IMG_20240413_155854 (resized).jpg
IMG_20240413_155858 (resized).jpg
IMG_20240413_155856 (resized).jpg
IMG_1426 (resized).jpeg (© Nutty 5.0)
IMG_2636.gif
IMG_2002 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2003 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

78 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 28,351 posts in this topic. You are on page 383 of 568.
#19101 2 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Buy replacement playfields and enjoy the game.

“Playfields”? Lol I love that even you don’t hide the fact JJP playfields are shit, that you need to purchase multiple. Plus I know most ppl in this site are super comfortable swapping out their playfields.

#19102 2 years ago

Ok guys, a few quick questions. Is the pinscore thing free or is there a monthly fee? And how easy is it to set up?

#19103 2 years ago
Quoted from CoolCatPinball:

Ok guys, a few quick questions. Is the pinscore thing free or is there a monthly fee? And how easy is it to set up?

Scorbit is currently free. No word on if it will become paid for access to extras or stay free.

#19104 2 years ago

Loving my CE what a game. Only glitch i have had is monitor going black then back on all the time. loose connector at the back has anyone else had this problem? If i nudge machine it does it also. Best fix if anyone has had the problem.

#19105 2 years ago
Quoted from noob-a-tron:

Loving my CE what a game. Only glitch i have had is monitor going black then back on all the time. loose connector at the back has anyone else had this problem? If i nudge machine it does it also. Best fix if anyone has had the problem.

Loose connector or bad cable, most likely. Check both ends of the cable.

#19106 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Loose connector or bad cable, most likely. Check both ends of the cable.

Looks like connector

#19107 2 years ago
Quoted from Flipper_Ripper:

“Playfields”? Lol I love that even you don’t hide the fact JJP playfields are shit, that you need to purchase multiple. Plus I know most ppl in this site are super comfortable swapping out their playfields.

there is a playfield and an upper playfield hence the multiple playfields.

#19108 2 years ago
Quoted from CoolCatPinball:

It's free and it's easy to set up , download the scorbit app and give it your details . When you want to play, make sure your PIN is connected to the internet and you're good to go . Even I could do it

#19109 2 years ago
Quoted from Flipper_Ripper:

The game has an upper playfield and a lower playfield.

And the playfield issues are well known, it is what it is. Unfortunate for sure but if you've got perfect spares on ice who cares.

#19110 2 years ago

Hi everyone,

I’m hoping to receive the LE I ordered last April sometime soon and am trying to familiarize myself with the rules. Is there a listing of the different song objectives somewhere? I have tried watching all of the available tutorial videos out there but haven’t been able to piece this together yet. Played a few times on location, and it seemed like the songs I played asked for me to hit flashing yellow/red shots. I am colorblind, and so the shots were not very obvious with the surrounding amazing lightshow. Would love a listing of shots per song to target (e.g. “inner loop”, “left orbit”, “right ramp” for song X) but have not come across this. Curious if anyone has put something like this together.

Thanks in advance!

#19111 2 years ago
Quoted from jacksparrow0112:

Hi everyone,
I’m hoping to receive the LE I ordered last April sometime soon and am trying to familiarize myself with the rules. Is there a listing of the different song objectives somewhere? I have tried watching all of the available tutorial videos out there but haven’t been able to piece this together yet. Played a few times on location, and it seemed like the songs I played asked for me to hit flashing yellow/red shots. I am colorblind, and so the shots were not very obvious with the surrounding amazing lightshow. Would love a listing of shots per song to target (e.g. “inner loop”, “left orbit”, “right ramp” for song X) but have not come across this. Curious if anyone has put something like this together.
Thanks in advance!

All the songs are basically the same. Hit whatever is flashing. There are two songs, November Rain and Out to Get Me that are frenzy’s where you can hit any switch. There are some call outs telling you what to hit

#19112 2 years ago

Hi everyone,
Thanks in advance!

If you can't differentiate red, yellow or blue, that might be a problem initially. Eventually you'll figure it out by playing, but it might make for a rough initial road.

Maybe look into dropping a few hundred on a pair of enchroma glasses ahead of getting the game to help your color-blindness range so you can see at least some of the colors you're missing?

https://enchroma.com/

#19113 2 years ago
Quoted from Mattyk:

All the songs are basically the same. Hit whatever is flashing. There are two songs, November Rain and Out to Get Me that are frenzy’s where you can hit any switch. There are some call outs telling you what to hit

Actually the songs are quite different from each other and each one makes you attack the playfield and combos differently. The only similarity between songs is band frenzy and power chord, even then those are situational pinball strategies.

#19114 2 years ago
Quoted from holminone:

I feel like those wings are purposeful like little backboards promoting entry. Between the angled snubber rubber and the angled protector, all roads point to in.
But that’s just my dumb opinion.
My bigger question is for all of you crushing hundreds of millions, aside from playing better and hitting better shots, any setup tips to minimize cheap single ball drains? 6.7 between the flipper and my game is a drain monster. Slings almost guarantee outlane drain.

I pitched mine at whatever fooflighter recommended last (I think it’s 6.5 between the flippers?) and turned down my slings a couple of notches and drains are way down. They still happen enough to make me mad, but I no longer feel hopeless during the volleyball sessions.

I take solace in assuming that people getting in the hundreds of millions scores have just turned their slings off entirely. Don’t correct me!

#19115 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

If you can't differentiate red, yellow or blue, that might be a problem initially. Eventually you'll figure it out by playing, but it might make for a rough initial road.
Maybe look into dropping a few hundred on a pair of enchroma glasses ahead of getting the game to help your color-blindness range so you can see at least some of the colors you're missing?
https://enchroma.com/

Thanks!

When I first looked into necromancy years ago their website said they didn’t have glasses for my specific type of color blindness. Now I see that they do.

Are the flashing shots for each song consistent, or will they change each time? Was hoping to be able to memorize the shots for each song (like “Welcome to the Jungle” is always these 3-4 shots). I am sure I can figure it out by playing the first 50 games, but am just super excited to dive into the ruleset.

#19116 2 years ago

Would love a listing of shots per song to target (e.g. “inner loop”, “left orbit”, “right ramp” for song X) but have not come across this.

I hear stuff like that all the time when I’m playing and I rarely if ever have to rely on color to get through a song. The callouts will let you know what to hit. But even if color blind the shots will still be flashing.

Are the flashing shots for each song consistent

I believe so, for the most part at least, and if not, I haven’t noticed.

#19117 2 years ago

Holy effing shire. PINWOOFER PLUS GNR AND EXTERNAL SUBWOOFER!!!! It’s all that and a bag of chips! AWESOME!

#19118 2 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Actually the songs are quite different from each other and each one makes you attack the playfield and combos differently. The only similarity between songs is band frenzy and power chord, even then those are situational pinball strategies.

Songs are basically all the same though. Yes one or two are based more on hitting the stand ups first and other shots second (Civil War), a couple are frenzy’s (November Rain) but basically it’s just hit one of the three or four flashing shots. It’s all multiball so even the slight nuances of each song get blended together as a result.

Maybe I am missing something. What is an example of how you would attack the playfield for (insert song)?

#19119 2 years ago
Quoted from Mattyk:

Songs are basically all the same though. Yes one or two are based more on hitting the stand ups first and other shots second (Civil War), a couple are frenzy’s (November Rain) but basically it’s just hit one of the three or four flashing shots. It’s all multiball so even the slight nuances of each song get blended together as a result.
Maybe I am missing something. What is an example of how you would attack the playfield for (insert song)?

Just a few examples which isn’t 100% accurate.

My Michelle: 2 roving targets move clockwise to the tempo of the song.

Paradise City: pops light shots. Make a shot and it’s not valid again until you light it with pops.

MR brownstone: main shots lit, make 2 or 3 then center spinner lights.

Coma: 5? Main shots lit, make one shot the. All out except the coma shot

Out ta get me: left side of playfield is lit. As song progresses the shots move to the right playfield.

Sweet child o mine: I believe this one alternates from loops to ramps

You could be mine: only one shot is lit, once you progress to the next wave, the one shot moves.

Civil war: inner loop always lit + one other shot

Estranged: targets for the most part + Ramps alternate from time to time.

Welcome to the jungle: this seems has the most variety in what shots are lit depending how far along you make it in the waves.

It’s so easy: frenzy + shots

November rain: switch frenzy

I’m sure I’m missing some details. Not the type to write it all down but with 1500+ plays and a year of ownership, as soon as a song starts my memory kicks in on The shots pattern for a particular song.

#19120 2 years ago
Quoted from holminone:

Holy effing shire. PINWOOFER PLUS GNR AND EXTERNAL SUBWOOFER!!!! It’s all that and a bag of chips! AWESOME!

Hearing is believing! Have fun buddy!

https://pinwoofer.com/pinwoofer-jjp-super-kit/

#19121 2 years ago

Just joined the club tonight! My Le has very minimal pooling, pin is over a year old. Definitely going to add jjp art blades and pinwoofer. After all these years of owning pins this is next level shit. Vino thanks again.
Harley D.

729C8839-12DE-4FC7-92DF-7B4F9A8C714A (resized).jpeg729C8839-12DE-4FC7-92DF-7B4F9A8C714A (resized).jpeg
#19122 2 years ago
Quoted from shovelhed:

Just joined the club tonight! My Le has very minimal pooling, pin is over a year old. Definitely going to add jjp art blades and pinwoofer. After all these years of owning pins this is next level shit. Vino thanks again.
Harley D.
[quoted image]

Looks great bud -kick ass!!

#19123 2 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Paradise City: pops light shots. Make a shot and it’s not valid again until you light it with pops.
Out ta get me: left side of playfield is lit. As song progresses the shots move to the right playfield.
You could be mine: only one shot is lit, once you progress to the next wave, the one shot moves.
Welcome to the jungle: this seems has the most variety in what shots are lit depending how far along you make it in the waves.
I’m sure I’m missing some details. Not the type to write it all down but with 1500+ plays and a year of ownership, as soon as a song starts my memory kicks in on The shots pattern for a particular song.

Holy shit you either stayed up late studying or you found the cliffs notes

#19124 2 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Thank you!!!

This is exactly what I was looking for. Cannot wait to join this club (hopefully days away).

#19125 2 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Is there a pinball college or something? Amazing attention to detail and memory! This is why I don’t Scorbit challenge you, Professor SKB

#19126 2 years ago
Quoted from deejaypee:

Is there a pinball college or something? Amazing attention to detail and memory! This is why I don’t Scorbit challenge you, Professor SKB

Hah! I seen your score. You and I could have some good matches!

…honestly, I thought the song modes were 2nd nature for everyone lol. Maybe I’ll do a quick breakdown of each. Just need to be at my game not playing for 10 minutes to write it all down. That would involve not playing

#19127 2 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

I think his point was "hit the flashing lights". With the exception of November Rain and Out Ta Get Me, which are all switches.

All songs play different. Some move targets, some rotate targets, some are static and always the same. Some songs eliminy targets as you hit them.

Welcome to the Jungle is one of the easiest. As is Rain and Out Ta Get Me.

Good luck. Best way to learn it is to play it. And playing it is fun so you'll be grand champ in no time!

Enjoy!

#19128 2 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

This right here is BRILLIANT and should be a sticky post! Well done sir.

#19129 2 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Hah! I seen your score. You and I could have some good matches!
…honestly, I thought the song modes were 2nd nature for everyone lol. Maybe I’ll do a quick breakdown of each. Just need to be at my game not playing for 10 minutes to write it all down. That would involve not playing

It’s true though, I am starting to instinctively know the shots for the different songs and the best way to do that is to keep playing. I think we’re all just amazed that you have cogitated and regurgitated it.

I still average under 10 million but when I get songs I’m good at I can post a respectable number. Sometimes. Spin that record!

#19130 2 years ago
Quoted from Ecw0930:

I think his point was "hit the flashing lights". With the exception of November Rain and Out Ta Get Me, which are all switches.
All songs play different. Some move targets, some rotate targets, some are static and always the same. Some songs eliminy targets as you hit them.
Welcome to the Jungle is one of the easiest. As is Rain and Out Ta Get Me.
Good luck. Best way to learn it is to play it. And playing it is fun so you'll be grand champ in no time!
Enjoy!

Yeah that was pretty much my point. If the songs were all played in single ball the strategy would be much more pronounced. I actually think the game would be better if some songs limited you on how many balls can be in play, but that’s not how the game is set up.

Being that it’s so multi ball heavy there is always multiple shots lit to go for and the differences in light progression between songs isn’t something that stands out or really matters all that much, at least on most songs. It’s very rare to get boo’d off stage. You can usually stumble your way through the songs. The tougher songs are when you have to focus more on the stand ups. High scores come down to hitting jackpots in booster multi balls to raise song value, patch selection (fender is a must) and getting to band frenzy.

I’ve found that while in songs I am focusing on (1) aiming for active band members to get band frenzy and (2) aiming for left ramp/upper pf to get a power chord and add a ball (while cleaning up playfield). The rest of the shots to progress through the song fall into play. My scoring average has improved since doing this. Now I have to get my song values up

#19131 2 years ago

Anyone not able to use mirror blades on their gnr?

#19132 2 years ago
Quoted from Dantesmark:

Anyone not able to use mirror blades on their gnr?

I used tilt graphics art. And still so tight I can't get playfield protectors in while it's in resting position. No way mirrors would of fit in mine. Ridiculously tight .

#19133 2 years ago

Yeah...risky.
Ive got a friend that has mirrors in his but ive heard others are too tight.
Sux

#19134 2 years ago

Thanks Vespula for the drums!

20220109_104649 (resized).jpg20220109_104649 (resized).jpg20220109_104737 (resized).jpg20220109_104737 (resized).jpg
#19135 2 years ago

Also (finally) stuck the guitar and picks to the apron with tape. The magnet wasn't holding them in place and they would slide down.

Plus the guitar looks sick there!

20220109_104701 (resized).jpg20220109_104701 (resized).jpg
#19136 2 years ago
Quoted from Dantesmark:

Yeah...risky.
Ive got a friend that has mirrors in his but ive heard others are too tight.
Sux

See my post #17662. I had the same problem, the gap is too tight for mirror blades. I made blades with mirror paper to put on top of theplayfield instead of the sides of the playfield. Looks very nice.

#19137 2 years ago

Posted this in the troubleshooting thread but wanted to ask the question here as well since this thread is more active.

Has anyone found a solution for the LED/PFC board communication error?!
I’ve checked the mini usb cable and all the usb connections on the motherboard and nothing is fixing it. If I unplug the wiring harness at the LED board the lights turn back on and cycle through the startup sequence but then shut off again. Obviously game is unplayable when the lights won’t work, and so far I’m not getting any real advice from JJP other than unplug/plug back in all the cables around the game.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

#19138 2 years ago

Is there supposed to be a cover on this switch?

I don't see how one would fit like from the ramps, but it's an open switch and that doesn't seem right. There is t even a clear plastic in front of it.

20220109_112105 (resized).jpg20220109_112105 (resized).jpg
#19139 2 years ago
Quoted from Ecw0930:

I don't see how one would fit like from the ramps, but it's an open switch and that doesn't seem right. There is t even a clear plastic in front of it.
[quoted image]

Nope.

#19140 2 years ago
Quoted from Ecw0930:Also (finally) stuck the guitar and picks to the apron with tape. The magnet wasn't holding them in place and they would slide down.
Plus the guitar looks sick there!
[quoted image]

Awesome apron! Love that things are coming off the surface. Something like this belt buckle could add to the party? (I've got this one and love it):

ebay.com link: itm

I'll definitely start fiddling with guitar picks and other things on the apron

#19141 2 years ago
Quoted from Ecw0930:

[quoted image]

but there could be!
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/124634

#19142 2 years ago
Quoted from atg1469:

Posted this in the troubleshooting thread but wanted to ask the question here as well since this thread is more active.
Has anyone found a solution for the LED/PFC board communication error?!
I’ve checked the mini usb cable and all the usb connections on the motherboard and nothing is fixing it. If I unplug the wiring harness at the LED board the lights turn back on and cycle through the startup sequence but then shut off again. Obviously game is unplayable when the lights won’t work, and so far I’m not getting any real advice from JJP other than unplug/plug back in all the cables around the game.
Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

Someone posted a while back that they found there was too much tension on one of the cables/wire bundles in that area and relieving the tension solved the problem for them. So maybe look for a lead that has tension and see if you can relieve it?

The post with details is in the topic index at the top of the page under TECH:PLAYFIELD.

#19143 2 years ago

Just put my LE out on location the other day. It looks great besides Elvira´s HoH.
hopefully it will get some attention AND plays.

Here it is, in case someone is curious!
https://pinside.com/pinball/map/where-to-play/11854-comfort-hotel-eskilstuna-sodermanlands-lan

Mitt GnR (resized).jpgMitt GnR (resized).jpg

#19144 2 years ago

Hey guys I was just looking over my game and noticed there is no rubber on the post between the, AMP/GNR. Is this correct or should there be a rubber at the top of the post?

20220109_154724 (resized).jpg20220109_154724 (resized).jpg
#19145 2 years ago
Quoted from ZoraShinoda:

Hey guys I was just looking over my game and noticed there is no rubber on the post between the, AMP/GNR. Is this correct or should there be a rubber at the top of the post?
[quoted image]

Correct as-is.

#19146 2 years ago

I picked up my GNRLE yesterday after a long wait and it is well worth it! This game rocks in a home environment. I installed the Pinwoofer system this morning which made it sound even better. Now I need to figure out all of the strategies on how to play it.

The playfield on mine looks great out of the box and it plays well too. I'm sure I'll need to do a few tweaks but I'm overall happy with how the game currently plays.

I did notice one spot where the ball gets stuck on the left tine of the bass wireform. I did a search and saw others here with a similar issue but haven't found a solution yet.

20220108_194713 (resized).jpg20220108_194713 (resized).jpg20220109_092539 (resized).jpg20220109_092539 (resized).jpg20220109_130749 (resized).jpg20220109_130749 (resized).jpg
#19147 2 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

I picked up my GNRLE yesterday after a long wait and it is well worth it! This game rocks in a home environment. I installed the Pinwoofer system this morning which made it sound even better. Now I need to figure out all of the strategies on how to play it.
The playfield on mine looks great out of the box and it plays well too. I'm sure I'll need to do a few tweaks but I'm overall happy with how the game currently plays.
I did notice one spot where the ball gets stuck on the left tine of the bass wireform. I did a search and saw others here with a similar issue but haven't found a solution yet.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

You need to remove the wireform and bend down the 2 middle fingers. It's sitting too high, as was mine. No issues since 2nd day now, 400 + plays. Set it on a flat surface to confirm , but pretty sure this is the cause.

#19148 2 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

Sweet!! Welcome to the club Mike. That gameroom is looking sexy.

#19149 2 years ago

Or nudge

#19150 2 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

Try loosening the stars that direct the ball and see if that's enough to not rob the ball of the momentum to get over that little hump.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

8,250 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Glendora, CA
$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 11,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pin Monk

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

12,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Long Beach, NY
$ 24.75
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 130.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Tulsa, OK
$ 11,000.00
€ 42.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 10,200.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 210.00
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 109.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

8,245 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Georgetown, KY
$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 19.95
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

There are 28,351 posts in this topic. You are on page 383 of 568.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-jjp-gnr-thread/page/383?hl=noob-a-tron and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.