IMG_20240413_155856 (resized).jpg
IMG_1426 (resized).jpeg (© Nutty 5.0)
IMG_2636.gif
IMG_2002 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2003 (resized).jpeg
1C8AE00A-E658-441F-8C85-35F46CC105C1 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3148 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

78 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 28,336 posts in this topic. You are on page 426 of 567.
#21251 2 years ago

Thinking of selling.
10k July 2021 built. Small scratch in side blades between drumsticks and shooter lane lights. Other than that game is in perfect condition. Not a single scratch on cabinet or backbox. Selling to keep my pinball addiction going as i got 3 more coming. Price is firm. 327 lifetime games played.
Located in San Diego California.

20220414_104346 (resized).jpg20220414_104346 (resized).jpg
#21252 2 years ago

is there a full playfield protector for gnr like is availalbe for godzilla ? i would like to better preserve my playfield from dimples longer term and am thinking this is a good thing to do unless there is a better informed opinon .

#21253 2 years ago
Quoted from barroncaliber:

is there a full playfield protector for gnr like is availalbe for godzilla ? i would like to better preserve my playfield from dimples longer term and am thinking this is a good thing to do unless there is a better informed opinon .

Not sure it's really needed on this game. There have been post playfid issues but after 600 plays I can't really see anything I terms of dimples. But, maybe others have a different experience.

#21254 2 years ago

New owner question.

I just picked up this game last weekend and am in the process of getting it dialed in. I had to adjust the scoop a bit to get it from firing STDM, but I could use some help with a couple of adjustments.

1. A high percentage of plunge / auto plunge shots fall straight down the middle after they exit the skill shot lane. I have tried adjusting the one way gate angle a bit with little success in improving the situation.

2. The left lane of the guitar ball lock also has a tendency to drop the ball straight down the middle on release.

Any help is greatly appreicated.

#21255 2 years ago
Quoted from DinoBob:

New owner question.
I just picked up this game last weekend and am in the process of getting it dialed in. I had to adjust the scoop a bit to get it from firing STDM, but I could use some help with a couple of adjustments.
1. A high percentage of plunge / auto plunge shots fall straight down the middle after they exit the skill shot lane. I have tried adjusting the one way gate angle a bit with little success in improving the situation.
2. The left lane of the guitar ball lock also has a tendency to drop the ball straight down the middle on release.
Any help is greatly appreicated.

1. I put translucent Titans on all my pins and GnR was no exception, that with the recommended angle from JJP keep them hitting the Right flipper for me consistantly

2. Bend slightly and i do mean slightly the metal guide rail on the left side to the right direction towards the lock pin. It seems counterintuitive but wht you are doing is pushing the ball at rest closer to the angled plastic diverter, which helps to drop the ball with a slight angle to the left and avoid the drain. I installed the Cliffy scoop protector so when I took my guitar neck apart, I was able to really dial this area in with slight pushes and pulls on both left and right guide rails until I could do simultaneous ball drops (when you drain last ball and have 2 or more balls in the lock) and they drop and hit dead center of each flipper at the same time. It's tedious and time consuming, but once you lock it in, it stays put.

#21256 2 years ago

To use the words of a meme that doesnā€™t yet exist, ā€œDimples gonna dimple.ā€

Donā€™t do it. Unless youā€™re some kind of freak, youā€™ll hate the way it plays with a protector.

Dimples are normal. Keep it clean and waxed and play the shit out of it.

#21257 2 years ago
Quoted from Blackjacker:

To use the words of a meme that doesnā€™t yet exist, ā€œDimples gonna dimple.ā€
Donā€™t do it. Unless youā€™re some kind of freak, youā€™ll hate the way it plays with a protector.
Dimples are normal. Keep it clean and waxed and play the shit out of it.

ha ha yea that can be a new meme - too bad they arent called "nipples" . i dont know that i have changed my mind but you guys have persuaded me to think about it . the docs says the dimples will eventually even out . but that seems like what they tell us so we dont complain .

#21258 2 years ago

SDTM Reviews The Game-Changing, Innovative Pinball Machine Guns N Roses By Jersey Jack Pinball + GIVEAWAY

#21259 2 years ago

Dimples donā€™t really show as much as some people think they do, especially under most lighting conditions.

With a PF protector, you risk getting dirt trapped between the PF and the protector, plus it often makes games play differently than intended by design.

To each their own. Personally, I would recommend against a protector and just wax the PF every few hundred plays.

#21260 2 years ago

Yes. There is a full playfield protector available for Gunners. The protector does a good job but will not help with pooling or chipping. A protector is personal choice. If you want one put it on, if not leave it off. We have games with them on and games without them on. They all play the same if you wax them.

#21261 2 years ago

I bought one but never installed it. Happy to find a new home for it if anyone is interested. It is CE version btw which I think will work on LE as well.

#21262 2 years ago
Quoted from fooflighter:

1. I put translucent Titans on all my pins and GnR was no exception, that with the recommended angle from JJP keep them hitting the Right flipper for me consistantly
2. Bend slightly and i do mean slightly the metal guide rail on the left side to the right direction towards the lock pin. It seems counterintuitive but wht you are doing is pushing the ball at rest closer to the angled plastic diverter, which helps to drop the ball with a slight angle to the left and avoid the drain. I installed the Cliffy scoop protector so when I took my guitar neck apart, I was able to really dial this area in with slight pushes and pulls on both left and right guide rails until I could do simultaneous ball drops (when you drain last ball and have 2 or more balls in the lock) and they drop and hit dead center of each flipper at the same time. It's tedious and time consuming, but once you lock it in, it stays put.

Game pitch is confirmed at 6.5. The ball isn't even reaching the flipper rubbers, so I doubt that will address this issue.

#21263 2 years ago

I think you also give up gameplay. The surface is not the same. I personally would stay away from it. Waxing your playfield is your friend for wear. Dimples show you actually play your game

#21264 2 years ago
Quoted from DinoBob:

Game pitch is confirmed at 6.5. The ball isn't even reaching the flipper rubbers, so I doubt that will address this issue.

Sounds like

1, you are not level and leaning to the left slightly

or

2, the left metal shooter guiderail wall needs some adjustment. The left wall is part of the slight angled bend that the ball rolls down out of the shooter lane. Your's may be a little too far over to the right causing the angled part to extend too far upward, giving the ball a ramp to jump to the drain or the angle from the short guide to the wall is tweaked a little too much and may need just a squeeze tro bring it inline with the plastics and provide more of a cliff than a ramp for the ball to drop from...An overhead pic of your machine would be a great help to try and troubleshoot this. Here's a look at mine which hits the right flippper every time

20220416_072959~2 (resized).jpg20220416_072959~2 (resized).jpg20220416_073055~2 (resized).jpg20220416_073055~2 (resized).jpg

#21265 2 years ago
Quoted from DinoBob:

Game pitch is confirmed at 6.5.

Iā€™d maybe increase the pitch a little. But first, double / triple check how level it really is. If the back right is jacked up too high the bottom front could still read level. Mine lands on the right flipper every single time I launch regardless how high up the skill shot lane it goes.

#21266 2 years ago
Quoted from sevenrites:

Iā€™d maybe increase the pitch a little. But first, double / triple check how level it really is. If the back right is jacked up too high the bottom front could still read level. Mine lands on the right flipper every single time I launch regardless how high up the skill shot lane it goes.

triple checked the level and its good. Attached are some photos. Also took a video which can be viewed here:

Thanks everyone for your input and help.

IMG_7126 (resized).JPEGIMG_7126 (resized).JPEGIMG_7127 (resized).JPEGIMG_7127 (resized).JPEGIMG_7128 (resized).JPEGIMG_7128 (resized).JPEG
#21267 2 years ago

Does it still go straight down the middle if you actually perform the plunge skill shot as designed?

#21268 2 years ago

Does it still go straight down the middle if you actually perform the plunge skill shot as designed?</blockquo
Many times, yes.

#21269 2 years ago

Well thats a first tonight. Shot the left ramp to the upper playfield when the diverter was down. There was just a hair not enough juice to get it all the way up. At that moment, the diverter popped up and trapped the ball between the diverter and the left side of the ramp.

Anyone ever see that one?

#21270 2 years ago
Quoted from lemmings418:

Well thats a first tonight. Shot the left ramp to the upper playfield when the diverter was down. There was just a hair not enough juice to get it all the way up. At that moment, the diverter popped up and trapped the ball between the diverter and the left side of the ramp.

Nope, but the other day I went up the same left ramp and hit the diverter and the ball perfectly popped up and over the ramp return landing in the first spot into the guitar lock. Nothin' but net. It didn't even touch the glass. I felt like Steph Curry.

#21271 2 years ago
Quoted from Vespula:

Nope, but the other day I went up the same left ramp and hit the diverter and the ball perfectly popped up and over the ramp return landing in the first spot into the guitar lock. Nothin' but net. It didn't even touch the glass. I felt like Steph Curry.

That needs a "you cheat, Dr. Jones" or "Dirty Pool" type callout (or maybe a more guns-appropriate band member "F'n rad") from pinball_keefer when the guitar lock activates when the neck entrance switch hadn't activated so the game knows the ball flew in (or you have a bad switch).

#21272 2 years ago

Ok, added a small piece of felt to the ball guide. Its slowing the ball down, resulting in balls exiting from the skill shot to land on the right flipper.

IMG_7133 (resized).jpegIMG_7133 (resized).jpeg

#21273 2 years ago
Quoted from lemmings418:

Yes indeed, happened here a few weeks ago, thankfully a ball search fixed itā€¦.

#21274 2 years ago

I've been playing a bit over the Easter break , I noticed sometimes I get two letters for a patch and then as I'm playing I lose them , anyone know what's going on ?

#21275 2 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

I've been playing a bit over the Easter break , I noticed sometimes I get two letters for a patch and then as I'm playing I lose them , anyone know what's going on ?

You rotated them over to one of the other inlanes lanes where they were completed. As you press the flippers watch the inlane lights. It was confusing to me at first, too.

#21276 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

You rotated them over to one of the other inlanes lanes where they were completed. As you press the flippers watch the inlane lights. It was confusing to me at first, too.

Thanks , I'll try to pay more attention to that part of the game .

#21277 2 years ago

I definitely try and select AMP Lane to burn through my allotted turn it up multi-balls.

Selecting GNR lane for collecting letters G-N-R of course is how you add to your patch collection. Key to know it's GNR lane has to be selected/lit just before you drain on the upper playfield if you want to collect the next letter towards a patch that way.

The a-ha light bulb for this concept of choosing between the inlanes via the flipper selection during the game was a cool moment for me.

I never focus on JAM lane because without trying I usually end up getting the band all on stage and starting the song faster than I want anyway. It's my understanding that jam lane just lights up jam target and when you hit it awards between 1 - 6 members which qualifying band members isn't something I'm having a problem.
Is there more to this jam inlane or something about the jam lane usage I'm missing here?

#21278 2 years ago
Quoted from DinoBob:

Ok, added a small piece of felt to the ball guide. Its slowing the ball down, resulting in balls exiting from the skill shot to land on the right flipper.
[quoted image]

That looks like a good fix ..you might have a little bit steeper play field angle than I do because my ball always seems to rattle a little bit coming out of the hole and go it never consistently rolls out like yours does so smoothly..That and I get a little bit of action off the Titan competition silicone

#21279 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

I spent a bit of time just concentrating on the outlines , I think I finally figured it out but when I have to think a shot ahead , I loose so many balls thinking about it .
But the best thing happened , I held a ball on the upper Playfield and I also held a ball on the lower right flipper , I went to lock a ball , and both balls and ended up going in the lock , one of the best shots ever in pinball .

#21280 2 years ago
Quoted from DinoBob:

Glad you got a solution figured out that works! That issue would have driven me to the brink of insanity.

#21281 2 years ago

My right spotlight won't go up and down. What's my best bet to fix that??? Thank you

#21282 2 years ago
Quoted from Anubis330:

My right spotlight won't go up and down. What's my best bet to fix that??? Thank you

Most likely the servomotor gave out. i have replaced mine over the past year. Another option is that one of the plastic linkages has broken.

#21283 2 years ago

Yup
I'd carefully check the linkages in the assembly manually to make sure they move freely up and down. At that point if they work I'd just order and replace both the servos with the emax.

#21284 2 years ago
Quoted from Anubis330:

I would check the simplest thing first. Make sure the screw holding the servo has not come loose.

#21285 2 years ago

Hi guys,
I got a gnr le, i ve noticed on my left flipper, when the ball transition from the guide to the flipper it always do a small bump and it gets difficult to shoot onthe fly because of this.
This does not happen on the right flipper and the ball transition from guide to flipper is really smooth.
Is there a way to adjust this?
I ve put new rubbers on both flippers but it makes no difference at all

Thanks guys

#21286 2 years ago
Quoted from skwal:

Hi guys,
I got a gnr le, i ve noticed on my left flipper, when the ball transition from the guide to the flipper it always do a small bump and it gets difficult to shoot onthe fly because of this.
This does not happen on the right flipper and the ball transition from guide to flipper is really smooth.
Thanks guys

You may want to angle the flipper down so it runs parallel to the ball guide. Also, check the guide to see if itā€™s sitting below the flipper and causing the ball to hit the flipperā€™s ā€œknuckle.ā€

#21287 2 years ago
Quoted from skwal:

Hi guys,
Thanks guys

Also check under the playfield to make sure screws aren't loose or missing.

#21288 2 years ago

The new Thor trailer is out and I think everyone here will like the music.

#21289 2 years ago

Know what else JJP GNR is #1 at? Most active Pinside club thread with over 21k posts. Sternā€™s Metallica appears to come closest with 19k+. BM66 and Rick and Morty 17k+, same as JJP POTC.

Impressive, considering how new it is.

Just did a quick glance so I may have missed something.

#21290 2 years ago

I just noticed my left flipper seems to have slighly more angle than the right one.
Can we adjust the angle? did anyone done it here?

#21291 2 years ago
Quoted from skwal:

I just noticed my left flipper seems to have slighly more angle than the right one.
Can we adjust the angle? did anyone done it here?

Usually the left flipper has been pointed up a bit to help with a backhand of the left ramp.

You can adjust them from underneath the playfield. I actually just had to do this (for my first time ever) as I think my left flipper is slowly dying.

It's not an easy thing to get to. And it's not an easy thing to line up. But be patient, grab a beer, and if you have any mechanical skill (can you use a ratchet?) Then you should be able to line it up.

Using a straight edge on the lane guide is a big help also. You'll want to loosen it just enough so you can move the flipper without it moving all over after you let go.

#21292 2 years ago
Quoted from skwal:

Hi guys,
Thanks guys

Aligning your flipper will also help with this as well.

#21293 2 years ago
Quoted from DinoBob:

[quoted image]

Thatā€™s what I did about a year ago and it works pretty well.

#21294 2 years ago
Quoted from Ecw0930:

Usually the left flipper has been pointed up a bit to help with a backhand of the left ramp.
You can adjust them from underneath the playfield. I actually just had to do this (for my first time ever) as I think my left flipper is slowly dying.
It's not an easy thing to get to. And it's not an easy thing to line up. But be patient, grab a beer, and if you have any mechanical skill (can you use a ratchet?) Then you should be able to line it up.
Using a straight edge on the lane guide is a big help also. You'll want to loosen it just enough so you can move the flipper without it moving all over after you let go.

How do you adjust the flipper angle? i see 3 screews from under the playfield holding the flipper in position. could you show me what to adjust?

#21295 2 years ago
Quoted from skwal:

How do you adjust the flipper angle? i see 3 screews from under the playfield holding the flipper in position. could you show me what to adjust?

There is a pole coming down from the flipper and a clamp on that. The nut is on the backside that you need to loosen. Just enough to be able to turn the flipper by hand firmly.

I didn't take any pics when I did it. I'm sure there are some YouTube videos.

The nut is a pain to get to but with "a little patience" you'll be able to get it. The nut is a 7 or 8 mm I think.

#21296 2 years ago
Quoted from Ecw0930:

I think my left flipper is slowly dying.

What are the symptoms causing you to think this?

#21297 2 years ago
Quoted from Ecw0930:

There is a pole coming down from the flipper and a clamp on that. The nut is on the backside that you need to loosen. Just enough to be able to turn the flipper by hand firmly.
I didn't take any pics when I did it. I'm sure there are some YouTube videos.
The nut is a pain to get to but with "a little patience" you'll be able to get it. The nut is a 7 or 8 mm I think.

Sorry for the elementary drawing:

Flipper Nut (resized).pngFlipper Nut (resized).png
#21298 2 years ago

Very helpful, key post for adjusting flippers.

Also, wondering if spring #7 could be contributing to a sloppy / weak flipper? They sure seem to be very weak / small and lose tension over time, no?
Symptoms might be a weak flipper on snap back or "recoil" ? just speculating and wondering if this is a worthwhile item to replace every 1000 plays or whatever like rubbers? Maybe the tension isnt as important as it just being there...due to selenoid doing the work?

And where to get these also if replacement makes sense?

#21299 2 years ago
Quoted from Vespula:

Very helpful, key post for adjusting flippers.
Also, wondering if spring #7 could be contributing to a sloppy / weak flipper? They sure seem to be very weak / small and lose tension over time, no?
Symptoms might be a weak flipper on snap back or "recoil" ? just speculating and wondering if this is a worthwhile item to replace every 1000 plays or whatever like rubbers? Maybe the tension isnt as important as it just being there...due to selenoid doing the work?
And where to get these also if replacement makes sense?

I have the exact same thoughts, my right flipper spring definitely doesn't have the snap back. I just purchased the Stern flipper springs, on my current Stern machines they really have good tension...had other purchases to make so I thought why not try it.

"Pinballlife.com" Sega/Stern Flipper Extension Spring (265-5035-00)

#21300 2 years ago

I was having an issue with my left flipper a while back where it wasn't snapping back into place, i ordered some replacement springs, that didn't fix it and just wound up doing a full flipper replacement which fixed my issue.

Link to springs i ordered - https://www.pinballlife.com/williamsbally-flipper-extension-spring.html.
Here is the kit i ordered if interested in doing full replacement, was the first time i ever did a replacement of all the parts and was able to do it without issue in about 20 minutes, was very simple.

https://www.pinballlife.com/flipper-rebuild-kit-williamsbally-081993-101998-spooky-2014-present-jjp-2012-present.html
I also ordered some extra sleeves and coil stops just in case. All pretty inexpensive items.

If you need only specific items go to https://marketing.jerseyjackpinball.com/gnr/GNR_Manual_May2021.pdf and page 121/122, all flipper part numbers are listed, you can search pinball life website by the part number, they have most parts.

One other useful item to make sure the flipper has the right spacing between the playfield - https://www.pinballlife.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=PBL-300-0162-00&Category_Code=

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Appleton, WI
$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 11,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pin Monk

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Machine - For Sale
Boston, MA
$ 24.75
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 130.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

8,249 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Temple, TX
$ 11,000.00
ā‚¬ 42.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 10,200.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 210.00
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 109.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 19.95
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

There are 28,336 posts in this topic. You are on page 426 of 567.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-jjp-gnr-thread/page/426 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.