IMG_2676.gif
IMG_0960 (resized).jpeg
image1 (resized).jpeg
image0 (resized).jpeg
GnRAllenWrenchMod (resized).jpg
200w.gif
IMG_2222 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

78 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 28,410 posts in this topic. You are on page 347 of 569.
#17301 2 years ago

Super weird that the wire is disconnected from the left bottom servo but the right is the one not moving up and down

DBABE8B9-2111-4072-9136-CD754F1CB690 (resized).jpegDBABE8B9-2111-4072-9136-CD754F1CB690 (resized).jpeg
#17302 2 years ago

…congrats Chaka you just broke my record

D1BCC499-02F8-4199-B192-1611BA0F8C28 (resized).jpegD1BCC499-02F8-4199-B192-1611BA0F8C28 (resized).jpeg

excellent brother!

#17303 2 years ago
Quoted from Rolls-Royce:

…congrats Chaka you just broke my record
//<![CDATA[
window.__mirage2 = {petok:"e257ea3d415ca01d13021dfa4ea9dc3ecd2cfec8-1636346401-1800"};
//]]>

[quoted image]
excellent brother!

Ha you’re lucky, I missed out on a 10MIL in addition to that so I cashed that one out once it was above 10MIL. Damn though I forgot to send you the challenge. You’re up

#17305 2 years ago

I've started following a couple of local Aussies on Scorbit, If you want to follow me I'm TEZ (didn't know which was the initials on the game & which was username lol)
Let the mere mortal scoring begin!

#17306 2 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

For a start. I'd do something about the coil stop. It's leaning away from the coil. It should be straight up and down with it.
LTG : )

Quoted from PinMonk:

Yeah, it looks like maybe the high heat from the coil has let the bracket metal bend a little over time until it's WAY out of whack. That's crazy.

I appreciate the responses both of you. Actually you pointed me in the right direction. The coil had a lot of play in it. The "DIVERTER SOLENOID BRACKET" seemed to be sitting too far from the coil, which allowed the coil to freely move back and forth between the bracket and the coil stop. So I just loosened the two nuts holding the solenoid bracket in place, and slid it back to better sandwich in the coil and push it up against the coil stop and tightened everything back up.

Everything works perfect from the test menu. Will need some "real world" game testing to determine if the problem is actually solved or not.

#17307 2 years ago
Quoted from thechakapakuni:

Ha you’re lucky, I missed out on a 10MIL in addition to that so I cashed that one out once it was above 10MIL. Damn though I forgot to send you the challenge. You’re up

Argh! You Chakaaaa! (resized).jpegArgh! You Chakaaaa! (resized).jpeg

hahahahah

#17308 2 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

At last
[quoted image]

Got the same email, can’t wait…

#17309 2 years ago
Quoted from Freddykaboodle:

Got the same email, can’t wait…

Great to hear , looks like yours will have a few more k's to go .

#17310 2 years ago

The little guitar showed up , I didn't realise " some assembly required "

IMG20211105175957 (resized).jpgIMG20211105175957 (resized).jpg
#17311 2 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

[quoted image]

Aw, snap!

#17312 2 years ago
Quoted from Shmilder:

Make sure you protect the two posts behind the scoop holding the side guides! Mine seemed all good but now have chipping. At least it's not normally visible.
[quoted image]

I considered adding washers to those two posts but because the scoop bracket extends under them, I didn't think it would be necessary. I'm adding the scoop cliffy today so I'll see what can be done.

#17313 2 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:I swear every time I see a "too many multiballs" post my blood pressure spikes 20 points.
Please take time to understand the game, people.

I understand the rules but don’t like all the multiballs combined with being “penalized “ for cradling up in song modes. Doesn’t make it a bad game, just not my preferred style of play/rules. Pirates has plenty of multiballs too but still allows for controlled play by people that aren’t superhuman like Karl.

#17314 2 years ago
Quoted from luckymoey:

I understand the rules but don’t like all the multiballs combined with being “penalized “ for cradling up in song modes. Doesn’t make it a bad game, just not my preferred style of play/rules. Pirates has plenty of multiballs too but still allows for controlled play by people that aren’t superhuman like Karl.

Wash your hands & finish your multiballs, then you can go play pirates... Oh and p.s. don't let me catch you cradling!

#17315 2 years ago
Quoted from luckymoey:

You can get the poster and tee shirt patches to allow you to cradle a bit more.

#17316 2 years ago

Can someone take a photograph of the lower servo of the left spotlight where the wire connects? Trying get a sense of which color goes where. Thank you!

#17317 2 years ago

Pinside logic:

POTC: 6 multiballs, stacking incentivized - best game ever please make more!!!!
GNR: 4 multiballs, stacking incentivized - too many multiballs! How can I shut this off and ruin the gameplay??

#17318 2 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Pinside logic:
POTC: 6 multiballs, stacking incentivized - best game ever please make more!!!!
GNR: 4 multiballs, stacking incentivized - too many multiballs! How can I shut this off and ruin the gameplay??

I'm not disagreeing with your point, but there are technically 27 multiballs.

21 different song multiballs (dif rules,) 4 booster multiballs, plus Tour and Coma mb.

#17319 2 years ago
Quoted from RTS:

I'm not disagreeing with your point, but there are technically 27 multiballs.
21 different song multiballs (dif rules,) 4 booster multiballs, plus Tour and Coma mb.

If there weren’t so many multiballs, ball times would be seconds. Game is a drain monster with the feed off the launch and wide outlanes.

#17320 2 years ago

I thought was key post but can’t find it- can someone remind me who makes the flipper fans (to cool the coils)? Mine really lose steam fast- within 10minutes. And feel like gotten worse over time. Not sure if I should rebuild flippers too in addition to the fan/cooling thing. Lastly, are they easy enough to install or takes some skill (which I lack). Thank you!

#17321 2 years ago

Wait for it......

Wait.....for..... it ...........

(Releasing carrier pidgeon headed for Tibet..)

#17322 2 years ago
Quoted from moat-pin:

I thought was key post but can’t find it- can someone remind me who makes the flipper fans (to cool the coils)? Mine really lose steam fast- within 10minutes. And feel like gotten worse over time. Not sure if I should rebuild flippers too in addition to the fan/cooling thing. Lastly, are they easy enough to install or takes some skill (which I lack). Thank you!

Pinmonk has the cooling fans. I'd try that before a flipper rebuild. They are simple to install.

#17323 2 years ago
Quoted from moat-pin:

I agree with others that the fans are a necessity.

I've found the sleeves need replacing (or at least cleaning) every 2000 plays or so. I did a full rebuild at 3095 plays.
By comparison I didn't do a rebuild on Wonka until 8169 plays.

#17324 2 years ago
Quoted from arzoo:

I considered adding washers to those two posts but because the scoop bracket extends under them, I didn't think it would be necessary. I'm adding the scoop cliffy today so I'll see what can be done.

The one in the back too. Consider the trio a set. All three had pooling. Logic pointed to the stress from the clear band and the other post getting hit @ the scoop.
Cliffy needed a grind.
I changed the blue foam too.

#17325 2 years ago
Quoted from c818919taylor:

The one in the back too. Consider the trio a set. All three had pooling. Logic pointed to the stress from the clear band and the other post getting hit @ the scoop.
Cliffy needed a grind.
I changed the blue foam too.

Any chance you could provide a pic?

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#17326 2 years ago

Thanks I’ll get me some fans then!

#17328 2 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

[quoted image]

That would work real well for a Who pinball game.

#17329 2 years ago
Quoted from arzoo:

Any chance you could provide a pic?

Didnt take any. But using someone else's…also some chipping on the ball guide. Touched it up with epoxy, added some mylar, rings…called it good.

Pretty easy job. Suggest starting with the wires under the field first. The only thing I unplugged from the upper was ethernet. Everything else goes with the playfield. I had to clip three zips. The rest weaved back through. There is some “glue” under the stock protector. May want something to help clean that up on hand. When the upper goes back together keep the wires for the spot light from getting in the way of its movements. Adjust the scoop all the way to the left.

Had to take a few mm off the cliffy at the top where the locks are.

Work was quick (about an hour 1:15), curing was 24 hours.

Now just working on staying a head of Vespula on score.

ZaphX, thank you for the video. Very instructional. Need to finish watching. Did you load up the Coma lock? Id like to see that thing work.

And think about adding some fans. Picked up Stranger Things. So, I guess ill need two from Monk.
D6ADB017-2852-457F-8174-508343884014 (resized).jpegD6ADB017-2852-457F-8174-508343884014 (resized).jpeg

#17330 2 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

[quoted image]

Universe is trying to speak to you.

thisisnotadollshouse......

#17331 2 years ago
Quoted from c818919taylor:

ZaphX, thank you for the video. Very instructional. Need to finish watching. Did you load up the Coma lock? Id like to see that thing work.

Yes:

#17332 2 years ago
Quoted from Flipper_Ripper:

Does anyone know how to challenge someone on Scorbit? I searched and searched all weekend and can’t find any way to challenge any of my friends.

Quoted from Shmilder:

Pinlokio not sure what happened. Scorbit didn't seem to let me accept your latest challenge then on top of it for some reason didn't record my 47mil score acceptance of that challenge

We're getting reports of some odd challenge behavior, so let me clarify what is the intended way for this to work:

Two types of challenges we refer to from time to time: Challenge and Challenge Match. For the sake of this post, assuming I'm talking about Challenges, because Matches are done a different way in an upcoming release.

Challenges are taunts, or tags, to people you know AFTER you've played a game.

If the app is open when the game is over, you'll see a series of screens that let you add a photo, tag others (challenge), and share.

challenges_send (resized).jpgchallenges_send (resized).jpg

What you do is after a game is finished, tag the people you want to receive the challenge, then hit "Send Challenge."

What should happen next is that the person who received the challenge gets a notification.

**If the target user checks their challenge menu or challenge tab in their profile,** they will see an option to accept the challenge.

They have 7 days to accept or it disappears.

Once a challenge has been accepted, the next game you play counts against that challenge. You can tell if you won or lost based on the score card in the screen when the game is complete:

challenges_complete (resized).jpgchallenges_complete (resized).jpg

There are a ton of known issues here, and all we're working hard to resolve quickly. For example, we will be showing you the score and the challenger when you're playing the game, and let you choose which one you want to challenge instead of handling it FIFO-style. Also, there have been some folks seeing challenges that shouldn't! We're looking into that as well. Understand, these are casual challenges. They are meant to be fun and done in a social spirit, and played casually. The Matches (coming soon) are premeditated, you can't just score a great game then challenge someone, everyone commits and the next game they play, good or bad, counts against the Match.

Hopefully this makes sense!

#17333 2 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

Universe is trying to speak to you.
thisisnotadollshouse......

#17334 2 years ago
Quoted from jsa:

We're getting reports of some odd challenge behavior, so let me clarify what is the intended way for this to work:
Two types of challenges we refer to from time to time: Challenge and Challenge Match. For the sake of this post, assuming I'm talking about Challenges, because Matches are done a different way in an upcoming release.
Challenges are taunts, or tags, to people you know AFTER you've played a game.
If the app is open when the game is over, you'll see a series of screens that let you add a photo, tag others (challenge), and share.
[quoted image]
What you do is after a game is finished, tag the people you want to receive the challenge, then hit "Send Challenge."
What should happen next is that the person who received the challenge gets a notification.
**If the target user checks their challenge menu or challenge tab in their profile,** they will see an option to accept the challenge.
They have 7 days to accept or it disappears.
Once a challenge has been accepted, the next game you play counts against that challenge. You can tell if you won or lost based on the score card in the screen when the game is complete:
[quoted image]
There are a ton of known issues here, and all we're working hard to resolve quickly. For example, we will be showing you the score and the challenger when you're playing the game, and let you choose which one you want to challenge instead of handling it FIFO-style. Also, there have been some folks seeing challenges that shouldn't! We're looking into that as well. Understand, these are casual challenges. They are meant to be fun and done in a social spirit, and played casually. The Matches (coming soon) are premeditated, you can't just score a great game then challenge someone, everyone commits and the next game they play, good or bad, counts against the Match.
Hopefully this makes sense!

So I only have 1 game to play, the next one after I accept the challenge to beat the score?

#17335 2 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

[quoted image]

Ha, I bought the same one, but at least mine had the decency to arrive “pre-assembled”.

#17336 2 years ago
Quoted from killborn:

Yep, millions lost on this classic (first time on my machine though), the ball closest to the target was the ball I shot up there to try and knock the first ball loose. De... Flay...Tang...[quoted image]

This is frustrating but can be easily fixed by placing 1 or 2 washers under the post on left side of ramp. I did this and have had zero issues since.

#17337 2 years ago
Quoted from Shmilder:

So I only have 1 game to play, the next one after I accept the challenge to beat the score?

Correct, assuming you've only accepted one challenge for that game. If you accepted 3 from 3 different people, it will handle them first-in-first-out.

We're changing this to let you choose and so on. Sorry for the confusion!

#17338 2 years ago
Quoted from moat-pin:

If your flippers have a mechanical problem, the Tibetan Breeze fans won't help. However, if they're working as they should, the kit will keep your flippers feeling roughly the same as when you press start the first time on a cold machine. With the cooling, how the flippers feel at the start remains consistent for as long as you want to play.

I did the fans and collected the temp data with help from Karl DeAngelo (who actually pushed me a bit in the beginning to hurry up and get a solution for GnR since I originally was going to wait for my machine), but I was unprepared for just how bad the fade is on GnR when I finally got my machine. It's very noticeable, especially with backhands and comes on way faster than I expected, even though I had made the temp graphs. Some pins I've tested are debatable, but GnR and Stranger Things are two pins that I can say are absolutely mandatory to have Tibetan Breeze kits for. The fade is just too severe, too fast.

#17339 2 years ago
Quoted from Freddykaboodle:

Ha, I bought the same one, but at least mine had the decency to arrive “pre-assembled”.

And how is that “Mermaid” going to be delivered?

This game, needs to register when two balls are in the scoop.

#17340 2 years ago

Has anyone played with moving the posts on the outlanes into the other predrilled holes to see if it reduces the amount of drains?

C04A4681-20A4-496A-992D-2DF58ABCD766 (resized).jpegC04A4681-20A4-496A-992D-2DF58ABCD766 (resized).jpeg09707BA6-C14D-4AC9-86E1-F4AF142F8730 (resized).jpeg09707BA6-C14D-4AC9-86E1-F4AF142F8730 (resized).jpeg
#17341 2 years ago
Quoted from Mar3nBu:

Has anyone played with moving the posts on the outlanes into the other predrilled holes to see if it reduces the amount of drains?[quoted image][quoted image]

In just about any machine moving the posts further up/down to narrow the gap for the outlanes will help prevent drains. It's a real easy modification too.

#17342 2 years ago

I think once we get an update for better scoring in the album modes the game won’t seem so multi ball heavy since the modes will get played more. As it is now the game is a lot of rinse and repeat. Start a multi ball, see where the lit shots are. Start a song, see where the lit shots are. Repeat.
Being able to stack Slash solo is also on the wishlist. I’m excited to see what the final version of this code brings.

#17343 2 years ago
Quoted from daveyvandy:

In just about any machine moving the posts further up to narrow the gap for the outlanes will help prevent drains. It's a real easy modification too.

Yep.

Be gentle. Snug. But not aggressive.

31BDF4BB-036C-498E-B32D-EDF7AF20AED7 (resized).jpeg31BDF4BB-036C-498E-B32D-EDF7AF20AED7 (resized).jpeg
#17344 2 years ago
Quoted from daveyvandy:

In just about any machine moving the posts further up/down to narrow the gap for the outlanes will help prevent drains. It's a real easy modification too.

#17345 2 years ago
Quoted from jsa:

Correct, assuming you've only accepted one challenge for that game. If you accepted 3 from 3 different people, it will handle them first-in-first-out.
We're changing this to let you choose and so on. Sorry for the confusion!

I would have thought it would be better to have a time limit and multiple attempts on a challenge. People are generally only going to challenge someone when they get a good score and the game can be so fickle. Having only 1 attempt seems very limiting as the game can be all or nothing.

I'm not challenging someone when I have a 200k score game. But I might on 20mil. Doesn't give the challengee a fair cracks at it.

#17346 2 years ago

know you skip them but i do like the album modes. Keeps the game with that “Zest” freshness. The game keeps the freshest game play imo.
Thank you again for the intelligence on patches.

#17347 2 years ago
Quoted from Mattyk:

Start a song, see where the lit shots are. Repeat.

You're missing two important parts of the in-song goals:

1. Power Chords (which will also improve your shot accuracy by cleaning up the playfield)
2. Hitting the *active* band members as their parts come up to start Band Frenzy. Arguably this is more important than following the song's lit shots and has a greater reward once you start feeding the pops.

#17348 2 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

You're missing two important parts of the in-song goals:
1. Power Chords (which will also improve your shot accuracy by cleaning up the playfield)
2. Hitting the *active* band members as their parts come up to start Band Frenzy. Arguably this is more important than following the song's lit shots and has a greater reward once you start feeding the pops.

Yes but still same thing over and over is my point. With album modes being pretty worthless they aren’t worth risking a drain. Once (hopefully soon) they are better balanced, it will change the dynamic of the gameplay. I think there is a lot of potential with this Pin.

On another note please let a future code update include verbal call outs for reaching various jackpot amounts and stop the skull from burping over the value

#17349 2 years ago
Quoted from Mattyk:

Yes but still same thing over and over is my point.

A reasonable assessment, but in fairness the songs all have different shots, different band-member shot orders, and levels of difficulty.

Coma, for example, makes you keep banging that Coma shot - difficult until you master the trick.
It's So Easy literally is.
Civil War is a song that consistently kills me off.

#17350 2 years ago

I’d like to see maybe one or 2 of those multiballs, as an option, to be into either a timed sequence of shots or super combo. Outer Orbit right to left, right ramp, left ramp all the way to guitar lock in a row lights “Pyro”. You can also hit Pyro targets for multiball still. Then I’d just avoid them targets and others can still hit them if they so choose. Right now we don’t really have a choice. Again, Songs make sense so leave those as is

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pin Monk

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

6,790 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Silverthorne, CO
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 210.00
€ 69.00
Pinball Machine
Multiball mods

$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Machine - For Sale
Danbury, CT
$ 60.00
Hardware
Pin Parts

$ 109.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 40.00
Playfield - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 130.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

7,998 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Georgetown, KY
$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

€ 42.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 10,200.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

12,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Long Beach, NY
$ 11,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 28,410 posts in this topic. You are on page 347 of 569.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-jjp-gnr-thread/page/347 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.