pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_5643 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5642 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2460.gif
IMG_0503 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2451 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot 2024-03-22 at 1.26.23 PM (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

78 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 28,103 posts in this topic. You are on page 403 of 563.
#20101 2 years ago
Quoted from Ecw0930:

You will most likely have to poke a hole in the decal and tighten the screw in the record also. That fixes the wobble if I remember correctly. That's what the real issue was on mine. The wobble caused it to always be lower/higher on one side.
The fix for that is tightening the screw under the decal on the record.

What’s the best way to create that hole without tearing the rest of the record?

#20102 2 years ago
Quoted from Xelz:

Imma gonna vote spear it with a Phillips head screwdriver, but zero experience. I just wanted to weigh in.

#20103 2 years ago
Quoted from Kerry_Richard:

I like the idea of Slash and seen many of him on Data East GNR's version. I feel they (Axel figure & toy Slash figure) are so different in style, they contradict each other.
If anyone has the Seller or his/her Pinside name... please let me know.
Thanks
Kerry

Here you go.

16441742968398372399044370601113 (resized).jpg16441742968398372399044370601113 (resized).jpgScreenshot_20220206-140339_Chrome (resized).jpgScreenshot_20220206-140339_Chrome (resized).jpg
#20104 2 years ago

I don't understand you guys putting Slash on the AXL area of the game, blocking the lane lights and the screen.

#20105 2 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

I don't understand you guys putting Slash on the AXL area of the game, blocking the lane lights and the screen.

Kind of what I was thinking too. It's hard enough to see the AXL lanes as is and the screen provides information needed for shot making during modes (unless you have everything memorized).

#20106 2 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Eh doesn't bother me. I barely look at the small screen as it is. Don't really care about the Axl lanes anyway. To each their own as they say.

#20107 2 years ago
Quoted from Xelz:

Razor knife, just slit it and you'll be fine

#20108 2 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

No blockage with the super starz slash, that's a myth.
Slash on Axl's Lane, yes, but your a total purist, so I get it.
For the comment you earned another picture.

Screenshot_20220205-184926_Gallery (resized).jpgScreenshot_20220205-184926_Gallery (resized).jpg
#20109 2 years ago
Quoted from Vespula:

No blockage with the super starz slash, that's a myth.
Slash on Axl's Lane, yes, but your a total purist, so I get it.
For the comment you earned another picture. [quoted image]

All of that makes my eyes bleed.

Just please make sure none of this is irreversible so when you sell after 200 plays someone else can enjoy it as it was intended.

#20110 2 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Just please make sure none of this is irreversible so when you sell after 200 plays someone else can enjoy it as it was intended.

You can't help but try and be funny.... It's your condescending attitude that robs you of being actually funny to other people.

For the record, everything is removable, but I'm 500 plays and it's guns and fucking bolted to the floor! I'm gonna get buried in it.

#20111 2 years ago
Quoted from Kerry_Richard:

I like the idea of Slash and seen many of him on Data East GNR's version. I feel they (Axel figure & toy Slash figure) are so different in style, they contradict each other.
If anyone has the Seller or his/her Pinside name... please let me know.
Thanks
Kerry

I had this one done a while back by a local 3D printing guy, hand painted.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#20112 2 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

It's just double sided tape so can easily remove. Also, 588 plays and counting. And I'm pretty sure I paid for the machine and not anyone else so if I wanted to light it on fire that's my choice. I only posted to help someone who was asking. Luckily you can keep scrolling if you are not interested.

#20113 2 years ago
Quoted from ray-dude:

As an aside, does one get a special achievement first time you see this?[quoted image]

First thing I think of when I see that.... Playfield issues.

Then I think pooling and chipping. Then I think hair dryer, Iron, Mylar rings. Then I think... all you need to do is move the artwork back away from all the pressure points and the issues will go away and yet you still have not done that.

#20114 2 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

I agree with you... however Personally, I wouldn't place Slash to block the lanes

#20115 2 years ago
Quoted from pinballjah:

I had this one done a while back by a local 3D printing guy, hand painted.[quoted image]

Awesome!

#20116 2 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

I’ll get shit on for commenting, but I’m in zaphX corner. I don’t understand blocking the Axl lanes or skill shot area with as much stuff as you can cram in there. It just doesn’t look right. If you show a picture of these mods to some pinball noob and ask them to point out the aftermarket add-ones, they can probably pick out like 99% of them cuz they just seem out of place.

#20117 2 years ago
Quoted from ThePinballFuries:

I’ll get shit on for commenting, but I’m in zaphX corner. I don’t understand blocking the Axl lanes or skill shot area with as much stuff as you can cram in there. It just doesn’t look right. If you show a picture of these mods to some pinball noob and ask them to point out the aftermarket add-ones, they can probably pick out like 99% of them cuz they just seem out of place.

The drums on top of drums get me.

#20118 2 years ago
Quoted from pinballaddicted:

First thing I think of when I see that.... Playfield issues.
Then I think pooling and chipping. Then I think hair dryer, Iron, Mylar rings. Then I think... all you need to do is move the artwork back away from all the pressure points and the issues will go away and yet you still have not done that.

I agree, not the kind of achievement any of us would want or should have to pay for...

After 15-20 hours, all posts removed, all post holes iron'ed out and UV'ed, some combination of mylar/kevlar/PETG/washers on everything now, old style posts replaced with BW posts, and 3 problematic posts replaced with larger t nuts. Cliffy's installed, new rubbers all around, and a complete cleaning/waxing, What a royal PITA.

Most importantly, no extra parts and no missing parts (!!!) and game plays great!

Shouldn't have to do any of this for a modern pin, but very glad that I've done my part to protect this gem of a game. MANY MANY thanks for all those here that blazed the trail on bullet proofing this pin, and so kindly posted all the details. My CE would have slowly destroyed itself without me even knowing if it weren't for you guys.

#20119 2 years ago
Quoted from HornerSyndrome:

I didn’t like the idea of replacing my snubbers routinely so I wrapped a piece of electrical tape around the whole thing to hold it in place and reduce the risk of it breaking. No for everyone but you don’t see it much and the black “hides” better than the bright blue snubber anyways. I think it’s really unlikely to break again with the tape and to be fair if it does the take should hold the snubber in place anyways. Just a thought and if you don’t like it it’s really easy to remove. Just a thought and is working well for me so far.

I like this suggestion, and have bookmarked it for next time. When I looked at the PBL replacement snubbers I had ordered, they were a lot thicker than the originals, and seemed stiffer as well. That gives me hope that the PBL snubbers will last a lot longer that the originals. If that hope gets dashed, next time the snubbers get mummified!

#20120 2 years ago

As they say, everyone has an opinion. Like I pointed out earlier, it's your machine, do as you like. Now, if you truly are interested in someone's thought process, then ask in a non condemning way. However I don't think that's the case here.

#20121 2 years ago
Quoted from ray-dude:

I agree, not the kind of achievement any of us would want or should have to pay for...
After 15-20 hours, all posts removed, all post holes iron'ed out and UV'ed, some combination of mylar/kevlar/PETG/washers on everything now, old style posts replaced with BW posts, and 3 problematic posts replaced with larger t nuts. Cliffy's installed, new rubbers all around, and a complete cleaning/waxing, What a royal PITA.
Most importantly, no extra parts and no missing parts (!!!) and game plays great!
Shouldn't have to do any of this for a modern pin, but very glad that I've done my part to protect this gem of a game. MANY MANY thanks for all those here that blazed the trail on bullet proofing this pin, and so kindly posted all the details. My CE would have slowly destroyed itself without me even knowing if it weren't for you guys.

Great to hear that you are on top of your issues. We are slowly getting there. We purposely waited for a later build LE hoping to avoid the issues.

We have already put in a full set of Cliffys, removed all the posts, put in Silicon washers and PETG, Hair dryed one pooling post, adjusted the orbits so the ball lands on the flippers, We are currently rebuilding the flippers (all the factory flippers had no gap to the flipper bushing and were binding up ), screws fell out of our spotlights and we still have not played 100 games yet. As soon as Pinmonk puts all the fans up, we intend to put all them on too. I am really looking forward to having a good go on our machine soon.

There are some absolute champions that are always on Pinside and always helping others get their games playing right and bulletproofed. I would not enjoy the hobby no where near as much without their help. Good on Pinside for bringing us all together.

#20122 2 years ago

I’ll get shit on for commenting, but I’m in zaphX corner.

You just shat on yourself.

#20123 2 years ago
Quoted from Vespula:

You just shat on yourself.

Now that wasn’t nice.

#20125 2 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

How bout a pic?

I can get another pic if needed but I have the right side with the electrical tape off so you can see the difference. I made a complete loop around the maybe 1” metal guide/bracket so it has some holding power. I think the black blends in better actually.

8030DA0C-A24E-44FF-8D16-F3FBDDC003E6 (resized).jpeg8030DA0C-A24E-44FF-8D16-F3FBDDC003E6 (resized).jpeg
#20126 2 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Now that wasn’t nice.

yw...just doin' what I can to make your stay here more comfortable.

#20127 2 years ago

I'm in this corner as well. I did add a drum kit on the pops and it looks great but very minimally intrusive.

I'm the type that hates to not see my playfield. (Looking at you Ultraman/Halloween. God those suck!). So putting something in the way, or that is intrusive, is not for me.

I'd love to add Slash. Would LOVE IT! BUT NOT SURE WHERE.

And I admire and love the looks of the guys that have done it! Wish I could play those machines.

#20128 2 years ago

Same. Clutter and low quality materials are synonymous with bad taste.

#20129 2 years ago

That corner is turning into a stall.

#20130 2 years ago
Quoted from pinballjah:

I had this one done a while back by a local 3D printing guy, hand painted.[quoted image]

Where's the rest of his guitar? Did it break off?

#20131 2 years ago

Hey folks, can we all agree that different people like to do different things to their machines? You’ve got some owners here sharing tips for a mod they both like.

No one told you that you should add a Slash figurine to your machine, so why come in and tell them you don’t like their taste? Have some manners.

#20132 2 years ago
Quoted from Xelz:

Hey folks, can we all agree that different people like to different things to their machines? You’ve got some owners here sharing tips for a mod they both like.
No one told you that you should add a Slash figurine to your machine, so why come in and tell them you don’t like their taste? Have some manners.

If people post here to brag about it are they not inviting opinions?

To be clear your game is your game, trash it how you like but I don’t have to like it.

#20133 2 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

To be clear your game is your game, trash it how you like but I don’t have to like it.

You don’t have to like it, but you don’t have to take a dump on their parade either. I don’t plan to mod my PF, but I respect other people enough to be happy that they’re enjoying their purchase.

#20134 2 years ago
Quoted from Xelz:

Hey folks, can we all agree that different people like to do different things to their machines? You’ve got some owners here sharing tips for a mod they both like.

Because I want to share my opinion too. And I want to show my support to the original design and art team for what I consider perfect execution and implementation in the random chance they peruse this. My intention is to not hurt feelings and we are all grown ups.

#20135 2 years ago

Ok Gentlemen, finally got my art blades installed. Boy do they look great. It definitely is a two person job even if doing the wet method. Like every thing else on the pin just Amazing.

32ED44E3-1F93-4CBD-8D30-DCA979AF6D52 (resized).jpeg32ED44E3-1F93-4CBD-8D30-DCA979AF6D52 (resized).jpeg
#20136 2 years ago
Quoted from Xelz:

A long time ago (if you read my past posts especially) I would be quite negative over people putting toys on their games (I own a Simpsons Pinball Party and that game invites all sorts of “mods” I guess). I’ve since realized and accepted that some people genuinely enjoy “modding” as much as playing. More power to them as long as when I buy their game they don’t seriously expect to sell it to me for $500 more because they spent $1,000 on “mods”.

That being said - I will comment that sometimes I think mod fans talk themselves into things in a feedback loop. 10 people all go “that looks great” when 100 others are just politely silent. Next thing you know a “must have mod” is more of an Emperor Has No Clothes thing. I think if you post on a forum you should expect feedback and accept or ignore it.

Of course we need to be civil to one another too. It seems some are being slightly overly critical and others very defensive. I’m sure there is a history in this thread I’m never going to have time to read but let’s all just enjoy some pinball whether you like mods or not.

My game will only have cliffys and that’s fine with me. You can have whatever you like as long as my high score stays bigger than your high score.

#20137 2 years ago
Quoted from holminone:

Because I want to share my opinion too. And I want to show my support to the original design and art team for what I consider perfect execution and implementation in the random chance they peruse this. My intention is to not hurt feelings and we are all grown ups.

Not all. Saying it doesn't make it true. You just articulated support of this perfectly.

Quoted from zaphX:

A few veterans on here called you a shill once. I defended you. I acknowledge my mistake.
Since we've gone to a place where sharing hurtful opinions is top priority and the metric for being a grown up, it's my opinion that the world would simply be a better place without certain people in it.

#20138 2 years ago
Quoted from brainmegaphone:

A long time ago (if you read my past posts especially) I would be quite negative over people putting toys on their games (I own a Simpsons Pinball Party and that game invites all sorts of “mods” I guess). I’ve since realized and accepted that some people genuinely enjoy “modding” as much as playing. More power to them as long as when I buy their game they don’t seriously expect to sell it to me for $500 more because they spent $1,000 on “mods”.
That being said - I will comment that sometimes I think mod fans talk themselves into things in a feedback loop. 10 people all go “that looks great” when 100 others are just politely silent. Next thing you know a “must have mod” is more of an Emperor Has No Clothes thing. I think if you post on a forum you should expect feedback and accept or ignore it.
Of course we need to be civil to one another too. It seems some are being slightly overly critical and others very defensive. I’m sure there is a history in this thread I’m never going to have time to read but let’s all just enjoy some pinball whether you like mods or not.
My game will only have cliffys and that’s fine with me. You can have whatever you like as long as my high score stays bigger than your high score.

Fine example of posting like a grown up for those that care or have goals to be a better human.

And you are right, there is history and it's repeating itself over and over. Hopefully we get to the part where a certain someone deactivates their account again, but this time for good.

#20139 2 years ago
Quoted from shovelhed:

Ok Gentlemen, finally got my art blades installed. Boy do they look great. It definitely is a two person job even if doing the wet method. Like every thing else on the pin just Amazing.
[quoted image]

Gentlemen?
Can't you see we're bickering here??

You sure took a risk posting your mod up here for discussion... You should have at least waited until daylight when it was safer to wander around.

Anyway, maybe we use your excitement to get this place back in order....

I felt the same way after putting those blades on the empty black side wall ... Just finishes the interior decor so nicely coordinating the inside with outside...really well done.
I see you also met Sven. That backstage mod kit is another tight integration mod that looks factory. All you need now is a slash figurine.

Just kidding. Couldn't resist.
Thx for sharing.

#20140 2 years ago
Quoted from allsportdvd:

Where's the rest of his guitar? Did it break off?

It's there, just hidden by the jacket.

#20141 2 years ago
Quoted from shovelhed:

[quoted image]

Looks like you nailed it, nice job! I whiffed my first art blade install pretty badly (I tried doing it dry) and had to start over with a second set.

#20142 2 years ago
Quoted from Vespula:

it's my opinion that the world would simply be a better place without certain people in it.

Wow. I don’t think you meant that to sound as hostile as it did. Let’s take things down a notch, yeah?

#20143 2 years ago
Quoted from holminone:

Not a post pass. Check out this at 44 minutes 30 seconds. It’s an example of the touchy thing he does. In this case he’s going backwards with the ball but I’ve seen him flip it to the other flipper doing this, and of course this is his go to on the right flipper to make some noise!
https://m.twitch.tv/videos/1280683473

I think you’re referring to a flick pass - it’s just a super fast release/tap when the flipper is raised, just enough to get it over to the other flipper.

Karl is an incredible player, he makes that stuff look easy!

#20144 2 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

I think you’re referring to a flick pass - it’s just a super fast release/tap when the flipper is raised, just enough to get it over to the other flipper.
Karl is an incredible player, he makes that stuff look easy!

We would call it a tap pass. Such a difficult skill because it's different from pin to pin. You are so right about Karl, he is just incredible.

#20145 2 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Wow. I don’t think you meant that to sound as hostile as it did. Let’s take things down a notch, yeah?

Hypocrite much?

#20146 2 years ago
Quoted from Vespula:

Hypocrite much?

Calling out tacky mods is not the same as calling for someone’s death, don’t you think?

#20147 2 years ago

I’ve really enjoyed this thread…unfortunately, not so much lately. I would like to start enjoying it again and would just kindly ask all to be respectful. Opinions of all are welcome but my preference is it’s just done in a cordial way. I have benefitted from the help / instruction / videos from zaphX both in this and other forums (especially with LTG not with JJP anymore ) and the help / thoughts / energy of vespula. So I thank you both. I also understand it’s an open forum and this is just my opinion- I’d personally just rather read about pinball. We all agree this is an awesome game - let’s keep it an awesome forum for all to enjoy.

#20148 2 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Calling out tacky mods is not the same as calling for someone’s death, don’t you think?

You clearly feel your opinions are better or more valid than others. Everyone has the right to theirs and the same right to express them. You can't have it one way. Your response is as expected.

#20149 2 years ago

To help others in the future, easiest way to install the art blades is
1. Get a second pair of hands (Partner)
2. Have Partner slide playfield almost completely out, holding the playfield straight.
3. Starting from the back to the front attach 4 to 5 clamps to the side rails along with the art. From the back carefully remove a clamp and backing of art. Line up with hinge bolt and smooth out any bubbles. Rinse and repeat until its installed, then do the opposite side in the same manner. Here’s a reference pic of the clamps. Hope this helps
Harley D.

7534A97A-ECBA-486D-8706-ED39591B4383 (resized).jpeg7534A97A-ECBA-486D-8706-ED39591B4383 (resized).jpeg
#20150 2 years ago

Subject change. Zaphx doesn’t deserve to die because he gets a visceral reaction to what he sees as vandalizing art and sharing that the emperor might be naked. Could he be more careful and considerate? Yes. Would it be more entertaining or interesting? Probably not. If I want to be lulled to boredom I can get all the loving written compassion from my San Francisco Bay Area Next Door threads. It’s Disney moderated and opinion homogenized for my reading pleasure.

Been cashing out of songs more and finding value in the extra balls. Karl’s “never cash out” strategy was limiting for my level of play.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Machine - For Sale
Milford, CT
$ 24.75
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer
Sound/Speakers
Machine - For Sale
St. Clair Shores, MI
$ 649.95
Lighting - Interactive
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Interactive
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
$ 210.00
Flipper Parts
Pin Monk
Flipper parts
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
$ 11,000.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro
Pinball Machine
8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Ardmore, PA
$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
Hardware
Pinball Haven
Hardware
$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
$ 100.00
Boards
Led Pinball
Boards
€ 42.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints
Tools
Machine - For Sale
Purcellville, VA
$ 19.95
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 100.00
Electronics
Led Pinball
Electronics
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
Shooter rods
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 28,103 posts in this topic. You are on page 403 of 563.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-jjp-gnr-thread/page/403?hl=ecw0930 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.