IMG_2676.gif
IMG_0960 (resized).jpeg
image1 (resized).jpeg
image0 (resized).jpeg
GnRAllenWrenchMod (resized).jpg
200w.gif
IMG_2222 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

78 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 28,410 posts in this topic. You are on page 430 of 569.
#21451 1 year ago
Quoted from Dantesmark:Ball from scoop was center draining… added 1 washer to each of the two left screws. Hits the tip of the left flipper.
Should i add another washer to each screw to get it to shoot more left?
I have tried multiple power adjustments to that coil… doesnt help.

Make sure the hood is screwed down tightly .

IMG_20220227_163120 (resized).jpgIMG_20220227_163120 (resized).jpgIMG_20220227_163140 (resized).jpgIMG_20220227_163140 (resized).jpg

#21452 1 year ago
Quoted from Dantesmark:

Ball from scoop was center draining… added 1 washer to each of the two left screws. Hits the tip of the left flipper.

Make sure the hood is pointing as far to the left it can go

#21453 1 year ago
Quoted from screaminr:

Make sure the hood is screwed down tightly .

Quoted from Mattyk:

Make sure the hood is pointing as far to the left it can go

That's all I ever really had to do on mine. Never needed to add washers there. Only once did I have to angle it to the left a little bit more after around 500 plays, and it's been fine ever since, well over 1000 plays now.

#21454 1 year ago
Quoted from Dantesmark:

Ball from scoop was center draining… added 1 washer to each of the two left screws. Hits the tip of the left flipper.

i did all this stuff also , and it still didnt work consistently on my machine, i put painters tape on the scoop and used little crescent wrench to twist the scoop just a tiny bit ( looking at it from the front, twist clockwise, right side a touch downward and left a touch upward) and it hits center left flipper every time. gentle tweaks!! just a touch and test it! and easy on the pressure as you twist if you go this route.

#21455 1 year ago
Quoted from sevenrites:

That's all I ever really had to do on mine. Never needed to add washers there. Only once did I have to angle it to the left a little bit more after around 500 plays, and it's been fine ever since, well over 1000 plays now.

My scoop has come loose after tightening it , I might have to try plumbers tape or some Loctite .
The scoop takes such a beating , really should have had some bolts through the Playfield .

#21456 1 year ago
Quoted from Dantesmark:

Under the pf on the scoop bracket. Theres 2screws on left and on the right.
So ur sayin you put a washer on top of the pf?

Yes, I loosend the VUK Center Scoop hood on top of playfield and put a single washer under the hood part and then feed the left screw back into place, aimed the hood as far left as possible and then tighted it all back down. Ball consistenly hits left flipper everytime now. I read this in a previous post and it's worked perfectly for me.

#21457 1 year ago

If you're planning to use Loctite, only use the blue loctite.
Using red loctite will make a permanent bond and you'll never get the screws back out without snapping them off and having to replace t-nuts on the underside.

#21458 1 year ago

Question about the AXL magnet... Mine lays ever so slightly below the playfield. I tried loosening the lower nut but could not get it to budge. Is there a trick to adjusting the core?

#21459 1 year ago
Quoted from rrosenhouse:

Question about the AXL magnet... Mine lays ever so slightly below the playfield. I tried loosening the lower nut but could not get it to budge. Is there a trick to adjusting the core?

You might just have to adjust the bracket, or the bracket could be cocked slightly. when it's put in it has to be straight in or it doesn't sit flush on top. With the PF up, try taking out the bracket screws and then putting it back in while you're feeling the top side with your free hand. When it feels flush, put the screws in and see if that does it.

If that doesn't work, then you have to loosen the lower nut on the core so you can screw the core up a quarter turn or whatever and re-tighten. That nut is a pain to loosen.

#21460 1 year ago

Holy crap deejaypee knocked it out of the park with his Hyperlytes...
The photo doesn't do it justice...
My favorite feature from the CE, now on my LE.
Bravo sir and thanks to those who helped perfect it along the way. A painless install.
If Doug decides to do another run, highly recommended.
(Bonus: always nice to support a good dude)

IMG_20220502_224335 (resized).jpgIMG_20220502_224335 (resized).jpg
#21461 1 year ago

I’d buy one. Why not.

Quoted from Ponzie:

#21462 1 year ago
Quoted from jalpert:

I’d buy one. Why not.

Why even wait for another run? I have enough materials left for about 20 more sets, several ready to ship out now. They’re pretty awesome! At least, I’ve gotten loads of very happy feedback and I feel confident anyone will be quite pleased with this enhancement

https://cheapdrainz.com/products/gnr-hyperlytes

#21463 1 year ago
Quoted from deejaypee:

Why even wait for another run? I have enough materials left for about 20 more sets, several ready to ship out now. They’re pretty awesome! At least, I’ve gotten loads of very happy feedback and I feel confident anyone will be quite pleased with this enhancement

The product is awesome and the support is even better.

#21464 1 year ago

I just assumed they were gone since he said you have to wait for another run .

Gunna go buy it now.

Quoted from deejaypee:

#21465 1 year ago
Quoted from deejaypee:

Quoted from deejaypee:

Looks an awesome product deejaypee my LE lands mid May whats the shipping cost like to the UK?

#21466 1 year ago
Quoted from deejaypee:

Why even wait for another run? I have enough materials left for about 20 more sets, several ready to ship out now.

Dang, no doubt. I thought I checked last week and it was sold out. I may be mistaken. I finally had the compulsive desire to buy a set.

EDIT: done deal. Thanks!

#21467 1 year ago
Quoted from sevenrites:

Dang, no doubt. I thought I checked last week and it was sold out. I may be mistaken. I finally had the compulsive desire to buy a set.
EDIT: done deal. Thanks!

Awesome, thank you! I was being real deliberate about putting them in the store so I could take care of preorders first and get some of the building out of the way.

Pablouk sent you a note sir

#21468 1 year ago

Just placed my order for GnR Magnet and Diverter Cooling Kit!

#21469 1 year ago
Quoted from Ecw0930:

So I got those nice big t nuts.
Holy hell! The TEETH are bigger than the original t nut!
I had to snip the teeth down and hammer it in place.
Anyone else have a better way of doing this?
[quoted image]

Dremel with a cutting disk.

54984644-81DA-4AA8-82AF-C9E498CA8D30 (resized).jpeg54984644-81DA-4AA8-82AF-C9E498CA8D30 (resized).jpeg
#21470 1 year ago

Why is dremeling needed?

#21471 1 year ago
Quoted from Lounge:

Dremel with a cutting disk. [quoted image]

I did snip the teeth down. I could have gone power tool but I didn't feel like it. The snips worked well enough and the post is nice now.

But man, they are SO much bigger than the original t nut! sheesh

#21472 1 year ago

Just made a video on installing the new Monkey mod For Guns And Roses!

#21473 1 year ago
Quoted from Darkfader:

Sweet. Just ordered one so thanks for this!

#21474 1 year ago
Quoted from Darkfader:

I installed mine last week.
This monkey mod with the marquee mod from pinballmodz.com makes the JJP topper awesome. Quality modz!

I also installed his Illumiglass mod. Its cool too!
My translite graphics and band all pulse and the colors pop and shift and they look all 3D bouncing to the music.

#21475 1 year ago

Why is my GnR mystery award letters (ricochet sound) constantly and randomly triggering on it's own?
I'm just trapping a ball in the right flipper and I'm accumulating letters for mystery award.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#21476 1 year ago
Quoted from Vespula:

Why is my GnR mystery award letters (ricochet sound) constantly and randomly triggering on it's own?
I'm this video I'm just trapping a ball and I'm accumulating letters for mystery award.

Because you own a GNR.

#21477 1 year ago
Quoted from Vespula:

I'm this video I'm just trapping a ball and I'm accumulating letters for mystery award.

One of your GnR logo switches around the PF is triggering when it shouldn't. Put the game in switch test mode and smack the playfield to see if one is triggering from vibration. You can also look at the history and see what switch is triggering over and over after your right flipper was held up. Should be a whole bunch in a row.

#21478 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

One of your GnR logo switches around the PF is triggering when it shouldn't. Put the game in switch test mode and smack the playfield to see if one is triggering from vibration. You can also look at the history and see what switch is triggering over and over after your right flipper was held up. Should be a whole bunch in a row.

Thanks! I'll get right on that...
I am now wondering what might be the fix when I find it.

#21479 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Okay so I launched the first ball held it on the right flipper right away. Got a letter and then game said drums qualified! I didn't touch anything on the play field. More mystery award letters earned for trapping and i opened the coin door to get history...

It says left flipper as bunch even though I was holding the right flipper.. are those entries supposed to be there?
But I see in there right ramp made sensor twice so I guess that's why the drum qualified And it's that little sensor in between the drumsticks?

Here's history

20220504_214016 (resized).jpg20220504_214016 (resized).jpg

#21480 1 year ago
Quoted from Vespula:

Okay so I launched the first ball held it on the right flipper Got a letter and said drums qualified I didn't touch anything on the play field.
It says left flipper as bunch even though I was holding the right flipper.. are those entries supposed to be there?
But I see in there right ramp made sensor twice so I guess that's why the drum qualified And it's that little sensor in between the drumsticks?
Here's history
[quoted image]

Is the right ramp made switch the bullseye target? Dunno offhand...

#21481 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Is the right ramp made switch the bullseye target? Dunno offhand...

Nope it is the sensor in between the drum sticks. I went into the single switch... went down to switch 57 labeled right ramp made sensor and it's flashing green on the map on sensor between the drumsticks.

Wonder why the heck that thing's firing off?
Does that sensor earn a letter on mystery?

20220504_220003 (resized).jpg20220504_220003 (resized).jpg

I'll play around more tomorrow. If anyone has any thoughts I'm all ears.

#21482 1 year ago
Quoted from Vespula:

Nope it is the sensor in between the drum sticks. I went into the single switch... went down to switch 57 labeled right ramp made sensor and it's flashing green on the map on sensor between the drumsticks.
Wonder why the heck that thing's firing off?
Does that sensor earn a letter on mystery?
[quoted image]
I'll play around more tomorrow. If anyone has any thoughts I'm all ears.

Has the mylar wrapped around the sticks come loose (as is it known to do) and maybe is causing the switch to trigger? So does smacking the playfield firmly with your open hand cause the switch to fire?

#21483 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Has the mylar wrapped around the sticks come loose (as is it known to do) and maybe is causing the switch to trigger? So does smacking the playfield firmly with your open hand cause the switch to fire?

Mylar definitely loose underneath. I think everyone's is.

But this is a proximity (opto?) type sensor I believe and it's mounted under and in-between the sticks and "looking" up towards the glass waiting for a rolling ball across the sticks. I can put my finger over it not even touching the sticks and it senses my finger. Not sure how mylar under the sticks would affect this sensor.

Smacking doesn't seem to trigger it consistently, once a ball is launched, I can grab the ball or cradle and it will fire randomly and periodically with no motion and just sitting there doing nothing.
If I'm snacking anything and the letter is awarded it seems like coincidence because it doesn't it randomly

#21484 1 year ago
Quoted from Vespula:

Mylar definitely loose underneath. I think everyone's is.
But this is a proximity (opto?) type sensor I believe and it's mounted under and in-between the sticks and "looking" up towards the glass waiting for a rolling ball across the sticks. I can put my finger over it not even touching the sticks and it senses my finger. Not sure how mylar under the sticks would affect this sensor.
Smacking doesn't seem to trigger it consistently, once a ball is launched, I can grab the ball or cradle and it will fire randomly and periodically with no motion and just sitting there doing nothing.
If I'm snacking anything and the letter is awarded it seems like coincidence because it doesn't it randomly

Did you check the connectors underneath? Maybe the connector for that sensor is wiggling slightly inside the connector housing, causing it to trigger?

#21485 1 year ago
Quoted from Dantesmark:

Because you own a GNR.

Touché……

#21486 1 year ago

For those of you familiar with my GNR flipper toppers (https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/118405), I have a new matching 3D printed shooter plate. Price is $20 including US postage, so please PM me if interested in purchasing.

GNR (resized).jpgGNR (resized).jpg
#21487 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Did you check the connectors underneath? Maybe the connector for that sensor is wiggling slightly inside the connector housing, causing it to trigger?

Checked with JJP support via web form this morning... Few hours later Steve emailed me to clean the opto sensor with alcohol and check j201 behind the monitor.. green wires on board, top, far right. Pin 9 in that strip goes to sensor #57 for right ramp made.

Binding or to much tension can pull on the pin and contribute to this symptom apparently.

Mine was a tight bend and so I unseated it and grabbed a little slack and plugged it back it after making all the wires pretty with a gentle arcs in the wires.

Only had time for one go at the game to try and repro... Couldn't reproduce it so that's a good sign!
I'm putting it through it's paces later but optimistically looks like it might be solved.

Great response from both PinMonk and JJP support. Thanks guys.

EDIT: NOT FIXED...
Got three games in and started during the 2nd and confirmed by the 3rd. Back to support...

#21488 1 year ago
Quoted from Vespula:

Checked with JJP support via web form this morning... Few hours later Steve emailed me to clean the opto sensor with alcohol and check j201 behind the monitor.. green wires on board, top, far right. Pin 9 in that strip goes to sensor #57 for right ramp made.
Binding or to much tension can pull on the pin and contribute to this symptom apparently.
Mine was a tight bend and so I unseated it and grabbed a little slack and plugged it back it after making all the wires pretty with a gentle arcs in the wires.
Only had time for one go at the game to try and repro... Couldn't reproduce it so that's a good sign!
I'm putting it through it's paces later but optimistically looks like it might be solved.
Great response from both PinMonk and JJP support. Thanks guys.

So it sounds like the wire tension loosening the connector pins was probably the issue.

EDIT:

litella-nevermind.giflitella-nevermind.gif
#21489 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

So it sounds like the wire tension loosening the connector pins was probably the issue. .

Don't key post me yet...It started after 3 games again. I got some gremlins in there.

It does seem to trigger when the left ramp diverter goes down each time if you watch the timing on the video of the diverter going down with the ricochet sound.

Steve at JJP is sending me a new sensor.
Guess I'll get my mylar fixed while I'm in there at least..

Anyone removed the drum sticks before? Easy job?

#21490 1 year ago

I'm an idiot .
After getting the patches I wanted , I would always get the microphone for better scoring .
I just figured out it's for the song "better"

#21491 1 year ago
Quoted from screaminr:

I'm an idiot .
After getting the patches I wanted , I would always get the microphone for better scoring .
I just figured out it's for the song "better"

I didn't know what that patch was for until you posted it, so thanks.
Admittedly I am way behind on the patch knowledge, and forget about learning what all 46 (or whatever) of these patches do for the most part.
I got several in memory, but still don't prioritize them over multiballs... I guess I should do BOTH... eventually will get there.

If you feel like it, here are the game cliff notes that I dont read enough. Good to revisit this every now and then: http://tiltforums.com/t/guns-n-roses-jjp-rulesheet/6803

#21492 1 year ago

Potential bug fix ?
If you have one or more balls locked and let the timer run down , to choose a song ,
Does it release one ball .
Mine does .
Next time if you have some balls locked , wait until the 17 second Mark and see if it will release one ball .
Just curious if it's just my machine .

#21493 1 year ago
Quoted from screaminr:

Potential bug fix ?
If you have one or more balls locked and let the timer run down , to choose a song ,
Does it release one ball .
Mine does .
Next time if you have some balls locked , wait until the 17 second Mark and see if it will release one ball .
Just curious if it's just my machine .

I think the fix for this is drinking faster. Song selection always gives me a chance to chug a bit so yea, drink faster

#21494 1 year ago

How long did it take you ship? 45 Minutes? I got it today. Silly fast. I think I'm going to install it tomorrow while the kids nap.

Quoted from deejaypee:

#21495 1 year ago
Quoted from Vespula:

Admittedly I am way behind on the patch knowledge, and forget about learning what all 46 (or whatever) of these patches do for the most part.

Instead of trying to learn them all, I just read through the list and cherry picked the ones that seemed most relevant to boosting scores, songs and etc plus 4 sponsors for extra ball and focus on them. Then I started memorizing how many times I had to hit the action button to get to the next one. So if I took gun first, then 6 hits to fender, 5 hits to Vader and collect Duff right after, and so on.

#21496 1 year ago
Quoted from jalpert:

How long did it take you ship? 45 Minutes? I got it today. Silly fast. I think I'm going to install it tomorrow while the kids nap.

That was just for you! Glad they made it safe and sound and I’m looking forward to hearing what you think. Remember, any issues or questions during installation, give me a shout! My number is on the instruction page. Enjoy!

#21497 1 year ago
Quoted from Ponzie:

Holy crap deejaypee knocked it out of the park with his Hyperlytes...
The photo doesn't do it justice...
My favorite feature from the CE, now on my LE.
Bravo sir and thanks to those who helped perfect it along the way. A painless install.
(Bonus: always nice to support a good dude)
[quoted image]

Are they on during attract mode?

#21498 1 year ago
Quoted from JayLar:

Are they on during attract mode?

They exactly mirror the hot rails, so yes.

#21499 1 year ago
Quoted from Vespula:

They exactly mirror the hot rails, so yes.

And of course, jukebox mode too.

#21500 1 year ago

Just wondering if there has been any code talk for GNR? Are there any indicators that more is coming down the pipeline, or should we consider it basically finished, with maybe some bug cleanup here and there?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pin Monk

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Plantsville, CT
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 210.00
€ 69.00
Pinball Machine
Multiball mods

$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

5,999 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Appleton, WI
$ 60.00
Hardware
Pin Parts

$ 109.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 40.00
Playfield - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 130.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

7,450 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Silverthorne, CO
$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

€ 42.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 10,200.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Ardmore, PA
$ 11,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 28,410 posts in this topic. You are on page 430 of 569.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-jjp-gnr-thread/page/430?hl=dantesmark and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.