IMG_2676.gif
IMG_0960 (resized).jpeg
image1 (resized).jpeg
image0 (resized).jpeg
GnRAllenWrenchMod (resized).jpg
200w.gif
IMG_2222 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

78 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 28,412 posts in this topic. You are on page 398 of 569.
#19851 2 years ago
Quoted from Dantesmark:

These blue protectors are back in stock if anyone needs some.
I keep going back and forth on if im a buyer...
https://mezelmods.com/products/guns-n-roses-pinball-plastic-protector-set-jjp?variant=32805546328161[quoted image]

I have the clear ones, which I got a LONG time ago... dont understand why the clears have been unavailable for so long. Also dont know anyone else that carries them? I think the clear allows the colors to remain true but still offer protection. JJP includes extra tops for both slings with the pinball machine but I doubt I will ever need them with these protectors.

#19852 2 years ago

I’ve been waiting for the clear to come in stock . I always prefer the clear over color protectors. If anyone has a set of clear hit me up.

#19853 2 years ago
Quoted from Dantesmark:

These blue protectors are back in stock if anyone needs some.
I keep going back and forth on if im a buyer...
https://mezelmods.com/products/guns-n-roses-pinball-plastic-protector-set-jjp?variant=32805546328161[quoted image]

I bought the blue ones a long time ago, and didn't like them. I was lucky enough to get a clear set not long after that (had to pay for them in addition to the blue, of course).

The blue ones would be much better if they were more transparent... I think they block far too much of the light and totally change the tone of the lighted plastics.

#19854 2 years ago

Sounds like a job for PinMonk to complement his air ball drain barrier. We know he has acrylic skills and contacts!
I noticed the kit talks about screws and spacers. It's been a long time but if I recall right I didn't need to use any of those. I think they fit without any need for them.

#19855 2 years ago

If he hasn’t already pinmonk is going to have to quit his day job. He is such a asset for all of us.

#19856 2 years ago

Waxed my playfield tonight and installed Mr_Tantrum 3D Flipper toppers. Nice touch and good dude.

D464F673-0AF9-4E7A-9A10-B9FC50AFFF13 (resized).jpegD464F673-0AF9-4E7A-9A10-B9FC50AFFF13 (resized).jpegBBDB6EB8-DA9F-43B6-ACBE-9FC55884CFED (resized).jpegBBDB6EB8-DA9F-43B6-ACBE-9FC55884CFED (resized).jpeg70EAE8DC-38AB-4E6F-A4AC-C32650AF7C61 (resized).jpeg70EAE8DC-38AB-4E6F-A4AC-C32650AF7C61 (resized).jpeg
#19857 2 years ago

Just wanted to post a shout-out to Steve over at JJP. I just took delivery of my game 10 days ago, or so. I too had the lockdown bar adjustment screws up too high from the factory, so when I pulled the glass out for the first time it scratched my Invisiglass. Steve was super helpful in getting me taken care of, and I got a new sheet of Invisiglass yesterday. Top notch service!

#19858 2 years ago

Congrats!
So let's chat about these lockdown bar screws. The brass ones, right?
What's the function of those and how do you determine the proper adjustment?

Found this
https://user.xmission.com/~daina/tips/pub/tip0289.html

My bar is definitely loose a bit and shifts around and the screws barely clear the glass, might be a very slight rub on one just as you first slide the glass.. I didn't realize the lockdown bar could be tight but now that I think about it I think it was tighter when I first got it.. so I'll try tightening these a bit. I'm wondering if I have to put the glass back on to confirm screw settings.

Also on my lockdown bar, the foam on the underside left side vertical fin that presses against the glass to prevent sliding down is getting rolled off or crumpled up on left side because the glass is pushing it off during insertions of the bar. The right side doesn't do this.

Little stuff... I know.

Edit.
Read this.. Could be more to my loose lockdown problem than just screw adjustment...
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/acdc-premium-lockdown-bar-problem

#19859 2 years ago
Quoted from Vespula:

Congrats!
So let's chat about these lockdown bar screws. The brass ones, right?
What's the function of those and how do you determine the proper adjustment?
Found this
https://user.xmission.com/~daina/tips/pub/tip0289.html
My bar is definitely loose a bit and shifts around and the screws barely clear the glass, might be a very slight rub on one just as you first slide the glass.. I didn't realize the lockdown bar could be tight but now that I think about it I think it was tighter when I first got it.. so I'll try tightening these a bit. I'm wondering if I have to put the glass back on to confirm screw settings.
Also on my lockdown bar, the foam on the underside left side vertical fin that presses against the glass to prevent sliding down is getting rolled off or crumpled up on left side because the glass is pushing it off during insertions of the bar. The right side doesn't do this.
Little stuff... I know.

Yes, those two brass ones. I believe they adjust the tension on the lockdown bar receiver assembly. Once I got the glass off, I was able to turn them both a couple of rotations but there was not a lot of play in them. I was definitely able to get them lower than the glass needed to pass safely over them. Hopefully that'll fix your issue!

#19860 2 years ago

I just did a Review/install of the Art of Pinball's new Guns and Roses drums mod! check it out, if you like my videos, consider subscribing. that would be amazing!

#19861 2 years ago

Lunch breaks are the bomb!!!

PXL_20220128_182016681 (resized).jpgPXL_20220128_182016681 (resized).jpgScreenshot_20220128-144657 (resized).pngScreenshot_20220128-144657 (resized).png
#19862 2 years ago
Quoted from daveyvandy:

Lunch breaks are the bomb!!![quoted image][quoted image]

Damn...
Nice score, you must get a long lunch break!

#19863 2 years ago
Quoted from dug:

Damn...
Nice score, you must get a long lunch break!

Working from home has its benefits

#19864 2 years ago
Quoted from daveyvandy:

Lunch breaks are the bomb!!!

Congrats! Looks like I got work to do. I already slipped from my peak at #12 down to #13 this week. Now I’m down to #14.

I also need to take advantage of my work from home benefit more often.

#19865 2 years ago

How long IS a 239 mil game anyway?
(Your boss also wants to know ) jk. Amazing.
Gives sevenrites something to shoot for! I'll just be watching

#19866 2 years ago

I’m definitely itching to play my GNR again ASAP but felt bad for some of my other games. So I did some flipper rebuilds, fresh clean and wax and fine tuned a few of them this week. I did hit 100,000,000 at least twice in the last few days but one of them didn’t make it to Scorebit. I hope to be on GNR in the next hour or two.

Quoted from Vespula:

My 205,000,000 game was Only 35m 49s long.

#19867 2 years ago

Just received and installed my drum set mod from Lior and I love it! I think it compliments the pop bumpers great. Now time to play!

044A14DC-A82F-4D4E-B59B-BCEC01B1BDC9 (resized).jpeg044A14DC-A82F-4D4E-B59B-BCEC01B1BDC9 (resized).jpegEDEACDB8-1893-4364-BB2D-6C68305F1B0D (resized).jpegEDEACDB8-1893-4364-BB2D-6C68305F1B0D (resized).jpeg
#19868 2 years ago
Quoted from Vespula:

(Your boss also wants to know ) jk. Amazing.
Gives sevenrites something to shoot for! I'll just be watching

It was 42 minutes, I was rushing it by the end because I had to go interview a candidate for our team!

My general strategy was to get fender, Vader, Duff patches, hit tons of loops to get secret band member items, then play songs until lost confidence in myself and cash out with whatever I was at. I cashed out a 90 million jackpot, finished another song for about 16 million, cashed out another one for 30 something million and cashed out another one and I can't remember the value. There was a song that I didn't cash out and lost 38 million jackpot on after losing the ball. I end up with tons of extra balls with cashing out early which helps quite a bit. I also targeted the same album over and over again to get the additional scoring. Definitely a lot of risk and reward to think about. I know Karl never cashes out early, but I don't have that level of confidence!

#19870 2 years ago

Cool. I order a set to finally get rid of my awful spaghetti factory decal lol. Do you just place this over the existing or are you supposed to remove the existing decal?

#19871 2 years ago

Thx, just ordered and am splitting with a friend. Can't see the need to have 6

#19872 2 years ago

I’m playing so terrible tonight I ran out of tilt warnings in at least 3 games, some under 1mil I don’t think any above 25m yet. Going to torture myself some more in a few minutes.

#19873 2 years ago
Quoted from daveyvandy:

It was 42 minutes, I was rushing it by the end because I had to go interview a candidate for our team!
My general strategy was to get fender, Vader, Duff patches, hit tons of loops to get secret band member items, then play songs until lost confidence in myself and cash out with whatever I was at. I cashed out a 90 million jackpot, finished another song for about 16 million, cashed out another one for 30 something million and cashed out another one and I can't remember the value. There was a song that I didn't cash out and lost 38 million jackpot on after losing the ball. I end up with tons of extra balls with cashing out early which helps quite a bit. I also targeted the same album over and over again to get the additional scoring. Definitely a lot of risk and reward to think about. I know Karl never cashes out early, but I don't have that level of confidence!

Incredible. Are your slings set to the default power or did you power em down? At factory standard I am drain city.

#19874 2 years ago
Quoted from sevenrites:

I’m playing so terrible tonight I ran out of tilt warnings in at least 3 games, some under 1mil I don’t think any above 25m yet. Going to torture myself some more in a few minutes.

Lol, I had that night the other night. Many under 1 mil.
Way to many under 500k. I thought I was going to break the start button. Then I had a groove going on out ta get me with 3.4 million and and looked up to see i had accumulated a 13 plus million jackpot which I knew it must have been good as I was in the zone... That would have beat my 16.1 GC and I had accumulated two extra balls and still had 3 on the field all at the end of the song... Then I hear the magic phrase applause jackpot and got confident with three balls surely I was hittin the scoop... Nope. Lost it. Encore to Nightrain.. pressure is on and
It gets worse... I choked down those last two balls in hellish fashion... Probably because I knew I would. End of the night. I'm still mad and not playing today either. Tg for the weekend. Tomorrow GnR shall be mine!!!

#19875 2 years ago
Quoted from holminone:

Incredible. Are your slings set to the default power or did you power em down? At factory standard I am drain city.

I’ve been wondering about the best sling power setting. I was watching Karl’s latest stream and noticed quite a few times the ball would get stuck in a back-and-forth loop between the slings, then eventually break free straight into an out lane.

Seemed like the sling power needed to be higher or lower.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#19876 2 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Cool. I order a set to finally get rid of my awful spaghetti factory decal lol. Do you just place this over the existing or are you supposed to remove the existing decal?

I had removed one before to tighten my screw, the previous came off rather easily, but I did use some goo gone and alcohol to clean and prep for the new one...

If you don't need any screw tightening you could try just doing a overlay but I'm not sure how adhesive the decal will be to the other one just to be safe I'd remove the old one

Also putting the new decal on there will be some bubbles, mainly near the holes around the disc, that will diffuse on their own after about 3 days don't try to make it perfect as you'll crease the decal.. it will settle out and flatten on its own

#19877 2 years ago

They definitely JACKED up the price for those since august. Glad I was Locked in with the old price list

E665FB09-E026-4A43-B41A-AA6F69A22279 (resized).jpegE665FB09-E026-4A43-B41A-AA6F69A22279 (resized).jpeg
#19878 2 years ago
Quoted from fooflighter:

I had removed one before to tighten my screw, the previous came off rather easily, but I did use some goo gone and alcohol to clean and prep for the new one...
If you don't need any screw tightening you could try just doing a overlay but I'm not sure how adhesive the decal will be to the other one just to be safe I'd remove the old one
Also putting the new decal on there will be some bubbles, mainly near the holes around the disc, that will diffuse on their own after about 3 days don't try to make it perfect as you'll crease the decal.. it will settle out and flatten on its own

Is there a trick how to center the new one exactly? Did you use any liquid to move the decal like with artblades?

#19880 2 years ago

Didn't even know this store existed. Picked up a set too along with a GnR pinball Tshirt.

#19881 2 years ago
Quoted from Vespula:

Didn't even know this store existed. Picked up a set too along with a GnR pinball Tshirt.

Why they don’t put the blue snubber parts up on the site is beyond me. I’ve called and emailed about those and about a couple of other things and only received one reply—which they did not follow up on after I responded with the info they requested. Some of us have gotten phenomenal customer service from JJP. Others of us, not so much.

#19882 2 years ago
Quoted from deejaypee:

Why they don’t put the blue snubber parts up on the site is beyond me. I’ve called and emailed about those and about a couple of other things and only received one reply—which they did not follow up on after I responded with the info they requested. Some of us have gotten phenomenal customer service from JJP. Others of us, not so much.

Little Shop of Games has them. I ordered 6 of them, so I should be good for a while.

https://littleshopofgames.com/shop/rubber-parts/snubber-block-rubber-bumper-blue-pad-for-guns-n-roses-scoop-on-jersey-jack-pinball-machine-25-1000007-00/

#19883 2 years ago

Sven’s GnR stage and drum kits arrived lightning fast. Going to compare with the Lior kit I have installed now and swap things around. Awesome mods to pimp out your beloved GnR! I still have a bunch of mods to install, will share pics soon.

09882950-B1B9-4549-8334-D0B1C72406B6 (resized).jpeg09882950-B1B9-4549-8334-D0B1C72406B6 (resized).jpegDD428D7B-B629-454C-9244-E4B8508F8BCF (resized).jpegDD428D7B-B629-454C-9244-E4B8508F8BCF (resized).jpeg
#19884 2 years ago
Quoted from deejaypee:

Pretty much the same experience for me, sent an email regarding the blue snubber and got no response. Little Shop of Games is out of stock also. Thankfully mine are still good but it's only a matter of time.

#19885 2 years ago
Quoted from darkryder:

Sven’s GnR stage and drum kits arrived lightning fast. Going to compare with the Lior kit I have installed now and swap things around. Awesome mods to pimp out your beloved GnR! I still have a bunch of mods to install, will share pics soon.
[quoted image][quoted image]

I got this drum kit off Amazon and it looks so good in real life , but I'm not going to install it .
I just don't think GNR needs it , it looks absolutely awesome the way it is .
If I had to choose stage kits , I would definitely go with seven's but I'd leave off the speakers on the right they look like drawers to me .
But you do whatever makes you happy , don't listen to the Dollhouse people

IMG_20220130_051042 (resized).jpgIMG_20220130_051042 (resized).jpg
#19886 2 years ago
Quoted from holminone:

My slings are at the default power. Additionally, I went with the size up on the slingshot rubbers as per suggestions in the thread. Flippers are at default power settings as well.

I have found that the flipper rubbers you choose makes a huge difference. I was originally using Titan low bounce flipper rubbers, but I think there was too much friction on them and when a ball would roll down the lane it would stutter on the flipper which would really throw off my shots. I'm using super bands I believe now that have much less friction and allow for smooth travel.

#19887 2 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

I got this drum kit off Amazon and it looks so good in real life , but I'm not going to install it .
I just don't think GNR needs it , it looks absolutely awesome the way it is .
If I had to choose stage kits , I would definitely go with seven's but I'd leave off the speakers on the right they look like drawers to me .
But you do whatever makes you happy , don't listen to the Dollhouse people
[quoted image]

I got the same one and installed it on plexiglass above the drums. Added bonus is one the cymbals jiggles when the pop bumpers are hit.

16434811897182790719915238533087 (resized).jpg16434811897182790719915238533087 (resized).jpg
#19888 2 years ago
Quoted from daveyvandy:

I got the same one and installed it on plexiglass above the drums. Added bonus is one the cymbals jiggles when the pop bumpers are hit.
[quoted image]

So you like it ? does it look good , I was just worried it would be too much in the game .
And possibly a ball trap .

#19889 2 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

So you like it , does look good , I was just worried it would be too much in the game .
And possibly a ball trap .

I personally like it.
It has never been a ball trap, but it does slightly block the view of the AXL lanes up top.

#19890 2 years ago
Quoted from daveyvandy:

I personally like it.

That's all that matters , as long as you like it .

#19891 2 years ago
Quoted from daveyvandy:

I personally like it.
It has never been a ball trap, but it does slightly block the view of the AXL lanes up top.

Your 239,000,000+ high score suggests this mod will not negatively affect anyone else’s high scores.

#19892 2 years ago
Quoted from deejaypee:

I read someone put electrical tape on them. I may try that.

#19893 2 years ago

Just put my pitch back to factory out of the box with leg levelers all the way down. Feels way too slow now, and more floaty.

I did notice when the ball goes to the outlanes I seem to have a bit more ability to guide the ball with some nudges whereas with the higher pitch if it’s headed that way it’s usually a drain with authority and less chance to save it.

We’ll see how it goes today, I’m having an event with a variety of ages and skill levels. I already anticipate raising it back before the weekend ends. I like the fast ripping speed more than the slow floaty play even if it’s harder to play.

#19894 2 years ago
Quoted from Zora:

Is there a trick how to center the new one exactly? Did you use any liquid to move the decal like with artblades?

I just removed the backing by the hole and used that and the disc edge to center, then slowly peeled away the under backing being careful not to crease the decal

#19895 2 years ago

deejaypee Hyperlytes cabinet lights are a great mod If you're a LE owner... If you're on his pre-order list for the forthcoming run of these, then congrats!!
if you didn't know about these or not on the list, here is a video I took a while back after I got my pin and testing them.
It's no sound, just a couple cycles of attract mode to show the room and the sync to the Hotrails. I was thinking I'd capture one of live and let die in jukebox mode too if there is any interest.

#19896 2 years ago

Yes - please do show Live and Let Die. Best light show GNR has to offer!

Quoted from Vespula:

deejaypee Hyperlytes cabinet lights are a great mod If you're a LE owner... If you're on his pre-order list for the forthcoming run of these, then congrats!!
if you didn't know about these or not on the list, here is a video I took a while back after I got my pin and testing them.
It's no sound, just a couple cycles of attract mode to show the room and the sync to the Hotrails. I was thinking I'd capture one of live and let die in jukebox mode too if there is any interest.

#19897 2 years ago

Newly crowned "Pinball Industry Awards" BEST STREAMER winner Karl DeAngelo is streaming GnR on his iepinball channel around 5pm PST tonight. He had some great play tips in his over 3 hour session earlier in the week.

He's also giving away pinmonk quiet fan kit and t-shirt prizes on his streams all this month. You need to get in within the first 30 minutes of the stream to sign up and take a guess at the contest question to be eligible later in the stream. Type !contest in the twitch chat to get the link to the details and entry form.

EDIT: The contest question tonight is what will be the biggest jackpot he loses?

Here's the link to his channel:
https://www.twitch.tv/iepinball

2022-01-29 stream (resized).jpg2022-01-29 stream (resized).jpg

Then, tomorrow afternoon around 4PM PST is the final Jan prize stream (he's playing GZ), and it will have DOUBLE PRIZES. It will have the quiet fan power supply kit and T-shirt giveaway, but it will also have a month-end super prize that everyone will be eligible to win (even ones that won a fan or T during the month) with the correct answer. The winner will get their choice of any Tibetan Breeze Coil cooling kit (up to $200 value) and a Pinmonk T-shirt.
2022-01-29 stream (resized).jpg2022-01-29 stream (resized).jpg

#19898 2 years ago

rrosenhouse
Wondering if this will get muted ...

#19899 2 years ago

Is it possible someone can create a record spinner decal then print it out on sticker paper with an inkjet or print it out on vinyl at Staples? It's over $5 with S&H for a sticker. I need one after I had to tighten down the record screw with Loctite. Someone create something in the Marketplace please. They won't respond back to me or Mike Daddona and at this point I'm so done with my game and all its issues.

#19900 2 years ago
Quoted from hool10:

Is it possible someone can create a record spinner decal then print it out on sticker paper with an inkjet or print it out on vinyl at Staples? It's over $5 with S&H for a sticker. I need one after I had to tighten down the record screw with Loctite. Someone create something in the Marketplace please. They won't respond back to me or Mike Daddona and at this point I'm so done with my game and all its issues.

Which one do you want? Lots of us ordered the 6 pack and don't need them all... Afd and patience may be harder to come by, but there's gonna be others out for grabs...

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pin Monk

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Machine - For Sale
Boston, MA
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 210.00
€ 69.00
Pinball Machine
Multiball mods

$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Machine - For Sale
Danbury, CT
$ 60.00
Hardware
Pin Parts

$ 109.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 40.00
Playfield - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 130.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

8,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Crestview, FL
$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

€ 42.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 10,200.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Tulsa, OK
$ 11,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 28,412 posts in this topic. You are on page 398 of 569.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-jjp-gnr-thread/page/398 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.