IMG_20240413_155854 (resized).jpg
IMG_20240413_155858 (resized).jpg
IMG_20240413_155856 (resized).jpg
IMG_1426 (resized).jpeg (© Nutty 5.0)
IMG_2636.gif
IMG_2002 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2003 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

78 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 28,346 posts in this topic. You are on page 350 of 567.
#17451 2 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Wrong part! That's 17g, should be the 20g version.

Your link is the same exact specs and same exact part number…..

E8A6EFDA-BE0F-40F9-B897-388E970467BC (resized).jpegE8A6EFDA-BE0F-40F9-B897-388E970467BC (resized).jpeg
#17452 2 years ago

So I installed the pin woofer system the other day... 2 questions for the pin woofer experts here...

1. Maybe I'm just crazy, but at the suggested settings, I feel like it is very quiet. And I have to turn it up to around 10 o'clock on the volume dial to get a volume that I think the machine deserves. This means that if I really want to rock out, there isn't much room for overhead. Basically this question is about general volume. Not sure what I expected, but is the pin woofer system supposed to be... louder... but not extremely louder than the stock setup? If so, got it. Just wanted to make sure.

2. After installing the subwoofer, the bottom of my machine looks like the photo. Are the screws supposed to be sticking through like that?

IMG_0614 (resized).jpgIMG_0614 (resized).jpg
#17453 2 years ago
Quoted from glpinball:

Just buff it out!

Put a washer on it

#17454 2 years ago
Quoted from thechakapakuni:

Makes sense. I’m assuming there’s a key post where to purchase these should they go out?

I got the four pack from AliExpress for about 41 bucks including shipping if I recall and it took about 12 days I think pinmonk posted a link I'll see if I can find it and add it to this post

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32849379671.html

know it says 17g
But they are 20g The ones I received were 20
The detail says 20 g but the subject says 17 g. Ignore it

#17455 2 years ago
Quoted from reflex33:

So I installed the pin woofer system the other day... 2 questions for the pin woofer experts here...
1. Maybe I'm just crazy, but at the suggested settings, I feel like it is very quiet. And I have to turn it up to around 10 o'clock on the volume dial to get a volume that I think the machine deserves. This means that if I really want to rock out, there isn't much room for overhead. Basically this question is about general volume. Not sure what I expected, but is the pin woofer system supposed to be... louder... but not extremely louder than the stock setup? If so, got it. Just wanted to make sure.
2. After installing the subwoofer, the bottom of my machine looks like the photo. Are the screws supposed to be sticking through like that?
[quoted image]

I put pinwoofer on deadpool and the screws are flush, not sticking out like that.

#17456 2 years ago

how long does it take to install the pinstadium CE's??? Could it be tackled tonight or wait for tomorrow and have all day?

asking for a... me. asking for me! FINALLY!

#17457 2 years ago
Quoted from Ecw0930:

how long does it take to install the pinstadium CE's??? Could it be tackled tonight or wait for tomorrow and have all day?

If you've done pin stadium installs before, it takes about the same amount of time. 20-30 minutes.

If you got the xeno mounts reserve some extra time ... I had trouble installing those. Probably another 20 to 30 minutes to get it just right.

#17458 2 years ago
Quoted from reflex33:

[quoted image]

You should hear some pretty thunderous bass. The kind that shakes your lungs. My settings if it's helpful for you: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-jjp-gnr-thread/page/263#post-6425747

#17459 2 years ago
Quoted from reflex33:

[quoted image]

You should use the hardware provided by Pinwoofer. I reused the ones that came with the system and noticed the same you are seeing. Change it and they will sit flush.

#17460 2 years ago
Quoted from Ecw0930:

This is good to know.
Because mine are set to arrive tomorrow!!!!! Did not go with ultra. I felt it was a little overkill honestly.
But I'm beyond stoked to see what these bad boys will do.

This is a joke. 99% of pins benefit greatly from pinstadium lighting. New and old.
I doubt g'n'r will be any different and they should really enhance the entire experience.
I'm seriously considering pinwoofer next but I seldom play it up really loud.

You're absolutely right with the 99%... the one game in a 100 that doesn't benefit from those overpriced souped up $2.50 led strips is the lightshow masterpiece that is gnr

Maybe if they bring out an Ultra 2 super plus triple premium set, they might improve the game... might.

#17461 2 years ago
Quoted from Ecw0930:

Whole process should take approx 2 minutes and 30 seconds.
Step 1: open box
Step 2: unload contents directly into your trash
Step 3: turn on your game
Step 4: play it

#17462 2 years ago
Quoted from Mar3nBu:

Today after a decent game (for me), I went in and reviewed the achievements in Scorbit and found some weird behavior, mainly chained achievements all met during the same game. What I mean by “chained achievements” is for example an achievement for playing 1 song, followed by the achievement for playing 50 songs and then the one for 100 songs. Maybe a code bug or how Scorbit interprets this? Maybe jsa and pinball_keefer might be able to investigate? Let me know if you need anything from my side.
[quoted image]

When you're playing a game that achieves an achievement like that one, where there are levels counting the same thing, in theory, you should have achieved all those previous ones already.

So in this case, did the achievements (1 song, 50 songs) show up when you hit 100 songs? Did you not get them before, and suddenly got all three? Or did you get the first two twice?

In your Account Menu > Profile > Stats > GnR achievements screen, does it look accurate?

Thanks!

#17463 2 years ago
Quoted from Ecw0930:

All of this talk about challenges has me feeling even more like the red headed step child of the group. Isolated over here in the corner by myself with my little se model ...
Am I the ONLY SE on here with scorbit? I can't play against any of you.

I have the SE (aka, the actual limited edition! )....but haven't setup Scorbit yet. Was thinking about trying it the other night after getting almost 9M. I hear about these 20M+ plus song jackpots and can't imagine I'd be much competition. I find this game difficult. Plus I'm slow to learn the strategies....

#17464 2 years ago

Went balls out w the light show and added mirror blades just now…amazing!

E773D342-003D-476F-B9EA-D80787388F04 (resized).jpegE773D342-003D-476F-B9EA-D80787388F04 (resized).jpeg
#17465 2 years ago
Quoted from John1210:You're absolutely right with the 99%... the one game in a 100 that doesn't benefit from those overpriced souped up $2.50 led strips is the lightshow masterpiece that is gnr
Maybe if they bring out an Ultra 2 super plus triple premium set, they might improve the game... might.

never know until you try it.

#17466 2 years ago
Quoted from jsa:

When you're playing a game that achieves an achievement like that one, where there are levels counting the same thing, in theory, you should have achieved all those previous ones already.
So in this case, did the achievements (1 song, 50 songs) show up when you hit 100 songs? Did you not get them before, and suddenly got all three? Or did you get the first two twice?
In your Account Menu > Profile > Stats > GnR achievements screen, does it look accurate?
Thanks!

Hi Jay! In your example, 1 and 50 achievements were achieved previously. The only thing I can think off is that maybe I “logged in” not from the start of the game but probably by ball 3 and that might have triggered something weird thus showing as if the 3 achievements were attained in the same game.

#17467 2 years ago
Quoted from Lounge:

Went to install my cliffy scoop protector and found this ….
[quoted image][quoted image]

Quoted from Lounge:

Definitely a high voltage problem!

#17468 2 years ago
Quoted from reflex33:

[quoted image]

Please locate the bag of four #8-32 x 3/4" screws included with the cabinet speaker pack and use those, this way the screws won't extend below the cabinet.

Also, you can get as much as +88dB max at the player perspective. (Enough to make your ears ring after a time.) Try giving the red master volume knob some clockwise rotation.

Give a shout if you want some tips or dialog, and our sincere thanks!

#17469 2 years ago
Quoted from Vespula:

I got the four pack from AliExpress for about 41 bucks including shipping if I recall and it took about 12 days I think pinmonk posted a link I'll see if I can find it and add it to this post
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32849379671.html
know it says 17g
But they are 20g The ones I received were 20
The detail says 20 g but the subject says 17 g. Ignore it

I got mine from Race day quads and they also say 17g but 20g actual...same part numbers been working perfectly ever since swapping the factories out

#17470 2 years ago
Quoted from Lounge:

On the bright side, you now have one of the coolest looking cosmetic mods

#17471 2 years ago
Quoted from Mar3nBu:

Hi Jay! In your example, 1 and 50 achievements were achieved previously. The only thing I can think off is that maybe I “logged in” not from the start of the game but probably by ball 3 and that might have triggered something weird thus showing as if the 3 achievements were attained in the same game.

That could be it! If you have any achievements you don't think you earned, or vice versa, definitely let me know, or email [email protected].

Bugs are real. Protect yourself!

#17472 2 years ago

Haha I came here to brag about receiving mine from Ali express a moment ago, and there’s a whole conversation about the servos. My originals are still in tact but I’m ready for any surprises. Says 17g when you order but they’re actually 20 once you get them magic

EE19B2FA-29CB-4E44-AA4B-C4202103C3FE (resized).jpegEE19B2FA-29CB-4E44-AA4B-C4202103C3FE (resized).jpeg
#17473 2 years ago
Quoted from PinballGalore:

Says 17g when you order but they’re actually 20 once you get them magic
[quoted image]

I hope so , I took down to the link to where I got mine , didn't want to give anyone incorrect information .
I was on a EMAX website , put in the model number and there was no 20g option , weird .

#17474 2 years ago
Quoted from PinballGalore:

Haha I came here to brag about receiving mine from Ali express a moment ago, and there’s a whole conversation about the servos. My originals are still in tact but I’m ready for any surprises. Says 17g when you order but they’re actually 20 once you get them magic
[quoted image]

same here, Ive ordered twice from different suppliers, always got 20 gr. Emax. These are the rights ones? what is the impact/difference?

#17475 2 years ago

RE Emax servos:

As long as the specs and voltages are correct it won’t make a difference if they’re 17 grams or 20 grams. These servos are labeled this way for model airplane builders worried about how heavy the parts are. This pinball machine is never gonna fly.

#17476 2 years ago
Quoted from Lounge:

RE Emax servos:
As long as the specs and voltages are correct it won’t make a difference if they’re 17 grams or 20 grams. These servos are labeled this way for model airplane builders worried about how heavy the parts are. This pinball machine is never gonna fly.

I was hoping that was the case , thanks for the confirmation .

#17477 2 years ago

I checked out fooflighter race day site here (out of stock on emax 3054, BTW)

https://www.racedayquads.com/products/emax-es3054-17g-metal-gear-digital-servo

It says in the description..

Weight: 17g class, 20.1g actual

So the 17g seems to be about what class your RC fits in and not the servo weight?

#17478 2 years ago
Quoted from Lounge:

This pinball machine is never gonna fly.

Quoted from AXL:
flyin like an aeroplane, feeling like a space brain, one more time tonight

#17479 2 years ago

I am really liking the slash guitar add-on I made to cover the metal bracket on the shooting lane. I'm thinking of making a few more for other people who might like it as well. Pinside has helped me a lot and I'd like to make a few for people and just either give them away for free, or ask to cover the costs of materials/shipping (maybe like 20 bucks I think, but I think I'd make that optional too). I haven't worked this out in detail yet, but is there any interest before I make the investment and start figuring out if I could make this work?

3558aa6fc3f5560f0e00973e70ab2d1b405a4a93 (resized).jpg3558aa6fc3f5560f0e00973e70ab2d1b405a4a93 (resized).jpg
#17480 2 years ago

Has anyone here installed the Pingraphix topper yet? I’m going to remove the top speakers and mount one on my CE.

#17481 2 years ago
Quoted from hawkmoon77:

I am really liking the slash guitar add-on I made to cover the metal bracket on the shooting lane. I'm thinking of making a few more for other people who might like it as well. Pinside has helped me a lot and I'd like to make a few for people and just either give them away for free, or ask to cover the costs of materials/shipping (maybe like 20 bucks I think, but I think I'd make that optional too). I haven't worked this out in detail yet, but is there any interest before I make the investment and start figuring out if I could make this work?
[quoted image]

I’d be in to purchase one if you make more. I got the keychain one posted by others on here and its kinda cheap and not as nice as in the pics.

#17482 2 years ago
Quoted from hawkmoon77:

[quoted image]

I'd be interested.

#17483 2 years ago
Quoted from glpinball:

I'd be interested.

I would buy one as well.

#17484 2 years ago

If it was the right guitar... the cheap painted one is still the most legit in my opinion even if it is painted.
Anything considered better still needs to be a slash replica, with better quality, and my OCD requires 5 strings.

#17485 2 years ago
Quoted from Vespula:

my OCD requires 5 strings.

My OCD requires your OCD to require 6 strings.

#17486 2 years ago
Quoted from frobozz:

I mocked one up with 6. It looked very weird. I think it's scale issue. Kind of like how 5 fingered cartoon characters look stranger than 4 fingered characters! At that size, the 6 string version looked like it had way too many strings from a distance, unless you actually counted them. I went back and forth on it a lot, and finally I just asked some non-interested people (ie. my wife and kids) to look at my real guitars and then look at the tiny ones and which one looked better. All of them thought the 6 string looked strange. Even after telling them it actually had the right amount of stings!

#17487 2 years ago
Quoted from Vespula:

If it was the right guitar... the cheap painted one is still the most legit in my opinion even if it is painted.
Anything considered better still needs to be a slash replica, with better quality, and my OCD requires 5 strings.

I used this photo as a reference. How do you think I can improve on it?

slash (resized).jpgslash (resized).jpg
#17488 2 years ago

Has anyone had issues with the headphone jack? It only plays sound through the left ear. I know my headphones work fine in all my other pins. Also, when connected to Bluetooth should I get an LED indicator light on the headphone board? Mine has no light indicating it's connected. (Bluetooth does work and is in stereo) Thanks!

#17489 2 years ago
Quoted from wolfievtec:

Has anyone had issues with the headphone jack? It only plays sound through the left ear. I know my headphones work fine in all my other pins. Also, when connected to Bluetooth should I get an LED indicator light on the headphone board? Mine has no light indicating it's connected. (Bluetooth does work and is in stereo) Thanks!

No JJP I’ve owned (GNR and WOZ) has sounded good through the head jack. I’ve tried different headsets too. It’s a bummer because I really like them for not bothering the house when I play, but I’ve given up with it for GNR and just turn the external volume down if I feel I would be disrupting the household. Open to other options.

#17490 2 years ago
Quoted from wolfievtec:

Flip the harness connector around the other way at the board on the inside left where the headphones plug in.

#17491 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinballomatic:

Flip the harness connector around the other way at the board on the inside left where the headphones plug in.

That worked thanks! My LED turned on too!

#17492 2 years ago
Quoted from frobozz:

doh. thanks. I OCD didnt even catch my own typo.
LOL. Like you, my OCD does require 6 strings on the guitar, but apparently only 5 when posting on pinside. lol.

#17493 2 years ago
Quoted from hawkmoon77:

I used this photo as a reference. How do you think I can improve on it?
[quoted image]

hmm. Maybe start juicing and eat less meat.

#17494 2 years ago
Quoted from Vespula:

hmm. Maybe start juicing and eat less meat.

Done and done... as for the guitar color, are you referencing the fully yellow version he uses, as opposed to this starburst pattern in the picture? It would probably be easier to do the fully yellow to amber color than the yellow to amber to black color I tried.

#17495 2 years ago
Quoted from hawkmoon77:

Done and done... as for the guitar color, are you referencing the fully yellow version he uses, as opposed to this starburst pattern in the picture? It would probably be easier to do the fully yellow to amber color than the yellow to amber to black color I tried.

My preference would be anything from the Gibson Slash collection! - with 6 strings
https://www.gibson.com/en-US/Guitars/Collection/Slash

#17496 2 years ago

I only plan on making a few because they take so much time. I guess there is interest enough to justify 5 or six of them. So I'll just go ahead and make them and then see who wants to claim them. I just didn't want to be stuck with half a dozen of them if no one wanted them. Thank you everyone. I'll let you all know when I have some ready.

#17497 2 years ago
Quoted from hawkmoon77:

[quoted image]

I'm in!!!

#17498 2 years ago
Quoted from Vespula:

My preference would be anything from the Gibson Slash collection! - with 6 strings
https://www.gibson.com/en-US/Guitars/Collection/Slash

So basically I have two out of the three colors fairly correct, but we need to skip the f-holes and add another button on the top? Forgive my being slow on this, and I do appreciate your help. Is that the main issues?

The 6 strings are really rough with this scale. From the player's perspective, it looks right when you are playing, and really weird with more strings are added. I mean I *could* add another two. That isn't an issue. It just looks so weird to me when it isn't zoomed in. Maybe I'll mock it up again and take another picture.

#17499 2 years ago
Quoted from hawkmoon77:

[quoted image]

Yeah I'm totally down for that! Those look great. I'd like to put them on the speaker grills actually so I'd take 2 non matching ones if that's a thing.

#17500 2 years ago

So, 2 extra strings just may not be worth the effort, as you're two tuners short also, plus the current strings are a also too thick (out of scale) and no room... and their color is a copper color and just odd. They look like a christmas tree decoration.. I would ideally replace with thinner silver wire. That may go a long way. The 4 brown strings stand out so much and my eyes go right to them first, then I notice there is a guitar behind them, followed by the meh. The f-holes are definitely not welcome either but they are barely noticeable and as everything is being scrutinized to death here those may not matter..... and I agree when you play the game you likely wont notice.... will they make it on my pin, probably not. I feel similarly to the fact that you dont notice the issues with the ones your using, that the one from ebay that is painted, and looks authentic, and I acknowledge its 2d and painted but also, think probably the fact that its painted wont be an issue once on and playing the pin.... we shall see. I have never seen any pics of the painted ebay guitar in a pin yet... dont think anyone has installed it and provided pics. So I think I have to see it first to accept that it looks like crap.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 60.00
Hardware
Pin Parts

8,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Anaheim, CA
$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 210.00
€ 42.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 10,200.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

11,999 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Dracut, MA
12,800 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Boca Raton, FL
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 130.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Ardmore, PA
$ 40.00
Playfield - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 11,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 109.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pin Monk

Hardware
Pinball Haven

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 28,346 posts in this topic. You are on page 350 of 567.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-jjp-gnr-thread/page/350?hl=cayenne and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.