pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_5643 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5642 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2460.gif
IMG_0503 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2451 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot 2024-03-22 at 1.26.23 PM (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

78 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 28,103 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 563.
#101 3 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

you mean like POTC and Wonka?

a great game is about the ball and the flippers. I agree it looks good let's hope it plays good.

A great game that sells 5000 copies for 9500 has to be about a lot more than balls and flippers. Pinball tournament players yes maybe balls and flippers but sorry to inform you but there isn't 5000 buyers for 9500 into just balls and flippers. it takes fans of movies, bands, or themes who buy these for their game rooms. The games needs to speak to the buyer and I can tell you the most important thing that sells is THEME and THEME integration.

Which is why WOZ is their top seller, but I'd say move over WOZ there is going to be a new all-time best seller for JJP!

#102 3 years ago

I do not like music pins in general and am not a buyer because I’m just not a GNR fan, but the game looks terrific.

The ‘live concert under glass’ is brilliant. It’s not really clear to me what the main playfield shots and don’t see any impressive toys (except maybe upper playfield which looks cool), but it’s going to give Batman a run for best theme integration in the LCD era and give JJP a challenge to replicate with Toy Story. The new led sensor switches seem to be a great innovation and I look forward to playing the game at some point, though don’t think there’s enough shots to keep a non-GNR player coming back.

Really happy to see JJP with a lower price point SE though I can’t imagine anyone for whom this is a dream theme not going LE or CE. If I were a GNR fan, I’d absolutely find a way for the $3k premium on the CE despite lack of toys if not for the speaker topper band art package alone.

Congrats to those that have been waiting for GNR. Looks like JJP has put all other music themed pins to shame.

#103 3 years ago

I told my wife that they announced the new Jersey Jacks Guns N' Roses pin today.
Her only comment was "which version did you order".

#104 3 years ago
Quoted from Coindork:

I told my wife that they announced the new Jersey Jacks Guns N' Roses pin today.
Her only comment was "which version did you order".

And your answer was ... ?

#105 3 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

Told we "we put a deposit down on an LE", with an emphasis on "we".

#106 3 years ago

I'm in for a CE. Looks like many differences well worth the jump in price IMO.

#107 3 years ago
Quoted from drfrightner:

A great game that sells 5000 copies for 9500 has to be about a lot more than balls and flippers. Pinball tournament players yes maybe balls and flippers but sorry to inform you but there isn't 5000 buyers for 9500 into just balls and flippers. it takes fans of movies, bands, or themes who buy these for their game rooms. The games needs to speak to the buyer and I can tell you the most important thing that sells is THEME and THEME integration.
Which is why WOZ is their top seller, but I'd say move over WOZ there is going to be a new all-time best seller for JJP!

I agree with you ProfessorEff - You are right there isn’t 5000 copies of this game and I doubt there will be!

#108 3 years ago
Quoted from mechslave:

First reaction to video: the scoop and the spinning record. That's going to the 80% of the shot interaction by your average player. And both are kinda ehhhhh. A scoop dead center, and the spinning record toy we've seen a million times. The middle area is really where you want the big interactive toy or money shot. And it's a scoop?
So what is the big interactive mech in the game? The balls lock on the Gibson head. There's a little upper playfield. A spinner and 3 ramps. Feels like something is missing...
I mean, it looks ok. But certainly nothing that blew me away at first glance. I'm sure the audio and light shows will be out of this world.

Fully agree. This game looks awesome, will sound awesome, and will probably play awesome. Just missing that one toy. It would be as easy as adding A marshall amp to bash, making a big thump sound when hitting it. You take away the amazing lighting, and it's a pretty basic game, the most basic on JJP's line up. I will still buy it, but slightly let down, especially after Eric's Pirates was amazing, I was expecting the same form.

#109 3 years ago

I ordered an LE - I wasn’t going to because I had a shocker of an experience with DI but the wife likes the music and she liked the video of the game so risked it. If the gameplay is a turd - she’s getting full blame!

I’m hoping for no lame stop and start flow, Metallica level of deepness, a playfield that doesn’t chip and delivery before Xmas!

#110 3 years ago

I just read through the entire TWIP breakdown of the game...MAN there is a lot to do, tons of modes and rules. Looks like it will be a blast. In for a CE!

#111 3 years ago

For the most part I've been impressed by the games Stern has produced lately sans Stranger things but credit where credit is due visually this game shits on anything Stern has produced. How it plays is another question.

#112 3 years ago
Quoted from Vino:

Love skull concert poster art and classic rose red.
Seems like a potential fit for my ratty old ticket too.
[quoted image]

Wow. I am trying to remember if this was the Locomotive show or not? I used to trade GnR bootlegs in the 90's (have literally hundreds of cassettes) and the Shoreline shows were coveted and nobody could get a great version of them, mainly because it's the first (and only?) time Locomotive was played live. Also one of the Shoreline shows was the longest GnR show ever at 3.5 hrs. It's been so long since I was into it, but if I recall there were 3 or 4 Shoreline 91 shows and Locomotive was played in maybe two of them (?).

Anyway, those were historic shows so congrats on being able to attend!!

#113 3 years ago

LE ordered.

Hopefully JJP standard body rails/hinges/lockdown bar/legs are readily available. Going to have to get a set powder coated black - that red's going to have to go.

#114 3 years ago
Quoted from mechslave:

Wow. I am trying to remember if this was the Locomotive show or not?

LTG : )

#115 3 years ago

Deposit on LE. Hopefully modders can recreate the skull face plate on plunger. Sweet looking game and worth the wait.

#116 3 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

Similar conversation....my response was "did you seriously have to ask? Of course it was the CE". her response was "eye roll"

#117 3 years ago

Yep, that was only rehearsals, and they blew out Jeff's ear there, so he pulled out of the show and they never actually played the full song w Axl.

Love those rehearsals though!

#118 3 years ago

Told my wife "we're confirmed for a CE" with emphasis on the "we." Nothing like a pinball partner in crime to offer support.

Now we are out of room and will need to sell a HUO RFM, HEP TAF or Tapper before the GNR CE arrives.

#119 3 years ago

Was Axl involved in this game at all? Did they get his voice in there? I know the story goes that he was not a big fan of doing the DE model.

#120 3 years ago

i'm not in the market for one of these...

but...

that looks absolutely amazing.

#121 3 years ago
Quoted from zr11990:

$22. Now you would pay $250 for cheap seats at a somewhat regular show. Ill bet GnR would start at $1000.

My wife is crazy about GnR. We flew from the east coast to see them in Hawaii at Aloha Stadium a few years ago and had front row tickets (purchased the second they went on sale) that were only $450 each plus fees - about $1,200 total for the pair. Not as expensive as most would think. We also found out the Eagles were playing the night before when we flew in and were able to get front row for them through TicketCenter resale the night of the show for $1,000 total for the pair.

That all being said, I do laugh when I look through my ticket stubs from the 80's and see how dirt cheap the shows were then compared to today.

#122 3 years ago

a shame you can not request an Album cover art Package over the C.E art package for cab but keep the rest as is for CE . Wish the Appetite For Destruction art looked a little better .

#123 3 years ago

Showed my wife the trailer tonight and she said "I'm onboard". I replied surprisingly "No sh*t?". Lol guess I can't argue with that.

#124 3 years ago

Looks like topper is interactive with certain modes. That's cool

#126 3 years ago

Hey all,

I'm brand new, I've been a lurker here since I finally brought home my first pinball machine last year (High Speed - a game that I loved playing at the hotel up on Lake Superior that we used to stay at when I was a kid).

A buddy of mine (and fellow pinsider) sent me the link to this new GNR machine, so it's DBLM 's fault that I just bought by second pinball machine, a CE.

Figured this was the proper occasion to finally join the fray! GNFNR!

#127 3 years ago

In on an LE in MN. Anyone need a IMDN?

#128 3 years ago

The game looks amazing!!! Groundbreaking!!! Wow!!!Not what I expected!!!

#129 3 years ago
Quoted from AxleRose:

Hey all,
I'm brand new, I've been a lurker here since I finally brought home my first pinball machine last year (High Speed - a game that I loved playing at the hotel up on Lake Superior that we used to stay at when I was a kid).
A buddy of mine (and fellow pinsider) sent me the link to this new GNR machine, so it's dblm 's fault that I just bought by second pinball machine, a CE.
Figured this was the proper occasion to finally join the fray! GNFNR!

My main man AxleRose is a great guy! He saw the CE today and had to have it, and created a Pinside account all at the same time. Helluva way to make an entrance!

#130 3 years ago

The real question we should be asking is “when does LTG get one?”.
Can’t have enough tech support.

#131 3 years ago
Quoted from DBLM:

My main man axlerose is a great guy! He saw the CE today and had to have it

Grats! My wife has been waiting for years for this one and our CE order is in as well!

#132 3 years ago
Quoted from DBLM:

My main man axlerose is a great guy! He saw the CE today and had to have it, and created a Pinside account all at the same time. Helluva way to make an entrance!

Thanks DBLM ! Reading your post made me realize (at the risk of violating the rule that "any joke that needs to be explained"....) at first glance my username might give one the impression that I am in fact a GNR idiot, seeing as there is no "e" in Axl. As an incurable car nut, I use "Axlerose" as my tongue-in-cheek username on car forums and etc. Seemed appropriate here given the occassion!

#133 3 years ago

Any idea if you can buy the topper separately? Has this happened with other JJP titles?

#134 3 years ago

Had a CE... But, switched to the LE. I just loved the LE art. I thought it fit the game better and I liked how both sides were different. It was a damn difficult decision. Both trims are bad ass. Actually, couldn't go wrong with any of the three.

A good day for pinball!! Cheers everyone!!

Brian

#135 3 years ago
Quoted from pinghetto:

Had a CE... But, switched to the LE. I just loved the LE art. I thought it fit the game better and I liked how both sides were different. It was a damn difficult decision. Both trims are bad ass. Actually, couldn't go wrong with any of the three.
A good day for pinball!! Cheers everyone!!
Brian

Does someone know what is the "COMA Outlane ball save, physical...", it's listed on the CE only.

#136 3 years ago
Quoted from adol75:

Does someone know what is the "COMA Outlane ball save, physical...", it's listed on the CE only.

A ball lock/kickback in the left outlane.

#137 3 years ago
Quoted from Bmanpin:In on an LE in MN. Anyone need a IMDN?

Pro or LE?

#138 3 years ago
Quoted from Coindork:

The real question we should be asking is “when does ltg get one?”.
Can’t have enough tech support.

Why thank you.

No idea. Very soon would be nice. So I can get my nose under the hood before any calls on it.

Shouldn't be anything major. Where's the leg bolts ? Back box key ? Loose connector ? It would still be nice to go look and be sure.

#139 3 years ago

LE buyers..... Any timeline given on getting your game?

#140 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinball-NJA:

Any idea if you can buy the topper separately? Has this happened with other JJP titles?

For the CE ? No.

#141 3 years ago

Thanks LTG you helped me big time with my MMR RE, so the sooner you can get under the hood of GnR, the sooner you’ll be able to answer my GnR questions....
Where are my leg bolts!!!!
Seriously though, no topper that can be purchased? Sad
Do you have any info on the Coma lock?

Quoted from LTG:

For the CE ? No.

#142 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinball-NJA:

Do you have any info on the Coma lock?

Sorry, no. First I heard of it was today.

#143 3 years ago

Where’s Izzy?
14D6F23E-C6F4-40F3-AA0F-B2B57B707CE6 (resized).jpeg14D6F23E-C6F4-40F3-AA0F-B2B57B707CE6 (resized).jpeg

#144 3 years ago
Quoted from Dallas_Pin:

A distro will be able to help with any issues; not sure if you have the same 'pull' if you buy direct? I've never purchased direct.

Not asking specifics, but is there a price difference by going through a distributor for JJP? Or are you looking at the price shown on JJP’s website?

#145 3 years ago
Quoted from AstonEnthusiast:

Told my wife "we're confirmed for a CE" with emphasis on the "we." Nothing like a pinball partner in crime to offer support.
Now we are out of room and will need to sell a HUO RFM, HEP TAF or Tapper before the GNR CE arrives.

How much you looking for your RFM and TAF?

#146 3 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

For the CE ? No.

What about for the LE?

#147 3 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

I’m pretty sure my guy told me November //December For LEs if you got in today but I asked to be kicked down the line a bit I don’t want to sell my IMDN .

Quoted from delt31:

#148 3 years ago

Ordered the LE from JJP today. Will look good next to Maiden!

#149 3 years ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

I’m pretty sure my guy told me November //December For LEs if you got in today but I asked to be kicked down the line a bit I don’t want to sell my IMDN .

damn - I certainly expect LEs before then. Although you don't seem to be in a rush so that works out for you!

Anyone else? I would think games should be shipping out now so possibly getting one this week

#150 3 years ago

Ordered the LE from JJP today. Will look good next to Maiden!</blockquote

Damn right it will cheers buddy!!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn
Decorations
$ 49.99
$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints
Tools
Flipper Parts
FlipMods
Flipper parts
$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer
Sound/Speakers
Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
Electronics
Skillshot Combo
Electronics
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Easton, MA
$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Side Gig Studios
Other
€ 69.00
Pinball Machine
Multiball mods
Pinball Machine
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
$ 100.00
Boards
Led Pinball
Boards
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball
Decorations
Machine - For Sale
Purcellville, VA
7,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Indianapolis, IN
$ 10,200.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place
Pinball Machine
$ 6.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
$ 210.00
Flipper Parts
Pin Monk
Flipper parts
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
€ 42.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 100.00
Electronics
Led Pinball
Electronics
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 649.95
Lighting - Interactive
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Interactive
There are 28,103 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 563.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-jjp-gnr-thread/page/3?hl=pinball-nja and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.