IMG_20240413_155854 (resized).jpg
IMG_20240413_155858 (resized).jpg
IMG_20240413_155856 (resized).jpg
IMG_1426 (resized).jpeg (© Nutty 5.0)
IMG_2636.gif
IMG_2002 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2003 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

78 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 28,342 posts in this topic. You are on page 410 of 567.
#20451 2 years ago

Why are screws always coming off on this pin? Is this normal for pins to have new screws show up in the cab biweekly? I have a small collection and GnR is the only machine I work on weekly. It’s quite annoying and makes ownership much less enjoyable.

My concern is if it’s normal after almost a year of ownership to have screws still coming off? I had coil stop screws come off, spot light screws and brackets snap off, railing screws, coil screws, circuit board screws all fall off in the past. Is this normal and expected or abnormal?

#20452 2 years ago
Quoted from Flipper_Ripper:

Why are screws always coming off on this pin? Is this normal for pins to have new screws show up in the cab biweekly? I have a small collection and GnR is the only machine I work on weekly. It’s quite annoying and makes ownership much less enjoyable.
My concern is if it’s normal after almost a year of ownership to have screws still coming off? I had coil stop screws come off, spot light screws and brackets snap off, railing screws, coil screws, circuit board screws all fall off in the past. Is this normal and expected or abnormal?

I haven’t had that problem in over a year of ownership. Not sure why yours would be so finicky

#20453 2 years ago

PinMonk are you still planning on adding a magnet fan to the kit?

#20454 2 years ago
Quoted from adrock:

PinMonk are you still planning on adding a magnet fan to the kit?

Yes. It's an optional second kit that has cooling for both the magnet and diverter. Been in testing for a while, should be out soon. The hottest I've seen the magnet get when cooled is 128F. It's usually around 100F cooled. The problematic built-in thermal switch on the coil shuts off at 185F, and they are dying, so the magnet exceeds 185F uncooled. So the cooling solves the problem. Should be available soon.

I'm still pretty sure there's a problem in the code that's contributing to the magnet issues, because occasionally I can see the magnet temp rise unchecked by itself with the ball in the shooter lane. I think some mode or code snippet isn't shutting off and the magnet's being partially powered when it shouldn't be. OR the magnet-sense is too robust at times. It's not always, but when it starts climbing on its own, it's obvious.

#20455 2 years ago
Quoted from Flipper_Ripper:

You must have a Monday or Friday pin

#20456 2 years ago

Reminder that Karl/IEpinball Godzilla stream with the Tibetan Breeze Flipper Coil cooling kit (winner's choice of which one)/Tshirt/??? giveaways starts at 2pm PST (in about 5 minutes). I'm not sure what format the contests are, but you can type !contest in twitch chat to get the details for today.

https://www.twitch.tv/iepinball

EDIT: Type !THEQUIZ in the twitch chat to get a entry quiz for a free Tibetan Breeze to the first to get them all right. If no one does, it will be a random drawing. There will also be a drawing from everyone else for another Tibetan Breeze, so TWO are up for grabs.

#20457 2 years ago

This machine is being added to our local league play. If you can post any helpful tips/techniques on scoring I would appreciate it. Thanks in advance!

#20458 2 years ago
Quoted from MerseDaddy:

This machine is being added to our local league play. If you can post any helpful tips/techniques on scoring I would appreciate it. Thanks in advance!

Karl/IEPinball has a bunch of great archived GnR streams with excellent tips and strategies on twitch and youtube. I'd watch those...

#20459 2 years ago

psexton just emailed me he has a few Slash skeleton figures, back in stock.

Mine just arrived yesterday, and I'm out of town till Tuesday

If you're interested hit him up: https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1223-pinball-forever/05388-lead-guitar-figure-jjp-guns-n-roses-

Kerry

#20460 2 years ago
Quoted from Kerry_Richard:

If you're interested hit him up: https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1223-pinball-forever/05388-lead-guitar-figure-jjp-guns-n-roses-
Kerry

Just ordered!!

#20461 2 years ago
Quoted from Kerry_Richard:

Kerry

Ordered mine. Thanks for the tip!!

#20462 2 years ago

Scorbit v1.2 is here, with some major changes to challenges and playing flow. Check out the details in the Scorbit thread here:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/scorbit-official-thread/page/11#post-6788938

#20463 2 years ago

Wanted a pin shield but liked the look of this one.

3A170D3D-F5D8-4BE6-AE22-C029206D5615 (resized).jpeg3A170D3D-F5D8-4BE6-AE22-C029206D5615 (resized).jpeg
#20464 2 years ago

GNR. The most electrifying, Adrenalin boosted, holy shit hang on to your hats, game in pinball! yes I’m buzzed. But yea… this game, wooooo!

Just missed the end of paradise city, went into thirst for carnage with 100+ album level. 1.5 mil+ per shot and the alcohol kicked in as I watched the ball deadflip left-right-drain

#20465 2 years ago

Honestly get mirror blades. They will fit.

16454205768951648462589187953200 (resized).jpg16454205768951648462589187953200 (resized).jpg
#20466 2 years ago

Blew 6 balls on Rocket Queen with MAX song level tonight. Been hacking and grinding my way lately through multiple songs with smaller over jackpots it seems. Even my recent 280,000,000 score was a half dozen songs or more, none worth more than 55,000,000. The struggle is real with this game.

#20467 2 years ago
Quoted from MJW:

[quoted image]

So I really like the bottom of this one. Any chance you have the artwork for that? I would like to pair that with some GnR logo rather than JJP. Or maybe you could snag a high rez pic of the game flow?

That machine looks nice btw.

#20468 2 years ago
Quoted from MJW:

[quoted image]

That's pretty cool. I don't see that on the JJP site. Is someone else selling that?

#20469 2 years ago

I really wanna get this game, but it looks so crowded. That is not bad for gameplay, but when I think about have to clean this thing. What do you owners think about cleaning vs other pins? Is it a PITA?

#20470 2 years ago
Quoted from MLarkin78:

I really wanna get this game, but it looks so crowded. That is not bad for gameplay, but when I think about have to clean this thing. What do you owners think about cleaning vs other pins? Is it a PITA?

In a home environment, all you really need to do is occasionally wipe down the rubber, clean/replace the balls, and maybe put some wax on the main open area of the playfield. Anything more than that shouldn't be needed more than 1x a year or so, if that. Now, when the time does come for a complete topside teardown, I imagine it will be pretty rough.

#20471 2 years ago

After ~3 weeks or so of GNR LE ownership, I went mod-happy yesterday and put four new mods. Sharing a few thoughts (in order of which I installed):

1: Tibetan Breeze Fan Mods PinMonk
Install - A “breeze” to install. Took my time and all-in maybe 45 minutes start to finish. They are well designed and while you can hear them with the table vertical, they make no noise with the machine closed and the glass on. The added Pinmonk wire cutting tool is seriously amazing and I used it on several follow-on mod installs. Easy and humorous instructions.

Performance - Others have said it, but it’s a night and day difference with gameplay. Even in the first song mode (after a few lead in multiballs) my flippers would get soggy and struggle launching multiple balls at once. The game really plays differently now. Multiballs I’m able to get some serious momentum on shots, even with multiple balls on the flipper at once. Upper flipper consistently performs much better and I can loop shot or hit the scoop with it consistently. Right after I pre-ordered six months ago, I made joke post on Reddit (https://www.reddit.com/r/pinball/comments/p7w3x0/important_question_about_the_virility_of_gnr/) about how while I loved the game, it didn’t like how it felt slow/floaty/soggy. It feels that way no longer. With having SO MUCH going on in this game at once, not having to manage increasingly soggy flippers throughout is a huge upgrade.

2: Pinwoofer JJP Super Kit (KO Amp) PinWoofer
Install - I took my time with this one (3 hours?) to get familiar with new parts of my machine along the way I hadn’t yet worked with. Installing it could be done in 30 minutes once you figure out how to do it. Was a fun project with clear instructions. When first booting I had no sound / power on my amp. Sent a note to Dan at Pinwoofer and he called me within like 10 minutes. Quick troubleshooting revealed I had plugged the two pin connnector backwards on the power board. I flipped it back into the correct position (luckily no blown fuses) and everything came alive when booted up. Side note - Dan is such a nice, knowledgeable and helpful guy!

Performance - WHOA! From the moment you hear it, the upgraded sound is a huge improvement. Every single note, callout, sound effect really sounds amazing. You can feel the sound waves coming at you like you’re at a concert. Subwoofer is crisp and clear, tweeters make a huge difference in voice clarity, really feels like a high end audio system. A huge part of this game is experiencing the music and this takes the experience to the next level. This upgrade is hands down worth the money. No doubt Pinwoofer will be a mandatory upgrade on any future machines with good music or sound effects (e.g. Stern JP would probably be awesome but I’m not enthused about any more sound coming from my Stern TMNT lol).

3: Little Shop of Games Bullet Shooter Rod and Shooter Skull Bundle
Install - This probably took me 5 minutes? I had recently gone through replacing the shooter rod on TMNT so was familiar with the process. (Note: TMNT was actually horrible to install because it comes with a under powered spring). This was very simple and straight forward and I had zero issues.

Performance - It’s a shooter rod that looks cool. BUT WAIT - THERE’S MORE. In my comments on the Tibetan Breeze above, I’d mentioned that the game always felt a bit soggy to me. This included the plunge - the pull back and release always felt sort of wimpy and rattly. Not just on my machine but on others I’d played. Shooting with the bullet plunger feels much more crisp. There seems to be a narrower range in which I can hit skill shots and requires more precision, and there’s way more power to overshoot, but it just feels better. I wasn’t expecting this change but very welcome. Also - being a bullet you’d expect this to be “bullet sized” and small but it’s actually quite hefty. Check out the side by side with the original plunger ball (below), it’s not much narrower and much longer. Also, mine came with this amazing card-sized multi tool and a bottle opener which I appreciated.

4: Official GNR Inner Art Blades
Install - I enlisted my wife’s help this time around. Used Rapid Tac wet install. In the end they went on well but were a pain in the process like art blades usually are. I lifted my table out completely by balancing it on the front of the cabinet to give my wife full access to the sides. It made it easier, but I ended up chewing up a small bit of wood in the front. It’s an area covered by the apron so not the end of the world.

Performance - No surprises here. Looks great. I found the lights inside to be so bright that it can make the side art hard to see at times.

Fix attempt - Plunger Lane ball stopper
When the auto plunger shoots balls, especially during multiball when it does it over and over, the balls tend to fall back through the ball stopper and into the resting area. I saw in this thread someone had mentioned adding two washers to the top of each part of the gate attachment. Did that, slightly better but overall still not fixed. Big downer in song mode when you have all balls locked, and instead of getting a fresh supply of balls fed during ball save timer, there’s just one shooting up and falling back. A slight shake to the machine while the ball is falling keeps it from falling back, but hard to manage that amongst the chaos on the playfield. Would love any other suggestions.

Up next… to see if I have fortitude to tackle the TMNT PinStadium light mods this afternoon….

D8D3B948-2B17-4A2B-B73C-75099B9A8A48 (resized).jpegD8D3B948-2B17-4A2B-B73C-75099B9A8A48 (resized).jpeg

#20472 2 years ago
Quoted from Dustwel:

Performance - Others have said it, but it’s a night and day difference with gameplay. Even in the first song mode (after a few lead in multiballs) my flippers would get soggy and struggle launching multiple balls at once.

I was gonna call them Soggy Bottom Cooling Fans, but the Licorice Pizza movie beat me to it and it didn't have the same ring to it as Tibetan Breeze.

Thanks for the compliments. Especially on GnR, coil cooling is a game-changer as you discovered.

#20473 2 years ago
Quoted from Dustwel:

o be so bright that it can make the side art hard to see at times.
Fix attempt - Plunger Lane ball stopper
When the auto plunger shoots balls, especially during multiball when it does it over and over, the balls tend to fall back through the ball stopper and into the resting area. I saw in this thread someone had mentioned adding two washers to the top of each part of the gate attachment. Did that, slightly better but overall still not fixed. Big downer in song mode when you have all balls locked, and instead of getting a fresh supply of balls fed during ball save timer, there’s just one shooting up and falling back. A slight shake to the machine while the ball is falling keeps it from falling back, but hard to manage that amongst the chaos on the playfield. Would love any other suggestions.
[quoted image]

Had the same problem. The washers go under the metal bracket, basically between it and the ball stopper. You're trying to lower the ball stopper so it's closer to the playing field. When I added two washers in this way it solved my problem. Putting them between bracket and the nut wouldn't help. Couldn't tell from wording of your post if that's what you did but thought I'd mention just in case.

#20474 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

I was gonna call them Soggy Bottom Cooling Fans, but the Licorice Pizza movie beat me to it and it didn't have the same ring to it as Tibetan Breeze.
Thanks for the compliments. Especially on GnR, coil cooling is a game-changer as you discovered.

Hahah, agree with your call on the name. Have to say that as much as I love the temperature charts, they don’t really do justice to the massive gameplay upgrade. On the downside I’m sure after experiencing my machine soaking in the Tibetan Breeze, playing GNRs without it are now going to feel broken-ish.

Quoted from barndoor:

Had the same problem. The washers go under the metal bracket, basically between it and the ball stopper. You're trying to lower the ball stopper so it's closer to the playing field. When I added two washers in this way it solved my problem. Putting them between bracket and the nut wouldn't help. Couldn't tell from wording of your post if that's what you did but thought I'd mention just in case.

…yep, I installed them over the metal bracket under the nut, not under the bracket. I’ll reinstall. Great callout, thanks!

#20475 2 years ago

My inlane rollovers are starting to slow down instead of just rolling over the switch like normal. How can I fix this? Is this something a little wax will help?

Thanks everyone.

#20476 2 years ago
Quoted from Looking4FirstPin:

My inlane rollovers are starting to slow down instead of just rolling over the switch like normal. How can I fix this? Is this something a little wax will help?
Thanks everyone.

Glass off, playfield on rails, play with the switches - small slight bends, test, and readjust as needed. Took me a good couple of weeks to dial my rollover switches.

#20477 2 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Glass off, playfield on rails, play with the switches - small slight bends, test, and readjust as needed. Took me a good couple of weeks to dial my rollover switches.

Thank you. I appreciate this. It seems like many of the JJP games I play on location have this issue as well.

#20478 2 years ago
Quoted from Looking4FirstPin:

Thank you. I appreciate this. It seems like many of the JJP games I play on location have this issue as well.

I found many of my rollover switches stuck up too high causing them to easily shift side to side and rub the playfield. I bent my switches downward a bit and it fixed the issue.

#20479 2 years ago

Hi guys, I was fixing some stuff in my gnr and not it seems I cannot reconnect the bass ramp properly, can someone please explain how it click with the left ramp, I attached photos.
Would appreciate some photos of someone can
Thanks a lot

357ED6F6-4E48-41EC-9369-CFFCC87AE242 (resized).jpeg357ED6F6-4E48-41EC-9369-CFFCC87AE242 (resized).jpeg8398148C-B528-488D-A522-5C1AFD5F692B (resized).jpeg8398148C-B528-488D-A522-5C1AFD5F692B (resized).jpegB445C602-5969-4313-8272-FA8E2A70FD1C (resized).jpegB445C602-5969-4313-8272-FA8E2A70FD1C (resized).jpeg

#20480 2 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

GNR. The most electrifying, Adrenalin boosted, holy shit hang on to your hats, game in pinball! yes I’m buzzed. But yea… this game, wooooo!
Just missed the end of paradise city, went into thirst for carnage with 100+ album level. 1.5 mil+ per shot and the alcohol kicked in as I watched the ball deadflip left-right-drain

I'm curious about this 1.5m per shot. Please explain.

Thirst for carnage is one of my fave album modes.

And, sorry about the dead drain.

#20481 2 years ago
Quoted from glpinball:

Honestly get mirror blades. They will fit.
[quoted image]

Do they? Did you get protectors with them?

I have the pinstadium CE's and am afraid of the mirror blade effect! But also excited about it! Hahahaha

#20482 2 years ago
Quoted from skwal:

Hi guys, I was fixing some stuff in my gnr and not it seems I cannot reconnect the bass ramp properly, can someone please explain how it click with the left ramp, I attached photos.
Thanks a lot
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I’m not sure what you have going on, but hopefully these pics will help.

Is the wire ramp inserted correctly at the top?

5A075DFE-94D4-42B5-ABA7-570479680DE7 (resized).jpeg5A075DFE-94D4-42B5-ABA7-570479680DE7 (resized).jpeg87F7C987-BD1C-4BE7-9C11-CD27A72C4BE3 (resized).jpeg87F7C987-BD1C-4BE7-9C11-CD27A72C4BE3 (resized).jpeg8C6D67E4-F038-4289-9978-BF0AB51ACA40 (resized).jpeg8C6D67E4-F038-4289-9978-BF0AB51ACA40 (resized).jpeg9E57BD8D-F209-40F5-9707-6838C012A927 (resized).jpeg9E57BD8D-F209-40F5-9707-6838C012A927 (resized).jpegB6E64870-B7DC-48D7-982B-CE9ABDB0913C (resized).jpegB6E64870-B7DC-48D7-982B-CE9ABDB0913C (resized).jpeg
#20483 2 years ago
Quoted from skwal:

Thanks a lot

Quoted from skwal:

Thanks a lot

Also, noticed you need to put a washer and post here to cover the damage (there should be a post there anyway).

12898B0C-B77E-4B19-AB3C-359BA2998A73 (resized).jpeg12898B0C-B77E-4B19-AB3C-359BA2998A73 (resized).jpeg
#20484 2 years ago
Quoted from PinsNJeeps:

I’m not sure what you have going on, but hopefully these pics will help.
Is the wire ramp inserted correctly at the top?
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Thanks a lot, know I ve fixed the ramp
Yes I need a post but I bought it second hand and the post was missing, do you know where I can buy one?

#20485 2 years ago
Quoted from skwal:

Thanks a lot, know I ve fixed the ramp
Yes I need a post but I bought it second hand and the post was missing, do you know where I can buy one?

Here’s where you can purchase the kit of posts and washers.

https://www.pinballlife.com/jersey-jack-pinball-guns-n-roses-pinball-post-spacerprotector.html

Also, read through the tech tips in this owner’s thread. There’s a lot of helpful information there and others have documented the process. You can also use PETG washers instead. There’s a couple options.

I have a 10/21 build and mine came with a lot of the fixes from the factory. However, I found some posts where the playfield is showing wear from the posts and washers are needed.

#20486 2 years ago

Thx mate! This thread is a lifesaver

#20487 2 years ago
Quoted from Dustwel:

I saw in this thread someone had mentioned adding two washers to the top of each part of the gate attachment. Did that, slightly better but overall still not fixed.

Quoted from barndoor:

The washers go under the metal bracket, basically between it and the ball stopper. You're trying to lower the ball stopper so it's closer to the playing field.

Did that and had them under the bracket but it didn’t work for me the first time around. Doubled up the washers - 2 on each side, problem hasn’t been back since.

#20488 2 years ago
Quoted from Ecw0930:

Do they? Did you get protectors with them?
I have the pinstadium CE's and am afraid of the mirror blade effect! But also excited about it! Hahahaha

They fit. Protectors didn't come with them but I have some already. Getting those on is very tough. Takes some serious wiggling and moving the playfield around.

#20489 2 years ago
Quoted from iamabearsfan:

So I really like the bottom of this one. Any chance you have the artwork for that? I would like to pair that with some GnR logo rather than JJP. Or maybe you could snag a high rez pic of the game flow?
That machine looks nice btw.

No artwork. I bought it already done.

Thanks

#20490 2 years ago
Quoted from CTHOMAS1998:

That's pretty cool. I don't see that on the JJP site. Is someone else selling that?

Some guy in France. I’ll list his info.

Shipping is crazy though.
$50 no matter if you buy one or five.

D9124CA6-0460-42EF-AF8C-77C2ABC76F12 (resized).pngD9124CA6-0460-42EF-AF8C-77C2ABC76F12 (resized).png
#20491 2 years ago
Quoted from MJW:

$50 no matter if you buy one or five. [quoted image]

To clarify the cost is $50 and shipping additional $50.

Crazy but I liked it and didn’t want to do a blanket or plain pin shield. .

#20492 2 years ago
Quoted from MJW:

Thank you sir!

#20493 2 years ago

Auto-plunge update. JJP Tech sent me a third skill shot sensor board. So far, so good. If you have issues, recommend you call JJP. They are very responsive and will get you fully working. And, they agreed there should be no issue connecting up an external sub-woofer.

#20494 2 years ago

Added hot rails on the floor...

#20495 2 years ago
Quoted from MJW:

Who wants his personal contact information on the bottom of the cover, closest to you? Especially at those prices...

#20496 2 years ago
Quoted from Ecw0930:

I'm curious about this 1.5m per shot. Please explain.
Thirst for carnage is one of my fave album modes.
And, sorry about the dead drain.

I was a little intoxicated when I posted that (lol). But what I remember is having a 100+ album level going into appetite mode. I made 3 qualifying hit shots then drained. My score total for the mode was 4.5 mil, i.e. 1.5 mil per shot.

#20497 2 years ago
Quoted from Navystan:

Auto-plunge update. JJP Tech sent me a third skill shot sensor board. So far, so good. If you have issues, recommend you call JJP. They are very responsive and will get you fully working. And, they agreed there should be no issue connecting up an external sub-woofer.

Same here...rec'd a new board about 4 days after talking with Ken. I've only been able to put in a few games with the replacement board installed, but no issues so far.

#20498 2 years ago
Quoted from mostater:

Same here...rec'd a new board about 4 days after talking with Ken. I've only been able to put in a few games with the replacement board installed, but no issues so far.

Sounds like there were just a bunch of bad boards recently?

#20499 2 years ago
Quoted from HarryReimer:

Added hot rails on the floor...

Haha! I fucking love it!! Well done sir!

#20500 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Who wants his personal contact information on the bottom of the cover, closest to you? Especially at those prices...

Cthomas1988 requested it….

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 60.00
Hardware
Pin Parts

Machine - For Sale
St. Clair Shores, MI
$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 210.00
€ 42.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 10,200.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

7,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Silverthorne, CO
8,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mohawk, NY
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 130.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

7,275 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Crestview, FL
$ 40.00
Playfield - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 11,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 109.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pin Monk

Hardware
Pinball Haven

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 28,342 posts in this topic. You are on page 410 of 567.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-jjp-gnr-thread/page/410?hl=pinwoofer and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.