IMG_2435.gif
IMG_0331.gif
IMG_2432.gif
IMG_2249 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5614 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5615 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5616 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

78 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 28,080 posts in this topic. You are on page 416 of 562.
#20751 2 years ago
Quoted from dmj1977:

hey all - a few confusing things happened to me on my last game - can't see they are related... but then again, what do I know:
1. the ball, when in the scoop, would sit for a while, then be ejected without the game recognising it had been there. So I dropped it in during a song while it was lit green and no add a ball. This happened a number of times (different parts of the game), but the ball was in the scoop and ejected, but the game didn't "count" the ball being in the scoop. To be clear, it wasn't going into ball search in order to eject the ball, it was just like a really delayed response (but only in terms of ejecting, not in terms of the ball being in the scoop being "recognised). I'd have thought this wasn't possible (for the game to eject the ball, it has to know it is there, so why not count the shot?)
2. the game failed to recognise a shot under the left upper flipper. So the blue Multiball (make some noise) was lit, the ball went in under the flipper, but no Multiball
3 - the game crashed (hilariously I thought it was the "shall we play a game" mode for a split second) with the ball bouncing around the pops.
Any possibility these are somehow related? Any known fixes for any of these issues? thanks

I'm new to this so there may be better more specific things to do, but if it were me, with the exception of the pop bumper crash, I'd start looking into the rest by troubleshooting and go into the settings and switch matrix test and make sure all those switches and optos are functioning right, use shaker test in that mode to vibrate playfield and maybe roll or place a ball in those areas to confirm they are registering. Scoop switch explanation could be faulty or on the edge point of detection needing adjustment and some vibration in your game finally registered the scoop to eject? There is tech doc on fixing a flaky scoop switch if that's it

#20752 2 years ago

What exactly does "Volume Effect Intensity" affect? Also, does the "Music Mix" setting only impact songs or all music in the game, including the background music when not in a mode?

#20753 2 years ago
Quoted from dmj1977:

hey all - a few confusing things happened to me on my last game - can't see they are related... but then again, what do I know:
1. the ball, when in the scoop, would sit for a while, then be ejected without the game recognising it had been there. So I dropped it in during a song while it was lit green and no add a ball. This happened a number of times (different parts of the game), but the ball was in the scoop and ejected, but the game didn't "count" the ball being in the scoop. To be clear, it wasn't going into ball search in order to eject the ball, it was just like a really delayed response (but only in terms of ejecting, not in terms of the ball being in the scoop being "recognised). I'd have thought this wasn't possible (for the game to eject the ball, it has to know it is there, so why not count the shot?)
2. the game failed to recognise a shot under the left upper flipper. So the blue Multiball (make some noise) was lit, the ball went in under the flipper, but no Multiball
3 - the game crashed (hilariously I thought it was the "shall we play a game" mode for a split second) with the ball bouncing around the pops.
Any possibility these are somehow related? Any known fixes for any of these issues? thanks

This post may be a bit premature as I haven’t quite tested, but regarding…
#2 I’ve been having weird sensor issues lately with skill shots and even not getting the multiball start. Just yesterday I cleaned the playfield and took off the sensor board underneath (easy and quick), and used a dry Q-tip to get the grime off the bottom side of the inserts. I was surprised how dirty it was and may consider using a cleaner next time? That said, I only had time to do one in game test and one switch matrix test. It seemed way better, but again, I only did a quick test and will report back later next week if I find It did the trick or not.

#20754 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

This pin's like a year and a half old, new pins are out that are well-received, so attention has shifted to those honeymoons. Also, the pandemic is calming down so people are starting to get out more. It's the natural way of things. Activity can't stay red-hot like it's been in this thread forever.

I'll be hanging in here as well. Still loving my LE#106. At the moment awaiting my new blue snubber rubber blocks. Orderded some spares for future use as well.

#20755 2 years ago
Quoted from Xelz:

What exactly does "Volume Effect Intensity" affect? Also, does the "Music Mix" setting only impact songs or all music in the game, including the background music when not in a mode?

Volume effect intensity turns up the volume while you are in a song mode. I just have mine turned off. I prefer an even level of volume throughout playing a game. However, I get that some people want to pump up the volume when the song is playing.

#20756 2 years ago
Quoted from daveyvandy:

Volume effect intensity turns up the volume while you are in a song mode. I just have mine turned off. I prefer an even level of volume throughout playing a game. However, I get that some people want to pump up the volume when the song is playing.

Thanks! That's exactly what I hoped it did

Edit: Follow-up question. How do Maximum Volume Effect and Volume Effect Intensity interact with each other? The manual says Intensity is a multiplier, while Maximum reads like it's a cap. So does raising the intensity do nothing if you don't also increase the maximum?

#20757 2 years ago

Can someone do me a favor and post a photo or two of how the wires are hooked up on the back of the start button? Thanks.

#20758 2 years ago

anybody else have this problem. during ignite the flames multiball , the screen goes blank then reappears. having trouble getting jackpots...

#20759 2 years ago
Quoted from pokerag2:

Can someone do me a favor and post a photo or two of how the wires are hooked up on the back of the start button? Thanks.

Hope this helps. Tried to get decent angles and make the wire layout clear while still being lazy and not opening it up

4A6BB953-AA25-445E-BD7D-3F296EACAB89 (resized).jpeg4A6BB953-AA25-445E-BD7D-3F296EACAB89 (resized).jpeg6CF8665A-96E4-4AFD-B867-E144E4DCE316 (resized).jpeg6CF8665A-96E4-4AFD-B867-E144E4DCE316 (resized).jpeg9D1683DF-45EA-46D6-8525-9684DE5FE065 (resized).jpeg9D1683DF-45EA-46D6-8525-9684DE5FE065 (resized).jpeg
#20760 2 years ago
Quoted from gmanrulz46:

anybody else have this problem. during ignite the flames multiball , the screen goes blank then reappears. having trouble getting jackpots...

Can’t say I’ve seen that. I’d suspect a loose cable. Sorry not much help aside from that.

#20761 2 years ago

Thanks Vespula and Eskaybee for the suggestions. I'm making some progress. I can't replicate the issue with the shot under the flipper in the switch test so hoping thats a one off.

I've worked out that the scoop problem is to do with the ball not depressing the switch in the scoop (but only intermittently). On other machines i've resolved a similar issue by bending the the bit of metal that the ball pushes down when in the scoop. however, i dont seem to be able to do that on GnR. I also took a look under the playfield, but can't see any obvious way to adjust the mech to solve the issue.
(I see there is a keypost on this issue, but Jackrabbt has far great skills than me and actually replaced the switch with a better, different part). Does anyone know of an 'easier' way i might tackle the problem?

Thanks!

#20762 2 years ago
Quoted from dmj1977:

Thanks Vespula and Eskaybee for the suggestions. I'm making some progress. I can't replicate the issue with the shot under the flipper in the switch test so hoping thats a one off.
I've worked out that the scoop problem is to do with the ball not depressing the switch in the scoop (but only intermittently). On other machines i've resolved a similar issue by bending the the bit of metal that the ball pushes down when in the scoop. however, i dont seem to be able to do that on GnR. I also took a look under the playfield, but can't see any obvious way to adjust the mech to solve the issue.
(I see there is a keypost on this issue, but Jackrabbt has far great skills than me and actually replaced the switch with a better, different part). Does anyone know of an 'easier' way i might tackle the problem?
Thanks!

Do you have a cliffy installed?

#20763 2 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Can’t say I’ve seen that. I’d suspect a loose cable. Sorry not much help aside from that.

thanks i will check it out

#20764 2 years ago
Quoted from gmanrulz46:

I’ve noticed my screen goes black just for a second sometimes when switching from main screen with the progress and other screens.

I’ll have to check and see if it happens in a specific mode.

#20765 2 years ago

Are the stock cabinet speakers considered as good sounding? Noticed that the Pinwoofer systems don't include them.

#20766 2 years ago
Quoted from MJW:

I’ve noticed my screen goes black just for a second sometimes when switching from main screen with the progress and other screens.
I’ll have to check and see if it happens in a specific mode.

Noticed this too. I assumed it was just glitch in a specific transition. Haven't pinpointed it exactly yet... Not a big deal but I'm sure it's not expected or desired from a coding standpoint.

Quoted from JayLar:

Are the stock cabinet speakers considered as good sounding? Noticed that the Pinwoofer systems don't include them.

It's basically mid range and you're not going to hear enough benefit swapping.

#20767 2 years ago

Awesome mod for JJP GnR at a discounted price. PM me if interested. Thanks.

Mod - For Sale
Used, good condition - “Have a drum kit mod set from Sven in perfect condition for sale. Mounts easily to pop bumper caps with double-sided tape (not included). Price includes shipping.”
2022-03-15
Estero, FL
80 (Firm)
Archived after: 4 days
Viewed: 73 times

Added over 2 years ago:

**SOLD - thank you, Chris!**

#20768 2 years ago
Quoted from Vespula:

Do you have a cliffy installed

I do mate, but it looks to be sitting nice and flat and I can’t see that it’s interfering in any way….

#20769 2 years ago
Quoted from dmj1977:

I do mate, but it looks to be sitting nice and flat and I can’t see that it’s interfering in any way….

I had the same. Ended up finally reseating it carefully making sure the side flaps were tucked behind scoop metal and tada, scoop registers every time.

#20770 2 years ago
Quoted from Vespula:

Do you have a cliffy installed?

Quoted from glpinball:

I had the same. Ended up finally reseating it carefully making sure the side flaps were tucked behind scoop metal and tada, scoop registers every time.

OK thanks both, will dig into it more tonight. Thanks!

#20771 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

If it means we ditch the underwear and get panties faster in the code, you're speaking my language.

IMG_20220316_223001 (resized).jpgIMG_20220316_223001 (resized).jpg
#20772 2 years ago
Quoted from JayLar:

My Pinwoofer kit came with cabinet speakers , still haven't installed it yet but from everything I've read , they are an improvement over the stock speakers .

#20773 2 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

My Pinwoofer kit came with cabinet speakers , still haven't installed it yet but from everything I've read , they are an improvement over the stock speakers .

? Your GnR has 5 speakers total.
Pw comes with 1 woofer and 2 tweeters, he's taking about the other 2 midrange upward facing speakers in the backbox

#20774 2 years ago

Well I've joined the servo failure club.
After almost 900 plays in 4 months of ownership my left spotlight isn't moving vertically. That's the only issue with my spotlights.
The arms appear to be intact and it moves up and down manually. I got the emax servos on hand but not the upgrade kit from pu.

Is it a quick fix just to replace the left vertical and get 100% functional? Or once I'm in there I might as well replace both and the housing and arm with the upgrade kit?
if I do the left one fully I'm going to end up doing the right one fully too.

Bummer is that mezel is out of the pinball universe spotlight upgrade kits..

Rather than wait, I'm going to have to order direct from pinball universe in Germany. And because of the crazy high shipping cost it would make sense that I just order extra of these kits again since it worked out And there was enough demand the last two times I did this. (If anybody is wondering I don't have a kit myself because I sold The one I was holding on to "just in case" to a pinsider who needed one a while back). Now I need one.

if anybody wants a kit let me know in a PM to claim a spot. I'll have six extra

I should have them in about 10 days if timeframe works like last 2 times.. cost is. $110 shipped to your door.. USA only.

https://pu-parts.com/jjp-guns-n-roses-spotlight-pu-upgrade-kit

#20775 2 years ago
Quoted from Vespula:

he's taking about the other 2 midrange upward facing speakers in the backbox

I thought those were the ones you replaced , I should really take a look at the instructions

#20776 2 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

I thought those were the ones you replaced , I should really take a look at the instructions

That's the saddest post I've read in a while... I can't wait till you install yours... You'll wonder why it took you so long. You'll hear sounds and clarity you didn't hear before And the quality will go from the 1970 car radio to a concert experience. What are you waiting for, man? If I can do it you can do it!!

#20777 2 years ago
Quoted from Vespula:

After almost 900 plays my left spotlight isn't moving vertically. That's the only issue.
The arms appear to be intact and it moves up and down manually. I got the emax servos on hand but not the upgrade kit from pu.
Is it a quick fix just to replace the left vertical and get 100% functional? Or once I'm in there I might as well replace both and the housing and arm with the upgrade kit?
Final note, mezel is out of the upgrade kits.. So I'm going to have to order from pinball universe in Germany. And because of the crazy high shipping cost it would make sense that I just order extra of these again since it worked out the last two times I did this. (If anybody is wondering I don't have a kit myself because I sold The one I was holding on to "just in case" to a pinsider who needed one a while back). Now I need one.
if anybody wants a kit let me know in a PM to claim a spot.
I should have them in about 10 days if timeframe works like last 2 times.. cost is. $110 shipped to your door.. USA only.

Yeah once you're there do the complete replacement ...servos ...arm linkages the whole works.. I was kind of nursing mine along when they were breaking and I would get continual failures ...if it wasn't the arm it was the link or it was the servo once I replaced the whole package I haven't thought about servo's failing since with the new upgrade kit that I bought on Mezel mods... That's been over about a year now and I give those servos/assemblies a workout almost daily

#20778 2 years ago
Quoted from Vespula:

After almost 900 plays in 4 months of ownership my left spotlight isn't moving vertically.

Double check the screws holding the arms to the servos, I had one stop but the screw just needed tightened.

#20779 2 years ago
Quoted from fooflighter:

Here's my repair on my sticks for those who want to try self repair versus going the distro JJP route...
I would contact your distro first to make sure you can still be covered for replacement should you screw this up, it's not hard but takes a little patience
So the mylar used is pretty thick, the stuff i used is the sheets i ordered off pinball life. I didn't want to peel off the factory mylar at risk of messing up the Vater graphics..and I felt overall it was a nice look except for the adhesive. I cut about a 1/2 to 3/4 inch wide strip the length between the bracket near the tip bracket and the end of the mylar near the handgrips after the control bracket is removed (more on that below) securing the bottoms of the drumsticks. I attached my strip of mylar lengthwise about 1/4 inch to the side of the seam (basically making a flap extension of what was peeling) and once in place rolled it over the drumstick working slowly to keep the seal tight secured it on the other side...then just press it down using a microfiber towel to seal it completely.
To remove sticks:
1. lift playfield to 2nd or 3rd position
2. unscrew two small screws near the control board and then the 1 small screw near the tip of the sticks - the dumsticks are now free except for the plug
3. there is one plug that connects the control board to the stick assembly, unplug that and remove the plastic ball guard and set aside
4. Next, I removed the control board bracket so that my mylar would also be held in place by it post fix
5. perform mylar application above
6. make sure when screwing and unscrewing you use the correct size phillips head as you don't want to strip the screw. Drumsticks are hard wood and it requires downward and steady pressure to not strip the head of the screw - use the correct tool for the job - you'll have to poke two small holes in the mylar you just installed to reinsert the screws
7. plug back in bracket, reattach sticks lining up holes and plastic shield
8. test sticks in place after lowering playfield
Done!
Here's before and after again for those who don't want to scroll back in this thread
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Thanks fooflighter for this post. I just had to do this to mine (a Jan 2022 build). Didn't notice the mylar peeling away until I was installing some art blades. That is some thick mylar that was used. Probably why it peeled.

#20780 2 years ago
Quoted from sevenrites:

It looks like a lot of steps but it can be done in under 30 minutes. This method for replacing the snubber rubber is considerably faster than following the instructions for the cliffy, mainly because you don’t have to remove all the screws completely, or cut any wire ties, or unplug any wire connections. You also don’t need to get under the playfield at all. Just lift it out to a normal service position.
Have your 1/4” and 11/32” nut drivers, a small or thin 8mm wrench and mircofiber or other cloth ready.
DISASSEMBLY
- Remove the bass guitar wire form (11/32”)
- Remove the Axl statue (11/32”)
- Remove the screw under the Axl statue (1/4”)
- Completely loosen (no need to remove) the screw on the guitar head super lock (1/4”)
- Completely loosen (no need to remove) the other 2 screws on the upper playfield - one near the back by VUK and one near the side corner. (1/4”)
(* just un-threading completely and not removing those screws all the way saves a TON of time, aggravation and headache trying to fish them back down into their locations)
- Carefully and slightly lift upper playfield just enough to not snag or break wires. You just need enough room to get a nut driver down to the 3 nuts (11/32”) on the metal guide that's on top of the plastic under the guitar head super lock and the one 11/32” nut on the gate that connects to the plastic. You’ll likely want to angle the guitar head of it just a little bit towards the bass side of the game for best clearance.
You’ll find the sweet spot if you have your nut driver ready and you can maneuver the upper playfield a little to reach all the nuts as you go if necessary but I was able to reach it all where I had it resting.
- Stick a microfiber cloth under the upper playfield to rest it gently on whatever it's now situated on top of.
[quoted image]
- Loosen the one nut (11/32”) on the right side of the gate
- Remove the other nut (11/32") on the left side of the gate that's connected to the plastic under guitar head.
- Lift the end of the gate off the plastic, swing it out of the way
[quoted image]
- Remove the 2 nuts (11/32”) under the guitar head super lock that's holding the metal guide and plastic underneath.
[quoted image]
- Remove the metal guide
- Remove plastic underneath
- Remove scoop.
Congrats - You're in.
[quoted image]
- Use an 8mm wrench to get the snubber rubber nuts off.
- Pull off the plate holding the rubber to the studs.
- Replace snubber rubbers, replace plates, replace nuts on studs.
Snubber Rubber replacement complete.
REASSEMBLY
- Replace the scoop (adjust angle during this step if you're getting too many STDM balls)
- Replace the plastic
- Replace the metal guide
- Swing the gate back over top of the plastic.
- Tighten all 3 of the 11/32” nuts on the plastic, and the one 11/32” nut loosened on the other side of the gate so you could lift and swing it out of the way.
- Carefully manipulate upper playfield back into place.
- Tighten all 4 screws (1/4”)
- Replace Axl statue (11/32”)
- Replace bass wireform (11/32”)
[quoted image]

Time to re-up and thank sevenrites for this excellent guide to replacing the scoop snubber rubbers. It may not be taking me 30 minutes since I found some problematic posts digging into my playfield, but I’ll get though all that soon enough and have everything back together in a bit. The rubbers are replaced anyway!

Love this forum full of helpful-arsed people!

#20781 2 years ago
Quoted from Vespula:

Rather than wait, I'm going to have to order direct from pinball universe in Germany. And because of the crazy high shipping cost it would make sense that I just order extra of these kits again since it worked out And there was enough demand the last two times I did this. (If anybody is wondering I don't have a kit myself because I sold The one I was holding on to "just in case" to a pinsider who needed one a while back). Now I need one.

Why not just print the brackets that someone made and posted on thingiverse? I can say they work great and are very robust. Do you have a friend with a 3D printer that can run them? Even if you have to pay a local service to print them, it will be less than $100. The brackets JJP used are super-flimsy, so I'd definitely upgrade those while you're in there.

Quick search of Nashville ( https://tinyurl.com/2ku4j5ze ) turned up a number of 3D printing services (and some that are not, but plenty to choose from on the list).

Post with links to the thingiverse files for the bracket and armature is here:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-jjp-gnr-thread/page/352#post-6604413

#20782 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Why not just print the brackets that someone made and posted on thingiverse? I can say they work great and are very robust. Do you have a friend with a 3D printer that can run them? Even if you have to pay a local service to print them, it will be less than $100. The brackets JJP used are super-flimsy, so I'd definitely upgrade those while you're in there.
Quick search of Nashville ( https://tinyurl.com/2ku4j5ze ) turned up a number of 3D printing services (and some that are not, but plenty to choose from on the list). If you need the thingiverse links for the files, let me know.

Is this the thingiverse link you're referring to... https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:4854563/files ? Is there more than just this?

#20783 2 years ago
Quoted from mostater:

Is this the thingiverse link you're referring to... https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:4854563/files ? Is there more than just this?

There's another link with the square bracket the servos attach to. I edited my post to include a link to the post that has both thingiverse links.

#20784 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Quick search of Nashville ( https://tinyurl.com/2ku4j5ze ) turned up a number of 3D printing services (and some that are not, but plenty to choose from on the list). If you need the thingiverse links for the files, let me know.
Post with links to the thingiverse files for the bracket and armature is here:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-jjp-gnr-thread/page/352#post-6604413

Thanks! I just haven't entered into this current thinking about this stuff like this like its a run to Kinko's to print out my 3d parts yet... I will work on this.

That is clearly the WISE old owl think to do, but we all can't be advanced monks, after all.
That would reduce you to something called normal and then who would I learn from?

Alas, with your great suggestion, I have already ordered from PU-Parts in Germany and they are on the way... those German's don't falter, waste time, or sleep apparently. So if anyone else wants on the "it's so easy nightrain" - I will have six available for sale in about 2 week available for the non-monkish folks like myself.

Thanks for the suggestion, I got this marked right off my list this morning, so it was just a timing thing for me.

#20785 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

There's another link with the square bracket the servos attach to. I edited my post to include a link to the post that has both thingiverse links.

Ahh...that I don't have. Would you share the link to the square bracket? I tried searching but can't find it.

#20786 2 years ago
Quoted from mostater:

Ahh...that I don't have. Would you share the link to the square bracket? I tried searching but can't find it.

It's in the Topic Index under MOD:Playfield.

Just click topic index, then click keypost summary, then look for the section for mods.

#20787 2 years ago

So anyone that used the plastic ball saver that Agima made, knows his first version doesnt last very long.
The collar is apparently too thin and after some time and ball hits or whatever, it splits and then comes off.

Just headsup that he has posted one with a thicker collar back in December here:
https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:4835017/files

Direct download here: https://cdn.thingiverse.com/assets/64/25/2f/e6/0b/bumperpostbiger.stl

If anyone has a 3d printer and tries or has tried this out and can report if it lasts, would be great to know because its a cool solution ! (yes I know the foam and felt solution works too).
2022-03-16_15-54-46 (resized).jpg2022-03-16_15-54-46 (resized).jpg2022-03-16_15-55-13 (resized).jpg2022-03-16_15-55-13 (resized).jpg

#20788 2 years ago
Quoted from Vespula:

So anyone that used the plastic ball saver that Agima made, knows his first version doesnt last very long.
The collar is apparently too thin and after some time and ball hits or whatever, it splits and then comes off.
Just headsup that he has posted one with a thicker collar back in December here:
https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:4835017/files
Direct download here: https://cdn.thingiverse.com/assets/64/25/2f/e6/0b/bumperpostbiger.stl
If anyone has a 3d printer and tries or has tried this out and can report if it lasts, would be great to know because its a cool solution ! (yes I know the foam works too).[quoted image][quoted image]

My felt furniture button is still going strong after over a year, no hangups

#20789 2 years ago
Quoted from Vespula:

After almost 900 plays in 4 months of ownership my left spotlight isn't moving vertically. That's the only issue with my spotlights.

JJP replaced mine for free x2 and I haven’t had any issues after I applied the service bulletin they sent out. But maybe they’re not doing replacements anymore

#20790 2 years ago
Quoted from adrock:

My felt furniture button is still going strong after over a year, no hangups

Ah, thanks, post edited. I didn't intentionally mean to leave you felt guys out when I mentioned foam.

#20791 2 years ago

New question.
How often to replace those the shiny spheres that roll around the playfield?
DO you just inspect and replace when noticing damage?
Or is it an item you just pro-actively replace like car oil every so many games regardless of age ?

These are the right choice?
https://www.titanpinball.com/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=69

#20792 2 years ago

I think the 3d Marshall emblems on the speaker grills on the pin look great and inspired me to play on this concept using a graphic of a Marshall amp, with a single volume knob cranked to 11 made on a high quality sticker in matte finish.

It's size of the grills, and there is no noticeable change in the sound since its not airtight and basically just non-directional midrange speakers firing up anyway.

Love it? Hate it? I've got some extras if interested.

20220303_070615 (resized).jpg20220303_070615 (resized).jpg
copy marshal (resized).jpgcopy marshal (resized).jpg

#20793 2 years ago

Thanks to Pinmonk for a professional quality install again with the divwrter and magnet cooler. Simple install although the length of the wire was a little aggressive haha.

#20794 2 years ago

So everyone knows with regard to 3D printing. A number of public libraries offer 3D printing services for free. I have used this for a couple of small mods for pinball and the spotlight linkages with the thingiverse links sent to your local library may be all that you need. Just something to look into if you need something simple printed.

#20795 2 years ago
Quoted from glpinball:

Thanks to Pinmonk for a professional quality install again with the divwrter and magnet cooler. Simple install although the length of the wire was a little aggressive haha.

Haha. Rather give you too much than not enough. Maybe I should include another couple zip ties...

Thanks for the support! If you had any hangups on the instructions, let me know. I'm always refining. The splitter on splitter section seemed ridiculous, even to me.

#20796 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Haha. Rather give you too much than not enough. Maybe I should include another couple zip ties...
Thanks for the support! If you had any hangups on the instructions, let me know. I'm always refining. The splitter on splitter section seemed ridiculous, even to me.

Yeah that was a lot of zip ties but I just save them for the future. Instructions were excellent. Way more detail than almost any other mod. If someone can't figure it out with that then they probably shouldn't be doing it.

#20797 2 years ago

I've had a snubber break. None available in country or posted without exorbitant expense. Anyone have suggestions for replacement? Happy to buy a whole sheet of the stuff and cut it down to size. Cheers

#20798 2 years ago
Quoted from Shmilder:

I've had a snubber break. None available in country or posted without exorbitant expense. Anyone have suggestions for replacement?

I saw someone suggest source material using one of the blue silicone ring things you can find in toilet/commode flush valve seal type stuff. Cut to shape & drill holes in it.

Here it is -

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-jjp-gnr-thread/page/265#post-6430394

Their pics, not mine, just cropped and added here to save people extra clicks.

snubber-material-source (resized).jpgsnubber-material-source (resized).jpg
#20799 2 years ago
Quoted from Shmilder:

I've had a snubber break. None available in country or posted without exorbitant expense. Anyone have suggestions for replacement? Happy to buy a whole sheet of the stuff and cut it down to size. Cheers

For us Aussies, I was thinking there might be something at Clark Rubber. Or perhaps the rubber from a thong…or flip flops for our overseas guests.

#20800 2 years ago

Shoutout to Vic (Pinball Monk)
I just installed the Diverter / Magnet fans. Super easy install high quality kit!
Now my diverter and magnet are as cool as my flipper coils.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 24.75
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer
Sound/Speakers
7,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fairmount, IN
$ 649.95
Lighting - Interactive
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Interactive
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
$ 210.00
Flipper Parts
Pin Monk
Flipper parts
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
$ 11,000.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro
Pinball Machine
7,800 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Fredericksburg, VA
$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
Hardware
Pinball Haven
Hardware
$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
$ 100.00
Boards
Led Pinball
Boards
€ 42.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints
Tools
Machine - For Sale
Boston, MA
$ 19.95
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 100.00
Electronics
Led Pinball
Electronics
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
Shooter rods
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 28,080 posts in this topic. You are on page 416 of 562.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-jjp-gnr-thread/page/416?hl=pinwoofer and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.