image0 (resized).jpeg
GnRAllenWrenchMod (resized).jpg
200w.gif
IMG_2222 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2652 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4454 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2642.gif

Topic index (key posts)

78 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 28,385 posts in this topic. You are on page 411 of 568.
#20501 2 years ago
Quoted from MJW:

Cthomas1988 requested it….

I agree that I wouldn’t want that in mind but that’s how I originally found him so I suppose it’s placement worked.

#20502 2 years ago

If anyone is looking I just posted my LE for trade.

LE #1811

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/for-trade-guns-n-roses-le-4

#20503 2 years ago
Quoted from MJW:

Cthomas1988 requested it….

So it's not printed on the actual cover? Just the picture? That's a relief...

#20504 2 years ago

Ok whats going on here, did this wire form break ?

wire (resized).jpgwire (resized).jpg
#20505 2 years ago
Quoted from DKong:

Ok whats going on here, did this wire form break ?[quoted image]

Yeah, it looks like the part that depresses the switch arm broke off.

#20506 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Yeah, it looks like the part that depresses the switch arm broke off.

I am such a back flip patch whore, where do I get a new one

#20507 2 years ago
Quoted from DKong:

I am such a back flip patch whore, where do I get a new one

JJP part number is 13-1000010-00, but I'd hit up pinball spare parts au and see if they have a B/W gate that's close enough, like this one:

https://www.pinballspareparts.com.au/12-7435.html

#20508 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

So it's not printed on the actual cover? Just the picture? That's a relief...

Yea, I'm really having a hard time swallowing those shipping costs, not to mention how long it would take. Looking at all my options right now. After laying the egg to my LE, my butt is still kinda sore !

#20509 2 years ago
Quoted from DKong:

Ok whats going on here, did this wire form break ?[quoted image]

Won't it just pop back into the hole? The side that activates the switch appears to be the other side of the gate.

#20510 2 years ago
Quoted from DKong:

Ok whats going on here, did this wire form break ?

This happened to mine a couple of times when I first got it as well, just needed to insert it back in and bend the tab with the hole slightly in towards the ramp and I haven't had issues since.

#20511 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Yes. It's an optional second kit that has cooling for both the magnet and diverter. Been in testing for a while, should be out soon. The hottest I've seen the magnet get when cooled is 128F. It's usually around 100F cooled. The problematic built-in thermal switch on the coil shuts off at 185F, and they are dying, so the magnet exceeds 185F uncooled. So the cooling solves the problem. Should be available soon.
I'm still pretty sure there's a problem in the code that's contributing to the magnet issues, because occasionally I can see the magnet temp rise unchecked by itself with the ball in the shooter lane. I think some mode or code snippet isn't shutting off and the magnet's being partially powered when it shouldn't be. OR the magnet-sense is too robust at times. It's not always, but when it starts climbing on its own, it's obvious.

maybe put a metal wire hanging slightly out of allignment above the magnet area. When it pull towards the magnet when playing you have an indicator when it active when it is not suposed to be.

#20512 2 years ago

I held out as long as I could possibly stand it. I FINALLY ordered my 3 fan cooling system from Pin Monk. All you fellow pinsiders saying how much it helps finally convinced me

#20513 2 years ago

Wife and I are going to the Slash concert tonight in Denver. Can’t wait to see my favorite pinball co-designer again in concert! Wish I had a JJP tshirt to wear.

#20514 2 years ago
Quoted from jacksparrow0112:

Wife and I are going to the Slash concert tonight in Denver. Can’t wait to see my favorite pinball co-designer again in concert! Wish I had a JJP tshirt to wear.

Nice! I fucking loved seeing this show when they came through my town! Miles' vocals are amazing and their GnR covers are pretty awesome in their own right! You'll have a blast!

#20515 2 years ago
Quoted from CoolCatPinball:

I held out as long as I could possibly stand it. I FINALLY ordered my 3 fan cooling system from Pin Monk. All you fellow pinsiders saying how much it helps finally convinced me

Big difference. Even with them I can tell they lose power. But at least they are not mush.

#20516 2 years ago
Quoted from jacksparrow0112:

Quoted from atg1469:

Nice! I fucking loved seeing this show when they came through my town! Miles' vocals are amazing and their GnR covers are pretty awesome in their own right! You'll have a blast!

Fuck yeah! Slash in Portland about 10’ from us.

009DD7EE-4966-46BF-87E1-587BDDFE0570 (resized).jpeg009DD7EE-4966-46BF-87E1-587BDDFE0570 (resized).jpeg6DF96AB5-990D-4273-A8D5-A9950C0FF5CE (resized).jpeg6DF96AB5-990D-4273-A8D5-A9950C0FF5CE (resized).jpeg
#20517 2 years ago
Quoted from PinsNJeeps:

Fuck yeah! Slash in Portland about 10’ from us. [quoted image][quoted image]

Yeah we are HUGE fans of the Slash/Miles combo! This will be our 4th time seeing these rockers live. Slash always puts on an amazing show. Just wish I could have him swing by our house, play a few games on our LE, and then sign it on his way out of town.

#20518 2 years ago
Quoted from PinsNJeeps:

Fuck yeah! Slash in Portland about 10’ from us. [quoted image][quoted image]

Slash is amazing to watch. I saw him with Velvet Revolver. One of the best shows ever. They played a little STP and GNR

#20519 2 years ago
Quoted from CoolCatPinball:

you will not regret it. i have them now for half a year in mine and am looking out for the diverter+magnet cooling fans he is developing.

#20520 2 years ago

Just sold a Standard GNR never had an issue!!
Now the Game is resetting during songs for the new owner.
Already went through a reseated all connectors.
No luck ,
Please help!

#20521 2 years ago
Quoted from cybevenom:

you will not regret it. i have them now for half a year in mine and am looking out for the diverter+magnet cooling fans he is developing.

I really want the diverter fan. One coil already burned out and the programming puts it up sometimes when. It shouldn't be to prevent burn out. I hate how they implemented that.

#20522 2 years ago

Any recommendations on fixing switch 58? It is the center scoop VUK, and it is not recognizing the ball. I have not modified that scoop to put in a Cliffy. It is stock.

Thanks.
Jeff

#20523 2 years ago
Quoted from Looking4FirstPin:

Any recommendations on fixing switch 58? It is the center scoop VUK, and it is not recognizing the ball. I have not modified that scoop to put in a Cliffy. It is stock.
Thanks.
Jeff

Bend the end of the switch upwards. Don't snap it off the switch in the process.

#20524 2 years ago

Thanks. Do you mean the white piece that the coil operates?

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
#20525 2 years ago

Thanks. Do you mean the white piece that the coil operates?
[quoted image]

Not the white piece. That's the piece that kicks the ball out of the hole. The switch is right on the edge of the hole with a small roller on it. Gently try to bend the arm with the roller up a little so that the ball will push it down further when it rests in the hole.

This works for most people. If you are one for whom it does not work, I came up with a fix that will solve your issue:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-jjp-gnr-thread/page/271#post-6442309

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#20526 2 years ago

Thanks, I can’t get it. I tried to push it uo, but even on the switch test, nothing I do can get it to register.

#20527 2 years ago
roller (resized).pngroller (resized).png
#20529 2 years ago

deleted **

#20530 2 years ago

I had this issue a couple of months ago where it stopped registering out of the blue. I was going to bend the switch but decided to check the wiring first. I jiggled the wires and it started working again. I haven’t had an issue with it since.

#20531 2 years ago

New magnet coil arrived today, with some unexpected tags!

Can anyone tell if this has been updated from the photo's?

IMG_1014 (resized).jpgIMG_1014 (resized).jpgIMG_1015 (resized).jpgIMG_1015 (resized).jpg
#20532 2 years ago

Ok I opened it to check the thermal thingamajigga, looks to be the same one, will hold off installing.
IMG_1016 (resized).jpgIMG_1016 (resized).jpg

#20533 2 years ago

When u complete the upper lanes and it says u got a rose… what does that do exactly?

#20534 2 years ago
Quoted from Wariodolby:Just sold a Standard GNR never had an issue!!
Now the Game is resetting during songs for the new owner.
Already went through a reseated all connectors.
No luck ,
Please help!

Check the power plug on the back of the machine. Intermittent connection of the PC power cord will cause this. Songs have shaker effects...

#20535 2 years ago
Quoted from glpinball:

Bend the end of the switch upwards. Don't snap it off the switch in the process.

The diverter/magnet fan set will go on pinmonk.com late tomorrow or Saturday. It requires a GnR Tibetan Breeze already be installed since it splits power off that.

#20536 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

The diverter/magnet fan set will go on pinmonk.com late tomorrow or Saturday. It requires a GnR Tibetan Breeze already be installed since it splits power off that.

Is the new magnet coil upgraded as per my pics above or the same as the original ?

cheers

#20537 2 years ago
Quoted from DKong:

Is the new magnet coil upgraded as per my pics above or the same as the original ?
cheers

The specs are the same, but the physical switch looks different (there's a sock on it, the others didn't have that), so maybe they are using a better vendor?

Or maybe it's the same and they just put a sock on it. No way to really tell. It's def not a higher temp switch.

#20538 2 years ago
Quoted from Dantesmark:

When u complete the upper lanes and it says u got a rose… what does that do exactly?

I believe it adds 1x to your end of ball bonus.

#20539 2 years ago

Help! I'm looking for the harness that the JJP topper plugs into. The instructions say there is supposed to be a mating cable back here in the backbox, but everything is connected. Needs to plug into this...

16458289980304845795229937064054 (resized).jpg16458289980304845795229937064054 (resized).jpg
#20540 2 years ago
Quoted from CTHOMAS1998:

Help! I'm looking for the harness that the JJP topper plugs into. The instructions say there is supposed to be a mating cable back here in the backbox, but everything is connected. Needs to plug into this...
[quoted image]

Please review this tech tip (step 6). The connector is there. It’s just hiding.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-jjp-gnr-thread/page/346#post-6593835

#20541 2 years ago
Quoted from PinsNJeeps:

Please review this tech tip (step 6). The connector is there. It’s just hiding.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-jjp-gnr-thread/page/346#post-6593835

On mine, that bundle of wires loops over the retainer clip, and feeds back down into the black hose bundle. I definitely didn't want to pull those to see if they came out. Was afraid I would unplug something. Guess I'll try to fish those out in the morning. The wife wants to play the game!

#20542 2 years ago

Finally

02DE48B4-5D7B-4FB2-BE4F-FE8CCBA30C0A (resized).jpeg02DE48B4-5D7B-4FB2-BE4F-FE8CCBA30C0A (resized).jpeg
#20543 2 years ago

Wait till you turn it on and the Holy shit/ Tourettes Syndrome starts. Congrats best pin ever!

#20544 2 years ago

After 9 months of waiting we finally picked up our JJP GNR LE! Ordered at the same time as our friends so we actually did a double unboxing with them. My 10 yo son did did some filming because he wants to post on YouTube. As expected Next Level Pinball in Hillsboro, OR was awesome! Jordan hung out with us for a while and Ken spent about 4 hours or more dialing everything in and installing the mirror blades with basically no room to spare. Was a 12 hour plus day for us driving down and back from the greater Seattle area, but totally worth it! We will be back as soon as our Rush Pro arrives.

3DCD855C-76B5-458E-A1B2-578383C69E31 (resized).jpeg3DCD855C-76B5-458E-A1B2-578383C69E31 (resized).jpeg6FA7F4F4-CBC8-4220-8935-67254817F374 (resized).jpeg6FA7F4F4-CBC8-4220-8935-67254817F374 (resized).jpeg8810DB4E-83E1-4B8A-8F44-2E0DEC93B692 (resized).jpeg8810DB4E-83E1-4B8A-8F44-2E0DEC93B692 (resized).jpegD803EC2E-3957-4EE3-922F-622DD8306B8F (resized).jpegD803EC2E-3957-4EE3-922F-622DD8306B8F (resized).jpeg
#20545 2 years ago
Quoted from Dobler:

After 9 months of waiting we finally picked up our JJP GNR LE! Ordered at the same time as our friends so we actually did a double unboxing with them. My 10 yo son did did some filming because he wants to post on YouTube. As expected Next Level Pinball in Hillsboro, OR was awesome! Jordan hung out with us for a while and Ken spent about 4 hours or more dialing everything in and installing the mirror blades with basically no room to spare. Was a 12 hour plus day for us driving down and back from the greater Seattle area, but totally worth it! We will be back as soon as our Rush Pro arrives.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Sounds like a great day , cool looking place .

#20546 2 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

Sounds like a great day , cool looking place .

You have no idea. It is an awesome place and a great place to buy a game. I buy all of my games from Jordan and never have had any problem with delivery, service, and pricing, and honesty. NextLevel is just a great business with great people. You can see more of his arcade/business on his website.

#20547 2 years ago
Quoted from arcadem:

You have no idea. It is an awesome place and a great place to buy a game. I buy all of my games from Jordan and never have had any problem with delivery, service, and pricing, and honesty. NextLevel is just a great business with great people. You can see more of his arcade/business on his website.

Totally agree with all of that and more! It’s worth the inconvenience of the drive. In fact it’s worth the drive for me just to visit the arcade. The place is unlike anything I could have ever imagined.

#20548 2 years ago

Hoping I'm there Tues or wed to pick up nx purchase!!

#20549 2 years ago

Any known issue why my game is taking almost 5 minutes to boot up ?

#20550 2 years ago

Ok, so today I noticed that the switch at left ramp entrance was stuck closed in test report. After inspecting the switch I see that the wire gate is not situated properly, (switch was not sitting on top of wire) I place it back on then notice that the leaf seems to be resting to the far left of the wire thus causing friction and now is an active switch. So question is, Do I need to bend the wire gate, or leaf, or both.....or something completely different? If I spin the gate the leaf immediately comes off. and does not return to proper position. TIA
(sorry pic. not the best)

20220226_134226 (resized).jpg20220226_134226 (resized).jpg
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pin Monk

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Machine - For Sale
St. Clair Shores, MI
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 210.00
€ 69.00
Pinball Machine
Multiball mods

$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

7,800 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Anaheim, CA
$ 60.00
Hardware
Pin Parts

$ 109.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 40.00
Playfield - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 130.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Ardmore, PA
$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

€ 42.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 10,200.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

8,800 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Old Saybrook, CT
$ 11,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 28,385 posts in this topic. You are on page 411 of 568.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-jjp-gnr-thread/page/411?hl=jdub03 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.