GNR SKULL (resized).PNG
GNR Flippers N Game1 (resized).jpg
91ED4898-BF97-45F8-8CE7-AC61ABD621AE (resized).jpeg
61BAFF64-EBF2-4214-BBD6-9AF81D14CCF7 (resized).jpeg
A7258C56-FE5F-458A-AFE8-C0E9134B7373 (resized).jpeg
05444A02-8191-49A6-A6D8-2714396E82BF (resized).jpeg
99369664-B772-4782-BD9A-E3ECED67A64C (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

71 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 22,629 posts in this topic. You are on page 387 of 453.
#19301 7 months ago
Quoted from mostater:

Did you do any other mitigation factors like change out posts or use different washers? Anything like that? Just wondering. I have a NIB LE set to arrive soon and a triage kit ready to go before the first plunge. Of course I'd rather not, but I am a bit gun-shy with all the (prior) pf issues.

Nope nothing. It came with clear washers at the bottom of the posts and everything as held together nicely (so far).

#19302 7 months ago
Quoted from mostater:

I have a NIB LE set to arrive soon

Are you also anxiously waiting on a January drop from JJP for a new LE machine? I'm hoping mine ships any day now...

#19303 7 months ago
Quoted from brainmegaphone:

Are you also anxiously waiting on a January drop from JJP for a new LE machine? I'm hoping mine ships any day now...

I got the final payment email today for my GnR . I’m jumping in the jungle real soon…man what a wait.

#19304 7 months ago

I’m waiting for a January drop as well. Fingers crossed. Sure hope it arrives before my Rush Pro which I think I’ll get in February (fingers crossed there too). Sold my only pin back around June to fund this so I’ve been without a machine for a while now.

#19305 7 months ago
Quoted from etr104:

Nope nothing. It came with clear washers at the bottom of the posts and everything as held together nicely (so far).

Same here. I have a July build that came with black washers on the posts and playfield has been perfect so far.

#19306 7 months ago

Yep. I just sent in my final payment. Was told it was on the line and will ship directly from JJP in 1-2 weeks. In anticipation, I've been listening to all the songs from the pin and am super psyched to get this!!

#19307 7 months ago

LE incoming on Monday. Can't wait!

#19308 7 months ago

LE arrived today. January build and numbered in the 3100s. Setting it up after work…. Can’t wait!

#19309 7 months ago

I ordered official art blades from cointaker does anyone know if they come with the side protectors as well?

#19310 7 months ago

First time posting here and need help with some plastic pieces. Can anyone give me the part number for the slingshot shots and jet bumper plastic parts? On the standard edition

#19311 7 months ago

Absolutely thrilled! Just got our final payment notice from JJ at Game Exchange of Colorado! Our
LE just arrived today and is being delivered on Monday. This is our family’s first NIB game and it’s an absolute dream theme. I’m also obsessed with this art package and cannot wait for it to actually be sitting in our home. We also have tix to see slash in Denver next month. Looks like our patience in 2021 is finally paying off. RnFnR baby!!!

#19312 7 months ago
Quoted from shovelhed:

I ordered official art blades from cointaker does anyone know if they come with the side protectors as well?

They should. They're a set.

The JJP blades are cheaper material than I expected they'd be. Stern's are thicker material and more durable. So temper your expectations if you've ever installed Stern blades.

#19313 7 months ago
Quoted from Mrlinksteve:

First time posting here and need help with some plastic pieces. Can anyone give me the part number for the slingshot shots and jet bumper plastic parts? On the standard edition

I think you'll have to call/email JJP. The upper playfield section of the manual is still missing, so no part numbers that I'm aware of for most top of playfield stuff like plastics.

#19314 7 months ago
Quoted from jacksparrow0112:

Absolutely thrilled! Just got our final payment notice from JJ at Game Exchange of Colorado! Our
LE just arrived today and is being delivered on Monday. This is our family’s first NIB game and it’s an absolute dream theme. I’m also obsessed with this art package and cannot wait for it to actually be sitting in our home. We also have tix to see slash in Denver next month. Looks like our patience in 2021 is finally paying off. RnFnR baby!!!

When did u order it?

#19315 7 months ago

GREAT to see FOUR posts of LE's dropping!

Quoted from mostater:

Yep. I just sent in my final payment. Was told it was on the line and will ship directly from JJP in 1-2 weeks. In anticipation, I've been listening to all the songs from the pin and am super psyched to get this!!

You dont even know - congrats, this is so fun.

Quoted from jk2171:

LE incoming on Monday. Can't wait!

Party on Pinside! Congrats, JJP is pumping them out now, you will love it more than you think.

Quoted from okgrak:

LE arrived today. January build and numbered in the 3100s. Setting it up after work…. Can’t wait!

Wow! 3100's thats about 250 per month fuzzy math! Congrats - how can you work???

Quoted from shovelhed:

Yes! apply wet, very easy. They look awesome!

You are ALL IN ! congrats and take next week off!

#19316 7 months ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

They should. They're a set.
The JJP blades are cheaper material than I expected they'd be. Stern's are thicker material and more durable. So temper your expectations if you've ever installed Stern blades.

IMO- Mirror blades are the way to go, but I certainly won’t fault the cool art blades. I’m an old dude (bad ears and eyes) and mine has pinstadiums, under cabinet/back box lighting,PinWoofer, and a bunch of mods. Congrats to you all getting your NIB games this month! I’ve had playfield issues that required the washer treatment- a great game that really opens up after practice and understanding the rules. Each song is essentially a unique wizard mode- brilliant. Scorbit challenges are fun too. The biggest problem you will have- carving out an hour or two in your busy day to really play this game! Hell, I’m retired and I don’t get to play it enough.

#19317 7 months ago

Congratulations to all getting your pin. I got mine last week, it is next level shit. Dear I say the Goat……fuck yeah it is!

#19318 7 months ago
Quoted from Dantesmark:

When did u order it?

First week of April 2021. A lifetime ago LOL.

#19319 7 months ago

So orders from April/May are getting theirs now, right? Trying to figure out current wait time if I order anLE now lol!

#19320 7 months ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

So orders from April/May are getting theirs now, right? Trying to figure out current wait time if I order anLE now lol!

Depends on whether you go distro or direct and what he did. Direct is easier to gauge because it's when you ordered. Distro depends on when the distro ordered it. You could walk in a distro and get one tomorrow if they had stock on an order they placed in March with no one putting deposit on it, for example.

There are surely distro around that will ship you one if they have it, and make sure you pick one where you don't pay sales tax. That's crappy and unnecessary.

#19321 7 months ago

I ordered thru flipnout beginning of dec...hope to get b4 summer.

#19322 7 months ago
Quoted from shovelhed:

They do, but JJP is much more difficult to install than Stern. MUCH tighter tolerances, and the playfield does not have enough wire to pull out of the cabinet. A second set of hands helps, but its possible to do it yourself (I did)

#19323 7 months ago

Just played another game tonight… Ball 1 I lost before I even hit 500,000. Almost wrote the whole game off then got my main patches, locked 6 balls, started a song…. 4-5 songs later, ended up with over 111,000,000 and I even lost a ball during slash solo as usual. Blew over 50,000,000 on Welcome to the Jungle applause jackpot I just couldn’t hit for some reason, and blew another 24,000,000 or so on another song.

Got 2-3 extra balls just for cashing out songs I knew I didn’t have the energy to finish that offered extra ball. This is key because you can come out ahead. Why struggle to try and finish say 75% of a song when you’re down to 1 ball in play? I used to go for it all the time. But the extra ball, and going for more patches, skipping album modes and trying to lock the 6th ball to start another song seem to be more rewarding points wise, in the long run. I’ll rock a song as far as I can but once I’m down to the last ball I usually cash out now. My best song jackpots are shorter songs where I can keep at least 5 but many times 6 balls in play during the whole song till encore.

Still the usual - factory settings and outlanes, plenty of wax and a 7.2-7.3 pitch at flippers. Went for the same patches, Gun, Fender, Duff, Vater, then I go for Marshall and Gibson to get extra ball lit if I am down to last ball or if not I’ll save them and go for Rose and Frank’s drumsticks first. I also almost never trap the ball during songs. Run and gun all the way.

Been recording overhead videos just in case anyone is curious how I play but didn’t put them online yet.

#19324 7 months ago

Does anyone need a set of Art Blades? I mistakenly ordered a second set from Melissa at Cointaker and she graciously said she would take them back but honestly it was my mistake and I don't want it to cost them money. $120 shipped in the same box they shipped it to me. PM if you are interested.

#19325 7 months ago
Quoted from sevenrites:

Ball 1 I lost before I even hit 500,000. Almost wrote the whole game off then got my main patches, locked 6 balls, started a song…. 4-5 songs later, ended up with over 111,000,000

You just described my games exactly.

Except mine end after your first sentence.

#19326 7 months ago
Quoted from jamieflowers:

Does anyone need a set of Art Blades? I mistakenly ordered a second set from Melissa at Cointaker and she graciously said she would take them back but honestly it was my mistake and I don't want it to cost them money. $120 shipped in the same box they shipped it to me. PM if you are interested.

Pm sent

#19327 7 months ago

Scorbit failure here
Won't claim my slot
Wasted way to much time uninstalling and reinstalling apps , far out why does it have to be so difficult
My network is good, the app decided to shit itself for no reason

#19328 7 months ago
Quoted from RA77:

Scorbit failure here
Won't claim my slot
Wasted way to much time uninstalling and reinstalling apps , far out why does it have to be so difficult

I found Scorebit frustrating in its current state as well. Going to let it mature for a while and perhaps revisit it in a future version.

Utilities -> Scorbit Settings -> Advanced Settings -> Scorebit Integration you can turn it off there.

#19329 7 months ago
Quoted from sevenrites:

Just played another game tonight… Ball 1 I lost before I even hit 500,000. Almost wrote the whole game off then got my main patches, locked 6 balls, started a song…. 4-5 songs later, ended up with over 111,000,000 and I even lost a ball during slash solo as usual. Blew over 50,000,000 on Welcome to the Jungle applause jackpot I just couldn’t hit for some reason, and blew another 24,000,000 or so on another song.
Got 2-3 extra balls just for cashing out songs I knew I didn’t have the energy to finish that offered extra ball. This is key because you can come out ahead. Why struggle to try and finish say 75% of a song when you’re down to 1 ball in play? I used to go for it all the time. But the extra ball, and going for more patches, skipping album modes and trying to lock the 6th ball to start another song seem to be more rewarding points wise, in the long run. I’ll rock a song as far as I can but once I’m down to the last ball I usually cash out now. My best song jackpots are shorter songs where I can keep at least 5 but many times 6 balls in play during the whole song till encore.
Still the usual - factory settings and outlanes, plenty of wax and a 7.2-7.3 pitch at flippers. Went for the same patches, Gun, Fender, Duff, Vater, then I go for Marshall and Gibson to get extra ball lit if I am down to last ball or if not I’ll save them and go for Rose and Frank’s drumsticks first. I also almost never trap the ball during songs. Run and gun all the way.
Been recording overhead videos just in case anyone is curious how I play but didn’t put them online yet.

Hello
Only just got my GnR and am not sure if there’s a problem as Iam finding bit different to lock more that 2/3 balls let a loan 6, do you think it is simply because iam hitting the purple target thus activating
lights multiball, also in other multiballs nalls saved are released. Any advice would be welcome.

#19330 7 months ago

It remembers how many balls you have locked when it releases them during booster multiballs. And during booster multiballs if you throw one in the lock it will also add it to the total locked count and release it back down into play.

#19331 7 months ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

I can confirm that direct orders from Feb haven’t all fulfilled yet. But as Vespula said orders from distros could arrive at any time depending on when the distro ordered from JJP.

#19332 7 months ago
Quoted from RA77:

Scorbit failure here
Won't claim my slot

I had a similar issue and contacted Scorbit support. They fixed it on their end.

#19333 7 months ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

You can call around to different distributors. People who have been on the wait list often change their mind (for whatever reason) months later when it comes time to wire the cash for the final payment. Distributors then have slots you can fit yourself into if you get a little lucky with timing (or you get on a wait list and get moved up that way).

I'm not trying to push FOMO on you (because there is a resale market and there are advantages to buying used) but if you prefer new in box keep in mind they are only making 5,000 of them and at some point if you haven't ordered one you'll be forced to go into the secondary market. Many advantages to doing so... but also NIB is its own unique experience (good and bad!)

I hope to have my game this month. I have my cliffy protectors and my Titan bands ready to install. I also have plenty of ibuprofen for getting the thing down my basement bulkhead stairs. I've been told it is heavier than any other pin I've ever bought (including the old Bally/Williams games!) I have two people on call to help me move it when the time comes.

I hope to be discussing gameplay with this club SOON!

#19334 7 months ago
Quoted from sevenrites:

It remembers how many balls you have locked when it releases them during booster multiballs. And during booster multiballs if you throw one in the lock it will also add it to the total locked count and release it back down into play.

Thank you! I was noticing this and thinking about it and not sure. I wondered if the lock count remained when it released.
Is this total locks shown on display ? I'm not aware enough of what's going on to stop shooting locks If I had maxed out for example. Can you lock more than six?
Locks Max is 6 right? What do you earn when you lock 6? Is it correct to stop trying to lock balls if you know you have already reached six? Isn't there some correlation to how many band members are spotted versus how many locks you can even get? Are these questions even intelligently valid? Lol.

Until I'm comfortable with Knowing where to go to find this info on the monitors or playfield as much as I want I'm flailing not knowing where all the information is located to track stats and status. But let me clear I'm having a blast until the next epiphany. . When that epiphany happens, it's like a whole new game.
Is there a cheat sheet that shows where all the stats are located on the main monitor for example? I've studied the rules sheet several times and it's good high level but not comprehensive.

On song value, What do you do to increase the song level prior to starting a song? Is it stand up targets For that album? I know there's some counters in the lower left of the main monitor but I'm just not sure at this point what shots make song level and album level increase?

I'm wayyyy better than I was in awareness and working within what's going on in the game moments to moments as it's changing but I'm still not able to confidently stay in the flow or identify everything to build up and maximize play... I just recently started understanding the value of the extra balls, and cashing out when extra ball is lit versus adding a ball and continuing play, So that was huge for me. Before I was just always adding a ball and continuing trying to figure out how to increase my jackpot to make it to applause, which very rarely happened actually. Because my skills are still not good enough to stay alive during the song and keep the meter high enough to not get booed off the stage.
Yes I know I'll get there, not rushing it because I'm enjoying the journey and really I can only receive and understand the information I'm ready for when I'm ready, if you know what I mean.

I know a lot of this information has already been posted throughout but until you have the game and until you get to the point where you can understand what's being said, a lot of it just doesn't sink in. Once I get to certain levels of understanding, At least things make more sense, but they also open up more questions.

Thanks again sevenrites
Apparently I go to bed thinking about this and wake up thinking about this, still, so apologies to anyone who doesn't give a s*** about my long post.

#19335 7 months ago

I'm Regards to the few people who are posting about ordering one, I think it's likely you'll find one in stock if you call a few distributors. Back in May of last year I was deciding between an in stock JP premium and ordering a GNR with my distro. I decided to take the in stock JP Prem as he said I was looking at 6 months for GNR and just figured down the line I would get a GNR when more were made. Fast forward to November, I called my Distro about something else and he told me he had some GNRs available if I was interested as he remembered I was considering 1 last year and I pulled the trigger and had it at my place a few weeks later.

#19336 7 months ago
Quoted from RA77:

Scorbit failure here
Won't claim my slot

Mine broke too. I can't even manually claim a slot now.

#19337 7 months ago

Question for those of you that may be use the PINsub multi system blue adaptor board kit from Pinnovators. If I turn off my machine before turning off the subwoofer I get deep bass feedback through the sub. I have tried two different subs using the RCA connections including the recommended Polk Audio PSW10 with the auto-off setting turned on. Has anyone else experienced this or is it standard practice to have to turnoff the external sub first before powering off the game?

#19338 7 months ago

Both Pinballstar and GAP have LEs available I believe.

#19339 7 months ago

I thought I understood a lot but I also understand I dont understand a lot.
About the extra ball.....how do you light an extra ball and I dont understand about cashing out and getting an extra ball. Can someone pls explain this. These things happen but not entirely sure how.
Besides many of the suggestions for code...whenever or if ever that is happening, I wish the game would show what your song value is before starting a song.

#19340 7 months ago
Quoted from Vyzer2:

About the extra ball.....how do you light an extra ball and I dont understand about cashing out and getting an extra ball. Can someone pls explain this. These things happen but not entirely sure how.
Besides many of the suggestions for code...whenever or if ever that is happening, I wish the game would show what your song value is before starting a song.

During a song, lighting all 9 inlanes (AMP, GNR, JAM) will qualify the light extra ball IF you cash out. It progressively gets harder to light those inlanes the more songs you start.

#19341 7 months ago

I've read this post a few times now
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-jjp-gnr-thread/page/387#post-6716116

Quoted from sevenrites:

Got 2-3 extra balls just for cashing out songs I knew I didn’t have the energy to finish that offered extra ball. This is key because you can come out ahead. Why struggle to try and finish say 75% of a song when you’re down to 1 ball in play? I used to go for it all the time. But the extra ball, and going for more patches, skipping album modes and trying to lock the 6th ball to start another song seem to be more rewarding points wise, in the long run. I’ll rock a song as far as I can but once I’m down to the last ball I usually cash out now.

This paragraph explains well, and yes I'll look forward to your play videos sevenrites
How can I know how many balls I have locked? I previously thought it was visual in the guitar lock but now that I know the balls are being dropped down out of the guitar lock But the lock amount remains, I don't have that visual count anymore but I'd like to know What specifically do I have to do to achieve six locks, does this mean spot six members? And also how do I know how many I do have locked where is this information?

Quoted from Eskaybee:

During a song, lighting all 9 inlanes (AMP, GNR, JAM) will qualify the light extra ball IF you cash out. It progressively gets harder to light those inlanes the more songs you start.

thank you!
I was also wondering what do you have to do to change from a cash out only to a cash out & extra ball!!! Which brings up my next question regarding this...
I have seen the inlanes changing colors during the song chaos with oranges and whites, but assumed that was just part of the light show... Do you know if I'm trying to get them from orange to white to get extra ball for example? Not that I'm in such control that I can do it but it would be nice to know if I could glance up at my inlanes And if I saw one orange left in the jam inlane At least I would know to focus on that to get the extra ball lit.

#19342 7 months ago
Quoted from Vyzer2:

By collecting all the sponsor patches it lights extra ball , very satisfying to hit that shot with a clean left flipper shot!

#19343 7 months ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

By collecting all the sponsor patches it lights extra ball , very satisfying to hit that extra ball with a clean left flipper shot!

So I think there's two extra balls we're talking about. One is the playfield extra ball light below the center axl lane, the x, which I didn't really understand when that lights either, I light it enough that there must be more than one way because I'm not sure I'm always getting all the sponsor patches when it lights. But it is sweet to hit that with the left flipper clean, it's also cool when you orbit and the magnet grabs it and drops it through to earn extra ball. That's not an every time thing either so knowing when and how the magnet is active is on my goal list. I read earlier that that magnet is activated as long as axl is spotted. So I'm keeping an eye on this to try and confirm it.

The other extra ball I think we're talking about is the one that during song when you complete the mode And it's telling you this in the small playfield monitor mode completed and hit the center scoop it presents you with the two options cash out or add a ball and continue. Sometimes the cash out is just a cash out, and sometimes it's a cash out with extra ball.

#19344 7 months ago
Quoted from RA77:

That may be center spinner
pick patch.

it is patch of a black pinball machine with red gnr letters on the side. i got it awhile back and did not know what it was. Eric Meunier told me it meant i had collected all the patches and it would only give points now for collecting the gnr letters. I did not win a pinball machine when it said "pinball machine collected". bummer!!!

received_1840587686146296 (resized).jpeg
#19345 7 months ago

I don't know all the scoring answers, just posting my observations based on how I'm playing and what's occurring, glad it's helped a few while also promoting healthy discussion. I'm thankful when others chime in with what they've discovered or learned - there is a lot to absorb. And even if I had it all memorized, all those tips and strategies would still need to be executed well during a game.

#19346 7 months ago
Quoted from sevenrites:

I don't know all the scoring answers, just posting my observations based on how I'm playing and what's occurring, glad it's helped a few while also promoting healthy discussion. I'm thankful when others chime in with what they've discovered or learned - there is a lot to absorb. And even if I had it all memorized, all those tips and strategies would still need to be executed well during a game.

Well said. You are definitely helping! We're having the similar experience just at different levels! Still wish I knew what need to look at during a song to try and ensure that I have the extra ball with cash out ready when mode completed

#19347 7 months ago
Quoted from Vespula:

Still wish I knew what need to do during a song to try and ensure that I have the extra ball with cash out

Eskaybee just answered that question a few posts up. His info has helped me a lot, same with ZaphX and I'm sure I missed a few but those two seem to have a lot of regular and good info so I remember them easier.

Quoted from Eskaybee:

If I could add to that, I think this is part of why it's imperative to try and not start a song at all unless you have all 6 balls locked, or as many as you can lock, whenever possible.

With more balls in play during a song, you're more likely to get those inlanes all lit up much faster, and then have the option to cash out early with the extra ball included. Jackpots also increase faster and end up higher with more balls in play.

Would I try and lock 6 balls, get my boosters, patches and try to go straight into November Rain or Estranged? Heck no. Neither of those has a song specific patch that improves their scoring that I know of either. I'd have to really be in the zone and not missing any shots to actually think I might make it the whole way through.

The shorter the song, the better your chances will be to complete the song, and hopefully with more than one ball in play.

Someone mentioned song value drops I believe 15 points when you choose the song yourself. So I generally try to take what it serves me to capitalize on the max value I can have at the time. If I'm near my last ball on the game, and if I have patches that are song specific I haven't gotten to take advantage of yet, then I'll go ahead and choose a song I have a patch for since it will most likely be my last song of the game, I want it to be as maxed out as possible (and likely from an album I already played a few songs off of.)

Appetite for Destruction is my favorite album to play because it's got plenty of short songs you can score big on early in the game. It's so Easy is one of my favorites, I can score pretty well with usually just Gun, Fender, Vader and Duff. Same with Out to Get Me.

After I complete one or two of those shorter songs, I'm back to getting the Rose to go with my Gun patch for Paradise City and Welcome to the Jungle, the train for Nighttrain or the condom for Rocket Queen. Because then I've already got a song or two done on Appetite, the album level will be higher, then going back in with the appropriate patches and cherry picking the next song I want on that same album usually yields great rewards.

#19348 7 months ago

Is there a more desirable order to qualifying the booster multiballs? Especially when stacking? Getting my game Monday and curious if the more seasoned players have developed a go-to strategy for multiball qualification order. Thanks!

#19349 7 months ago

Is there a more desirable order to qualifying the booster multiballs?

That I’m not sure about since it’s difficult to study what’s happening as it’s occurring. But I do try and start them when I need it the most. The upper playfield lights target seems to be the easiest for me to start besides the one in the inlane with the AMP letters. Plus you can loop and hit that purple light target a few times before you let the ball drop towards a GNR letter for the patch, or lock it.

Under the upper right flipper I don’t usually go for since I haven’t figured out the best way to hit it consistently but I never pass on a chance to do it when I see a ball going that way.

The pyro one seems to be the most random since it’s harder to hit and start but I think super skill shot helps that one activate easier.

Don’t forget the jackpots in boosters also help boost song value and jackpots.

I wish I knew if there was an order to try and stack them in but it’s definitely worth looking into and paying more attention to. Once you get one going, it’s usually not too hard to add a second and once you have two going the third and forth sometimes come easy if you can keep everything in play.

#19350 7 months ago

Deleted

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 23.00
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Hardware
Hippies Haven
Pinball Machine
Gulf Coast Pinball, LLC
$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
There are 22,629 posts in this topic. You are on page 387 of 453.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, become a Pinside+ member!