IMG_2676.gif
IMG_0960 (resized).jpeg
image1 (resized).jpeg
image0 (resized).jpeg
GnRAllenWrenchMod (resized).jpg
200w.gif
IMG_2222 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

78 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 28,410 posts in this topic. You are on page 409 of 569.
#20401 2 years ago
Quoted from adrock:

I would also nominate the Rose shooter![quoted image]

The bullet seems more practical from the standpoint of a comfortable thing to grab on to. The rose looks great, but it's too irregular on the edges to be good for everyday use, IMO (I don't have either, for the record).

#20402 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

The bullet seems more practical from the standpoint of a comfortable thing to grab on to. The rose looks great, but it's too irregular on the edges to be good for everyday use, IMO (I don't have either, for the record).

I would argue the bullet is too narrow and the rose fits the hand better.

But the plunge on this game is so terrible, it really doesn’t matter

#20403 2 years ago
Quoted from Mattyk:

Installed my new shooter rod from ModFather. Looks great. This is the medium size. If I had it to do over I would have gotten the small, which is still larger than the stock.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Yo that is pimp! Imma go looking for that!

#20404 2 years ago
Quoted from adrock:

I would argue the bullet is too narrow and the rose fits the hand better.

What's wrong with the plunge? I find it one of the most precise around. You really have to put some time in to get all the skill shot levels.

#20405 2 years ago
Quoted from parsonsaj:

Thanks, I messed with it a while... it was the top sensor in the shooter lane (for some reason I thought it was the physical switch at the top of the lane that denies you the skill shot). I basically did nothing to it but put a ball on it a few times and suddenly it was no longer failing self-test.
I know that sometimes JJP games will flag a switch if it hasn't been activated in a certain amount of time, but my aim of the skill shot is bad enough that I know I've hit each and every one of those sensors multiple times a day, whether they were the CORRECT one or not... so I guess this will remain a mystery for now and hopefully it will stay off.

I can never get my game perfectly level side to side and/or maybe the shooter rod isn’t dead center of the ball… anyway I think on mine, the sensors won’t always activate if the ball I plunge isn’t more or less in the center of those sensors. If I plunge one that goes as high as, say, the third sensor, but the ball has rolled left or right and is hugging a wall, it won’t register that one. Maybe that’s part of the issue. Anyone else notice that?

#20406 2 years ago

Got my new Slash figure installed, looks stock, I think it should have come from the factory this way. Just another cherry on top.

CCAAA927-FF8C-4055-9B84-D7E4CC815EA0 (resized).jpegCCAAA927-FF8C-4055-9B84-D7E4CC815EA0 (resized).jpegF868FC0D-5A37-4939-86E8-33EFE78FFB8C (resized).jpegF868FC0D-5A37-4939-86E8-33EFE78FFB8C (resized).jpeg54003CFB-1AEA-4DE7-A4AD-01BFF0FB13D3 (resized).jpeg54003CFB-1AEA-4DE7-A4AD-01BFF0FB13D3 (resized).jpeg1B045D21-F060-4392-8E90-ECA8B4494CE0 (resized).jpeg1B045D21-F060-4392-8E90-ECA8B4494CE0 (resized).jpeg
#20407 2 years ago
Quoted from adrock:

Wtf does this even mean? The idea? The spring feel? The factory handle? What would you have done? What’s wrong with it? You don’t get enough super fucking skill shots?

#20408 2 years ago
Quoted from shovelhed:

Got my new Slash figure installed, looks stock, I think it should have come from the factory this way. Just another cherry on top.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Definitely a cool figurine. But I’ve never seen a guitarist play behind the drums. Side yes. And there’s a giant slash hat above the record spinner. So from my point of view it’s completely redundant and the factory absolutely made the right decision. Sorry to be a douche bag- I think I’m just in a douche bag sort of mood. New tequila must lead to a dark path.

#20409 2 years ago

It’s all good bro thats what its all about different strokes for different folks.

#20410 2 years ago
Quoted from holminone:

Wtf does this even mean? The idea? The spring feel? The factory handle? What would you have done? What’s wrong with it? You don’t get enough super fucking skill shots?

LOL, maybe he just super fucking sucks at pinball

#20411 2 years ago

Umm it’s a pretty common sentiment that the lack of a true plunge and a fairly simplistic skill shot on this game make for a pretty underwhelming plunge experience.

Scan through the reviews and you will see that I’m far from the only one who feels this way.

Don’t get me wrong, I love this pin, but this is its weakest part.

I think it would help if they modified the code so that an underplunge automatically ends the skill shot and results in an auto plunge to start the ball. Otherwise it’s too easy to just under plunge until you get at least some skill shot, which to be honest, doesn’t really take any skill

#20412 2 years ago
Quoted from SuperMas77:

LOL, maybe he just super fucking sucks at pinball

The recent flame wars and personal attacks on this thread are disheartening. Let’s keep it about GnR.

#20413 2 years ago
Quoted from adrock:

The recent flame wars and personal attacks on this thread are disheartening. Let’s keep it about GnR.

I’m with you…but haters gonna hate.

#20414 2 years ago

Modded or not, this game kicks ass and so does everyone in here who got the game for themselves to do what they want with it. Happy Saturday!

#20415 2 years ago
Quoted from holminone:

Definitely a cool figurine. But I’ve never seen a guitarist play behind the drums. Side yes. And there’s a giant slash hat above the record spinner. So from my point of view it’s completely redundant and the factory absolutely made the right decision. Sorry to be a douche bag- I think I’m just in a douche bag sort of mood. New tequila must lead to a dark path.

Does it obstructs the mini screen behind it?

#20416 2 years ago
Quoted from adrock:

Agreed .
I hope Vespula comes back , he was very positive and inguaged , don't let one argument bring you down .

#20417 2 years ago
Quoted from sevenrites:

Modded or not, this game kicks ass and so does everyone in here who got the game for themselves to do what they want with it. Happy Saturday!

I love this game , I love all the shots . Currently I'm playing it with a Rod Stewart concert playing in the background , even if you don't love GNR it's still such a great game .
It's the best rock and roll pinball machine ever made in my opinion .

IMG20220220032050 (resized).jpgIMG20220220032050 (resized).jpg
#20418 2 years ago
Quoted from adrock:

Umm it’s a pretty common sentiment that the lack of a true plunge and a fairly simplistic skill shot on this game make for a pretty underwhelming plunge experience.
Scan through the reviews and you will see that I’m far from the only one who feels this way.
I think it would help if they modified the code so that an underplunge automatically ends the skill shot and results in an auto plunge to start the ball. Otherwise it’s too easy to just under plunge until you get at least some skill shot, which to be honest, doesn’t really take any skill

I get what you’re saying. Personally I prefer skill shots that involve hitting specific shots from the flipper off a full plunge rather than precision short plunge shots. GNR could be the GOAT of short plunges and I’d still prefer the super/secret skill shots from AfM and MM

But it’s just personal preference and to each their own.

#20419 2 years ago
Quoted from Xelz:

I get what you’re saying. Personally I prefer skill shots that involve hitting specific shots from the flipper off a full plunge rather than precision short plunge shots. GNR could be the GOAT of short plunges and I’d still prefer the super/secret skill shots from AfM and MM
But it’s just personal preference and to each their own.

The Hobbit had the best skills shots , at least 4 or 5 and you could pick which one you wanted to go for , Just brilliant .

#20420 2 years ago
Quoted from adrock:

I felt the plunge was pretty underwhelming at first. now I find it’s one of my favorites in pinball. Especially after increasing the difficulty to light crowd multiball.

Quoted from deejaypee:

I can never get my game perfectly level side to side and/or maybe the shooter rod isn’t dead center of the ball… anyway I think on mine, the sensors won’t always activate if the ball I plunge isn’t more or less in the center of those sensors. If I plunge one that goes as high as, say, the third sensor, but the ball has rolled left or right and is hugging a wall, it won’t register that one. Maybe that’s part of the issue. Anyone else notice that?

I’ve noticed the same on mine too. Definitely seems like it needs to be dead center on the sensor.

#20421 2 years ago
Quoted from adrock:

I am surprised Eric went with this , because he said he did not like this type of skill shot , he pointed out white water , as an example , you can have hundreds of tries to get it .
That's why I like fish tales , press the button once , and that's it , you're into the game .

#20422 2 years ago

FYI the slash sculpt does block a bit of screen if it goes above the Axl lanes but not too badly. For now I ended up slapping it behind Axl on the upper PF though… just make sure it’s set back enough that the gate clears it!

2CD8779F-51EC-4136-8853-02B2D9830398 (resized).jpeg2CD8779F-51EC-4136-8853-02B2D9830398 (resized).jpegEFE5CEBC-7A97-4EAA-BB8C-0927D04C6418 (resized).jpegEFE5CEBC-7A97-4EAA-BB8C-0927D04C6418 (resized).jpeg

#20423 2 years ago

Quick Question: Our upper right flipper is weak when hitting a shot, connections underneath are all good, Any advise? Anyone else having that issue? Thx!

#20424 2 years ago
Quoted from blkspiderman:

Quick Question: Our upper right flipper is weak when hitting a shot, connections underneath are all good, Any advise? Anyone else having that issue? Thx!

You can try bumping up the coil power in the settings

#20425 2 years ago

Joined the club! Out LE is getting delivered Tuesday! Excited!

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#20426 2 years ago

Clean the coil sleeve, make sure coil stops are tight, check EOS gap

#20427 2 years ago
Quoted from shovelhed:

[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I was gone while these became avail, who is the seller please?

#20428 2 years ago

Weak from the beginning of a game, or weak the longer you play?

If it's all the time, I'd check your EOS gap first. Make sure that the EOS switch isn't triggering until the flipper is right at the peak of the stroke. You can do it using the switch test with the glass off and manually swing the flipper through its motion. You shouldn't see the EOS trigger until the flipper arrives at the end of its stroke. If it's happening earlier, adjust the switch.

#20429 2 years ago

I still really wish they would add Knocking on heavens door somehow. Don’t understand how it’s not in this game. Hopefully it’s something they could still consider on a future update.
Hogbog

#20430 2 years ago

As far as the weak plunge is concerned, I found using a palm bump works a lot better than drawing the plunger back in the usual way. Works for me.

#20431 2 years ago
Quoted from konghusker:

I still really wish they would add November Rain somehow. Don’t understand how it’s not in this game. Hopefully it’s something they could still consider on a future update.
Hogbog

Umm it is in the game.

#20432 2 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Umm it is in the game.

Ha, I thought the same thing…

#20433 2 years ago

Default power settings early on for the upper right flipper was like 17 or 18. They dialed it way back in an update. So check your power for that coil. I beefed mine up back to the original default and love the shot; it sucks on the new default. I’ll check what my setting is next time I’m at the game.

#20434 2 years ago
Quoted from konghusker:

I still really wish they would add November Rain somehow. Don’t understand how it’s not in this game. Hopefully it’s something they could still consider on a future update.
Hogbog

What makes you think it's not in there? When you start a song, hit the action button to cancel the song you have and just select it from the list. You lose points if you direct-select, but you can play any song you want that way.

#20435 2 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Umm it is in the game.

Lmao sorry guys. I’ve had a few too many already today. I meant knocking on heavens door. Lmao

#20436 2 years ago
Quoted from konghusker:

I still really wish they would add Knocking on heavens door somehow. Don’t understand how it’s not in this game.

Licensing, apparently.

But at the same time, count your blessings. KOHD as played on the NITL tour was dreary and at best served as a piss-and-reload break.

I would’ve loved to have seen more tracks, but originals, not covers.

#20437 2 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

I was gone while these became avail, who is the seller please?

See my post (#20344 on page 407). His link is there.

I do think he sold out quickly a 2nd time tho.

Let us know.
Thanks
Kerry

#20438 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Weak from the beginning of a game, or weak the longer you play?
If it's all the time, I'd check your EOS gap first. Make sure that the EOS switch isn't triggering until the flipper is right at the peak of the stroke. You can do it using the switch test with the glass off and manually swing the flipper through its motion. You shouldn't see the EOS trigger until the flipper arrives at the end of its stroke. If it's happening earlier, adjust the switch.

Weak from the beginning of the game, I will check the EOS switch, As always thanks so much!!

#20439 2 years ago
Quoted from adrock:

Didn't mean to offend anyone, but would be curious how you would improve the plunge. If you were the designer what would you have done?

#20440 2 years ago

Weak from the beginning of the game, I will check the EOS switch, As always thanks so much!!

My checklist:

1. EOS
2. Flipper switch blade contacts (make sure they are making solid contact. If the extra blade for the 3rd flipper is too far away, it may be making a very light connection, which causes fluttering so fast it feels like weakness)
3. Flipper bushing gap (if you pull up on the flipper is there about a credit card's thickness of up/down play?)
4. Coil stops
5. Coil sleeve

#20441 2 years ago

Some help with this one. I've had guitar bord sensor issues previously and the bord has been replaced. Now I'm having one sensory not working. After a calibration it's showing up as all 00000's and now moving at all. Individual sensor doesn't seem to be working anymore.

99A3579E-17BB-4DD3-8BDC-EF16B2410E28 (resized).jpeg99A3579E-17BB-4DD3-8BDC-EF16B2410E28 (resized).jpeg
#20442 2 years ago
Quoted from Shmilder:

Some help with this one. I've had guitar bord sensor issues previously and the bord has been replaced. Now I'm having one sensory not working. After a calibration it's showing up as all 00000's and now moving at all. Individual sensor doesn't seem to be working anymore.
[quoted image]

USB unplugged or loose, so no power? I don't remember how this is connected, but it sounds like an unplug situation.

#20443 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

USB unplugged or loose, so no power? I don't remember how this is connected, but it sounds like an unplug situation.

Not sure.....it's just the one sensor that's not responding. Will do further investigation.

#20444 2 years ago

So apparently it's maintaince day. While testing I heard something fall into the cab. Upper flipper had undone itself. And apparently pooling and tearing of artwork still happens even with the fixes. Petg washer and Williams post. Not sure what else to do about the playfield.

0F5C0121-6D44-47E9-86E8-4D5717A09A50 (resized).jpeg0F5C0121-6D44-47E9-86E8-4D5717A09A50 (resized).jpeg625F1783-3F60-4D51-966F-2B64D3BC5ECD (resized).jpeg625F1783-3F60-4D51-966F-2B64D3BC5ECD (resized).jpeg72E8619A-68A1-4CA2-A07E-23AB26FF9893 (resized).jpeg72E8619A-68A1-4CA2-A07E-23AB26FF9893 (resized).jpeg
#20445 2 years ago
Quoted from SuperMas77:

Didn't mean to offend anyone, but would be curious how you would improve the plunge. If you were the designer what would you have done?

I would prefer a regular long plunge.

But if you had to do a short plunge. As I mentioned above:

#20446 2 years ago

I love the unique plunge on GnR...it's different from all my pins, and it's a nice detractor from everything else.

#20447 2 years ago
Quoted from Shmilder:

So apparently it's maintaince day. While testing I heard something fall into the cab. Upper flipper had undone itself. And apparently pooling and tearing of artwork still happens even with the fixes. Petg washer and Williams post. Not sure what else to do about the playfield.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I've found many GNR's with loose coil stop bolts from the factory. Check and tighten them all. Check and clean the coil stops. Might as well replace the coil sleeves whilst you're at it.

#20448 2 years ago

#20449 2 years ago

Just a heads up that Karl/IEPinball will be giving away Tibetan Breeze kits (winner's choice which one), T-shirts, etc. He's streaming Godzilla, but I'm posting this here because you can choose any Tibetan Breeze kit you want if you're the winner, even GnR, which is a $200 value.

Prize-bearing stream's tomorrow 2PM PST, iepinball twitch channel.

https://www.twitch.tv/iepinball

2022-02-20 stream (resized).jpg2022-02-20 stream (resized).jpg
#20450 2 years ago

Is there a way to tell when you have reached the end of a song? I know about the center scoop turning blue to collect the jackpot, but before that happens is there a place to look where you stand? Cradling the ball will decrease your meter count, but many times I believe to have finished a song and then the mini screen says 4 more switches, or shots???

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pin Monk

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

8,250 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Glendora, CA
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 210.00
€ 69.00
Pinball Machine
Multiball mods

$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

7,500 (OBO)
$ 60.00
Hardware
Pin Parts

$ 109.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 40.00
Playfield - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 130.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

8,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Springfield, MO
$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

€ 42.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 10,200.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

Machine - For Sale
Litchfield Park, AZ
$ 11,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 28,410 posts in this topic. You are on page 409 of 569.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-jjp-gnr-thread/page/409 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.