IMG_20240413_155856 (resized).jpg
IMG_1426 (resized).jpeg (© Nutty 5.0)
IMG_2636.gif
IMG_2002 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2003 (resized).jpeg
1C8AE00A-E658-441F-8C85-35F46CC105C1 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3148 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

78 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 28,336 posts in this topic. You are on page 366 of 567.
#18251 2 years ago
Quoted from RoadQueen:

I’m newish to pinball owning too and Cliffy scoop installing also seemed scary initially but was not bad at all. Follow key posts from Vitty and Fooflighter for photos and steps. BUT, I did not disconnect a single cable or cut any zip ties. So after removing the 4 screws that hold the upper playfield just had enough room to carefully lift it, slide a microfiber towel to avoid scratching stuff and it gave me enough room to work on the scoop. Best thing was to lay all the removed pieces and nuts/bolts in a straight line to be able to track my steps back to put it back together, and take a photo before disassembling each step so you remember how to put it back.

I had the same experience

#18252 2 years ago

Just got the Pinblades from PinGraffix and they look so good.

Was wondering has anyone heard of a similar product (vinyl sticker) for the inside walls of the top of the machine.

That would be such a great place for one. Wonder if PinGraffix will take on a custom project?

#18253 2 years ago
Quoted from SJBRENT:

Just got the Pinblades from PinGraffix and they look so good.
Was wondering has anyone heard of a similar product (vinyl sticker) for the inside walls of the top of the machine.
That would be such a great place for one. Wonder if PinGraffix will take on a custom project?

Mine arrive Wednesday, finally!
Looking forward to trying this install out. The pics thechakapakuni posted of his look great. (Where the heck is he anyway?? Still not on since Nov 17, anyone got a direct line to him?)

Anyway
You've got a great idea on the back box inside walls.... Maybe continue the same vines and roses art that's on the apron.

#18254 2 years ago

Another wishlist item for pinball_keefer on jjGnR. If I have a 6 ball power chord building and it does the "release" sound because the timer has run out and starts releasing 4 or 5 balls I've built up toward it, if I can get a ball into the guitar lock right then, it would be nice if I could arrest the release and reset the lock clock.

Those 6 ball power chords are a bitch to set up, and it's a PAIN when it starts dumping them when you only had one left to complete it. If the game allowed you to halt the dump at the point you locked another ball, it would be a pretty great "save" feeling.

#18255 2 years ago

Why is the upper playfield ramp so hard for me to hit with right flipper... Argh! I can pound that Target right next to it but I miss that ramp way way too much.

And is it me or is that little flipper up there kinda weak? If the ball isn't landing on it just right, its not that easy to use it to make it to the lock. Drain it goes. Even if I shoot it to the bass ramp, I'm at least happy I got a decent pop from that lil flipper.

#18256 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Another wishlist item for pinball_keefer on jjGnR. If I have a 6 ball power chord building and it does the "release" sound because the timer has run out and starts releasing 4 or 5 balls I've built up toward it, if I can get a ball into the guitar lock right then, it would be nice if I could arrest the release and reset the lock clock.
Those 6 ball power chords are a bitch to set up, and it's a PAIN when it starts dumping them when you only had one left to complete it. If the game allowed you to halt the dump at the point you locked another ball, it would be a pretty great "save" feeling.

I have a system for this. First, I wait for a natural first ball up the ramp, and if the ball save is still happening (usually is), I’ll ignore the bottom flippers and start the power chord. Then, however many balls I have left, almost all of them magically go up the ramp and into the ball lock with surprising ease. With one loose ball remaining, I simply fail to make it up the ramp 6 times, then I get it up there but the ball will end up out of reach of the upper flipper, either by going straight to the VUK or weaseling around the left side of the upper pf. THEN I try like mad to get it back up there, and I always do, and when I’m just about to pop that sucker into the lock, I hear the drums announcing that power chord is donesky and it starts dropping balls on me. My last ball ends up getting ejected too, which unlocks my ability to drop the f-bomb and curse all the time I wasted not hitting mode shots for the song.

It’s fool-proof and I am excellent at it.

#18257 2 years ago

I don’t know how you effing guys do it that are getting like 80 million 200 million etc. I feel like I’m pretty effing good and generally kick ass at this game and I’m pretty typically like 2.5 mill occasionally I get like a 20 million game.

I think at one time I got like 19 patches and I got shit for score.

Stylistically I’m a rock star. Score wise I’m balls.

#18258 2 years ago

Going back to where my ball was getting stuck under the left return ramp here, was quite lodged, and happened all the time

So just added a Nylex ring to lift from the sling attachment.

Should I try to bend the ramp ? or is this being caused from something further up ?

IMG_0918 (resized).jpgIMG_0918 (resized).jpgIMG_0919 (resized).jpgIMG_0919 (resized).jpg
#18259 2 years ago
Quoted from DKong:

Going back to where my ball was getting stuck under the left return ramp here, was quite lodged, and happened all the time
So just added a Nylex ring to lift from the sling attachment.
Should I try to bend the ramp ? or is this being caused from something further up ?[quoted image][quoted image]

Are you sure there isn't just a washer missing where the ramp attaches to the post on the end of the sling? I can't really tell how much clearance it needs for that ramp because the angle is bad and the resolution is too low to zoom in.

#18260 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Are you sure there isn't just a washer missing where the ramp attaches to the post on the end of the sling? I can't really tell how much clearance it needs for that ramp because the angle is bad and the resolution is too low to zoom in.

Quoted from PinMonk:

maybe but cannot see any difference from other posts of the game

#18261 2 years ago

I will say after playing heaps of games tonight, that centre scoop, fuck you, STDM every time

#18262 2 years ago
Quoted from DKong:

I will say after playing heaps of games tonight, that centre scoop, fuck you, STDM every time

there are a lot of hints here how to fix this.
First try to change (e.g. lower) the coil power of the scoop. On my side this solved the problem.

#18263 2 years ago
Quoted from DKong:

Put a washer on the left side underneath the scoop mounting. Sends it to the left flipper every time just by tilting the scoop assembly that tiny amount. First change anyone should make.

#18264 2 years ago
Quoted from holminone:

I don’t know how you effing guys do it that are getting like 80 million 200 million etc. I feel like I’m pretty effing good and generally kick ass at this game and I’m pretty typically like 2.5 mill occasionally I get like a 20 million game.

take your time, and go to 2 or 3rd song mode with good preparation (150 song level) and play the more band frenzy as possible

#18265 2 years ago
Quoted from ray-dude:

This is a real long shot but I found this screw when cleaning out the cabinet of the new (to me) GnR. Any ideas?[quoted image]

Looks like the screws for the metal shield that mounts to the back of the playfield.

#18266 2 years ago
Quoted from holminone:

Patch strategy and band frenzy is a big part of my scores.

#18267 2 years ago

Does anyone know the part number for the lockdown bar button switch? Mine is randomly triggering twice sometimes.

#18268 2 years ago
Quoted from Jakers:

Does anyone know the part number for the lockdown bar button switch? Mine is randomly triggering twice sometimes.

Might just need to be adjusted a bit.

#18269 2 years ago
Quoted from Vespula:

Why is the upper playfield ramp so hard for me to hit with right flipper... Argh! I can pound that Target right next to it but I miss that ramp way way too much.

I have this happen a lot too. I wish I could figure out how to de-klunk that left ramp shot to be more consistent from the right flipper.

#18270 2 years ago

I've had my LE for a couple months now. I was delighted that out of the box the scoop NEVER went SDTM. Now, however, after a few hundred plays, I find it going SDTM close to 50% of the time, which has amped up the frustration level. It would appear that a single washer under the mount on the left side is the recommended solution for this problem? I am just going to do that rather than to try and loosen up the top screws and move it to the left and retighten...

#18271 2 years ago
Quoted from frobozz:

Might just need to be adjusted a bit.

I've tried adjusting many times. The problem is, the lockdown bar button doesn't sit directly over my switch. So sometimes when I press the button, it would slip past the side of the metal activator on the switch and get stuck under it, essentially locking the button in the downward position. This eventually bent/made my switch activator loose which is why I believe it needs to be replaced now.

#18272 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Well then it wouldn’t be a six ball power chord would it? I mean I hear you have felt the same way sometimes.

Quoted from PinMonk:

Well then it wouldn’t be a six ball power chord would it? I mean, I feel you we’ve all been there. But as long as the enhancements are built as configurable I’m all in.

Code enhancements for me are a bit different. Couple more callouts to vary things up (namely the one from Melissa where she says “shoot the targets” in that tone where your reaction is either “IM TRYING!”, or “I DID!” Love the custom slash rifts (there are tons of those corresponding to spinners and targets but perhaps there are additional opportunities). Slash solo reward and/or override. Album mode scoring. I’m on board with the disable pops during applause as configurable setting too. I’ve also felt a non linear ball save timer that corresponds to the number of multiball stacks might be nice. If for example I was solid enough to get four stacked, let that good stuff go on for just a bit longer. Especially after a quick four ball drain.

But all in all. Not sure I would change a thing. I think it’s the GOAT and always will. The MUSIC AND EXPERIENCE is so AWESOME!

#18273 2 years ago
Quoted from Vespula:

And is it me or is that little flipper up there kinda weak? If the ball isn't landing on it just right, its not that easy to use it to make it to the lock. Drain it goes. Even if I shoot it to the bass ramp, I'm at least happy I got a decent pop from that lil flipper.

Right there with you @vespula! I don’t know if it was my setup or if it is that I’m that bad I changed the angle of the right flipper so many times already but still have the same problem. That target on the right of the ramp gets hit constantly by me… ohh well, I’m not alone!

#18274 2 years ago
Quoted from DKong:

Take off the upper playfield and adjust the scoop to the left. Simple two screw adjustment. You can try without taking the upper off but the angle is bad. That adjustment Should get the pinball to the left flipper from the scoop.

#18275 2 years ago
Quoted from Mar3nBu:

Right there with you Vespula! I don’t know if it was my setup or if it is that I’m that bad I changed the angle of the right flipper so many times already but still have the same problem. That target on the right of the ramp gets hit constantly by me… ohh well, I’m not alone!

That left ramp can be a deceiving shot, and that right target is death. It reminds me of the Left ramp shot on JJPOTC. I have my flippers parallel to the guide and it’s a fairly late shot on the flipper for me, maybe 2/3 down.

#18276 2 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

That left ramp can be a deceiving shot, and that right target is death. It reminds me of the Left ramp shot on JJPOTC. I have my flippers parallel to the guide and it’s a fairly late shot on the flipper for me, maybe 2/3 down.

Eskaybee that is exactly my latest setup. I have the right flipper a bit down from the guide and it is a bit better, but still the amount of balls lost from bouncing off the right target SDTM or through the right outlane makes me want to rip the machine apart… but part of the fun and what makes me come back to it

#18277 2 years ago
Quoted from Jakers:

If adjusting doesn't help.

18-003015-00 Micro Switch with Straight Blade Actuator

LTG : )

#18278 2 years ago
Quoted from parsonsaj:

I've had my LE for a couple months now. I was delighted that out of the box the scoop NEVER went SDTM. Now, however, after a few hundred plays, I find it going SDTM close to 50% of the time, which has amped up the frustration level. It would appear that a single washer under the mount on the left side is the recommended solution for this problem? I am just going to do that rather than to try and loosen up the top screws and move it to the left and retighten...

All you have to do is remove the scoop rescrew it to a board take some pliers that are shielded by a microfiber so you don't scratch the scoop too bad and just ever so slightly twist it to the left as if you were facing it from the player position and when I say twist it I mean just a slight amount...

You want to grab with pliers on the side edges not the lip of the scoop and that is where you want to twist...

Resecure and enjoy having never to witness a straight down the middle drain again from the scoop

Just go slow with his adjustment it might take you a couple times to get it hitting the left flipper perfectly but I can guarantee it works and it's the easiest method then trying to tweak coil settings and mess with washers etc

#18279 2 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

I brought a belt buckle off eBay , ground down the back of it , and put super strong , super-slim magnets behind it .
I felt the middle of the apron looked a bit empty .
I got a couple because I wasn't sure which color would be best , so I put the other one on the coin door .[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I did the belt buckle too.
Great accent piece IMHO. ($16 total)

BeltBuckle (resized).JPGBeltBuckle (resized).JPG
#18280 2 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

I don't recall it saying to use any player number , maybe I missed it .
I would have assumed it was on this screen .
[quoted image]

Hey, sorry, it's definitely needing work to be more intuitive!

Step 1: Tap the big S logo on the bottom
Step 2: Tap the name of your venue (or the game if the list of machine is already there)
Step 3: Tap the name of the machine

The "Waiting to Start" is like attract mode. Once you hit the start button on the game, you should see the screen automatically change to player slots (i.e. Player 1, Player 2, etc.).

If you tap the word "Player 1," it changes to "You." Other people with the app see your name there. The game of course also!

Let me know if that makes sense.

#18281 2 years ago

So finally got some time on gnrle over the weekend at Pincinnati, and have a few questions before pulling "ahem" the "trigger"...

1. Can you adjust how many balls are in each multiball?

2. For those that have a recent build...are you seeing any pf issues? Are the rubbers still junk? Are washers preinstalled?

3. Are all the nib games coming with inner art blades (not installed tho)?

4. Do you still love your gnr or is it kinda meh after a while?

Thx for any opinions and hope to be rockn with you soon!

#18282 2 years ago
Quoted from Dantesmark:

So finally got some time on gnrle over the weekend at Pincinnati, and have a few questions before pulling "ahem" the "trigger"...
2. For those that have a recent build...are you seeing any pf issues? Are the rubbers still junk? Are washers preinstalled?

Mine is sept build. In response to your questions, you cant turn down the number of multiballs, but you can increase the difficulty in getting them.. no issues on field. Yes rubbers are still junk , at least on flippers and slings, yes washers installed. Art blades do not come with game, and mine is here for the long haul . Play it 10 to 1 over gz le.

#18283 2 years ago

Recently sold my AIQ Premium and picked up GNR LE with August 2021 born date, so it includes all of the quality of life fixes/tweaks. No regrets so far. I may be in the minority, but I love the multi-ball. Only issues are a bad servo on the left spotlight and a couple of spots where the ball gets stuck that require minor adjustments. I added the art blades, JJP topper and Lior’s bullet shooter, skull, and action button. Really happy with how it came out. Makes for a nice contrast to the Mando Premium.

64C1CB7B-777F-44DA-B7CD-EF25718DDC4A (resized).jpeg64C1CB7B-777F-44DA-B7CD-EF25718DDC4A (resized).jpeg3668A799-E9F9-40EF-82D5-DF44F497C6BC (resized).jpeg3668A799-E9F9-40EF-82D5-DF44F497C6BC (resized).jpeg88CF12A6-BDBA-46AF-AB4A-5E6C941E5C56 (resized).jpeg88CF12A6-BDBA-46AF-AB4A-5E6C941E5C56 (resized).jpegDE1494F9-24D7-4955-AFAC-77F1D949D223 (resized).jpegDE1494F9-24D7-4955-AFAC-77F1D949D223 (resized).jpeg
#18284 2 years ago
Quoted from RetroGamer74:

Recently sold my AIQ Premium and picked up GNR LE with August 2021 born date, so it includes all of the quality of life fixes/tweaks. No regrets so far. I may be in the minority, but I love the multi-ball. Only issues are a bad servo on the left spotlight and a couple of spots where the ball gets stuck that require minor adjustments. I added the art blades, JJP topper and Lior’s bullet shooter, skull, and action button. Really happy with how it came out. Makes for a nice contrast to the Mando Premium.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

You're not in the minority here.
I like the patience album sticker and the art blades are so sweet. Mine deliver tomorrow.

Congrats!

#18285 2 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Mine is sept build. In response to your questions, you cant turn down the number of multiballs, but you can increase the difficulty in getting them.. no issues on field. Yes rubbers are still junk , at least on flippers and slings, yes washers installed. Art blades do not come with game, and mine is here for the long haul . Play it 10 to 1 over gz le.

Thx so much for the info!

#18286 2 years ago
Quoted from Vespula:

Like many others, I find the left ramp much easier to backhand. A bunch of people have suggested lowering the angle of the right flipper just a little bit to shoot further to the left. I'm a novice with maintenance so I wasn't comfortable doing that. My solution was actually to lower the power of the right flipper by one single increment. For me that little bit sort of turned that flipper from a 'pull hitter' to a 'spray hitter' in baseball terms. I had a much easier time hitting that left orbit and left ramp after that. Banging that stand up target next to the ramp a lot less now.

#18287 2 years ago

Does anyone else find Civil War to be an extremely difficult song to play? I get boo'ed off more often than not if that song comes up. And I don't want to ever just choose a different song because that's one of my favourite GNR songs but I just find it so difficult. When you start off your only shots are the right orbit and inner loop I think? Those are the 2 shots in the game I have the hardest time making.

#18288 2 years ago
Quoted from etr104:

Does anyone else find Civil War to be an extremely difficult song to play? I get boo'ed off more often than not if that song comes up. And I don't want to ever just choose a different song because that's one of my favourite GNR songs but I just find it so difficult. When you start off your only shots are the right orbit and inner loop I think? Those are the 2 shots in the game I have the hardest time making.

I can muddle through, and didn't even know you could lose a ball by sucking too much until it happened once when my sensors all died in-game. But I think I've only ever finished Civil War once. I try to get the songs I want using the targets and never manually select them. Some songs I really like now because they have awesome light shows I never would have picked because I didn't like the songs.

#18289 2 years ago

I'm loving the detail of this game that each song experience has attempted to be designed with a look and feel and play reflective of it's name. Just the best pin and it's odd to say this but I'm excited because I'm not good, don't know how to play and barely scratching the surface of it. How boring it must be to be super human like Karl and only get to spend a short time with it before it's over having completely run through everything and mastered the game .

#18290 2 years ago
Quoted from etr104:

Yes it is also for me the hardest song, looking at all my scores also the one with the lowest score. Problem is, I love that song, so want to play it. Rocket Queen is also hard for me. Easy songs are November Rain, My michelle, Nighttrain, It so easy, MR Brownstone. And all are great songs so having fun playing those.

#18291 2 years ago
Quoted from etr104:

Do you prepare correctly your song? block 6 balls and play the 4 mini multiball before?

#18292 2 years ago
Quoted from Dantesmark:

1) good question. I don’t think that is configurable in the boosters.

2) July build. Perfect. ZERO issues. Rubbers super bouncy but had two failures. I like how they play though.

3) No art blades.

4) on the contrary. I still think it’s the greatest thing and toy I own and it’s not even close. But I can also see it’s not for everyone. “Cheap” drains can turn people off as can the theme. Some people can’t keep up with the chaos and all that is happening and I think that might be stressful or turn people off. For me it is pure magic that challenges my intellect and dexterity along with a massive injection of musical art that is rewarding AF. That says a lot. My KEF sub is also a huge contributor to my experience.

#18293 2 years ago
Quoted from parsonsaj:

This started to happen to me last night , I had to put a tissue around the Tilt , so I could move the pin to try to save it .
I will try the washer method before I start going at the scoop with some pliers .
Foofighter knows his stuff , so if the washers don't work , I will try it his way .

IMG_20211208_225341 (resized).jpgIMG_20211208_225341 (resized).jpg
#18294 2 years ago
Quoted from Budwin:

I did the belt buckle too.
Great accent piece IMHO. ($16 total)[quoted image]

Awesome , the picture doesn't do it justice

#18295 2 years ago
Quoted from jsa:

Hey, sorry, it's definitely needing work to be more intuitive!
Step 1: Tap the big S logo on the bottom
Step 2: Tap the name of your venue (or the game if the list of machine is already there)
Step 3: Tap the name of the machine
The "Waiting to Start" is like attract mode. Once you hit the start button on the game, you should see the screen automatically change to player slots (i.e. Player 1, Player 2, etc.).
If you tap the word "Player 1," it changes to "You." Other people with the app see your name there. The game of course also!
Let me know if that makes sense.

Really appreciate the response , I'll give it a go tomorrow and let you know .

#18296 2 years ago

I know this is buried in this thread somewhere...

1. Should i do a soundbar topper on my LE? Which one?
What is the best/easiest way to connect?

2. Or do i just need a sub? What do i need to connect it?

#18297 2 years ago
Quoted from Dantesmark:

I know this is buried in this thread somewhere...
1. Should i do a soundbar topper on my LE? Which one?
What is the best/easiest way to connect?
2. Or do i just need a sub? What do i need to connect it?

1. I don't recall reading much about sound bar toppers, unless its a CE... but since you have a LE, you probably already know about pinwoofer. Many dozens, including myself, love it. I am not sure many will agree deviating from that was a consideration.
2. there are a lot of opinions on subs... adding one seems a common thing to do if its your preference.

Quoted from holminone:

My KEF sub is also a huge contributor to my experience.

#18298 2 years ago
Quoted from Mar3nBu:

Right there with you Vespula! I don’t know if it was my setup or if it is that I’m that bad I changed the angle of the right flipper so many times already but still have the same problem. That target on the right of the ramp gets hit constantly by me… ohh well, I’m not alone!

Same here, and half the time after hitting the target it rockets sdtm grrrrr!

#18299 2 years ago

Question about the magnet; is it normal that the magnet strength is not always enough to catch the ball? I've noticed when the magnet is energized, it will often slow the ball down but not catch it? It seemed to be working as expected (always catching the ball) until just recently. Just wondering if my magnet is failing (it's definitely not totally dead).

#18300 2 years ago
Quoted from Thot:

Do you prepare correctly your song? block 6 balls and play the 4 mini multiball before?

I try my best to, to the extent of my skill level. Doesn't always work out that way but I try!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 60.00
Hardware
Pin Parts

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Bensenville, IL
$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 210.00
€ 42.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 10,200.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

7,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Moreno Valley, CA
Machine - For Sale
Litchfield Park, AZ
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 130.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
$ 40.00
Playfield - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 11,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 109.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pin Monk

Hardware
Pinball Haven

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 28,336 posts in this topic. You are on page 366 of 567.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-jjp-gnr-thread/page/366?hl=cayenne and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.