IMG_20240413_155856 (resized).jpg
IMG_1426 (resized).jpeg (© Nutty 5.0)
IMG_2636.gif
IMG_2002 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2003 (resized).jpeg
1C8AE00A-E658-441F-8C85-35F46CC105C1 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3148 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

78 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 28,328 posts in this topic. You are on page 39 of 567.
#1901 3 years ago

No idea if this helps anyone but it's what I used on my Hobbit

Screenshot_2020-10-28-23-57-17-49 (resized).pngScreenshot_2020-10-28-23-57-17-49 (resized).pngScreenshot_2020-10-28-23-57-26-10 (resized).pngScreenshot_2020-10-28-23-57-26-10 (resized).png
#1902 3 years ago

My friend got his SE yesterday.

1EFAB6D8-1652-4FCC-92C8-F1D4FA4751F1 (resized).jpeg1EFAB6D8-1652-4FCC-92C8-F1D4FA4751F1 (resized).jpeg672AD71A-A641-4ED1-9C1F-D674C3474C7D (resized).jpeg672AD71A-A641-4ED1-9C1F-D674C3474C7D (resized).jpeg
#1903 3 years ago

Not sure about the overall amp/speaker setup in this pin, but if you absolutely need to get an RCA signal and all you have is an amplified speaker wire, I use a converter like this:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00009UHRE/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00

#1904 3 years ago
Quoted from Coyohtay:

Not sure about the overall amp/speaker setup in this pin, but if you absolutely need to get an RCA signal and all you have is an amplified speaker wire, I use a converter like this:
amazon.com link »

Pinnivators also sells a converter that is purpose built. Lots of ways to do it.

https://pinnovators.myshopify.com/collections/guns-n-roses-limited-edition/products/pinsub-multi-system-kit

#1905 3 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

[quoted image][quoted image]

Factory post black discs at playfield surface to hide the imperfections?

#1906 3 years ago
Quoted from Valorguy:

Factory post black discs at playfield surface to hide the imperfections?

...you’re asking the same question in all threads...(I’ll save you your time), wyopin answer you this:
-"My guess is they’re serving as a reassurance that the PF doesn’t chip in areas of frequent pooling, rather than “hiding” it...."

#1907 3 years ago
Quoted from Rolls-Royce:

...you’re asking the same question in all threads...(I’ll save you your time), Wyopin answer you this:
-"My guess is they’re serving as a reassurance that the PF doesn’t chip in areas of frequent pooling, rather than “hiding” it...."

I was going to suggest the same. They're most likely precautionary. If they had been installed from day 1 on all machines as standard, no one would bat an eye.

#1908 3 years ago
Quoted from CoolCatPinball:

I was going to suggest the same. They're most likely precautionary. If they had been installed from day 1 on all machines as standard, no one would bat an eye.

That's true..it may have brought up questions of why they were in use at the beginning, but there probably would be no magnified zoomed photos of any pooling damage and it would have been a non issue

#1909 3 years ago

The ink is brittle and doesn't stick. You will start seeing ink chip off the PF like it did on WoZ.

#1910 3 years ago
Quoted from Rolls-Royce:

...you’re asking the same question in all threads...(I’ll save you your time), Wyopin answer you this:

"Well that's a hell of gamble with a multi thousand dollar Pinball machine lieutenant" lol......
This must be another one of them Prototype SE thingies... kicking around, they're everywhere .........like Gremlins, just add water

Have a ganders after a few hundred plays beneath the washer.....lol

#1911 3 years ago

We hooked up a sound bar on a LE yesterday... I don't understand the fascination with this. This was the Bose one that fits well on top of the head.

If you hook it up downstream of the attenuator or whatever that is between the PC and the speaker box... it barely has any volume. If you hook it up in front of the little black box... volume is there, but IMO doesn't really help. If anything the whole thing gets too 'bright' and really didn't sound any better than just the speakerbox by itself IMO. I mean the base game fills out the game experience plenty. I guess YMMV

We also looked at the posts... pretty much every skinny post on the game has some level of impact in the clear. It's not restricted to slings, or high impact areas. On this game it's not rippling around the posts, but it looks like the clear is simply delaminating and ghosting around the posts. Nothing of large area at this point, but the change in the clear is evident.

IMG_0296 (resized).jpgIMG_0296 (resized).jpgIMG_0297 (resized).jpgIMG_0297 (resized).jpgIMG_0298 (resized).jpgIMG_0298 (resized).jpgIMG_0299 (resized).jpgIMG_0299 (resized).jpg
#1912 3 years ago
Quoted from Sako-TRG:

"Well that's a hell of gamble with a multi thousand dollar Pinball machine lieutenant" lol......
This must be another one of them Prototype SE thingies... kicking around, they're everywhere .........like Gremlins, just add water
Have a ganders after a few hundred plays beneath the washer.....lol

With all those multiballs, it wont take long.

#1913 3 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

washer look great

#1914 3 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

We hooked up a sound bar on a LE yesterday... I don't understand the fascination with this. This was the Bose one that fits well on top of the head.
If you hook it up downstream of the attenuator or whatever that is between the PC and the speaker box... it barely has any volume. If you hook it up in front of the little black box... volume is there, but IMO doesn't really help. If anything the whole thing gets too 'bright' and really didn't sound any better than just the speakerbox by itself IMO. I mean the base game fills out the game experience plenty. I guess YMMV
We also looked at the posts... pretty much every skinny post on the game has some level of impact in the clear. It's not restricted to slings, or high impact areas. On this game it's not rippling around the posts, but it looks like the clear is simply delaminating and ghosting around the posts. Nothing of large area at this point, but the change in the clear is evident.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Hi,

I have a couple of questions if you don't mind....
- Is this a "Prototype pin"
- The Bose Sound Bar was it the one in the attached link, this is the one I'm looking at getting.
- Not sure how you connected this but did you put the splitter in the green soundcard port then have the head unit speaker + sound bar connected to the splitter?

Was it still poor with those connections?

The Bose units claims to have a built in Amp but I guess the system may benefit from putting an inline amp between the splitter + the sound bar as in the attached to boost the sound to the Bose Sound Bar.

Size of speaker bar H5.61, W59.37, D10.21cm so wont look too bad on top.

Inline Amp

https://www.amazon.co.uk/ammoon-HA400-Ultra-compact-Headphone-Amplifier/dp/B06W9KVDYR/ref=bmx_2/258-1655126-0795903?_encoding=UTF8&pd_rd_i=B06W9KVDYR&pd_rd_r=d3556abb-1f2b-413e-8b76-e202ee7c98f2&pd_rd_w=3cKTl&pd_rd_wg=vcaGo&pf_rd_p=cda1e382-b552-49df-92d3-5c08a7b762b2&pf_rd_r=QKVNHRPXSRH6FS3P7D47&psc=1&refRID=QKVNHRPXSRH6FS3P7D47

#1915 3 years ago

Unique CE-Exclusive Playfield Artwork featuring JJP Sparkle

Showcasing Walmart special .................................black rubber washers

#1916 3 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

That is so effing terrible, i almost cant Believe it.
How the **** can you mess something like that up for, what is it? Three years? Four?

I hope JJp lawyers are having a field day and if you want a mirco playfield, hurry up, something tells me that sorry excuse for a pf-producer, will not be around much longer.

As long as my garage which has an epoxi/polyurethane floor, where i frequently park cars with studded tires look brand new. I dont for a moment belive this is somewhat undoable. Redicoulus is what it is.

#1917 3 years ago
Quoted from Dr-pin:

That is so effing terrible, i almost cant Believe it.
How the **** can you mess something like that up for, what is it? Three years? Four?
I hope JJp lawyers are having a field day and if you want a mirco playfield, hurry up, something tells me that sorry excuse for a pf-producer, will not be around much longer.
As long as my garage which has an epoxi/polyurethane floor, where i frequently park cars with studded tires look brand new. I dont for a moment belive this is somewhat undoable. Redicoulus is what it is.

So what is Stern doing with the Avengers issues?

#1918 3 years ago
Quoted from Sako-TRG:

Hi,
I have a couple of questions if you don't mind....
- Is this a "Prototype pin"
- The Bose Sound Bar was it the one in the attached link, this is the one I'm looking at getting.
- Not sure how you connected this but did you put the splitter in the green soundcard port then have the head unit speaker + sound bar connected to the splitter?
Was it still poor with those connections?
The Bose units claims to have a built in Amp but I guess the system may benefit from putting an inline amp between the splitter + the sound bar as in the attached to boost the sound to the Bose Sound Bar.

I believe the model was the Solo 5 - https://www.bose.com/en_us/products/speakers/home_theater/bose-solo-5-tv-sound-system.html#v=solo_5_black

The wiring is there is a 3.5mm jack out of the PC, to an inline module, to the speaker box (where presumably the audio amp for the speakers is). Someone mentioned the inline module was a ground isolator, but all I know is if we plugged in downstream of it, the soundbar could not get loud at all, plugging in ahead of it got volume you'd expect from a small speaker.

so we basically had PC -> splitter -> one path to soundbar, one path to factory path.. module to speaker box. The soundbar on its own was INFERIOR to the JJP speaker setup.

The bose solo 5 also has a very weak power input jack.. the cable easily wiggled out and the factory wire didn't look long enough to reach the service outlet. While it has rubber feet that felt snug on top of the cabinet, the shaker motor seems to be able to move it around. So you'd have to actually secure it with velcro or a bracket.

I just don't see any reason to add the soundbar - the game is plenty loud on its own and sounds very good. Those adding a sub.. ok, for different effect.. but I think the soundbar is a waste IMO.

#1919 3 years ago
Quoted from Rolls-Royce:

So you have no answer, lol...

#1920 3 years ago
Quoted from Sako-TRG:

Unique CE-Exclusive Playfield Artwork featuring JJP Sparkle
Showcasing Walmart special .................................black rubber washers

EXACTLY !

#1921 3 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

It should be ok, but for the 3.5mm to RCA you typically only use one RCA on a sub since it is a mono signal. Depends on the sub. Just hook up the white one and see if it works.

agree...something like this is all you need
https://www.amazon.com/SIENOC-3-5mm-Cable-Audio-3-5mm-RCA/dp/B07G95YWGG/ref=sr_1_4

So let me ask this .... can you then use the other RCA terminal to add a second machine too? Basically run 2 machines off of one sub?

#1922 3 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

I dont care one bit about stern and their playfields.

Only Three stern games i´m even mildly interested in.....
Lord of the rings
Simpson pinball party
Beatles

In that order.

#1923 3 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

I believe the model was the Solo 5 - https://www.bose.com/en_us/products/speakers/home_theater/bose-solo-5-tv-sound-system.html#v=solo_5_black
The wiring is there is a 3.5mm jack out of the PC, to an inline module, to the speaker box (where presumably the audio amp for the speakers is). Someone mentioned the inline module was a ground isolator, but all I know is if we plugged in downstream of it, the soundbar could not get loud at all, plugging in ahead of it got volume you'd expect from a small speaker.
so we basically had PC -> splitter -> one path to soundbar, one path to factory path.. module to speaker box. The soundbar on its own was INFERIOR to the JJP speaker setup.
The bose solo 5 also has a very weak power input jack.. the cable easily wiggled out and the factory wire didn't look long enough to reach the service outlet. While it has rubber feet that felt snug on top of the cabinet, the shaker motor seems to be able to move it around. So you'd have to actually secure it with velcro or a bracket.
I just don't see any reason to add the soundbar - the game is plenty loud on its own and sounds very good. Those adding a sub.. ok, for different effect.. but I think the soundbar is a waste IMO.

Thank you, that was very helpful
I think the newer model Bose I have linked has a built in amp, this is the only thing I could pull from the Bose website though:

I may still go with the newer model Bose and if crap, buy an inline amp.

Screen Shot 10-28-20 at 05.22 PM (resized).PNGScreen Shot 10-28-20 at 05.22 PM (resized).PNG
#1924 3 years ago
Quoted from Dr-pin:

I dont care one bit about stern and their playfields.
Only Three stern games i´m even mildly interested in.....
Lord of the rings
Simpson pinball party
Beatles
In that order.

Are you getting GNR?

#1925 3 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

Here’s an Avengers LE

3BDD3EDA-FDA0-42B6-9DA0-80FACD95C540 (resized).jpeg3BDD3EDA-FDA0-42B6-9DA0-80FACD95C540 (resized).jpegB6866907-3924-4DB5-99D2-C76C261DE051 (resized).jpegB6866907-3924-4DB5-99D2-C76C261DE051 (resized).jpeg
#1926 3 years ago
Quoted from fastchef:

Here’s an Avengers LE[quoted image][quoted image]

oh my looking like pooling is not just at the post hole?

#1927 3 years ago

Just a friendly reminder, this is the Owners thread. Not the JJP/Stern playfield issues thread.

#1928 3 years ago

SE just arrived, will get some pictures tonight after unboxing!

#1929 3 years ago

Does anyone know what a CE is going for on the open market or if any have actually changed hand, what it or they went for? Back on topic!

#1930 3 years ago
Quoted from TheCoinSlotTC:

SE just arrived, will get some pictures tonight after unboxing!

Be sure to strip down the playfield and pull up those black washers to see what's hiding underneath.

#1931 3 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

Be sure to strip down the playfield and pull up those black washers to see what's hiding underneath.

#1932 3 years ago
Quoted from CoolCatPinball:

Just a friendly reminder, this is the Owners thread. Not the JJP/Stern playfield issues thread.

Just wanted to show it’s not only JJP. I am also in on a GNR CE.

#1933 3 years ago
Quoted from wcbrandes:Does anyone know what a CE is going for on the open market or if any have actually changed hand, what it or they went for? Back on topic!

Some guy sold his position for $8K....money went to charity

#1934 3 years ago
Quoted from Sako-TRG:

Thank you, that was very helpful
I think the newer model Bose I have linked has a built in amp, this is the only thing I could pull from the Bose website though:
I may still go with the newer model Bose and if crap, buy an inline amp.[quoted image]

All the TV sound bars have an amp... they are self powered speakers driven by a digital or line-input.

#1935 3 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

All the TV sound bars have an amp... they are self powered speakers driven by a digital or line-input.

It will be interesting to see how JJP is connecting the CE topper/speakers, and whether or not theres additional software settings?

#1936 3 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

It will be interesting to see how JJP is connecting the CE topper/speakers, and whether or not theres additional software settings?

Well their speakerbar is also the base for their cabinet lighting, etc.. so they have hardware in there it would be easy to do things like a crossover, etc if they cared to.

I just don't think its needed at all.. and this recent experience just reaffirmed that belief. Especially after we had the game indoors this time (vs in a garage before). The game filled the garage with sound on its own. At like volume 40 indoors the game is intolerably loud on its own. Fidelity doesn't come across as a problem at all. But maybe we missed something... or my ears just suck that bad. I'd say save your money.

#1937 3 years ago

What about instead of the soundbar solution ---> 1 for the looks with the grill off, and 2 for the larger dome/cone for a richer sound

Just ideas below, nothing techwise specific, just the first examples I searched up and found

https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1567880-REG/polk_audio_cs10_black_cs10_series_2_way_center_channel.html/?ap=y&smp=y

https://www.amazon.com/Power-Home-HiFi-Stereo-Amplifier/dp/B0071HZ5LE/ref=sr_1_4
Screenshot 2020-10-28 143931 (resized).pngScreenshot 2020-10-28 143931 (resized).pngScreenshot 2020-10-28 144045 (resized).pngScreenshot 2020-10-28 144045 (resized).png

#1938 3 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

We also looked at the posts... pretty much every skinny post on the game has some level of impact in the clear. It's not restricted to slings, or high impact areas. On this game it's not rippling around the posts, but it looks like the clear is simply delaminating and ghosting around the posts. Nothing of large area at this point, but the change in the clear is evident.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I wonder if these are the new Spectrum TM playfields or they're using up old stock , either way I'm definitely gonna wait for a while and see what happens .

#1939 3 years ago

After connecting the external sub last night, I’d recommend everyone wanting to upgrade the audio start there and then if that isn’t impactful enough consider a properly connected full range soundbar once someone figures out the best way to connect it. I’d recommend copying the connections the CE model uses.

#1940 3 years ago

Everyone's obsession with the sound coming from these machines is incredible !

#1941 3 years ago
Quoted from Valorguy:

Everyone's obsession with the sound coming from these machines is incredible !

Well it is a concert after all. Pretty important!!

#1942 3 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

Well it is a concert after all. Pretty important!!

Listen to Eric's first point during his interview with Zach. Concert experience. Sound and lights and fun.

#1943 3 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

Are you getting GNR?

That was the plan. Allthough my wife is stern on no new pins until the gameroom is complete, wich is hopefully this spring.

#1944 3 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

Some guy sold his position for $8K....money went to charity

I would sell my ce spot for 8k. And if you need to link it to a charity it can be "distraught husbands verbally abused by their wives for buying too many pinball machines".

#1945 3 years ago
Quoted from seger10494:

I would sell my ce spot for 8k. And if you need to link it to a charity it can be "distraught husbands verbally abused by their wives for buying too many pinball machines".

I think many would....

#1946 3 years ago

Probably a stupid question, but wont be the first or last one I ask. The inner loop shot that goes through the pops, mine hits the pops every time, but is it supposed to?

It seems as if its supposed to continue the other way, like an "s" of sorts. Anyone have to adjust this?

#1947 3 years ago
Quoted from jandrea95:

Probably a stupid question, but wont be the first or last one I ask. The inner loop shot that goes through the pops, mine hits the pops every time, but is it supposed to?
It seems as if its supposed to continue the other way, like an "s" of sorts. Anyone have to adjust this?

For what it’s worth in every stream that I’ve seen it always 100% of the time goes to the pops

#1948 3 years ago
Quoted from jandrea95:

No you can repeat that loop shot.

Oh wait, I’m talking about the loop off of the upper right flipper. I think you’re talking about something else.

#1949 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinball-Obsessed:

No you can repeat that loop shot.
Oh wait, I’m talking about the loop off of the upper right flipper. I think you’re talking about something else.

I’m probably explaining poorly. Hope this pic helps.

I assume the shot is supposed to follow that yellow line. Mine always gets caught in the pops.

5A7BDFD0-6E88-47B0-8363-122C363B2A2C (resized).jpeg5A7BDFD0-6E88-47B0-8363-122C363B2A2C (resized).jpeg
#1950 3 years ago
Quoted from jandrea95:

I’m probably explaining poorly. Hope this pic helps.
I assume the shot is supposed to follow that yellow line. Mine always gets caught in the pops.
[quoted image]

That shot goes to the top lanes some of the time.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

8,245 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Georgetown, KY
$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 11,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pin Monk

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Machine - For Sale
Springfield, MO
$ 24.75
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 130.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

8,250 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Glendora, CA
$ 11,000.00
€ 42.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 10,200.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 210.00
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 109.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

8,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Anaheim, CA
$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 19.95
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

There are 28,328 posts in this topic. You are on page 39 of 567.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-jjp-gnr-thread/page/39 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.