO system today.

One word: Wow.

Highly recommend.

#21594 1 year ago
Quoted from DiabloRush:

My new GnR LE shipped yesterday. FYI, it's #4054. Closing in on 5000.[quoted image]

Congrats, yours is actually #4059 (last 4 of serial)
I've never seen the serial and the LE plate that close to matching! Things must be slow in order to get those almost in sync.

#21595 1 year ago
Quoted from swampy:

Shout out to PinWoofer Dan. Installed the KO system today.
One word: Wow.
Highly recommend.

Hey swampy - great feedback - hearing is believing!

https://pinwoofer.com/pinwoofer-jjp-super-kit/

#21596 1 year ago
Quoted from ZoraShinoda:

So, I guess we can’t complain about album modes not scoring high enough…

#21597 1 year ago

FAR Part 46
[quoted image]

same glitch happens with “Tear the Wall Down”?

#21598 1 year ago

same glitch happens with “Tear the Wall Down”?

Only got four posters before bed.

Enjoy! Be safe!!

#21599 1 year ago

Hey guys, without trolling through 21598 posts. Can anyone tell me how you stop having to enter your name after every bloody game? Regards in advance.

#21600 1 year ago
Quoted from Freddykaboodle:

Hey guys, without trolling through 21598 posts. Can anyone tell me how you stop having to enter your name after every bloody game? Regards in advance.

Stop beating your previous scores
If you connect it to scorebit , it will do it automatically .
When you've got a lot of games on it , the less you will have to do it , and will look forward to doing it .

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pin Monk

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Bensenville, IL
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 210.00
€ 69.00
Pinball Machine
Multiball mods

$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Machine - For Sale
Litchfield Park, AZ
$ 60.00
Hardware
Pin Parts

$ 109.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 40.00
Playfield - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 130.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Tulsa, OK
$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

€ 42.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 10,200.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 11,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 28,392 posts in this topic. You are on page 432 of 568.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-jjp-gnr-thread/page/432?hl=pinwoofer and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.