IMG_2676.gif
IMG_0960 (resized).jpeg
image1 (resized).jpeg
image0 (resized).jpeg
GnRAllenWrenchMod (resized).jpg
200w.gif
IMG_2222 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

78 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 28,410 posts in this topic. You are on page 418 of 569.
#20851 2 years ago
Quoted from deejaypee:

Thanks to the fella whose name I don’t remember (sorry) who originally brought it to my attention in this forum, and to PinMonk for reminding me about it a few weeks back. We have a nice little dust cover to keep the cat prints from miffing me. We decided a little collage would be nice, mainly because we couldn’t decide on one anyway.
Sure do wish they were just a couple of inches longer! But they do the trick and look nice. We have a few more on order for the other pins but GNR came first!
[quoted image]

Great design…really sharp.

#20852 2 years ago
Quoted from usafstars:

Great design…really sharp.

Agreed. Plus, nice lineup you got there deejaypee !

#20853 2 years ago
Quoted from deejaypee:

Thanks to the fella whose name I don’t remember (sorry) who originally brought it to my attention in this forum, and to PinMonk for reminding me about it a few weeks back. We have a nice little dust cover to keep the cat prints from miffing me. We decided a little collage would be nice, mainly because we couldn’t decide on one anyway.
Sure do wish they were just a couple of inches longer! But they do the trick and look nice. We have a few more on order for the other pins but GNR came first!
[quoted image]

Yeah, about 3 more inches would be PERFECT, but as it is, for $15 total, shipped with the code, it's "good enough" and you get pretty much whatever print you want on there.

#20854 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Yeah, about 3 more inches would be PERFECT, but as it is, for $15 total, shipped with the code, it's "good enough" and you get pretty much whatever print you want on there.

Exactly. For anyone interested, it’s collage.com. Choose the baby blanket (30x40 inches), and it’s exceedingly easy to upload your design. I didn’t have a code, but I made an account a few weeks back so I could save a few designs, and last week they sent a promo email for a free baby blanket, shipping was $15. I imagine they run this promo fairly often. So when they sent it, we already had three blankets designed and ready to go, but we had to do separate orders to get the deal on each one. Came pretty fast too, just a week even though they said it was gonna be a few weeks (3-6 I believe). Nice looking dust and print protection!

#20855 2 years ago

I have to protect mine from direct sunlight , so I got a doona cover , I need to find something more appropriate for fish tales

IMG20220320154329 (resized).jpgIMG20220320154329 (resized).jpg
#20856 2 years ago
Quoted from deejaypee:

I didn’t have a code, but I made an account a few weeks back so I could save a few designs, and last week they sent a promo email for a free baby blanket, shipping was $15. I imagine they run this promo fairly often.

I think it's pretty much a non-stop promotion, you just have to look around for the current code (or set up an account).

#20857 2 years ago

Well... This just happened on ball 1!

Crazy ass "This I Love" mode followed by the two worst balls I've ever had (see score for evidence).

I had an extra ball lit but couldn't get it up to the lanes to collect it. I hit the right orbit numerous times, bit it just keep flowing around.

How do you pick up that EB?

PXL_20220320_045315632 (resized).jpgPXL_20220320_045315632 (resized).jpgPXL_20220320_045858163 (resized).jpgPXL_20220320_045858163 (resized).jpgPXL_20220320_045906245 (resized).jpgPXL_20220320_045906245 (resized).jpg
#20858 2 years ago
Quoted from WizardsCastle:

Crazy ass "This I Love" mode followed by the two worst balls I've ever had (see score for evidence).
I had an extra ball lit but couldn't get it up to the lanes to collect it. I hit the right orbit numerous times, bit it just keep flowing around.
How do you pick up that EB?[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Congrats!

I just shoot straight up from the left flipper to the middle lane at the top to collect that EB if I'm down to 1 ball. Otherwise, in multiball, it tends to happen naturally.

#20859 2 years ago

Or don't shoot the orbit so hard that it passes by the Axl lanes and if the magnet is on its nothin' but net

#20860 2 years ago

How do you pick up that EB?[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

If your magnet is working, it’s way easier from the right loop; otherwise shooting it straight up the gut from the left flipper is the next best bet.

#20861 2 years ago
Quoted from atg1469:

If your magnet is working, it’s way easier from the right loop; otherwise shooting it straight up the gut from the left flipper is the next best bet.

Is the magnet supposed to stop it when you make the right orbit, or only in certain instances?

Also, just turned my game on, and the left lock on my guitar is not activating on its own.

Any idea how to fix both of these issues?

#20862 2 years ago

Do we not get hard manuals with our LE’s?

#20863 2 years ago
Quoted from Enchantress:

we do not, just online.

#20864 2 years ago
Quoted from Enchantress:

It's still unfinished, anyway. Couple sections just empty. With Butch fired, I wonder if it'll ever be completed.

#20865 2 years ago

After ordering April 4, 2021, I can be an "official" member of this group tomorrow.

Just got the call.

A quick question for the group.

Does the LE come with leg protectors?

#20866 2 years ago
Quoted from lemmings418:

After ordering April 4, 2021, I can be an "official" member of this group tomorrow.
Just got the call.

It comes with some felt pads that go between the legs and the cabinet. No other spacers needed.

#20867 2 years ago
Quoted from lemmings418:

Just got the call.

Congrats!! You're going to love it!

#20868 2 years ago
Quoted from lemmings418:

Just got the call.

Quoted from CoolCatPinball:

It comes with some felt pads that go between the legs and the cabinet. No other spacers needed.

Here is my 2 cents on this topic...

1st penny:
Felt protectors are included but not necessary and negatively affect stability.

No spacers are needed. The metal plated corners on the pin do not allow contact of the metal legs to the cabinet art. Omitting the felt provides a much more stable game. It is significantly more unstable with the felt on. I tried both. I started with felt on because honestly I didn't know which to choose, and then for the next reason below, I took them off and noticed the significantly increased stability. All roads point to no felt. I have had no damage to the art. I do not hesitate to "nudge" my machine either.

2nd penny:
If you happen to get Lior's skull mod for under the shooter, it wont fit with felt on. It was clearly designed to fit on the pin with the felt off.

Both facts.
Find one documented case of GnR damage from not using the felt and I will happily edit my post.

#20869 2 years ago
Quoted from lemmings418:

Just got the call.

Can't remember if they came with nylon washers to protect the powdercoat, but definitely put them on. I have a supply on hand, just can't remember if jjp supplied with game or not.

#20870 2 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Can't remember if they came with nylon washers to protect the powdercoat, but definitely put them on. I have a supply on hand, just can't remember if jjp supplied with game or not.

JJP does not supply nylon washers, unfortunately. I added those as well.

#20871 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

What's the code and can anyone send me the print picture? Cheers!

#20872 2 years ago
Quoted from Vespula:

I strongly disagree. Those protectors keep the legs from chewing into your cabinet. If the game squeaks when nudged, tighten the nuts a little more.

#20873 2 years ago
Quoted from allsportdvd:

What's the code and can anyone send me the print picture? Cheers!

The code changes all the time. I just grabbed the highest res pictures I could from the internet on sides like this when I did it:

http://www.gunsnflowers.com/Not-in-this-lifetime-tour-posters/Posters/Not-In-Lifetime.htm

Looks like the current collage.com free blanket code is FREEBABYBLANKET

You just pay the $15 S/H.

#20874 2 years ago

This game can be so cruel sometimes:

1. got powerchord multiplier up to 7x. With 4 balls locked and 2 in play, I lost a ball then locked the other for a 5 ball powerchord for only 7 mil rather than 50+ mil lol.

2. into my second song from an encore. With seconds left, one ball remaining, scoop lit green and I could have carried it into applause….miss scoop and drain! Brutal lol

#20875 2 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

This game can be so cruel sometimes

Yeah, yesterday I was like Neo rocking on a song, nothing was draining and plenty of balls in play, band frenzy popcorn for days... I knew it was just towards the end of the song so I was hitting the center scoop repeatedly waiting for Melissa to signal the 10 second end of song Applause Jackpot ready ... I hit the scoop just before at probably 12-13 seconds before end of song, so I was CERTAIN it would trigger Applause as its done that before if the ball is in there when it goes Applause ready ... She said applause and I waited, nothing, it sat there and I was WTF-- then the ball kicked out and few seconds later song ended. I was so pissed and to make matters worse I was so stunned I forgot to look to see the score I lost. Double pissed. Probably better that I don't know but I am sure it was good.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#20876 2 years ago
Quoted from lemmings418:

Just got the call.

Where you order from, Australia? I ordered last week and should be here this month.

#20877 2 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:I strongly disagree. Those protectors keep the legs from chewing into your cabinet. If the game squeaks when nudged, tighten the nuts a little more.

Felt not needed. The legs do not come in to contact with decals because there are metal spacers already installed. There have been zero instances of people saying decals are getting ruined because of the legs. Isn’t your motto not to worry about damage and just play the game?

#20878 2 years ago
Quoted from Mattyk:

Felt not needed. The legs do not come in to contact with decals because there are metal spacers already installed. There have been zero instances of people saying decals are getting ruined because of the legs. Isn’t your motto not to worry about damage and just play the game?

Sure but not to the point of ignoring the manufacturer-supplied safeguards, that's just dumb.

#20879 2 years ago

My new balls get magnetized really fast. Keep switching between brands with no luck. Whats your recommendation for balls with low risk for magnetizing?

#20880 2 years ago
Quoted from JayLar:

My new balls get magnetized really fast. Keep switching between brands with no luck. Whats your recommendation for balls with low risk for magnetizing?

I’ve had good success with Titan’s pinballs

#20881 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Congrats!
I just shoot straight up from the left flipper to the middle lane at the top to collect that EB if I'm down to 1 ball. Otherwise, in multiball, it tends to happen naturally.

Quoted from Vespula:

Or don't shoot the orbit so hard that it passes by the Axl lanes and if the magnet is on its nothin' but net

You guys make it sound just oh so easy. Hahahaha.

#20882 2 years ago
Quoted from Ecw0930:

Shhh... The new guys might hear you.

#20883 2 years ago
Quoted from Ecw0930:

As long as the Slash post isn't in the way, it's really more mental than anything. The shot itself is pretty easy, but all the crap the ball has to pass on the way to the rollover and how far it has to travel can psych you out. A lot like the left ramp shot on Iron Maiden. Mental more than actually hard.

#20884 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

As long as the Slash post isn't in the way, it's really more mental than anything. The shot itself is pretty easy, but all the crap the ball has to pass on the way to the rollover and how far it has to travel can psych you out. A lot like the left ramp shot on Iron Maiden. Mental more than actually hard.

I have a tough time with that straight shot up for the EB, and i thought it was because it’s a difficult shot… but you’ve never steered me wrong before.

Jeez now I need a sports psychologist for pinball

#20885 2 years ago
Quoted from JayLar:

Polaris carbon from Ball Baron

#20886 2 years ago

I had an instance the other day where I lit extra ball, and the EB light under X was blinking but I just couldn't get for a while .. then the code got confused .. I drained and on the next ball it was still lit and I rolled through X twice and never got credit for it. Shortly after the light went out of course.

Also, anyone ever paid attention to the shoot again light between the flippers? It doesn't seem to always light up when it's actually in a ball save mode.
Isn't that what that light is for?
I expected it would light up as an indicator during ALL active ball save moments like beginning of a multi-ball, start of launch, ball save awards, song start, etc...

#20887 2 years ago
Quoted from swampy:

Polaris carbon from Ball Baron

Polaris have worked for me as well.

#20888 2 years ago

woohoo. new snubber rubber blocks have arrived, I know what i am doing tomorrow evening, and after that have a nice game. (i hope). This game can be so brutal. And just to be sure i have 3 spare sets. After playing little over a year now and having destroyed the factory installed set i should be good for a couple of years down the line.

#20889 2 years ago
Quoted from rrosenhouse:

Congrats!! You're going to love it!

Game Number 3121 in the house.

Serial is 3258 - Feb2022 build.

First support ticket already in. Spots not calibrated.

Loving it nonetheless.

#20890 2 years ago
Quoted from Vespula:

1st penny:
No spacers are needed. The metal plated corners on the pin do not allow contact of the metal legs to the cabinet art. Omitting the felt provides a much more stable game. It is significantly more unstable with the felt on. I tried both. I started with felt on because honestly I didn't know which to choose, and then for the next reason below, I took them off and noticed the significantly increased stability. All roads point to no felt. I have had no damage to the art. I do not hesitate to "nudge" my machine either.
2nd penny:
If you happen to get Lior's skull mod for under the shooter, it wont fit with felt on. It was clearly designed to fit on the pin with the felt off.
Both facts.
Find one documented case of GnR damage from not using the felt and I will happily edit my post.

Thanks. I have the felt leg protectors on right now but know what you mean about the instability. Don't think they will be on long.

Dont have the Lior stuff. I do have the SVEN stage kit and the Mezel Mods one. Like the SVEN better so will probably move the Mezel ones along.

Both PinMonk kits await (plus badge plus air drain) as well as PinWoofer and topper.

Waiting for the pinballmodz "monkey" kit and Hyperlytes.

Starting to feel like those guys with the neon under their cars back in the 90s.

#20891 2 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Prebought them and had them installed.

They did NOT come with the game.

Silver leg bolts too. Thought they would have gone with red TBH.

#20892 2 years ago
Quoted from pinballjah:

Where you order from, Australia? I ordered last week and should be here this month.

Pretty sure they GREW mine.

#20893 2 years ago
Quoted from lemmings418:

Thanks. I have the felt leg protectors on right now but know what you mean about the instability. Don't think they will be on long.
Dont have the Lior stuff. I do have the SVEN stage kit and the Mezel Mods one. Like the SVEN better so will probably move the Mezel ones along.
Both PinMonk kits await (plus badge plus air drain) as well as PinWoofer and topper.
Starting to feel like those guys with the neon under their cars back in the 90s.

Yeah, this machine was made for pimping out, to use one of those terms the 90’s guys with neon under their cars liked to use. It’s a big experience and invites near-gaudy accessories. As long as you don’t put LEDs behind 22-inch rims on a Sunfire, you haven’t gone too far. GNR is a muscle car, it’s in character to take the show up another notch.

Congrats on receiving your game! FYI, it took me months to get semi good at it. But you’ll love every minute of sucking along the way

#20894 2 years ago
Quoted from lemmings418:

My LE just shipped this week. Are washer replacement still required or is factory now adequate? Thanks.

#20895 2 years ago
Quoted from pinballjah:

My LE just shipped this week. Are washer replacement still required or is factory now adequate? Thanks.

Nope. Factory adequate. Just play it. Congrats!

#20896 2 years ago

Is the magnet supposed to stop it when you make the right orbit, or only in certain instances?
Also, just turned my game on, and the left lock on my guitar is not activating on its own.
Any idea how to fix both of these issues?

Re the magnet, I do not know but would hope someone in this forum knows the answer to this.

Re the guitar lock, can you push it down with your finger? If it doesn't go down or only goes down part way, then perhaps your coil is fried. That just happened to me and the coil sleeve melted, hence the reason the lock wouldn't go down all the way. Solution ended up being replacing the coil, sleeve, as well as the main communications board in the head unit. Suggest submitting a help desk ticket w JJP.

#20897 2 years ago

Question for LE owners.

When your game boots up and is in attract mode, where are the spotlights pointing?

Is it consistent each time?

My left one is pointing down. My right one is pointing up.

I am running 1.25 code

BTW, during diagnostics tests, they dont follow the prompts. I am attributing this to the fact that they are NOT centered at the beginning of the test.

20220322_164428 (resized).jpg20220322_164428 (resized).jpg
#20898 2 years ago
Quoted from lemmings418:

Question for LE owners.
When your game boots up and is in attract mode, where are the spotlights pointing?
I am running 1.25 code
BTW, during diagnostics tests, they dont follow the prompts. I am attributing this to the fact that they are NOT centered at the beginning of the test.[quoted image]

Agreed. You are Correct.
Set left to center position in diag, loosen the screw on the side of spotlight, adjust to center, tighten screw.
Repeat for right.
It's possible you might have to remove the right assembly from the game to do the right side. I dont know.. I have only done the left on mine but just guessing based on screw orientation next to the backstage.. Someone else will know here...

another tip, make sure the wires to the spots/servos are routed with enough slack behind the assemblies that the spotlights are able to move through the entire test without dragging or binding on anything. I suspect this can contribute to premature assembly breakage if binding and resistance is introduced in the assembly movement.

#20899 2 years ago
Quoted from lemmings418:

Question for LE owners.
I am running 1.25 code
BTW, during diagnostics tests, they dont follow the prompts. I am attributing this to the fact that they are NOT centered at the beginning of the test.[quoted image]

When you start a game do the spotlights move to center?

#20900 2 years ago
Quoted from barndoor:

Re the magnet, I do not know but would hope someone in this forum knows the answer to this.
Re the guitar lock, can you push it down with your finger? If it doesn't go down or only goes down part way, then perhaps your coil is fried. That just happened to me and the coil sleeve melted, hence the reason the lock wouldn't go down all the way. Solution ended up being replacing the coil, sleeve, as well as the main communications board in the head unit. Suggest submitting a help desk ticket w JJP.

Quoted from barndoor:

Also WizardsCastle
Another thought on the guitar lock—if you are talking about the two pointy releases at the end of the headstock, I’ve witnessed two machines where the drilled holes in the playfield and the headstock do not line up very well with the metal bracket and plunger part of the pointy release rods. Friction at best, full-on seizing of the rod at worst. You should be able to push them down with your finger, no problem. If you can’t, or if you do and they don’t pop back up on your own, that’s your issue.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pin Monk

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Machine - For Sale
Litchfield Park, AZ
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 210.00
€ 69.00
Pinball Machine
Multiball mods

$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 60.00
Hardware
Pin Parts

$ 109.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 40.00
Playfield - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 130.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

8,249 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Temple, TX
$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

€ 42.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 10,200.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

7,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Moreno Valley, CA
$ 11,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 28,410 posts in this topic. You are on page 418 of 569.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-jjp-gnr-thread/page/418 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.