IMG_2676.gif
IMG_0960 (resized).jpeg
image1 (resized).jpeg
image0 (resized).jpeg
GnRAllenWrenchMod (resized).jpg
200w.gif
IMG_2222 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

78 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 28,412 posts in this topic. You are on page 40 of 569.
#1951 3 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

I wonder if these are the new Spectrum TM playfields or they're using up old stock , either way I'm definitely gonna wait for a while and see what happens .

I'm also in wait and see mode, but I very much doubt there is any new clearcoat process about to come online. Would JJP be stupid enough to flood the market with these playfields that have issues on their new big selling pinball if Micro were just about to start a new much improved clearcoat process?

If I'm wrong and they do suddenly get noticeably better then there will be whole bunch of loyal JJP fans that bought early that will be totally pissed off.

#1952 3 years ago
Quoted from Rat:

If I'm wrong and they do suddenly get noticeably better then there will be whole bunch of loyal JJP fans that bought early that will be totally pissed off.

Or maybe offer them a free PF replacement. Who knows but we shall see

#1953 3 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

I think many would....

Yeah I think I’d take a little less than that too...

#1954 3 years ago
Quoted from DeathHimself:

Or maybe offer them a free PF replacement.

If they were considering that don't you think they would stop sending the games that people are unboxing now instead of putting black plastic washers on them?

Replacing all the playfields they have just sent out would ruin them finacially I guess, also when are they going to make them? after the thousands already ordered?

All these things are more reasons I don't think there is any new better clearcoat process about to happen. Can someone please link to the video where Micro talked about a new process? they have videos on their Facebook page but nothing about a that, if they have improved why would they want to keep it a secret? wouldn't they want to tell everyone and promote the video?

#1955 3 years ago
Quoted from jandrea95:

I’m probably explaining poorly. Hope this pic helps.
I assume the shot is supposed to follow that yellow line. Mine always gets caught in the pops.
[quoted image]

How did you manage to get dimpling on Slash's hat? LOL

#1956 3 years ago
Quoted from jandrea95:

I assume the shot is supposed to follow that yellow line. Mine always gets caught in the pops.

Can that guide rail be adjusted? I would try that and see if it makes a difference.

#1957 3 years ago
Quoted from blowback1976:

Can that guide rail be adjusted? I would try that and see if it makes a difference.

I will certainly check this. If it can be that should certainly give me the adjustment im looking for. Looks like a pain to get to the screw, but I am going to check it out.

#1958 3 years ago
Quoted from jandrea95:

[quoted image]

I just played for a while and tried making that shot over and over from left flipper (back handing it) and from the right flipper. Most times it does just go into the pops. I did get it to make that “S” motion once from the right flipper but I’m not sure if that’s the intention of that shot. I think that upper rail is just curved in that direction to take the ball back up toward the top of the pops.

Just what I think anyway...

#1959 3 years ago

The two flip n out streams, seemed to constantly feed the top roll overs. Very few times did it get caught in the pops. I guess we’ll find out as more games get into people’s hands.

#1960 3 years ago
Quoted from blowback1976:

The two flip n out streams, seemed to constantly feed the top roll overs. Very few times did it get caught in the pops. I guess we’ll find out as more games get into people’s hands.

Yeah it seems somewhat like that shot in Deadpool, which is badass. I am hoping that rail can be adjusted, it just depends on if a slotted screw hole exists.

#1961 3 years ago
Quoted from jandrea95:

Yeah it seems somewhat like that shot in Deadpool, which is badass. I am hoping that rail can be adjusted, it just depends on if a slotted screw hole exists.

I should have mine next week, so I’ll see how mine is once it’s set up.

#1962 3 years ago
Quoted from Rat:

Can someone please link to the video where Micro talked about a new process?

I found it in the other GnR thread https://www.twitch.tv/videos/772313718 around 18min in.

Amazing that they would release the playfields they have with washers and problems, I am definitely waiting, no way am I going to order until I can be sure I will get one with clearcoat like they showed in this video.

I feel badly for all the early purchasers

#1963 3 years ago

As I daydream about getting my GnR, I had a bit of a uneasy thought. Playfield are coming from Mirco, COVID lockdowns just announced in Europe, maybe more delays are eminent?
Man, I sure hope my premonition is way off!

#1964 3 years ago
Quoted from wyopin:

As I daydream about getting my GnR, I had a bit of a uneasy thought. Playfield are coming from Mirco, COVID lockdowns just announced in Europe, maybe more delays are eminent?

Covid lockdowns don't adversely affect freight / deliveries etc......
However there is potential for it to throw a spanner in the works to manufacturing production.
Whether that be at the Mirco playfield process line or even as far as JJP assembly.

#1965 3 years ago
Quoted from jandrea95:

Which pop is catching the ball when you make this shot? Maybe play with the level of the game a tad so the ball avoids the pop skirts and makes the complete S.

#1966 3 years ago
Quoted from jandrea95:

Are you saying it’s hitting the pops before the guide or does the ball bounce from the guide straight back to the pops?

#1967 3 years ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

Are you saying it’s hitting the pops before the guide or does the ball bounce from the guide straight back to the pops?

The first one. The shot hits the pops before it reaches the second guide.

#1968 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Which pop is catching the ball when you make this shot? Maybe play with the level of the game a tad so the ball avoids the pop skirts and makes the complete S.

Always seems to hit the bottom pop for sure. Ill try taking the pitch down first. If the mount is slotted the rail definitely has room to move, but im certainly going to try pitch first as it appears you have to take the whole damn stage apart to get to the screw, haha.

#1969 3 years ago

Yeah since it’s hitting the bottom one, making it a tad more shallow might do it. Just a tiny bit can change the balls path, so just do it by a couple turns on each back leg.

Feel your pain there. You have to take apart half of stranger things to get the demo out.

#1970 3 years ago
Quoted from jandrea95:

Always seems to hit the bottom pop for sure. Ill try taking the pitch down first. If the mount is slotted the rail definitely has room to move, but im certainly going to try pitch first as it appears you have to take the whole damn stage apart to get to the screw, haha.

I’m at about 6.7 for my pitch. I’d try that. A strong shot from the right flipper can make it up there. There is also a setting that disables the pops when the “through the pops” shot is lit to make it easier but I always thought that was the extra ball shot. It may be the “S” shot.

There are some points toward the end of a song when you need the top lanes shot. The magnet doesn’t stop the ball up there at that point so the “S” shot becomes super important. Of course you could also shoot the extra ball shot if the record isn’t in the way.

#1971 3 years ago
Quoted from fooflighter:

What about instead of the soundbar solution ---> 1 for the looks with the grill off, and 2 for the larger dome/cone for a richer sound

Hey fooflighter ! Why would you put a mono / center channel sound bar on a stereo backbox? thx

#1972 3 years ago
Quoted from PinWoofer:

Hey fooflighter ! Why would you put a mono / center channel sound bar on a stereo backbox? thx

Hey PinMyster.......
Have you had time to look at an external top setup for GnR?

Your probably laughing at us amateurs with our crap posts about Sound Bars and splitters
We are probably going to create grounding loops etc.........

#1973 3 years ago

Just got my beauty SE set up this week. Anyone know when jukebox will be enabled for attract mode? I have changed the setting on the menu to allow music, but really no sound other than some random call outs....

9415138C-424A-447B-A932-D767453F91D8 (resized).jpeg9415138C-424A-447B-A932-D767453F91D8 (resized).jpegA7F63463-3899-48F5-B062-5467EC51AB2A (resized).jpegA7F63463-3899-48F5-B062-5467EC51AB2A (resized).jpeg
#1974 3 years ago
Quoted from PinWoofer:

Just thinking out loud, someone posted that the soundbar made it too bright and that is just increasing the top end and didn't seem necessary, while others said turning the volume up had some callout breakup ... Was just thinking that a center channel could act like an L C R setup in a home theater... seems like the sub ad on has a bigger impact.

#1975 3 years ago
Quoted from Sako-TRG:

Hey PinMyster.......
Your probably laughing at us amateurs with our crap posts about Sound Bars and splitters
We are probably going to create grounding loops etc.........

Hey Sako-TRG ! No way, not laughing at anyone here - just trying to invoke some thoughts.

We're waiting on GnR like a lot of guys so I can't speak yet. But, as you might imagine we have A LOT of audio toys here and have tried pretty much everything we can think of. The sound bar is a bit confusing; it might add a some fidelity but seems like a patch to the underlying problem. Our approach is to address to the greatest extent the system already in the backbox. Not saying the sound bar is a bad solution, we just have a different approach. Here is a boring white-paper I posted to our website:

https://pinwoofer.com/blog/pinwoofer-jersey-jack-audio-overview/

With regard to ground loops I can say that power is everythying in audio. Many AC to DC (adapter) powered products (like those that power external sound bars) have a virtual ground that when connected to another system, can give rise to a ground loop like you suggested. For backbox sound this difference in ground, or using the internal 12V ATX power tap, can result in a terrible 60Hz buzz or hum that you'll be hard pressed to get rid of. This condition is totally hit and miss (some will get lucky, some will not), just something to be aware of.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#1976 3 years ago
Quoted from fooflighter:

Just thinking out loud, someone posted that the soundbar made it too bright and that is just increasing the top end and didn't seem necessary, while others said turning the volume up had some callout breakup ... Was just thinking that a center channel could act like an L C R setup in a home theater... seems like the sub ad on has a bigger impact.

Yea that's our experiece; adding more small speakers and tweeters up top gets you the expected result of more high end! At the same time, the backbox is vital to good sound and can't be overlooked (more bass is not an end-all solution). So, we addressed the JJP backbox response in a different way by fine-tuning our Expander Board(TM) to provide a stronger response in the mid-range and attenutaiton of those bright forward facing tweeters. It helps to add amplification at any listening level so that mids and low bass do not compete with the highs, which results is a cleaner signal with more dynamic range. (Our power solution and amplifier are engineered to be super quiet.)

Guys are telling us that adding up everything to go external (sub/sound bar/cables) ends up being on par with our system in terms of cost, and our system is far easier to install and risk-free in terms of power playing into a ground loop. (Bzzzzzzzzzzz)

Thanks!

#1977 3 years ago
Quoted from PinWoofer:

Yea that's our experiece; adding more small speakers and tweeters up top gets you the expected result of more high end! At the same time, the backbox is vital to good sound and can't be overlooked (more bass is not an end-all solution). So, we addressed the JJP backbox response in a different way by fine-tuning our Expander Board(TM) to provide a stronger response in the mid-range and attenutaiton of those bright forward facing tweeters. It helps to add amplification at any listening level so that mids and low bass do not compete with the highs, which results is a cleaner signal with more dynamic range.
Guys are telling us that adding up everything to go external (sub/sound bar/cables) ends up being on par with our system in terms of cost, and our system is far easier to install and risk-free in terms of power playing into a ground loop. (Bzzzzzzzzzzz)
Thanks!

That sounds awesome. I am most likely going with your setup once my LE gets here. Thanks for the detailed info!

#1978 3 years ago

Some brilliant modder should design a topper like the CE. It would sell.

#1979 3 years ago
Quoted from wyopin:

Also new lockdowns in Illinois due to high rate of Covid cases. Not sure how that will impact production either. I wish JJP would be a little bit more transparent or upfront about production and timelines.
I paid for my LE already, But if I don’t see the game for several months, I may end up getting something else as other games come out...

#1980 3 years ago
Quoted from Sako-TRG:

Hey PinMyster.......

I will say @pinwoofer's in my other pins is amazing, both music pins and movie pins. I'll be adding his system to my CE without a doubt. Why not make great - greater!

#1981 3 years ago
Quoted from zr11990:

Some brilliant modder should design a topper like the CE. It would sell.

Check with Lior. He's hinting ...

#1982 3 years ago
Quoted from Dallas_Pin:

I will say pinwoofer's in my other pins is amazing, both music pins and movie pins. I'll be adding his system to my CE without a doubt. Why not make great - greater!

I also have pinwoofer super kits in my Fish Tales, No Good Gophers, and Stern JP. They do sound amazing. But I'll add to that by saying that Dan (@pinwoofer) stands behind his product in a way that few manufacturers do these days. Hes always quick to answer emails, phone calls, and help out. He even spent about 20 minutes with me one Sunday on the phone helping me out and talking pinball. I'll order a kit for my GnR LE once the wife gets over the sticker shock of the game and let's me spend again

#1983 3 years ago

Just picked up my SE cannot wait to set it up.

#1984 3 years ago
Quoted from fooflighter:

That sounds awesome. I am most likely going with your setup once my LE gets here. Thanks for the detailed info!

I agree, I'm an amateur and just read the whitepaper link above. Looks great to me so will check back when I get my LE.
I'll reserve the space above the pin for a paper mache sculpt of Slashes head or something

If any pin is deserving of a proper sound upgrade - this must be it!

#1985 3 years ago
Quoted from Sako-TRG:

I agree, I'm an amateur and just read the whitepaper link above. Looks great to me so will check back when I get my LE.
I'll reserve the space above the pin for a paper mache sculpt of Slashes head or something
If any pin is deserving of a proper sound upgrade - this must be it!

Thanks - I needed a good laugh!

#1986 3 years ago

Convinced me, ordering the full pinwoofer today.

#1987 3 years ago
Quoted from Dallas_Pin:

Check with Lior. He's hinting ...

Lior’s topper will definitely be well over $1k considering the prices he charges

#1988 3 years ago
Quoted from TonyScoots:

Lior’s topper will definitely be well over $1k considering the prices he charges

No thanks

#1989 3 years ago
Quoted from TonyScoots:

If he really builds a topper it will be way over $1K.....If I recall correctly he built one for Dracula or some game like like and it was well over $2K

#1990 3 years ago

Think about what you mod before the warranty expires. Once you change/add some things, the warranty probably won't cover the related connected system things.

#1991 3 years ago

Full disclaimer, I LOVE Elvira 3. Have you seen its 1k topper? Looks like a 3rd grade art project that got a c-

#1992 3 years ago

What determines if the right ramp diverts to the third flipper?

#1993 3 years ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

Lol I was seriously just going to ask what triggers the diverter. Seems random for me now.

#1994 3 years ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

If the inner loop is lit during a song the diverter will fire.

#1995 3 years ago
Quoted from jandrea95:

Full disclaimer, I LOVE Elvira 3. Have you seen its 1k topper? Looks like a 3rd grade art project that got a c-

I dislike toppers. I think CGC makes great toppers, Stern's black knight is a great topper and their batman is also a great topper, everything else is just plastic crap. Elvira's topper isn't that bad actually, just a bad price. I would never pay close to 1k for a topper. Topper adds nothing to my game, don't need it. It's a cool decor piece if done right, but like I said, personally, none of them are really done right, except CGC keeps hitting them out of the park.

#1996 3 years ago

Just got my SE set up they are finally together

20201029_202048 (resized).jpg20201029_202048 (resized).jpg20201029_202110 (resized).jpg20201029_202110 (resized).jpg
#1997 3 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

Convinced me, ordering the full pinwoofer today.

Ouch, shipping I'll wait until after I get the game and see if I can get a group order in.

#1998 3 years ago
Quoted from Coolpinballdino:

Just got my SE set up they are finally together
[quoted image][quoted image]

Awesome! What do you think of it?

#1999 3 years ago
Quoted from Shmilder:

Ouch, shipping I'll wait until after I get the game and see if I can get a group order in.

Talk to Dan mate, he's really good about the whole thing.

The thing with an external sub for me (i have one that shares tween hobbit, deadpool and whatever game i set up with it now Tommy is gone, is that if, like me, you move games around the sub is in the way of the trolley. Also you have to climb in under it, unhook all those cables and move it when you move the game.

So yeah, exe solution, but contained. i just sold a shooter rod from my ASLE that pretty much covers the cost of the full pinwoofers kit, so i'm happy.

Group buy is a great idea, i know two other guys here in Coffs that have ordered the LE, so once again, talk to Dan and i bet he'd give you great pricing for a few of them and you could cover your costs (unless he has an arrangement with someone here).

#2000 3 years ago

Post 2000!! Still no CE’s on the line!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pin Monk

5,999 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Appleton, WI
$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
The MOD Couple

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 210.00
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

€ 42.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

8,800 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Old Saybrook, CT
$ 11,000.00
Machine - For Sale
Danbury, CT
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 19.95
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 649.95
Lighting - Interactive
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 109.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

7,450 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Silverthorne, CO
$ 11,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 10,200.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 130.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Side Gig Studios

There are 28,412 posts in this topic. You are on page 40 of 569.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-jjp-gnr-thread/page/40?hl=zukram and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.