IMG_20240413_155854 (resized).jpg
IMG_20240413_155858 (resized).jpg
IMG_20240413_155856 (resized).jpg
IMG_1426 (resized).jpeg (© Nutty 5.0)
IMG_2636.gif
IMG_2002 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2003 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

78 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 28,351 posts in this topic. You are on page 402 of 568.
#20051 2 years ago
Quoted from SuperMas77:

Curious if anyone else is having this issue with the ball getting stuck on top of the AFD target? It's happened 3 times this week.
[quoted image]

That sucks if it's a good game.... I've seen only 2 posts on this happening before but you've definitely perfected the unicorn shot!

#20052 2 years ago

Where in the menu can i connect to bluetooth headphones?

#20053 2 years ago
Quoted from SuperMas77:

Curious if anyone else is having this issue with the ball getting stuck on top of the AFD target? It's happened 3 times this week.
[quoted image]

Welcome to the club!

#20054 2 years ago
Quoted from Vespula:

That sucks if it's a good game.... I've seen only 2 posts on this happening before but you've definitely perfected the unicorn shot!

Mine does this occasionally but it can be freed with a good forward nudge. If that doesn't work maybe you could try adding a washer or two to thr habitual to raise it up a bit.

#20055 2 years ago

It's not too bad in multiball because you can just blast the target again and it pops free. In single ball I can't nudge it free without tilting, but ball search and motor shake eventually pop it loose.

#20056 2 years ago
Quoted from Dantesmark:

Where in the menu can i connect to bluetooth headphones?

I think you hold right flipper in attract..

#20057 2 years ago
Quoted from KingBW:

How did you attach them?

I include double sided tape on them. This way they are adjustable and removable.

Quoted from usafstars:

Ecw0930 made these "Marshall" emblems for the upper speaker grills. How great do these look, it's a simple mod that to me really shines. He does these super cheap and got them to me in just a few days. Thanks ecw0930 for helping this awesome pin look even cooler.[quoted image][quoted image]

They look great man! Glad you like them and that they arrived unscathed.

If anyone would like some please shoot me a msg.

The ones pictured are white. I just got done silver metallic filament that looks good as well.

#20058 2 years ago

Okay, I just got my Tibetan Breeze cooling kit installed and I have a couple of gripes.

1. They shipped really fast. Completely across the country and they were here in four days (over a weekend too). I was busy all week and so the box just mocked me until I finally got some free time
2. I have now played more than an hour on them, and while yes, I noticed that my flippers stayed crisp the entire time, I did not score appreciably higher than usual. I checked PinMonk ‘s site wording carefully, and he never explicitly states that they would make me a better player, so I probably don’t have a civil case against him, but I am disappointed. Does anyone make an implant or sell a pill that increases coordination and situational awareness at all?

In seriousness, easy flippin’ installation, great instructions, and I actually notice the difference—I honestly wasn’t sure I would. Placements are precise and integration into the power is really well designed. You can appreciate the work that went into this kit. How cool is it that someone focuses on making products to augment game performance rather than just look nifty?

I also got some nylon washers to protect the leg finishes, but one cannot put those on right away when a smooth flipping game is ready to go and promises not to fade… thanks Mr. Monk!

#20059 2 years ago

If my flippers are starting to pulse every now and then, quick double flips and the likes, would that be the leaf adjustments or is it time to replace the coil tubes and/or rebuild the flippers?

#20060 2 years ago
Quoted from usafstars:

Ecw0930 made these "Marshall" emblems for the upper speaker grills. How great do these look, it's a simple mod that to me really shines. He does these super cheap and got them to me in just a few days. Thanks ecw0930 for helping this awesome pin look even cooler.[quoted image][quoted image]

Hahaha just noticed we’re not far off with bling ideas

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
#20061 2 years ago
Quoted from PinballGalore:

If my flippers are starting to pulse every now and then, quick double flips and the likes, would that be the leaf adjustments or is it time to replace the coil tubes and/or rebuild the flippers?

Sounds like flipper BUTTON blade adjustments or maybe a loose wire on the coil lug.

#20062 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Sounds like flipper blade adjustments or maybe a loose wire on the coil lug.

Now I know where to look thanks

#20063 2 years ago

Thanks all for the coin door volume adjustments. For the record i play the game so often I try to keep the volume down (think early morning) but then a song comes on and I’m like ROCK!

Another question. Been watching Karl. Aside from him being good… HOW does he gently “flip” a ball so when he’s cradling two, he can just “pop” a ball a couple of inches off a flipper? It’s like his flipper doesn’t move. My flippers by contrast operate more binary unless maybe I’m super fast with the button. I can get it sometimes but wondering what his button technique is and or does he tune his leaf switches to his preferred spec?

#20064 2 years ago
Quoted from PinballGalore:

Hahaha just noticed we’re not far off with bling ideas[quoted image]

Loving it.

#20065 2 years ago
Quoted from holminone:

Another question. Been watching Karl. Aside from him being good… HOW does he gently “flip” a ball so when he’s cradling two, he can just “pop” a ball a couple of inches off a flipper? It’s like his flipper doesn’t move. My flippers by contrast operate more binary unless maybe I’m super fast with the button. I can get it sometimes but wondering what his button technique is and or does he tune his leaf switches to his preferred spec?

I know that's called a post pass. I've done it a couple times by accident. Lol.

#20066 2 years ago

I ordered Liors speaker upgrade kit from little shop of games and it came like this saying there is some gift but the slot is empty. I've emailed little shop of games twice and have gotten no response. Hoping someone that ordered the same might be able to tell me what I'm missing here. Thanks.

PXL_20220120_215407837 (resized).jpgPXL_20220120_215407837 (resized).jpg
#20067 2 years ago

SuperMas77 mine arrived like that too. It’s a bottle opener magnet. I think if you take out the speakers it’s there in the box.

#20068 2 years ago

Thanks for the reply. I must be missing it, can't find a bottle opener anywhere in the box.

#20069 2 years ago
Quoted from SuperMas77:

Thanks for the reply. I must be missing it, can't find a bottle opener anywhere in the box.

You can post on his thread here if you like. I'm guessing with all the backlog of 1500 orders to ship they ran out and didn't want to hold up your order... A note would have been nice if this was the case.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjp-guns-n-roses-sculpted-mods-by-the-art-of-pinball/page/13#post-6757998

#20070 2 years ago

Thank you Vespula -- sounds like Little Shop of Games customer service does suck and it's not just me. Very disappointing.

#20071 2 years ago
Quoted from SuperMas77:

Thank you Vespula -- sounds like Little Shop of Games customer service does suck and it's not just me. Very disappointing.

This is what I bet you're missing. It is humans at work here so consider it could be an honest mistake, especially with the absence of a note.
1cf5345da094bf217ab781a451d56ffbd28cda95 (resized).jpg1cf5345da094bf217ab781a451d56ffbd28cda95 (resized).jpg

#20072 2 years ago
Quoted from Vespula:

I know that's called a post pass. I've done it a couple times by accident. Lol.

Not a post pass. Check out this at 44 minutes 30 seconds. It’s an example of the touchy thing he does. In this case he’s going backwards with the ball but I’ve seen him flip it to the other flipper doing this, and of course this is his go to on the right flipper to make some noise!

https://m.twitch.tv/videos/1280683473

#20073 2 years ago
Quoted from Vespula:

This is what I bet you're missing. It is humans at work here so consider it could be an honest mistake, especially with the absence of a note.
[quoted image]

I agree with @Vespula. Could have been an oversight if they’re so busy. Same thing happened to me when I ordered Lior’s T-Rex for JP. I was missing a gift too so I called LSOG and talked to Marshall and he was fantastic, sent it to me right away and even added an extra gift. So my experience with them was great. Hopefully they sort it out for you too.

#20074 2 years ago
Quoted from holminone:

Not a post pass. Check out this at 44 minutes 30 seconds. It’s an example of the touchy thing he does. In this case he’s going backwards with the ball but I’ve seen him flip it to the other flipper doing this, and of course this is his go to on the right flipper to make some noise!

I can replicate that by light tap on outer edge of the flipper button, but not as often as him obviously. Dude has some fast twitch muscle and coordination goin on. Very fun to watch, not goofy or obnoxious like some other streamers are.

#20075 2 years ago
Quoted from Vespula:

[quoted image]

That's pretty cool looking. Maybe the 'humans at work' could return emails??? Or perhaps they should hire robots to communicate with their customers. Honest mistake is fine, but not responding to emails is just stupid considering the amount of money being spent on luxury items. It's just bad business and really no excuse unless Dave is dead or in jail.

#20076 2 years ago

They said they were busy filling orders in The Hobbit forum. Several new shipments came in. I'm sure email is not a high priority.

#20077 2 years ago
Quoted from SuperMas77:

That's pretty cool looking. Maybe the 'humans at work' could return emails??? Or perhaps they should hire robots to communicate with their customers. Honest mistake is fine, but not responding to emails is just stupid considering the amount of money being spent on luxury items. It's just bad business and really no excuse unless Dave is dead or in jail.

LOSG is the distributor I've gotten all my games from, got the shooter rod and art blades from them when I purchased the g&r machine, they forgot to include the shooter rod quick phone call it was here a few days later. I suggest calling or texting Dave he's pretty responsive if you don't have his number PM me and I'll give it to you

#20078 2 years ago

I have Lior’s sculpted speaker set for sale for $225 shipped in CONTUS. PM if interested.

6D3044B6-15D1-4703-A608-C46AAB5CB5B1 (resized).jpeg6D3044B6-15D1-4703-A608-C46AAB5CB5B1 (resized).jpegC8CC5B76-10CC-4720-8366-09D10E6A7575 (resized).jpegC8CC5B76-10CC-4720-8366-09D10E6A7575 (resized).jpegE6BE55E5-B200-42D2-8DB5-85FD9B1B0B79 (resized).jpegE6BE55E5-B200-42D2-8DB5-85FD9B1B0B79 (resized).jpeg Added over 2 years ago:

SOLD!

#20079 2 years ago
Quoted from holminone:

You want to adjust your flipper button blades so you can have momentary gaps with very small button movement to do that, but even with the blades adjusted optimally it still takes lots of practice.

#20080 2 years ago
Quoted from SuperMas77:

Maybe the 'humans at work' could return emails??? Or perhaps they should hire robots to communicate with their customers. Honest mistake is fine, but not responding to emails is just stupid considering the amount of money being spent on luxury items. It's just bad business and really no excuse unless Dave is dead or in jail.

I have been in your shoes many time with many companies, and felt the exact same way. I completely agree with you. Sometimes the end of the story is good, and other times I never do business with them again. I always leave the choice up to the company.

#20081 2 years ago
Quoted from Vespula:

I have been in your shoes many time with many companies, and felt the exact same way. I completely agree with you. Sometimes the end of the story is good, and other times I never do business with them again. I always leave the choice up to the company.

You and me Vesp are on the same page. I will buy many more NIB games in the future and unfortunately for some companies it won't be from them when they demonstrate poor service over a $250 item why in the world would I trust them with an 11K item.

#20082 2 years ago

Slash is planted and ready to jam! This figurine is the absolute perfect detail and scale for this game.

0CA5AC06-305F-4BA1-B458-729F14698358 (resized).jpeg0CA5AC06-305F-4BA1-B458-729F14698358 (resized).jpeg11506976-43D2-4799-98DC-9F272D8211C2 (resized).jpeg11506976-43D2-4799-98DC-9F272D8211C2 (resized).jpeg17CC8DC4-B6FF-4F4C-9229-0A3D64D95125 (resized).jpeg17CC8DC4-B6FF-4F4C-9229-0A3D64D95125 (resized).jpeg77AAEC5D-BA0B-45C0-AB73-30BE4D8FE72A (resized).jpeg77AAEC5D-BA0B-45C0-AB73-30BE4D8FE72A (resized).jpegAFAEFBB3-60F8-4D8A-BD64-0A21305296E5 (resized).jpegAFAEFBB3-60F8-4D8A-BD64-0A21305296E5 (resized).jpegC7CB2DB5-C00B-4986-9271-00F30E4C75C6 (resized).jpegC7CB2DB5-C00B-4986-9271-00F30E4C75C6 (resized).jpeg
#20083 2 years ago
Quoted from darkryder:

Slash is planted and ready to jam! This figurine is the absolute perfect detail and scale for this game.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

The face is so approximate it looks like one of the Ramones dressed up like Slash.

#20084 2 years ago
Quoted from darkryder:

Slash is planted and ready to jam! This figurine is the absolute perfect detail and scale for this game.

That looks sweet! Does it hinder your view of the stage screen while playing?

#20085 2 years ago
Quoted from darkryder:

looks great! It is perfect scale

Quoted from SuperMas77:

That was my initial concern too so I placed him off to the side on the same Backstage platform but on the flared out edge on the right. I really like his look and posture there and didn't affect the screen at all.
Screenshot_20220205-165433_Gallery (resized).jpgScreenshot_20220205-165433_Gallery (resized).jpg

#20086 2 years ago
Quoted from SuperMas77:

I won’t know until I play, but I’m not normally watching that screen much anyway. I think I’ll be able to see around Slash when needed

#20087 2 years ago
Quoted from darkryder:

I won’t know until I play, but I’m not normally watching that screen much anyway. I think I’ll be able to see around Slash when needed

I love pics, so here's another view with the screen and playfield on.. another cool thing I didn't realize until playing is that at the edge, the right spot light is closer to him and will shine on slash's back sometimes which is a cool effect.
Screenshot_20220205-184926_Gallery (resized).jpgScreenshot_20220205-184926_Gallery (resized).jpg

#20088 2 years ago

I heard from my distro that my GNRLE is shipping soon. So pumped! Seems like I’ve been waiting forever, but I know a lot of you all waited a lot longer. I think it’s been somewhere around 7 months. I thought my Rush Pro might actually arrive first even though I just put my name down on one last month when it was announced. I guess theoretically it still could. Would be crazy if they came in at the same time, but honestly I’m just happy to be getting my GnR, so it doesn’t even matter.

#20089 2 years ago

Hey good people. I’ve noticed a few times recently my ball gets stuck and hangs at the lip where the record meets the playfield.

I searched Pinside and the tech tips, but I only found one reference where LTG says the fix looks simple and all you do is loosen a nut, raise the record, and tighten the nut back up.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/guns-n-roses-troubleshooting-/page/5#post-6560240

Has anyone made this adjustment? I took a look at how it’s assembled in the manual and there seems to be a lot of parts. I just don’t want to make it worse.

Thanks all

55876849-2974-43A3-A6A9-D3DBB4DCD1BB (resized).jpeg55876849-2974-43A3-A6A9-D3DBB4DCD1BB (resized).jpeg
#20090 2 years ago
Quoted from PinsNJeeps:

Has anyone made this adjustment? I took a look at how it’s assembled in the manual and there seems to be a lot of parts. I just don’t want to make it worse.

You just loosen the larger 1” or so plastic nut that’s underneath on the metal shaft running up the center of the record mech and then turn the shaft to raise or lower as needed, then tighten the plastic nut.

#20091 2 years ago
Quoted from sevenrites:

You just loosen the larger 1” or so plastic nut that’s underneath on the metal shaft running up the center of the record mech and then turn the shaft to raise or lower as needed, then tighten the plastic nut.

Awesome! Thank you for confirming.

#20092 2 years ago

Folks, I'm ripping apart my CE this weekend to smooth down any pooling, install PETGs and larger t nuts, and install Cliffys. While I have the beast torn apart, I planning on swapping out the blue snubbers on the scoop as well

A question for folks. The blue snubbers I have are pretty beat up and I don't have many games on this bad boy. Has anyone tried carving up a flipper rubber as a sub to see if it is more durable? It is a bit thicker, and the rubber feels more resilient.

If you've tried this, would love to hear about your experiences for good or ill (I'm hoping to not have to pop off the upper level again any time soon)

Thanks!

#20093 2 years ago

As an aside, does one get a special achievement first time you see this?

pasted_image (resized).jpegpasted_image (resized).jpeg
#20094 2 years ago

Slash vs. Axel figures... I'd be all over a Slash figure that mimicked the skeleton figure of Axel.
Modders, take my $$$ please!

#20095 2 years ago
Quoted from sevenrites:

You will most likely have to poke a hole in the decal and tighten the screw in the record also. That fixes the wobble if I remember correctly. That's what the real issue was on mine. The wobble caused it to always be lower/higher on one side.

The fix for that is tightening the screw under the decal on the record.

#20096 2 years ago
Quoted from ray-dude:

Folks, I'm ripping apart my CE this weekend to smooth down any pooling, install PETGs and larger t nuts, and install Cliffys. While I have the beast torn apart, I planning on swapping out the blue snubbers on the scoop as well
A question for folks. The blue snubbers I have are pretty beat up and I don't have many games on this bad boy. Has anyone tried carving up a flipper rubber as a sub to see if it is more durable? It is a bit thicker, and the rubber feels more resilient.
If you've tried this, would love to hear about your experiences for good or ill (I'm hoping to not have to pop off the upper level again any time soon)
Thanks!

I didn’t like the idea of replacing my snubbers routinely so I wrapped a piece of electrical tape around the whole thing to hold it in place and reduce the risk of it breaking. No for everyone but you don’t see it much and the black “hides” better than the bright blue snubber anyways. I think it’s really unlikely to break again with the tape and to be fair if it does the take should hold the snubber in place anyways. Just a thought and if you don’t like it it’s really easy to remove. Just a thought and is working well for me so far.

#20097 2 years ago
Quoted from HornerSyndrome:

I didn’t like the idea of replacing my snubbers routinely so I wrapped a piece of electrical tape around the whole thing to hold it in place and reduce the risk of it breaking. No for everyone but you don’t see it much and the black “hides” better than the bright blue snubber anyways. I think it’s really unlikely to break again with the tape and to be fair if it does the take should hold the snubber in place anyways. Just a thought and if you don’t like it it’s really easy to remove. Just a thought and is working well for me so far.

How bout a pic?

#20098 2 years ago
Quoted from Kerry_Richard:

Slash vs. Axel figures... I'd be all over a Slash figure that mimicked the skeleton figure of Axel.
Modders, take my $$$ please!

Someone was selling that exact thing in the marketplace.

Don’t see it there now .

#20100 2 years ago
Quoted from MJW:

Someone was selling that exact thing in the marketplace.

Don’t see it there now .

I like the idea of Slash and seen many of him on Data East GNR's version. I feel they (Axel figure & toy Slash figure) are so different in style, they contradict each other.

If anyone has the Seller or his/her Pinside name... please let me know.

Thanks
Kerry

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 60.00
Hardware
Pin Parts

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Appleton, WI
$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 210.00
€ 42.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 10,200.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

Machine - For Sale
Milford, CT
7,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Silverthorne, CO
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 130.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Machine - For Sale
St. Clair Shores, MI
$ 40.00
Playfield - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 11,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 109.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pin Monk

Hardware
Pinball Haven

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 28,351 posts in this topic. You are on page 402 of 568.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-jjp-gnr-thread/page/402?hl=ecw0930 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.