IMG_20240413_155854 (resized).jpg
IMG_20240413_155858 (resized).jpg
IMG_20240413_155856 (resized).jpg
IMG_1426 (resized).jpeg (© Nutty 5.0)
IMG_2636.gif
IMG_2002 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2003 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

78 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 28,351 posts in this topic. You are on page 406 of 568.
#20251 2 years ago
Quoted from Zanado:

Can someone help me identify a part number please; unfortunately there’s about 400 miles between my pin and me. It’s the upper most clear plastic on the left hand back corner. From memory the plastic was labeled 01. Looking through the manual, my imagination and memory isn’t good enough to work out the part number.

Best I can do for you is link you to the manual: https://marketing.jerseyjackpinball.com/gnr/GNR_Manual_May2021.pdf

Hope that helps you.

#20252 2 years ago

The clear piece tight to the cabinet in the uppermost spot is # 25, on my le.

#20253 2 years ago

You’re 100% correct - just looked again at my notes I wrote when I looked at it. It’s #25. I’m trying to match that up to a part number in the manual.

Quoted from Hayfarmer:

The clear piece tight to the cabinet in the uppermost spot is # 25, on my le.

#20254 2 years ago
Quoted from usafstars:

Best I can do for you is link you to the manual: https://marketing.jerseyjackpinball.com/gnr/GNR_Manual_May2021.pdf
Hope that helps you.

64vp22.jpg64vp22.jpg
#20255 2 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

[quoted image]

Thank you...I needed that today LOL

#20256 2 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

[quoted image]

Got to love it. Perhaps if someone could take a photo of that region, that will help me match it to the manual. I took dozens of photos, just not of the area I need.

#20257 2 years ago
Quoted from Zanado:

Got to love it. Perhaps if someone could take a photo of that region, that will help me match it to the manual. I took dozens of photos, just not of the area I need.

Will this work?

Plastic (resized).jpgPlastic (resized).jpg
#20258 2 years ago
Quoted from Kerry_Richard:

The maker of this Slash skeleton mod got back to me and said he is not making them any longer. That is/was the type of Slash figure I wanted to put in my game. It's similar to Axel's skeleton figure.
Thanks to glpinball who posted this picture and info earlier.
Kerry
[quoted image]

Here is the one I got from Amazon.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B086LKKYVL/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_image_o05_s00
Too big for playfield, but good elswhere.

Slash Skel Small (resized).JPGSlash Skel Small (resized).JPG
#20259 2 years ago
Quoted from usafstars:

Will this work?[quoted image]

That’s fantastic. Thanks a lot.

#20260 2 years ago
Quoted from usafstars:

Hope that helps you.

The manual is woefully incomplete. JJP manuals took an immediate dump after they canned Butch, and now that Barry is gone too, I have no idea if it's even on their list to complete the GnR manual.

#20261 2 years ago
Quoted from atg1469:

I have a few extra sets of these printed as well if anyone wants a pair. Just hit me up!

Update: all the extras I had have been spoken for. That was quick!

#20262 2 years ago
Quoted from Zanado:

You’re 100% correct - just looked again at my notes I wrote when I looked at it. It’s #25. I’m trying to match that up to a part number in the manual.

Does this help? Mine came broken.

63AFB8D8-E145-45FB-B616-F1FD8FBE2A91 (resized).jpeg63AFB8D8-E145-45FB-B616-F1FD8FBE2A91 (resized).jpeg
#20263 2 years ago
Quoted from PinsNJeeps:

Does this help? Mine came broken. [quoted image]

Thanks a lot. Yes worked it out from the picture. My one came broken too, but now trying to sort it out outside the warranty period - lockdown restrictions at the time it was delivered meant I had to wait quite a while after delivery to inbox things. That, and the scratches instruction card.

#20264 2 years ago
Quoted from Zanado:

Thanks a lot. Yes worked it out from the picture. My one came broken too, but now trying to sort it out outside the warranty period - lockdown restrictions at the time it was delivered meant I had to wait quite a while after delivery to inbox things. That, and the scratches instruction card.

Glad you got it worked out. I’m sorry you had to deal with the headache. Hopefully JJP will take care of you.

#20265 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

The manual is woefully incomplete. JJP manuals took an immediate dump after they canned Butch, and now that Barry is gone too, I have no idea if it's even on their list to complete the GnR manual.

I'm in no position to measure completeness, but relative to other manufacturers, I've always been impressed with JJP's manuals (including GNR).

It's 233 pages...roughly 4x the size of my JP2 manual. My R&M didn't come with any manual.

#20266 2 years ago

GNR LE’s in stock. PM if interested. Michigan JJP distributor.

#20267 2 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

I'm in no position to measure completeness, but relative to other manufacturers, I've always been impressed with JJP's manuals (including GNR).
It's 233 pages...roughly 4x the size of my JP2 manual. My R&M didn't come with any manual.

Compare GnR to PotC. There's a HUGE difference - 233 vs 359 pages. GnR is nowhere near as complete.

GnR has two sections that are completely missing, UNDER Playfield assemblies, and ABOVE playfield assemblies. The stuff that follows is a mishmash of both above and below PF assemblies, and not all of them.

Firing Butch had a very negative effect on JJP documentation quality and completeness. They went from the best in the business by a mile to an also-ran.

You can't count Spooky. They clearly are happy to just be selling anything and documentation for the future isn't a priority.

#20268 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Compare GnR to PotC. There's a HUGE difference - 233 vs 359 pages. GnR is nowhere near as complete.
GnR has two sections that are completely missing, UNDER Playfield assemblies, and ABOVE playfield assemblies. The stuff that follows is a mishmash of both above and below PF assemblies, and not all of them.
Firing Butch had a very negative effect on JJP documentation quality and completeness. They went from the best in the business by a mile to an also-ran.
You can't count Spooky. They clearly are happy to just be selling anything and documentation for the future isn't a priority.

Whatever. I’ve only owned 2 JJP games (DILE & GNRLE) and the manuals have been just fine for my trouble shooting purposes. Again, relative to other modern manufacturers, JJP is doing just fine. Why you give Spooky a “pass” just shows your bias. All games should have a manual. The extra “head count” to have someone work on a manual is small when compared with the R&D budget for these beasts…

#20269 2 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

Whatever. I’ve only owned 2 JJP games (DILE & GNRLE) and the manuals have been just fine for my trouble shooting purposes. Again, relative to other modern manufacturers, JJP is doing just fine. Why you give Spooky a “pass” just shows your bias. All games should have a manual. The extra “head count” to have someone work on a manual is small when compared with the R&D budget for these beasts…

Where did you get the idea Spooky got a pass? They NEVER had manuals. That's not okay, but it's the way it is.

JJP had (past tense) AWESOME manuals that were light years ahead of anyone else because of Butch Peel. Once they fired him unceremoniously, the quality suffered visibly on GnR and to a lesser extent, Wonka. If JJP had never been amazing we would have nothing to compare it to. But they were, so we do. They SET THE BAR and then abandoned it. Spooky never tried. I don't understand why this is a hard concept to grasp.

FYI, Dialed In manual was 372 pages in the PDF, and even MORE for the printed one.

Manual page counts:
Wizard of Oz 468
Hobbit 347
Dialed In 372
PotC 359
<Butch Canned at JJP right around Wonka release>
Wonka 287
GnR 233

See the difference? He was an incredible asset and JJP manuals suffered noticeably since he's gone. This is just the page counts. The layout and organization is crappier in many cases, too.

#20270 2 years ago

Well, for those with auto plunge issues, I think a found another reason for this nagging issue. I have an external Polk sub. When I plug or connect the sub, it causes the shooter sensor board to auto plunge. So, if you have auto plunge issues and have an external sub, maybe you might want to disconnect and see if it remedies the issue.

#20271 2 years ago

Update...

psexton who made the Slash skeleton mod (below) got back to me. He said he would make some additional ones due to the interest. He said they'll be available on Pinside "For Sale". Stay tuned for those of you who expressed an interest.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#20272 2 years ago
Quoted from Kerry_Richard:

Update...
psexton who made the Slash skeleton mod (below) got back to me. He said he would make some additional ones due to the interest. He said they'll be available on Pinside "For Sale". Stay tuned for those of you who expressed an interest.[quoted image]

Please update as you hear,

#20273 2 years ago
Quoted from Navystan:

Well, for those with auto plunge issues, I think a found another reason for this nagging issue. I have an external Polk sub. When I plug or connect the sub, it causes the shooter sensor board to auto plunge. So, if you have auto plunge issues and have an external sub, maybe you might want to disconnect and see if it remedies the issue.

Sounds like maybe a ground issue? Can anyone else with shooter lane issues and a polk external sub try this? Very interesting avenue of inquiry to explore.

#20274 2 years ago
Quoted from Navystan:

Use the Pinnovators gizmo for connecting to the external sub. It isolates the ground.

#20275 2 years ago
Quoted from Shmilder:

Hi All,
Just thought i'd share my progress with the flakey guitar lock sensors. I seem to have rectified the issue, without fixing the problem.
Long story short, after taking in upper playfield off and on multiple times with the game both on and off and getting different results each time, by chance i noticed as i loosened the upper playfield (with the game on) it all came good.
So essentially if i screwed the playfield in super snug it was putting pressure on a connector disabling the guitar lock sensors, loosening the front most screw (guitar head) by 1 revolution!!!! to just snug released the pressure enough to work properly.
So its a connector issue

Shmilder thanks for this tech tip! I started experiencing this same problem. I noticed on mine, the locks didn’t have daylight around them - preventing them from moving freely. I took a pic showing why mine were getting stuck.

With your tip, I was able to loosen the screw and move the guitar head around. Once I saw daylight around the locks, I was able to tighten the head into place. Anyway, as more people start replacing the blue snubbers, this is something to be aware of.

Hope this helps others.

9EFD8279-A1C3-4210-8CA8-67B93273A70C (resized).jpeg9EFD8279-A1C3-4210-8CA8-67B93273A70C (resized).jpeg

#20276 2 years ago

Anyone with cabinet decal issues? This sucks because I might want to sell my game and would have to disclose this to a new buyer that for some would affect value. I don’t have the time to apply all new decals and not sure if it’s worth my time. Can this be fixed?

4C364766-3BB9-481E-AB77-1D5C9F844C46 (resized).jpeg4C364766-3BB9-481E-AB77-1D5C9F844C46 (resized).jpeg531654B6-AD6D-460D-8EA6-DAB1CE376A21 (resized).jpeg531654B6-AD6D-460D-8EA6-DAB1CE376A21 (resized).jpegF18EE111-B35B-4398-A34A-022651B1A79E (resized).jpegF18EE111-B35B-4398-A34A-022651B1A79E (resized).jpegF3096269-9FF5-451E-A21F-6217EBF559EC (resized).jpegF3096269-9FF5-451E-A21F-6217EBF559EC (resized).jpeg
#20277 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinplayer1967:

Anyone with cabinet decal issues? This sucks because I might want to sell my game and would have to disclose this to a new buyer that for some would affect value. I don’t have the time to apply all new decals and not sure if it’s worth my time. Can this be fixed?
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Man, that’s some shitty QC. I would ask JJP to send you new decals to keep on hand in case you sell.

In the meantime, check this tech tip to see if it will help.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-jjp-gnr-thread/page/173#post-6245191

#20278 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinplayer1967:

[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Likely fixable. Take off the flipper button and heat the area gently with a blowdryer and use a plastic edge like a wallpaper smoother or a spatula (nothing with a hard 90 degree edge like a butter knife, etc, you want a GENTLE edge so you don't tear it) and smooth the cab decal back out while it's warmed up.

#20279 2 years ago

I am happy to report I have just joined the club. Im currently setting up the machine. I noticed this piece of metal coming through the playfield, and there is a piece of Mylar over it. Is this supposed to be here? Sorry for the rookie question, it’s just something I haven’t seen before in other games.

17E2F0BE-7001-4245-A5EC-B9C7DB45AB57 (resized).jpeg17E2F0BE-7001-4245-A5EC-B9C7DB45AB57 (resized).jpeg
#20280 2 years ago
Quoted from Looking4FirstPin:

I am happy to report I have just joined the club. Im currently setting up the machine. I noticed this piece of metal coming through the playfield, and there is a piece of Mylar over it. Is this supposed to be here? Sorry for the rookie question, it’s just something I haven’t seen before in other games.
[quoted image]

That is a ball guide and is factory installed. Have fun and go rock your new baby!

#20281 2 years ago

[quoted image]

Supposed to prevent ’death-saves’ … but it doesn’t if you’re really pissed.

#20282 2 years ago

OMG! Earlier today, I got my first chance to hit a 6 ball power chord ever! I was beginning to sweat after putting the fifth ball up in the guitar lock. Then, I nearly jumped out of my skin when I put the sixth ball up the ramp perfectly to claim my reward. Then THIS happened!

All I can say is it's a good thing I still love this game so much

IMG_0061 (resized).JPEGIMG_0061 (resized).JPEG
#20283 2 years ago

Happened to me last week… i had to just laugh.

#20284 2 years ago

Game 3418 has landed.

96D572B7-F226-48E7-87F7-7183DD514FCB (resized).jpeg96D572B7-F226-48E7-87F7-7183DD514FCB (resized).jpeg
#20285 2 years ago

Game 3418 has landed. [quoted image]

But what's the actual number (it's on the serial number - the collector's plates don't matter)?

#20286 2 years ago

Hi everyone - I have read the key post on the bass stuck ball but it was not 100% clear to me what I was supposed to bend especially when I look at the wireform. My wireform will get a ball stuck on both sides until finally a 3rd ball releases one other ball. Unfortunately the game is impacted by this situation. Can someone explain the fix to me please?

stuckball (resized).jpgstuckball (resized).jpg
#20287 2 years ago
Quoted from brainmegaphone:

Hi everyone - I have read the key post on the bass stuck ball but it was not 100% clear to me what I was supposed to bend especially when I look at the wireform. My wireform will get a ball stuck on both sides until finally a 3rd ball releases one other ball. Unfortunately the game is impacted by this situation. Can someone explain the fix to me please?
[quoted image]

Take the ramp out and lay on a table . The upper fingers should all be equally bent, mine, the inner 2 were 1/4" higher, causing the ramp to not seat properly. Gently, bend them all down

#20288 2 years ago
Quoted from brainmegaphone:

[quoted image]

I fixed mine by just dropping the VUK by one in the settings. The ball was being kicked up too hard and losing the forward momentum required to just roll.

#20289 2 years ago
Quoted from Lounge:

Supposed to prevent ’death-saves’ … but it doesn’t if you’re really pissed.

Works really well on my game.

#20290 2 years ago

My ignite the flames Multiball is starting at the beginning of the first ball for all players even though the Pyro target has not been hit. Has anyone had this issue?

#20291 2 years ago

My ignite the flames Multiball is starting at the beginning of the first ball for all players even though the Pyro target has not been hit. Has anyone had this issue?

You have a stuck switch, either the pyro target or the sling nearby.

#20292 2 years ago

Yep. Likely your Pyro switch just needs to be gapped a little wider.

#20293 2 years ago

I just had this exact issue on my brand new machine and fixed it yesterday. For me, I went into the matrix switched test and saw switch #18 was stuck active. This corresponds to the rubber to the back/left of the spinning record. I remedied by stretching the rubber and bending the metal blade behind it a bit until it was not active when not being touched. No issues since.. at least with that issue. Still working through several more.

#20294 2 years ago

Any recommendations to tighten a loose lockdown bar. Since my game arrived there is quite a bit of movement on the right side. I am used to Stern’s that don’t move. Thanks.

#20295 2 years ago
Quoted from Dustwel:

I just had this exact issue on my brand new machine and fixed it yesterday. For me, I went into the matrix switched test and saw switch #18 was stuck active. This corresponds to the rubber to the back/left of the spinning record. I remedied by stretching the rubber and bending the metal blade behind it a bit until it was not active when not being touched. No issues since.. at least with that issue. Still working through several more.

Mine had it OOTB too, adjusted the switch gap with a leaf adjustment tool.

#20296 2 years ago

That was fun

20220213_142212 (resized).jpg20220213_142212 (resized).jpg
#20297 2 years ago
Quoted from jacksparrow0112:

Any recommendations to tighten a loose lockdown bar. Since my game arrived there is quite a bit of movement on the right side. I am used to Stern’s that don’t move. Thanks.

Take it off and tighten the two brass screws on the lockdown receiver equally, then reinstall and see if that does it. If not, rinse, repeat until the bar is snug. I had to tighten mine quite a bit. They were so loose they were almost scratching the glass when it was removed because they were so high/loose.

#20298 2 years ago
Quoted from GranpaDave:

Works really well on my game.

Really, really pissed.

#20299 2 years ago

Thanks, everyone. It was the rubber switch. I adjusted it.

#20300 2 years ago

Thanks, everyone. It was the rubber switch. I adjusted it.

Welcome to pinball tech and congrats on your first fix!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 60.00
Hardware
Pin Parts

$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 210.00
€ 42.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 10,200.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

Machine - For Sale
Milford, CT
7,275 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Crestview, FL
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 130.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 40.00
Playfield - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 11,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 109.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pin Monk

Hardware
Pinball Haven

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 28,351 posts in this topic. You are on page 406 of 568.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-jjp-gnr-thread/page/406?hl=dantesmark and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.