IMG_20240413_155856 (resized).jpg
IMG_1426 (resized).jpeg (© Nutty 5.0)
IMG_2636.gif
IMG_2002 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2003 (resized).jpeg
1C8AE00A-E658-441F-8C85-35F46CC105C1 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3148 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

78 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 28,331 posts in this topic. You are on page 420 of 567.
#20951 2 years ago

Awesome get from Back Alley Creations at TPF, just installed them tonight

20220327_193626 (resized).jpg20220327_193626 (resized).jpg20220327_193705 (resized).jpg20220327_193705 (resized).jpg20220327_193029 (resized).jpg20220327_193029 (resized).jpg20220327_193133 (resized).jpg20220327_193133 (resized).jpg
#20952 2 years ago

Haven't rolled ball one down playfield on new LE and noticed mylar coming off of drum sticks. Has anyone tried removing and coating sticks with a polyurethane?

#20953 2 years ago
Quoted from Enchantress:

Haven't rolled ball one down playfield on new LE and noticed mylar coming off of drum sticks. Has anyone tried removing and coating sticks with a polyurethane?

Noticed mine doing that the other day. It's just underneath and unless I'm looking for it really hard I can't see it and they don't affect the gameplay.... So I just keep playing.

#20954 2 years ago
Quoted from Enchantress:

I bought a sheet of Mylar and re-wrapped the drumsticks. It’s a pretty simple job. Just remove them and wrap.

#20955 2 years ago
Quoted from fooflighter:

[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Why not cover all 4 flippers? Set only comes with 3.

#20956 2 years ago
Quoted from Dantesmark:

Lol. Was just thinking this. What about the fourth flipper?

#20957 2 years ago

It does come with a set of 4 from the TPF show, he may not have updated the website. Mine was $45 for all 4 but that may have been a show special...

here is the side one and a better overhead shot of the mains

20220327_234410 (resized).jpg20220327_234410 (resized).jpg20220327_234420 (resized).jpg20220327_234420 (resized).jpg
#20958 2 years ago

The only issue, there is a little washout / shadow from the left spotlight on the left flipper. I may relocate the light or add a second to the right side...we'll see...too tired from TPF to do anything else tonight

20220327_193438 (resized).jpg20220327_193438 (resized).jpg

#20959 2 years ago
Quoted from Enchantress:

Quoted from Vespula:

Noticed mine doing that the other day. It's just underneath and unless I'm looking for it really hard I can't see it and they don't affect the gameplay.... So I just keep playing.

You're in luck...

I experienced this out of the box and posted a key fix (it's not a poly method mind you, that could work well too, but this seemed the simple approach)

here's the link

It will eventually peel and affect the gate and pin it in the up position... so you will have to address it at some point

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-jjp-gnr-thread/page/175#post-6248195

#20960 2 years ago
Quoted from fooflighter:

[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

thanks for this! Ordered a set of “originals” no gold or blood hanky panky
Stuff

#20961 2 years ago
Quoted from hool10:

Isn't it fun when the slings slap your hand as you're cleaning the pf?

That's your game's way of saying "only crazy people who want to come onto the thread begging for tech help" work on games when they are on (unless you are doing some specific test that requires power).

Yeah, you should be okay to do top end cleaning with the power on, until someone inevitably pulls this wire into that wire and "poof" there is regret. The best way to make sure it is not you doing the "I was working on my game with it on and..." post is to not work on your game with it on.

I cleaned and waxed two games this weekend... with the power off. It would never occur to me to do it with the power on.

#20962 2 years ago
Quoted from Vespula:

Quoting myself here because that peeling mylar on the sticks underside IS affecting my game... but not in the way you might think:

The other day on my playfield right in the center above the flippers I noticed in the light purple map area with all the LED lights there was some dark smudges of gunk collecting - sticky gunk residue gathering all around that area like the balls had been shooting across it creating tiny tracks. I only noticed it because of the light purple color background the dark smudges stood out.

I took the glass off and looking sideways, I discovered it was not just there, but all over. Most accumulation was in the center of the playfield.
I had to scrub it off pretty hard and then waxed the play field and it looks pristine now and super fast, like wow fast, but it got me to thinking...

While the peeling mylar on the drumsticks didn't affect the gameplay noticeably, now I'm realizing that those balls running underneath the orbit are catching the edge of the mylar and picking up some of that sticky off the hanging mylar edges and then distributing it across my effin play field and building up over time.

So, Danger Will Robinson! if you see gunk collecting on your playfield, its your peeling drumsticks I betcha, so catch it while you can!

#20963 2 years ago

New LE arrived last Friday. Can someone confirm this is the most recent diagram of where the problem posts have occurred? Only issues I have right now is the lock down bar doesn't seem to close properly and the LE number plate was scratched when received. Thanks for the help.

GnR Posts (resized).jpgGnR Posts (resized).jpg
#20964 2 years ago

Anyone have a good “fix” or adjustment for the factory center scoop metal “wings” lifting up? They don’t really bend back flat and stay. I was just about ready to get the Cliffy for it but sounds like it’s a PITA to install and it has its own issues with lifting or breaking. Thanks!

#20965 2 years ago
Quoted from pinballjah:

New LE arrived last Friday. Can someone confirm this is the most recent diagram of where the problem posts have occurred? Only issues I have right now is the lock down bar doesn't seem to close properly and the LE number plate was scratched when received. Thanks for the help.
[quoted image]

Congrats! That looks pretty thorough.
These were the only two I had to add afterwards that didnt come with them on from factory that needed them, and if you get PinMonks AirBall Drain Barrier, you will be right there at the same time during the install and can add PETG washers if you dont have them on your pin.
jjp (resized).jpgjjp (resized).jpg
SO on the lockdown bar, is it loose? Mine was and I had to adjust/tighten the 2 brass screws below the apron until it tightened just right when the handle was moved into place. Those screws were almost/if not barely touching the glass when I removed it as well, so that problem was also solved.

#20966 2 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Has scorbit been buggy for anyone else? I’ve noticed the last month or so it sometimes will have a hard time restarting new games - it used to be near flawless. I’ve only noticed it in the last month or 2. [quoted image]

Hmm, that's interesting. When you say "restarting," do you mean aborting a game by entering the menu and starting over?

#20967 2 years ago
Quoted from Dantesmark:

FYI back alley creations updated the website with the four piece set.....

https://backalleycreations.com/products/skull-flipper-topper-4pcs-set-for-guns-n-roses?_pos=5&_sid=61adccf09&_ss=r

#20968 2 years ago
Quoted from Vespula:

Congrats! That looks pretty thorough.
These were the only two I had to add afterwards that didnt come with them on from factory that needed them, and if you get PinMonks AirBall Drain Barrier, you will be right there at the same time during the install and can add PETG washers if you dont have them on your pin.
[quoted image]
SO on the lockdown bar, is it loose? Mine was and I had to adjust/tighten the 2 brass screws below the apron until it tightened just right when the handle was moved into place. Those screws were almost/if not barely touching the glass when I removed it as well, so that problem was also solved.

Thanks for the photo. I don't see any washers on the six posts at the top of the game and it was built in March 2022. I will need to add those as well.

I have played around with the two screws under the lockdown bar and tried various heights but nothing seems to make it work. My understanding is the lockdown bar should be spring loaded on the GnR but the spring doesn't seem to do anything on this game. Thanks for the help.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#20969 2 years ago
Quoted from jsa:

Hmm, that's interesting. When you say "restarting," do you mean aborting a game by entering the menu and starting over?

No, just hitting start during the game over sequence.

#20970 2 years ago
Quoted from jsa:

I've been having the same issue, and quite often it is after a game restart (holding start button after a bad ball one) but happens quite frequently at other times as well.-starting a 2nd game, etc. I'll scan the barcode with the app and it just sits there waiting without going through the process of starting the game on the app. I've tried both soft and hard closing the app and it doesn't help. Usually a full phone reboot is the only thing that fixes it.

#20971 2 years ago
Quoted from pinballjah:

Thanks for the photo. I don't see any washers on the six posts at the top of the game and it was built in March 2022. I will need to add those as well.
I have played around with the two screws under the lockdown bar and tried various heights but nothing seems to make it work. My understanding is the lockdown bar should be spring loaded on the GnR but the spring doesn't seem to do anything on this game. Thanks for the help. [quoted image]

You're right those six posts in your picture on my pin don't have washers either. And they all look perfect without any issues almost a thousand plays later so I think it's safe to say you can skip those.

The two yellow posts that I highlighted and the only reason was calling out is that I did add clear PETG washers on those is because they were actually revealing a slight crinkling around the posts which I discovered after it was called out by others on here.

#20972 2 years ago

Just joined the club with LE #3639

Love the game so far but need to fix one issue. The left ramp entry micro switch part # 18-003003-00 had the metal tab break off it so it doesn't register.

What is the easiest way to order these? Do you need to get it through JJP?

Thanks!
Walt

#20973 2 years ago
Quoted from waltgman:

Love the game so far but need to fix one issue. The left ramp entry micro switch part # 18-003003-00 had the metal tab break off it so it doesn't register.
Thanks!
Walt

It's just a standard part you can buy from pinball life, but it's definitely under warranty if you got this NIB, so just open a warranty ticket at jjp and ask for one.

http://store.jerseyjackpinball.com/Support-Form/

#20974 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

It's just a standard part you can buy from pinball life, but it's definitely under warranty if you got this NIB, so just open a warranty ticket at jjp and ask for one.
http://store.jerseyjackpinball.com/Support-Form/

Thanks for the reply.

I did not buy it NIB so was looking to find that exact part at a retailer, but wasn't able to find it at pinball life etc via the part number in the manual

#20975 2 years ago
Quoted from waltgman:

Thanks for the reply.
I did not buy it NIB so was looking to find that exact part at a retailer, but wasn't able to find it at pinball life etc via the part number in the manual

The part number in the manual is a JJP part re-numbering of a standard bally/williams switch part which is why it didn't match up.

Probably something like this:
https://www.pinballlife.com/williamsbally-sub-microswitch-5647-12693-with-1316-flat-blade.html

You just have to make sure to get the switch with the right length of blade. Measure the one you have. Also, make sure you transfer the diode with the band pointing the right direction.

#20976 2 years ago
Quoted from waltgman:

I did not buy it NIB

Congrats on joining the club!
#3639 not NIB? That has to be "born" recently... March?
Curious about the story on that?

#20977 2 years ago
Quoted from Vespula:

My #3686 was made January 2022. We picked it directly up from the factory. So his machine was likely manufactured the same time period. Maybe someone bought it, didn't like it and sold it?

#20978 2 years ago
Quoted from Vespula:

Hi and thanks!

Build date is January 2022.

Was HUO, and previous owner liked it a lot, but we worked out a trade for my BKSORLE for it.

Thanks for the welcome!

#20979 2 years ago
Quoted from waltgman:

Thanks!
Walt

Did the switch arm break or can you bend it back and reattach?

#20980 2 years ago
Quoted from waltgman:

Hi and thanks!
Was HUO, and previous owner liked it a lot, but we worked out a trade for my BKSORLE for it.
Thanks for the welcome!

Congrats on the trade. I would still put a ticket in with JJP. I know they have been helping people troubleshoot and replace parts for their GnR machines they bought used. I would be shocked if they didn’t help you. I know people trash their support, but they seem to be improving and I’ve had good dealings when I’ve needed to contact them.

#20981 2 years ago

Don’t get the bashing for JJP - they’ve went out of their way to help me on both occasions I contacted them. Top notch as far as I’m concerned.

#20982 2 years ago
Quoted from PinsNJeeps:

Congrats on the trade. I would still put a ticket in with JJP. I know they have been helping people troubleshoot and replace parts for their GnR machines they bought used. I would be shocked if they didn’t help you. I know people trash their support, but they seem to be improving and I’ve had good dealings when I’ve needed to contact them.

thanks! Will grab the serial number and open a ticket tonight.

#20983 2 years ago

Got the monkey mod installed on the topper from pinballmodz.com. looks pretty nice, just would wish for at least 6 more inches on the power wire.

1648678045132400313424061689149 (resized).jpg1648678045132400313424061689149 (resized).jpg16486780642158469012359008589111 (resized).jpg16486780642158469012359008589111 (resized).jpg1648678085704206586198603811253 (resized).jpg1648678085704206586198603811253 (resized).jpg
#20984 2 years ago
Quoted from glpinball:

Got the monkey mod installed on the topper from pinballmodz.com. looks pretty nice, just would wish for at least 6 more inches on the power wire.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Awesome! Mine just arrived today as well. Haven't installed it yet... I suppose I will find out what you mean about the power wire soon enough......

#20985 2 years ago

I don't see any monkey.

#20986 2 years ago
Quoted from waltgman:

Hi and thanks!
Thanks for the welcome!

I guess no order to the numbers and build date. Mine is in the 2700 range and built March 2022.

#20987 2 years ago
Quoted from simpswho:

I don't see any monkey.

If you're serious on your comment, the monkey mod is named because the shape of it is like a monkey's head. Goes behind the GNR pinball logo on the topper and ties into the lights of the game. Check it out here...

https://www.pinballmodz.com/product-page/gnr-marquee-topper-rgb-logo-monkey-mod-v1-1
Screenshot_20220330-195816_Chrome (resized).jpgScreenshot_20220330-195816_Chrome (resized).jpg

Screenshot_20220330-200208_Chrome (resized).jpgScreenshot_20220330-200208_Chrome (resized).jpg

#20988 2 years ago
Quoted from pinballjah:

I guess no order to the numbers and build date. Mine is in the 2700 range and built March 2022.

This is true on the license plate. But the last four digits of the serial number is the actual build number in the run of 5,000

#20989 2 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

I've been having the same issue, and quite often it is after a game restart (holding start button after a bad ball one) but happens quite frequently at other times as well.-starting a 2nd game, etc. I'll scan the barcode with the app and it just sits there waiting without going through the process of starting the game on the app. I've tried both soft and hard closing the app and it doesn't help. Usually a full phone reboot is the only thing that fixes it.

This is definitely new, so I'll make sure we get the bug replicated and fixed. They key is to figure out why it works sometimes and not others, what the special magic is (like is it related to how fast the session starts, or something more app specific).

#20990 2 years ago
Quoted from glpinball:

[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Just got mine as well and finished setting it up. Very happy with it and I had zero issues with any cable length. Just went down the left side behind the speaker and kept things neat. Directions had me a tad confused at first but Kyle got me back on track and the rest was easy. Make sure you have the proper height on the monkey for the best results. Great item!

Next is replacing my scoop switch - I will admit I’m a tad intimidated when it involves me, a soldering iron, and a never performed task.

#20991 2 years ago
Quoted from Enchantress:

I pulled my mylar off and cleared them with a matte finish automotive clear. Looks natural and no issues after almost a year.

#20992 2 years ago

Just had a good game where I played one song from every album. Think I drained during one of them.

Also played Tour and Slash Solo.

All inserts were red except Use Your Illusion 2. Anyone know why?

Also, does that mean I was almost at Not In This Lifetime?

PXL_20220331_040104488 (resized).jpgPXL_20220331_040104488 (resized).jpg
#20993 2 years ago
Quoted from WizardsCastle:

Just had a good game where I played one song from every album. Think I drained during one of them.
[quoted image]

You have to play the song from the album for 3 minutes to light it. You probably drained on that albums song prior to 3 minutes.

#20994 2 years ago
Quoted from ZoraShinoda:

You have to play the song from the album for 3 minutes to light it. You probably drained on that albums song prior to 3 minutes.

Good to know!

So since I had everything else lit red, if I happen to have that one red, would that have meant I could have gone to the final wizard?

#20995 2 years ago
Quoted from John-Floyd:

Just got mine as well and finished setting it up. Very happy with it and I had zero issues with any cable length. Just went down the left side behind the speaker and kept things neat. Directions had me a tad confused at first but Kyle got me back on track and the rest was easy. Make sure you have the proper height on the monkey for the best results. Great item!
Next is replacing my scoop switch - I will admit I’m a tad intimidated when it involves me, a soldering iron, and a never performed task.

mine is on the way.
Were the install instructions printed or on his site?

Curious to where it gets power as I have his other marquee mod.

#20996 2 years ago
Quoted from MJW:

mine is on the way.
Were the install instructions printed or on his site?
Curious to where it gets power as I have his other marquee mod.

On his site.
Power via a splitter to the octagon lights at the back. Also an RJ45 splitter to same to synch the light show.

#20997 2 years ago

Good to know!
So since I had everything else lit red, if I happen to have that one red, would that have meant I could have gone to the final wizard?

Yes, you need to start each album mode (not complete), slash and tour.
http://tiltforums.com/t/guns-n-roses-jjp-rulesheet/6803

and

https://www.jerseyjackpinball.com/wp-content/themes/yootheme/cache/JJP-GNR-rulesflow-ac899a8d.jpeg

#20998 2 years ago
Quoted from glpinball:

On his site.
Power via a splitter to the octagon lights at the back. Also an RJ45 splitter to same to synch the light show.

thanks.

#20999 2 years ago

Good to know!

Yes so close! I’ve been at that point numerous times only to choke haha. Though, a couple times I should have gotten it but a bug prevented it - the bug was playing patience would not allow an album mode to be played even if it was >3 mins, I think that bug is fixed now? Not certain for sure.

And if Keefer stumbles across this post; how about doing something with slash solo, like allow boosters and patches to stack with it *nudge nudge*

#21000 2 years ago

[quoted image]

You can go into LED test and make sure all of the LEDs are doing what they should be doing.
If it passes in test then the machine is doing what it should be doing.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

8,400 (OBO)
$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 11,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pin Monk

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Machine - For Sale
Islamorada, FL
$ 24.75
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 130.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 11,000.00
€ 42.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 10,200.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 210.00
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 109.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Plantsville, CT
$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 19.95
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

There are 28,331 posts in this topic. You are on page 420 of 567.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-jjp-gnr-thread/page/420?hl=dantesmark and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.