23667179-56A3-4154-9BF5-F4DD8A29318E (resized).jpeg
20220515_135345 (resized).jpg
20210925_205925 (resized).jpg
PXL_20220514_002153766 (resized).jpg
16A24A0E-479A-434C-A0B6-C207DB4AE529 (resized).jpeg
E9F2885C-5E36-430C-9773-224B2B9DDE5B (resized).jpeg
IMG_20220510_234808 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

69 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 21,643 posts in this topic. You are on page 392 of 433.
#19551 4 months ago
Quoted from RA77:

Just 4 screws mate.
Take care with wiring, don't stretch or pinch during removal and re installation.
Do yourself a favour and get an correct sized open end spanner to hold top of post prior to removal.
This will help prevent further tearing of the art.

Thanks for the great advice, it ended up being a little more than four screws but I was able to avoid pulling out the wiring. The proper spanners arrived yesterday so I was set - looks much better now

#19552 4 months ago
Quoted from shovelhed:

New to owning the Goat, any printed nice game manuals out there?

Probably should wait until JJP finishes the manual. There are whole sections still missing since they canned Butch Peel (who did the best technical manuals in pinball for JJP) and Barry got handed the job of doing the manual on top of all his other duties starting with GnR.

#19553 4 months ago

I like the new way , it seems easy to challenge someone , the one thing I don't like is you have to press new game every time , it was better before when you just took a picture of the qr code and that would do it for an evening

IMG_20220121_001313 (resized).jpg
#19554 4 months ago

So how are everyones servos and spotlights holding up?
Do they all break or is it a lot better now?

Debating on buying the lermods upgrade kit and some better servos...

#19555 4 months ago
Quoted from Dantesmark:

Mine has been fine, only had to tighten a screw on left one. 550 plays. But ordered servos and upgrade kit anyway just in case.

#19556 4 months ago
Quoted from Dantesmark:

My left servo is wonky. Going to lift the PF to check the connections later.

#19557 4 months ago
Quoted from screaminr:

I like the new way , it seems easy to challenge someone , the one thing I don't like is you have to press new game every time , it was better before when you just took a picture of the qr code and that would do it for an evening
[quoted image]

386,069… Screaminr, that was a 40 minutes or 1 hour game with 5 Pinballs? or did you took the glass off mate

#19558 4 months ago

Officially joined as an owner instead of just reading all the posts for the past 8 months. Like others have done, I wanted to thank those that give tips on fixes and strategy. I already needed to make fixes for ball hanging on bass guitar wire trail and pop bumper hang. I installed the PinMonk Air Ball deflector and flipper coil fans but holding off on Start Song Cliffy since I wasn't ready to pull off the top playfield yet. I've played all of the music pins and they are ok but GNR completely got me to go for it.

The strategy tips will be very useful after I just shoot around getting used to angles and adjusting flippers. Definitely one of the more active groups, keep it going.

PinballLineup (resized).jpg
#19559 4 months ago
Quoted from snaroff:

My left servo is wonky. Going to lift the PF to check the connections later.

Last weekend my left spotlight went wonky and it turned out to be the servo for the y axis. You can run diagnostics on the spots to help figure out what’s not working. When troubleshooting you can trace the servo wires behind the spots and disconnect each servo to help identify which one is x and y. Take a picture so you remember which wire connects where. I replaced the bad servo with the emax model mentioned on this forum and works like a champ.

A couple notes from my experience to help others.

When I replaced mine, one of the holes in the bracket that the servo attaches to (there are 2 screws holding it in place) basically disintegrated, so handle with care.

When attaching the spot to the new servo, you’ll use a new screw that it comes with it (the old one is loose and isn’t secure).

There’s also a key post for this with other helpful tips.

#19561 4 months ago

Trying to get everything i need to try and bulletproof these spotlights...
Besides the mezel mods kit pictured below, can someone help with a groceey list of what else i need for all 4 lights?
Servos etc..

Screenshot_20220120-114123_AOL (resized).jpg
#19562 4 months ago
Quoted from Dantesmark:

Besides the mezel mods kit pictured below, can someone help with a groceey list of what else i need for all 4 lights?
Servos etc..[quoted image]

You’ll need 4 of these.

EMAX ES3054 20g Metal Gear Digital Servo

Part#: EMX-0102004012

I ordered mine from HobbyTown, but there are other places that might be cheaper. The servos along with the upgrade kit is all you should need.

https://www.hobbytown.com/emax-es3054-20g-metal-gear-digital-servo-emx-0102004012/p1127012?utm_source=transactional_email&utm_medium=e-mail&utm_campaign=order_complete&utm_cid=5406760&utm_content=%2femax-es3054-20g-metal-gear-digital-servo-emx-0102004012%2fp-xqyxhefqzeant4yz

#19563 4 months ago
Quoted from PinsNJeeps:

You’ll need 4 of these.
EMAX ES3054 20g Metal Gear Digital Servo
Part#: EMX-0102004012
I ordered mine from HobbyTown, but there are other places that might be cheaper. The servos along with the upgrade kit is all you should need.
https://www.hobbytown.com/emax-es3054-20g-metal-gear-digital-servo-emx-0102004012/p1127012?utm_source=transactional_email&utm_medium=e-mail&utm_campaign=order_complete&utm_cid=5406760&utm_content=%2femax-es3054-20g-metal-gear-digital-servo-emx-0102004012%2fp-xqyxhefqzeant4yz

Thx!

#19564 4 months ago
Quoted from screaminr:

[quoted image]

In theory, you shouldn't have to press New Game. If you start a new game, it won't jump to the game session in case you have work to do (challenge or share, etc)... However, it shouldn't stay there forever. We had it on a 120 second timer but got complaints it wasn't enough time, then we increased it and it was too long... so I think what we're learning is that we should get hog mode out there already.

I think this is what we'll do, though I welcome feedback:

We nuke auto-claim because it causes all sorts of multi-player issues, and replace it with the hog mode feature that has the auto-claim + kill switch but doesn't require the app to be open at all to grab and save games. Just a reminder: The way hog mode works is when you enable the feature, for games that you actually created/own yourself, there is a button you press the first time you go to play. Then, as long as you keep playing the same game within that period (there is a timer in between games you don't see), games get auto-claimed and auto-saved to leaderboard. If you walk away, or change games, or someone else plays a game, hog mode kill switch is activated, so you have to press it again to get back to the automation. This means you don't open the app at all.

Then, if you had a game you want to challenge someone with, we let you go back to that previous score detail screen and challenge from there within some kind of time period (and also share, etc.).

Thoughts?

#19565 4 months ago
Quoted from Dantesmark:

Servos etc..[quoted image]

Since you are not in a hurry, you can get them from AliExpress for 4pack @ $40+ship and save 20+ bucks.
Took a couple weeks to arrive.
https://m.aliexpress.com/item/32849379671.html?trace=wwwdetail2mobilesitedetail&spm=a2g0s.12269583.0.0.69e45270fcDbLi

Mine are fine, 2 months, 400 or so plays. I'll sell you my 4 pack of servos from Ali if you want them. Like you I bought them when I didnt need them. I woudl rather get them again if they actually broke, You can have for $48 shipped.

#19566 4 months ago
Quoted from PinsNJeeps:

Last weekend my left spotlight went wonky and it turned out to be the servo for the y axis. You can run diagnostics on the spots to help figure out what’s not working. When troubleshooting you can trace the servo wires behind the spots and disconnect each servo to help identify which one is x and y. Take a picture so you remember which wire connects where. I replaced the bad servo with the emax model mentioned on this forum and works like a champ.
A couple notes from my experience to help others.
When I replaced mine, one of the holes in the bracket that the servo attaches to (there are 2 screws holding it in place) basically disintegrated, so handle with care.
When attaching the spot to the new servo, you’ll use a new screw that it comes with it (the old one is loose and isn’t secure).
There’s also a key post for this with other helpful tips.

Thanks for the help. Here is a video of how the servos do/don't move when I run the diagnostics.

https://www.icloud.com/sharedalbum/#B0dJpT2aKJrNsFz

Is this what yours was doing?

Thanks again.

#19567 4 months ago
Quoted from snaroff:

Thanks for the help. Here is a video of how the servos do/don't move when I run the diagnostics.
https://www.icloud.com/sharedalbum/#B0dJpT2aKJrNsFz
Is this what yours was doing?
Thanks again.

Yep! This is exactly what mine was doing. Exact same behavior. It’s the y axis. I drew an arrow to the one to swap out.

Reach out if you need help.

59C5B3E8-F9CF-45B2-A1C3-2232063CFFB0 (resized).jpeg
#19568 4 months ago
Quoted from PinsNJeeps:

Yep! This is exactly what mine was doing. Exact same behavior. It’s the y axis. I drew an arrow to the one to swap out.
Reach out if you need help.
[quoted image]

Terrible picture.
Lol

#19569 4 months ago
Quoted from PinsNJeeps:

The stock bracket is terrible and the mounting way too thin for the job it has to do. I just 3D printed the one someone put on thingiverse and it's 1000x better.

#19570 4 months ago

Delete

#19571 4 months ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

The stock bracket is terrible and the mounting way too thin for the job it has to do. I just 3D printed the one someone put on thingiverse and it's 1000x better.

Cool, thank you PinMonk. Always appreciate your help and suggestions!

#19572 4 months ago
Quoted from Dantesmark:

Terrible picture.
Lol

Yeah, not my finest work. I was in the drive thru at lunch watching Snaroff’s video. Cars started moving so took a screen capture and enlarged it. It just needed to be not crappy enough to point snaroff in the right direction.

#19573 4 months ago

Anyone know where this should be located please, found in rear left of cabinet.

IMG_0990 (resized).jpg
#19574 4 months ago
Quoted from DKong:

Anyone know where this should be located please, found in rear left of cabinet.[quoted image]

I would say it is from a back box hinge bolt nut.

#19575 4 months ago

Does anyone know or can post a picture of the power supply going to the pops on an SE? Im assuming it's the same as the LE so that would work also.

Thanks

#19576 4 months ago

Have some blue thread lock ready for the record spinner. Looked all over but can’t find the posts explaining what should get some treatment. Do I put a drop in/around the large white nylon lock? I’m not 100% sure if this stuff is good for plastic so better ask than sorry

B722E20C-8E78-4FAA-B407-38416D57BE28 (resized).jpeg
#19577 4 months ago
Quoted from shokel328:

Have some blue thread lock ready for the record spinner. Looked all over but can’t find the posts explaining what should get some treatment. Do I put a drop in/around the large white nylon lock? I’m not 100% sure if this stuff is good for plastic so better ask than sorry
[quoted image]

Yeah, blue loc-tite weakens and/or melts plastics, so you don't want to do that. There is a version that works on plastic, but it's essentially superglue.

#19578 4 months ago
Quoted from DKong:

Anyone know where this should be located please, found in rear left of cabinet.[quoted image]

Should be on the coffee table - it controls the Apple TV box

[~ couldn’t resist ~]

#19579 4 months ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Yeah, blue loc-tite weakens and/or melts plastics, so you don't want to do that. There is a version that works on plastic, but it's essentially superglue.

Thanks Vic, so wasn’t there a mention of fastening the spinner somehow from under the pf, so that you wouldn’t have to level it every x amount of games? Balls getting stuck there, fix and repeat has been driving me nuts.

#19580 4 months ago
Quoted from shokel328:

Thanks Vic, so wasn’t there a mention of fastening the spinner somehow from under the pf, so that you wouldn’t have to level it every x amount of games? Balls getting stuck there, fix and repeat has been driving me nuts.

I don't remember seeing that, but I do know some people had issues with their wheels. Blue loctite on plastic is very bad, though. I do know that. Maybe someone else can chime in on the wheel tightening issue.

#19581 4 months ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

I don't remember seeing that, but I do know some people had issues with their wheels. Blue loctite on plastic is very bad, though. I do know that. Maybe someone else can chime in on the wheel tightening issue.

I didn't use any LOC tite. But you do have to put a hold on the decal on top of the record. The screw in the middle needs tightened.

The nut on the bottom needs tightened too. Once you adjust the record where you want it... Hold them and at the same time and turn the screw. Phillips head.

I only remember doing it once or twice, and that was months ago.

Never touched it with LOC tite at all.

Now I just have a tiny hole in the middle but I don't care, it plays flawlessly.

#19582 4 months ago
Quoted from Rolls-Royce:

386,069… Screaminr, that was a 40 minutes or 1 hour game with 5 Pinballs? or did you took the glass off mate

Lol , you busted me
I sent you a 2.7 million challenge last night to see if it works . If I look at challenges or VS on my profile I don't see anything but if I have a look at yours I can see it .This scorbit thing doesn't seem as simple as it could be , but I get the guys are working on it .
If you want to play 5 balls to beat it , that's fine by me

#19583 4 months ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Do you have a link to that print? Thanks!

#19584 4 months ago
Quoted from screaminr:

Lol , you busted me
I sent you a 2.7 million challenge last night to see if it works . If I look at challenges or VS on my profile I don't see anything but if I have a look at yours I can see it .This scorbit thing doesn't seem as simple as it could be , but I get the guys are working on it .
If you want to play 5 balls to beat it , that's fine by me

I saw the 2.7M challenge mate, but when I saw those 386K It was my chance to get even with you and Chaka for my scores

#19585 4 months ago
Quoted from arzoo:

I believe these are it.
https://www.thingiverse.com/agima2000/designs
is his page.

Specific to spots:

Brackets
https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:4854563

Halter
https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:4898252

#19586 4 months ago

Haven't popped onto this thread or really played my GnR for a couple of months now. I jumped onto JJP's website to see what has changed with code since I last played. Has there really not been a code update since October??? That's pretty ridiculous. There are still so many things that need polish and balancing in this game.

#19587 4 months ago
Quoted from Rolls-Royce:

I saw the 2.7M challenge mate, but when I saw those 386K It was my chance to get even with you and Chaka for my scores

Ha Ha , you're the Pinball Wizard brother , I haven't even got to 10 mil yet

#19588 4 months ago

Great customer service with Ken at jjp. Quick, to the point instruction, 3 phone calls and my opto problem was solved. He had me swap leads, look at a few things, but in the end was a bad connection from power supply, I was being too gentle, trying not to make problem worse. Thanks!!

#19589 4 months ago

Man I really am enjoying this game! Whole package is incredible. Had to put a bit of foam on the pop bumper to fix that hang-up spot. Only thing left is that bass wire form problem others have mentioned. I've loosened the spinning diverters, taken the wire form off and bent the fingers, and increased the pitch. Still gets hung up on that left most spot. Any suggestions out there for this? I searched through the thread, but am coming up empty.

#19590 4 months ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

Haven't popped onto this thread or really played my GnR for a couple of months now. I jumped onto JJP's website to see what has changed with code since I last played. Has there really not been a code update since October??? That's pretty ridiculous. There are still so many things that need polish and balancing in this game.

Agreed. And here is my echoing shameless plug for:
- stack slash solo with rest of the game (except songs)
- add multiplier boosts to album modes (i.e. first album mode you play is 1x scoring, 2nd is 2x, 3rd is 3x, 4th and final is 5x).

#19591 4 months ago
Quoted from jk2171:

Man I really am enjoying this game! Whole package is incredible. Had to put a bit of foam on the pop bumper to fix that hang-up spot. Only thing left is that bass wire form problem others have mentioned. I've loosened the spinning diverters, taken the wire form off and bent the fingers, and increased the pitch. Still gets hung up on that left most spot. Any suggestions out there for this? I searched through the thread, but am coming up empty.

I had the exact same problem. I added a clear zip tie and it fixed it 100% for me so I haven’t touched it.

Also, for those interested attached is a pic where to put the some foam (weather stripping) on the pop bumper. This was a 100% fix for me. Thanks you to whoever posted this solution before.

73BEA34A-0E73-41EC-A231-61530908A774 (resized).jpegE7DA7A05-E806-4270-AED0-6BB17191DAF0 (resized).jpeg
#19592 4 months ago
Quoted from arzoo:

Vespula linked it. WAY better than the stock one. I printed the ones for mine in PETG for durability.

In other news, had a 2.6 Million 6 ball power chord last night and a 53 million Welcome to the Jungle jackpot collected. Nailing a 6 ball power chord is so satisfying.

#19593 4 months ago

SOLD

https://littleshopofgames.com/shop/the-art-of-pinball/jersey-jack-pinball-guns-n-roses-the-art-of-pinball-set/

$500 shipped if someone would like a awesome mod for there GNR. I bought a Collectors Edition and forgot it came with them. They will need new tape.
01CD55C5-6402-4273-AD6D-0D6E5F51FE56_1_105_c (resized).jpeg08DEB4A8-0828-4DF1-933D-71C12504A059_1_105_c (resized).jpeg736C3026-C32B-4A16-AB63-9D69B75BA96D_1_105_c (resized).jpegD0366EBF-453E-4147-9EF6-689700D7DDB9_1_105_c (resized).jpeg

F7201F97-C045-441B-B19C-050969217AEB_1_105_c (resized).jpeg

#19594 4 months ago
Quoted from PinsNJeeps:

I had the exact same problem. I added a clear zip tie and it fixed it 100% for me so I haven’t touched it.
Also, for those interested attached is a pic where to put the some foam (weather stripping) on the pop bumper. This was a 100% fix for me. Thanks you to whoever posted this solution before.
[quoted image][quoted image]

I will give the zip tie a try; thanks!

#19595 4 months ago

Hey guys! I just made a video for installing the Factory topper, also if you have a factory topper already check out this amazing mod to animate the lights around the marquee!

#19596 4 months ago
Quoted from jk2171:

I will give the zip tie a try; thanks!

For what it's worth, mine would stick on the left and right tine. Turned out to be the middle two tines needed to be straightened out. Suggested by Jackrabbt. Basically taking out the curve on it...so far no issues. Best of luck.

#19597 4 months ago
Quoted from PinsNJeeps:

[quoted image][quoted image]

It looks like u put the weatherstripping directly on the pop skirt... is that correct?

#19598 4 months ago
Quoted from usafstars:

For what it's worth, mine would stick on the left and right tine. Turned out to be the middle two tines needed to be straightened out. Suggested by Jackrabbt. Basically taking out the curve on it...so far no issues. Best of luck.

I will keep an eye out for that. So far I have no issues with the middle or right path; just the left one. Screwed up some songs for me already!

#19599 4 months ago
Quoted from Dantesmark:

It looks like u put the weatherstripping directly on the pop skirt... is that correct?

Yep, correct. It’s kind of awkward to install, but you can get it there using your finger. I used the smallest I could find. $2.99 at Lowes.

#19600 4 months ago
Quoted from jk2171:

I will keep an eye out for that. So far I have no issues with the middle or right path; just the left one. Screwed up some songs for me already!

I should have explained better. Mine hung up on the left tine wall and the right tine wall...never the middle two, but straightening out the two middle ones actually fixed the issue. I know, isn't logical but it hasn't had a hang up since.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 299.00
Lighting - Interactive
Cheap Drainz Shop
$ 19.95
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
$ 60.00
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
There are 21,643 posts in this topic. You are on page 392 of 433.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, become a Pinside+ member!