IMG_2676.gif
IMG_0960 (resized).jpeg
image1 (resized).jpeg
image0 (resized).jpeg
GnRAllenWrenchMod (resized).jpg
200w.gif
IMG_2222 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

78 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 28,402 posts in this topic. You are on page 397 of 569.
#19801 2 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

Great job , I'm sure it took a lot of time and effort to come up with the hardest part of it all , the Great name - Hyperlytes
I was a bit sad that you don't ship to OZ , but after 3 months of waiting , I finally got my rock topper yesterday
I forgot I paid extra for backbox lighting , but it also came with under cabinet lighting
Everything is great , except it didn't come with the cord for the 12 volt power
Happy Australia Day everyone [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

You don’t need me to ship to OZ, look at that thing! And it’s not that that i wouldn’t ship stuff to you, I just haven’t thought about it. But now I’m going to. I’ve never sent anything there and I think it’s time.

I can’t believe they forgot the power cable, I hope they sort you out quick. On Australia Day no less! That would really put me under the pump

Happy Australia Day!

#19802 2 years ago
Quoted from deejaypee:

I can’t believe they forgot the power cable, I hope they sort you out quick. On Australia Day no less! That would really put me under the pump

Under the...what, now?

Oh, behave...

austin-powers-gadget (resized).jpgaustin-powers-gadget (resized).jpg
#19803 2 years ago

Thats funny shit right there

#19804 2 years ago
Quoted from shovelhed:

Thats funny shit right there

When I went to capture that, I noticed that Austin Powers does a quick eyebrow raise before freaking out and denying it's his. Super subtle. I never noticed it until I was going frame by frame to grab one for this.

#19805 2 years ago
Quoted from sevenrites:

Did anyone request stacking Slash solo on the developer telegram thread?

I'm not sure what you mean by stacking. Explain?

But I definitely (and others) let them know slash solo has got to be revamped. Skipable would be best. Why can I skip a album but not slash solo. Just weird.

Maybe when they code in the SPECIAL they will help Slash Solo.

I personally don't want to stack it with anything (if it means what I think it means). I just want to skip it. Scoring sucks. Playing sucks. All it does is get in the way.

#19806 2 years ago
Quoted from Wildbill327:

Finally in the club!
[quoted image]

How excited are you right now? I’m 1,089 games in since late august and have never loved a material item more than this. Wasn’t a huge GNR fan before I got the game. Now I consider them the last greatest band.

If you’ve got the dough, get a high quality sub (I have a KEF kube 10” connected with pinnovators tap) and Pinwoofer GT kit. It makes for the greatest ducking thing ever.

#19807 2 years ago
Quoted from Ecw0930:

I'm not sure what you mean by stacking. Explain?
But I definitely (and others) let them know slash solo has got to be revamped. Skipable would be best. Why can I skip a album but not slash solo. Just weird.
Maybe when they code in the SPECIAL they will help Slash Solo.
I personally don't want to stack it with anything (if it means what I think it means). I just want to skip it. Scoring sucks. Playing sucks. All it does is get in the way.

100%. It’s like Romulan in STTNG. It’s a guaranteed drain with no payoff. If they don’t stack it then make it lucrative AF. Boost the ball save time to make it a fun low risk gift and near exponential growth of points based on spins…. Something. But getting 80k points and a drain is balls.

#19808 2 years ago
Quoted from holminone:

How excited are you right now? I’m 1,089 games in since late august and have never loved a material item more than this. Wasn’t a huge GNR fan before I got the game. Now I consider them the last greatest band.
If you’ve got the dough, get a high quality sub (I have a KEF kube 10” connected with pinnovators tap) and Pinwoofer GT kit. It makes for the greatest ducking thing ever.

I actually have a Polk 10” power sub coming tomorrow. I’m super excited and so is my wife with our GnR. We were told multiple times that it was going to ship but it kept getting pushed back, thank goodness that’s all in the past now. After I unboxed it and set it up I noticed it needed a few minor tweaks straight out of the box. The flippers needed to be adjusted because one was higher then the other…no big deal. The AXL magnet was pushed up through the playfield(this was priority)so I had to adjust it level with the playfield or else it would cause the ball to jump going around the orbits. After making those few adjustments and looking it over for loose wires we played a few test games and it all seems good to go…Now it’s time to Rock out and Max out! On a side note my wife seems to really enjoy this pin and she put up a little over 20,000,000 and has the GC…as of today.

#19809 2 years ago
Quoted from PinsNJeeps:

Hey Screaminr, mine was also missing the 12v power cable. I was able to make one out of the parts that were sent and a $1.50 part. Let me know if you need help getting it going.

Thanks mate
That's a really nice offer , Joe at Pingraffix said he would send one out asap , so all good , thank you

#19810 2 years ago
Quoted from deejaypee:

You don’t need me to ship to OZ, look at that thing! And it’s not that that i wouldn’t ship stuff to you, I just haven’t thought about it. But now I’m going to. I’ve never sent anything there and I think it’s time.
Happy Australia Day!

If I hadn't brought the topper , I would have got a set off you . Hard to believe no one has made these until now . I love the art package and the powder coating on the LE , the only thing I really wanted from the CE was the exterior lighting .
You should think about sending them down here , you've got over 500 potential customers and a lot of them are in this thread .
Well done on doing such a good job .

#19811 2 years ago

Im ready.

20220126_074705 (resized).jpg20220126_074705 (resized).jpg
#19812 2 years ago
Quoted from Dantesmark:

Im ready.[quoted image]

Have fun

#19813 2 years ago
Quoted from Wildbill327:

I actually have a Polk 10” power sub coming tomorrow. I’m super excited and so is my wife with our GnR. We were told multiple times that it was going to ship but it kept getting pushed back, thank goodness that’s all in the past now. After I unboxed it and set it up I noticed it needed a few minor tweaks straight out of the box. The flippers needed to be adjusted because one was higher then the other…no big deal. The AXL magnet was pushed up through the playfield(this was priority)so I had to adjust it level with the playfield or else it would cause the ball to jump going around the orbits. After making those few adjustments and looking it over for loose wires we played a few test games and it all seems good to go…Now it’s time to Rock out and Max out! On a side note my wife seems to really enjoy this pin and she put up a little over 20,000,000 and has the GC…as of today.

Dang. Any interest in a wife swap? 20 mil GC night 1.

#19814 2 years ago
Quoted from holminone:

Dang. Any interest in a wife swap? 20 mil GC night 1.

I think I’m going to pass …Before this Covid thing I got her in my/our league and she holds her own with the guys and gets a kick out of it.

#19815 2 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

If I hadn't brought the topper , I would have got a set off you . Hard to believe no one has made these until now . I love the art package and the powder coating on the LE , the only thing I really wanted from the CE was the exterior lighting .
You should think about sending them down here , you've got over 500 potential customers and a lot of them are in this thread .
Well done on doing such a good job .

How hard can it be? I'm sure it's not cheap, but our Canadian friends are talking about banding together to make one bigger shipment and disbursing in country. I'm happy to work with anyone interested to do it the best we can. I agree, by the way, the only thing I really cared about from the CE was the cabinet lighting. I understand that it's programmed fully separately and we LE's can't replicate that, but putting hot rail lights under and behind the cab makes it darn awesome anyway. I'd love to see a CE in action up close to see how creative they got.

#19816 2 years ago
Quoted from Wildbill327:

Nice congrats Will! 20 mil in the first night/week? Impressive! Feel free to shoot me a text if you have any setup, tweaks, rules, etc… questions. Enjoy.

#19817 2 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Nice congrats Will! 20 mil in the first night/week? Impressive! Feel free to shoot me a text if you have any setup, tweaks, rules, etc… questions. Enjoy.

Thanks man I’ll definitely take you up on that offer…once I wrap my head around some strategies so we can compare.Today I lost a 60 million jackpot so I feel like I’m starting to get the shots down so hopefully I’ll really get this pin rocking. I got the Polk 10” sub in today and man what a difference. GnR is definitely going to make me neglect my other pins…I can already see it coming.

#19818 2 years ago

EDIT: He does have the temp gauge up showing the real-time magnet and diverter temps with the cooling on with the stream tonight.

Karl DeAngelo is streaming GnR LE tonight. He has an advance magnet cooler and diverter cooler on this machine, and he may be measuring temps, not sure.

He's giving out a LOT of information on hi-scoring modes and strategies to increase scores and jackpots. Great if you're struggling to get your scores up.

But the important part is he's giving away free pinmonk quiet fan kits and t-shirts as prizes all month long, and tonight is no exception. You need to get in within the first 30 minutes (i.e. before 7:30pm PST) and make your contest entry which is usually something related to the game. Once he achieves said contest item, he awards the prizes, usually about an hour or hour and a half after the close of contest entries.

Stream is here, starts at 7pm PST:
http://twitch.tv/iepinball
iepinball_stream_2022_01_26.jpgiepinball_stream_2022_01_26.jpg

#19819 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Karl DeAngelo is streaming GnR LE tonight. He has an advance magnet cooler and diverter cooler on this machine, and he may be measuring temps, not sure.
But the important part is he's giving away free pinmonk quiet fan kits and t-shirts as prizes all month long, and tonight is no exception. You need to get in within the first 30 minutes (i.e. before 7:30pm PST) and make your contest entry which is usually something related to the game. Once he achieves said contest item, he awards the prizes, usually about an hour or hour and a half after the close of contest entries.

Will you have a magnet cooler and diverter cooler to buy on your site anytime soon?

#19820 2 years ago
Quoted from pinballaddicted:

Will you have a magnet cooler and diverter cooler to buy on your site anytime soon?

Yes. It's still being field tested while I wait for some hardware I need to include with the kit for the diverter install (they're a set, magnet and diverter). Shouldn't be too much longer, though. It DOES require that you have a Tibetan Breeze flipper cooling kit already installed since that's where it gets the power.

#19821 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

EDIT: He does have the temp gauge up showing the real-time magnet and diverter temps with the cooling on with the stream tonight.

Watching Karl stream GNR is 100% the reason we bought ours to begin with. After I got it I didn’t like watching him because i was so terrible. Now I’m slightly less terrible and i could watch him play all night. Dude’s amazing. And nice. And so, so handsome.

#19822 2 years ago

High score #8 says 338 million!
Lol.
I'll definitely watch this tomorrow.

#19823 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Yes. It's still being field tested while I wait for some hardware I need to include with the kit for the diverter install (they're a set, magnet and diverter). Shouldn't be too much longer, though. It DOES require that you have a Tibetan Breeze flipper cooling kit already installed since that's where it gets the power.

Awesome, I will wait and buy the whole lot at once. Postage to Australia hurts!

#19824 2 years ago
Quoted from pinballaddicted:

Awesome, I will wait and buy the whole lot at once. Postage to Australia hurts!

Even getting packages to Australia is a pain in pandemic times. Not as terrible as post-Brexit UK, but still pretty bad. Used to be pretty straightforward. Not anymore.

#19825 2 years ago

I haven't liked the flippers on my GnR since I bought it in December. They seemed slow to return compared to my other games, and they bounced a little on return. I decided to give the Stern return spring a try. They are the same exact length and diameter, they're just a slightly stiffer spring. It's a night and day difference, especially with all the multiballs this game throws at you. Your flippers settle back to the rested position quicker, which allows you to be ready for the next ball quicker. No adjustments were needed to coil strength because I didn't notice any loss in power with the stiffer springs. They were only needed on the main and the upper right flippers. It's not needed for the upper playfield.

At $0.62 each, it's a great upgrade! These are the springs I bought if you want to give them a try.

https://www.pinballlife.com/segastern-flipper-extension-spring.html

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#19826 2 years ago
Quoted from mmuglia:

I haven't liked the flippers on my GnR since I bought it December. They seemed slow to return compared my other games, and they bounced a little on return. I decided to give the Stern return spring a try. They are the same exact length and diameter, they're just a slightly stiffer spring. It's a night and day difference, especially with all the multiballs this game throws at you. Your flippers settle back to the rested position quicker, which allows you to be ready for the next ball quicker. No adjustments were needed to coil strength because I didn't notice any loss in power with the stiffer springs. They were only needed on the main and the upper right flippers. It's not needed for the upper playfield.
At $0.62 each, it's a great upgrade! These are the springs I bought if you want to give it a try.

I got some low bounce rubbers for the flippers. Seems to belp.

#19827 2 years ago
Quoted from glpinball:

I got some low bounce rubbers for the flippers. Seems to belp.

That was the first change I made, but when I released the flipper button the flippers would bounce 2-3 times when coming to rest. None of my other games do that. The Stern springs fixed it.

#19828 2 years ago
Quoted from mmuglia:

I haven't liked the flippers on my GnR since I bought it December. They seemed slow to return compared my other games, and they bounced a little on return. I decided to give the Stern return spring a try. They are the same exact length and diameter, they're just a slightly stiffer spring. It's a night and day difference, especially with all the multiballs this game throws at you. Your flippers settle back to the rested position quicker, which allows you to be ready for the next ball quicker. No adjustments were needed to coil strength because I didn't notice any loss in power with the stiffer springs. They were only needed on the main and the upper right flippers. It's not needed for the upper playfield.
At $0.62 each, it's a great upgrade! These are the springs I bought if you want to give it a try.

Thanks for the tip! I was going to test this same thing whenever mine arrives, but good to know in advance the Stern springs work.

#19829 2 years ago
Quoted from mmuglia:

That was the first change I made, but when I released the flipper button the flippers would bounce 2-3 times when coming to rest. None of my other games do that. The Stern springs fixed it.

I had a sacked spring on my right flipper and had the bounce you're talking about, changed to some slightly stiffer springs I had here and it's a game changer. Was told it will slow the forward movement on the flipper, due to more resistance, but that's just not the case. Highly recommend doing this

#19830 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Even getting packages to Australia is a pain in pandemic times. Not as terrible as post-Brexit UK, but still pretty bad. Used to be pretty straightforward. Not anymore.

We are all good and happy to wait. We have found DHL worldwide express to be the best for USA to Australia. So far everything we have put through them has turned up and the service has been very good.

#19831 2 years ago
Quoted from mmuglia:

I haven't liked the flippers on my GnR since I bought it in December. They seemed slow to return compared to my other games, and they bounced a little on return. I decided to give the Stern return spring a try. They are the same exact length and diameter, they're just a slightly stiffer spring. It's a night and day difference, especially with all the multiballs this game throws at you. Your flippers settle back to the rested position quicker, which allows you to be ready for the next ball quicker. No adjustments were needed to coil strength because I didn't notice any loss in power with the stiffer springs. They were only needed on the main and the upper right flippers. It's not needed for the upper playfield.
At $0.62 each, it's a great upgrade! These are the springs I bought if you want to give them a try.

I’m loving the idea of this experiment!

#19832 2 years ago
Quoted from mmuglia:

Thanks, I am going to try this, found them for Aus purchases

https://www.pinballspareparts.com.au/265-5035-00.html

#19833 2 years ago
Quoted from mmuglia:

huh I haven't seen that

#19834 2 years ago

Where are you guys sourcing stock rings from?

I tried Titan 2” on the slings and they’re way too tight. I know I can and should go up to at least 2-1/4” if I go Titan but I’d like to keep the rings stock.

#19835 2 years ago
Quoted from Lounge:

Where are you guys sourcing stock rings from?
I tried Titan 2” on the slings and they’re way too tight. I know I can and should go up to at least 2-1/4” if I go Titan but I’d like to keep the rings stock.

I prefer pinball life but went with titan 2 1/4". Much less stress on the posts. Change out every other ring with larger ones too,

#19836 2 years ago
Quoted from glpinball:

Ok that's pretty sick. Pre-ordered. Can you still put the head down with that on the back?

You got me thinking about that .
So today at work , I cut 4 strips of composite aluminium . You could use whatever you have lying around , plastic , sheet metal ,wood .
I will stick the led's to the aluminium and then with some double sided tape velcro , I will then stick that to the machine , making it easily removable , if I ever need to .
If your LEDs come in plastic channeling , all you need to do is put the velcro to that and you're done .

IMG20220127214212 (resized).jpgIMG20220127214212 (resized).jpg

#19837 2 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

So today at work , I cut 4 strips of composite aluminium . You could use whatever you have lying around , plastic , sheet metal ,wood .
I will stick the led's to the aluminium and then with some double sided tape velcro , I will then stick that to the machine , making it easily removable if I ever need to .
If your LEDs come in plastic channeling , all you need to do is put the velcro to that and you're done .
[quoted image]

What about a molex connector between. LED strips? Not sure if it's only one strip.

#19838 2 years ago
Quoted from glpinball:

What about a molex connector between. LED strips? Not sure if it's only one strip.

Sorry , I should have explained the topper I've got has a connection for each strip .
But when it comes to removable LEDs I think velcro would be the way to go , although I haven't seen your setup .

IMG_20220128_031623 (resized).jpgIMG_20220128_031623 (resized).jpg
#19839 2 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

Sorry , I should have explained the topper I've got has a connection for each strip .
But when it comes to removable LEDs I think velcro would be the way to go , although I haven't seen your setup .
[quoted image]

Oh this is cool.. hoping to see a video of this when you get it done! I missed this functionality for this topper in their marketing. Thought it was just scaffolding and spotlights..

#19840 2 years ago
Quoted from Vespula:

hoping to see a video of this when you get it done! I missed this functionality for this topper in their marketing. Thought it was just scaffolding and spotlights..

Will do , but until I get a power cable , I have a white elephant sitting on my machine

#19841 2 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

I will stick the led's to the aluminium and then with some double sided tape velcro , I will then stick that to the machine , making it easily removable , if I ever need to .
[quoted image]

Great idea on this. I have the same setup, but haven’t had a chance to install the strips.

#19842 2 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

Will do , but until I get a power cable , I have a white elephant sitting on my machine

Lol, that’s one expensive white elephant gift!

I know exactly what you’re going through and I’m pretty sure others will have the same issue.

I replied to your PM. If you received the same cables (which I believe you did), it’s an easy fix with a quick trip to the electronics store. I’m confident you can fix it.

#19843 2 years ago

Can someone point me in the right direction on how to install the JJP Art Blades? I've never done this before. Also, a lot of the pics show the plastic protectors aren't being used. What are the reasons why?

#19844 2 years ago
Quoted from jonboy71:

Can someone point me in the right direction on how to install the JJP Art Blades? I've never done this before. Also, a lot of the pics show the plastic protectors aren't being used. What are the reasons why?

Protectors are for after the art blades are installed when you lift the playfield. If you search this thread, there are many posts describing installation. Short version: peel and spray with soapy water or even glass cleaner and slide into place. Smooth out bubbles.

#19845 2 years ago
Quoted from jonboy71:

Check out this post by @vespula. It should get you pointed in the right direction.

Having a second set of hands on standby might be helpful.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-jjp-gnr-thread/page/394#post-6733108

#19846 2 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

[quoted image]

It’s a great idea. My worry with Velcro is that I’ve never had adhesive Velcro that wasn’t so angrily permanent that I didn’t rip off paint or chunks of wall if I ever tried to get it off unless I took my time with a razor blade and a fresh application of goo gone every millimeter. Maybe there’s something out there with a kinder but still firm adhesive that I don’t know about yet?

#19847 2 years ago
Quoted from deejaypee:

It’s a great idea. My worry with Velcro is that I’ve never had adhesive Velcro that wasn’t so angrily permanent that I didn’t rip off paint or chunks of wall if I ever tried to get it off unless I took my time with a razor blade and a fresh application of goo gone every millimeter. Maybe there’s something out there with a kinder but still firm adhesive that I don’t know about yet?

I've had good luck with 3m strips which are velcro like and you can buy sizes that support a lot of weight... but I agree I've seen other velcro products that remove paint/wall/sheetrock under the most gentle of circumstances.

#19848 2 years ago
Quoted from brainmegaphone:

I've had good luck with 3m strips which are velcro like and you can buy sizes that support a lot of weight... but I agree I've seen other velcro products that remove paint/wall/sheetrock under the most gentle of circumstances.

Like these guys? I’d forgotten about these but not a bad thought at all. They haven’t always worked for me as easily as advertised, but you’re right, they’re much gentler and they do hold a variety of weights without issue

3M Removable Interlocking Fastener Adhesives https://www.amazon.com/dp/B002HU51LE/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_glt_i_WP16AMMT2NGWY0S4EVXP

#19849 2 years ago
Quoted from deejaypee:

Like these guys? I’d forgotten about these but not a bad thought at all. They haven’t always worked for me as easily as advertised, but you’re right, they’re much gentler and they do hold a variety of weights without issue
3M Removable Interlocking Fastener Adhesives amazon.com link »

Exactly. They make a bunch of different sizes (Amazon has a variety pack too) so you can use them for all kinds of things. If you are hanging something on a wall vertically you need to follow the instructions to let it "cure" after applying before hanging something up but otherwise I've had great luck. Based on my experience they have never marked a wall I've used them on.

Never used for a pin though - YMMV.

#19850 2 years ago

These blue protectors are back in stock if anyone needs some.
I keep going back and forth on if im a buyer...

https://mezelmods.com/products/guns-n-roses-pinball-plastic-protector-set-jjp?variant=32805546328161

Screenshot_20220127-171640_Chrome (resized).jpgScreenshot_20220127-171640_Chrome (resized).jpg
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pin Monk

Machine - For Sale
Cedar Rapids, IA
$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
The MOD Couple

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 210.00
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

€ 42.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

Machine - For Sale
Boston, MA
$ 11,000.00
8,400 (OBO)
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 19.95
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 649.95
Lighting - Interactive
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 109.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

8,249 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Temple, TX
$ 11,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 10,200.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 130.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Side Gig Studios

There are 28,402 posts in this topic. You are on page 397 of 569.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-jjp-gnr-thread/page/397 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.