IMG_2003 (resized).jpeg
1C8AE00A-E658-441F-8C85-35F46CC105C1 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3148 (resized).jpeg
20240407_215717 (resized).jpg
20240407_215654 (resized).jpg
20240407_215630 (resized).jpg
IMG_0142 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

78 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 28,296 posts in this topic. You are on page 370 of 566.
#18451 2 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

You had Beatles issues?

Beatles playfields, at least in the initial shipment had pretty widespread pooling. Stern was hardcore about keeping it quiet, though. Saying things to owners like "if you post pics about this issue, you won't get assistance" etc. Seemed very draconian at the time.

#18452 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Beatles playfields, at least in the initial shipment had pretty widespread pooling. Stern was hardcore about keeping it quiet, though. Saying things to owners like "if you post pics about this issue, you won't get assistance" etc. Seemed very draconian at the time.

Wow. Never knew. Stern threatened customers as well. Dang!

#18453 2 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

I heard it from a couple people during that time around release, so I'm reasonably certain person 1 didn't make it up. At least they didn't blame the customer like JJP seemed to, they just threatened not to help.

#18454 2 years ago
Quoted from Vespula:

I did not have the problem, but when I was installing the fans, I noticed this cable on this connection was crooked and very tight on mine, and had just enough slack to pull a little enough loosen the bind and avoid potential disconnect.

I have plenty of slack in mine so I don’t believe there’s a disconnect issue happening, but I’ll add the zip tie nonetheless. Can’t hurt. I did play around with connecting/disconnecting that usb though and while it did correct the issue momentarily it did come back as soon as I started the next game. Unplugging the wiring harness seems to be the only solution that provides some decent relief, but eventually it’ll come back. Again, hoping there’s a more permanent solution out there!

#18455 2 years ago

Zaphx, close your ears, but I just went up to play and noticed all these dimples on my previously glassy play field..

First pin... First dimples.
Ah well, once I turned it on I can't see them. Gotta go play...

#18456 2 years ago
Quoted from Vespula:

Zaphx, close your ears, but I just went up to play and noticed all these dimples on my previously glassy play field..
First pin... First dimples.
Ah well, once I turned it on I can't see them. Gotta go play...

Fact of life my friend...only way to avoid dimples is not to play and I certainly do not advocate that

#18457 2 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Fact of life my friend...only way to avoid dimples is not to play and I certainly do not advocate that

Yeah, dimples are a fact of life with pinball. Learn to love 'em

#18458 2 years ago
Quoted from Xelz:

Yeah, dimples are a fact of life with pinball. Learn to love 'em

The prevailing wisdom is "keep playing and eventually they flatten out smooth."

I have never seen that happen. However, I can assert that if you keep playing you will eventually stop caring about the dimples.

#18459 2 years ago

Don't believe the hype. There weren't always dimples (not that they are a problem).

DSCF0212[1] (resized).jpgDSCF0212[1] (resized).jpg

DSCF0214[1] (resized).jpgDSCF0214[1] (resized).jpg

#18460 2 years ago

Forgive me for what Is likely a dumb question. I have a GNR LE #2133 that has a born on date of August 2021 and I saw someone post earlier that they had an LE #1450 (or something thereabouts) produced in October 2021. I would’ve thought the numbering was sequential by date. Is it normal for someone with a later bill date to have a lower number?

#18461 2 years ago
Quoted from RetroGamer74:

Forgive me for what Is likely a dumb question. I have a GNR LE #2133 that has a born on date of August 2021 and I saw someone post earlier that they had an LE #1450 (or something thereabouts) produced in October 2021. I would’ve thought the numbering was sequential by date. Is it normal for someone with a later bill date to have a lower number?

Here's what I've learned. Serials indicate production, last 4 of mine is 2421, so that's my production number...license plates just a badge of honor and indicate you got one. Mine is 2406. That's pretty darn close and not three norm... And not consistent as you've noticed.. there was a time around August like you mentioned where the LP # got way off from production serials, and more than normal. People suspected a box of plates in that range got misplaced.. but that's speculation. If there were many lines in the factory the LP numbers would deviate even more I'm sure.
The serial is the only true production number that would indicate the order. It wouldn't surprise me if people with connections get to snag a specific LP.

My top 3:

Last one #5000 would be cool.
1005 or

#18462 2 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

Don't believe the hype. There weren't always dimples (not that they are a problem).
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

Even now, the severity of the dimples often depends on how much the manufacturer is willing to fork over for good blanks, with a nice hardwood top layer. Stern is the worst for this. Some runs have craters, others for the SAME MACHINE in a different run have mild dimpling.

#18463 2 years ago
Quoted from HornerSyndrome:

I’ve had the game about a month now but have a couple of rule questions I can’t find / figure out.
1. What does the “fog” insert do in the upper playfield?
2. What is the single / double / triple jackpots for AMP MB? Hurry up shots but what determines JP?
3. What about Lights multiball? Shoot Ramps but what is the JP? Center scoop?
4. Pyro is easy - switch frenzy and then action button.
5. Crowd is two random lit shots then under the flipper for JP but what determines size of JP?
6. What determines the JP size for power chord? Tilt forums rules say it’s a set number but mine is variable.
Thanks!

I've had my machine since August and don't know the answers to your questions either -I'm now curious too......

#18464 2 years ago

Had the game a few weeks now, still can't believe how fast it is in decision making, really puts you under pressure. Just start to line up shots and then a multi ball, hit this hit that, and get sucked in. Get to a song and aim for the shots forgetting about what I was doing before, try to glance to the screen for what I need and get drained.

I used to think my F14 and BSD were brutal games but this is epic, not for drains but for what you are doing, I just tend to lose focus on my objectives and start smashing multi balls and get lost in the game.

Had my my first "Lets start a game tonight" how cool

#18465 2 years ago

>You had Beatles issues?

Quoted from Skyemont:

Despite what you read on pinside , JJP isn't the only manufacturer that can have poor customer service and Playfield issues .

#18466 2 years ago
Quoted from DKong:

Had my my first "Lets start a game tonight" how cool

I remember my first shall we play a game very well, it was in the first couple days of getting the pin, and it got me real good. Felt like I was on another planet in an episode of the Twilight zone for a sec...wtf, followed by confusion, then awe and a big grin.

Now I finally know what LTG stands for... Love This Game.

#18467 2 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

[quoted image]
[quoted image]

While that may be true, none of us have a time machine to go back to the older/harder wood they had available for those machines. We gotta dance with the girl what brung us.

#18468 2 years ago
Quoted from Vespula:

Here's what I've learned. Serials indicate production, last 4 of mine is 2421, so that's my production number...license plates just a badge of honor and indicate you got one. Mine is 2406. That's pretty darn close and not three norm... And not consistent as you've noticed.. there was a time around August like you mentioned where the LP # got way off from production serials, and more than normal. People suspected a box of plates in that range got misplaced.. but that's speculation. If there were many lines in the factory the LP numbers would deviate even more I'm sure.
The serial is the only true production number that would indicate the order. It wouldn't surprise me if people with connections get to snag a specific LP.
My top 3:
1005 or

You can definitely request a specific LE# and you don't even need any connections I just provided a few numbers to the distro when I placed the order and they got back to me with which one was still available (1818).

#18469 2 years ago
Quoted from Vespula:

My top 3:
1005 or

Thank you. Good to know…the last four of my serial # is 1667 so 2133 is not even close haha JJ must have pulled that LE # out of a hat.

#18470 2 years ago
Quoted from arzoo:

You can definitely request a specific LE# and you don't even need any connections I just provided a few numbers to the distro when I placed the order and they got back to me with which one was still available (1818).

Nice. Sounds like you did have a connection, your distro. I ordered direct but also I never asked either. I'll never know if JJP would have honored a request like that or not. I wonder if I missed the boat and if anybody on here has ordered direct and able to request a choice of license plate numbers?

#18471 2 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

>You had Beatles issues?

Despite what you read on pinside , JJP isn't the only manufacturer that can have poor customer service and Playfield issues .

This is 1000% true....

#18472 2 years ago

Two quick questions:

1) Where can I order the Slash guitar mod that attaches to the level and goes over the shooter lane?

2) My GNR LE has a complete absence of bass compared to my Stern AIQ and Mandalorian pins. Is that normal? Is there an EQ or other audio setting to improve the bass response or is the alternative a Pinwoofer kit?

Thanks,

Michael

#18473 2 years ago

Two quick questions:
1) Where can I order the Slash guitar mod that attaches to the level and goes over the shooter lane?
2) My GNR LE has a complete absence of bass compared to my Stern AIQ and Mandalorian pins. Is that normal? Is there an EQ or other audio setting to improve the bass response or is the alternative a Pinwoofer kit?
Thanks,
Michael

Pinwoofer kit is life changing. So disappointing that JJP chose to put an anemic sound system into this game.

Not sure where the Slash mod comes from though.

#18474 2 years ago

deleted

#18475 2 years ago

This one ?

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/slash-guitar-mod-for-jj-gnr#post-6601375

LTG : )

#18477 2 years ago

Maybe it's just me...but putting a Slash guitar over the "crowd" section of the game is kinda nonsensical.

#18478 2 years ago

Look through the gallery pictures for this thread and check out the posts.

LTG : )

#18479 2 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Maybe it's just me...but putting a Slash guitar over the "crowd" section of the game is kinda nonsensical.

I see your point and ack that you have to allow your mind to prioritize aesthetics over pure logic to accept this one.
Boobs probably make more sense since it's the crowd. lol:

#18480 2 years ago

This one here...
[quoted image]

Its this one -- you can get it off ebay.. someone made a bracket wire to attach it...
ebay.com link:
guitar (resized).jpgguitar (resized).jpg

#18481 2 years ago

I just joined the club with this LE. The topper will be here Friday.

20211214_174429 (resized).jpg20211214_174429 (resized).jpg20211214_181130 (resized).jpg20211214_181130 (resized).jpg
#18482 2 years ago

Just picked up GNRLE #454...my 2nd JJP game (DILE was my first).

Don't know if this has come up before, but I'm struck by the silent spinners. The gorgeous guitar pick spinners deserve some sound! Hello!?!

Without sound, the spinners aren't nearly as satisfying to smash...sorry. Low hanging fruit from a programming perspective...kind of surprising considering how long the code as been out.

#18483 2 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

Just picked up GNRLE #454...my 2nd JJP game (DILE was my first).
Don't know if this has come up before, but I'm struck by the silent spinners. The gorgeous guitar pick spinners deserve some sound! Hello!?!
Without sound, the spinners aren't nearly as satisfying to smash...sorry. Low hanging fruit from a programming perspective...kind of surprising considering how long the code as been out.

You don't hear the guitar riffs when you slam the center spinner?

#18484 2 years ago

What's a good score? I'm done playing at the end of 1 day owning the game and the best I could do was 4.5 million.

#18485 2 years ago
Quoted from mmuglia:

What's a good score? I'm done playing at the end of 1 day owning the game and the best I could do was 4.5 million.

I’m mediocre at best. I have more scores under 5 mill than over. I am happy when I get over 12 mill

#18486 2 years ago
Quoted from Vespula:

Its this one -- you can get it off ebay.. someone made a bracket wire to attach it...
ebay.com link:
[quoted image]

Thanks!

#18487 2 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

I get that. Just thought it looked cool in some of the pics but not sure about it. The goal is to tastefully personalize but not go overboard or clutter the inside with crap.

#18488 2 years ago

Im no pro...got 18.5 mil on my first game.

Luck i guess.

#18489 2 years ago

I have come to a conclusion .In my love/hate relationship with this pin (my first NIB) I have sided with love ! I’m still upset over having a brand new “toy”, I spent 9800 for , falling apart from the beginning and being muzzled from the company I purchased it from .But recently I started playing it with the notion that I needed to step aside and just play it without thinking about what happened .Just play the damn thing and come to a conclusion to sell or not .I chose not , and I want to be in the mix to purchase from them again but if I don’t get a reach out , at least to explain themselves over what happened and how they will improve the situation I won’t look they’re way again .I am a pimple on the ass of this hobby but I have morals and so should they .I’m not asking for much ,just a reach out to say your sorry and I’ll be all good going forward .It’s up to you JJP .Do the right thing or lose a fan .

#18490 2 years ago
Quoted from Pauz21:

Stupid question. On the SE. there’s the clear plastic guitar over the left ramp. I see a wire running to it. Is it supposed to light up? Mine doesn’t if it is supposed to.

Bump on this

#18491 2 years ago

Installed the official art blades tonight (well again lol, see below) and overall I think they look very nice. The game definitely stands out more with the art blades installed. Its also nice that each art blade has unique artwork.

Note! You must use the included clear plastic protectors anytime you are lifting or lowering the playfield with these art blades. I've never seen so little room between a playfield and cabinet before. I actually made a mistake during my first install attempt, ripped both art blades and had to order a second set as I accidently forgot to install the protectors when lowering the playfield (lesson learned).

For the second time around I tried the wet method to install these and it didn't really work. There's so little room in between the playfield and cabinet that even with a bit of soapy water sprayed on the blades still got stuck. I ended up having to apply them with the backing on and then remove it a few pieces at a time. Again, always use the clear plastic blade protectors during and after installation.

One last thing, it's disappointing to see how thin the official JJP art blades are compared to Sterns that in my opinion are thicker, have what appears to be a more durable surface coating, and are cheaper ($90 versus $130).

Screenshot_20211214-230137_Gallery (resized).jpgScreenshot_20211214-230137_Gallery (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20211214-230149_Gallery (resized).jpgScreenshot_20211214-230149_Gallery (resized).jpg

#18492 2 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

One last thing, it's disappointing to see how thin the official JJP art blades are compared to Sterns that in my opinion are thicker, have what appears to be a more durable surface coating, and are cheaper ($80 versus $130).
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

Yeah, I was pretty surprised at how flimsy the JJP art blades are compared to Sterns. Not as bad as AP's PAPER ones, but still not very durable.

#18493 2 years ago

From the pictures I've seen , it's meant to light up and looks really cool when it is .

IMG_20211215_214547 (resized).jpgIMG_20211215_214547 (resized).jpgIMG_20211215_214612 (resized).jpgIMG_20211215_214612 (resized).jpg
#18494 2 years ago
Quoted from mmuglia:

I would say 10 million generally makes me happy. To get on my high scoreboard now, I need at least 60 million. In general, the scores on this game start going up exponentially because of how the song jackpots build. My GC is about 160 million and that made me very happy

#18495 2 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Installed the official art blades tonight (well again lol, see below) and overall I think they look very nice. The game definitely stands out more with the art blades installed. Its also nice that each art blade has unique artwork.
Note! You must use the included clear plastic protectors anytime you are lifting or lowering the playfield with these art blades. I've never seen so little room between a playfield and cabinet before. I actually made a mistake during my first install attempt, ripped both art blades and had to order a second set as I accidently forgot to install the protectors when lowering the playfield (lesson learned).
For the second time around I tried the wet method to install these and it didn't really work. There's so little room in between the playfield and cabinet that even with a bit of soapy water sprayed on the blades still got stuck. I ended up having to apply them with the backing on and then remove it a few pieces at a time. Again, always use the clear plastic blade protectors during and after installation.
One last thing, it's disappointing to see how thin the official JJP art blades are compared to Sterns that in my opinion are thicker, have what appears to be a more durable surface coating, and are cheaper ($90 versus $130).
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

The game I just purchased had mirror blades installed. I much prefer the look of mirror blades on this title...the art blade art is too busy for my eye. Just looks like a rehash of the LE cabinet artwork...

#18496 2 years ago

Just blew a 56 MIL jackpot

#18497 2 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

From the pictures I've seen , it's meant to light up and looks really cool when it is .[quoted image][quoted image]

That’s what I thought. I’ll have to investigate. Thx

#18498 2 years ago
Quoted from Shmilder:

Just blew a 56 MIL jackpot

If there is any justice in the world the next release of code for this game will keep up with the largest uncollected jackpot... it is truly a moment of reckoning when you peek up at that screen with a single ball left in play and spot a 25+ million jackpot at risk... what a rush!

#18499 2 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

The game I just purchased had mirror blades installed. I much prefer the look of mirror blades on this title...the art blade art is too busy for my eye. Just looks like a rehash of the LE cabinet artwork...

Mirror blades are always cool. What's nice about the art blades is that all of the art work is unique compared to the LE cabinet artwork and each side has its own art. It's not a rehash of anything thankfully.

#18500 2 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

I actually prefer mirrored blades myself, but its a total crap shoot on whether or not they fit on JJP games. The clearance between the play field and sides is pretty inconsistent on their games. I purchased a couple blades for their games and had to change course because they wouldn't fit.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pin Monk

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Machine - For Sale
Islamorada, FL
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 210.00
€ 69.00
Pinball Machine
Multiball mods

$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

7,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Moreno Valley, CA
$ 60.00
Hardware
Pin Parts

$ 109.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 40.00
Playfield - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 130.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Machine - For Sale
St. Clair Shores, MI
$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

€ 42.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 10,200.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Tulsa, OK
$ 11,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 28,296 posts in this topic. You are on page 370 of 566.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-jjp-gnr-thread/page/370 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.