IMG_20240413_155854 (resized).jpg
IMG_20240413_155858 (resized).jpg
IMG_20240413_155856 (resized).jpg
IMG_1426 (resized).jpeg (© Nutty 5.0)
IMG_2636.gif
IMG_2002 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2003 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

78 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 28,339 posts in this topic. You are on page 357 of 567.
#17801 2 years ago
Quoted from etr104:

Anybody have trouble with the gate at the entrance of the left ramp popping out of it's little hole? It's happened to me twice in the 2 months I've had the game. I mean it takes 30 seconds to fix it, but it's annoying to have to slide down the glass for that.

I've had the same thing happen (on both sides) on mine maybe 5 times in the 5 or 6 weeks I've had the game. Just a minor annoyance but seems like there should be a way to permanently stop it from happening...

#17802 2 years ago

People were putting rubber bands, small cable ties or rubber o rings on it to stop it.

#17803 2 years ago
Quoted from Flipper_Ripper:

You know what mod this game needs? A guitar pedal as the action button. It’s a rock pin and would be so much easier to hit the pyro by having a foot pedal as an action button. Saw someone do it in the Godzilla thread and would be cool for GnR. Surprised Slash being a guitarist didn’t think of this!

The pedal instructions for the GZ/BK:SoR mod would be essentially the same process and parts for GnR. I could see it being beneficial for GnR, too.

Here's the DIY pedal mod instructions:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/action-button-foot-pedal-for-bksor-godzilla-etc

#17804 2 years ago
Quoted from etr104:

Anybody have trouble with the gate at the entrance of the left ramp popping out of it's little hole? It's happened to me twice in the 2 months I've had the game. I mean it takes 30 seconds to fix it, but it's annoying to have to slide down the glass for that.

I'm thinking a rubber earring back would be perfect solution for this. Mine has only come out once a while ago, but will likely try it out the next time I have to take the glass off.

#17805 2 years ago

Hi all,
A little update on my stuck left flipper in the upright position . I found the culprit today. Its not the coilstop or coilsleeve. However there is a leafspring in the flipper assembly that detects the flipper position. The longest leafspring in the assembly has a broken tip and the pointy tip where it broke is diggin into the metal of the flipperassembly and staying stuck there. Guess i have to find the correct part # in my manual and order a new leafspring set. Should be easy peasy to switch out.
Picture #1 is showing the leafspring end where it snapped off.
Always sattisfying to find the little bugger that is causing this much grief.
I thought i would share it here so if someone else is running into the same problem they know where to look for a potential fix.

1 (resized).jpg1 (resized).jpg2 (resized).jpg2 (resized).jpg3 (resized).jpg3 (resized).jpg4 (resized).jpg4 (resized).jpg
#17806 2 years ago
Quoted from cybevenom:

Hi all,
A little update on my stuck left flipper in the upright position . I found the culprit today. Its not the coilstop or coilsleeve. However there is a leafspring in the flipper assembly that detects the flipper position. The longest leafspring in the assembly has a broken tip and the pointy tip where it broke is diggin into the metal of the flipperassembly and staying stuck there. Guess i have to find the correct part # in my manual and order a new leafspring set. Should be easy peasy to switch out.
I thought i would share it here so if someone else is running into the same problem they know where to look for a potential fix.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

And people complain that JJP flippers aren’t strong. I’ve never seen a leaf snapped off like that before. Good find and may your parts ship quickly!

#17807 2 years ago
Quoted from deejaypee:

And people complain that JJP flippers aren’t strong. I’ve never seen a leaf snapped off like that before. Good find and may your parts ship quickly!

It's not really that uncommon on B/W style flipper setups. I think it has more to do with the blade getting snagged repeatedly until it's ripped away than the power of the flipper.

#17808 2 years ago

The coil is not connected mechanically to the fucking switch.

#17809 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

It's not really that uncommon on B/W style flipper setups. I think it has more to do with the blade getting snagged repeatedly until it's ripped away than the power of the flipper.

Nah, I think it is the Tibetan Breeze coolers that freezes the leafsprings and makes them brittle.

#17810 2 years ago
Quoted from cybevenom:

Nah, I think it is the Tibetan Breeze coolers that freezes the leafsprings and makes them brittle.

Which is why you need the Tibetan Breeze ultra EOS switches. Strong enough to withstand even the stiffest breeze.

#17811 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Which is why you need the Tibetan Breeze ultra EOS switches. Strong enough to withstand even the stiffest breeze.

Link?

#17812 2 years ago
Fry (resized).jpegFry (resized).jpeg
#17813 2 years ago

When my ball goes down the hole in the upper playfield, it rolls out of the inner orbit and quite often goes right into the right outlane. Where does the trajectory on others' end up? Any advice on how to fix?

#17814 2 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

When my ball goes down the hole in the upper playfield, it rolls out of the inner orbit and quite often goes right into the right outlane. Where does the trajectory on others' end up? Any advice on how to fix?

What's your PF angle?

If you put a pinball on the lockdown bar dead center, does it stay there, or does it roll left or right eventually?

#17815 2 years ago

When I picked up my SE it looks like the former owner had made a lot of changes to the coil strength. What is everyone using as their strength for their flippers?

#17816 2 years ago
Quoted from attitude05:

When I picked up my SE it looks like the former owner had made a lot of changes to the coil strength. What is everyone using as their strength for their flippers?

I have an LE and mine are at factory.
First thing I do when I buy a used game is do a factory reset. Than take it from there and adjusts if required

#17817 2 years ago
Quoted from cybevenom:

Hi all,
I thought i would share it here so if someone else is running into the same problem they know where to look for a potential fix.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Keep a standard Bally/Williams flipper rebuild kit on hand and you're sorted. Also compatible with American Pinball games. Probably cheapest from somewhere like Pinball Life. Haven't had a JJP EOS let go like that but I've had plenty of occurrences where sleeves needed to be replaced from factory due to binding.

#17818 2 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

I took the rubber off the post on the inner lane exit/entrance. Seemed to stop the auto outline drain. Ball would bump off the rubber and head right for the drain.

#17819 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

What's your PF angle?
If you put a pinball on the lockdown bar dead center, does it stay there, or does it roll left or right eventually?

It’s pretty much perfectly level (according to the PinGuy app).

#17820 2 years ago

GNR 2258 is in the house
The game is magnificent .
The game works 100% out of the box .
It came with a European power cord and I couldn't find the remote control
Can't recommend Paul enough at Pinball sales Australia . He made everything so easy and you know you can buy with confidence .
The Playfield has the new fixes and looks perfect .
Still have to add cliffy's , mirror blades , pin woofer , ect .
The wife loves it and has the second highest score
I have no idea what I'm doing and that left ramp is harder to hit than it looks .
Rolls-Royce , Chaka and others , I need a little bit more practice before I start issuing challenges
And Fish Tales finally has a friend again .
BTW what patch do you need for patience
Almost a year to the day , well worth the wait

IMG_20211123_215814 (resized).jpgIMG_20211123_215814 (resized).jpgIMG_20211123_215132 (resized).jpgIMG_20211123_215132 (resized).jpgIMG_20211123_215902 (resized).jpgIMG_20211123_215902 (resized).jpg
#17821 2 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

It’s pretty much perfectly level (according to the PinGuy app).

That's why I said to use a pinball. PinGuy app has been shown to be wrong pretty often.

Stick a pinball on the glass where it meets the lockdown bar, right above the action button and see if it moves. If the machine really is perfectly level, it will not move from the center. This is pretty close to foolproof and much more accurate for left to right level than the pinguy app.

#17822 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

That's why I said to use a pinball. PinGuy app has been shown to be wrong pretty often.
Stick a pinball on the glass where it meets the lockdown bar, right above the action button and see if it moves. If the machine really is perfectly level, it will not move from the center. This is pretty close to foolproof and much more accurate for left to right level than the pinguy app.

But this assumes that the playfield level is exactly the same as the cabinet level, which is not necessarily the case. Even the playfield itself is not exactly the same level depending where you place pinguy.

#17823 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

This is good to know. I was under the impression that the glass isn’t necessarily the same angle as the playfield though.

Where should the ball exit to (the upper clipper or somewhere else)?

I’ll try the glass. I also have a digital level so I’ll try that.

#17824 2 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

Karl fixed his by creating a touch more arc in the inner loop rail guide. I believe there is a touch of play when it screws down and I gather he loosened the 2nd screw from the right and pulled the guide down towards the flippers slightly and re tightened. May have done the opposite with the first screw (or whatever holds it down) on the right to create a touch more ramp. Net effect is to create a tad more C curvature.

Mine was factory perfect and hits near the make some noise target I think. Never drains or comes close.

#17825 2 years ago

Just posting this here if anyone is interested in them.

Mod - For Sale
New (selling multiple, business) - “I bought these awhile back and decided not to install them on my GNR and to be honest kind of forgot about them until saw them recently. I have never opened the tube, everything is...”
2021-11-22
Greeley, CO
500 (OBO)
Archived after: 13 days
Viewed: 235 times

#17826 2 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

GNR 2258 is in the house
Can't recommend Paul enough at Pinball sales Australia . He made everything so easy and you know you can buy with confidence .
I have no idea what I'm doing and that left ramp is harder to hit than it looks .
Rolls-Royce , Chaka and others , I need a little bit more practice before I start issuing challenges
Almost a year to the day , well worth the wait [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Congrats!! I knew we'd get ours about the same time..
within 5 days Enjoy!!

#17827 2 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

I put this fix up a couple weeks ago... Didn't involve bending metal and you can do it in literally 5 minutes and remove it if you don't like the results.

It's a key post

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-jjp-gnr-thread/page/331#post-6560130

#17828 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

This. I don't know why people swear by pinguy when I've -never- had accurate results with it.

The iOS accelerometer is a noisy device with questionable accuracy.

#17829 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

The pinguy app has been rendered useless to me. My Iphone 13 pro cameras stick out so far I cannot level anything with the phone anymore.

#17830 2 years ago

I noticed that my spotlights seemed erratic and when running the test it seems like they're getting the wrong signal? For example, when they should move to the upper left, instead they move to the lower left. And when they should move to the upper right they move to the upper left. It's like they're off by one cycle? The physical linkage is good and all connectors seem fine. I did disconnect the two left side cables when I removed the upper pf but I'm pretty sure I reconnected them correctly. And regardless that would not effect the right spotlight which exhibits the same strange behavior. Any suggestions or should I just contact JJP support?

#17831 2 years ago
Quoted from PinballGalore:

Anyone find a link where we could watch Eric at pintastic?

Keep an eye on the Pintastic YouTube channel:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC1hsYk9HhlG9AxvS2IgaUkA
Seminar videos are uploaded there over time. We actually do post-production on our seminar videos!
.................David Marston

#17832 2 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

GNR 2258 is in the house
Almost a year to the day , well worth the wait [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Screaminr, congratulations mate! has been a long year but arrived with honors! I was waiting for this moment for a long time my friend, and also to see that beautiful neon besides your Limited Edition
I’ll see you soon in Scorbit, (take your time and then you will see who’s the best ), meanwhile Enjoy! Enjoy that masterpiece Scream.

Cheers!

#17833 2 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

what patch do you need for patience

This one mate, go for it! Amazing song while playing

5AB1C4D1-5048-44BB-BF93-2935075A61FA (resized).jpeg5AB1C4D1-5048-44BB-BF93-2935075A61FA (resized).jpeg
#17834 2 years ago

Get this... well over 1k games on my machine. Suddenly I get an EOS error. See anything wrong with the picture? Pretty easy fix but I've owned this machine for nearly 1 year and now I get this error... hmmmm.

PXL_20211104_001321540 (resized).jpgPXL_20211104_001321540 (resized).jpg
#17835 2 years ago
Quoted from kcZ:

Get this... well over 1k games on my machine. Suddenly I get an EOS error. See anything wrong with the picture? Pretty easy fix but I've owned this machine for nearly 1 year and now I get this error... hmmmm.
[quoted image]

Arm installed upside down, looks like. It took 1K games to get an EOS error like that?

#17836 2 years ago
Quoted from cybevenom:

Hi all,

Isn't there supposed to be some PVC tubing or something on that little arm that hits the EOS switch? Metal on metal, a replacement switch won't be long for this world either.

#17837 2 years ago
Quoted from frobozz:

Isn't there supposed to be some PVC tubing or something on that little arm that hits the EOS switch?

It’s there, but on the wrong side! Arm is reversed.

#17838 2 years ago
Quoted from JoeJet:

It’s there, but on the wrong side! Arm is reversed.

Oh sorry, I'm replying to a post farther back (I'm slow today) - but that picture does show exactly what I'm talking about - the reversed arm has the PVC tubing on it, clearly visible, that is NOT on the arm the previous poster pictured, that was eating through the EOS blade.

#17839 2 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

This is good to know. I was under the impression that the glass isn’t necessarily the same angle as the playfield though.
Where should the ball exit to (the upper clipper or somewhere else)?
I’ll try the glass. I also have a digital level so I’ll try that.

There can be a small amount of variation, but for left/right leveling the ball test is quick and generally reliable. A digital level is also more reliable than the app.

#17840 2 years ago
Quoted from HarryReimer:

The pinguy app has been rendered useless to me. My Iphone 13 pro cameras stick out so far I cannot level anything with the phone anymore.

Thank god the ugly lens bump is supposedly finally going away next year.

#17841 2 years ago
Quoted from Rolls-Royce:

This one mate, go for it! Amazing song while playing
[quoted image]

Thanks Rolls you're the best .
I've been enjoying November Rain I really like the light show .
I'm no singer but this game needs a karaoke mode , so you can belt out a few songs after a couple of beers .

#17842 2 years ago
Quoted from kcZ:

[quoted image]

How was it even flipping properly like that?! Lol. Seems like it would bind up. Crazy stuff right there!

#17843 2 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

Thanks Rolls you're the best .
I've been enjoying November Rain I really like the light show .
I'm no singer but this game needs a karaoke mode , so you can belt out a few songs after a couple of beers .

You should make it up to mine for xmas lunch. I've been roped into karaoke again. Just don't sing anything out of Frozen or you'll make a little girl cry.

karakoe1 (resized).jpgkarakoe1 (resized).jpg

#17844 2 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

You should make it up to mine for xmas lunch. I've been roped into karaoke again. Just don't sing anything out of Frozen or you'll make a little girl cry.
[quoted image]

Lol , the way I sing , I'll make everyone cry

#17845 2 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

Lol , the way I sing , I'll make everyone cry

Congrats old son, I pick ours up this Friday, can’t wait. Enjoy…

#17846 2 years ago

#17847 2 years ago
Quoted from fooflighter:

I put this fix up a couple weeks ago... Didn't involve bending metal and you can do it in literally 5 minutes and remove it if you don't like the results.
It's a key post
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-jjp-gnr-thread/page/331#post-6560130

Thanks!!

#17848 2 years ago
Quoted from Freddykaboodle:

Congrats old son, I pick ours up this Friday, can’t wait. Enjoy…

Thanks Freddy .
I'm sure you'll love it , the game is so much fun .
Just have to work out what all the patches do.

#17849 2 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

GNR 2258 is in the house

Congrats mate! I do not want to get too excited but I think our game was on the same ship. Hopefully we will have ours soon as well.

#17850 2 years ago
Quoted from pinballaddicted:

Congrats mate! I do not want to get too excited but I think our game was on the same ship. Hopefully we will have ours soon as well.

Yep , I saw yours there , looking good

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 60.00
Hardware
Pin Parts

Machine - For Sale
Litchfield Park, AZ
$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 210.00
€ 42.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 10,200.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

7,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Silverthorne, CO
12,800 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Boca Raton, FL
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 130.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Machine - For Sale
Boston, MA
$ 40.00
Playfield - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 11,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 109.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pin Monk

Hardware
Pinball Haven

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 28,339 posts in this topic. You are on page 357 of 567.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-jjp-gnr-thread/page/357?hl=glpinball and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.