IMG_2676.gif
IMG_0960 (resized).jpeg
image1 (resized).jpeg
image0 (resized).jpeg
GnRAllenWrenchMod (resized).jpg
200w.gif
IMG_2222 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

78 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 28,410 posts in this topic. You are on page 354 of 569.
#17651 2 years ago
Quoted from daveyvandy:

3M Super Strength Molding Tape, 03614, 1/2 in x 15 ft amazon.com link Ā»
This is what I have used on mirror blades recently. You can skip the screws entirely with this. I would recommend using clamps to hold the mirror in place on one side while you tape it on the other. The stuff is extremely sticky and it should stay in place.

Thanks for the tip!! How many strips did you use for each blade?

#17652 2 years ago
Quoted from PinWoofer:

Hey Guys! I checked with Agima2000 and he approved printing some of these free of charge for disty to PinSider's. So, I printed some overnight. They are printed with PLA so there's no guarantee they will be strong enough to last the lifetime of the playfield, but free is free and who knows.
I'll send a few to Vespula, but is there a volunteer to take these off my hands and give them out? Thanks!
[quoted image]

I printed this last night and installed it.. Fixed an annoying random issue... thank you to whoever uploaded it.

#17653 2 years ago
Quoted from rrosenhouse:

Thanks for the tip!! How many strips did you use for each blade?

1-in strips at three locations around where the screws would go (3 1-inch strips total).

#17654 2 years ago
Quoted from Tuna_Delight:

Just got an email from FedEx that my JJP art blades have finally shipped.
[quoted image]

I just received mine today! Thanks ZMeny /FlipNOut for a smooth transition as always.

#17655 2 years ago

What is every ones flipper settings set at. I noticed when I downloaded the new code, it changed my settings on the flippers.

#17656 2 years ago
Quoted from PinPickle:

My mirror blades didnā€™t come with screws. Any recommendations?

My game is so tight, the art blades are up against the field. There's no way I could get mirrors in, which I think would look great. Test your fit before you drill any holes

#17657 2 years ago
Quoted from Lounge:

To those of you who have changed out the servosā€¦..
My replacements seem to be slipping in the housings which makes the spot point all crazy. I did notice there was a plastic ring (like some sort of heat shrink tubing) around the gear of the original that would not go on the replacement servo gear. Did anyone experience this issue - any easy fixes out there?

I had the same black stuff on my servos and I think it is actually black Loctite.
In the manual it calls for Loctite 425, which is blue in color.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

Of course there is mystery Item 17 which seems to reference something that isn't actually listed in the parts list.
Might this be a different Loctite? or perhaps it is the same Loctite 425?
provided to show their are only 14 items listed in the parts list.

#17658 2 years ago
Quoted from Sako-TRG:

You must have both a horseshoe up your ass and stepped accidentally on horse shit

Thanks...I think?

Seriously though, I have about 300 plays on mine and other than installing some mods, the glass has been off a total of 3 times...to replace a screw that fell out of the bracket holding the drumstick ramp, to free a ball that got stuck on the diverter at the top of the bass ramp and to adjust the leaf switch behind the rubber to the left of the pop bumpers that was gapped too tight and was registering when I hit the flippers. Playfield seems to be perfect so far as well...knock wood.

Maybe QC at JJP is getting better or maybe I just got lucky. Either way, I couldn't be happier with my NIB experience so far.

#17659 2 years ago
Quoted from holminone:

Do they darken for a song? How would you describe the experience? Because I feel the game is perfection out of the box especially in song modes with that dark concert like contrastā€¦. Curious how itā€™s different.

I think the best way to describe is more intense. There's three light strips in the pin stadiums. 1-works with GI, 2- works with flasher, 3 - Mirrors the hot rails. So for Live & Let Die, the red light rails are way more intense. It doesn't over brighten the playfield.

Quoted from daveyvandy:

3M Super Strength Molding Tape, 03614, 1/2 in x 15 ft amazon.com link Ā»
This is what I have used on mirror blades recently. You can skip the screws entirely with this. I would recommend using clamps to hold the mirror in place on one side while you tape it on the other. The stuff is extremely sticky and it should stay in place.

I have some of this tape, my concern is the added thickness. I know the blades will be tight as is. That's why I was curious about screw selection because I thought a screw head would be an issue. I will give the tape a go. I think the back hinge screw may hold them in place at the back. If that's the case the front would be much easier.

Quoted from Hayfarmer:

My game is so tight, the art blades are up against the field. There's no way I could get mirrors in, which I think would look great. Test your fit before you drill any holes

There's a few people that have them. I'm pretty tight on the sides as well but they should fit. I will definitely tape them up and see if I can raise and lower my playfield with them in . I have cabinet protectors so I'm not super concerned about damaging anything.

#17660 2 years ago
Quoted from PinPickle:

I think the best way to describe is more intense. There's three light strips in the pin stadiums. 1-works with GI, 2- works with flasher, 3 - Mirrors the hot rails. So for Live & Let Die, the red light rails are way more intense. It doesn't over brighten the playfield.

I have some of this tape, my concern is the added thickness. I know the blades will be tight as is. That's why I was curious about screw selection because I thought a screw head would be an issue. I will give the tape a go. I think the back hinge screw may hold them in place at the back. If that's the case the front would be much easier.

There's a few people that have them. I'm pretty tight on the sides as well but they should fit. I will definitely tape them up and see if I can raise and lower my playfield with them in . I have cabinet protectors so I'm not super concerned about damaging anything.

I thought the thickness would be a concern as well, but it works fine on my Wonka. Better than the screws. The screw heads would always chip away at the bottom of the playfield when I used them. Especially the middle one.

#17661 2 years ago

Anyone else had the corner of the bass ramp plastic chip? It sits directly above the ramp exit onto the upper playfield and has taken a few ball strikes. Any recommendations for protecting this corner? Cheers

#17662 2 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

I had the same problem, no gap between playfield and cabinet for mirror blades. However, I love mirror blades, especially for such a light effect game. I therefore created mirror blades that are installed on top of the playfield edges instead of between playfield and cabinet. The only disadvantage is that you need to remove the blades when lifting the playfield.

Some pictures:

The basis is cardboard in order to keep the weight as low as possible. High gloss mirror foil is put on the cardboard. A metal L-profil is used to have a clean top cover and create some strength. You can put the blades directly on the light profil left and right. The mirror effect is very close to the one of metal mirror blades.

I used the same method for my POTC with real mirror blades, but you need someone to cut the metal shorter than normal, which is more complicated then cutting the cardboard.

25D1E7C2-696F-4734-B221-6E9A95E57C49 (resized).jpeg25D1E7C2-696F-4734-B221-6E9A95E57C49 (resized).jpeg27DFBF7D-9A89-4C9E-BF12-424846E2360E (resized).jpeg27DFBF7D-9A89-4C9E-BF12-424846E2360E (resized).jpeg3BDA9429-CE3F-45B8-A142-164EA14A510C (resized).jpeg3BDA9429-CE3F-45B8-A142-164EA14A510C (resized).jpeg67451CD1-74C1-4C9D-B20C-8D726ECEE8B1 (resized).jpeg67451CD1-74C1-4C9D-B20C-8D726ECEE8B1 (resized).jpeg8101DFAB-CEB7-42DF-A3B9-F132D2666A26 (resized).jpeg8101DFAB-CEB7-42DF-A3B9-F132D2666A26 (resized).jpeg
#17663 2 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Got my Mirror blades in and it is tight, but not too bad - I still have a little room even when using my protectors. I Just will be very careful when lifting and lowering the playfield.

#17664 2 years ago
Quoted from PinPickle:

I have cabinet protectors too. When I put 1 in, I have to lift field 3" to get other one to slip by. Crazy tight here.

#17665 2 years ago

General comments. The pin quality is outstanding, A+. The lighting is second to none. It is one of the most beautiful pis I've seen and have. The theme, animations, and toys are great. My only down side is the numerous multi-balls. Not only does it make the game repetitive and boring, but there is no enjoyment on skill shots; as all you are doing is batting balls around to rack up points. I know that some folks like lots of multi-balls, others don't. I also understand that opinions are like elbows; everyone has two, but in my view the number of multi-balls is excessive. I don't expect agreement or disagreement with my comments. This is how I see it from my foxhole.

#17666 2 years ago
Quoted from AvidPinPlayer:

General comments. The pin quality is outstanding, A+. The lighting is second to none. It is one of the most beautiful pis I've seen and have. The theme, animations, and toys are great. My only down side is the numerous multi-balls. Not only does it make the game repetitive and boring, but there is no enjoyment on skill shots; as all you are doing is batting balls around to rack up points. I know that some folks like lots of multi-balls, others don't. I also understand that opinions are like elbows; everyone has two, but in my view the number of multi-balls is excessive. I don't expect agreement or disagreement with my comments. This is how I see it from my foxhole.

That complaint is easily addressed. Just turn up the threshold for the multiballs so they're harder to achieve. Note that this goes against the design of the game, but it will address your complaint and make them less frequent.

#17667 2 years ago

Gotta give props to both Cointaker and JJP. I received my machine October 18th. two days later I noticed what I would call a small scratch on the cabinet. The "scratch'" wasn't all way through the decal but though part of the top layer of clear film. Sent Cointaker following email........

Good morning Ma'am, I have attached two photos to this email. I am not overly concerned with it but just want to make you aware and maybe you can tell someone at JJP. Yesterday I notice a scratch on the left side of the pin about 1/4ā€ wide and 18ā€ long. This scratch isnā€™t all the way through the decal but through the protective plastic coating over decal if that makes sense. Though maybe it was something I did and didnā€™t realize it but looked through pics of when it was first taken outta the box and you can kinda see it. There was zero damage to to box, therefore I have come to the scientific conclusion it happened before it was put in the box. I am certainly not gonna loose any sleep over it. This is more of an FYI and I donā€™t want a new pin or JJP to pay off my mortgage cause thereā€™s a scratch on the machine (I have noticed that some pinball owners are over the top). In passing If you could so kindly let someone at JJP know, that way they are at least aware of it. BTW still digging this awesome pin. Thanks and have a good day.........

I do get that some people would be upset and to each their own, but the scratch makes no difference to me. Was not expecting anything or for that fact even a reply. However, out of nowhere, today I got a new side cabinet decal in the mail. This pin is gonna be with me for the long haul so almost zero chance I will monkey around trying to put the new decal on but in my opinion that was cool AF for JJP to send me a new decal without asking. Some might say JJP should automatically have done that and again to each their own. To me it's a toy/ pass time and I plan on playing the snot outta it, and not wiping it down with a diaper.

BTW hit 74 million Sunday night and woke up the entire house.

#17668 2 years ago
Quoted from JohnJ1366:

Gotta give props to both Cointaker and JJP. I received my machine October 18th. two days later I noticed what I would call a small scratch on the cabinet. The "scratch'" wasn't all way through the decal but though part of the top layer of clear film. Sent Cointaker following email........
Good morning Ma'am, I have attached two photos to this email. I am not overly concerned with it but just want to make you aware and maybe you can tell someone at JJP. Yesterday I notice a scratch on the left side of the pin about 1/4ā€ wide and 18ā€ long. This scratch isnā€™t all the way through the decal but through the protective plastic coating over decal if that makes sense. Though maybe it was something I did and didnā€™t realize it but looked through pics of when it was first taken outta the box and you can kinda see it. There was zero damage to to box, therefore I have come to the scientific conclusion it happened before it was put in the box. I am certainly not gonna loose any sleep over it. This is more of an FYI and I donā€™t want a new pin or JJP to pay off my mortgage cause thereā€™s a scratch on the machine (I have noticed that some pinball owners are over the top). In passing If you could so kindly let someone at JJP know, that way they are at least aware of it. BTW still digging this awesome pin. Thanks and have a good day.........
I do get that some people would be upset and to each their own, but the scratch makes no difference to me. Was not expecting anything or for that fact even a reply. However, out of nowhere, today I got a new side cabinet decal in the mail. This pin is gonna be with me for the long haul so almost zero chance I will monkey around trying to put the new decal on but in my opinion that was cool AF for JJP to send me a new decal without asking. Some might say JJP should automatically have done that and again to each their own. To me it's a toy/ pass time and I plan on playing the snot outta it, and not wiping it down with a diaper.
BTW hit 74 million Sunday night and woke up the entire house.

Must be nice. JJP completely botched my front and side cabinet decal install with bunch of air bubbles. Complained day 1 and still have no decals. Maybe next time I should order from Cointaker.

#17669 2 years ago

Maybe cointaker paid jjp for it?
Can only give credit where credit is due.

#17670 2 years ago

Not to be a douche but Iā€™m gonna be a douche. Funny how your experience is so opposite most. I played future spa at like four degrees. Talk about boring. Three or four stacks of the multiplier Pre song multiballs singing with quality shots and jackpots is not boringā€¦ sorry.

#17671 2 years ago

So does that mean you're not going to buy one?

#17672 2 years ago

maxresdefault (3) (resized).jpgmaxresdefault (3) (resized).jpg

#17673 2 years ago

haha! I had my GNR LE just sitting in Attract mode while I was working on something else, when I heard a random attract mode callout come from the machine, Axl saying "It's Richard Fortus's birthday today!" ... So I look it up on Wikipedia and sure enough, Nov 17th is indeed his birthday! The attention to detail on this game is amazing. Seriously, callouts based on the current date? Is that common in pinball? I've never seen it before!

#17674 2 years ago
Quoted from etr104:

haha! I had my GNR LE just sitting in Attract mode while I was working on something else, when I heard a random attract mode callout come from the machine, Axl saying "It's Richard Fortus's birthday today!" ... So I look it up on Wikipedia and sure enough, Nov 17th is indeed his birthday! The attention to detail on this game is amazing. Seriously, callouts based on the current date? Is that common in pinball? I've never seen it before!

I think that would have been Duff, how cool is that, I love little Easter eggs, Nice one Eric.

#17675 2 years ago

No what that means is that I will probably sell or trade the one I have.

Quoted from Vespula:

So does that mean you're not going to buy one?

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#17676 2 years ago

No what that means is that I will probably sell or trade the one I have.

Sell the GnR to me cheap and buy a couple Sterns for your collection.

#17677 2 years ago
Quoted from RA77:

I think that would have been Duff, how cool is that, I love little Easter eggs, Nice one Eric.

95% sure it was Axl. It didn't sound like a studio recording the way Duff/Melissa's callouts do. It sounded like it was a sound bite taken from one of Axl's monologues at a concert.

At any rate, it caught me off guard and amazed me. Is there any other date-specific callouts that anybody has noticed?

#17678 2 years ago
Quoted from RA77:

This was thanks to JJP programmer Duncan Brown. He combed through over 50 hours of concert footage from 18 different shows, looking for unique and interesting things Axl said during shows. Well, GnR played a show Nov. 17th back in '17 or '18, and Axl wished Richard happy birthday. Now it's the only thing played in attract mode on this day every year, so all the fans know it's Richard's birthday. Also hoping Richard turns on his game today and hears it himself.

Happy Birthday 4tus!

#17679 2 years ago

Deleted

#17680 2 years ago
Quoted from etr104:

i just had it as well. It's details like this that's making me love this machine.

#17681 2 years ago

I just pushed the action button and got a happy bday wish to him !! Such cool ,easy innovation.

#17682 2 years ago

It's finally delivered!

Serial 2421
License plate 2406
Born 11/2021
Firmware 1.23
Record spinner album Sticker AFD
Ordered 12/30/2020 JJP direct
Delivered 11/17/2021

now I'm working on figuring out how to do stuff.... Lol. I wish Yoda was here.

It's so simple and easy when you're just on the forum.It's a lot more confusing in real life. Lol

#17683 2 years ago

NIB machine has an issue with ball getting stuck on the far left of the Bass ramp almost every time on that lane. Any suggestions to fix this?

#17684 2 years ago
Quoted from jonboy71:

NIB machine has had an issue with ball getting stuck on the far left of the Bass ramp almost every time on that lane. Any suggestions to fix this?

Tweak the sides that hold the ball up there. Either side of the pins that fall when the ball gets released.

#17685 2 years ago
Quoted from jonboy71:

NIB machine has had an issue with ball getting stuck on the far left of the Bass ramp almost every time on that lane. Any suggestions to fix this?

Those passive diverters are a little bit grabby when new. Put some super lube on them and work them back and forth until the ball stops hanging.

#17686 2 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Those passive diverters are a little bit grabby when new. Put some super lube on them and work them back and forth until the ball stops hanging.

Or loosen them a turn

#17687 2 years ago

well i guess this had to happen at some point after 1200 games. My left flipper is getting hung up in the up position. Time to rebuild my flippers i think.
I kinda wonder whats involved exactly in JJP's do i just need new coilsleeves or is more required. Time to sort out the bits i need and put some on stock for next time.

#17688 2 years ago
Quoted from cybevenom:

I kinda wonder whats involved exactly in JJP's do i just need new coilsleeves or is more required.

If rebuilding. I'd go with new coil sleeve, new coil stop, new plunger assembly.

1200 games isn't that many.

Easy to check. Spring okay ? Coil sleeve okay ? Remove coil stop. Slide coil off. Check plunger if it has a sharp edge or mushroomed, top of coil stop cupped ? If so rebuild. If not investigate spring, coil sleeve, tiny bit of up/down play on flipper bat ( not back and forth ).

LTG : )

#17689 2 years ago

Okay I'm too tired to post anything other than a picture.
Huge learning curve since I've never owned a pinball machine before. But I got a lot of the cosmetic mods done. I've got my fans and my pinwoofer yet to do on another day... Playfields gorgeous..

20211117_183151 (resized).jpg20211117_183151 (resized).jpg20211117_184512 (resized).jpg20211117_184512 (resized).jpg20211117_184540 (resized).jpg20211117_184540 (resized).jpg20211117_184635 (resized).jpg20211117_184635 (resized).jpg20211117_184654 (resized).jpg20211117_184654 (resized).jpg20211117_184701 (resized).jpg20211117_184701 (resized).jpg20211117_184755 (resized).jpg20211117_184755 (resized).jpg
#17690 2 years ago
Quoted from Vespula:

Huge learning curve since I've never owned a pinball machine before. But I got a lot of the cosmetic mods done. I've got my fans and my pinwoofer yet to do on another day... Playfields gorgeous..[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Get them pinwoofers in tonight!!!!@

#17691 2 years ago
Quoted from Vespula:

Huge learning curve since I've never owned a pinball machine before. But I got a lot of the cosmetic mods done. I've got my fans and my pinwoofer yet to do on another day... Playfields gorgeous..[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Congrats Vespula! Beautiful poster besides the game, lol that skeleton ā€¦. Iā€™ll see you soon in Scorbit. Enjoy!

#17692 2 years ago

And the fansā€¦
Something fell off and is on your upper playfield
Vespula.
Beautiful looking game
Play it!

#17693 2 years ago
Quoted from cybevenom:

well i guess this had to happen at some point after 1200 games. My left flipper is getting hung up in the up position. Time to rebuild my flippers i think.
I kinda wonder whats involved exactly in JJP's do i just need new coilsleeves or is more required. Time to sort out the bits i need and put some on stock for next time.

I am not sure how many games mine has. No clue. But.... I thought I noticed my left flipper hanging up a tad tonight. After about 45-60 mins of play. Not sure, very miniscule amount maybe.

Made me wonder about my flippers tho.

#17694 2 years ago
Quoted from dug:

And the fansā€¦
Something fell off and is on your upper playfield
Vespula.
Beautiful looking game
Play it!

I was wondering if anyone would notice. That's the stage mod above the spotlight that apparently I didn't push on securely..... And it fell off.

I didn't notice it taking pictures but I sure did on my next game when my ball kicked it around the upper playfield like bumper cars. Lol! Good eye, dug!

Rolls-Royce so skeleton has been repurposed over the years... First was a teaching aid from about 8 years ago when my daughter wanted to go into medical and learning all the bones in the body, then it has been a Halloween prop every year. Now it has a new identity... Thinking about making into Axl and getting a long blonde wig and bandana for it.

#17695 2 years ago

Hi guys sorry if this is a dumb question but is there a list of achievement's through scorbit that can be viewed somewhere prior to obtaining them?

#17696 2 years ago
Quoted from Vespula:

Welcome to the get nothing done and don't sleep much club @vespula!

Man it's great to see you finally got it! Excited for you bro!

#17697 2 years ago
Quoted from Vespula:

Looking great man! Iā€™ve been waiting for this day for you for as long as I can remember. Congratulations, and you know weā€™re all here for you as you learn to tweak and repair!

#17698 2 years ago

Hey Everyone, I just posted an ad for a mod that I collaborated on. It's a set of 3 bullets that replaces those black vinyl caps for the ramp switches.

Check it out here:

Parts - For Sale
New (selling multiple, business) - “***UPDATED *** ***There are now 2 options for purchase. The original 3 bullet set, and a new 6 bullet set. That's right, 6 bullets for the six shooter! Thank you to @badblackz for...”
2 years ago
Walla Walla, WA
Expired!

PS- I'm Joe Lowball on Scorbit and I am ready and willing to enter the challenge pit.

#17699 2 years ago

Just had the email a few days ago, apparently arriving last week of November, getting excited now! Been reading this thread for months, stocked up on mods and fixes.

#17700 2 years ago
Quoted from Vespula:

Congrats on a great machine and doing a pro job on the mods! Welcome to the club officially!!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pin Monk

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
The MOD Couple

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 210.00
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

ā‚¬ 42.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Plantsville, CT
$ 11,000.00
Machine - For Sale
Milford, CT
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 19.95
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 649.95
Lighting - Interactive
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 109.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 11,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 10,200.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 130.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Side Gig Studios

There are 28,410 posts in this topic. You are on page 354 of 569.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-jjp-gnr-thread/page/354?hl=sako-trg and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.