IMG_2676.gif
IMG_0960 (resized).jpeg
image1 (resized).jpeg
image0 (resized).jpeg
GnRAllenWrenchMod (resized).jpg
200w.gif
IMG_2222 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

78 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 28,410 posts in this topic. You are on page 415 of 569.
#20701 2 years ago
Quoted from dug:

Welcome back Vespula
I missed your posts.

Still miss them?

#20702 2 years ago
Quoted from shovelhed:

Vespula did you email or call Dan at Pinwoofer? He would be the expert. Please let us know what you find out.

Quoted from holminone:

I’ve got mine dialed. I also run an external sub. But my settings are as follows

Quoted from Vespula:

Thought about it but while I'd value his opinion, I don't think there is any issue with the product

Great discussion! Give a shout if needed.

#20703 2 years ago

Anyone interested in a straight trade for a Game of Thrones LE with Stern Topper and Colordmd, etc. for a GnR LE? Thought I check before I buy one. Thanks.

Here are some photos, lots of mods, etc.: https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/129694

#20704 2 years ago

Any rumors of an update anytime soon?

810BE54E-3F29-489D-9404-24BBE4C1C251 (resized).jpeg810BE54E-3F29-489D-9404-24BBE4C1C251 (resized).jpeg
#20705 2 years ago

Can someone remind me how to start the mini multiballs? I did not change any settings, but some of them seem harder

Quoted from Wariodolby:

Any rumors of an update anytime soon?[quoted image]

I'm sure the gang at JJP are busy with their next release. I've been told there will be a release that includes score balancing at some point in the future.

#20706 2 years ago
Quoted from rrosenhouse:

Can someone remind me how to start the mini multiballs? I did not change any settings, but some of them seem harder

This wiki is the bomb: http://tiltforums.com/t/guns-n-roses-jjp-rulesheet/6803
Karl's Christmas Day 2020 video on YouTube he discusses the Booster Multiballs while he is playing- great for visual learners. You can pick up so much from this. Its really good. And of course his ball skills are ok too.
2 hours and 42 minutes.

Booster Multiballs
Starting a Booster Multiball can make it easier to collect band members, lock balls, and advance towards starting the song; and will also advance the song level if you do well enough. Each Booster Multiball can be played once each before a song is started; if their corresponding inserts are flashing, they can be started, and if they are solidly lit, they have been maxed out. After the Booster Multiball has been played, it is still possible to max it out by hitting the corresponding shots that started it.

Make Some Noise Multiball – Blue: Spell NOISE by making Skill Shots, then shoot under the upper right flipper when “Noise” is lit to start the Multiball. Two shots are randomly selected; shoot them both to light the super jackpot under the upper right flipper. Each jackpot adds lights to the Noise meter; the more lights that are lit when the player shoots it, the larger the super jackpot value.

Throw the Lights Multiball - Purple: Hit the Lights target on the upper playfield (LE/CE) 3 times in a row, or make successive shots to the left ramp (SE) to start the Multiball. Shoot the left and right ramps to light the Jackpot on the upper playfield. Combo ramp shots to light it quicker.

Ignite the Flames Multiball - Red: Hit the Pyro target behind the spinning record four times to start the Multiball. Hit a certain number of switches to start a timed jackpot collect on the LCD display. All inserts turn red and the shaker will go off to indicate to the player that this is available. A fuse is moving across the screen and single, double, or triple jackpot will be awarded based on when they press the action button. Qualify more jackpots by hitting more switches.

Turn it Up! Multiball - Yellow: Complete A-M-P at the far left inlane to start the Multiball. Two hurry-ups are lit at the start of this Multiball. Complete the hurry-ups to light jackpots at the major shots.

#20707 2 years ago
Quoted from Vespula:

I think it's 10 seconds actually and you always get applause option in the last 10 seconds of the song no matter how many balls in play.
I think to light the cash out option you need to have met the requirement shots to complete the mode and then hit center which should be all lit up green at that point and LCD says mode completed hit center scoop. It's easier in certain songs and you get it more often. The hardest song is civil war I think. It's easy to get boo'd off stage for me.
If you don't get the cash out/add a ball on the scoop then it's probably not green and you still have another shot to make. Should be indicated in small LCD and by call out and by playfield lights.. I think.... I'm still in the beginning journey of learning this game!
So what gives the light extra ball option on single ball/ mode completed cash out? Dunno. I think I knew but can't remember. Some assist needed on this answer..

In order to also get the extra ball during the cash out option you need to have completed all three outlines amp GNR and jam during the song.

#20708 2 years ago

I hope future code update fixes mystery award "light song" so it really only lights the song instead of start song like it does now.

I suspect what is occurring when song starts immediately on this light song award is due to the light activated while ball still in scoop and that same ball triggers song start also.

Need to add a delay on the light to 1 second after the eject so as to NOT START the song with that award like it does currently...

I'm ok with one start song mystery award but not two!

pinball_keefer

#20709 2 years ago

Recently my GnR on and off pop sound through the speakers is incredibly loud. I'm also noticing some audio static during certain soft quieter parts of the game and songs... Even in attract mode. It's not steady. It is there sometimes and then disappears.

The game used to be super quiet, no hiss or crackle and the on and off thud was very quiet. Now it is as loud as the knocker on a free game match.

Any thoughts or anyone else experience this?
I have been messing with my PinWoofer settings but they are pretty much back within normal range of where they have always been, if not lower.

I've dropped down to playing at 18 on the pin and adjusting pinwoofer levels to blend around that volume to try and fix it where before I was always on 26 normal loud and 30 if I wanted to rock.
It's not fixing it and something has changed. That coupled with the fact I'm struggling to get a good balanced sound settings from my pinwoofer makes me wonder what is going on.

Do I have a pinwoofer issue? If it were grounding issue wouldn't it be consistent hum or hiss?
Is the game pop supposed to be suppressed by the pinwoofer mute?
Getting a little frustrated with the gremlins in my sound that weren't there before.... Any help or thoughts are appreciated.

#20710 2 years ago
Quoted from Vespula:

Recently my GnR on and off pop sound through the speakers is incredibly loud. I'm also noticing some audio static during certain soft quieter parts of the game and songs... Even in attract mode. It's not steady. It is there sometimes and then disappears.
The game used to be super quiet, no hiss or crackle and the on and off thud was very quiet. Now it is as loud as the knocker on a free game match.
Any thoughts or anyone else experience this?
I have been messing with my PinWoofer settings but they are pretty much back within normal range of where they have always been, if not lower.
I've dropped down to playing at 18 on the pin and adjusting pinwoofer levels to blend around that volume to try and fix it where before I was always on 26 normal loud and 30 if I wanted to rock.
It's not fixing it and something has changed. That coupled with the fact I'm struggling to get a good balanced sound settings from my pinwoofer makes me wonder what is going on.
Do I have a pinwoofer issue? If it were grounding issue wouldn't it be consistent hum or hiss?
Is the game pop supposed to be suppressed by the pinwoofer mute?
Getting a little frustrated with the gremlins in my sound that weren't there before.... Any help or thoughts are appreciated.

Hey Vespula - I held off assisting you on the forum before because I thought that's what you were asking for - community feedback.

But, at this point PM sent - let's have a quick call. I'm certain there are some things we can address.

The juke box recording mastery is grainy and quiet compared to the in-game music so you should not base your settings on the juke box mode. I've noticed this, and we have received a lot of feedback in this regard, so it is what it is.

Anther anomaly example you may be hearing is the superimposed "vinyl-like" playback crackle from Cool Hand Luke, in Civil War during the intro monologue, where the pinball track has crackle added. It is not present in the GNR song, and it is not present in the movie, but it is present on the pin. Below is the movie for reference - what you hear on this track has nothing to do with your PinWoofer system and everything to do with the source audio:

Just realize that while the game has amazing audio for the most part, but there are some track issues and there is nothing you can do about some of this so I would not target your settings activities on these specific tracks and passages.

You may have something going on that despite your adjustment efforts, only I can help you with. We can also work on the rest, please give me a call. 208-855-0346

#20711 2 years ago
Quoted from PinWoofer:

Hey Vespula - I held off assisting you on the forum before because I thought that's what you were asking for - community feedback. But, at this point PM sent - let's have a quick call. I'm certain there are some things we can address.

Yup. My other post was similar topic but different context surrounding dials and levels only, and and why in that one asking the collective feedback because I think its something many others may be interested in!

So on this new and different topic which also thought forum would be a good place to talk ALL things GNR and mods, I would agree this leans towards and would benefit by leveraging your expertise , as I completely realize I may have something set wrong contributing to this, and as such, why I tagged you and planned to seek out your assistance! which I will do!

Edit. Dan has the solution for snap crackle pop static in your music and sounds.. reach out to him if you have this issue. Thanks Dan!

#20712 2 years ago
Quoted from Vespula:

I hope future code update fixes mystery award "light song" so it really only lights the song instead of start song like it does now.
I suspect what is occurring when song starts immediately on this light song award is due to the light activated while ball still in scoop and that same ball triggers song start also.
Need to add a delay on the light to 1 second after the eject so as to NOT START the song with that award like it does currently...
I'm ok with one start song mystery award but not two!
pinball_keefer

Give this a shot. In settings, increase # of letters to light mystery to 10. I can’t remember the last time I accidentally started a song because of mystery. Plus, it makes mystery more lucrative, both in and out of songs.

#20713 2 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Give this a shot. In settings, increase # of letters to light mystery to 10. I can’t remember the last time I accidentally started a song because of mystery. Plus, it makes mystery more lucrative, both in and out of songs.

I never noticed that was a setting.
But I think the default is 10? G U N S N R O S E S = 10
Maybe you meant set more than 10 ?

#20714 2 years ago
Quoted from Vespula:

I never noticed that was a setting.
But I think the default is 10? G U N S N R O S E S = 10
Maybe you meant set more than 10 ?

Hmmm. I’ll have to check tonight when I get home what I changed mine to.

#20715 2 years ago

New discovery, and maybe this is tied into why I am getting so many mystery awards? Does the record switch contribute towards letters?

I did I switch matrix test and my Wheel CW1 and CW2 are registering active and inactive just from vibrations and sometimes just sticking in active state, with no movement... I do the shaker test in and both cw2 and cw1 will light up and alternate from active to inactive... no wonder i finally got to slash solo the other week...

Anyway, anyone know how to adjust the record to less sensitive so it doesnt register UNLESS it actually spins or moves enough from a ball hit?
OR
Is this normal that the shaker and switch is often on bright green in the test?
Can someone else look at their matrix and do the shaker and tell me if this is normal and the Wheel CW1 and CW2 will register from vibration?

Attached is screen shot, but this is when both CW1 and CW2 are not active, obviously, and faux working.
I can hit + and engage the shaker and they will bounce around from forest green to olive green just from the shaker.

2022-03-11_16-06-23 (resized).jpg2022-03-11_16-06-23 (resized).jpg
#20716 2 years ago
Quoted from Vespula:

Anyone else play with their Pinwoofer settings a lot? Who has truly spent the time to dial it in?
Anyone care? lol.
I have been experimenting and trying to dial it in for weeks and seems like a moving target.
I have tried so many combinations of pin volume, pw gain, pw vol, backbox vol, bass vol, bass freq and it seems something is always out of balance and I cant find the sweet spot in the range of my pin volume adjustment that works really well. Trying to balance all the sounds, songs, call outs, bass, treble (the treble setting is simple, I dont need to mess with that one much) but bass freq seems to easily exceed the limits of the 8" woofer if its not in the right area, and also you lack bass response if its too high or too low also. Bass volume setting depends on bass freq, AND pw vol, AND gain. any of those out of sync and you get the cone bottom out, or the skill shot sounds like the speakers are gonna blow.
The guitars riffs rocking when you press start get great, but call outs weak. So I adjust for the call outs and then the bass is too much and distorted. I change the master volume and everything shifts, and I have to back off the backbox and bass to the call outs are great. I up the gain to max and play around again, and same things but with some occasional background noise in between certain audio tracks.
Then I adjust my pin volume up or down 5 notches and it all gets out of whack again (not linear) so I tried vol on the pin at 25 and dial it in and it doesnt sound right at 20 or 30 anymore. Oh, and then there is this strange phenomena that I swear the volume goes up or down on its own during the game, and also I think the coin door with high voltage dropping and coming back is affecting things too sometimes, but I am not sure about this. I have been pulling the switch out to restore high voltage and keep the coin door open so I can adjust the woofer while i am playing btw.
I reboot the pin and it all starts over and seems different yet again. Sound quality is great but I cant find the settings that rock call outs, game music, songs, in both the midrange and especially bass.
What is your pin volume set to when you adjust the PW?
What is your pin volume set at that you play all the time?
Anyone obsessed about the sound enough to REALLY have played with all the dials?
Would love to see pics of your dials and then what is your gain at (2 oclock?) and what is your pin vol at?
Does your main play setting that sounds great also sound good moving pin volume up 5 and down 5 from your "go to" vol?

For comparison, these are my current Pinwoofer and game volume settings. I’m mostly content with how it sounds at these values, but some of the game sounds and songs get extremely loud relative to the background in-game music, sounds and callouts. When certain songs or sound effects shoot way up relative to other sounds in the game, it’s painful on the ears. I end up turning down the master volume which doesn’t address the mix/balance issue.

That one song on Chinese Democracy is like nails on a chalkboard, lol. I might dial back the treble a little more. If it’s the master audio in the game not balanced/leveled correctly, there’s probably nothing that can be done about it. It seems like some songs are louder than others, but maybe I’m imagining things. That Slash Solo mode grates on the ears; I’d love to be able to turn the volume down on just that mode.

Where do you all have your music, speech, fanfare and FX game volume settings? I played with mine trying to bring down the speech, fanfare and FX volume slightly, but I’m not sure if I’m doing it right. I prefer the music/song volume relatively higher to the callouts and effects. Basically, how to turn up the song/music volume only and not raise all other sounds? If I turn up the main volume, everything gets louder. I normally toggle between 18 and 20 on the master game volume.
0CDC975C-88A6-4B62-88A2-718FB13384FC (resized).jpeg0CDC975C-88A6-4B62-88A2-718FB13384FC (resized).jpeg62F20915-1CA3-4781-8AEC-7CEC88EC83D1 (resized).jpeg62F20915-1CA3-4781-8AEC-7CEC88EC83D1 (resized).jpeg81A82521-3592-4011-9C9D-3B7C5DCE6F83 (resized).jpeg81A82521-3592-4011-9C9D-3B7C5DCE6F83 (resized).jpeg

#20717 2 years ago

Finally got another good score (for me).

Got 124m on Paradise City. A few other small ones on other songs.

Felt good to have a great game again. Man what a feeling hitting the scoop for that jackpot!

Screenshot_20220312-131218_Scorbit (resized).jpgScreenshot_20220312-131218_Scorbit (resized).jpgScreenshot_20220312-131232_Scorbit (resized).jpgScreenshot_20220312-131232_Scorbit (resized).jpg
#20718 2 years ago
Quoted from Ecw0930:

Finally got another good score (for me).
Got 124m on Paradise City. A few other small ones on other songs.
Felt good to have a great game again. Man what a feeling hitting the scoop for that jackpot!
[quoted image][quoted image]

Hell yea awesome! I saw the notification on Scorbit. Made me go play and while not as good, I tried a new strat and got a 79 mil desert demolition. That felt good.

#20719 2 years ago

Lol. I'm just clued in to the fact that Stern and Jersey Jack are both a 2-minute walk and a 2 minute drive from each other. Crazy. I know Jersey Jack relocated from Jersey in the past couple years. Stern was there first in 2015 so why did they pick Sterns backyard? What's the story?
7 tenths of a mile apart.

https://sternpinball.com/2015/04/29/stern-pinball-announces-move/

#20720 2 years ago
Quoted from Vespula:

Lol. I'm just clued in to the fact that Stern and Jersey Jack are both a 2-minute walk and a 2 minute drive from each other. Crazy. I know Jersey Jack relocated from Jersey in the past couple years. Stern was there first in 2015 so why did they pick Sterns backyard? What's the story?
7 tenths of a mile apart.

Guessing some kind of tax incentivized industrial zone.

#20721 2 years ago

Well I guess I could have searched before I posted. Here's a whole thread on it
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjp-moving-to-illinois

#20722 2 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Guessing some kind of tax incentivized industrial zone.

Easier to poach employees. Jersey is a hard sell.

#20723 2 years ago
Quoted from darkryder:

For comparison, these are my current Pinwoofer and game volume settings. I’m mostly content with how it sounds at these values, but some of the game sounds and songs get extremely loud relative to the background in-game music, sounds and callouts. When certain songs or sound effects shoot way up relative to other sounds in the game, it’s painful on the ears. I end up turning down the master volume which doesn’t address the mix/balance issue.
That one song on Chinese Democracy is like nails on a chalkboard, lol. I might dial back the treble a little more. If it’s the master audio in the game not balanced/leveled correctly, there’s probably nothing that can be done about it. It seems like some songs are louder than others, but maybe I’m imagining things. That Slash Solo mode grates on the ears; I’d love to be able to turn the volume down on just that mode.
Where do you all have your music, speech, fanfare and FX game volume settings? I played with mine trying to bring down the speech, fanfare and FX volume slightly, but I’m not sure if I’m doing it right. I prefer the music/song volume relatively higher to the callouts and effects. Basically, how to turn up the song/music volume only and not raise all other sounds? If I turn up the main volume, everything gets louder. I normally toggle between 18 and 20 on the master game volume.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Here's mine where I think I like it right now.. 17/18 normal to 20 if I want loud pin volume.. higher if I'm wanting to really get crazy.

Gain is 3 o'clock
Volume 12 o'clock
Treble 3:30
Bbox 1 o'clock
Bass vol Max
Bass freq 3ish, maybe 315

Game settings in screen shot but I have them default factory.
Songs are louder with this setup, but I like that and everything else pretty good right now.

I did have to make some trim adjustment to expander board to get rid of some crackle I was getting during Sounds and songs. Dan sent me instructions on how to adjust this. It's not something he would want people tinkering with as they break easily And you have a few limited opportunities to adjust these before they break. And you shouldn't need to unless you have static like I did. These are my words not his.

20220312_150006 (resized).jpg20220312_150006 (resized).jpg20220312_152528 (resized).jpg20220312_152528 (resized).jpg
#20724 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Easier to poach employees. Jersey is a hard sell.

That may be, but he was asking why 2 mins from stern, not Illinois vs NJ.

#20725 2 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

That may be, but he was asking why 2 mins from stern, not Illinois vs NJ.

It's another bullet point on the "Pro" column for an employment change of poach-ees.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#20726 2 years ago

True enough. From reading the thread there were several JJP already in the area, and apparently it's the pinball capital anyway... So it makes sense to grow and get everyone under one roof, but that being said, being less than one mile away? it seems like there might be a good (or at least interesting) story there. Maybe not.

#20727 2 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Hell yea awesome! I saw the notification on Scorbit. Made me go play and while not as good, I tried a new strat and got a 79 mil desert demolition. That felt good.

That's a freaking great score on DD!

#20728 2 years ago

Can anyone provide advice on how to change the rubber just beyond the coma target? I assume I need to move the upper playfield, and I removed the screw just above the Gibson marker. I’m not sure what else needs adjusted.

BF76B494-2699-45B2-838D-EA7CA01E38AF (resized).jpegBF76B494-2699-45B2-838D-EA7CA01E38AF (resized).jpeg
#20729 2 years ago
Quoted from Looking4FirstPin:

Can anyone provide advice on how to change the rubber just beyond the coma target? I assume I need to move the upper playfield, and I removed the screw just above the Gibson marker. I’m not sure what else needs adjusted.

If you mean the rubber for the Pyro target, yeah… pain. Maybe it can be done otherwise, but I took the entire upper playfield off and took the opportunity to change the blue snubbers and everything else accessible under the upper playfield.

To remove it, see the key posts. Specifically: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-jjp-gnr-thread/page/150#post-6197148

#20730 2 years ago

Can anyone provide advice on how to change the rubber just beyond the coma target? I assume I need to move the upper playfield, and I removed the screw just above the Gibson marker.

You can also try the "quick method" here, which doesn't require removing the whole upper playfield. Should be in and out in under 30 minutes.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-jjp-gnr-thread/page/375#post-6671996

#20731 2 years ago

Thank you both very much.

#20732 2 years ago

Can anyone provide advice on how to change the rubber just beyond the coma target? I assume I need to move the upper playfield, and I removed the screw just above the Gibson marker. I’m not sure what else needs adjusted.[quoted image]

My answer to all of these questions is always

"Yeah, buy an SE".

#20733 2 years ago
Quoted from Vespula:

True enough. From reading the thread there were several JJP already in the area, and apparently it's the pinball capital anyway... So it makes sense to grow and get everyone under one roof, but that being said, being less than one mile away? it seems like there might be a good (or at least interesting) story there. Maybe not.

Their commute is virtually unchanged post-poach. Bahahaha

#20734 2 years ago

player one is in shock.
This thread is in a coma.
Can someone tell me what the fck is going on?

#20735 2 years ago

Just sold my SE and have ordered the LE. Hopefully it will be a good decision LE is should be here next week.

#20736 2 years ago
Quoted from Vespula:

player one is in shock.
This thread is in a coma.
Can someone tell me what the fck is going on?

This pin's like a year and a half old, new pins are out that are well-received, so attention has shifted to those honeymoons. Also, the pandemic is calming down so people are starting to get out more. It's the natural way of things. Activity can't stay red-hot like it's been in this thread forever.

#20737 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

This pin's like a year and a half old, new pins are out that are well-received, so attention has shifted to those honeymoons. Also, the pandemic is calming down so people are starting to get out more. It's the natural way of things. Activity can't stay red-hot like it's been in this thread forever.

Seems like the perfect time to release a code update and get people talking about the game more!

#20738 2 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

Seems like the perfect time to release a code update and get people talking about the game more!

Would be nice, but probably piss off jjPotC fans that have been waiting a LONG time for their update.

Also, while we're talking jjGnR update, I hope Hogbog asks pinball_keefer or whoever's doing the update to fix the "underwear" badge to "panties." Women's underwear can refer to bra or panties or both. Bra is a specific kind of women's underwear. Panties are another. Having a Bra/Underwear badge set is dumb. It should be Bra/Panties so it at least makes sense.

#20739 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Well your post number 22,222 has a sobering message... At least I know YOU'LL never leave me.
If you are right, and monks usually are, I think I'll choose to stay in denial just a tad longer..

#20740 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Would be nice, but probably piss off jjPotC fans that have been waiting a LONG time for their update.
Also, while we're talking jjGnR update, I hope Hogbog asks pinball_keefer or whoever's doing the update to fix the "underwear" badge to "panties." Women's underwear can refer to bra or panties or both. Bra is a specific kind of women's underwear. Panties are another. Having a Bra/Underwear badge set is dumb. It should be Bra/Panties so it at least makes sense.

The difference is that they aren't making JJPOTC any more and still have another 1400+ GNR pins to sell before they wrap up the entire 5000 pin run. Makes sense to release code for the pin they're actually still selling first.

#20741 2 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

The difference is that they aren't making JJPOTC any more and still have another 1400+ GNR pins to sell before they wrap up the entire 5000 pin run. Makes sense to release code for the pin they're actually still selling first.

If it means we ditch the underwear and get panties faster in the code, you're speaking my language.

#20742 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

I’d rather have a slash solo fix. But that’s just me

#20743 2 years ago
Quoted from Vespula:

Well your post number 22,222 has a sobering message... At least I know YOU'LL never leave me.
If you are right, and monks usually are, I think I'll choose to stay in denial just a tad longer..

I won't leave you either <3

#20744 2 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

I’d rather have a slash solo fix. But that’s just me

Oh, let's be clear, I want the solo fix, the 1-2 sec grace period on guitar locks for power chords, the skull to stop obscuring jackpots at the exact wrong time, maybe a 1sec applause scoop grace period, the album mini-games more fun and less "interrupt-y" - all that.

But the underwear change to panties has to be made, or else change the picture to mens boxers, which makes even less sense.

#20745 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Oh, let's be clear, I want the solo fix, the 1-2 sec grace period on guitar locks for power chords, the skull to stop obscuring jackpots at the exact wrong time, maybe a 1sec applause scoop grace period, the album mini-games more fun and less "interrupt-y" - all that.
But the underwear change to panties has to be made, or else change the picture to mens boxers, which makes even less sense.

100% agree with the code update wishlist—they should put you and Eskaybee on the payroll… but let’s get into the important stuff.

The lady of the house shoots dagger looks at me when I say “panties,” and always calls them underwear. I don’t have a horse in this race, but maybe it’s apparently a sexist thing of some sort perhaps these days maybe? Maybe Melissa refused to call them panties when she was recording for the game. I’m just ghost advocating here, I don’t have an opinion really. I just noticed this place is kind of a sausage fest and we may be missing something.

Really wouldn’t know, I’ve traditionally preferred women who don’t wear any.

There goes my chance to be president one day, just for a clunker of a joke. Worth it!

#20746 2 years ago
Quoted from deejaypee:

The lady of the house shoots dagger looks at me when I say “panties,” and always calls them underwear. I don’t have a horse in this race, but maybe it’s apparently a sexist thing of some sort perhaps these days maybe? Maybe Melissa refused to call them panties when she was recording for the game. I’m just ghost advocating here, I don’t have an opinion really. I just noticed this place is kind of a sausage fest and we may be missing something.

I get her preference, but just grammatically it makes no sense.

Underwear is a blanket word for bra, panties, T-shirt, briefs, thongs, boxers, etc, each of which are a member of the underwear "group." Panties are also asexual as they are specifically female, and the drawing is absolutely for a women, not unisex or men's underwear. "Bra and underwear" as a set sounds wrong/redundant since bras ARE underwear also.

#20747 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

I get her preference, but just grammatically it makes no sense.
Underwear is a blanket word for bra, panties, T-shirt, briefs, thongs, boxers, etc, each of which are a member of the underwear "group." Panties are also asexual as they are specifically female, and the drawing is absolutely for a women, not unisex or men's underwear. "Bra and underwear" as a set sounds wrong/redundant since bras ARE underwear also.

Technically, you are correct, and that is the best kind of correct! I guess they’re most specifically “bikini briefs,” but alliterative as it is, it doesn’t roll off the tongue. If brevity weren’t an issue, I’d suggest “unmentionables,” a term I find delightful in its paradoxical calling out of something it purports to keep quiet about. And in lieu of “bra,” my 11-year old self wants to hear “over the shoulder boulder holder.”

In the end, “bra and panties” is the phrase most popular for these particular undergarments for the last 50 years, so I’ll join your camp. JJP isn’t here to shift paradigms in verbiage.

#20748 2 years ago
Quoted from Vespula:

I did I switch matrix test and my Wheel CW1 and CW2 are registering active and inactive just from vibrations and sometimes just sticking in active state, with no movement... I do the shaker test in and both cw2 and cw1 will light up and alternate from active to inactive... no wonder i finally got to slash solo the other week...

In the switch matrix test you are just seeing the raw state of the wheel optos - that's good for troubleshooting opto and wiring problems but doesn't represent what's going on with the wheel, where the relative states of those optos across time are used to determine direction and speed of the wheel.

For that, there is Record Test under Tests:Device Tests - that will let you see if the wheel is behaving correctly, when taking all that into account.

#20749 2 years ago
Quoted from frobozz:

In the switch matrix test you are just seeing the raw state of the wheel optos - that's good for troubleshooting opto and wiring problems but doesn't represent what's going on with the wheel, where the relative states of those optos across time are used to determine direction and speed of the wheel.
For that, there is Record Test under Tests:Device Tests - that will let you see if the wheel is behaving correctly, when taking all that into account.

Thank you for that!

Quoted from deejaypee:

100% agree with the code update wishlist—they should put you and Eskaybee on the payroll… but let’s get into the important stuff.
Really wouldn’t know, I’ve traditionally preferred women who don’t wear any.
There goes my chance to be president one day, just for a clunker of a joke. Worth it!

If you argue that DJ then you pretty much have to cancel the entire pin. Lol.
For some reason, I love that pinmonk is so passionate about women's attire and not ashamed to talk about it

Quoted from zaphX:

I won't leave you either <3

Quoted from PinMonk:

If it means we ditch the underwear and get panties faster in the code, you're speaking my language.

Add my pet peeve code bug of mystery award "Light Song" that doesn't... It starts song.

#20750 2 years ago

hey all - a few confusing things happened to me on my last game - can't see they are related... but then again, what do I know:
1. the ball, when in the scoop, would sit for a while, then be ejected without the game recognising it had been there. So I dropped it in during a song while it was lit green and no add a ball. This happened a number of times (different parts of the game), but the ball was in the scoop and ejected, but the game didn't "count" the ball being in the scoop. To be clear, it wasn't going into ball search in order to eject the ball, it was just like a really delayed response (but only in terms of ejecting, not in terms of the ball being in the scoop being "recognised). I'd have thought this wasn't possible (for the game to eject the ball, it has to know it is there, so why not count the shot?)
2. the game failed to recognise a shot under the left upper flipper. So the blue Multiball (make some noise) was lit, the ball went in under the flipper, but no Multiball
3 - the game crashed (hilariously I thought it was the "shall we play a game" mode for a split second) with the ball bouncing around the pops.

Any possibility these are somehow related? Any known fixes for any of these issues? thanks

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pin Monk

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 210.00
€ 69.00
Pinball Machine
Multiball mods

$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

7,450 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Silverthorne, CO
$ 60.00
Hardware
Pin Parts

$ 109.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 40.00
Playfield - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 130.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Machine - For Sale
Fredericksburg, VA
$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

€ 42.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 10,200.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

12,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Long Beach, NY
$ 11,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 28,410 posts in this topic. You are on page 415 of 569.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-jjp-gnr-thread/page/415 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.