IMG_2676.gif
IMG_0960 (resized).jpeg
image1 (resized).jpeg
image0 (resized).jpeg
GnRAllenWrenchMod (resized).jpg
200w.gif
IMG_2222 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

78 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 28,410 posts in this topic. You are on page 356 of 569.
#17751 2 years ago

Jeez I drop in for my daily dose and snarkiness abounds! Reckon it’s been a rough week. I recommend a bourbon and ginger to take the edge off.

My take on the latest non-snarky posts is that man yes the LE is pretty and I love the upper pf, but I’ve never had the chance to play the SE and I’d like to see how much more smooth the game would be. Honestly I think it’s kind of garbage that manufacturers started making different versions. You know they start with the game they want and then think of things to take away so they entice us to spring for the fancy stuff. Make a game and sell it, man! I learned about what a butter cabinet was today and I rolled my eyes so hard they came back around from the bottom.

But also doesn’t the coma lock just drop the ball into the trough when you win or lose the ball anyway? I’ve haven’t seen one actually, so maybe it’s cooler than it sounds. Does it kick the ball back in if you get the coma multiball?

#17752 2 years ago
Quoted from Macca101010:

I watched Eric's Guns N Roses overview seminar from Pintastic online this morning (Twitch). Was really great and informative talking about how the game was made, artwork code, Easter eggs etc. Hopefully the video goes up online later. Definitely worth a watch if you missed it.

I'd love to watch this being in Australia I can't get to pintastic. Please post a link when it's available

#17753 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:I haven't been able to figure out why some times when dropping off the upper playfield through the hole I get TWO letters awarded towards G-N-R instead of one. What am I setting up to give me double letters - or is it switch bounce and I shouldn't be getting them?

I also noticed the other day that you can lose letters. How does that one work? Sometimes I’ll have 2, anticipating the third only to realize I’m down to two again. What gives?

#17754 2 years ago
Quoted from PinballGalore:

I also noticed the other day that you can lose letters. How does that one work? Sometimes I’ll have 2, anticipating the third only to realize I’m down to two again. What gives?

It's because you're moving the letters around each of the 3 inlanes with each flipper press.

#17755 2 years ago
Quoted from PinballGalore:

Ah, right. I think I've had that happen, too. And rotating through the positions doesn't have the missing letter on a different position. It's just gone. Hard to track while playing, though.

#17756 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

I haven't been able to figure out why some times when dropping off the upper playfield through the hole I get TWO letters awarded towards G-N-R instead of one. What am I setting up to give me double letters - or is it switch bounce and I shouldn't be getting them?

same question here. Isn’t it if ramp lights are blinking that you get 2 letters, my suggestion.

#17757 2 years ago

You fucking people.

Box counters.

Apologists.

#17758 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Ah, right. I think I've had that happen, too. And rotating through the positions doesn't have the missing letter on a different position. It's just gone. Hard to track while playing, though.

Yep, awesome inlane action ! 3 x 3, really keeps you on the hop.
Some brilliant next level shit right there.

I remember the old days when we used to shift a single inline spot with the flippers.

But man, again, this game is on a whole new level !

Brilliant !

#17759 2 years ago

https://emaxmodel.com/products/emax-es3054-17g-3-5kg-0-13sec-23t-metal-gear-digital-servo-for-rc-airplane-es3154-upgrade
Emax servos came today .
Might as well go to the maker , and they are by far the cheapest I can find .
And like someone else said 17 G's and 20 G's are the same .

IMG20211120225101 (resized).jpgIMG20211120225101 (resized).jpg
#17760 2 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

You fucking people.
Box counters.
Apologists.

#17761 2 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

https://emaxmodel.com/products/emax-es3054-17g-3-5kg-0-13sec-23t-metal-gear-digital-servo-for-rc-airplane-es3154-upgrade
Emax servos came today .
Might as well go to the maker , and they are by far the cheapest I can find .
And like someone else said 17 G's and 20 G's are the same .
[quoted image]

I am skeptical that the Emax are that much better.
With me, an Emax has said goodbye after 2 weeks.
I have now installed in the mix, Emax for right / left, the cheap HK for up / down. Will report.

#17762 2 years ago
Quoted from Macca101010:

I watched Eric's Guns N Roses overview seminar from Pintastic online this morning (Twitch). Was really great and informative talking about how the game was made, artwork code, Easter eggs etc. Hopefully the video goes up online later. Definitely worth a watch if you missed it.

i hope it comes online as well since i had to work and could not watch it live.

#17763 2 years ago

How do the art blade protectors work? I feel dumb as far as installing the protector.

#17764 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

I haven't been able to figure out why some times when dropping off the upper playfield through the hole I get TWO letters awarded towards G-N-R instead of one. What am I setting up to give me double letters - or is it switch bounce and I shouldn't be getting them?

Sometimes when the ball drops from the upper play field to the lower it bounces high enough to double trigger the opto there.

#17765 2 years ago
Quoted from hank527:

How do the art blade protectors work? I feel dumb as far as installing the protector.

These are the ones that came with the official JJP art blades. Very easy to install. Just slide them down after removing the glass every time you lift the playfield so it does not scratch or tear the art blades.

D2B07463-52BD-43E7-8A62-769693C9996C (resized).jpegD2B07463-52BD-43E7-8A62-769693C9996C (resized).jpegACDF3F74-3529-4ADF-872E-925D3AE1C136 (resized).jpegACDF3F74-3529-4ADF-872E-925D3AE1C136 (resized).jpeg3FAAD8EE-B72D-4516-A91D-59BD41D463E5 (resized).jpeg3FAAD8EE-B72D-4516-A91D-59BD41D463E5 (resized).jpegD7F3A2AA-2B09-4D4F-BC3C-5614FC6AA02C (resized).jpegD7F3A2AA-2B09-4D4F-BC3C-5614FC6AA02C (resized).jpegD4E56AFB-EE46-4515-9348-9EB536486734 (resized).jpegD4E56AFB-EE46-4515-9348-9EB536486734 (resized).jpeg
#17766 2 years ago
Quoted from hank527:

These are the ones that came with the official JJP art blades. Very easy to install. Just slide them down after removing the glass every time you lift the playfield so it does not scratch or tear the art blades.

#17767 2 years ago
Quoted from RoadQueen:

[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

That’s what I thought. Thank you. Good news is they can be used on almost any game.

#17768 2 years ago
Quoted from Cayenne:

I am skeptical that the Emax are that much better.
With me, an Emax has said goodbye after 2 weeks.
I have now installed in the mix, Emax for right / left, the cheap HK for up / down. Will report.

I can't say if they're good or not , just that some people said they wouldn't work .

#17769 2 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

I can't say if they're good or not , just that some people said they wouldn't work .

they work fine, just a bit smaller, that’s also the reason to use them l/r means put them on top or below the frame

#17770 2 years ago

How do you turn on the setting that allows you to skip album modes?! I’ve scoured the settings menu and just can’t find it, but I believe others have successfully do bd a way to skip these by holding the lock bar button?

#17771 2 years ago
Quoted from atg1469:

How do you turn on the setting that allows you to skip album modes?! I’ve scoured the settings menu and just can’t find it, but I believe others have successfully do bd a way to skip these by holding the lock bar button?

there are no settings, just hold down the action button for ca. 2sec to disable (when Album is active to play)

#17772 2 years ago
Quoted from Cayenne:

there are no settings, just hold down the action button for ca. 2sec to disable (when Album is active to play)

Is this before or after you hit the center scoop?

#17773 2 years ago
Quoted from atg1469:

Is this before or after you hit the center scoop?

Before.

#17775 2 years ago

best before you launch the ball

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#17776 2 years ago

Just got this sweet game. I’ve looked thru this thread a lot but have a couple of questions if someone could answer I’d be very appreciative.
1) my glass rattles even with the shaker motor set to low. Any suggestions?
2) occasionally at the start of a new ball when I hit the left flipper it also triggers the left ramp diverter to lower also - this is before the ball is even plunged.
3) my left spotlight seems to move a little “jittery” at times.
4) sometimes I heard a load buzzing noise like a coil being activating but I’m not pressing a flipper button and I don’t think it’s the axl magnet either.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions on any of this. Super stoked to get into this game!

#17777 2 years ago
Quoted from HornerSyndrome:

Just got this sweet game. I’ve looked thru this thread a lot but have a couple of questions if someone could answer I’d be very appreciative.
2) occasionally at the start of a new ball when I hit the left flipper it also triggers the left ramp diverter to lower also - this is before the ball is even plunged.
4) sometimes I heard a load buzzing noise like a coil being activating but I’m not pressing a flipper button and I don’t think it’s the axl magnet either.
Thanks in advance for any suggestions on any of this. Super stoked to get into this game!

Congrats on picking up such a great game.
1) anti rattle tape ?
2) appears to be code related. Mine started doing the same after installing 1.25
3) slipping gear ?
4) Lock release? its loud.

#17778 2 years ago

Love TISM….

#17779 2 years ago
Quoted from deejaypee:

Jeez I drop in for my daily dose and snarkiness abounds! Reckon it’s been a rough week. I recommend a bourbon and ginger to take the edge off.
My take on the latest non-snarky posts is that man yes the LE is pretty and I love the upper pf, but I’ve never had the chance to play the SE and I’d like to see how much more smooth the game would be. Honestly I think it’s kind of garbage that manufacturers started making different versions. You know they start with the game they want and then think of things to take away so they entice us to spring for the fancy stuff. Make a game and sell it, man! I learned about what a butter cabinet was today and I rolled my eyes so hard they came back around from the bottom.
But also doesn’t the coma lock just drop the ball into the trough when you win or lose the ball anyway? I’ve haven’t seen one actually, so maybe it’s cooler than it sounds. Does it kick the ball back in if you get the coma multiball?

It does just hold the ball there and drain it either way. If you succeed, it auto launches at the same time to give the perception that it’s the same ball

However, it is very cool looking. Seeing the gate lift up to save your ball is a trip. There’s a glowing green LED that shines over the ball that matches the color and brightness pattern of the playfield, like it’s teasing you to save it. And then the despair you feel when the exit gate lifts and takes your ball after you drain!!

#17780 2 years ago

My shaker is violent on low as well and unfortunately there is no way to adjust the weights as there is on a stern. And my glass is so tight there's no room for vibration tape. Its only real bad on live and let die and carnage, so I don't play the album modes and live and let die only on occasion.

#17781 2 years ago

On this point I had the same issue even after installing anti-rattle tape but what I did was adjust the lockdown bar so that it was a bit more tight and rattle is gone. Play with the adjustment screws slightly adjusting them and see what works better for you. Good luck!

#17782 2 years ago

Six Spotlight upgrade kits coming in from pinball universe in Germany tomorrow.. 3 spots left, $110 shipping -USA only . Pm me if you want one.

https://pu-parts.com/jjp-guns-n-roses-spotlight-pu-upgrade-kit

#17783 2 years ago

New GnR owner here, finally. Has anyone had problem with one of the guitar head release rods engaging (dropping) repeatedly and getting points with no play taking place. It seems to only happen on game start-up. No errors are registering.

#17784 2 years ago
Quoted from Animal:

New GnR owner here, finally. Has anyone had problem with one of the guitar head release rods engaging (dropping) repeatedly and getting points with no play taking place. It seems to only happen on game start-up. No errors are registering.

Not with the guitar lock, but with getting the pyro multi ball triggering even before the first ball was in play. It was the switch below the guitar lock that was super close and any vibration (like the ball getting into the shooter lane) triggered it. I made this video on what I was experiencing in case it helps anyone:

Check the sensors around the problem area (the audit log helped in identifying the culprit).

#17785 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

That right there says you didn't play the LE very long. jjGnR LE has one of the best-integrated upper playfields ever. Really well done and not hard (?) at all. There are multiple ways to play it situationally. It's fantastic. And the lack of RGB hotrails is a major downer on the SE. There's a reason almost no one bought SEs compared to LEs.

I’ve played pinball a long time and the pinballs that have gone are the one’s I’ve completed easily (or were NOT total 2-player games, like Rollergames fro example - But I don’t look at rule sheets), the one’s that have stayed are the harder ones… it’s me vs the machine.

STTNG kicked my ass in the bar where I played it so I swore I’d own one. I’m on my second one. It STILL owns me. Lol

Really, without any reservation GnR is the most interesting, most engaging, most fun and most flashy pinball that I or any of my visitors have ever experienced. A little hard for beginners to figure out the main goals but they come soon enough if you play more than one or two times and the “assists” for low scorers (and the ribbing you get from the call outs) are the best! Seems like I discover a new call out every week or so.

#17786 2 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

My shaker is violent on low as well and unfortunately there is no way to adjust the weights as there is on a stern. And my glass is so tight there's no room for vibration tape. Its only real bad on live and let die and carnage, so I don't play the album modes and live and let die only on occasion.

The shaker makes live and let die almost unplayable to me. My one code request would be the ability to turn off the shaker for this song in the settings. I think civil war has this adjustment so it is doable

#17787 2 years ago
Quoted from mozach:

The shaker makes live and let die almost unplayable to me. My one code request would be the ability to turn off the shaker for this song in the settings. I think civil war has this adjustment so it is doable

I wonder if it’s adjustable because I would have said the exact opposite. The use of the shaker here (and subtle elsewhere) makes this an especially special mode (plus doesn’t hurt that LALD is my favourite McCartney composition / Bond Theme & Movie ever).

#17788 2 years ago
Quoted from c818919taylor:

Ecw0930 how does light and fog work on the SE? is there a way to get patch letters without the drop hole? how does a ball lock work?
I could see less complex as a tournament asset. this game deserves an appearance at tournaments.
Can the diverter be turned off and play se rules?

The left ramp gives you the GNR letters in the inlane which gets the patches.

It also is where you lock balls when the arrow is green. The revolver in front of the flippers turns green as the locks occur.

#17789 2 years ago

Is there an adjustment for the motor shaker? I could not find in the menu. I found two lose screws and tighten them up and now the shaker motor really shakes the whole pin.

#17790 2 years ago
Quoted from AvidPinPlayer:

Is there an adjustment for the motor shaker? I could not find in the menu. I found two lose screws and tighten them up and now the shaker motor really shakes the whole pin.

It's under coil settings on the system menu.

SETTINGS->COIL SETTINGS->GENERAL

#17791 2 years ago

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00UURDBQ8/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title

This controller is $8 and takes 8 minutes to install. You can fine tune your shaker motor with it. I used it previously and it was amazing. If you search pinside there are posts about installation.

#17792 2 years ago

Vespula

Best ive done in a bit. Been busy with mushing, superbikes & FAR Part 15.

42746E18-A3A7-427E-AB83-3138DDE20D73 (resized).jpeg42746E18-A3A7-427E-AB83-3138DDE20D73 (resized).jpeg52D75F90-B1E1-43FC-9182-D31732F17F51 (resized).jpeg52D75F90-B1E1-43FC-9182-D31732F17F51 (resized).jpeg
#17793 2 years ago
Quoted from c818919taylor:

Vespula
Best ive done in a bit. Been busy with mushing, superbikes & FAR Part 15.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Omg. I just got my best score tonight 6,141,789
You just beat me!! Great job!

#17794 2 years ago

Anyone find a link where we could watch Eric at pintastic?

#17795 2 years ago

Anybody have trouble with the gate at the entrance of the left ramp popping out of it's little hole? It's happened to me twice in the 2 months I've had the game. I mean it takes 30 seconds to fix it, but it's annoying to have to slide down the glass for that.

#17796 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

I looked for it in three different times and could not find it. Is the motor shaker called something else in the menu?

#17797 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

I looked for it in three different times and could not find it. Is the motor shaker called something else in the menu?

I stand corrected. I was looking at the wrong listing. Thank you for your guidance.

#17798 2 years ago

You know what mod this game needs? A guitar pedal as the action button. It’s a rock pin and would be so much easier to hit the pyro by having a foot pedal as an action button. Saw someone do it in the Godzilla thread and would be cool for GnR. Surprised Slash being a guitarist didn’t think of this!

#17799 2 years ago
Quoted from Flipper_Ripper:

You know what mod this game needs? A guitar pedal as the action button. It’s a rock pin and would be so much easier to hit the pyro by having a foot pedal as an action button. Saw someone do it in the Godzilla thread and would be cool for GnR. Surprised Slash being a guitarist didn’t think of this!

Ask pinmonk, he did it for gz

#17800 2 years ago
Quoted from Flipper_Ripper:

Easy enough to wire one up, but part of the design is the risk/reward of taking your hand off of one of the flipper buttons.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pin Monk

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
The MOD Couple

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 210.00
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

€ 42.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 11,000.00
11,999 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Dracut, MA
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 19.95
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 649.95
Lighting - Interactive
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 109.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Plantsville, CT
$ 11,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 10,200.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 130.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Side Gig Studios

There are 28,410 posts in this topic. You are on page 356 of 569.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-jjp-gnr-thread/page/356?hl=freddykaboodle and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.