pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_5643 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5642 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2460.gif
IMG_0503 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2451 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot 2024-03-22 at 1.26.23 PM (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

78 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 28,103 posts in this topic. You are on page 35 of 563.
#1701 3 years ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

I mean the shot behind the bumpers

O sorry, yes indeed it is.

#1702 3 years ago

I'm not an engineer, but made this in 5 minutes in photoshop..why can't they develop a flange that sits under the playfield, secured from below and the post is actually part of the flange that goes through the post hole with a threaded center to screw down the plastics to (They could even polish or coat it to look pretty). It doesn't seem like rocket science and you'd never have a sling post (or anything that takes a pounding) ever touch the surface of the playfield again.

flange.jpgflange.jpg

#1703 3 years ago
Quoted from fooflighter:

I'm not an engineer, but made this in 5 minutes in photoshop..why can't they develop a flange that sits under the playfield, secured from below and the post is actually part of the flange that goes through the post hole with a threaded center to screw down the plastics to (They could even polish or coat it to look pretty). It doesn't seem like rocket science and you'd never have a sling post (or anything that takes a pounding) ever touch the surface of the playfield again.
[quoted image]

Under playfield real estate is a premium commodity. Also cost may interfere with the concept (i.e. is it worth it?)

#1704 3 years ago

Glad to be on this thread as I am trading in my premium GB for the GNR LE, cant wait. Quick question. Does anyone think the topper that comes with the CE will eventually be released to buy as an addon to the LE?

#1705 3 years ago
Quoted from Bing_Party:

Glad to be on this thread as I am trading in my premium GB for the GNR LE, cant wait. Quick question. Does anyone think the topper that comes with the CE will eventually be released to buy as an addon to the LE?

Yes, some people think so.

To more directly answer your question - no, it won't be.

#1706 3 years ago
Quoted from JLebowski:

Under playfield real estate is a premium commodity. Also cost may interfere with the concept (i.e. is it worth it?)

I guess you have to factor in PR relations, production delays, forum speculation, lost future sales (Nick at Buffalo Pinball isn't alone) owner satisfaction...lots of variables...Sure up front it's a new concept, but they keep trying to reinvent the wheel with clearcoat and until we see Mirco or (spooky process adoption) then it's just throwing bandaids at symptoms...why not get to the root of the problem and get out in front of it factoring it into all designs going forward. I don't care how they do it, just get the posts and anything taking a hit repeatedly (sling posts, guiderails) out of direct playfield contact

#1707 3 years ago
Quoted from Blackjacker:

ah that was the thing i liked the most about the CE as well as using purple colors. I am sure there will be some cool aftermarket toppers for it eventually.
thanks for the reply

#1708 3 years ago
Quoted from fooflighter:

[quoted image]

Maybe you should be an engineer

#1709 3 years ago
Quoted from Blackjacker:

One word: NO

#1710 3 years ago

It’s a sound bar with a plastic stand up in front of it, for the most part..

Buy a soundbar..
someone will make a G&R plastic piece.. guarantee it

#1711 3 years ago

Really? I'm surprised JJP won't do what they did on WW

#1712 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinhead1982:

It’s a sound bar with a plastic stand up in front of it, for the most part..
Buy a soundbar..
someone will make a G&R plastic piece.. guarantee it

No argument there. But the question was would JJP make the CE topper available for sale. That answer is no.

#1713 3 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

Really? I'm surprised JJP won't do what they did on WW

On WW they decided to create a topper after the fact for the LE model. The CE topper wasn't sold as an add-on for the LE machine. If ever it was to be done it was the game prior - Pirates. Every person tried to buy the ship in a bottle topper and no one got one that I know of because the company wants to have some things unique to the CE model to generate interest in the CE model.

#1714 3 years ago
Quoted from fooflighter:

I guess you have to factor in PR relations, production delays, forum speculation, lost future sales (Nick at Buffalo Pinball isn't alone) owner satisfaction...lots of variables...Sure up front it's a new concept, but they keep trying to reinvent the wheel with clearcoat and until we see Spectrum Mirco or (spooky process adoption) then it's just throwing bandaids at symptoms...why not get to the root of the problem and get out in front of it factoring it into all designs going forward. I don't care how they do it, just get the posts and anything taking a hit repeatedly (sling posts, guiderails) out of direct playfield contact

Since it appears they haven't solved the clear issue it seem to me they need to move to a mechanical design change...simply repeating past problems isn't good for anyone. I realize they don't make play fields, but its their brand. Mirco clearly has QC issues as their play field quality is all over the map...nobody likes rolling the dice on these games

#1715 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinballomatic:

On WW they decided to create a topper after the fact for the LE model. The CE topper wasn't sold as an add-on for the LE machine. If ever it was to be done it was the game prior - Pirates. Every person tried to buy the ship in a bottle topper and no one got one that I know of because the company wants to have some things unique to the CE model to generate interest in the CE model.

I realize that....just surprised JJP won't sell an after market topper for the LE like they did on Wonka

#1716 3 years ago
Quoted from fooflighter:

[quoted image]

No offense but a solution like this Would be considered rocket science. Over engineering a very simple 100 plus year solution of a screw through a hole lol. Seems a Less complicated solution would be to Reverse engineer what has changed in that time frame to find out why it is now a problem? Say, the industry going to a high speed production of Playfield art via digital printing.....

Let’s look at what we Know. CPR, Mirco, Stern, and JJP all went to ink jet printing a few years ago and all Playfields now suck. CGC, Spooky, German T2/BOP, (silk screen old school) as an example have not and no issues.... Sorry, I don’t see the probability that they All use the same CC yet only 2 companies know how to mix it? Lol. Fix or address the Actual problem no Rocket science needed.

#1717 3 years ago
Quoted from Sako-TRG:

Hi thanks for this, that’s great.
When you say splice, I’m UK this usually infers join....are you joining a cable or simply connecting the 3.5mm Jack? Can you elaborate please as I thought this would be a simple connection.
Also for the connection using the sub - I have been using these for Sterns which is much cleaner and thought it would be better for JJP?
https://pinnovators.myshopify.com/collections/all-other-systems-subwoofer-kits/products/pinsub-multi-system-kit
Although since GnR is so new I’d check compatibility with them. Ive also used their pinMix for hooking up multiple pins to a single sub works great.

Thought I’d chime in. You are correct our PINsub Multi-system does work with GnR.

#1718 3 years ago
Quoted from SGSA:

Thought I’d chime in. You are correct our PINsub Multi-system does work with GnR.

Thank you very much indeed - that’s great to know

#1719 3 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

No offense but a solution like this Would be considered rocket science. Over engineering a very simple 100 plus year solution of a screw through a hole lol. Seems a Less complicated solution would be to Reverse engineer what has changed in that time frame to find out why it is now a problem? Say, the industry going to a high speed production of Playfield art via digital printing.....
Let’s look at what we Know. CPR, Mirco, Stern, and JJP all went to ink jet printing a few years ago and all Playfields now suck. CGC, Spooky, German T2/BOP, (silk screen old school) as an example have not and no issues.... Sorry, I don’t see the probability that they All use the same CC yet only 2 companies know how to mix it? Lol. Fix or address the Actual problem no Rocket science needed.

You think reverse engineering a printing and clearing process is less complicated that making a post with a base on it?

#1720 3 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Well, I'm sure those forumlas are under lock and key, and for whatever reasons, each company has industry secrets they won't share with each other, so looking at the companies it does affect, Stern, JJP...if they can't reverse engineer due to irreversible printing process or manufacture design choices they've made to manufacture going forward, what then...They've been battling this (I would think) for a while now, wouldn't it be more cost beneficial to reinvent the mechanical solution on a part than to reverse engineer the entire CC/Printing? Just thinking out loud I just want there to be a fix, that's all, don't really care how they do it, but my most anticipated game ever (waiting on an LE order deposit) just turned into.."well I'm in no rush to get it now and be a beta tester"

#1721 3 years ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

You think reverse engineering a printing and clearing process is less complicated that making a post with a base on it?

Yes as it is basically Ignoring the problem and engineering a bandaid to overlook it! The issue Today is the post, do you think long term that won’t migrate to the entire Playfield? Posts are Not the only place this is being seen (for now).

#1722 3 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

nobody likes rolling the dice on these games

Imagine the dimpling that would cause.

#1723 3 years ago
Quoted from fooflighter:

Well, I'm sure those forumlas are under lock and key, and for whatever reasons, each company has industry secrets they won't share with each other, so looking at the companies it does affect, Stern, JJP...if they can't reverse engineer due to irreversible printing process or manufacture design choices they've made to manufacture going forward, what then...They've been battling this (I would think) for a while now, wouldn't it be more cost beneficial to reinvent the mechanical solution on a part than to reverse engineer the entire CC/Printing? Just thinking out loud I just want there to be a fix, that's all, don't really care how they do it, but my most anticipated game ever (waiting on an LE order deposit) just turned into.."well I'm in no rush to get it now and be a beta tester"

We ALL want a fix but we want more then a washer or fix one post fix! This is a Process issue not a QC issue! They all have the same instructions on the CC can. We have to assume they are all reading the same can! Name a game with a Silk Screen Playfield issue that had pooling? Removing the digital ink under the posts Worked, WHY!

#1724 3 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Yes as it is basically Ignoring the problem and engineering a bandaid to overlook it! The issue Today is the post, do you think long term that won’t migrate to the entire Playfield? Posts are Not the only place this is being seen (for now).

This is a true statement as it is apparent in clamped guiderails...I guess the real solution is as you've said to either figure out the CC - I still haven't given up on the Mirco...hope it is the true fix and the examples are just prototypes and early CC playfields...or get the entire playfield mechanical (touching) off the playfield ...

#1725 3 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

We ALL want a fix but we want more then a washer or fix one post fix! This is a Process issue not a QC issue! They all have the same instructions on the CC can. We have to assume they are all reading the same can! Name a game with a Silk Screen Playfield issue that had pooling? Removing the digital ink under the posts Worked, WHY!

I'm guessing the digital printing ink really does change the chemical binding, hardness properties of the CC. I havent had 1 issue on my Jp2 where the art is removed, but had some wear that I fixed where there was art (under rails). I guess I can relate that to if you put Laquer over Polyeurethane...The poly would never cure properly and would be fluid under the laquer...similar to the CC with digital ink vs silkscreen never really sets up properly for adhesion of the top coat clear

#1726 3 years ago

Guns N Roses Standard Edition Gameplay Launch Party (Jersey Jack, 2020)

#1727 3 years ago
Quoted from Shmilder:

Thoughts?
[quoted image]

CRIKEY!!!!

#1728 3 years ago
Quoted from Palmer:

Can you post a link to the FB discussion?

On kaneda's page.

#1729 3 years ago
Quoted from fooflighter:

flange that sits under the playfield, secured from below and the post is actually part of the flange that goes through the post hole with a threaded center to screw down the plastics to

Isn’t this a larger t-nut? It is not a post problem, it’s a playfield printing and clearing problem

#1730 3 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

German T2/BOP, (silk screen old school)

Peter’s work is solid!! Their company could/should grow and build JJP’s playfields, from printing to clearing. If you’ve ever seen one, they are amazing! No issues, ever.

#1731 3 years ago

Is there any documentation on what all the GNR patches do? Or is it on the instant info screen?

#1732 3 years ago
Quoted from Dallas_Pin:

Isn’t this a larger t-nut? It is not a post problem, it’s a playfield printing and clearing problem

Technically yes, with a better support from below to take the stress off the Tnut contact points which would/could become loose over time. You are correct, it is a bandaid and doesn't correct the issue with the printing and clearing. Question is, is the new Mirco process (I didn't call it Spectrum for zaphX ) going to fix it and this is just the bandaid stage..time will tell I guess...I've got nothing better to do than speculate

#1733 3 years ago
Quoted from Dallas_Pin:

Peter’s work is solid!! Their company could/should grow and build JJP’s playfields, from printing to clearing. If you’ve ever seen one, they are amazing! No issues, ever.

No question his PF's are amazing have an Alien Poker and its awesome. With that said in this industry an artist like Peter can do slow low volume flawless pieces one at a time via screen printing. IF he had to make Thousands sacrifices would have to be made. My AP took 5 months, not sure a volume run would be possible sadly.

#1734 3 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Is there any documentation on what all the GNR patches do? Or is it on the instant info screen?

The benefit of each patch is shown when you cycle through them. But what’s not shown are the patch sets. Those are even more important and have bigger benefits. We need a list of those. Kind of nerdy next level code stuff that the designers want us to discover for ourselves.

#1735 3 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

The benefit of each patch is shown when you cycle through them. But what’s not shown are the patch sets. Those are even more important and have bigger benefits. We need a list of those. Kind of nerdy next level code stuff that the designers want us to discover for ourselves.

Well I know bra and panties make a set...

#1736 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinballomatic:

Well I know bra and panties make a set...

What type of bribe do we need to offer Keith and Joe to share some of the easter egg codes? lol He showed off some cool stuff but I don't think even Nasa could crack that code lol.

#1737 3 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

What type of bribe do we need to offer Keith and Joe to share some of the easter egg codes? lol He showed off some cool stuff but I don't think even Nasa could crack that code lol.

Try the direct approach (what a sneaky trick) - ask Eric. He loves talking GnR

#1738 3 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

There’s some listed in the manual, but I do believe it doesn’t cover all of them.

#1739 3 years ago

Do you have to do something to qualify the song jp cashout? Had one built to 10 mil. Drained to 1 ball, hit scoop, and....nothing. Flipped around for a bit, I think I hit the scoop again and...nothing. Then drained.

#1740 3 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Do you have to do something to qualify the song jp cashout? Had one built to 10 mil. Drained to 1 ball, hit scoop, and....nothing. Flipped around for a bit, I think I hit the scoop again and...nothing. Then drained.

You have to complete the current set of shots. Each album has a color code. The mini screen in the back tells you how many shots are left until the next time the center scoop lights for collect or add a ball. It flashes green when ready.

If you have multiple balls in play and the scoop is lit, it just automatically adds a ball and continues.

#1741 3 years ago

I sent a deposit two weeks ago for an LE, has anybody heard when they might be shipping? Melissa at coin taker didn’t know yet. I am stoked. I wanted the CE but they were all gone instantly.. bummer

#1742 3 years ago

STERN has playfield issues as well. Avengers has the same issues as JJP. Does anyone know who does Stern’s playfields?

#1743 3 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

STERN has playfield issues as well. Avengers has the same issues as JJP. Does anyone know who does Stern’s playfields?

Churchill

#1744 3 years ago

Not sonce 2016. Stern have used multiple vendors and currently do part of the process themselves and send the playfields away to be cleared by a sub contractor.

#1745 3 years ago
Quoted from pinballaddicted:

Not sonce 2016. Stern have used multiple vendors and currently do part of the process themselves and send the playfields away to be cleared by a sub contractor.

Thanks

#1746 3 years ago
Quoted from voigtstr:

Also the distributor has said it wont be until December perhaps even January till I get the machine into my garage.

Did you just order today?

#1747 3 years ago

I ordered on Friday. 1st or 2nd quarter of 2021. Sounds like they are still figuring out efficiencies, or part delivery timing, or a bunch of things. My guess for me is April, but ... it's an unknown currently. Could even be January. They still need to figure out an average production or part delivery rate. I knew delaying my order would dramatically change the delivery time, but I wanted to play one first and save some more funds. I'm good with it under the circumstances.

#1748 3 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

I don’t know about that. My playfield is the best I’ve had from stern since Simpsons.

#1749 3 years ago
Quoted from estrader:

I don’t know about that. My playfield is the best I’ve had from stern since Simpsons.

36CE8540-353C-4BB0-9B3F-8D5C60231E6E (resized).jpeg36CE8540-353C-4BB0-9B3F-8D5C60231E6E (resized).jpeg
#1750 3 years ago

I have had a dozen new sterns in the past couple years, I put playfield protectors on them before I launch a ball - money well spent. I also have done the same with both of my Chicago gaming pins. What’s an extra $100 and a few hours of install time when you already spend 6-8k on a game right?! Plus contrary to belief, it doesn’t effect game play. Strap it up

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Machine - For Sale
Boston, MA
$ 24.75
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer
Sound/Speakers
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Tulsa, OK
$ 649.95
Lighting - Interactive
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Interactive
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
$ 210.00
Flipper Parts
Pin Monk
Flipper parts
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
$ 11,000.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro
Pinball Machine
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Hazard, KY
$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
Hardware
Pinball Haven
Hardware
$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
$ 100.00
Boards
Led Pinball
Boards
€ 42.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints
Tools
8,800 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Old Saybrook, CT
$ 19.95
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 100.00
Electronics
Led Pinball
Electronics
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
Shooter rods
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 28,103 posts in this topic. You are on page 35 of 563.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-jjp-gnr-thread/page/35?hl=sgsa and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.