pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_5643 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5642 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2460.gif
IMG_0503 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2451 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot 2024-03-22 at 1.26.23 PM (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

78 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 28,103 posts in this topic. You are on page 404 of 563.
#20151 2 years ago
Quoted from shovelhed:

To help others in the future, easiest way to install the art blades is
1. Get a second pair of hands (Partner)
2. Have Partner slide playfield almost completely out, holding the playfield straight.
3. Starting from the back to the front attach 4 to 5 clamps to the side rails along with the art. From the back carefully remove a clamp and backing of art. Line up with hinge bolt and smooth out any bubbles. Rinse and repeat until its installed, then do the opposite side in the same manner. Here’s a reference pic of the clamps. Hope this helps
Harley D.
[quoted image]

That's a good tip regarding the playfield. I did the same thing. Thanks to the crazy long slide rails, the playfield can be slid way out until it is essentially resting on the front of the machine. Have a partner hold the playfield horizontal so the rear of the playfield is completely up and out of the way. No wires need to be disconnected.

#20152 2 years ago

Art blade question: When watching streams I noticed the side rail lights “reflect” off the black interior walls which creates a cool effect (at least at the camera’s angle). Do you get that same effect as the player and if so, do the art blades impact it?

#20153 2 years ago
Quoted from Xelz:

Art blade question: When watching streams I noticed the side rail lights “reflect” off the black interior walls which creates a cool effect (at least at the camera’s angle). Do you get that same effect as the player and if so, do the art blades impact it?

It was more of an annoyance to me, I put the tilt blades on and they look great. Jjp ones are nice as well

#20154 2 years ago

EDIT: These have found a new home.
———————————————————

In an effort to bring some positivity and joy to this thread on an otherwise dreary Monday morning, I have an unopened set of Tilt’s Legendary art blades. I ordered the official blades and these were sent instead. Tilt didn’t want them back and I have no use for them. If anyone would like them for your machine, let me know and they are yours. If you want to kick in towards shipping that would be appreciated, but not required.

To our friends outside of the lower 48, I’m not sure it’s cost effective to ship them outside the country right now.

Have a Happy Monday everyone.
181F196A-7C02-4CA8-A2B6-8501AA5F8DEE (resized).jpeg181F196A-7C02-4CA8-A2B6-8501AA5F8DEE (resized).jpeg7D38BA8B-3372-4981-9338-DB74F0862F78 (resized).jpeg7D38BA8B-3372-4981-9338-DB74F0862F78 (resized).jpeg

#20155 2 years ago
Quoted from holminone:

Subject change. Zaphx doesn’t deserve to die

To set the record straight, these are your words, not mine. I never said that. I simply said, and I will repeat it again for contextual benefits to those that are literally challenged, that it is my opinion that the world would be a better place if some people were not in it.
The fact that those people are in this world does not imply they should die or be killed. I mean't simply & literally what I said.
Listen for it, one more time if you weren't paying attention the first two times.... the world would be a better place IF some people were not in it. IMO.

If everyone wants to get on with their Monday, they can attempt to do so, but I will not be misrepresented or paraphrased out of context without retort.

#20156 2 years ago

Why don't you just make a separate thread about what a horrible person I am so the GNR owners can talk GNR?

#20157 2 years ago

I made it past Slash solo without losing a ball last week!

#20158 2 years ago
Quoted from sevenrites:

I made it past Slash solo without losing a ball last week!

I've only made it to level 2, what happens when you beat it?

#20159 2 years ago
Quoted from holminone:

Been cashing out of songs more and finding value in the extra balls. Karl’s “never cash out” strategy was limiting for my level of play.

I’ve found myself doing the same, but that’s just because I’m try to finish the 4 album modes to make it too the end.

My scores have significantly dropped as a result, but I have managed to beat 3 of the 4 in one game, so I’m getting close.

Hopefully I just need to play them all and not actually beat the modes as I’ve never finished the shall we play a game mode.

#20160 2 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

I've only made it to level 2, what happens when you beat it?

This only happened one time for me in over 750 games. I think after you complete level 2 it's the end because it sounded and looked like a victory, the mode ended before timing out and I think I netted over 10 million when it happened. But my memory is vague, so I'm not positive.

My post about making it without losing a ball - that particular instance, I didn't finish the mode, I got past level 1 and it started level 2 but then it timed out on me so I was in and out without losing the ball but no victory or completion.

#20161 2 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Why don't you just make a separate thread about what a horrible person I am so the GNR owners can talk GNR?

Selfish to the core. Now you want a dedicated thread specifically idolizing your character? In your dreams.

#20162 2 years ago
Quoted from Vespula:

Selfish to the core. Now you want a dedicated thread specifically idolizing your character? In your dreams.

On the contrary, I'm trying to get the subject changed away from me and back to GNR.

#20163 2 years ago

Get a fucking room.

#20164 2 years ago

How do u get to sympathy for the devil?

#20166 2 years ago
Quoted from Dantesmark:

How do u get to sympathy for the devil?

I've never done it, but I *think* you need to play:

Slash Solo
Tour MB
All 4 album modes

#20167 2 years ago
Quoted from Vespula:

it's my opinion that the world would simply be a better place without certain people in it.

That brave new world lies at your fingertips. Just put Zaphx on "ignore" and stop tormenting yourself. There's no reason to keep carrying this on over a mod comment when you can literally have your wish with a click and the rest of us can carry on as before.

#20168 2 years ago

I'm thinking some Midol and a nap may suit some of the posters here today

#20169 2 years ago

The maker of this Slash skeleton mod got back to me and said he is not making them any longer. That is/was the type of Slash figure I wanted to put in my game. It's similar to Axel's skeleton figure.

Thanks to glpinball who posted this picture and info earlier.

Kerry

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#20170 2 years ago
Quoted from Kerry_Richard:

The maker of this Slash skeleton mod got back to me and said he is not making them any longer. That is/was the type of Slash figure I wanted to put in my game. It's similar to Axel's skeleton figure.
Thanks to the Pinguy who posted this picture and info earlier.
Kerry
[quoted image]

Tell him a bunch would buy, Maybe he will make more. I can sell 3 if he does,,

#20171 2 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

I've never done it, but I *think* you need to play:
Slash Solo
Tour MB
All 4 album modes

Ugh. Here I was just thinking it was the 4 modes. Getting tour and slash solo in there too sounds pretty rough.

#20172 2 years ago
Quoted from PinsNJeeps:

In an effort to bring some positivity and joy to this thread on an otherwise dreary Monday morning, I have an unopened set of Tilt’s Legendary art blades. I ordered the official blades and these were sent instead. Tilt didn’t want them back and I have no use for them. If anyone would like them for your machine, let me know and they are yours. If you want to kick in towards shipping that would be appreciated, but not required.
To our friends outside of the lower 48, I’m not sure it’s cost effective to ship them outside the country right now.
Have a Happy Monday everyone.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Heh, your photo shows how cool the side rail lights shine on the art blades. It wasn't your original intent, but you sold me on the official blades

#20173 2 years ago
Quoted from Xelz:

Heh, your photo shows how cool the side rail lights shine on the art blades. It wasn't your original intent, but you sold me on the official blades

Hah! I’ve been known to help others spend money. I really like the official blades - good choice!

#20174 2 years ago
Quoted from Blu:

Ugh. Here I was just thinking it was the 4 modes. Getting tour and slash solo in there too sounds pretty rough.

I might be wrong! I've never gotten that far.

#20175 2 years ago
Quoted from Blu:

Karl has a stream with the whole trip, including the wizard mode. You can see what he did to get there.

#20176 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Karl has a stream with the whole trip, including the wizard mode. You can see what he did to get there.

Oh I can see it. Doin, that's a problem

#20177 2 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

I might be wrong! I've never gotten that far.

Nah you hit the nail on the head. I should have looked up the rules myself before starting my quest.

I may need to reduce the spins to hit slash solo from whatever the default is though. I’ve started my 4th song, after finishing 3 modes, and still didn’t start slash solo.

C65B66B7-1C86-4074-9A20-DB8C170359FA (resized).pngC65B66B7-1C86-4074-9A20-DB8C170359FA (resized).png
#20178 2 years ago

Thanks to the Pinguy who posted this picture and info earlier.
Kerry
[quoted image]

Shit Kerry, I got the same response we must have good taste as I was looking for a slash figure to match axl as well. To bad as I think he would sell a shit ton of them. I did message him telling him there’s lots of interest.
Harley D.

#20179 2 years ago

I didn't watch that video from Karl since I'm trying to keep a few wizard modes unspoiled. But out of curiosity, does "No Sympathy for the Devil" provide enough points to compensate for the lower risk/reward return of the album modes? Just wondering if a long-term progression strategy toward the final wizard mode is worth it when playing for points.

#20180 2 years ago
Quoted from Xelz:

I didn't watch that video from Karl since I'm trying to keep a few wizard modes unspoiled. But out of curiosity, does "No Sympathy for the Devil" provide enough points to compensate for the lower risk/reward return of the album modes? Just wondering if a long-term progression strategy toward the final wizard mode is worth it when playing for points.

If I remember right, how well you do on the album modes affects the score sizes on the no sympathy for the devil. I think it's like Godzilla/PlanetX in that regard. You can rush through to get to the wizard, but if you have crappy scores along the way, the wizard mode won't be worth much.

#20181 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

If I remember right, how well you do on the album modes affects the score sizes on the no sympathy for the devil. I think it's like Godzilla/PlanetX in that regard. You can rush through to get to the wizard, but if you have crappy scores along the way, the wizard mode won't be worth much.

Classic Keefer. POTC is similar, where the more characters you collect in the chapters, the better the wizard mode payouts are.

#20182 2 years ago

I know about the crystal ball ... but does anyone has an insight as to whether the scoring may change if there is a new update? This pin is a work of art in so many ways that I think the current scoring system is not par with the pin.

#20183 2 years ago

Here is a different picture he has/had of the Slash skeleton figure. He is psexton here on Pinside. Maybe we can get him interested in a remake with multiple pre?orders.

Kerry

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#20184 2 years ago

Here is a different picture he has/had of the Slash skeleton figure. He is psexton here on Pinside. Maybe we can get him interested in a remake with multiple pre?orders.
Kerry
[quoted image]

Count me in for 2 or 3

#20185 2 years ago

Do you need to finish the modes to get to the wizard mode or just have played them?

#20186 2 years ago
Quoted from Shmilder:

Do you need to finish the modes to get to the wizard mode or just have played them?

If I remember right, just have played them. But if that's your bar, the wizard mode scores will really be terrible since they're based on your mode scores.

#20187 2 years ago

Cam amyone do a metallic bullet for the flipper toppers. Brass casing at the bottom and chrome the rest?

#20188 2 years ago
Quoted from pinballaddicted:

Great to hear that you are on top of your issues. We are slowly getting there. We purposely waited for a later build LE hoping to avoid the issues.
We have already put in a full set of Cliffys, removed all the posts, put in Silicon washers and PETG, Hair dryed one pooling post, adjusted the orbits so the ball lands on the flippers, We are currently rebuilding the flippers (all the factory flippers had no gap to the flipper bushing and were binding up ), screws fell out of our spotlights and we still have not played 100 games yet. As soon as Pinmonk puts all the fans up, we intend to put all them on too. I am really looking forward to having a good go on our machine soon.
There are some absolute champions that are always on Pinside and always helping others get their games playing right and bulletproofed. I would not enjoy the hobby no where near as much without their help. Good on Pinside for bringing us all together.

I’ve got an LE arriving soon - are all these issues now factory addressed or should I plan on an afternoon of preventative maintenance before I get to start enjoying the game?

#20189 2 years ago
Quoted from dougPDX:

I’ve got an LE arriving soon - are all these issues now factory addressed or should I plan on an afternoon of preventative maintenance before I get to start enjoying the game?

From my experience , I would wait till any issues show up . Mine has been perfect out of the box , except sometimes it Auto plunges , and the cord on the small LCD needed to be pushed in .

#20190 2 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

From my experience , I would wait till any issues show up . Mine has been perfect out of the box , except sometimes it Auto plunges , and the cord on the small LCD needed to be pushed in .

Cool, thanks. I have some cliffy’s - figured I would drop them in early on. From what my distributor is telling me, the games are now coming with washers in all the trouble spots. Just don’t wind to find out too late that I should have done something earlier to prevent damage….

#20191 2 years ago
Quoted from dougPDX:

Cool, thanks. I have some cliffy’s - figured I would drop them in early on. From what my distributor is telling me, the games are now coming with washers in all the trouble spots. Just don’t wind to find out too late that I should have done something earlier to prevent damage….

I just got mine in January, and it looks like washers are all in the right places. I did order a Cliffy set, and the kit from Pinball Life just to be sure I had everything I needed in case something arose. But I've put a ton of games on it, and no issues to speak of. Be careful removing the glass the first time. I had the lockdown bar adjustment bolts up too high from the factory, and it scratched the Invisiglass. JJP support took care of me though rather quickly.

#20192 2 years ago

There were a few posts a month or so ago about rubber rings being too tight and causing posts to dig into the playfield. You may consider swapping those rings with ones 1/4” larger.

#20193 2 years ago
Quoted from dougPDX:

With all the fixes from the factory, you should be good to go. Enjoy the game.

You’ll spend enough time with the glass off trying to get the game dialed in.

#20194 2 years ago

If anyone ever wondered what it would look like if GnR JJP and GnR DE had a baby. Points for creativity. The virtual pinball community is wild for sure.

#20195 2 years ago
Quoted from AvidPinPlayer:

I know about the crystal ball ... but does anyone has an insight as to whether the scoring may change if there is a new update? This pin is a work of art in so many ways that I think the current scoring system is not par with the pin.

Man, I hope the scoring is improved as well. As you say, not par with the pin.

I'm sure Keefer is a rockstar programmer, but he needs some help on the scoring. Have no idea who "designed" the scoring, but it's way too arcane.

#20196 2 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

Man, I hope the scoring is improved as well. As you say, not par with the pin.
I'm sure Keefer is a rockstar programmer, but he needs some help on the scoring. Have no idea who "designed" the scoring, but it's way too arcane.

I agree. Lots of problems. Hard to pinpoint them all. But the main ones for me is being constrained in song level despite royally kicking ass in a song. You just get no yield if you don’t build up prior. Album modes pitiful. Slash solo guaranteed drain for no tangible benefit.

In song with good start value good scoring feels arbitrary. No rhyme or reason why one song I build to 29 million but others of similar start value and feeling of kicking ass still hanging at 3.5 million.

#20197 2 years ago
Quoted from holminone:

I agree. Lots of problems. Hard to pinpoint them all. But the main ones for me is being constrained in song level despite royally kicking ass in a song. You just get no yield if you don’t build up prior. Album modes pitiful. Slash solo guaranteed drain for no tangible benefit.
In song with good start value good scoring feels arbitrary. No rhyme or reason why one song I build to 29 million but others of similar start value and feeling of kicking ass still hanging at 3.5 million.

It all ties back to your ability to successfully start and make use of band frenzy + patch abilities. Every massive song score that I have had directly related to that and obviously start value.

#20198 2 years ago
Quoted from Blu:

It all ties back to your ability to successfully start and make use of band frenzy + patch abilities. Every massive song score that I have had directly related to that and obviously start value.

This. Activating Band Frenzy and feeding the spinner shot when active has the biggest bang for the buck IMO.

#20199 2 years ago
Quoted from Blu:

I know man. The problem without setting the table properly (and repetitively) is you are path locked with no hope of recovery for a given song no matter how well you do in the song. I feel like the system should be smarter to make kicking ass in a song with a low start value and few patches somewhat interesting. It’s deflating for my friends who play for sure. For example. Why not code for the scenario where you have low start but you kick ass and have decently fast level progression or add a ball rate or you happen to hit a set of good combos provide the player with a patch lagniappe and some other non linear scoring accelerators (step function song level boost). It’s like the band in low level bar venue catches fire and you are rewarded. But no…. Here’s 650k points for your troubles. Big woop.

In this current scenario I now go for time and album level and cash out early. For a while I would just try to drain. And that is bs. Give me something to achieve in low level scenario. And heaven forbid. Make spins in slash solo worth something like pteranodon in JP. Risk reward in that mode is way out of wack.

#20200 2 years ago

Just add a digit to all the scoring and itll be fine.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn
Decorations
$ 49.99
$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints
Tools
Flipper Parts
FlipMods
Flipper parts
$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer
Sound/Speakers
12,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Long Beach, NY
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
Electronics
Skillshot Combo
Electronics
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
Machine - For Sale
Chaska, MN
$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Side Gig Studios
Other
€ 69.00
Pinball Machine
Multiball mods
Pinball Machine
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
$ 100.00
Boards
Led Pinball
Boards
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball
Decorations
12,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Spokane Valley, WA
$ 10,200.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place
Pinball Machine
$ 6.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
$ 210.00
Flipper Parts
Pin Monk
Flipper parts
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
€ 42.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 100.00
Electronics
Led Pinball
Electronics
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 649.95
Lighting - Interactive
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Interactive
There are 28,103 posts in this topic. You are on page 404 of 563.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-jjp-gnr-thread/page/404 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.