IMG_2676.gif
IMG_0960 (resized).jpeg
image1 (resized).jpeg
image0 (resized).jpeg
GnRAllenWrenchMod (resized).jpg
200w.gif
IMG_2222 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

78 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 28,410 posts in this topic. You are on page 37 of 569.
#1801 3 years ago
Quoted from CoolCatPinball:

Ok, easiest way to bend the upper bracket is this. Remove the Axle sculpt by removing the 2 nylock nuts. Once that's off, there's a screw holding the end of the bracket in place. You can gain a little bit of clearance by adjusting the bracket there. I had to gain a bit extra with some pliers. Once that sculpt is removed, its so much easier to maneuver and see what you're doing without damaging anything.

Thanks for this info !

#1802 3 years ago
Quoted from wdbthree:

Added a subwoofer over the weekend and WOW what a difference. I went with the Sony SACS9. Can't speak to the difference between it and the Polk PSW10 which seems to be the incumbent favorite; but: had read a few places that the Sony had much more bang for a little more buck. Blown away by the difference it makes.
I know this has been covered elsewhere, but: I had never added a sub to a pin before. Couldn't be easier, but: hoping this helps the next batch of GNR owners.
I bought a set of alligator clips from Amazon.
amazon.com link Ā»
Lift the playfield. You're going to attach to the in-cabinet sub mounted at the bottom of the cabinet. Check alligator clip size to make sure they fit snugly across the red and black terminals where factory wires are soldered.
Grab some 14 gauge speaker; cut two 5' or so pieces. Strip both ends of both wires, attaching alligator clips to one side of each wire. (note: you could solder them on for overkill, but: not necessary).
Remove two of the bolts holding one of the protective screening at the back bottom of the cabinet. Basically: whichever one you want the wires to be dropping down through (for me, the right side).
Connect the wires to either the Left or the Right input on the sub (making sure red and black are together on whichever one you choose).
Set volume and cutover frequency to about 60% of maximum (my preference; nice balance of blasting the game room w/out quite shaking the whole house).
Turn up GNR volume and rock out.
ps: here's a link to the sub I bought:
amazon.com link Ā»

Glad you like that sub, I had recommended it in another post. It's got the hardware under the hood where it counts. Plus that's an amazing deal on Amazon right now..I paid $200 for that sub a couple months ago

#1803 3 years ago
Quoted from wdbthree:

Added a subwoofer over the weekend and WOW what a difference. I went with the Sony SACS9. Can't speak to the difference between it and the Polk PSW10 which seems to be the incumbent favorite; but: had read a few places that the Sony had much more bang for a little more buck. Blown away by the difference it makes.
I know this has been covered elsewhere, but: I had never added a sub to a pin before. Couldn't be easier, but: hoping this helps the next batch of GNR owners.
I bought a set of alligator clips from Amazon.
amazon.com link Ā»
Lift the playfield. You're going to attach to the in-cabinet sub mounted at the bottom of the cabinet. Check alligator clip size to make sure they fit snugly across the red and black terminals where factory wires are soldered.
Grab some 14 gauge speaker; cut two 5' or so pieces. Strip both ends of both wires, attaching alligator clips to one side of each wire. (note: you could solder them on for overkill, but: not necessary).
Remove two of the bolts holding one of the protective screening at the back bottom of the cabinet. Basically: whichever one you want the wires to be dropping down through (for me, the right side).
Connect the wires to either the Left or the Right input on the sub (making sure red and black are together on whichever one you choose).
Set volume and cutover frequency to about 60% of maximum (my preference; nice balance of blasting the game room w/out quite shaking the whole house).
Turn up GNR volume and rock out.
ps: here's a link to the sub I bought:
amazon.com link Ā»

I think the Polk PSW10 sub is used by many (including myself) since u get a lot of bang for your buck. Its a decent Sub and its cheap. Clearly there are better subs on the market, but for pinball it may not matter much

#1804 3 years ago

Anyone else notice that when you're doing particularly well during a song mode, one of the callouts is Melissa saying "hey everyone, look at this fucking loser"? Is this a bug? Shouldn't that be a callout if you're doing bad? Maybe I'm not hearing it correctly?

#1805 3 years ago

Anyone else notice that when you're doing particularly well during a song mode, one of the callouts is Melissa saying "hey everyone, look at this fucking loser"? Is this a bug? Shouldn't that be a callout if you're doing bad? Maybe I'm not hearing it correctly?

You heard wrong. I believe the callout is "Hey, look at this fucking wizard!"

#1806 3 years ago

That is your Subconscious! Ha ha ha just kidding

#1807 3 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

You heard wrong. I believe the callout is "Hey, look at this fucking wizard!"

Quoted from LukyDuck:

That is your Subconscious! Ha ha ha just kidding

Lol, that would make more sense!! And yeah, may be my sub conscience acting up. Or possibly I am actually doing worse than I thought and she is actually saying "loser"

#1808 3 years ago

AI built in........... some pinheads she likes, some she doesn't

#1809 3 years ago
Quoted from Sako-TRG:

AI built in........... some pinheads she likes, some she doesn't

She's a Dog lover lol.

#1810 3 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

She's a Dog lover lol.

Rather a dog than a cat....

#1811 3 years ago

Just received notification of our SE shipping.

#1812 3 years ago

Question for those of you that have the game. When your shaker motor fires is it audible? Or can you just "feel" it? Mine is on stock settings and it's pretty loud when it fires. Took the plastic cover off to see if that was maybe making noise but still pretty loud.

#1813 3 years ago

Anyone have a pic of their pin with the aftermarket soundbar attached?

#1814 3 years ago
Quoted from SDVmnt:

Question for those of you that have the game. When your shaker motor fires is it audible? Or can you just "feel" it? Mine is on stock settings and it's pretty loud when it fires. Took the plastic cover off to see if that was maybe making noise but still pretty loud.

The shaker motor itself isn't really that audible. What is audible is the backbox and cabinet shaking at certain points. I think the intensity is pretty spot on and well done. Nothing like the Cointaker "Red Tremor" motors. Those are so overpowered its a joke.

#1815 3 years ago
Quoted from SDVmnt:

The rattles drive me crazy!! Thus far, I've done the following: lowered the shaker intensity setting to minimum, added glass rattle tape, put some fuzzy velcro strips on edges of back glass, and inspected the area around the shaker motor. I did find a plastic molex connector touching the shaker cover on the left side. I moved it, and it helped a little. With all these adjustments, I still get a little rattle every now and then, but its WAY better than it was stock.

#1816 3 years ago

Theres still something on the left front corner of the pin that rattles briefly that I cant pinpoint. Drives me nuts.

#1817 3 years ago

Theres still something on the left front corner of the pin that rattles briefly that I cant pinpoint. Drives me nuts.

You should really tighten up that tilt bob

#1818 3 years ago
Quoted from Blu:

You should really tighten up that tilt bob

Ironically enough, I removed mine

#1819 3 years ago

Ironically enough, I removed mine

#1820 3 years ago

I know, right?? Maybe the mechanism wasnt mounted 100% correctly, but even all the way down it tilted with even a slight nudge. That got very old, very fast. All my other machines can he adjusted to a reasonable level. Not this one. I'll have a closer look at it soon.

#1821 3 years ago

Itā€™s probably just swinging for too long. Ear plug mod to the rescue!

#1822 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Itā€™s probably just swinging for too long. Ear plug mod to the rescue!

Enlighten me....

#1825 3 years ago

What an awesome video!! My tilt bob definitely is NOT centered. I'll have a look at aligning that and I'll install a foam earplug to dampen the swing. Thanks!!

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#1826 3 years ago

Nice one, now I know how to sort my phantom tilts

#1828 3 years ago

Just wondering if anybody has installed standard mirror blades on a GnR LE yet and if so how they find them? Do they make the light show even more awesome or are a bit too much? Alternatively few people have suggested that maybe 'black' mirrors would be better. Would love some thoughts from anybody who has actually installed either 'standard' or 'black' mirror blades on a GnR LE. Would also love to see some video of game play with these installed if anybody has this available.

#1829 3 years ago
Quoted from fooflighter:

Glad you like that sub, I had recommended it in another post. It's got the hardware under the hood where it counts. Plus that's an amazing deal on Amazon right now..I paid $200 for that sub a couple months ago

Any suggestions for the Aussie market for a reasonably priced sub? Those recommend here aren't available in a AUS.

#1830 3 years ago
Quoted from fridgejam:

Just wondering if anybody has installed standard mirror blades on a GnR LE yet and if so how they find them? Do they make the light show even more awesome or are a bit too much? Alternatively few people have suggested that maybe 'black' mirrors would be better. Would love some thoughts from anybody who has actually installed either 'standard' or 'black' mirror blades on a GnR LE. Would also love to see some video of game play with these installed if anybody has this available.

I wouldn't be so sure about black mirrors. I know that one guy who posted photos looked pretty good, but I have seen the black ones in person on other machines and was not impressed. You barely knew they were there.

#1831 3 years ago
Quoted from Shmilder:

Any suggestions for the Aussie market for a reasonably priced sub? Those recommend here aren't available in a AUS.

I've bought them for under $100 at pawnshops second hand before for pins mate. No particular brand, just priced right.

#1832 3 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

I think the Polk PSW10 sub is used by many (including myself) since u get a lot of bang for your buck. Its a decent Sub and its cheap. Clearly there are better subs on the market, but for pinball it may not matter much

I have one and use it on my Black Knight SOR and for my entertainment center. Great sub for the money.

#1833 3 years ago
Quoted from fridgejam:

I have Gold on my Kiss LE and very happy with them.
I may do the same if the clearance is there. I donā€™t want to scratch them up so would like to hear feedback.

#1834 3 years ago

What an awesome video!! My tilt bob definitely is NOT centered. I'll have a look at aligning that and I'll install a foam earplug to dampen the swing. Thanks!!

Thatā€™s normal on every game. The centering depends on how you choose to level your game. Thatā€™s why the brass ring is made to be pliable so after you level you bend it to center on the rod.

#1835 3 years ago
Quoted from pinballaddicted:

The protectors do nothing to protect from pooling and chipping. We have a protector on all our games too. I was hoping that we could just buy a Gunners and play it without fitting a protector.

There are pictures of the games now including washers under the posts, does anyone know if there is enough room in the post cutouts of the playfield protectors to fit over the washers? It would be no good if the protector sits on top of the washer causing a gap.

I'm thinking the combination of the washers and the protector should hopefully be enough to minimise these issues, if I decide to purchase hopefully I can fit both.

I don't think the clearcoat issues are going to be resolved at all, if they had a fancy new process that fixed all these issues I can't imagine they would decide to release the crappy pooling chipping playfields first on such an important title and then sneak the wonderful new playfields in shortly after without telling anyone.

#1836 3 years ago
Quoted from Shmilder:

https://www.amazon.com.au/Sony-SACS9-10-Inch-Active-Subwoofer/dp/B00O8YLIY6/ref=sr_1_1?dchild=1&keywords=subwoofer&qid=1603747740&sr=8-1&th=1

It looks like Amazon has the Sony in stock for Melbourne that uses the AUS storefront and ships from the US

#1837 3 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Thatā€™s normal on every game. The centering depends on how you choose to level your game. Thatā€™s why the brass ring is made to be pliable so after you level you bend it to center on the rod.

The brass ring can be moved by loosening the screws, or even moving one screw. The hanger can be bent or twisted too. To get the plumb bob centered.

You can even remove one wire from the hanger or ring and tape it off and tuck it into the nearby wires. The plumb bob tilt always comes up in error. In settings turn off the tech alert and credit dot. If you hit the enter diagnostic button, you still see any errors, including the plumb bob that isn't working, ignore that one.

LTG : )

#1838 3 years ago
Quoted from Shmilder:

https://djcity.com.au/product/skytronic-shfs10b-10-inch-hifi-home-subwoofer/

#1839 3 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

. In settings turn off the tech alert and credit dot.

I do it differently. On the new games with WiFi I changed the settings to Auto call LTG on any tech alert 24/7! In fact, I suggest JJP put your your personal phone number on the screen in Place of a credit Dot. Lol

#1840 3 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

I do it differently. On the new games with WiFi I changed the settings to Auto call LTG on any tech alert 24/7! In fact, I suggest JJP put your your personal phone number on the screen in Place of a credit Dot. Lol

With built in wifi and a plug in camera, LTG could connect via zoom and help you fix it via a conference call! I like this idea. Personal tech support.

#1841 3 years ago
Quoted from LukyDuck:

With built in wifi and a plug in camera, LTG could connect via zoom and help you fix it via a conference call! I like this idea. Personal tech support.

Trust me, you do Not want to actually SEE #LTG lol.

#1842 3 years ago

$151 delivery fee though

#1844 3 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Trust me, you do Not want to actually SEE #LTG lol.

Listen here Quasimodo, you once won an ugly dog contest because they had to allow two legged entries.

#1845 3 years ago
Quoted from BallyKISS1978:

I have one and use it on my Black Knight SOR and for my entertainment center. Great sub for the money.

How do you hook one up to a BKSOR? Really want one, but wasn't sure how. do you just alligator clip it to the bottom speaker?

#1846 3 years ago

I have to give an update on my broken left ramp diverter coil meltdown.
I reached out to JJP support last night before I went to bed. I have confirmed service ticket at 1 A.M.
I went to bed
At 2 A.M. I get email from Steve at JJP support " asking me to check transistors"
So when I woke up at 8 a.m. I started to look into checking Transistors.
I work a little in the morning , so I called Steve at 11 A.M. and asked a few questions and we were able to verify that my transistors are GOOD.
We did find a Blown fuse.
So He is sending me Coil and sleeve and fuse.

What Im trying to say is THATS INCREDIBLE SERVICE!!!
I waited 3 weeks for stern to send me new subway assembly for Avengers!

Thanks Steve and Thanks to JJP for taking care of this!

#1847 3 years ago

Why did your coil still overheat before the fuse blew? Was it over fused?

#1848 3 years ago
Quoted from Shmilder:

$151 delivery fee though

Ooh, ouch sorry didn't see that on my end

#1850 3 years ago
Quoted from Gambeno:

How do you hook one up to a BKSOR? Really want one, but wasn't sure how. do you just alligator clip it to the bottom speaker?

Thats the cheapest and easiest way, yes.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pin Monk

8,400 (OBO)
$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
The MOD Couple

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 210.00
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

ā‚¬ 42.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

Machine - For Sale
Purcellville, VA
$ 11,000.00
8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Plantsville, CT
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 19.95
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 649.95
Lighting - Interactive
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 109.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

5,999 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Appleton, WI
$ 11,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 10,200.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 130.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Side Gig Studios

There are 28,410 posts in this topic. You are on page 37 of 569.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-jjp-gnr-thread/page/37?hl=sgsa and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.