IMG_2676.gif
IMG_0960 (resized).jpeg
image1 (resized).jpeg
image0 (resized).jpeg
GnRAllenWrenchMod (resized).jpg
200w.gif
IMG_2222 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

78 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 28,410 posts in this topic. You are on page 425 of 569.
#21201 2 years ago

Hi,
Who is able to tell me the exact connector type / reference for the Topper connector within the backbox ?
Thank you !

#21202 2 years ago

Hi All, I need to order a replacement backbox LED strip and the decal on the backboard for my GNR LE. I submitted a support request with JJP a month ago and never received a response other than the e-mail below. Calling their phone number and selecting option 2 always goes to voicemail. I left a detailed voicemail and never received a call back. How do you all order parts from this company? If anyone here has those parts in their spare bin, I'll buy them from you.

Thank you for your request. Please allow our technicians to read through your issues so we can respond accordingly. If you have further questions, you can call us at (630) 830-5225 and select option 2 for tech support.

#21203 2 years ago
Quoted from darkryder:

Hi All, I need to order a replacement backbox LED strip and the decal on the backboard for my GNR LE. I submitted a support request with JJP a month ago and never received a response other than the e-mail below. Calling their phone number and selecting option 2 always goes to voicemail. I left a detailed voicemail and never received a call back. How do you all order parts from this company? If anyone here has those parts in their spare bin, I'll buy them from you.
Thank you for your request. Please allow our technicians to read through your issues so we can respond accordingly. If you have further questions, you can call us at (630) 830-5225 and select option 2 for tech support.

I can help you with the backbox strip. Pm me

#21204 2 years ago
Quoted from darkryder:

Please submit another ticket and I will take care of it when it comes through.

#21205 2 years ago
Quoted from PghPinballRescue:

Please submit another ticket and I will take care of it when it comes through.

Wonderful, thank you. Doing so now.

#21207 2 years ago
Quoted from barroncaliber:

has anyone reading added the pinwoofer kit to gnr ? i'm getting started in case there are any tips . sounds like sh!7 now .

I'm more curious as to who has NOT added the pinwoofer kit to GnR... <crickets>

If you want to know if it will make your GNR sound better then sh!7 ... the answer is yes.

#21208 2 years ago
Quoted from PghPinballRescue:

This is exactly the same behavior I had with Unetbootin the last couple of updates I did on various machines.
Rufus should get you back up and running.

Tech support engineers feel the hard drive has failed

I will post photos below for reference .

When it first boots it comes to this screen in pic 1 .

Then it automatically moves on its own after a few seconds to the photo in step 2 then doesn’t advance any further .

44E6298E-32F3-4769-9924-47FD759CF0E0 (resized).jpeg44E6298E-32F3-4769-9924-47FD759CF0E0 (resized).jpegF140EF55-701B-4B17-AE4E-9EBC1C8CA236 (resized).jpegF140EF55-701B-4B17-AE4E-9EBC1C8CA236 (resized).jpeg
#21209 2 years ago
Quoted from Localspeedshop:

Then it automatically moves on its own after a few seconds to the photo in step 2 then doesn’t advance any further . [quoted image][quoted image]

Did you check connections on the drive and computer board to make sure it's not a loose/disconnected cable?

#21210 2 years ago

Then it automatically moves on its own after a few seconds to the photo in step 2 then doesn’t advance any further . [quoted image][quoted image]

Are they using SSD I hope?

#21211 2 years ago
Quoted from glpinball:

Yeah, they use SSDs.

#21212 2 years ago
Quoted from Vespula:

If you want to know if it will make your GNR sound better then sh!7 ... the answer is yes.

I haven’t…but I have it hooked up to a power sub.

#21213 2 years ago
Quoted from Wildbill327:

I haven’t…but I have it hooked up to a power sub.

I've been contemplating adding a sub to my pinwoofer... In my mind I want something reasonable in price and size. I want to hear it but not see it

#21214 2 years ago
Quoted from Vespula:

I've been contemplating adding a sub to my pinwoofer... In my mind I want something reasonable in price and size. I want to hear it but not see it

I went with a Polk Audio PSW10 and I think it made a big difference in the sound. It’s not completely out of sight but it fits perfectly underneath the machine.

#21215 2 years ago
Quoted from Wildbill327:

I went with a Polk Audio PSW10 and I think it made a big difference in the sound. It’s not completely out of sight but it fits perfectly underneath the machine.

I’m in the same boat as Will. Just external sub. Huge improvement. No idea if adding pinwoofer on top of that is worth the investment or not but I’m happy with the sound I get with the external sub.

#21216 2 years ago
Quoted from Xelz:

I’ll apply Mylar over the wings, see if that keeps them from lifting over time. At least it can’t hurt.

Quoted from Xelz:

What’s the consensus on installing Cliffy’s scoop protector vs. keeping the OEM part?

Not sure why you wouldn’t just get the Cliffy. It works great and with the “quick” install technique it’s like a 45 minute job.

#21217 2 years ago
Quoted from Vespula:

HOLY FREAKING SH!7 !!! everything is so clean and it gets FREAKING LOUD . i'm calling in sick tomorrow !!!

#21218 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Did you check connections on the drive and computer board to make sure it's not a loose/disconnected cable?

Yes sir did that first before moving forward with anything else.

#21219 2 years ago
Quoted from glpinball:

Yes it’s an ssd drive in there Kingston 120gb

#21220 2 years ago

Yes sir did that first before moving forward with anything else.

If it's warranty, it's free.

If it's not, fortunately smaller SSDs are dirt cheap you can get 120gig Kingstons for around $20 now. 240gb for around $30. Plug it in and do a clean install from usb that should get you up and running.

#21221 2 years ago
Quoted from Wildbill327:

Thanks to you and to Eskaybee
Just ordered one from polkaudio.com for $149 shipped.

Do I need anything special to jack it in to my PinWoofer GT ? It's has line level output according to the website . Looks like from pictures it's maybe 1/8 inch output to stereo RCA cable needed.
Screenshot_20220412-203850_Chrome (resized).jpgScreenshot_20220412-203850_Chrome (resized).jpg

Screenshot_20220412-204143_Chrome (resized).jpgScreenshot_20220412-204143_Chrome (resized).jpg
#21222 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

If it's warranty, it's free.
If it's not, fortunately smaller SSDs are dirt cheap you can get 120gig Kingstons for around $20 now. 240gb for around $30. Plug it in and do a clean install from usb that should get you up and running.

Yes that’s tomorrow’s plan ! Have my usb ready and will have a fresh drive ready .

It’s not under warranty.. do you know if it should be formatted for any file type ?

#21223 2 years ago

Yes that’s tomorrow’s plan ! Have my usb ready and will have a fresh drive ready .
It’s not under warranty.. do you know if it should be formatted for any file type ?

I think putting the image on the drive does all the work.

#21224 2 years ago

Progress on the right spotlight issue!!

I have GOOD news. The right spotlight now works!!  But there is still a mystery still to solve!!!

The reason JJP Support and myself had trouble tracking down the issue was due to there being TWO issues at the same time.

The first, my right spotlight servo assembly is not working properly. It has issues. It has been replaced in the game now with the one JJP sent instead of it being on the test stand for the past week.

Secondly:

The horizontal servo (Left/Right) is on the WHITE striped wires. NOT the yellow ones.
The vertical servo (Up/Down) in on the YELLOW striped wires. Not the white ones.

The exact opposite of what has been shared in this post  

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-jjp-gnr-thread/page/419#post-6849021

So either my harness is wired wrong, or the docs are wrong.

If anyone has easy access to the right spotlight servo wiring, can you let me know which servo is plugged into what wires

I will check the servo harness I have in the game with the one JJP sent for testing tomorrow.

BTW, through all of this, Brian in support has been AWESOME!

I don't mind if there are issues. How a company responds to those issues is what counts for me (not meant to fire up a playfield issues dialogue).

Thanks.

#21225 2 years ago

@vespula, contact Dan at Pinwoofer he’s awesome he will have all the answers you need and will help dial in the new sub settings as well.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#21226 2 years ago
Quoted from Vespula:

Thanks to you and to Eskaybee
Just ordered one from polkaudio.com for $149 shipped.
Do I need anything special to jack it in to my PinWoofer GT ? It's has line level output according to the website . Looks like from pictures it's maybe 1/8 inch output to stereo RCA cable needed.
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

Cool man you’re going to rock out for sure . Sorry man but I can’t help you with your question about the pinwoofer question since I’m not familiar with that system.

#21227 2 years ago

HOLY FREAKING SH!7 !!! everything is so clean and it gets FREAKING LOUD . i'm calling in sick tomorrow !!!

I'm very satisfied with my Pinwoofer KO kit. At first I was a bit underwelmed but after taking some time to tune it in the sound is really awesome. Love the pin.

#21228 2 years ago
Quoted from Eagle14:

Have an issue with my left flipper. It seems to have ceased up and won't move by hand. Looks like its killed itself. The coilstop was very loose too. All the coils at the bottom of the playfield have stopped working also (right flipper, kickout etc). What do I need to replace and should I be concerned that the other coils aren't working? The game only has 10 games on it when this happened.
[quoted image]

So I have replaced the coil and fuse but as soon as turn on the game and close the coin door the flipper coil immediately fires and doesn't stop. Obviously this is how the original coil burnt out. Any ideas on what steps I should take next to diagnose or fix this issue?

#21229 2 years ago
Quoted from Eagle14:

So I have replaced the coil and fuse but as soon as turn on the game and close the coin door the flipper coil immediately fires and doesn't stop. Obviously this is how the original coil burnt out. Any ideas on what steps I should take next to diagnose or fix this issue?

I am assuming you have checked the flipper switch to make sure it is not stuck on.

Talk to Paul. It sounds like you may have blown a transistor on the driver board for the left flipper.

Good luck.

#21230 2 years ago
Quoted from Eagle14:

Sounds like you blew the transistor. Do you have a multimeter and soldering iron?

The two IRL540 transistors that drive the left flipper coil full power and hold are Q317 and Q318 on the large I/O board below the silver computer box behind the backglass.

#21231 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Sounds like you blew the transistor. Do you have a multimeter and soldering iron?
The two IRL540 transistors are Q317 and Q318 on the large I/O board below the silver computer box behind the backglass.

I have a soldering iron, but not a multimeter. Where is the best place to get the transistors?

#21232 2 years ago
Quoted from pinballaddicted:

I am assuming you have checked the flipper switch to make sure it is not stuck on.
Talk to Paul. It sounds like you may have blown a transistor on the driver board for the left flipper.
Good luck.

Paul is useless mate, his after sales support is none existent. Apparently you have to keep your JJP pinball forever else he cracks the shits and doesn't want to deal with you ever again.

#21233 2 years ago
Quoted from Eagle14:

I have a soldering iron, but not a multimeter. Where is the best place to get the transistors?

Pinball parts has them, but they seem super-expensive:
https://www.pinballspareparts.com.au/catalogsearch/result/?q=IRL540

Element14 doesn't have the right package version on stock. Jaycar has the wrong kind (IRF540).

Looks like RS has them for about $3.50AU each (double check the specs on this one):
https://au.rs-online.com/web/p/mosfets/1808780

The IRL540 is a common variety MOSFET, so any electronics store should have them.

Even if you get a cheap $30 or $40 multimeter, it will be important to have on hand. Without it you'll have no way to know which of the two transistors is the one that blew (locked on, I assume).

#21234 2 years ago
Quoted from Eagle14:

Paul is useless mate, his after sales support is none existent. Apparently you have to keep your JJP pinball forever else he cracks the shits and doesn't want to deal with you ever again.

That is a shame. The game is new and should be covered under warranty. We have had a lot of issues with our Gunners too.

PinMonk is a gun and really knows his way around the game. He has given you all the onfo you need to fix it.

Killer collection mate!

#21235 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Pinball parts has them, but they seem super-expensive:
https://www.pinballspareparts.com.au/catalogsearch/result/?q=IRL540
Element14 doesn't have the right package version on stock. Jaycar has the wrong kind (IRF540).
Looks like RS has them for about $3.50AU each (double check the specs on this one):
https://au.rs-online.com/web/p/mosfets/1808780
The IRL540 is a common variety MOSFET, so any electronics store should have them.
Even if you get a cheap $30 or $40 multimeter, it will be important to have on hand. Without it you'll have no way to know which of the two transistors is the one that blew (locked on, I assume).

Awesome, will get some ordered and get some practice soldering thanks for your help!!

#21236 2 years ago
Quoted from adrock:

Not sure why you wouldn’t just get the Cliffy. It works great and with the “quick” install technique it’s like a 45 minute job.

I have the Cliffy (and plan to install the other Cliffy protectors elsewhere). There have been reports of Cliffy’s scoop protector edges lifting on GNR, hence the question.

#21237 2 years ago
Quoted from Eagle14:

I've had the total opposite experience .
Paul has been brilliant and has gone above and beyond for me .
I can't speak highly enough for him .

#21238 2 years ago
Quoted from Xelz:

I have the Cliffy (and plan to install the other Cliffy protectors elsewhere). There have been reports of Cliffy’s scoop protector edges lifting on GNR, hence the question.

I've had two cliffys fail/lift up within the scoop. Not sure why, they were installed correctly. Ball hitting the fold seems to straighten it out.

#21239 2 years ago

I finally got my rock topper
It's been a long road with a few bumps along the way . I want to give PinsNJeeps a big shout out for all his help and advice .
I brought the topper as a drunken impulse buy and the next day I thought , have I wasted my money . I have no regrets , the topper is so awesome .
The game already has more atmosphere than you can poke a stick at , but the rock topper takes it to another level .
The way the wiring is in the frame is so cool , I can see why it is so expensive .
The game now feels complete .

IMG20220412195552 (resized).jpgIMG20220412195552 (resized).jpg

#21240 2 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

It's been a long road with a few bumps along the way . I want to give PinsNJeeps a big shout out for all his help and advice .
I brought the topper as a drunken impulse buy and the next day I thought , have I wasted my money . I have no regrets , the topper is so awesome .
The game already has more atmosphere than you can poke a stick at , but the rock topper takes it to another level .
The way the wiring is in the frame is so cool , I can see why it is so expensive .
[quoted image]

By far the best after pinball purchase mod I have made since collecting 20+ years. Simply takes it to another level. JJP should be working with these guys for a real high-end topper for their CE. Something that is game changing. People will pay for it for sure.

#21241 2 years ago
Quoted from iamabearsfan:

By far the best after pinball purchase mod I have made since collecting 20+ years. Simply takes it to another level. JJP should be working with these guys for a real high-end topper for their CE. Something that is game changing. People will pay for it for sure.

It really does add a lot . I really like the JJP topper , especially with the monkey mod but the rock topper is so much more dynamic .
If you're on the fence and have the money I would go for it , especially with them being limited to 200 .
Thanks to deejaypee making the LED strips available , I would go for them at the minimum .
The spotlight start sequence looks so cool with the light going on the back wall.

#21242 2 years ago
Quoted from Vespula:

...Just ordered one from polkaudio.com for $149 shipped. Do I need anything special to jack it in to my PinWoofer GT ? It's has line level output according to the website . Looks like from pictures it's maybe 1/8 inch output to stereo RCA cable needed.

You can simply cable to it (3.5mm TRS to Male RCA), or add the BBU (Bass Boost Unit). Here is what I said about the BBU in a different thread:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-rush-owners-club-1/page/54#post-6825035

Guys continue to re-order them so there is something to the BBU, but I'll leave it to those fanatics to comment about it.

Good times!

#21243 2 years ago

Hey barroncaliber ! Seems you drank the cool-aid and it really makes our day to see the excitement. Have fun with it!

Here is the kit for Guns N' Roses:

https://pinwoofer.com/pinwoofer-jjp-super-kit/

Easy to install, and tech support provided (but rarely needed)!

Thanks,

Dan
https://PinWoofer.com
[email protected]
+1 208-855-0346, 9am - 5pm MST, Mon - Fri

KO (resized).pngKO (resized).png
#21244 2 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

[quoted image]

That looks incredible! Where do you get those and how much do they cost?

#21245 2 years ago
Quoted from woodmedic:

https://www.pingraffix.com/product-page/jjp-guns-n-roses-stadium-topper

$1,499.99

#21246 2 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

I've had the total opposite experience .
Paul has been brilliant and has gone above and beyond for me .
I can't speak highly enough for him .

Anyway thank god for pinside and the amazing people who provide support!

#21247 2 years ago
Quoted from woodmedic:

For anyone in Australia who doesn't want to pay an extra $400 in taxes go to Pinball Sales Australia .

#21248 2 years ago
Quoted from Xelz:

Quoted from Shmilder:

I've had two cliffys fail/lift up within the scoop. Not sure why, they were installed correctly. Ball hitting the fold seems to straighten it out.

You guys definitely removed the OEM metal ring lining the inside of the scoop right? It wasn’t super clear from the Cliffy install instructions. But that’s critical to get a good fit of the Cliffy.

My Cliffy hasn’t budged in a year and snapped in like a glove.

#21249 2 years ago
Quoted from adrock:

You guys definitely removed the OEM metal ring lining the inside of the scoop right? It wasn’t super clear from the Cliffy install instructions. But that’s critical to get a good fit of the Cliffy.

Yes oem one was removed. Cliffy had a nice tight fit. Snapped into place ect. Not sure why mine straightens out. Although I know I'm not alone.

#21250 2 years ago
Quoted from adrock:

Thanks for the tip. Will keep it in mind when I install mine. Sounds like I’ll take my normal approach to Cliff’s scoop protectors - play with the OEM one until it breaks, and then swap in the Cliffy.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pin Monk

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
The MOD Couple

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 210.00
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

€ 42.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

12,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Long Beach, NY
$ 11,000.00
7,998 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Georgetown, KY
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 19.95
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 649.95
Lighting - Interactive
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 109.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

8,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Springfield, MO
$ 11,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 10,200.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 130.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Side Gig Studios

There are 28,410 posts in this topic. You are on page 425 of 569.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-jjp-gnr-thread/page/425 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.