IMG_2002 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2003 (resized).jpeg
1C8AE00A-E658-441F-8C85-35F46CC105C1 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3148 (resized).jpeg
20240407_215717 (resized).jpg
20240407_215654 (resized).jpg
20240407_215630 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

78 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 28,301 posts in this topic. You are on page 355 of 567.
#17701 2 years ago
Quoted from DKong:

Just had the email a few days ago, apparently arriving last week of November, getting excited now! Been reading this thread for months, stocked up on mods and fixes.

Great to hear you'll be in the club .
It's been a while for a lot of us down under , it looks as though they're finally catching up now .
Also excellent to see a few GNR's going to the Apple Isle .

#17702 2 years ago
Quoted from Vespula:It's finally delivered!
Serial 2421
License plate 2406
Born 11/21
Firmware 1.23
Record spinner album Sticker AFD
now I'm working on figuring out how to do stuff.... Lol. I wish Yoda was here.
It's so simple and easy when you're just on the forum.It's a lot more confusing in real life. Lol

Date ordered / distro or direct
Nice set up .
Hell of a first pin.

#17703 2 years ago
Quoted from Johny111:

Hi guys sorry if this is a dumb question but is there a list of achievement's through scorbit that can be viewed somewhere prior to obtaining them?

Not yet, I think they're working on maybe adding that but not sure. As of now you can only look at achievements you've earned.

#17704 2 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

Date ordered / distro or direct
Nice set up .
Hell of a first pin.

Here is me when I got it yesterday followed quickly by
Here is me today after a good night's sleep

You're next!!!

#17705 2 years ago
Quoted from killborn:

Hey Everyone, I just posted an ad for a mod that I collaborated on. It's a set of 3 bullets that replaces those black vinyl caps for the ramp switches.
Check it out here:

Parts - For Sale

JJP GNR Bullet Set

New!

New “This is a 3D printed bullet mod for a Jersey Jack Guns n Roses. This mod will fit all versions of this machine!

The bullet was designed to replace the black vinyl cap that goes ov...”

10 hours ago

Walla Walla, WA

killborn

PS- I'm Joe Lowball on Scorbit and I am ready and willing to enter the challenge pit.

Very nice!

#17706 2 years ago

Have any of you guys made any changes to your "Game Settings"? (ie any of the rules) to make the game harder, or easier? So far I've just been using the defaults that came with the machine. I notice there are some built in 'presets' that you can use but I've never tried loading them.

#17707 2 years ago
Quoted from etr104:

Have any of you guys made any changes to your "Game Settings"? (ie any of the rules) to make the game harder, or easier? So far I've just been using the defaults that came with the machine. I notice there are some built in 'presets' that you can use but I've never tried loading them.

I haven’t messed with the presets. But The biggest changes I’ve made are: decreased my max song ball saver from 60secs to 45s. I increased the powerchord jackpot lock from 15s to 20s. I increased difficulty to start all booster multiballs (except AMP) by 1-2 ticks. I’ve lowered the amount each band member adds to ball save time down to the lowest setting (10s?).

I think I have a few other changes but can’t think of them off top of my head. But those are the biggies.

#17708 2 years ago
Quoted from AvidPinPlayer:

No what that means is that I will probably sell or trade the one I have.

I felt the same way at first. I would hang in there. At first it seems like a lot. But then when you realize your main objective - get through full-length songs - you realize that you really need those MBs to have a chance of getting to the end. Then you realize that there’s a whole new set of strategies that you learn to use on a game like this. Such as getting as many balls as possible into the lock so that you can focus on a a ball or two for the main objective. Or learning how to hit your objective shots despite having several balls in the lower playfield. When I really started to understand the purpose and the strategy related to all the MBs, I began to appreciate and enjoy the game a lot more. I’m certain this was all by design, again, to allow for the player to get through all the full length songs. The art of Eric’s game design.

The only thing I lament is that I hardly ever get to see all the cool animations and video on the main display because of all the action… but then again, that’s the case in most games anyways… and more the reason to invite your friends over so you can take it all in while they play!

#17709 2 years ago
Quoted from etr104:

I changed the applause jackpot time…. yeah - it’s my game.

#17710 2 years ago

Wouldn't these changes to default setting affect the Scorbit app, particularly in challenges?

#17711 2 years ago
Quoted from allsportdvd:

Wouldn't these changes to default setting affect the Scorbit app, particularly in challenges?

I thought the same thing. If someone could post up all the cheat settings to change make it easier on scorbit that would be helpful.

Or maybe JJP can code in with the scorebit integration so if you're actually responding to a challenge that uses default settings so everyone's on the same level play field ... Then again maybe it just doesn't matter

#17712 2 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

I haven’t messed with the presets. But The biggest changes I’ve made are: decreased my max song ball saver from 60secs to 45s. I increased the powerchord jackpot lock from 15s to 20s. I increased difficulty to start all booster multiballs (except AMP) by 1-2 ticks. I’ve lowered the amount each band member adds to ball save time down to the lowest setting (10s?).
I think I have a few other changes but can’t think of them off top of my head. But those are the biggies.

Interesting. Sounds like all of these make the game slightly more difficult, were you finding things too easy?

#17713 2 years ago
Quoted from Lounge:

I changed the applause jackpot time…. yeah - it’s my game.

Not gonna lie, I've considered doing that too. For some reason the Center Scoop is the strangest thing for me. If I I don't want it, I hit it non stop. But if I need it to collect an applause jackbot i always bang the ball 'off the goal post' without getting it in. Obviously thats my own short comings as a novice player though. I'm getting a little better though. Maybe.

#17714 2 years ago
Quoted from etr104:

Not gonna lie, I've considered doing that too. For some reason the Center Scoop is the strangest thing for me. If I I don't want it, I hit it non stop. But if I need it to collect an applause jackbot i always bang the ball 'off the goal post' without getting it in. Obviously thats my own short comings as a novice player though. I'm getting a little better though. Maybe.

It's called choking.. I know, I have same isdue

#17715 2 years ago
Quoted from etr104:

It’s been on my mind since after the first 20-30 plays .My highs now are 20s-40s .That being said ,I had one of those nights yesterday and missed 2 big ones in consecutive games .The later was 60 plus on Coma ,and I got lucky to have it on the right flipper just as the Lotto countdown began .Yeah I should’ve took a second to breathe but had one of those fucked up feelings where you know your fucked as soon as your fingertip compresses .I should’ve slapped that bitch!!!The Moral of the story is that if I would’ve adjusted the timer in my favor ,I might have had another shot .I might have hit that shot but would I feel the same as I will when I square it up the right way ?

#17716 2 years ago

I am considering buying a GNR SE I have played only the LE about 30-40 times. Is there anyone that has time on each and what is their opinion on game play of each. Secondly I have owned a number of modern Sterns and reliability has been very good on everyone how does a JJP compare? Just looking for a lie feedback. Thanks.

#17717 2 years ago
Quoted from PinballRockDude:

I am considering buying a GNR SE I have played only the LE about 30-40 times. Is there anyone that has time on each and what is their opinion on game play of each. Secondly I have owned a number of modern Sterns and reliability has been very good on everyone how does a JJP compare? Just looking for a lie feedback. Thanks.

Losing too much of the experience on the SE, IMO. Wait for an LE.

The only major reliability headaches are on the stage light servos/brackets and the playfields. They seem to be better now, but if you're buying used, look VERY CAREFULLY around the posts for chipping and pooling.

#17718 2 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

Great to hear you'll be in the club .
It's been a while for a lot of us down under , it looks as though they're finally catching up now .
Also excellent to see a few GNR's going to the Apple Isle .

Yes I only ordered a few months ago, so sort of glad I waited, it was actually announced on my 50th Birthday last year and being a fan of the band, I was tempted then. Most likely would of had to wait a year anyway.

I know of 5 down here now/soon, on the Apple Isle

#17719 2 years ago
Quoted from adrock:

I felt the same way at first. I would hang in there. At first it seems like a lot. But then when you realize your main objective - get through full-length songs - you realize that you really need those MBs to have a chance of getting to the end. Then you realize that there’s a whole new set of strategies that you learn to use on a game like this. Such as getting as many balls as possible into the lock so that you can focus on a a ball or two for the main objective. Or learning how to hit your objective shots despite having several balls in the lower playfield. When I really started to understand the purpose and the strategy related to all the MBs, I began to appreciate and enjoy the game a lot more. I’m certain this was all by design, again, to allow for the player to get through all the full length songs. The art of Eric’s game design.
The only thing I lament is that I hardly ever get to see all the cool animations and video on the main display because of all the action… but then again, that’s the case in most games anyways… and more the reason to invite your friends over so you can take it all in while they play!

Thank you for the info. You have given me the most sensible and practical reply yet. I will hang on and follow your suggestion.

#17720 2 years ago
Quoted from DKong:

Yes I only ordered a few months ago, so sort of glad I waited, it was actually announced on my 50th Birthday last year and being a fan of the band, I was tempted then. Most likely would of had to wait a year anyway.
I know of 5 down here now/soon, on the Apple Isle

My firstborn's Birthday is October 5th.

I just got mine this past Wednesday, And it looks perfect ..
And I'm keeping an eye on it but nothing to complain about except my scores. I managed to stay alive quite a while through rocket Queen and amassed 1.8 million. Which makes me the grand champion of my pin.

Oh one more thing..
I was surprised, more like shocked, how tiny the black plastic washers really are. To me they're barely noticeable..I've only seen pictures on this forum which make them look huge!

Someday when I am ready to do I'll probably replace them with the clears that I have in my bulletproofing kit but right now I just want to play it and have some higher priority and more daunting items to install like the pinwoofer and pinmonks fans.. That's my first pinball machine so I'm building confidence as I go..

And if the ball drops in the fog hole (?) In upper play field, does it always pop up to the bass ramp every time or does something else need to happen?

Oh and for hawkmoon77 here's a couple pics

20211118_141455 (resized).jpg20211118_141455 (resized).jpg20211118_141542 (resized).jpg20211118_141542 (resized).jpg
#17721 2 years ago

interesting topic promoted

#17722 2 years ago
Quoted from Vespula:

I was surprised, more like shocked, how tiny the black plastic washers really are. To me they're barely noticeable..I've only seen pictures on this forum which make them look huge!
Someday when I am ready to do I'll probably replace them with the clears that I have in my bulletproofing kit but right now I just want to play it and have some higher priority and more daunting items to install like the pinwoofer and pinmonks fans.. That's my first pinball machine so I'm building confidence as I go..
And if the ball drops in the fog hole (?) In upper play field, does it always pop up to the bass ramp every time or does something else need to happen?
Oh and for hawkmoon77 here's a couple pics [quoted image][quoted image]

I thought the same thing , originally I was like I don't want those black washers , but when I saw them , it looked as though they were meant to be there .

#17723 2 years ago
Quoted from Vespula:

I thought the same thing. If someone could post up all the cheat settings to change make it easier on scorbit that would be helpful.
Or maybe JJP can code in with the scorebit integration so if you're actually responding to a challenge that uses default settings so everyone's on the same level play field ... Then again maybe it just doesn't matter

Yeah, it’d be great if we can quickly switch between default and custom settings for Scorbit challenges. Or is there a way in Scorbit to make a challenge specific to the coded tournament rules?

I plan to increase the MB ball save timers among other rule tweaks, partly for me but mostly because our guests are inexperienced pinball players and would enjoy a bit more time on songs to hook their interest. But I’d like to “compete” on a level playing field when it comes to Scorbit challenges.

#17724 2 years ago

...each challenge has the preset config file with it and it's loaded maybe?
Is there a method on GNR to save settings to memory presets and maybe give them names so you can switch between them ?

#17725 2 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

I thought the same thing , originally I was like I don't want those black washers , but when I saw them , it looked as though they were meant to be there .

While we're on the subject of the washers, this is interesting. While swapping out the clear washers that came with the pin on the slings, I noticed they are not flat on the bottom. Instead, they have a raised ring in the center and outer edge. Wonder if this was by design? I can't see any advantage and I would think they might make indentations (although I didn't see any).

As an FYI, I've been putting a clear PETG washer on pretty much every post on the pin (although the black ones really do look fine) and in only one case was there any pooling, and that post was not tightened down from the factory, so it was leaning slightly and digging in to the pf from the rubber pulling.

20211116_213528 (resized).jpg20211116_213528 (resized).jpg
#17726 2 years ago
Quoted from arzoo:

While we're on the subject of the washers, this is interesting. While swapping out the clear washers that came with the pin on the slings, I noticed they are not flat on the bottom. Instead, they have a raised ring in the center and outer edge. Wonder if this was by design? I can't see any advantage and I would think they might make indentations (although I didn't see any).
As an FYI, I've been putting a clear PETG washer on pretty much every post on the pin (although the black ones really do look fine) and in only one case was there any pooling, and that post was not tightened down from the factory, so it was leaning slightly and digging in to the pf from the rubber pulling.[quoted image]

That washer design seems counterintuitive to what the washer should accomplish to mitigate pooling. One of the theories is to spread the downward force over a larger area to create less pressure at each point, but that only works if the washer is flat. The other theory, per Fooflighter, is that PETG washers make an inverted conical shape that doesn't put pressure at the circumference of the washer, thus preventing pooling at the washer's edge.

This design doesn't seem to benefit from either theory or purpose.

Maybe Mirco fixed their playfields and it doesn't matter anyway. Personally, I'll replace any of those washers with PETG clears that I bought from Pinballife. I'll be removing them all to place mylar under the washers, so might as well replace the washers while I'm at it.

#17727 2 years ago

Yes, the standard is missing the upper playfield. The upper is cool, really cool, but its mostly a physical ball lock. There are some gameplay elements that sweeten the deal like the drop hole that adds a patch letter…but without the lock the coded game is still great. The upper flipper loop (tour) is still there…its a blast. Still has a left ramp. The spinners. Highly recommend putting the game in the line up. Great music pin. The teamwork from G&R and JJP on theme integration is nailed. License was contracted well.

Some dont like the album modes…but honestly, feels like thats mostly about scoring. The game is fun. Yet, can be overwhelming at times. But aren't you looking for that “ooooo mmmmyyyy goshhhhh” moment?

The game keeps a fresh smell.

Had the same problems with a JJP that other manufacturers incur. American Pinball is the only manufacturer trouble free machine in my lineup. Spooky, Stern, JJP & American. A switch that didnt work, a little chipping, or a spring that came off a coil. Magically. Maintenance is an important part of any hobby.

#17728 2 years ago
Quoted from arzoo:

As an FYI, I've been putting a clear PETG washer on pretty much every post on the pin (although the black ones really do look fine) and in only one case was there any pooling, and that post was not tightened down from the factory, so it was leaning slightly and digging in to the pf from the rubber pulling.[quoted image]

It's because that black washer is cut from a tube and the PETG ring is cut from a flat sheet. It's a manufacture artifact from the process.

#17729 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

It's because that black washer is cut from a tube and the PETG ring is cut from a flat sheet. It's a manufacture artifact from the process.

original (resized).pngoriginal (resized).png
#17730 2 years ago

Yay more washer talk

#17731 2 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Yay more washer talk

Tell me about it.

Least it's better than too many multiballs (aka, i don't understand what this game is about).

#17732 2 years ago
Quoted from arzoo:

Ballsy move swapping those washers on the slings. It’s surprisingly the only posts that have had zero issues

#17733 2 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

Tell me about it.
Least it's better than too many multiballs (aka, i don't understand what this game is about).

Heh very true!

The two things I'm most sick of reading are the fruitless "bulletproofing" threads, and the Too Many Multiballs (TMM) whiners.

#17734 2 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Heh very true!
The two things I'm most sick of reading are the fruitless "bulletproofing" threads, and the Too Many Multiballs (TMM) whiners.

And me whinging about JJP's corporate attitude.

#17735 2 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Heh very true!

The worst are hypocrites that say they are perfectionists, and then constantly whine when others try to have a near perfect playfields that they paid for.

#17736 2 years ago

Harsh.

#17737 2 years ago
Quoted from Xelz:

Yeah, it’d be great if we can quickly switch between default and custom settings for Scorbit challenges. Or is there a way in Scorbit to make a challenge specific to the coded tournament rules?
I plan to increase the MB ball save timers among other rule tweaks, partly for me but mostly because our guests are inexperienced pinball players and would enjoy a bit more time on songs to hook their interest. But I’d like to “compete” on a level playing field when it comes to Scorbit challenges.

Folks just know we're hearing you loud and clear about challenges. Ironically they've been around for over a year but we really do need to roll out more data and instructions on using them! We're taking in all this feedback and you will start seeing changes soon.

#17738 2 years ago
Quoted from Mattyk:

Ballsy move swapping those washers on the slings. It’s surprisingly the only posts that have had zero issues

Shhhh, apparently we're not allowed to discuss this. It bores the important people.

#17739 2 years ago
Quoted from arzoo:

Shhhh, apparently we're not allowed to discuss this. It bores the important people.

^^^^^^^

#17740 2 years ago
Quoted from jsa:

Folks just know we're hearing you loud and clear about challenges. Ironically they've been around for over a year but we really do need to roll out more data and instructions on using them! We're taking in all this feedback and you will start seeing changes soon.

Heh, no worries. I think we’re just brainstorming wishlist items. I don’t even have my pin yet, so don’t take it as any sort of criticism. The current feature set already sounds great

#17741 2 years ago

I watched Eric's Guns N Roses overview seminar from Pintastic online this morning (Twitch). Was really great and informative talking about how the game was made, artwork code, Easter eggs etc. Hopefully the video goes up online later. Definitely worth a watch if you missed it.

#17742 2 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Yay more washer talk

Quoted from zaphX:

Remind me again why you came back?

#17743 2 years ago
Quoted from Macca101010:

I watched Eric's Guns N Roses overview seminar from Pintastic online this morning (Twitch). Was really great and informative talking about how the game was made, artwork code, Easter eggs etc. Hopefully the video goes up online later. Definitely worth a watch if you missed it.

It was a great talk. He even showed some early playfield designs. Two interesting changes he noted:
1. The small LCD was originally in the center of the playfield (eventually moved to the back)
2. The right ramp originally brought you up to the upper pf as well with an out that would drop you in the bumpers if you didn’t make it all the way up. After much testing, it just wasn’t very fun so they changed it to just feedback the drum sticks.

Also, the original SE artwork mimicked a worn travel case. Slash didn’t like it and Metallica already had that so it was scrapped. More cool info was shared as well so hopefully everyone can check it out soon if they post it.

#17744 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Losing too much of the experience on the SE, IMO. Wait for an LE.
The only major reliability headaches are on the stage light servos/brackets and the playfields. They seem to be better now, but if you're buying used, look VERY CAREFULLY around the posts for chipping and pooling.

The only truth here is the multiple additional headaches that come with the LE.

I have played both. I own the SE.

The SE is a superior game. The LE is more complicated and way harder. You gain almost nothing worthwhile. Y having the upper playfield. It's annoyingly difficult. And you get Mecha and servos to malfunction and frustrate you. Ive never had a ramp diverter or light servo go bad on my SE.

GAMEPLAY is 90% the same. Only better and faster with more flow and less interruptions. The hot rails are only white on the SE but so what.

The best purchase is the SE. I own one. I've played both. The LE isn't worth the money in my opinion.

#17745 2 years ago
Quoted from Ecw0930:

The SE is a superior game. The LE is more complicated and way harder. You gain almost nothing worthwhile. Y having the upper playfield. It's annoyingly difficult. And you get Mecha and servos to malfunction and frustrate you. Ive never had a ramp diverter or light servo go bad on my SE.
GAMEPLAY is 90% the same. Only better and faster with more flow and less interruptions. The hot rails are only white on the SE but so what.
The best purchase is the SE. I own one. I've played both. The LE isn't worth the money in my opinion.

7E1ED216-F376-49C9-8948-2356082B4D0F.gif7E1ED216-F376-49C9-8948-2356082B4D0F.gif
#17746 2 years ago
Quoted from Ecw0930:

Y having the upper playfield. It's annoyingly difficult.

That right there says you didn't play the LE very long. jjGnR LE has one of the best-integrated upper playfields ever. Really well done and not hard (?) at all. There are multiple ways to play it situationally. It's fantastic. And the lack of RGB hotrails is a major downer on the SE. There's a reason almost no one bought SEs compared to LEs.

#17747 2 years ago
Quoted from Ecw0930:

Mirror mirror on the wall.... Who's the...
Ecw0930, party of one, ecw0930, party of one.. your table is ready.

#17748 2 years ago

Ecw0930 how does light and fog work on the SE? is there a way to get patch letters without the drop hole? how does a ball lock work?

I could see less complex as a tournament asset. this game deserves an appearance at tournaments.

Can the diverter be turned off and play se rules?

#17749 2 years ago
Quoted from Ecw0930:

I love the SE, I played that game non stop at my distributor’s when he got it, and I understand your loyalty to that game ECW because It is indeed a great game… but! The Guns ‘N Roses Limited Edition in my own and personal opinion is one of the most beautiful games ever made, I don’t change nothing in that game at all, when I saw the pics I thought that the LE was the Collector’s until I saw the topper hours after

(Ok, about changes? … actually yes…. I insist for the 9th fuc#!^ing time that the "Coma Lock" should have been in all 3 games man! Shit I know that I say this 9 times already but is true! That was selfish by JJP) ….

#17750 2 years ago

I haven't been able to figure out why some times when dropping off the upper playfield through the hole I get TWO letters awarded towards G-N-R instead of one. What am I setting up to give me double letters - or is it switch bounce and I shouldn't be getting them?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pin Monk

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
The MOD Couple

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 210.00
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

€ 42.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

8,250 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Glendora, CA
$ 11,000.00
8,800 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Old Saybrook, CT
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 19.95
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 649.95
Lighting - Interactive
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 109.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

8,245 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Georgetown, KY
$ 11,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 10,200.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 130.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Side Gig Studios

There are 28,301 posts in this topic. You are on page 355 of 567.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-jjp-gnr-thread/page/355?hl=freddykaboodle and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.