IMG_2676.gif
IMG_0960 (resized).jpeg
image1 (resized).jpeg
image0 (resized).jpeg
GnRAllenWrenchMod (resized).jpg
200w.gif
IMG_2222 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

78 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 28,398 posts in this topic. You are on page 367 of 568.
#18301 2 years ago

Heat ray lighting. I would like to say that the easiest way to do this is just hot glue some LED strip to the back of the plastic flame and just tap into a flasher.

The way I did it was to use this optocoupler so the shaker motor could be used as a trigger. That requires a separate power supply for the LEDS. The optocoupler is labeled so you have voltage input output to the LEDS and the trigger.

I should have taken some pictures as l was doing this but I didn't.

The LED strip that I used you can cut to size and I also cut some of the sides off so it would stay hidden. Be careful if you do this don't get to close to the LED as it will stop working. There is plenty of strip to play with. There is a switch right by the back of the bridge to bring the wire down to the bottom of the playfield. The wire is at the bottom of the flame.

NOYITO Optocoupler isolation MOS FET 10A DC 2.7-27V High-Power Field Effect Tube Driver Module 0-20Khz PWM Switch Control Board Development Board Module https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07R4VCCPL/ref=cm_sw_r_apan_glt_fabc_M08YHKE356W4ZTA0WFGA

Ocona COB LED Light Strips ,... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08P6SGZNT

#18302 2 years ago
Quoted from sushko:

Heat ray lighting. I would like to say that the easiest way to do this is just hot glue some LED strip to the back of the plastic flame and just tap into a flasher.
The way I did it was to use this optocoupler so the shaker motor could be used as a trigger. That requires a separate power supply for the LEDS. The optocoupler is labeled so you have voltage input output to the LEDS and the trigger.
I should have taken some pictures as l was doing this but I didn't.
The LED strip that I used you can cut to size and I also cut some of the sides off so it would stay hidden. Be careful if you do this don't get to close to the LED as it will stop working. There is plenty of strip to play with. There is a switch right by the back of the bridge to bring the wire down to the bottom of the playfield. The wire is at the bottom of the flame.
NOYITO Optocoupler isolation MOS FET 10A DC 2.7-27V High-Power Field Effect Tube Driver Module 0-20Khz PWM Switch Control Board Development Board Module amazon.com link »
Ocona COB LED Light Strips ,... amazon.com link »

Sorry, is this posted in the right forum? plastic flames? bridge? ...curious what pin is this reply in reference to?
Its a puzzle! Guesses anyone?

#18303 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Put a washer on the left side underneath the scoop mounting. Sends it to the left flipper every time just by tilting the scoop assembly that tiny amount. First change anyone should make.

Just did this and works great, best 5 minute fix yet.

20211208_093806 (resized).jpg20211208_093806 (resized).jpg20211208_093812 (resized).jpg20211208_093812 (resized).jpg20211208_093822 (resized).jpg20211208_093822 (resized).jpg20211208_094138 (resized).jpg20211208_094138 (resized).jpg

#18304 2 years ago

Quick question…so When I hit my right orbit shot and upon the return down the left orbit the ball hits the left sling - any advice/tips to guide it so it hits the left flipper?

#18305 2 years ago

2 quick questions, apologize if these have been answered previously.
For Pinwoofer, anyone know what the Amplifier Mounting bracket is for? Is that just an optional item to secure the Amp?
Scorbit - is their automatic integration or do i need to buy the scorbitron device for scorbit to work with GNR?
Thanks!

#18306 2 years ago
Quoted from Vespula:

Sorry, is this posted in the right forum? plastic flames? bridge? ...curious what pin is this reply in reference to?
Its a puzzle! Guesses anyone?

It's in a Godzilla thread so it's obvious what it's referring to. Maybe you should go back to the JJP Guns N Roses thread.

#18307 2 years ago
Quoted from John-Floyd:

Quick question…so When I hit my right orbit shot and upon the return down the left orbit the ball hits the left sling - any advice/tips to guide it so it hits the left flipper?

I bent the metal guide near the left spinner to fix this.

#18308 2 years ago
Quoted from sushko:

Maybe you should go back to the JJP Guns N Roses thread.

He's already here

#18309 2 years ago
Quoted from ZoraShinoda:

2 quick questions, apologize if these have been answered previously.
For Pinwoofer, anyone know what the Amplifier Mounting bracket is for? Is that just an optional item to secure the Amp?
Scorbit - is their automatic integration or do i need to buy the scorbitron device for scorbit to work with GNR?
Thanks!

The bracket is made to mount the amp. They suggest taking out the coin box, but I mounted mine on the right bottom of the cabinet opposite the shaker

Scorbit on JJP games is free for home users and does not require a subscription.

#18310 2 years ago
Quoted from sushko:

It's in a Godzilla thread so it's obvious what it's referring to. Maybe you should go back to the JJP Guns N Roses thread.

Um, maybe check the thread you are in before offering the same advice...

#18311 2 years ago

I figured bending the guide rail was the fix - is there a specific technique that most people use?

#18312 2 years ago

Screamin's got the excuse that it's 7am for not getting the joke. Pinmonk not so much.

#18313 2 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

Screamin's got the excuse that it's 7am for not getting the joke. Pinmonk not so much.

What am I missing
It's the end of the week for me and by now I'm not usually at my sharpest

#18314 2 years ago

The one from sushko was tongue in cheek.

#18315 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Um, maybe check the thread you are in before offering the same advice...

Now the joke is definitely on me. Let me go back to the right thread. Sorry for the confusion.

#18316 2 years ago
Quoted from John-Floyd:

I figured bending the guide rail was the fix - is there a specific technique that most people use?

I was very gentle with pliers and did some trial and error until I was happy with the result.

#18317 2 years ago
Quoted from sushko:Now the joke is definitely on me. Let me go back to the right thread. Sorry for the confusion.

Ha Ha

#18318 2 years ago

Shit, on me too. Tried to downvote myself but couldn't. Someone else will have to reinforce my stupidity.

#18319 2 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

It's my 7am.

#18320 2 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I just did mine .
Problem sorted . Definitely the way to go about doing it.

#18321 2 years ago

While I had the glass off , I installed my Appetite for Destruction keyring .
I like how it matches my record .
Turned out great , really happy with the result .

IMG20211209194427 (resized).jpgIMG20211209194427 (resized).jpgScreenshot_2021-12-09-21-14-13-07 (resized).pngScreenshot_2021-12-09-21-14-13-07 (resized).pngIMG20211209213008 (resized).jpgIMG20211209213008 (resized).jpgIMG_20211209_213116 (resized).jpgIMG_20211209_213116 (resized).jpg
#18322 2 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Thanks mate, I wasn't sure of what gauge washers to use. i used the smallest one I had and straight to the tip of the left flipper every time, I love you

#18323 2 years ago

My pop bumper hang up fix has already broken, need a better fix for this

IMG_0932 (resized).jpgIMG_0932 (resized).jpg
#18324 2 years ago
Quoted from DKong:

[quoted image]

I got lucky .
I don't get stuck balls there , I saw one once and it was during multiball but just got knocked out .

#18325 2 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

I got lucky .
I don't get stuck balls there , I saw one once and it was during multiball but just got knocked out .

I am going to try a fat rubber over the post

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#18326 2 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

I got lucky .

how much are you loving this game though, so awesome

#18327 2 years ago
Quoted from DKong:

I am going to try a fat rubber over the post

You could even try cutting an eraser to shape . You just need something bendy and not hard that will crack .
I am slowly figuring out what to.do .
Even though I'm not getting big scores YET , I'm still enjoying it so much .

#18328 2 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

You could even try cutting an eraser to shape . You just need something bendy and not hard that will crack .
I am slowly figuring out what to.do .
Even though I'm not getting big scores YET , I'm still enjoying it so much .

Same the game is sublime, love GNR as well, but the shots are awesome, getting the flippers happening on the left, getting the loops, upper PF wow so much going on

#18329 2 years ago

Is there a patch for the centre loop band member .
Took me a week or more to realised the little TV tells you what all the patches do

#18330 2 years ago
Quoted from DKong:

Thanks mate, I wasn't sure of what gauge washers to use. i used the smallest one I had and straight to the tip of the left flipper every time, I love you

The ball should be directed to the middle of the flipper. Your hood is likely off. Use a nut driver and loosen the 2 screws behind the hood and turn it to the left. Tighten back up and you should be good. No need to remove upper playfield. It’s easier with a nut driver than a screwdriver

#18331 2 years ago

One thing that is really giving me the shits is , after about half an hour of play , the game will say " skill shot " and auto plunge , even turning it off and on didn't fix it , you have to re calibrate the sensors , manually .
I will have to see how long that lasts .
I recall Keith saying they had issues with the sensors with different lighting , for the record it's dark now and I haven't adjusted the lights

#18332 2 years ago
Quoted from jsa:

Hey, sorry, it's definitely needing work to be more intuitive!
Step 1: Tap the big S logo on the bottom
Step 2: Tap the name of your venue (or the game if the list of machine is already there)
Step 3: Tap the name of the machine
The "Waiting to Start" is like attract mode. Once you hit the start button on the game, you should see the screen automatically change to player slots (i.e. Player 1, Player 2, etc.).
If you tap the word "Player 1," it changes to "You." Other people with the app see your name there. The game of course also!
Let me know if that makes sense.

That doesn't work for my game .
I don't know if it makes any difference , but I use my phone as a hotspot .
If I'm connected to scorebit , it will show my score but it will not let me put it up .
To get properly connected , I have to take a picture of the qr-code through the app .
Once I have done that , it will say the spot is claimed and I will be good to go .

IMG20211210004141 (resized).jpgIMG20211210004141 (resized).jpgIMG20211210004328 (resized).jpgIMG20211210004328 (resized).jpg
#18333 2 years ago
Quoted from DKong:

[quoted image]

Personally, I feel people are really overthinking this ball hangup fix. I stuck a small rubber cabinet bumper in that spot and haven't had a ball hangup since. Cheap and guaranteed not to break.

https://www.amazon.com/Scotch-Bumpers-Pack-Clear-SP950-NA/dp/B01N922DLO/ref=sr_1_5

#18334 2 years ago

Well, I’m dumb. Can someone near their game take a quick snap of rubber right above the AMP/Coma lanes? I know which 3 posts it goes between, but now that I’m putting it back together it doesn’t look right. My bad, I thought what I was doing was too simple to forget. Thanks!

#18335 2 years ago
Quoted from deejaypee:

Well, I’m dumb. Can someone near their game take a quick snap of rubber right above the AMP/Coma lanes? I know which 3 posts it goes between, but now that I’m putting it back together it doesn’t look right. My bad, I thought what I was doing was too simple to forget. Thanks!

I literally did this last night and thought the same as you. I looked at the manual (on line), it only goes on 2 posts not 3..in a straight line.

#18336 2 years ago
Quoted from Vyzer2:

I literally did this last night and thought the same as you. I looked at the manual (on line), it only goes on 2 posts not 3..in a straight line.

Thank you sir! That’s what I thought too, but then it looks loose when I put it back on. I mean it is loose. I might be having a stroke though. I’ll let you set me straight, here’s what I got.

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
#18337 2 years ago

Wait it goes all the way down to the coma nurse post? It must, that looks right from the player perspective. But so there’s a rubber holding thick post that doesn’t hold rubber, huh? Is this right?

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
#18338 2 years ago

I’ll send you a pic. On the phone at moment.

#18339 2 years ago
Quoted from deejaypee:

Wait it goes all the way down to the coma nurse post? It must, that looks right from the player perspective. But so there’s a rubber holding thick post that doesn’t hold rubber, huh? Is this right?

It does look weird all naked like that, but that post holds up the playfield plastic.

#18340 2 years ago

Here’s a quick pic. You currently have the rubber on the wrong posts. Let me know if you need another pic.

D7FAD655-C3FC-49B0-BBC4-0177ECFB7BE5 (resized).jpegD7FAD655-C3FC-49B0-BBC4-0177ECFB7BE5 (resized).jpeg
#18341 2 years ago
Quoted from Mattyk:

The ball should be directed to the middle of the flipper. Your hood is likely off. Use a nut driver and loosen the 2 screws behind the hood and turn it to the left. Tighten back up and you should be good. No need to remove upper playfield. It’s easier with a nut driver than a screwdriver

I've done that 3 times in 350 plays and it keeps loosening up and shifting back. Funny how some games have no issues here, a friends game has not been touched and works perfect. Whoever came up with the washer idea deserves all the credit, seems to be the correct solution. With a small telescoping magnet to hold the washer in place, it's really less than 5 minutes to do.

#18342 2 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

I've done that 3 times in 350 plays and it keeps loosening up and shifting back. Funny how some games have no issues here, a friends game has not been touched and works perfect. Whoever came up with the washer idea deserves all the credit, seems to be the correct solution. With a small telescoping magnet to hold the washer in place, it's really less than 5 minutes to do.

I’ve had to retighten a few times as well. I think I used a tiny bit of blue thread lock and all has been well.

#18343 2 years ago
Quoted from Vyzer2:

Here’s a quick pic. You currently have the rubber on the wrong posts. Let me know if you need another pic. [quoted image]

Perfect, thank you. That’s what I came up with, and frobozz is right, it just looks weird without the plastics and bass wire form, makes you second guess yourself. All is well now! Thank you gents.

#18344 2 years ago
Quoted from Daditude:

I just saw this custom topper. It's pretty sweet![quoted image]

Where are these kits? - via that FB group? Thanks!

#18345 2 years ago

For anyone interested in what I was up to, I want to say first that my playfield has held up very nicely overall and I’m not (very) mad… last night I saw the uppermost post holding the rubber above the GNR lane. It wasn’t perpendicular to the PF. It was digging in nastily. Short story, took it out, dug out the mess, did Yelobird ironing, took care of some pooling on the post next to it the same way, installed a taller t-nut and a washer (had to trim it), and it looks decent and hopefully will hold up. It’s perpendicular, anyway. Game on!886A04E6-B6CD-4586-BE4D-F0951390C376 (resized).jpeg886A04E6-B6CD-4586-BE4D-F0951390C376 (resized).jpeg25394957-B5F9-4E13-A929-CCDB2C1A4959 (resized).jpeg25394957-B5F9-4E13-A929-CCDB2C1A4959 (resized).jpegE191FE9B-EE3C-4A23-B4A5-20F0B98687C1 (resized).jpegE191FE9B-EE3C-4A23-B4A5-20F0B98687C1 (resized).jpegC280AD7A-2B1B-4CC3-8102-C04286EC7DE8 (resized).jpegC280AD7A-2B1B-4CC3-8102-C04286EC7DE8 (resized).jpeg

185E4B40-F3DB-44A7-8768-0EB4255BB3BA (resized).jpeg185E4B40-F3DB-44A7-8768-0EB4255BB3BA (resized).jpeg
#18346 2 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

One thing that is really giving me the shits is , after about half an hour of play , the game will say " skill shot " and auto plunge , even turning it off and on didn't fix it , you have to re calibrate the sensors , manually .
I will have to see how long that lasts .
I recall Keith saying they had issues with the sensors with different lighting , for the record it's dark now and I haven't adjusted the lights

I noticed after I installed beta20 code, the message "sensors calibration in progress please wait" or something to that effect shows in the bottom left of the big monitor after every game (frobozz told me it is able to be turned off in settings, btw, which I confirmed and turned off... having it on slows me down from starting the next game!).
Guess it's on my default in the beta code to help with the issue you are mentioning?

#18347 2 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

That doesn't work for my game .
I don't know if it makes any difference , but I use my phone as a hotspot .
If I'm connected to scorebit , it will show my score but it will not let me put it up .
To get properly connected , I have to take a picture of the qr-code through the app .
Once I have done that , it will say the spot is claimed and I will be good to go .
[quoted image][quoted image]

When you say this doesn't work for your game... what do you mean? What happens when you hit the S icon?

You should see your venue, then your game, then the Waiting to Start. Does that happen? What happens when you press Player 1?

#18348 2 years ago
Quoted from Mattyk:

Thank you, I did this as well and now going to the middle of the left flipper, just had time to give it a quick test, and ended up playing just about all of November Rain, and my second highest score, 4,500,000 yeah yeah pretty low but still working out all the scoring.

Also put a rubber back around the post near the pops and no hang ups.

#18349 2 years ago
Quoted from deejaypee:

For anyone interested in what I was up to, I want to say first that my playfield has held up very nicely overall and I’m not (very) mad… last night I saw the uppermost post holding the rubber above the GNR lane. It wasn’t perpendicular to the PF. It was digging in nastily. Short story, took it out, dug out the mess, did Yelobird ironing, took care of some pooling on the post next to it the same way, installed a taller t-nut and a washer (had to trim it), and it looks decent and hopefully will hold up. It’s perpendicular, anyway. Game on![quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]
[quoted image]

Held up nicely?
I can tell you’re a glass half full type guy.

#18350 2 years ago
Quoted from jsa:

When you say this doesn't work for your game... what do you mean? What happens when you hit the S icon?
You should see your venue, then your game, then the Waiting to Start. Does that happen? What happens when you press Player 1?

Pressing the scorebit icon does everything you say .
Pressing player one does nothing . I'm using Android .

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pin Monk

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

8,250 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Glendora, CA
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 210.00
€ 69.00
Pinball Machine
Multiball mods

$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Plantsville, CT
$ 60.00
Hardware
Pin Parts

$ 109.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 40.00
Playfield - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 130.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

7,450 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Silverthorne, CO
$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

€ 42.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 10,200.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

Machine - For Sale
Warren, OH
$ 11,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 28,398 posts in this topic. You are on page 367 of 568.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-jjp-gnr-thread/page/367?hl=sako-trg and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.