IMG_2676.gif
IMG_0960 (resized).jpeg
image1 (resized).jpeg
image0 (resized).jpeg
GnRAllenWrenchMod (resized).jpg
200w.gif
IMG_2222 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

78 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 28,391 posts in this topic. You are on page 405 of 568.
#20201 2 years ago

Aside from cashing in those band frenzies; The quicker you progress through waves will also play a part with how well your scores will be. You can’t just flail in GNR, which is funny as the game punishes you for trapping up; which is why T-Shirt + Poster patches are my favorite. They allow for a more controlled song experience.

#20202 2 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Activating Band Frenzy and feeding the spinner shot

Spinner shot into the pops with Frank’s thunderchucker drumsticks during band frenzy for the win!

#20203 2 years ago
Quoted from holminone:

you are path locked with no hope of recovery for a given song no matter how well you do in the song.

In those situations I play the heck out of the song anyway in hopes I’ll get to cash out early for the extra ball. Then at least you’re earning an extra ball and don’t have to struggle through the whole song for next to nothing in points.

#20204 2 years ago
Quoted from holminone:

I know man. The problem without setting the table properly (and repetitively) is you are path locked with no hope of recovery for a given song no matter how well you do in the song. I feel like the system should be smarter to make kicking ass in a song with a low start value and few patches somewhat interesting. It’s deflating for my friends who play for sure. For example. Why not code for the scenario where you have low start but you kick ass and have decently fast level progression or add a ball rate or you happen to hit a set of good combos provide the player with a patch lagniappe and some other non linear scoring accelerators (step function song level boost). It’s like the band in low level bar venue catches fire and you are rewarded. But no…. Here’s 650k points for your troubles. Big woop.
In this current scenario I now go for time and album level and cash out early. For a while I would just try to drain. And that is bs. Give me something to achieve in low level scenario. And heaven forbid. Make spins in slash solo worth something like pteranodon in JP. Risk reward in that mode is way out of wack.

From my perspective the game does give you that. I’ve gone into low rank songs, kicked some ass, got encore, and my encore blows up at 3k a shot, rock a band frenzy, and even if you chicken out and cash out you’re at 20k+ for the song.

That’s exactly why I love the game. The risk reward is there. Keeps the heart pounding… keeps me coming back for more. Could they adjust the scoring on slash solo, and can we play a game… sure. But the points are there, no matter your starting song score with the right patches, focus on band frenzy, and shooting for that encore.

#20205 2 years ago
Quoted from Blu:

From my perspective the game does give you that. I’ve gone into low rank songs, kicked some ass, got encore, and my encore blows up at 3k a shot, rock a band frenzy, and even if you chicken out and cash out you’re at 20k+ for the song.
That’s exactly why I love the game. The risk reward is there. Keeps the heart pounding… keeps me coming back for more. Could they adjust the scoring on slash solo, and can we play a game… sure. But the points are there, no matter your starting song score with the right patches, focus on band frenzy, and shooting for that encore.

To be fair, agree with this too. I’m drain city on encores! Never blown one of those up. Highest score to date is like 65m.

#20206 2 years ago

Some days you eat the bear… I just won Desert Demolition for the first time! I know it’s unpopular to play the album modes (unpopular for me too) but when I decided to try to enjoy without thinking about scoring, some of these things opened up to me. It’s a shame about the fork in the decision tree—songs and points or more of the game’s features—but I suppose you can have it both ways when you own the game, right?

Anyway, I suck and it’s the first of any of the album modes I’ve beaten, and that was fun!

Then I played Better, was up to a 30 million point jackpot, got down to one ball and one shot. I hit the shot and then trapped up to hit the scoop and get the hell out of there!

Only I didn’t. But I trapped up again. Five more times actually. And I could. Not. Hit. The. Scoop. I did have a good laugh at myself though

#20207 2 years ago
Quoted from deejaypee:

Some days you eat the bear… I just won Desert Demolition for the first time! I know it’s unpopular to play the album modes (unpopular for me too) but when I decided to try to enjoy without thinking about scoring, some of these things opened up to me. It’s a shame about the fork in the decision tree—songs and points or more of the game’s features—but I suppose you can have it both ways when you own the game, right?
Anyway, I suck and it’s the first of any of the album modes I’ve beaten, and that was fun!
Then I played Better, was up to a 30 million point jackpot, got down to one ball and one shot. I hit the shot and then trapped up to hit the scoop and get the hell out of there!
Only I didn’t. But I trapped up again. Five more times actually. And I could. Not. Hit. The. Scoop. I did have a good laugh at myself though

Love this and great point. It’s fun! But damn. For how “rare” it is to actually beat it, you think you would earn a little more “for the effort” (in my best Bill Murray voice)

#20208 2 years ago
Quoted from holminone:

Love this and great point. It’s fun! But damn. For how “rare” it is to actually beat it, you think you would earn a little more “for the effort” (in my best Bill Murray voice)

I was playing pinball with the Dalai Llama once. He didn’t buy the second round, but he told me that when I died, I’d be able to do the flutter pass. So I got that going for me.

#20209 2 years ago
Quoted from deejaypee:

I was playing pinball with the Dalai Llama once. He didn’t buy the second round, but he told me that when I died, I’d be able to do the flutter pass. So I got that going for me.

Think I just pissed myself laughing. Hilarious!

#20210 2 years ago

Record stickers just showed up. Now I won't feel bad poking a hole in mine to level the record.

20220209_123303 (resized).jpg20220209_123303 (resized).jpg
#20211 2 years ago
Quoted from glpinball:

Record stickers just showed up. Now I won't feel bad poking a hole in mine to level the record.
[quoted image]

I was really glad when I had GNR Lies (though I wished that the acoustic version of You’re Crazy had been the album’s song on the machine) as my record, but it would be fun to change them out.

Which one you gonna go with?!!

#20212 2 years ago
Quoted from deejaypee:

I was really glad when I had GNR Lies (though I wished that the acoustic version of You’re Crazy had been the album’s song on the machine) as my record, but it would be fun to change them out.

I have lies, and to me it just doesn't jibe well. Going to put on appetite when mine arrive.

#20213 2 years ago

Hoping Just a hairdryer to remove cleanly? Any suggestions?

#20214 2 years ago
Quoted from deejaypee:

I dunno yet. No rush.

#20215 2 years ago

Anyone have problems with balls auto launching? Sometimes the "skillshot" sounds when ball is still in trough, then as soon as kicked to shooter lane it fires, sometimes it doesnt "autolaunch" until its in shooter lane for seconds to minutes while choosing patch, but its comes and goes and has occurred since we received the game. Have been in contact with support, but only via email as the support number seems to goto a voicemail, and I haven't gotten a call back when I leave a voice message. So far support has had me check switch matrix (which test fine) , re-seat connectors to skill shot sensor board and look for loose pins, and recently sent me another skill shot sensor board, which has the same erratic behavior. Anyone else had this prob and fixed on their own, or know a way to get in touch with JJP where I can talk to someone who can help troubleshoot? Love this game when its working, but when its not..... Yes, I have gone into sensor tests and calibrated in menu and sometimes that helps, sometimes not.

HELP!

#20216 2 years ago
Quoted from J-A-Z:

Anyone have problems with balls auto launching? Sometimes the "skillshot" sounds when ball is still in trough, then as soon as kicked to shooter lane it fires, sometimes it doesnt "autolaunch" until its in shooter lane for seconds to minutes while choosing patch, but its comes and goes and has occurred since we received the game. Have been in contact with support, but only via email as the support number seems to goto a voicemail, and I haven't gotten a call back when I leave a voice message. So far support has had me check switch matrix (which test fine) , re-seat connectors to skill shot sensor board and look for loose pins, and recently sent me another skill shot sensor board, which has the same erratic behavior. Anyone else had this prob and fixed on their own, or know a way to get in touch with JJP where I can talk to someone who can help troubleshoot? Love this game when its working, but when its not..... Yes, I have gone into sensor tests and calibrated in menu and sometimes that helps, sometimes not.
HELP!

Plenty of info in this thread about this. Maybe even a keypost.

- Clean the optos.
- check connections on the optos board.
- don't touch it until it is done calibrating at the beginning
- go into setting and recalibrate whenever this happens.

I had to recalibrate repeatedly for a couple weeks and it finally went away. It has come back a few times so not totally gone. But these things all seemed to help.

#20217 2 years ago
Quoted from J-A-Z:

HELP!

If you are under warranty then call jjp. They may send you a new opto board. It has happened before. You just have to send the old one back or they charge you.

#20218 2 years ago
Quoted from J-A-Z:

HELP!

Yep , I have the same problem , it starts after about half to an hour playing and then after a while , sometimes it will stop .
If you got a new board and that hasn't helped , that doesn't sound good .

#20219 2 years ago
Quoted from J-A-Z:

HELP!

If a second sensor board had the exact same problem (especially if it was the same sensors doing it), and you're 100% sure it's not a wiring problem (bad crimps on the contacts, contacts not fully inserted into the connector housing, etc.) then I'd try cleaning the UNDERSIDE of the lamp inserts in the shooter lane. Sometimes there's some nearly invisible gack on there from the manufacturing process and it just needs to be cleaned off with something liquid (same stuff you clean your glass with will work fine) and a Q-tip. Really scrub, then dry off again with a clean Q-tip.

#20220 2 years ago
Quoted from glpinball:

[quoted image]

Nice... I ordered my set dont need it yet but Im sure it will come in handy over the years.

#20221 2 years ago

Can anyone share the process for ordering another playfield from JJP? I have an early release LE and want to have a back up.

#20222 2 years ago

Anyone wanna sell me a record decal or two? Pm me

#20223 2 years ago

Well this was a new one for me, had all four booster multi-balls going and then this crap happens, trying to shake them loose I of course tilted the machine....

20220210_011920 (resized).jpg20220210_011920 (resized).jpg
#20224 2 years ago
Quoted from ZoraShinoda:

Well this was a new one for me, had all four booster multi-balls going and then this crap happens, trying to shake them loose I of course tilted the machine....
[quoted image]

If it continues, try some Super Lube. I slightly loosened the screw on the top and used a Q tip to apply the lube. It really works. I had this issue where the ball comes out of the upper VUK.

6F372A6C-0B8E-435F-A34D-BA9518746ADF (resized).jpeg6F372A6C-0B8E-435F-A34D-BA9518746ADF (resized).jpeg
#20225 2 years ago
Quoted from ZoraShinoda:

[quoted image]

Magnetized balls? Looks like they are sticking to the rails.

Not using chromed balls are you?

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#20226 2 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Magnetized balls? Looks like they are sticking to the rails.
Not using chromed balls are you?

I don't think they are, is there an easy way to check for magnetization? I still using the balls that shipped with the machine.

#20227 2 years ago
Quoted from ZoraShinoda:

I don't think they are, is there an easy way to check for magnetization? I still using the balls that shipped with the machine.

See if you can pick up a paper clip with them

#20228 2 years ago

That’s not a magnetized ball problem. It’s the spinners and/or ball guide. Do as suggested above and lube the spinners a bit. I had this problem and squeezed the ball guides in a hair so that it would catch the spinner better.

#20229 2 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

That’s not a magnetized ball problem. It’s the spinners and/or ball guide. Do as suggested above and lube the spinners a bit. I had this problem and squeezed the ball guides in a hair so that it would catch the spinner better.

Also a great suggestion. I super lubed my passive diverters.

#20230 2 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Also a great suggestion. I super lubed my passive diverters.

Gotta give credit where credit is due. I got the idea from you.

#20231 2 years ago
Quoted from PinsNJeeps:

Gotta give credit where credit is due. I got the idea from you.

When I'm not pissing people off I'm trying to help people

#20232 2 years ago

Will try the lube solution, not super concerned, was first time this occurred and have had the game for 6 weeks. As someone else mentioned i have had it happen a few times on the Bass guitar after the VUK, always just shook it loose as it was only 1 ball not 4 like here, will lube them both up.

#20233 2 years ago
Quoted from ZoraShinoda:

Will try the lube solution, not super concerned, was first time this occurred and have had the game for 6 weeks. As someone else mentioned i have had it happen a few times on the Bass guitar after the VUK, always just shook it loose as it was only 1 ball not 4 like here, will lube them both up.

Lube will definitely help! It seems like the more you play, the passive diverters get broken in and kind of free themselves up.

#20234 2 years ago
Quoted from JDub03:

Can anyone share the process for ordering another playfield from JJP? I have an early release LE and want to have a back up.

EDIT: Updated 2022-06-22 - Email KEN at jerseyjackpinball dot com now, Barry is gone.

Email barry at JJP (bengler AT jerseyjackpinball.com) with your serial number and tell him you bought a NIB jjGnR want to be on the list for a spare playfield. He should email you back a confirmation that you are on the list. Then you will be contacted when they are done building GnR (likely Summer) to sell you the spare PF for $500.

#20235 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Email barry at JJP (bengler AT jerseyjackpinball.com) with your serial number and tell him you bought a NIB jjGnR want to be on the list for a spare playfield. He should email you back a confirmation that you are on the list. Then you will be contacted when they are done building GnR (likely Summer) to sell you the spare PF for $500.

Barry? You aint gunna see. him no more... he's gone.. and thats that. Email ken holland.

#20236 2 years ago

Ken is a good egg.

#20237 2 years ago
Quoted from HarryReimer:

Barry? You aint gunna see. him no more... he's gone.. and thats that. Email ken holland.

Wow, I had no idea. When did that happen? Last email I have from him was at the end of December.

#20238 2 years ago

He left and he is now at American Pinball again.

#20239 2 years ago
Quoted from HarryReimer:

That explains a lot… but they should deactivate his voicemail box. I did get an email back from his email account in late January. Guess they have someone checking it.

Ken was awesome a couple of days ago. I emailed him and he called me within literally 20 minutes, helped out, and went on his merry way. Guess who’s going to have a working magnet again one day soonish?

#20240 2 years ago
Quoted from HarryReimer:

Ken is a good egg.

I’ve seen multiple positive shoutouts regarding Ken. Recently I had an excellent interaction working with him - my one and only support request so far with JJP. He seems like a good dude.

#20241 2 years ago

+1 for Ken's help with an opto. 3 calls, very helpful.

#20242 2 years ago

Ken helped me with the left ramp diverter. Glad he's on board.

#20243 2 years ago

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:4898252/files

Does anyone know if there’s a problem with this file? My brother has tried to print this file out but says something isn’t right, and wondering if there’s a different one that might work.

And chiming in on current affairs, Ken Holland has been super responsive and helpful time and time again, trying to sort out my skill shot/auto plunge issue and definitely deserves a shout out here.

F17B98F8-F02A-43D5-861C-AB71BC8BF6BF (resized).jpegF17B98F8-F02A-43D5-861C-AB71BC8BF6BF (resized).jpeg
#20244 2 years ago
Quoted from PinballGalore:

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:4898252/files
Does anyone know if there’s a problem with this file? My brother has tried to print this file out but says something isn’t right, and wondering if there’s a different one that might work.
And chiming in on current affairs, Ken Holland has been super responsive and helpful time and time again, trying to sort out my skill shot/auto plunge issue and definitely deserves a shout out here.
[quoted image]

Worked fine for me. What did he try to slice it with?

#20245 2 years ago

Shout out to ECW for printing me the Marshall tabs. They came out great thanks again.

7B17D759-A848-4AD5-A051-88F4B5BA7F85 (resized).jpeg7B17D759-A848-4AD5-A051-88F4B5BA7F85 (resized).jpegF30B35EA-79D9-4D35-BD0D-FF41B084A6E9 (resized).jpegF30B35EA-79D9-4D35-BD0D-FF41B084A6E9 (resized).jpeg
#20246 2 years ago
Quoted from shovelhed:

Shout out to ECW for printing me the Marshall tabs. They came out great thanks again.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Anyone else lining up their Marshall tab with the speaker grill holes will realize afterwards that the speaker grill isn’t aligned altogether. mine is the same but I’ve decided not to mess with it for now.

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
#20247 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Worked fine for me. What did he try to slice it with?

Checking with him. Thanks Vic

#20248 2 years ago

Reporting for duty...

I originally had a CE, but now have an LE. Like the red package more. Can't stop playing, and that's from a guy that's not a big music fan or care for heavy multi-ball.

Like some have reported, I had auto-plunge issues. That was fixed (so far, 2 days of playing) with a skill shot sensor board replacement. UPDATE: 2nd day of playing, auto plunge issue came back. See picture of error. I went to test/matrix and pulled out white interlock to test shaker. Turning on shaker reveals issue with switch 100 "Shooter Lane 4." Notice it's flashing.

I have to do a few of the basic fixes like cliffy for scoop and skill shot gate fix.

My most pressing issue is I get a black screen every so often during gameplay. Looked through tech index and didn't see the issue fix listed. Any ideas? Thanks!

D4C804AF-EFBF-4ADE-BE13-0B455BA9A139 (resized).pngD4C804AF-EFBF-4ADE-BE13-0B455BA9A139 (resized).png
#20249 2 years ago
Quoted from shovelhed:

[quoted image][quoted image]

I have a few extra sets of these printed as well if anyone wants a pair. Just hit me up!

#20250 2 years ago

Can someone help me identify a part number please; unfortunately there’s about 400 miles between my pin and me. It’s the upper most clear plastic on the left hand back corner. From memory the plastic was labeled 01. Looking through the manual, my imagination and memory isn’t good enough to work out the part number.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pin Monk

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
The MOD Couple

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 210.00
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

€ 42.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

Machine - For Sale
Boston, MA
$ 11,000.00
5,999 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Appleton, WI
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 19.95
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 649.95
Lighting - Interactive
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 109.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

12,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Long Beach, NY
$ 11,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 10,200.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 130.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Side Gig Studios

There are 28,391 posts in this topic. You are on page 405 of 568.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-jjp-gnr-thread/page/405?hl=jdub03 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.