pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_5643 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5642 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2460.gif
IMG_0503 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2451 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot 2024-03-22 at 1.26.23 PM (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

78 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 28,103 posts in this topic. You are on page 389 of 563.
#19401 2 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Should be a standard 8x32 or 6x32 standoff, Lowes, home depot, etc should have.

Pretty chunky. It's probably a 10-32.

#19402 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Pretty chunky. It's probably a 10-32.

Could be, on sterns I haven't run across bigger than a 8x

#19403 2 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Could be, on sterns I haven't run across bigger than a 8x

I believe the coil stops on Stern are 10-32

#19404 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

I believe the coil stops on Stern are 10-32

Standoffs? To hold ramp on is all

#19405 2 years ago

Alright Gunner fans. This is my first draft of the Song/Album mode objectives. Keep in mind for the song modes; a lot of them have some sort of variation to them as you get deeper into the song. I captured a few of these nuances but not many as this is my first draft of the objectives - this first version is more on the core of the song objectives. Feel free to add or PM me additional details and I’ll do my best to keep this updated.

GNR Song/Album Modes
v1.00

• Album - Chinese Democracy

Album Mode - so you want to play a game:
Blue/white shots are good and will progress to complete mode. Hitting a Red/Yellow are bad will break your success streak. Get enough blue/white shots to complete. I believe the longer the streak of successful blue/white shots without hitting a red/yellow, the higher your score (and quicker the mode?) will be.

Better: 2-group shots will be lit. They will either be the left ramp + left loop, right ramp + right loop, or center spinner + inner loop. The shots will stay lit even as you hit them and will only alternate with the changes of the song. I believe this is the song that changes to only the spinning record as the main shot during the solo.

Chinese democracy: all main shots are lit and will stay lit even as you hit them. They are the left loop, fog or power chord on upper pf, inner loop, center spinner, right ramp, right loop, and under flipper. As you progress further in the song, the shots will begin to unlight as you hit them making it harder to progress.

This Love: 4 roving targets on left side of playfield (left loop + CD target + left ramp + AFD target) and 4 roving targets on right side of playfield (right loop + UYI2 target + right ramp + UYI1 target). Roving shots stay lit even when you hit them, they change position on a timed pattern to the music.
« Spoiler! Click to reveal. this song has become my guilty pleasure. Both for its rules and the song itself. Shhhhh »

• Album - Use your illusion I:

Album mode - Desert Demolition:
Objective is to wipe out all 7 band members and win the race. Your racer (in red on display) will be in last place on the display. Whichever band member you’re next to, their shot will be lit - hit it and you will wipe them out. You can hold the action button to speed up your racer to get next to other band members. When you’re not holding the action button, your racer will slowly go back to last place again. Switch hits build your turbo meter for action button. Wipe out all 7 racers to win.

Coma:
Just about all shots are lit. Hit anyone then Coma lights, hit it, and all shots light again. Rinse + repeat through the waves. It’s a long song but I believe it may change later in the song.

Double talking Jive:
Very similar to my Michelle. 2 roving targets follow each other clockwise around the playfield but at a much slower pace than my Michelle.

November Rain:
switch frenzy that gets increasingly more difficult each wave.

Live and let die:
Wave-1: get all 4 targets which will light the center spinner for final shot.
Wave-2: get the 4 shots of 2 ramps + 2 outside loops which lights center spinner for final shot.
Wave-3: get all the 8 shots above to light center spinner for final shot
Following waves I believe are the same, good luck getting that far, short song.

Don’t Cry:
Objectives switch every other wave. 1st & 2nd wave is left ramp + 2 right targets. 3rd & 4th is right ramp + 2 left targets and so forth. Halfway through the song objectives switch to Coma, JAM, + Pyro targets. Then switches back; I believe it mixed the 3 different objectives near the end. Shots stay lit but get progressively harder near the end where made shots unlight.

• Album - Use Your Illusion II:

Album Mode - Tear down the Wall:
All 6 main shots will be lit and represent a poster on the wall (display). Each poster on the wall on the display represents a shot on the playfield which is in order from left to right. If the cannon is pointed at an undamaged poster, the shot will be red and the action button will be lit red. Hit action button to blow a hole in the poster/wall and that shot will be inactive/damaged. You must then move the cannon to the next target by spinning the slash record. If you successfully spin it to an undamaged poster, the shot will light red and so will the action button. Hit action button - rinse + repeat.
If you hit an undamaged regular lit shot that the cannon is not pointing at, you will add a scoring multiplier to that shot that can stack with consecutive shots and will increase its score when the cannon is pointed at that shot and you hit action button to blow it up.
If at anytime you hit a shot that you had blown a hole in (i.e. an unlit shot) it will relight the shot and the wall/poster for that shot will need to be blown again.
Hint: whichever direction you spin the slash record, the cannon will move that same direction (i.e. clockwise or counterclockwise). Additionally, the cannon will not move any further than the far left or right loop shot, unless you get the UYI-2 patch then the cannon can wrap around past the loop and move to the other side of the playfield. This patch is critical to complete the mode.

You could be mine:
one shot is always lit. The shot changes each wave.

Civil War: inner loop is always lit + either the right ramp, left loop, right loop, or Left ramp (alternates with song).

Estranged:
There will be 4 static shots and one roving shot always lit. Depending on where you are in the song, the pattern will be one of two methods. Typical (start) - 4 album targets always lit + roving shot on loops or ramps. Alternate: 2 loops + 2 ramps always lit + roving album target.

• Album - Appetite for Destruction

Album mode - defeat the robot:
All main shots are lit. Whichever shot you make, all other shots will go away and you can hit that same shot an addition 3 times (on a hurry up timer) to do damage. If you hit the same shot 3x or if the hurry up timer runs out, all shots will light again. During the hurry up phase you can freeze the timer with a shot under the upper flipper. Additionally, targets will be lit green - if you hit them they will build your energy. Collect enough energy to get an attack with the action button. Get robot to 0 health then hit action button to complete.

It’s so easy:
This is a shot frenzy (not switch frenzy). Every shot is lit, 10 shots complete the wave. Each shot you make will no longer be a qualified shot until you pass the wave.

MR Brownstone:
Inner spinner is lit. Hit it and it will light 2 or 3 shots. Early on the 3 shots are left loop, left ramp, and center scoop. Hit one of those shots and inner spinner will light again. Alternate until you pass the wave. Depending where you are at in the song, the lit shots after hitting inner spinner will be different.

Sweet child o’ mine:
2 loop shots lit. Hit either one and the 2 shots will switch to the ramps. These bank of two shots alternate back and forth as you hit them. The scoop will also be lit early on and periodically through song.

Welcome to the jungle:
This song is a bit of a jungle. Starts off with most the shots lit. Next wave switches to loops but when you hit one the shots switch to targets. Midway only the inner loop shot will be lit; unfortunately the right ramp detour will not divert (bug?). Then it goes back to all shots but as you make one it switches to targets, loops, ramps, then just the coma for awhile.

My Michelle: 2 hurry up roving targets move clockwise to the tempo of the song.

Out ta get me:
4 left shots will be lit (left loop + left ramp + 2 targets). It switches to the 4 right shots (right loop + right ramp + 2 targets. It switches back & forth based on where you are in the song, not after each wave (i.e. more of a timed mode).

Paradise City: x amount of pops hits will light one of the major shots. Subsequent pops hits will light more major shots. Make one of the lit shots and it will remain unlit until pops relight it. If nothing is lit, shoot the pops.

Night Train:
1/4 of song waves alternate from both ramps to 4 album targets
2/4 of song is the AXL lanes
3/4 of song is ramps
4/4 of song is AXL lanes

Rocket queen: CW + CCW moving shot. The 5 main shots (left loop, left ramp, inner spinner, right ramp, right loop) are the shots that will light for this mode. Only one song shot will be lit at a time and The song shot stays planted until you make it. It starts on the left loop and makes its way around CW until you light the scoop. On the next wave it starts on the right loop and will make its way CCW around the playfield. Each time you start a new wave it alternates the start position from left loop (CW) to right loop (CCW).

Paradise City: x amount of pops hits will light one of the major shots. Subsequent pops hits will light more major shots. Make one of the lit shots and it will remain unlit until pops relight it. If nothing is lit, shoot the pops.

#19406 2 years ago
Quoted from R_Coles:

Stupidly snapped the threading off this standoff that secures the bass ramp…anyone know this part number? Don’t see it in the assemblies from the manual.
[quoted image]

Seems like it's a 5/8" 8-32 female to male hex standoff.

#19407 2 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Standoffs? To hold ramp on is all

No, the screws on the coil stops are 10-32.

But I think this is a 5/8" 8-32 female to male post hex standoff, looking at it on mine.

#19408 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

No, the screws on the coil stops are 10-32.
But I think this is a 5/8" 8-32 female to male post hex standoff, looking at it on mine.

Yup, thought it was too. I was only speaking of the standoff sizes

#19409 2 years ago

What's the difference between Jukebox manual and auto? I chose manual and the action button just plays the song, no lightshow or any display. So it's attract mode with music?

#19410 2 years ago

How did I get this "Game Logo" patch?

20220116_194608 (resized).jpg20220116_194608 (resized).jpg
#19411 2 years ago

Greetings All - Joining the GnR club in a few hours... question: Does a list exist yet of "Things to check on/watch out for" on a new GnR?

Examples:

-The upper magnet tends to overheat and trip the thermal fuse (contacting coil)
-The flippers typically could use some cooling
-Most (or all?) of the posts could use plastic washers as pooling --> chipping has been seen
-The spotlights are common failure points (sagging) (where is the failure point? pivots?)
-I've heard the center screw on the record sometimes loosens and becomes uneven....and its under a sticker
-The guitar lock screws can come out

Anyone got a list like this?

Also, what is this I hear about a $500 backup playfield/insurance?

Forgive me if I missed this in the threads - I did check before posting. ^_^ Thanks y'all.

#19412 2 years ago
Quoted from ThePhysicsGuy:

Greetings All - Joining the GnR club in a few hours... question: Does a list exist yet of "Things to check on/watch out for" on a new GnR?
Examples:
-Most (or all?) of the posts could use plastic washers as pooling --> chipping has been seen
-The spotlights are common failure points (sagging) (where is the failure point? pivots?)
-I've heard the center screw on the record sometimes loosens and becomes uneven....and its under a sticker
Forgive me if I missed this in the threads - I did check before posting. ^_^ Thanks y'all.

I think the newer games have many issues sorted out. You need pinmonk’s flipper cooling fans. That is a must. The $500 is for a new unpopulated playfield once the run of games is over. It’s not insurance. To me it’s expensive wall art unless you can swap a playfield. Not many are confident enough to do this

#19413 2 years ago

Examples:

Only a few issues here. Bass ramp was high on upper end and ball would get stuck. Bent it down and no issues. Any 2 or 3 post combo with a ring around it will need a larger ring and washers under it. The ones that did not have a washer under on mine and a friend's, both have a tiny wrinkle from post being pulled over. Other than that, it's been great.

20220114_161555 (resized).jpg20220114_161555 (resized).jpg20220114_161605 (resized).jpg20220114_161605 (resized).jpg20220114_161642 (resized).jpg20220114_161642 (resized).jpg
#19414 2 years ago

Examples:

Go to the top of the page. Click on the topic index link. Click on keypost summary to sort the list, and there's a link there to technical things to check as well as one post that summarizes a checklist for new games. That list is a little outdated because many of the PF issues have been fixed on newer machines builds since late last summer. If you're buying NIB you can probably ignore that part. If used, DO NOT ignore that PF bulletproofing stuff.

#19415 2 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Alright Gunner fans. This is my first draft of the Song/Album mode objectives. Keep in mind for the song modes; a lot of them have some sort of variation to them as you get deeper into the song. I captured a few of these nuances but not many as this is my first draft of the objectives - this first version is more on the core of the song objectives. Feel free to add or PM me additional details and I’ll do my best to keep this updated.
GNR Song/Album Modes
v1.00
• Album - Chinese Democracy
Album Mode - so you want to play a game:
Blue/white shots are good and will progress to complete mode. Hitting a Red/Yellow are bad will break your success streak. Get enough blue/white shots to complete. I believe the longer the streak of successful blue/white shots without hitting a red/yellow, the higher your score (and quicker the mode?) will be.
Better: 2-group shots will be lit. They will either be the left ramp + left loop, right ramp + right loop, or center spinner + inner loop. The shots will stay lit even as you hit them and will only alternate with the changes of the song. I believe this is the song that changes to only the spinning record as the main shot during the solo.
Chinese democracy: all main shots are lit and will stay lit even as you hit them. They are the left loop, fog or power chord on upper pf, inner loop, center spinner, right ramp, right loop, and under flipper. As you progress further in the song, the shots will begin to unlight as you hit them making it harder to progress.
This Love: 4 roving targets on left side of playfield (left loop + CD target + left ramp + AFD target) and 4 roving targets on right side of playfield (right loop + UYI2 target + right ramp + UYI1 target). Roving shots stay lit even when you hit them, they change position on a timed pattern to the music.
« Spoiler! Click to reveal. this song has become my guilty pleasure. Both for its rules and the song itself. Shhhhh »
• Album - Use your illusion I:
Album mode - Desert Demolition:
Objective is to wipe out all 7 band members and win the race. Your racer (in red on display) will be in last place on the display. Whichever band member you’re next to, their shot will be lit - hit it and you will wipe them out. You can hold the action button to speed up your racer to get next to other band members. When you’re not holding the action button, your racer will slowly go back to last place again. Switch hits build your turbo meter for action button. Wipe out all 7 racers to win.
Coma:
Just about all shots are lit. Hit anyone then Coma lights, hit it, and all shots light again. Rinse + repeat through the waves. It’s a long song but I believe it may change later in the song.
Double talking Jive:
Very similar to my Michelle. 2 roving targets follow each other clockwise around the playfield but at a much slower pace than my Michelle.
November Rain:
switch frenzy that gets increasingly more difficult each wave.
Live and let die:
Wave-1: get all 4 targets which will light the center spinner for final shot.
Wave-2: get the 4 shots of 2 ramps + 2 outside loops which lights center spinner for final shot.
Wave-3: get all the 8 shots above to light center spinner for final shot
Following waves I believe are the same, good luck getting that far, short song.
Don’t Cry:
Objectives switch every other wave. 1st & 2nd wave is left ramp + 2 right targets. 3rd & 4th is right ramp + 2 left targets and so forth. Halfway through the song objectives switch to Coma, JAM, + Pyro targets. Then switches back; I believe it mixed the 3 different objectives near the end. Shots stay lit but get progressively harder near the end where made shots unlight.
• Album - Use Your Illusion II:
Album Mode - Tear down the Wall:
All 6 main shots will be lit and represent a poster on the wall (display). Each poster on the wall on the display represents a shot on the playfield which is in order from left to right. If the cannon is pointed at an undamaged poster, the shot will be red and the action button will be lit red. Hit action button to blow a hole in the poster/wall and that shot will be inactive/damaged. You must then move the cannon to the next target by spinning the slash record. If you successfully spin it to an undamaged poster, the shot will light red and so will the action button. Hit action button - rinse + repeat.
If you hit an undamaged regular lit shot that the cannon is not pointing at, you will add a scoring multiplier to that shot that can stack with consecutive shots and will increase its score when the cannon is pointed at that shot and you hit action button to blow it up.
If at anytime you hit a shot that you had blown a hole in (i.e. an unlit shot) it will relight the shot and the wall/poster for that shot will need to be blown again.
Hint: whichever direction you spin the slash record, the cannon will move that same direction (i.e. clockwise or counterclockwise). Additionally, the cannon will not move any further than the far left or right loop shot, unless you get the UYI-2 patch then the cannon can wrap around past the loop and move to the other side of the playfield. This patch is critical to complete the mode.
You could be mine:
one shot is always lit. The shot changes each wave.
Civil War: inner loop is always lit + either the right ramp, left loop, right loop, or Left ramp (alternates with song).
Estranged:
There will be 4 static shots and one roving shot always lit. Depending on where you are in the song, the pattern will be one of two methods. Typical (start) - 4 album targets always lit + roving shot on loops or ramps. Alternate: 2 loops + 2 ramps always lit + roving album target.
• Album - Appetite for Destruction
Album mode - defeat the robot:
All main shots are lit. Whichever shot you make, all other shots will go away and you can hit that same shot an addition 3 times (on a hurry up timer) to do damage. If you hit the same shot 3x or if the hurry up timer runs out, all shots will light again. During the hurry up phase you can freeze the timer with a shot under the upper flipper. Additionally, targets will be lit green - if you hit them they will build your energy. Collect enough energy to get an attack with the action button. Get robot to 0 health then hit action button to complete.
It’s so easy:
This is a shot frenzy (not switch frenzy). Every shot is lit, 10 shots complete the wave. Each shot you make will no longer be a qualified shot until you pass the wave.
MR Brownstone:
Inner spinner is lit. Hit it and it will light 2 or 3 shots. Early on the 3 shots are left loop, left ramp, and center scoop. Hit one of those shots and inner spinner will light again. Alternate until you pass the wave. Depending where you are at in the song, the lit shots after hitting inner spinner will be different.
Sweet child o’ mine:
2 loop shots lit. Hit either one and the 2 shots will switch to the ramps. These bank of two shots alternate back and forth as you hit them. The scoop will also be lit early on and periodically through song.
Welcome to the jungle:
This song is a bit of a jungle. Starts off with most the shots lit. Next wave switches to loops but when you hit one the shots switch to targets. Midway only the inner loop shot will be lit; unfortunately the right ramp detour will not divert (bug?). Then it goes back to all shots but as you make one it switches to targets, loops, ramps, then just the coma for awhile.
My Michelle: 2 hurry up roving targets move clockwise to the tempo of the song.
Out ta get me:
4 left shots will be lit (left loop + left ramp + 2 targets). It switches to the 4 right shots (right loop + right ramp + 2 targets. It switches back & forth based on where you are in the song, not after each wave (i.e. more of a timed mode).
Night Train:
1/4 of song waves alternate from both ramps to 4 album targets
2/4 of song is the AXL lanes
3/4 of song is ramps
4/4 of song is AXL lanes
Rocket queen: CW + CCW moving shot. The 5 main shots (left loop, left ramp, inner spinner, right ramp, right loop) are the shots that will light for this mode. Only one song shot will be lit at a time and The song shot stays planted until you make it. It starts on the left loop and makes its way around CW until you light the scoop. On the next wave it starts on the right loop and will make its way CCW around the playfield. Each time you start a new wave it alternates the start position from left loop (CW) to right loop (CCW).

THANK YOU! Great contribution.

#19416 2 years ago
Quoted from Dantesmark:

It looks like that set sits flush w the edge of the game plastics... there isnt any overhang.
Is that correct?
Also...which part is the hardest to install or was it easy?

Yeah, they’re flush with the plastics, no overhang. Install wasn’t horrible, removing the upper playfield to access the spot above the middle scoop was probably the most cumbersome, but all in all took maybe 2-3 hours to install everything.

#19417 2 years ago

Examples:

Congrats. What Mattyk said.
Just start playing it. All your other items are things that have happened to a few to file away in your brain. I created a new GnR slogan when it comes to all the issues... Don't expect, just play and inspect!

#19418 2 years ago

Loving my GnR. I just added a nice HUO AC/DC Premium to the lineup Friday night. GnR is the far superior game, but AC/DC is a great game too. Who else owns them both, and what are your thoughts?

20220116_205402.jpg20220116_205402.jpg
#19419 2 years ago

So speaking of playfields, my machine will be from this year and I know people have had better success with the changes JJP made over the summer, but I’m still planning on ordering a replacement playfield just in case. I’ve done a playfield swap (and full restoration) before so I have an idea what that would involve. My question though is whether to get the upper playfield or not? I think it’s another $250 if I recall correctly. Have people had many problems with the upper playfield? I figuring it won’t take as much abuse, but I’ve only played an LE a few times. So for those who are ordering a replacement are you getting both or just the main playfield?

#19420 2 years ago
Quoted from mmuglia:

Loving my GnR. I just added a nice HUO AC/DC Premium to the lineup Friday night. GnR is the far superior game, but AC/DC is a great game too. Who else owns them both, and what are your thoughts?
[quoted image]

AC/DC Prem/LE is on a short list of pins I'd have again. Had a LTBR LE and loved it.

#19421 2 years ago

Super frustrating game.

Just played a 32 minute game. 5 songs. Cashed out on all but one jackpot. Total score was 40million. Like what the heck man. None of the jackpots would grow. None of the song levels would raise.

Yes I played the multiballs. Multiple times. Yes I had all the patches. Fender, vater, duff, gun, rose, thunder, etc...

It was really weird. I was killing it and the score wasn't going up.

Meanwhile in an earlier game I missed a 67 million jackpot.

This game is so fun, but the frustration level out off the charts. This time, this game, seems just out of whack. Like ..... Wtf was wrong!?!?

My gc is 199 million. This game was 32 MINUTES and it was 40 million total.

Ugh. I haven't had a really good score In a really long time!

#19422 2 years ago
Quoted from Vespula:

How did I get this "Game Logo" patch?[quoted image]

It's the special and it's not coded into the game yet.

#19423 2 years ago

Hey everyone - first time, long time. I would classify myself as noob and lurker. I’ve been in the hobby for about 5 years and still learning. I don’t take the hobby as life or death and I’m here to have fun.

I’m amazed at how skilled many of you are. I can’t imagine being able to play a game long enough to collect enough patches to get some of your high scores. 32M is my GC and I think I was drinking when I got it! Most of the jackpots I lose are in the 7-10M range. I hate that damn applause jackpot!

I’ve been a lurker on Pinside for a long time, but there is no question I am addicted to this owner’s thread. I think it’s because the journey to receive my GnR took almost a year from order date and I’ve followed many of your journeys along the way.

I own 5 pins. GnR is my second NIB pin and first JJP. There is no doubt this pin has required the most tweaking to get it playable out of the box. I was surprised, but a friend warned me about this compared to my Sterns. He said be prepared to get your hands dirty getting it dialed in.

One of the things I have always tried to do, whether at work or in my personal life is to provide credit, where credit is due. I certainly cannot name everyone who has unknowing helped me, but I would like to mention and thank the following folks for their contributions to this thread. Your help has been greatly appreciated.

@PinMonk
@LTG
@Vespula
@zaphX
@PinWoofer
@fooflighter
@Eskaybee
@Hayfarmer

I know there are others whose posts have helped me, so please don’t be offended if I didn’t name you. I’ve tried to take notes along the way, but I can’t remember every person and every thing I fixed.

BTW what ever happened to that chupacabra guy (@thechakapakuni)? I hope he is well.

#19424 2 years ago
Quoted from PinsNJeeps:

BTW what ever happened to that chupacabra guy (thechakapakuni)? I hope he is well.

Chupacabra? Haha...totally different.

I was able to contact thechakapakuni right after new years and he said he's fine. He is still active elsewhere online. I assume he's taking a break from Pinside.

(also, thanks for the recognition, it's appreciated, but LTG certainly should have been listed first!)

#19425 2 years ago
Quoted from mmuglia:

[quoted image]

We have both... ACDC has been in our collection for 6 years, Gunners for 6 weeks. If I had to pick which one I like better right now it would be ACDC.

#19426 2 years ago

How is everyone handling the chip playfield issues? I have a chance to get a used one but of course there is a chip behind a metal post. Are we filling them in with something? Covering with washers? Thanks for the input. Just trying to get a game plan. At 10.5 not sure if i should even mess with it.

#19427 2 years ago
Quoted from Jon9508:

How is everyone handling the chip playfield issues? I have a chance to get a used one but of course there is a chip behind a metal post. Are we filling them in with something? Covering with washers? Thanks for the input. Just trying to get a game plan. At 10.5 not sure if i should even mess with it.

You can get a new one from the more recent builds for around that price. I would do NIB.

#19428 2 years ago
Quoted from Jon9508:

At that price I wouldn't mess with used ... new is available for 500 bucks more. This fall when there isn't anything but used available, then ok

Edit. Like pinmonk said

#19429 2 years ago

There are still 2,000 LE’s to be built and people are listing used machines for MSRP with chips on the playfield. Just crazy what the market is like right now.

#19430 2 years ago
Quoted from Jon9508:

I covered them up with black carbon fiber cliffy rings. Thinner than washers and hides the damage decently.

Will get a replacement playfield when available.

#19431 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Seems like it's a 5/8" 8-32 female to male hex standoff.

PinMonk Hayfarmer Thanks fellas, confirmed it is 5/8 and 8-32, much appreciated!

#19432 2 years ago

Someone save me from myself… had the rubber just above the left Outlane break and I can’t remember if it goes around all 3 posts or just 2…. Seemed loose when I did it on 2 so I have it like this now:

D46497AD-20BE-4A0E-9F81-CEE2516D6E1B (resized).jpegD46497AD-20BE-4A0E-9F81-CEE2516D6E1B (resized).jpeg
#19433 2 years ago

2. Maybe this helps
Screenshot_20220117-154118_Gallery (resized).jpgScreenshot_20220117-154118_Gallery (resized).jpg

#19434 2 years ago
Quoted from Vespula:

2. Maybe this helps
[quoted image]

Cool that’s what I needed! Shocked that I actually got it right the first time…

#19435 2 years ago
Quoted from parsonsaj:

Cool that’s what I needed! Shocked that I actually got it right the first time…

I went through that installing pinmonks air ball drain barrier... It gave me pause on the reinstall too.

#19436 2 years ago

I don’t typically fist pump when I play pinball, but I’ve noticed when I do it’s always on Guns N’ Roses

#19437 2 years ago
Quoted from Mattyk:

I don’t typically fist pump when I play pinball, but I’ve noticed when I do it’s always on Guns N’ Roses

Funny, I hit a 5 ball PC bad shortly after in that song hit the applause JP and literally jumped up in the air and fist pumped while listening to the cheers for “encore!” Love that you get a little break to celebrate. None of my other pins make me do this. Killing Smaug in Hobbit is super satisfying but there isn’t the long build up of pressure for a huge JP like GNR does so well. I’m a score junky but with this pin score doesn’t even matter sometimes - it just fun to get a JP and go to encore.

#19438 2 years ago
Quoted from Mattyk:

I yell you fu#%ing piece of s#%t when I miss the applause jackpot. Not sure if I'm aiming that at me or the game. Prob me

#19439 2 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

I dont yell you fu#%ing piece of s#%t when miss the applause jackpot. Not sure if I'm aiming that at me or the game. Prob me

Ditto!

#19440 2 years ago

Fyi
Cointaker mirror blades do not come with plastic slide protectors...only with the art blades.

Anyone know of any other slide protectors that work w mirror blades?

#19441 2 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

I yell you fu#%ing piece of s#%t when I miss the applause jackpot. Not sure if I'm aiming that at me or the game. Prob me

Lol I say that and much much more… things that would make a drunken sailor on shore leave blush… I also threaten to sell the game or throw it in the nearest dumpster at times when I have a really sucky game…. But then all is forgiven on the next game when I sink that applause jackpot shot with no time left on the clock!

#19442 2 years ago
Quoted from Dantesmark:

Fyi
Cointaker mirror blades do not come with plastic slide protectors...only with the art blades.

Is there ROOM for a protector and mirror blades? It's really tight just with the thinner art blades and the protectors.

#19443 2 years ago

All the games I’ve ever owned were pretty much progression based. It’s nice to have a game that scoring is the number one priority. And what’s best is the shitty games are over quick. It sucks playing for 15-20 minutes and accomplish nothing

#19444 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Is there ROOM for a protector and mirror blades? It's really tight just with the thinner art blades and the protectors.

It's tight and requires some maneuvering but doable.

20220117_184359 (resized).jpg20220117_184359 (resized).jpg20220117_184418 (resized).jpg20220117_184418 (resized).jpg
#19445 2 years ago
Quoted from glpinball:

It's tight and requires some maneuvering but doable.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Scott pinstadium has them as well. So totes doable.

Where u get the protectors tho?

#19447 2 years ago
Quoted from Dantesmark:

Fyi

I have a set of those I dont need and never opened...
I bought the art blades that came with them..... Lets make a deal.
Edit: SOLD

#19448 2 years ago

I have gnr LE’s in stock and ready to ship if anyone is looking for one. You can text me at 586-530-8206. We are a distributor out of Michigan.

#19449 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Go to the top of the page. Click on the topic index link. Click on keypost summary to sort the list, and there's a link there to technical things to check as well as one post that summarizes a checklist for new games. That list is a little outdated because many of the PF issues have been fixed on newer machines builds since late last summer. If you're buying NIB you can probably ignore that part. If used, DO NOT ignore that PF bulletproofing stuff.

Thank you PinMonk - I really appreciate it. ^_^

#19450 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

(also, thanks for the recognition, it's appreciated, but LTG certainly should have been listed first!)

I'm not in the thread anymore. You belong on the top. Everybody else moves up a notch.

LTG : )

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
12,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Spokane Valley, WA
$ 24.75
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer
Sound/Speakers
$ 649.95
Lighting - Interactive
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Interactive
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
$ 210.00
Flipper Parts
Pin Monk
Flipper parts
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
$ 11,000.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro
Pinball Machine
$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
Hardware
Pinball Haven
Hardware
$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
$ 100.00
Boards
Led Pinball
Boards
€ 42.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints
Tools
8,249 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Temple, TX
$ 19.95
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 100.00
Electronics
Led Pinball
Electronics
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
Shooter rods
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 28,103 posts in this topic. You are on page 389 of 563.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-jjp-gnr-thread/page/389?hl=freddykaboodle and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.