IMG_2002 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2003 (resized).jpeg
1C8AE00A-E658-441F-8C85-35F46CC105C1 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3148 (resized).jpeg
20240407_215717 (resized).jpg
20240407_215654 (resized).jpg
20240407_215630 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

78 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 28,298 posts in this topic. You are on page 431 of 566.
#21501 1 year ago
Quoted from riggy469:

Just wondering if there has been any code talk for GNR? Are there any indicators that more is coming down the pipeline, or should we consider it basically finished, with maybe some bug cleanup here and there?

I've been wondering if they're going to do anything about FOG .
Maybe they were going to have a fog multiball but because people complain there are too many multiballs , maybe they're just gonna leave it ?
It's weird having an insert that doesn't do anything .

#21502 1 year ago
Quoted from Vespula:

Why is dremeling needed?

To shorten and keep the prongs sharp. Can’t really cut them with snips and the stock length requires a LOT of torque to seat into the wood.

#21503 1 year ago
Quoted from riggy469:

Just wondering if there has been any code talk for GNR? Are there any indicators that more is coming down the pipeline, or should we consider it basically finished, with maybe some bug cleanup here and there?

I would really like to see more music modes. Absolutely love the game but it could have more music jam modes between songs.

#21504 1 year ago

Got my Hyperlytes from deejaypee Friday, installed them this morning, and Good Lord, let me tell you! What a HUGE difference! Super nice kit, and easy to install. Really love these lights! Changes the whole room! Fantastic! Couldn't be happier!

#21505 1 year ago
Quoted from riggy469:

It’d be nice to see some of the scoring balances fixed, like improved rewards for Slash solo and album modes. But at least all the wizard modes are coded.

Considering that POTC coding hasn’t finished yet, I don’t have high hopes for new GNR code any time soon.

#21506 1 year ago
Quoted from Xelz:

It’d be nice to see some of the scoring balances fixed, like improved rewards for Slash solo and album modes. But at least all the wizard modes are coded.
Considering that POTC coding hasn’t finished yet, I don’t have high hopes for new GNR code any time soon.

Agreed on above but would also love to see the GnR SPECIAL patch coded so the right outlane is lit for a ball save/extra ball...

#21507 1 year ago
Quoted from riggy469:

I'm sure the team is very busy with JJP #7. I think we'll get some polish and score balancing on GNR soon thereafter.

#21508 1 year ago

I’m having issues with my Center Scoop kicking the ball out STDM, where is it supposed to feed to?

The left or right flipper?

#21509 1 year ago
Quoted from dsmoke1986:

Should feed to the left. You can try loosening the screws from above, just below the guitar super lock and turning the scoop and tighten them back down. That worked for me. Others have used washers as shims from underneath to try and change the trajectory with success as well. Some even adjusted the scoop eject power I believe.

Here’s the key post with the washer shim method:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-jjp-gnr-thread/page/367#post-6645380

#21510 1 year ago
Quoted from dsmoke1986:

I’m having issues with my Center Scoop kicking the ball out STDM, where is it supposed to feed to?

I placed two washers under each of the left screws under the playfield and the scoop shoots the ball to the middle of the left flipper every time.

#21511 1 year ago

Hey all, I’m having issues. Only had the game a few weeks, but what’s most frustrating (other than I’m still terrible at it) is that I’m having to slap Dave the plunge from going straight down the middle about 75% of the time. Anyone else deal with this that has a way to fix it?

#21512 1 year ago
Quoted from TicTacSeth:

Hey all, I’m having issues. Only had the game a few weeks, but what’s most frustrating (other than I’m still terrible at it) is that I’m having to slap Dave the plunge from going straight down the middle about 75% of the time. Anyone else deal with this that has a way to fix it?

First things I would try are basic levelling (left to right as well as the usual "pitch". Surely something should help! Mine drops to (I think) the right flipper so reliably I have never even had to think about this!

I can understand being frustrated if you can't get a flipper on the ball.

#21513 1 year ago
Quoted from BC_Gambit:

First things I would try are basic levelling (left to right as well as the usual "pitch". Surely something should help! Mine drops to (I think) the right flipper so reliably I have never even had to think about this!

Yeah, I’ll have to check the level again on it. I went a 6.5 pitch on it, sound right? The ball hasn’t looked off in general while playing, but I’ll check. It’s interesting yours goes to the right flipper, because I have to save it with the left! In fact, the only time I don’t have to save it is when there’s enough momentum for it to hit further into the left flipper and I let it dead bounce to, and immediately flip with the right!

#21514 1 year ago
Quoted from TicTacSeth:

Yeah, I’ll have to check the level again on it. I went a 6.5 pitch on it, sound right? The ball hasn’t looked off in general while playing, but I’ll check. It’s interesting yours goes to the right flipper, because I have to save it with the left! In fact, the only time I don’t have to save it is when there’s enough momentum for it to hit further into the left flipper and I let it dead bounce to, and immediately flip with the right!

Does the ball hit the top of the right sling before going sdtm? I’ve got my pitch around 6.8 and after checking side to side level my plunge almost always goes directly to the right flipper

#21515 1 year ago
Quoted from Mattyk:

Does the ball hit the top of the right sling before going sdtm? I’ve got my pitch around 6.8 and after checking side to side level my plunge almost always goes directly to the right flipper

Negative, it clears the right along pretty easily. I’m checking my right/left again right now.

#21516 1 year ago
Quoted from BC_Gambit:

Take a slow motion video of it as it exits the shooter lane to see if it's grazing something that is putting it off of its ideal path.

#21517 1 year ago
Quoted from TicTacSeth:

Negative, it clears the right along pretty easily. I’m checking my right/left again right now.

Well, it wasn’t bad, but there was a small adjustment. I still have to fight it because sometimes I can now barely tap it with the right flipper when it is up. Still, it regularly clears it all together, but I have a better shot at slap saving it. It’s most frustrating when a multi ball gets going (which is a lot) because a lot of them just drain through. Could the metal guide be bent on the right side where it comes out?

#21518 1 year ago
Quoted from TicTacSeth:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-jjp-gnr-thread/page/353#post-6606282

#21519 1 year ago
Quoted from TicTacSeth:Well, it wasn’t bad, but there was a small adjustment. I still have to fight it because sometimes I can now barely tap it with the right flipper when it is up. Still, it regularly clears it all together, but I have a better shot at slap saving it. It’s most frustrating when a multi ball gets going (which is a lot) because a lot of them just drain through. Could the metal guide be bent on the right side where it comes out?

I bet if you increase pitch it will fix this. Try turning each rear leg leveler a little at a time and see if the ball starts dropping on the right flipper.

#21520 1 year ago

Oh interesting, I’ll try this out! Will also try increasing the pitch. The ball does seem to kind of “jump” as it exits to the flippers.

#21521 1 year ago

The thing is, the game is designed to work at a certain pitch, if everything works except that, there could be other consequences. Some people like it steeper and that’s cool, but it doesn’t sound like that’s the case here.

For me, I’d fix the problem.

Would it help if I threw up a video on YouTube to show you what it looks like when the problem doesn’t exist?

Quoted from Mattyk:

I bet if you increase pitch it will fix this. Try turning each rear leg leveler a little at a time and see if the ball starts dropping on the right flipper.

#21522 1 year ago
Quoted from Mattyk:

So I started inching the back levelers up … I’m way up from where I was, and somehow still getting g the same result: can barely reach it sometimes with the top of the right flipper, and still have to slap save with the left. This is so odd…

#21523 1 year ago
Quoted from TicTacSeth:

I think DinoBob just discussed having this same issue recently and this was his solution...

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-jjp-gnr-thread/page/426#post-6885964

#21524 1 year ago

@jalpert, please post video of what the plunged ball should be doing each time please.

#21525 1 year ago
Quoted from Vespula:

I think DinoBob just discussed having this same issue recently and this was his solution...
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-jjp-gnr-thread/page/426#post-6885964

Interesting, looks like at least two people have put something there, I might as well try it out right?

#21526 1 year ago
Quoted from shovelhed:

jalpert, please post video of what the plunged ball should be doing each time please.

Here you go .

#21527 1 year ago
Quoted from screaminr:

Potential bug fix ?
If you have one or more balls locked and let the timer run down , to choose a song ,
Does it release one ball .
Mine does .
Next time if you have some balls locked , wait until the 17 second Mark and see if it will release one ball .
Just curious if it's just my machine .

Can someone try this . Thanks

#21528 1 year ago

Wow, yup, supposed to totally drop right down the sling! Now how do I get mine to do that lol

#21529 1 year ago
Quoted from TicTacSeth:

Wow, yup, supposed to totally drop right down the sling! Now how do I get mine to do that lol

It's all gravity , make sure your PIN is level from left to right and make sure this metal flap is pushed against the rubber .

IMG_20220510_234137 (resized).jpgIMG_20220510_234137 (resized).jpgIMG_20220510_233955 (resized).jpgIMG_20220510_233955 (resized).jpgIMG_20220510_234808 (resized).jpgIMG_20220510_234808 (resized).jpgIMG_20220510_234103 (resized).jpgIMG_20220510_234103 (resized).jpg
#21530 1 year ago

All this patch talk has me wondering, what's the best patch strategy if I want to reach No Sympathy For The Devil mode? Right now, I'm grabbing the UYI2 album first (since cannon wraparound makes that album mode wayyy easier to clear without losing a ball). After reading the recent posts here, it sounds like I should go for the Fender/Vader/etc. set, in order to try to get that extra ball. Sunglasses are helpful too.

Any other patch strategies I should try? I've never made it to NSFTD yet (no spoilers, please!)

#21531 1 year ago

Take a video, throw it up on Youtube. It might be easy to spot since we know what to look for.

Quoted from TicTacSeth:

#21532 1 year ago
Quoted from TicTacSeth:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-jjp-gnr-thread/page/48#post-5948975

Mine did the same thing. Remove the ball guide and bend here

#21533 1 year ago

Added some more of Matt’s art to the game, flipper toppers that match his sculpts and the rose shooter rod, looks great!

16A24A0E-479A-434C-A0B6-C207DB4AE529 (resized).jpeg16A24A0E-479A-434C-A0B6-C207DB4AE529 (resized).jpegE9F2885C-5E36-430C-9773-224B2B9DDE5B (resized).jpegE9F2885C-5E36-430C-9773-224B2B9DDE5B (resized).jpeg
#21534 1 year ago
Quoted from screaminr:

It's all gravity , make sure your PIN is level from left to right and make sure this metal flap is pushed against the rubber .
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

That could be it, that metal is tight to the post. I guess I’m ok to bend it a bit? Sounds dangerous haha

#21535 1 year ago
Quoted from Jaygee77:

All this patch talk has me wondering, what's the best patch strategy if I want to reach No Sympathy For The Devil mode? Right now, I'm grabbing the UYI2 album first (since cannon wraparound makes that album mode wayyy easier to clear without losing a ball). After reading the recent posts here, it sounds like I should go for the Fender/Vader/etc. set, in order to try to get that extra ball. Sunglasses are helpful too.
Any other patch strategies I should try? I've never made it to NSFTD yet (no spoilers, please!)

T-shirt + Poster for sure. This will let you really slow down the game, cradle ball(s), and take your time with a more controlled effort through the song.

Next, cash out your jackpot if/when you know you have the album mode qualified (i.e. 3 minute mark), but more importantly when you can also light the extra ball which is qualified by getting all (9) inlanes during a song.

Extra balls will be key to getting to NSFTD so in addition to cashing out when eb is available per my previous comment; the (4) sponser patches are key too. Also, time-out slash solo. As you mentioned, UYI-2 patch is key to help with that mode. The Sunglasses patch is also helpful to get tour mb qualified.

And stay away from the patience patch; I think there’s a bug that can prevent NSFTD from lighting if you play patience (i.e. it can reset a qualified album modes timer and will no longer be available to play).

Good luck!

#21536 1 year ago

Key post
TECH: PLAYFIELD Plunge/skill shot drains SDTM.

Quoted from CoolCatPinball:

Boy oh boy, the plunges drained all the damn time on mine. Especially if the ball had any momentum coming out of the chute. I played around with the one way gate angle (it has lots of wiggle room if you loosen the screws holding it), and the issue got better, but still needed a remedy. Next I removed the ball guide from the machine and barely bent the end down where the ball rolls out of the exit. Now, most every time, when the ball rolls out, it falls to the right flipper. But out of the box it was incredibly frustrating how often it drained instantly.

Quoted from Pinballomatic:

Could you post a picture of this please?

Quoted from CoolCatPinball:

Here ya go. Red arrows point to where I made the bend. Side view and top view.

Solution:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-jjp-gnr-thread/page/48#post-5948975

#21537 1 year ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Next, cash out your jackpot if/when you know you have the album mode qualified (i.e. 3 minute mark), but more importantly when you can also light the extra ball which is qualified by getting all (9) inlanes during a song.
Good luck!

I did not know that's what qualified an eb during a song! I always assumed it was a timer or points thing.

Thanks!

#21538 1 year ago
Quoted from Ecw0930:

I did not know that's what qualified an eb during a song! I always assumed it was a timer or points thing.
Thanks!

To add to Eskaybee ’s always excellent encyclopedic knowledge, it’s easy to tell when you’ve nailed those inlanes enough to cash out and land an extra ball. When a song starts, the topmost letter of each inlane is white. When a ball rolls through, the white light transfers down a peg. And again with the next roll through. When you look down at the inlanes during a song and none of the letters are white anymore, you’ll have an extra ball lit… if you successfully cash out.

#21539 1 year ago
Quoted from deejaypee:

To add to Eskaybee ’s always excellent encyclopedic knowledge, it’s easy to tell when you’ve nailed those inlanes enough to cash out and land an extra ball. When a song starts, the topmost letter of each inlane is white. When a ball rolls through, the white light transfers down a peg. And again with the next roll through. When you look down at the inlanes during a song and none of the letters are white anymore, you’ll have an extra ball lit… if you successfully cash out.

Thanks SKB and Great addition DJ.

Question.. In addition to the inlanes requirement for light extra ball added to cash out, to be able to successfully bring up "cash out and light extra ball" you need to have the center scoop lit green by completing the objective shots and be down to one ball on the playfield when you hit that green scoop, I believe?

Do I have that right?

#21540 1 year ago
Quoted from Vespula:

In addition to the inlanes requirement for light extra ball added to cash out, to be able to successfully bring up "cash out and light extra ball" you need to have the center scoop lit green by completing the objective shots and be down to one ball on the playfield when you hit that green scoop, I believe?

Sounds accurate to me, in addition to what Eskaybee and Deejaypee said.

#21541 1 year ago

Off topic but I've been playing this free pinball game for the last 20 minutes. I'm still trying to get multi-ball going... and an issue on my Android phone with tapping for the the flippers seem to be getting confused with my screen tapping gestures sometimes but otherwise it's fun.

https://pinball.flutter.dev/

Here's the article..

https://9to5google.com/2022/05/10/google-io-pinball-free-game/

#21542 1 year ago

Well, she arrived! #3899. She is a beauty! I am posting some of the tweaks that I made get her dialed in. She feels 95% there, but something is missing. Hoping you all might be able to identify any additional adjustments that I might bring her to full glory. Here are a list of adjustments made so far.

Pitch = Bubble passes just over the third line

Turn off the gd knocker

Turn down the shaker to low

Lowered tilt bobble

Flipper Shenanigans OFF, wtf!?!?!

L & R Flipper - 28
UR Flipper - 16
UP Flipper 15 - now the balls lock 100% better

14 and 15 mil jackpots upon cashouts are the top scores on day 2. I am loving this experience! Really incredible. Only a couple of things left to work out. How can we make the left ramp more successful from the right flipper? How the hell do I activate make some noise multiball from a trap position? Any other tweaks or suggestions on options to try tweaking are appreciated.

Thanks, everyone, in advance!

#21543 1 year ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

T-shirt + Poster for sure. This will let you really slow down the game, cradle ball(s), and take your time with a more controlled effort through the song.
Extra balls will be key to getting to NSFTD so in addition to cashing out when eb is available per my previous comment; the (4) sponser patches are key too. Also, time-out slash solo. As you mentioned, UYI-2 patch is key to help with that mode. The Sunglasses patch is also helpful to get tour mb qualified.
And stay away from the patience patch; I think there’s a bug that can prevent NSFTD from lighting if you play patience (i.e. it can reset a qualified album modes timer and will no longer be available to play).
Good luck!

Thanks! I had skim-read about the patch combos when I first got the game, but didn't realize that the four sponsors would light an extra ball. And I definitely had no idea how or why the Light Extra Ball would appear on the cash out screen.

I struggle to get into song mode four different times already (perhaps because I avoid JAM?), so if I'm ever going to land a NSFTD mode, I probably would have to do it via 3+ minutes on four songs, rather than using Patience to make up the gap. Good to know, regardless! Thanks!

#21544 1 year ago
Quoted from deejaypee:

Well I'll be.

Also did not know that!

#21545 1 year ago
Quoted from Vespula:

Thanks SKB and Great addition DJ.
Question.. In addition to the inlanes requirement for light extra ball added to cash out, to be able to successfully bring up "cash out and light extra ball" you need to have the center scoop lit green by completing the objective shots and be down to one ball on the playfield when you hit that green scoop, I believe?
Do I have that right?

Yes. I do know that. Hahaha

#21546 1 year ago
Quoted from Ecw0930:

Yes. I do know that. Hahaha

Maybe it helped someone besides me. Lol.

#21547 1 year ago

One of the most difficult things about this game for me is trying NOT to play it all the time. But I have forced myself to only allow one game per day lately. The other pins were feeling neglected. So I gotta do what I gotta do.

#21548 1 year ago
Quoted from sevenrites:

One of the most difficult things about this game for me is trying NOT to play it all the time. But I have forced myself to only allow one game per day lately. The other pins were feeling neglected. So I gotta do what I gotta do.

This is funny. Totally get it. This is the plus side of only having GNR!
But, I find myself avoiding playing if I can't dedicate multiple games or at least 30 minutes of time because once I start... well, you know...

#21549 1 year ago

No one gives a shit , but I figured out if you let the timer run out choosing a song , when you have a locked ball , it will release a ball and you can hit it up and get a head start on power cord . I will play one on location tomorrow , to see if it's just my game .
It's almost 1 a.m. and I'm going to play for at least 4 more beers .

#21550 1 year ago

*disclaimer - the Hyperlytes I just installed are going to make the 1 game a day limit even more difficult to maintain. These things are incredible, totally immersed in extra lighting now all around, it definitely completes the game in that aspect. Simple install, well put together, looks like it could be factory with the connectors and controller box and rail style, and it’s awesome how perfectly integrated they are with the hot rails.

Cabinet lighting has been done before but nothing compares to how fluid this cabinet lighting is with how JJP did the hot rails. No other game cabinet lighting can possibly compare to this. That was a major factor in my decision. I am one who never buys mods, but these along with the airball deflector and fans from pin monk were must haves. I got the official art blades too. Guess the topper is next.

As for the 1 game limit I’m trying to impose on myself, at least I can let it ride in attract mode and look at the beauty with these new Hyperlytes from time to time without having to play it.

Quoted from Vespula:

But, I find myself avoiding playing if I can't dedicate multiple games or at least 30 minutes of time because once I start... well, you know...

This is one of the excuses I try to utilize to legitimize my decision and soften the blow from my GNR withdrawal.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pin Monk

Machine - For Sale
Chaska, MN
$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
The MOD Couple

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 210.00
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

€ 42.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Plantsville, CT
$ 11,000.00
8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Ardmore, PA
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 19.95
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 649.95
Lighting - Interactive
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 109.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Machine - For Sale
Purcellville, VA
$ 11,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 10,200.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 130.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Side Gig Studios

There are 28,298 posts in this topic. You are on page 431 of 566.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-jjp-gnr-thread/page/431 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.