IMG_2676.gif
IMG_0960 (resized).jpeg
image1 (resized).jpeg
image0 (resized).jpeg
GnRAllenWrenchMod (resized).jpg
200w.gif
IMG_2222 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

78 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 28,410 posts in this topic. You are on page 345 of 569.
#17201 2 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Has anyone tweaked the left ramp divertor so that it doesn't smash into the playfield as it drops into the down position? A piece of it appears to be hitting the wood around the playfield area it comes out of. The top piece of the divertor has already been adjusted to sit as high as it can yet it's still hitting the playfield a bit. I put a double piece of mylar on mine for now but not sure how well that will hold up.
[quoted image]

I havenā€™t tweaked it but I ordered the Cliffy carbon fiber actuator rod protector for that location and I hope it will prevent playfield damage. Still waiting to receive it.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#17202 2 years ago

Okay, for a few weeks now Iā€™ve been suspicious Iā€™m not actually receiving some of the extra balls Iā€™ve earned. I was just playing Sweet Child of Mine on ball 2, and during the song, collected 2 extra balls, the EB skull animations came on the screen and everything. I failed to finish the song and it then started on my last ball. This isnā€™t the only song or time Iā€™ve felt ripped off but Iā€™m positive it just happened.

#17203 2 years ago
Quoted from Ecw0930:

i rather enjoyed the boomerang effect.
how do i find out if it went bad or if it's code? I mean it works on certain things, so i'm guessing it's just the new code.

The fact that the magnet is still working occasionally means it's just the code having changed. If it wasn't working at all ever, you could pull the thermal switch away from the coil and test for continuity to know it was dead.

#17204 2 years ago

My low end topper - Slash Gargoyles .......
(they are secured to the backbox)

Slash Gargoyles (resized).JPGSlash Gargoyles (resized).JPG
#17205 2 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

Once I get my game , this is going to be you Rolls
[quoted image]

Hahahahaha lol Screamā€¦ that was painful(still is) but the laughter wins

#17206 2 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Has anyone tweaked the left ramp divertor so that it doesn't smash into the playfield as it drops into the down position? A piece of it appears to be hitting the wood around the playfield area it comes out of. The top piece of the divertor has already been adjusted to sit as high as it can yet it's still hitting the playfield a bit. I put a double piece of mylar on mine for now but not sure how well that will hold up.
[quoted image]

You do it from under the PF. You will need to move it up a tad (not too much though you donā€™t want it above the plastic). I marked the original settings before I loosened it and move it enough to where it doesnā€™t hit

#17207 2 years ago

Been sending out some challenges via scorbit, hope you're seeing them!

#17208 2 years ago

I'm MIL on scorbit. Happy to get in the challenge game. Hit me up

BTW I wish I could have my initials and user name set differently. Ie shmilder for people to search for but MIL entered in the machine.

#17209 2 years ago
Quoted from Shmilder:

I'm MIL on scorbit. Happy to get in the challenge game. Hit me up
BTW I wish I could have my initials and user name set differently. Ie shmilder for people to search for but MIL entered in the machine.

Change your display name.

#17210 2 years ago
Quoted from glpinball:

Add me too y'all!
daveyvandy on Scorbit.

#17211 2 years ago
Quoted from swampy:

What do you mean by snug? Which part are you having difficulty with? I have installed a few of these and they are relatively straight forward.

For starters, where does the led strip go? Some say bottom, some say back of the holder.

I also donā€™t see how to tighten the actual topper so itā€™s snug and not leaning forward or backward.

#17212 2 years ago
Quoted from daveyvandy:

Add me too y'all!
daveyvandy on Scorbit.

Added and sent you a challenge lol.

#17213 2 years ago
Quoted from jonboy71:

For starters, where does the led strip go? Some say bottom, some say back of the holder.
I also donā€™t see how to tighten the actual topper so itā€™s snug and not leaning forward or backward.

It goes IN the channel of the metal bracket (resting at the bottom part of the bracket "U", pointing up). Topper goes on top of it, centered. Screws go in to press the topper against the wall and secure it.

#17214 2 years ago
Quoted from RoadQueen:

I havenā€™t tweaked it but I ordered the Cliffy carbon fiber actuator rod protector for that location and I hope it will prevent playfield damage. Still waiting to receive it.[quoted image]

Thanks, will check that out.

Quoted from thechakapakuni:

You do it from under the PF. You will need to move it up a tad (not too much though you donā€™t want it above the plastic). I marked the original settings before I loosened it and move it enough to where it doesnā€™t hit

Thanks! Will try that.

#17215 2 years ago

Has anyone even come close to the final wizard mode? My top score is 152m and I haven't completed more than 2 modes in any single game.

#17216 2 years ago
Quoted from melumga:

Has anyone even come close to the final wizard mode? My top score is 152m and I haven't completed more than 2 modes in any single game.

If youā€™re playing for points youā€™re not playing for the Wizard! Get in and out of songs as fast as possible, donā€™t worry about the booster jackpots, get your extra balls set up and try not to beef it on the album modes

Spoiler alert: I have not gotten close LOL but itā€™s fun to shift strategies as it enables 2 very different ways of playing!

#17217 2 years ago
Quoted from Ecw0930:

I added one of these PWM boards in my Star Trek for the same reason. Dialed it down to about 30%. This little thing is freaking awesome and so easy to install.
amazon.com link Ā»

You wouldnā€™t happen to know if that device would increase your shaker would you ?

I have a Metallica prem that you can barely feel the shaker when it activates. Set to maximum usage in setting and also tried adjusting the weights . Even tried a cointaker red tremor.
Nothing worked.

#17218 2 years ago
Quoted from MJW:

You wouldnā€™t happen to know if that device would increase your shaker would you ?
I have a Metallica prem that you can barely feel the shaker when it activates. Set to maximum usage in setting and also tried adjusting the weights . Even tried a cointaker red tremor.
Nothing worked.

Disregard . My question makes sense. Iā€™ve tried a known good shaker board .

Iā€™ll check voltage to the shaker during test mode .

#17219 2 years ago
Quoted from MJW:

Disregard . My question makes no sense. Lol. Iā€™ve tried a known good shaker board .
Iā€™ll check voltage to the shaker during test mode .

#17220 2 years ago
Quoted from glpinball:

Change your display name.

But that changes my user name I believe that people search for

#17221 2 years ago

Oops

20211105_213738 (resized).jpg20211105_213738 (resized).jpg
#17222 2 years ago
Quoted from glpinball:

HOW do you send out challenges via the app???

#17223 2 years ago
Quoted from holminone:

Get a score. Save it to the leader board. Click on plus person or something like that and add someone In search. Seems like tagging more than one person doesn't work.

#17224 2 years ago
Quoted from cybevenom:

Anyone collected this patch before. It said pinball machine collected. Did i just win a pinball machine?
[quoted image]

I've never seen this. What in the world is that patch?!

#17225 2 years ago
Quoted from melumga:

I was wondering this the other day.

My son came up and said "dad, who's Eric? And how did he get a high score." Lol

Is Eric the champion on everyone's machine still?!

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#17226 2 years ago

Does anyone else have an SE and Scorbit?

I feel left out.

#17227 2 years ago
Quoted from jonboy71:

Secure the metal channel itself with the two black wood screws provided (one on each end and the holes are already there on the backbox) and then fit and tighten the nut on the metal thread INSIDE the backbox. It should be nice and tight after that. Do this first, then move the LED strip below.

LED strip is placed at the rear-most part of the channel - towards the back of the machine. Topper will install directly over the top of the LED strip. Press down firmly and then secure it with the 4 x screws. For the wiring - you may need to pull some more slack through on the light blue wire harness to have enough length.

#17228 2 years ago

Got a new grand champion tonight in the 28 million range. Earlier in the night I had over 50 million jackpot that I missed out on too. Iā€™ve had one up there a few times but never really landed one much over 20. Anyway I was determined not to settle for the measly 28 and kept playing until it all aligned. I think the jackpot was around 87 million. I cashed it out, couldnā€™t bring myself to push it another time. Man I LOVE this game!

Doot77 on Scorbit if you want to add me.

1A5DA520-EBFE-4D29-85C1-9F1C5E500DC4 (resized).jpeg1A5DA520-EBFE-4D29-85C1-9F1C5E500DC4 (resized).jpegE4A2B513-A2BD-46A7-A64E-EAAA05682DDD (resized).jpegE4A2B513-A2BD-46A7-A64E-EAAA05682DDD (resized).jpeg

#17229 2 years ago
Quoted from holminone:

Quoted from glpinball:

Get a score. Save it to the leader board. Click on plus person or something like that and add someone In search. Seems like tagging more than one person doesn't work.

It seems like it is broke for me. A few different people have tagged me for a challenge and it never shows up in my challenges category.

Screenshot_20211105-222851 (resized).jpgScreenshot_20211105-222851 (resized).jpgScreenshot_20211105-222922 (resized).jpgScreenshot_20211105-222922 (resized).jpg
#17230 2 years ago

You have to accept the challenge
15AE7430-6389-4FBC-A3FC-B7D2C2296F0A (resized).jpeg15AE7430-6389-4FBC-A3FC-B7D2C2296F0A (resized).jpeg

CA069BAD-0DDF-4B07-8CBB-E80F68314E3D (resized).pngCA069BAD-0DDF-4B07-8CBB-E80F68314E3D (resized).png
#17231 2 years ago

Iā€™ve owned GnR for a month now and it is simply next level. The word sublime comes to mind as I play it, add Pinwoofer and it becomes epic.

B4B7994F-B692-400C-B036-231E71B904E9 (resized).jpegB4B7994F-B692-400C-B036-231E71B904E9 (resized).jpeg
#17232 2 years ago
Quoted from cybevenom:

Anyone collected this patch before. It said pinball machine collected. Did i just win a pinball machine?
[quoted image]

cybevenom, how did you achieve that Pinball machine patchā€¦ please?

#17233 2 years ago
Quoted from glpinball:

The plus person doesn't even appear for me - the Scorbit app is very cumbersome

#17234 2 years ago
Quoted from Rolls-Royce:

Hahahahaha lol Screamā€¦ that was painful(still is) but the laughter wins

That was a bit mean
I thought id better get in some trash talking now , in case I can't later on

#17235 2 years ago

There should be a patch that extends the applause jackpot time. That ball gets caught up top when song jackpot is lit - youā€™re fucked.

#17236 2 years ago

should the flippers be level with each other or are mine off for specific shots?

#17237 2 years ago

At last

IMG_20211107_001503 (resized).jpgIMG_20211107_001503 (resized).jpg
#17238 2 years ago
Quoted from Ecw0930:

I've never seen this. What in the world is that patch?!

I spoke with Eric Meunier about it. Its the patch you get when you collect all the patches. This patch only gives points. He was rather shocked i think that i reached that.

#17239 2 years ago
Quoted from Ecw0930:

I was wondering this the other day.
My son came up and said "dad, who's Eric? And how did he get a high score." Lol
Is Eric the champion on everyone's machine still?!

nope i wiped him about 2 months ago when ik reached the wizard mode for the first time.

#17240 2 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

At last
[quoted image]

sweet november rain for you. congrats and enjoy.

#17241 2 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

At last
[quoted image]

Aha! Nice! November Rain for sure!
I got my notice 2 days ago mine is doing from JJP so We may get ours around the same time!

#17242 2 years ago
Quoted from Vespula:

I got my notice 2 days ago mine is doing from JJP so We may get ours around the same time!

Thanks mate
I'll be sure to let you know the serial number and date ordered

#17243 2 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

Thanks mate
I'll be sure to let you know the serial number and date ordered

Lol. You know me!
And for the rest of the forum, thank you for putting up with me for the last 10 months but now that I'm finally on the shipping docket, your wishes come true and I'm done asking and tracking progress. All in favor say aye, or upvote.

My requests will soon transform into cries for help so be careful what you wish for... The vespula you know may be better than the one you don't, right?

Looking forward to learning both the pin and the game strategies with the goal of one day hopefully being Scorbit worthy! It looks like took much fun. As EricHadley once said "GnR Awesome! It's a great time to be alive!"

#17244 2 years ago
Quoted from thechakapakuni:

You have to accept the challenge
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

I went to the Community page and never saw anything that said I could accept a challenge. So I'm not sure what's going on.

I also posted over in the Scorbit thread, so hopefully I'll get a fix soon.

Screenshot_20211105-222851 (resized).jpgScreenshot_20211105-222851 (resized).jpgScreenshot_20211106-104318~2 (resized).jpgScreenshot_20211106-104318~2 (resized).jpgScreenshot_20211106-104440~2 (resized).jpgScreenshot_20211106-104440~2 (resized).jpg
#17245 2 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

At last
[quoted image]

Quoted from Vespula:

Thatā€™s excellent! Congratulations Scream and Vespula, it will be an amazing Christmas ā€¦ and please donā€™t do the Chakaā€™s ā€œ4 months waiting to open the box"

#17246 2 years ago

Issue last night. Collected a power chord jackpot. Game only spits back out some of the balls and resets the power chord with multiple balls already locked. Anyone else had this issue?

#17247 2 years ago

Can somebody bail me out please? Which connector does the led strip in the back box connect to? The one with blue wires above my hand or the one with yellow and black in my hand?

IMG_20211106_152715 (resized).jpgIMG_20211106_152715 (resized).jpg
#17248 2 years ago
Quoted from killborn:

Can somebody bail me out please? Which connector does the led strip in the back box connect to? The one with blue wires above my hand or the one with yellow and black in my hand?
[quoted image]

I just took this earlier today if it helps:

CCF56707-84A9-4F72-A1AB-3B76B1D71015 (resized).jpegCCF56707-84A9-4F72-A1AB-3B76B1D71015 (resized).jpeg
#17249 2 years ago
Quoted from killborn:

[quoted image]

Blue wires above your hand.

#17250 2 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Blue wires above your hand.

Phew, thanks! I'm installing the Pinwoofer KO kit and was watching the install video (which is on a Willy Wonka) and he plugged the led strip back into the yellow and black wire connector, which didn't seem right. Glad I asked. Thanks again!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pin Monk

11,999 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Dracut, MA
$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
The MOD Couple

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 210.00
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

ā‚¬ 42.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 11,000.00
8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Ardmore, PA
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 19.95
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 649.95
Lighting - Interactive
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 109.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Plantsville, CT
$ 11,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 10,200.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 130.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Side Gig Studios

There are 28,410 posts in this topic. You are on page 345 of 569.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-jjp-gnr-thread/page/345?hl=rockfordreplay and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.