pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_4223 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2435.gif
IMG_0331.gif
IMG_2432.gif
IMG_2249 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5614 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

78 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 28,089 posts in this topic. You are on page 42 of 562.
#2051 3 years ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

my SE delivery was just rescheduled to Monday, SADNESS

I’d go pick it up if you can.edit

Looks like I’m the 3rd person to mention that. I rented a Lowe’s truck once for 29 bucks to drive to fedex to pick it up. Couldn’t wait for the wife to get home with the suv and then have to remove car seats and put them back in. Lowe’s or Uhaul are your friend.

#2052 3 years ago
Quoted from estrader:

I’d go pick it up if you can.edit
See I’m the 3rd person to mention that. I rented a Lowe’s truck once for 29 bucks to drive to fedex to pick it up. Could wait for the wife to get home with the suv and then have to remove cars seats and put them back in. Lowe’s or Uhaul are your friend.

I rent uhauls and they are 45 a day with taxes and fees plus 109 per mile on weekends. It adds up quick.

#2053 3 years ago
Quoted from zr11990:

I rent uhauls and they are 45 a day with taxes and fees plus 109 per mile on weekends. It adds up quick.

Even better I’m sure there’s a discount code you could pm him. Lol

#2054 3 years ago
Quoted from estrader:

Even better I’m sure there’s a discount code you could pm him. Lol

LOL, I just asked the area supervisor and he said that no one gets a discount unless he OKs it. He wouldn't give me a code. I actually make about 2k a year renting these stupid trucks. I bought a giant aquarium with the free cash.

#2055 3 years ago
Quoted from Shmilder:

So your running an external sub along with the pin woofer kit?

Just. No.

#2057 3 years ago

Thanks for posting this Sako, I heard from my cousin part of that in the 90’s.... 1/4 of century after I read the whole story thanks to you man

#2058 3 years ago

Interesting read! I also only knew bits and pieces of the story until now.

#2059 3 years ago

I hate when both sides of cabinet have the same art. Especially on the CE model there is no need to be lazy. Add the semi-naked chick to the right side or something. If the left and right sides of CE art had been different, I’d have given it more consideration. As it is no way.

The pro also suffers the same fate, although maybe expectations for the SE are lower so ok. The LE however has different art on both sides, many different posters are shown. That is a great reason to select the LE and it was one of mine. Unique side images against the red armor backdrop is a win.

#2060 3 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:I hate when both sides of cabinet have the same art. Especially on the CE model there is no need to be lazy. Add the semi-naked chick to the right side or something.

Lol..... that would have been something, a sexual assault scene on a pinball cabinet.......
Having said that, if it did... it’s GnR Appetite selected art and I would have been in regardless, for the CE they maybe should have done the sides different, I love the use of colours......... I still wish I snagged one but still mega happy with the LE

#2061 3 years ago

Music Bomb - sorry

#2062 3 years ago
Quoted from Sako-TRG:

Music Bomb - sorry

Don't be sorry , I love that song .
I first heard it on the young ones as a kid .

#2063 3 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

I hate when both sides of cabinet have the same art. Especially on the CE model there is no need to be lazy. Add the semi-naked chick to the right side or something. If the left and right sides of CE art had been different, I’d have given it more consideration. As it is no way.
The pro also suffers the same fate, although maybe expectations for the SE are lower so ok. The LE however has different art on both sides, many different posters are shown. That is a great reason to select the LE and it was one of mine. Unique side images against the red armor backdrop is a win.

I hate when they are different. I don’t have infinite space to decide which side I want to display, I hate being stuck with the side I don’t like as much. Symmetry please. You can’t see both sides at the same time so I don’t see the benefit.

#2064 3 years ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

I hate when they are different. I don’t have infinite space to decide which side I want to display, I hate being stuck with the side I don’t like as much. Symmetry please. You can’t see both sides at the same time so I don’t see the benefit.

I totally disagree , I'm not trying to make this a hobbit discussion but I love my Hobbit LE and how the Good Guys are on one side , bad guys on the other side .
If you're lucky they will be surrounded and you only get to see the front but if you have room you have the luxury of seeing both sides .

#2065 3 years ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

Huh? More art is better than same art.

#2066 3 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

Don't be sorry , I love that song .
I first heard it on the young ones as a kid .

Ha, I was playing that earlier before I posted the official version ..... when they did the episode for University Challenge. Loved the bit where he eats the doughnut and sticks his two fingers up to the shop keeper .... also RIP Rick Mayall - gone too soon

#2067 3 years ago

Hobbit LE is JJP’s best example of doing cab art justice with unique sides, and now,we have GNRLE. JJP did this on all WOZ versions and should have tried it on Wonka CE, but missed that opportunity. JP premium is my favorite Stern title with this. It joins SWLE. Spooky has ACNC and R&M.

Anyways nicoy3k must not have seen MezelMods new game room kit for those with limited space at home.

075233F9-C65B-47CF-935D-3CBF1F421FF1.gif075233F9-C65B-47CF-935D-3CBF1F421FF1.gif

#2068 3 years ago
Quoted from Sako-TRG:

Ha, I was playing that earlier before I posted the official version ..... when they did the episode for University Challenge. Loved the bit where he eats the doughnut and sticks his two fingers up to the shop keeper .... also RIP Rick Mayall - gone too soon

Yeah , Rick died of heart attack while jogging .
University Challenge is great , I liked it when Vivien has his head chopped off and he's kicking it along the railroad .

#2069 3 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

Huh? More art is better than same art.

Not when you’re OCD and can only display one side

#2070 3 years ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

Not when you’re OCD and can only display one side

That doesn't make sense , if you have one machine you can see both sides , if you have two machines you can pick which side you want , if you have three or more machines at least one will be sandwiched .

#2071 3 years ago

Definitely enjoy seeing machines with different art on each side. Woz and hobbit nailed it. Star Wars and JP did it great too. I passed on the CE because I like the art and back glass better on the LE I ordered. I do like the CE colors though. That purple is beautiful.

#2072 3 years ago
Quoted from konghusker:

Definitely enjoy seeing machines with different art on each side. Woz and hobbit nailed it. Star Wars and JP did it great too. I passed on the CE because I like the art and back glass better on the LE I ordered. I do like the CE colors though. That purple is beautiful.

IF the CE came with this art package I would have definitely found the extra dollars to get one .

#2073 3 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

IF the CE came with this art package I would have definitely found the extra dollars to get one .[quoted image]

You know how loud the snowflakes would bitch?

#2074 3 years ago

Doing the same for my JP Premium and my GnR LE...
Just need them both to show up!!

Quoted from punkin:

Convinced me, ordering the full pinwoofer today.

#2075 3 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

That doesn't make sense , if you have one machine you can see both sides , if you have two machines you can pick which side you want , if you have three or more machines at least one will be sandwiched .

I like not having to choose an art side

#2076 3 years ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

I totally understand and that's your opinion and you're more than entitled to it .
Personally , I like having the two sides and it doesn't cost you any extra

#2077 3 years ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

The GNR SE is for you. Start a game and peer to the right, peer to the left and plunge your balls.

#2078 3 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

Personally , I like having the two sides and it doesn't cost you any extra

One obvious thing too, designers only spend the time to use unique side art when the art is good. So when you find it, chances are the art is pretty good. See my post above for the handful of games this has been tried for. I only went back ten years and was relying on my memory banks.

Of course taste is subjective and there is at least one game with unique art that I don’t care for. But generally it adds to your experience because you have more of something good.

#2079 3 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

One obvious thing too, designers only spend the time to use unique side art when the art is good. So when you find it, chances are the art is pretty good. See my post above for the handful of games this has been tried for. I only went back ten years and was relying on my memory banks.
Of course taste is subjective and there is at least one game with unique art that I don’t care for. But generally it adds to your experience because you have more of something good.

The GnR artwork on the playfield is so good does it matter that much?

#2080 3 years ago
Quoted from Ponzie:

Doing the same for my JP Premium and my GnR LE...
Just need them both to show up!!

Add pinnovators too if possible

#2081 3 years ago

Spooky's Alice Cooper has different art on each side

#2082 3 years ago

Just had a massive game with 3 large song jackpots. The game is a rush with you get it going!!!

B3DD3875-3095-4271-840B-EC89CE983C2D (resized).jpegB3DD3875-3095-4271-840B-EC89CE983C2D (resized).jpeg

#2083 3 years ago

For the guys the have the pin already can someone tell me the depth of the back box? Is it the same as wonka? My wonka is like 6 inches deeper than my sterns and it limits me to where I can place them. I should have my SE on Monday and want to rearrange now.

Thanks in advance

#2084 3 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

Just had a massive game with 3 large song jackpots. The game is a rush with you get it going!!!
[quoted image]

Congrats. I can never cash out. Just want to stay in song. Having said that the jackpots haven't been massive.

#2085 3 years ago
Quoted from SpinnerAddict:

For the guys the have the pin already can someone tell me the depth of the back box? Is it the same as wonka? My wonka is like 6 inches deeper than my sterns and it limits me to where I can place them. I should have my SE on Monday and want to rearrange now.
Thanks in advance

Same as Wonka and all JJP games.

#2086 3 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

[quoted image]

Awesome score!! My best so far is just shy of 20 million.

#2087 3 years ago
Quoted from CoolCatPinball:

Awesome score!! My best so far is just shy of 20 million.

Thanks. My GC was around 26 when I got this one. Super fun.

#2088 3 years ago
Quoted from Sako-TRG:

Music Bomb - sorry

Well it was not too far away from being off topic

Screen Shot 11-01-20 at 05.25 PM 002 (resized).PNGScreen Shot 11-01-20 at 05.25 PM 002 (resized).PNG
#2089 3 years ago

SE in the house! Time to put some plays on it

33B0CA0A-EC2D-43E3-B15D-4F3B18E73E92 (resized).jpeg33B0CA0A-EC2D-43E3-B15D-4F3B18E73E92 (resized).jpeg
#2093 3 years ago

How many machines do you think have been produced so far?

#2094 3 years ago

#2095 3 years ago

blah my game is still in PA and isn't gonna get here till tomorrow. Not the best day to get a new game. First world problems right?

#2096 3 years ago

I honestly think this may be close to the truth, I think they realized something is wrong and may have tried to salvage what they sent out already, but since the distros haven't heard anything, lends me to believe they stopped the line

#2097 3 years ago

I went thru my SE and see no issues (but I didnt remove the black washers on the slings) Had a coupe adjustments out of the box. upper right eos switch threw an error on bootup (just a small adjustment) and the flippers were not aligned properly (raised too high) another small adjustment. Games been playing great since. So far im enjoying the speed and flow of the SE. Light shows are still awesome in my opinion.

#2098 3 years ago

Damn that is a good looking game.

#2099 3 years ago
Quoted from fooflighter:

I honestly think this may be close to the truth, I think they realized something is wrong and may have tried to salvage what they sent out already, but since the distros haven't heard anything, lends me to believe they stopped the line

Nope

#2100 3 years ago

All ears then, speculation is the only resource I have as there is NO comm otherwise from official source. I am super excited for the game and just want it to be great. Every pic of damage detracts from that excitement though, and right now, I seriously hope my LE on order is delayed until there is a real fix, that's backwards, I shoud be counting the days...now every post I see about how great the game is with promo on Facebook etc brings me back to the playfield issue.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn
Decorations
$ 49.99
$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints
Tools
Flipper Parts
FlipMods
Flipper parts
$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer
Sound/Speakers
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Tulsa, OK
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
Electronics
Skillshot Combo
Electronics
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Side Gig Studios
Other
€ 69.00
Pinball Machine
Multiball mods
Pinball Machine
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
$ 100.00
Boards
Led Pinball
Boards
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball
Decorations
$ 10,200.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place
Pinball Machine
$ 6.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
$ 210.00
Flipper Parts
Pin Monk
Flipper parts
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
€ 42.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 100.00
Electronics
Led Pinball
Electronics
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 649.95
Lighting - Interactive
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Interactive
There are 28,089 posts in this topic. You are on page 42 of 562.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-jjp-gnr-thread/page/42?hl=nicoy3k and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.