IMG_2676.gif
IMG_0960 (resized).jpeg
image1 (resized).jpeg
image0 (resized).jpeg
GnRAllenWrenchMod (resized).jpg
200w.gif
IMG_2222 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

78 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 28,410 posts in this topic. You are on page 361 of 569.
#18001 2 years ago

I need to get a ball save guide. Who do I contact?

#18002 2 years ago

Pinmonk makes themā€¦ just search in the market for them or pinmonk.com

#18003 2 years ago
Quoted from hank527:

I need to get a ball save guide. Who do I contact?

They're in the pinmonk store here on pinside:
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1170-pin-monk

Or at pinmonk.com:
https://pinmonk.com/collections/guns-n-roses-jjp

#18004 2 years ago
Quoted from jsa:

Just to reiterate: Two types of Challenges (actually there is another, but we'll talk about that more next month).
Challenges (tagging players to beat your score) are casual, fun small taunts and responses. They are being re-worked a bit to give more transparency and visuals, so they make more sense in the context of how you all are playing them. These are started after you complete a game.
Challenge Matches are entirely different, which I'll explain. They are not available yet.
It's always a bit premature to pre-announce a feature as we're likely to change bits of it before release, but the general idea is that a Challenge Match is "premeditated." In other words, you create a new Challenge Match, select your game title or if it's specific to a single machine at a venue, choose your challengers, then your challengers get a period of time to accept. Once they do, everyone, including yourself, get one shot, one game, the next one you play.
While the app and visuals support live game play, so you can see the other players and their progress, it is not a requirement to play live. If it takes one player a few days to get a chance to play your turn, so be it, though there is an expiration variable. Since we can support live multi-game play, you can do events that way (or we can identify that as a type of challenge), but that's going to be ultimately up to the players.
It's like an unmoderated tournament between other players on Scorbit, though the scores are verified.

Jay -

How do you create a challenge? I know I've done it, but can't seem to remember how...

#18005 2 years ago

pinball_keefer PLEASE HAVE album mode STAY CANCELED if I've canceled it by holding the lockdown bar button.

Just had a game where everything was set up to do Paradise City with a bunch of patches that would have given a great jackpot, I canceled the album mode after completing Nighttrain then eventually lost the ball. No problem, Paradise City was ready to go - last ball. Hit the scoop first thing and got the STUPID CARNAGE ALBUM MODE that had reset between balls. Pissed is too kind a word.

Also, if I'm canceling the album mode, it shouldn't advance the patch selection, so once the mode is canceled, put it back at the patch it should be before I canceled the album.

#18006 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

pinball_keefer PLEASE HAVE album mode STAY CANCELED if I've canceled it by holding the lockdown bar button.
Just had a game where everything was set up to do Paradise City with a bunch of patches that would have given a great jackpot, I canceled the album mode after completing Nighttrain then eventually lost the ball. No problem, Paradise City was ready to go - last ball. Hit the scoop first thing and got the STUPID CARNAGE ALBUM MODE that had reset between balls. Pissed is too kind a word.
Also, if I'm canceling the album mode, it shouldn't advance the patch selection, so once the mode is canceled, put it back at the patch it should be before I canceled the album.

I'd like to see the original draft of this post.
Man!! I feel like I was there. Thanks for sharing.
I hope this feedback gets written in the code.

#18007 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Thanks for this Vic, 100%!

#18008 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

^^^^THIS 100%

#18009 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Still not as important as having the ability to cancel slash solo.

But.... A very important issue nonetheless.

#18010 2 years ago

Regarding the pop bumper 3d printed ball saver mod. Here is a reference post for this mod.
https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:4835017

I just wanted to share that you do NOT reuse the rubber on the post. Just the ball saver only. Pic below.

This may be obvious to some, but wasn't to me. I had the ball get stuck on the bumper with ball saver three times the other day ..all because I put the pesky rubber back over the top of the post.

P.s. here are my ball saver install instructions.... Which may help some. I would not want to have to remove the ramp if I didn't have to... And I didn't... 5 minute install.

You don't have to remove the clear ramp in order to install the ball saver. You remove the rubber ring and then you can maneuver the ball saver on top of the post with your fingers underneath the ramp and while holding it there at an angle with pressure from one finger and using a very small flat head screwdriver through that slot in the ramp above the post with the other hand.

See pic below showing the referenced ramp slot.

Remember to very carefully push down on the top edge of the ball saver with the flat edge of small screwdriver and pop it over the post. Careful not to miss and skewer the play field. Continue to work it down until it's on enough to get upright and then carefully push it all the way down in place on the post still using the screwdriver.

The short end of the ball saver goes towards the bumper and the longer end goes against the metal gate between the light and gate . Pic below for illustration

dc425b58599a8151d62d574ee22da6a99e419b28 (resized).jpgdc425b58599a8151d62d574ee22da6a99e419b28 (resized).jpg

Screenshot_20211128-122923_Chrome (resized).jpgScreenshot_20211128-122923_Chrome (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20211128-123145_Chrome (resized).jpgScreenshot_20211128-123145_Chrome (resized).jpg

#18011 2 years ago
Quoted from CoolCatPinball:

When my Emax arrive, I'll report my findings. If my mounting brackets are stripped out (I don't think they are because the HK servos still fit), I guess I'll have to buy a bracket upgrade kit. I'm looking at you Vespula

Spotlight 3d parts reference post for printing spotlight parts.

I think this is the file to print the part yourself if you have access to 3d printer or someone with one...

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:4854563#Summary

Here is the halter
https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:4898252

I'm happy to do another group buy on the kits from pu-parts in Germany if enough interest. Would need 6 people to commit to keep it at $110 and takes about 12 days after we have the slots full for me to receive them. I ship immediately. USA only.

#18012 2 years ago
Quoted from Vespula:

Or I think this is the file to print the part yourself if you have access to 3d printer or someone with one...
I'm happy to do another group buy on the kits from pu-parts in Germany if enough interest. Would need 6 people to commit to keep it at $110 and takes about 12 days after we have the slots full for me to receive them. I ship immediately. USA only.

Do you have file for pop bumper piece?

#18015 2 years ago

I just saw this custom topper. It's pretty sweet!

Screenshot_20211128-134923-908 (resized).pngScreenshot_20211128-134923-908 (resized).png
#18016 2 years ago
Quoted from Daditude:

I just saw this custom topper. It's pretty sweet![quoted image]

I'm on his list for next run

#18017 2 years ago
Quoted from Daditude:

Very similar to what I'm doing, except I'm doing just 3 custom boards (top and two sides) mounted in a bracket. Is that animated?

#18018 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Very similar to what I'm doing, except I'm doing just 3 custom boards (top and two sides) mounted in a bracket. Is that animated?

Although I'm still waiting to see yours before I pay

#18019 2 years ago
Quoted from Vespula:

Spotlight 3d parts reference post for printing spotlight parts.
I think this is the file to print the part yourself if you have access to 3d printer or someone with one...
Here is the halter
https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:4898252

Vespula Iā€™m in for one of those slots!!

#18020 2 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Although I'm still waiting to see yours before I pay

It might be a while. Custom boards take time. But if this one covers the same functionality just not as cleanly, I may just stop. No sense duplicating efforts. Where is this one?

#18021 2 years ago

Just to clarify the servo gear is more corce than the stock one. That's why I was saying should I just force it in. So that would make it a tight fit no Plumbers tape needed. I don't usually like the forced things I figured I would ask beforehand. I'm sure it will be fine. Thanks for all the support guys.

#18022 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

It might be a while. Custom boards take time. But if this one covers the same functionality just not as cleanly, I may just stop. No sense duplicating efforts. Where is this one?

Facebook

#18023 2 years ago

That's a big place. Anything more specific?

#18025 2 years ago

The top of it looks a bit dark , shouldn't it be lit up

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#18026 2 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

The top of it looks a bit dark , shouldn't it be lit up

Yeah, it looks like he has the topper shifted off the LED strip at the bottom so the light's not getting all they way up.

#18027 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Yeah, it looks like he has the topper shifted off the LED strip at the bottom so the light's not getting all they way up.

Are your lights going to be different or similar?

#18028 2 years ago

Thanks. The clear tape mounting kind of sucks, and if he went to the trouble of making custom boards, why is he using way-too-big ribbon connectors between those boards? They have stubby ones that wouldn't look awful.

But what he's got is about 80% of what I was working on, so no real need to keep going on mine since his is here. How much is he charging?

#18029 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Thanks. The clear tape mounting kind of sucks, and if he went to the trouble of making custom boards, why is he using way-too-big ribbon connectors between those boards? They have stubby ones that wouldn't look awful.
But what he's got is about 80% of what I was working on, so no real need to keep going on mine since his is here. How much is he charging?

$99

#18030 2 years ago

Janky mounting aside, that's a great price. Do that.

#18031 2 years ago

Did the action button pedal install on GnR last night, and holy crap is it great. Canceling album mode with my foot, changing patches on the fly with the foot pedal while I'm still managing the balls on the playfield (especially when you know the taps from one to the other - got the rose, tap tap, now gun is queued up, make the shot - next. Got the shirt, tap tap tap, now the poster is queued, etc). Initial impression is 10/10, would do again.

#18032 2 years ago

With more play time now, there is DEFINITELY something that can happen to TAKE AWAY progress on G-N-R lighting progression. I had one last night where I had G-N lit and just had to get R, the ball went over the amp inlane next to GNR and suddenly I had ZERO lit GNR on the patch I was going for. I couldn't believe it. I stopped the ball and cycled through to verify none lit at all, and there weren't. Not sure if this is a bug or a feature and I don't understand the rules enough yet, but do not like.

#18033 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

With more play time now, there is DEFINITELY something that can happen to TAKE AWAY progress on G-N-R lighting progression. I had one last night where I had G-N lit and just had to get R, the ball went over the amp inlane next to GNR and suddenly I had ZERO lit GNR on the patch I was going for. I couldn't believe it. I stopped the ball and cycled through to verify none lit at all, and there weren't. Not sure if this is a bug or a feature and I don't understand the rules enough yet, but do not like.

Noticed that too, thinkin it might have to do with where letter is spotted in flipper lanes. Not sure tho. But, later, I notice I get duff and vator with 1 shot each .

#18034 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

If the GN lights moved over to the amp lane and the ball rolled over the amp switch to complete the AMP lights, then you would lose those lights. Not sure if I explained that clearly but the lights move from one inlane to another with each flipper hit

#18035 2 years ago
Quoted from Mattyk:

If the GN lights moved over to the amp lane and the ball rolled over the amp switch to complete the AMP lights, then you would lose those lights. Not sure if I explained that clearly but the lights move from one inlane to another with each flipper hit

Ah. Okay, I'm understanding now. I was somehow thinking the lights were discrete, not shared. Yes, I did complete the amp lane when this happened, so I "used up" that shared string. Got it.

Thanks for clearing that up. It's been driving me nuts.

#18036 2 years ago
Quoted from RA77:

Thanks for the update Jay,
Appreciate you progressing with the build.
I have accepted a few challenges so far and managed to win a couple however there is no detail to be found in the app ? Android
Still finding the UI not very friendly. The app is also struggling to keep up with the game on most occasions.
[quoted image]

The details are being added as we speak. Stay tuned for the next couple of releases to make more sense of open challenges.

As for the app struggling: Generally we've found most of those latency issues in cases where the game's connection has some difficulty (versus the app having any issues). Across our network, most of the latency is sub one second, but you have to add on to that for every bottleneck in the system. This being said, we're still not satisfied, and have some changes coming that will radically reduce that latency! Exciting stuff. Let us know what hardware you have though, so if others report similar issues we know about it.

In all fairness, the app needs a lot of work. Let's just be honest, we at Scorbit are also players and feel all your pain around UI intuitiveness. We're never going to stop working on it.

#18037 2 years ago
Quoted from rrosenhouse:

Jay -
How do you create a challenge? I know I've done it, but can't seem to remember how...

At the end of the game, you have a screen that shows you the score card at the top, and a little + sign next to a person. That's when you can add people to an open Challenge (at the end of a game).

#18038 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Did the action button pedal install on GnR last night, and holy crap is it great. Canceling album mode with my foot, changing patches on the fly with the foot pedal while I'm still managing the balls on the playfield (especially when you know the taps from one to the other - got the rose, tap tap, now gun is queued up, make the shot - next. Got the shirt, tap tap tap, now the poster is queued, etc). Initial impression is 10/10, would do again.

This is cheating.

#18039 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Ah. Okay, I'm understanding now. I was somehow thinking the lights were discrete, not shared. Yes, I did complete the amp lane when this happened, so I "used up" that shared string. Got it.
Thanks for clearing that up. It's been driving me nuts.

Yeah all of the inlanes are linked. They move as you hit flippers. So if you have 2 lit in AMP and hit into the GNR lane, you can hit the right flipper and move the lights to GNR to get a patch. Then you lose ALL the lights (I think) and start over. Or maybe just start over on GNR. But if there are no lights in one of the Lanes, as you flip it will pass through each inlane. So maybe that's why it disappeared.

I have an SE so I line up my left ramp shots and flip until the lights are in the g'n'r lane.

#18040 2 years ago
Quoted from Ecw0930:

Yeah all of the inlanes are linked. They move as you hit flippers. So if you have 2 lit in AMP and hit into the GNR lane, you can hit the right flipper and move the lights to GNR to get a patch. Then you lose ALL the lights (I think) and start over. Or maybe just start over on GNR. But if there are no lights in one of the Lanes, as you flip it will pass through each inlane. So maybe that's why it disappeared.
I have an SE so I line up my left ramp shots and flip until the lights are in the g'n'r lane.

I don't look at the lanes, usually, I just look at the on-screen G-N-R below the patch I'm going for. I know about the rotation, but for some reason didn't put together that if I completed one of the others, it would "erase" the progress on that slot.

#18041 2 years ago
Quoted from Ecw0930:

You don't start over, it just moves the row of completed slots left and right depending on the flipper button pressed.

I purposely just hit the flipper until I see the G N when I bat the ball up to the upper playfield but have no plan to lock it. That gives you an instant letter spot and most likely a completed patch if you have the G and N already

I also use the time the ball is travelling down the bass Ramp return to cycle the completed lights A M or G N (If possible) which will either trigger an instant patch reward or start AMP multiball if it's available to be started

#18042 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Janky mounting aside, that's a great price. Do that.

You have a reputation for making quality , well engineered products . ID rather pay more to you , than some janky thing off some guy on Facebook

#18043 2 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

You have a reputation for making quality , well engineered products . ID rather pay more to you , than some janky thing off some guy on Facebook

I appreciate the vote of confidence, but he's about 80% of what I had been working on, and even though the mounting method is janky (it should be a bracket frame, not tape IMO), it looks good from the other side and the price is very reasonable. I think it falls into the "good enough" category. I only set out to do it because the JJP stock topper was sad, I have OCD and couldn't stand the static plastic topper, and no one was working on improving it. His release solves most of that.

#18044 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

I think it falls into the "good enough" category.

I think GNR deserves better than falls into "good enough " category but I'm waiting on my rock topper and was hoping to stick the jjp topper on top but there will be alot of sad people out there

#18045 2 years ago
Quoted from Daditude:

Any video? Assuming the lights move around the sign?
Why is the GnR round logo at the top completely dark? Bad picture? Someone post YouTube please

#18046 2 years ago

The magnet over the AXL lanes stopped working. What is the best course of action? Is there an adjustment? I can't find where to test it in the testing menu.

#18047 2 years ago

Looks like a ton of people recommend getting a pinwoofer for this. Just to be clear it this recommendation mostly about quality of sound and call outs or just some heart thumping bass and sound? I ask bc I typically have to play after the wife and kids (1&4) go to bed so blasting sound that rocks the house isnā€™t something I can really take advantage of very often. I guess I could use headphones but Iā€™d prefer not to wear them. So that said, it is still something youā€™d recommend even if I keep the volume at like 14? Thanks!

#18048 2 years ago
Quoted from HornerSyndrome:

So that said, it is still something youā€™d recommend even if I keep the volume at like 14?

Yes, even if only for the clarity and separation provided by the new tweeters.

On the weekends when the kids and wife are out doing kids and wife things, the extra bass will be a bonus.

#18049 2 years ago

OK, I just installed the PINBALLMODZ upgrade to my GNR topper and it looks great. The animation in the LEDs is a major upgrade to the overall appearance and effects of the Topper. It also goes very well with the translight mod sold by Bob at LERMOD. I don't know why some in this string are knocking it without having seen it in person but I do think it will win over any objective person who sees/tries it. The instructions on the web site are clear and concise; amongst the best that I have seen for mods. The packaging and shipping were first rate. I agree that Vic's (PINMONK) products are hard to beat and I have bought several from him. But, he is not offering a competitor to this one and I commend him for respecting the original work done by Kyle Virginn (whom I do not know and did not pay for this review in case you are wondering). Just imho.

#18050 2 years ago
Quoted from cybevenom:

For those who were in the dark were the special target is located on the playfield like me. Eric Meunier confirmed it is the right outlane despite it not being documented.

Wow thank you for this! Been wondering for months and also clearly no answers in prior posts here. And does anyone know what "fog" does on upper PF? Maybe to be used in future code updates?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pin Monk

6,790 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Silverthorne, CO
$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
The MOD Couple

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 210.00
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

ā‚¬ 42.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

8,249 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Temple, TX
$ 11,000.00
Machine - For Sale
Milford, CT
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 19.95
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 649.95
Lighting - Interactive
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 109.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Machine - For Sale
Islamorada, FL
$ 11,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 10,200.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 130.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Side Gig Studios

There are 28,410 posts in this topic. You are on page 361 of 569.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-jjp-gnr-thread/page/361?hl=cayenne and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.