IMG_2676.gif
IMG_0960 (resized).jpeg
image1 (resized).jpeg
image0 (resized).jpeg
GnRAllenWrenchMod (resized).jpg
200w.gif
IMG_2222 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

78 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 28,405 posts in this topic. You are on page 344 of 569.
#17151 2 years ago
Quoted from thechakapakuni:

It’s Time!
[quoted image]

Now you know… Chaka! (resized).jpegNow you know… Chaka! (resized).jpeg
#17152 2 years ago

Thanks Pinmonk for the suggestion. It is pretty snug and I even lowered more but still getting the rattle. I noticed the foam that came from factory seems to be a bit compressed and also cracked in a small portion.

#17153 2 years ago
Quoted from Mar3nBu:

Question for the more experienced pin owners: I think I finally was able to dial in my machine so that I can make the shots more cleanly and the scoop consistently throws the ball to the left flipper. Now I’m noticing some annoying rattling and found out it is coming from the glass (if I put pressure on the glass it stops the rattling). I’m assuming that if I add some more “foam” material to the lockdown bar that should help (glass already has the pinwoofer tape). Am I right in this assumption? And if so, any recommendation on what type of material I could use?

There’s a small rubber nub on the middle of the apron to help keep the glass snub. Mine easily came off during about the first month of ownership. Make sure it’s still in tack as it can easily have popped out and misplaced.

#17154 2 years ago

Can someone please post a video or some clear pics on how to install the official topper? I can't seem to get it snug at all and don't see how to do so with the included hardware. So I must be doing something wrong. The included instructions are awful.

#17155 2 years ago
Quoted from PeterG:

This is all confusing as hell for me. I thought to just collect all members in the songs or at least the highlighted member (on the big screne on the right) but making that shot not always provide a solid lit member. Also the call out hit the Axl lanes, I do but do I need to get all 3 lanes or just one? That is hard when playing the chaos of a 4-6 multiball. So I just shoot the regular shots and once in a while I hear band frenzy, and then go for the spinner and pops. I do get vater, fender but also tried to get marshall, as I understand that the 3 sponsers will also give an extra ball. But getting all these patches before starting the song is already a huge task. Next to egtting 4 or 6 balls in the lock. And playing all booster multiballs. I would love to see this band frenzy rule made easier. So just colloect one or two shots of each band member and you will be ok. For now I think the blinking light in the revolver is the one to shot, and the solid ones are the ones already made. The colors do not mean anything. The rest is still unclear.

It’s a pretty easy rule to learn and understand. However, it can be hard at times to tell if a member is collected or not.

Here’s a few suggestion on the rule and tracking frenzy:
• revolver inserts above flippers indicate the band members. A flashing insert means that band member is the active shot. Shooting that shot collects the band member.
• Here’s where it can get confusing; a band member can still flash even if they are already collected. it can be a little difficult to judge if they have been collected in this case as shooting their shot will do nothing.
• a good habit to get into is glancing at the revolver on the bottom right corner of the display as it’s much easier to tell if members are collected or not.

#17156 2 years ago
Quoted from Govtmule:

Finally getting my le saturday. Got a box of mods and parts ready to go! govtmule on scorbit.

Sweet. Congrats! I’ve got a box of parts as well and waiting for mine to come in. I think it’s close so I’m hoping it will arrive before Thanksgiving (fingers crossed). I’m just a bit south of you in Bothell, WA. dobler on Scorbit.

#17157 2 years ago
Quoted from jonboy71:

Can someone please post a video or some clear pics on how to install the official topper? I can't seem to get it snug at all and don't see how to do so with the included hardware. So I must be doing something wrong. The included instructions are awful.

What do you mean by snug? Which part are you having difficulty with? I have installed a few of these and they are relatively straight forward.

#17158 2 years ago
Quoted from Mar3nBu:

Thanks Pinmonk for the suggestion. It is pretty snug and I even lowered more but still getting the rattle. I noticed the foam that came from factory seems to be a bit compressed and also cracked in a small portion.

The shaker in this pin is violent. I've tightened lock bar, put in vibration tape and turned shaker down and it still rattles like crazy. Are the arms adjustable on these like stern or pinball life shakers?

#17159 2 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

The shaker in this pin is violent. I've tightened lock bar, put in vibration tape and turned shaker down and it still rattles like crazy. Are the arms adjustable on these like stern or pinball life shakers?

Yeah, just change the offset of the shaker arm to calm it down like a toddler with a Jack Daniels-laced sippy cup.

#17160 2 years ago

Thx, first thing I'll do tmrw

#17161 2 years ago

I’ll crack 10 mil before the end of tonight, then tomorrow I’m going for 50MIL. I Pity you fool! After getting a couple decent games, I’m seeing a couple of Lawlorish things on this pin. Eric & Pat will probably never acknowledge this but the ball movement and a couple items have some patented PL style to it. Kind of cool to see, esp if Pats next pin is the last. It’s like Borg carried over some of DE Star Wars into DE GNR

587C3689-F359-468C-8577-34FCA574B636 (resized).jpeg587C3689-F359-468C-8577-34FCA574B636 (resized).jpeg
#17162 2 years ago

I’ll crack 10 mil before the end of tonight, then tomorrow I’m going for 50MIL. I Pity you fool! After getting a couple decent games, I’m seeing a couple of Lawlorish things on this pin. Eric & Pat will probably never acknowledge this but the ball movement and a couple items have some patented PL style to it. Kind of cool to see, esp if Pats next pin is the last. It’s like Borg carried over some of DE Star Wars into DE GNR
[quoted image]

Check Scorbit sugar….

So, about 40 minutes ago I went to bed and I saw a notification in my phone… a Lousy one from Chaka 6,954,646 … so, simply I went to my game room and my 1st game was 6,209,470 at 2:02am … you will eat that lousy score Chaka… tonight

632136F2-812B-4EB8-8D1D-90FB79A6B859 (resized).jpeg632136F2-812B-4EB8-8D1D-90FB79A6B859 (resized).jpeg7F86E442-3A53-48B7-ADA7-3D2457ACCD52 (resized).jpeg7F86E442-3A53-48B7-ADA7-3D2457ACCD52 (resized).jpeg8F4B5D16-38A4-4F25-885F-7951E61F4C8D (resized).jpeg8F4B5D16-38A4-4F25-885F-7951E61F4C8D (resized).jpeg41B9E6C4-49CF-4A86-8538-8D4D7608E92A (resized).jpeg41B9E6C4-49CF-4A86-8538-8D4D7608E92A (resized).jpeg

… Chaka I told you brother:-"… you’re going down sucka!" … and then you Screaminr

#17163 2 years ago
Quoted from fooflighter:

I asked JJP, as I noticed less magnet utilization and at first thought mine was having thermal cutoff issues, but there is a software change in recent versions to lower magnet utilization to reduce coil heat..
According to JJP, the coil only activates when the game wants you to complete "AXL" and the better you play the less the software activates it.
I have noticed a straight shot through the pops when the Extra ball is lit, will also engage the magnet and "stick the landing" so to speak
Speaking of heat, PinMonk any updates on the diverter/magnet addon cooling fans, thank you sir
JJP was super fast in answering my questions... Always have had great support

Good to know, I also noticed it was being less frequently active. Glad mine survived the original software and can now probably work problem free. I’d still get the additional Tibetan add on. Have that extra power cord from the original kit anyway
Actually responded because I wanted to chime in on the super fast response from jjp tech support. Firstly LTG who is always super responsive, super friendly and just a mensch of a guy. But when advised to open a ticket, Ken Holland contacted me within hours (considering time difference, it was even faster than that) and with a short email exchange solved an issue on the other side of the world, with a reminder to use the side protectors when pulling up the playfield, really…. What a pleasure.

#17164 2 years ago
Quoted from Rolls-Royce:

Check Scorbit sugar….
So, about 40 minutes ago I went to bed and I saw a notification in my phone… a Lousy one from Chaka 6,954,646
//<![CDATA[
window.__mirage2 = {petok:"edb88e01efa4f5dae590c771396d34bb2b0d4aaf-1636099568-1800"};
//]]>

… so, simply I went to my game room and my 1st game was 6,209,470 at 2:02am … you will eat that lousy score Chaka… tonight
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]
… Chaka I told you brother:-"… you’re going down sucka!" … and then you Screaminr

Neck & Neck. Come get some!

#17165 2 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

• Here’s where it can get confusing; a band member can still flash even if they are already collected. it can be a little difficult to judge if they have been collected in this case as shooting their shot will do nothing.

This.....why.......just program the thing, if it is blinking you need to make that shot, if it is solid you have made that shot. Keep it simple.

But will take the approach Fender, Vater, Duff and then for me Gun. Then lock as much balls and start the Song, then try to make the blinking shots and try to get band frenzy. I did yesterday on Estranged, but fate decided to throw away 4 balls in just seconds after ball save timer ended.

#17166 2 years ago
Quoted from Rolls-Royce:

… you’re going down sucka!" … and then you Screaminr

Once I get my game , this is going to be you Rolls

IMG_20211105_195407 (resized).jpgIMG_20211105_195407 (resized).jpg

#17167 2 years ago

I woke up to Scorebit notifications and thought ‘oh good, Chaka and Royce are going at it!!’

And now I’m sat here, reevaluating my entire life.

#17168 2 years ago
Quoted from Silkenone:

I woke up to Scorebit notifications and thought ‘oh good, Chaka and Royce are going at it!!’

I'm assuming your silky sox , if so good to see

#17169 2 years ago

Oh man another ordinary effort tonight. Crappy 5 mil.
Was trying to pip the Chaka and Rolls.

Oh well maybe next time.

Im still figuring out the magic of patches. was a pleasant surprise to be gifted 5 patches on mystery. Super valuable they are.

So is there an easy way to see what patches achieved ? When holding flipper and scrolling patch screen will only show for a moment.

Kinda be nice if flipper hold pause/achievement menu would not auto progress so an ol fart like me can read wtf is going on before it jumps to next page, lol.

Mad duff call out after an extra nudge tonight...
At least buy the machine a drink before you bang it,
Haha

JJP GnR is pure gold

#17170 2 years ago

Yeah, Hurry up an get your game Scream

#17171 2 years ago
Quoted from RA77:

So is there an easy way to see what patches achieved ? When holding flipper and scrolling patch screen will only show for a moment.
Kinda be nice if flipper hold pause/achievement menu would not auto progress so an ol fart like me can read wtf is going on before it jumps to next page, lol.

Keith really improved the info page on the Hobbit after a long time , hopefully he'll get around to doing this on GNR .

#17172 2 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Interesting, Mine is perfect during game play.
Only time it goes mental is during that crazy robot mode, forgot name 1/2 cut right now.
But man its perfect as soon as mode starts whole machine shakes like its gonna take off !
Its effin awesome !

Outside that shaker is really tame and perfectly integrated.
I have not adjust shaker or settings. was spot on out of the box.
Awesome work JJP coders !!!

#17173 2 years ago
Quoted from Silkenone:

You have the 36 MIL challenge? We’ll challenge accepted

#17174 2 years ago

You have the 36 MIL challenge? We’ll challenge accepted

C3C8581B-98AF-4FC7-9036-5B0FBE7E9AA9 (resized).jpegC3C8581B-98AF-4FC7-9036-5B0FBE7E9AA9 (resized).jpeg
#17175 2 years ago
Quoted from RA77:

Interesting, Mine is perfect during game play.
Only time it goes mental is during that crazy robot mode, forgot name 1/2 cut right now.
But man its perfect as soon as mode starts whole machine shakes like its gonna take off !
Its effin awesome !
Outside that shaker is really tame and perfectly integrated.
I have not adjust shaker or settings. was spot on out of the box.
Awesome work JJP coders !!!

On live and let die and the carnage mode you refer too, it's really bad. I'll move arms in today and try to balance out a bit. But if this is my only issue to worry about, I'm a happy guy..

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#17176 2 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

On live and let die and the carnage mode you refer too, it's really bad. I'll move arms in today and try to balance out a bit. But if this is my only issue to worry about, I'm a happy guy..

Carnage wasn't that crazy until the last update. I kinda love the li e and let die shaker. I think it's always been like that.

#17177 2 years ago

Obligatory "In the club" post. LE 1818! Game was almost perfect out of the box!

20211104_234939 (resized).jpg20211104_234939 (resized).jpg
#17178 2 years ago

I have to admit reading these scorbit bantering challenges are hilarious and looks like fun. Glad to see people finally enjoying their games.

#17179 2 years ago

I know it was discussed before, My shooter rod tension is really weak, any advice on someone who dialed it in?

#17180 2 years ago
Quoted from HarryReimer:

I know it was discussed before, My shooter rod tension is really weak, any advice on someone who dialed it in?

You can try stretching it out , otherwise get a stronger spring .

#17181 2 years ago

My gnr le is coming today! Ordered in April from flip n out, for thoes keeping track.

#17182 2 years ago
Quoted from butterz:

My gnr le is coming today! Ordered in April from flip n out, for thoes keeping track.

We ordered from Zach back in Jan and it just arrived yesterday. Kinda glad it took a bit longer to (hopefully) get past some of the early issues.

#17183 2 years ago
Quoted from dr_light:

I'm not getting any deeper into this. You seem to be arguing quite successfully that a PC is just fine for pinball (as is Stern's system). I only want to comment on the quote above.
It's not an empty promise, and it's not that we will get around to it sometime in the future. We already do. The latest release of Woz, for example, is using the same OS and graphics drivers as GnR. I just updated our oldest game with our newest game's OS and motherboard/CPU/GPU support. Hobbit through Wonka also run on this same OS. I intend to update our OS again quite soon, and when I do all of our games will get another OS update (not just game code update). This is our standard. It's all automated and has no engineering cost to us other than me running some release scripts. How is that not already making your maintenance dream come true?

This is a post from dr.light /JJP on a discussion on the another thread. I didn't know this info and I want my GnR to be playable for many decades... So thought it was very valuable & wanted to just post the info here for everyone in case you may have had the similar concerns and/or didn't know.

Here's a link to the start of it
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/why-is-jjp-still-making-games-with-faulty-playfields/page/48#post-6587362

#17184 2 years ago

Anyone collected this patch before. It said pinball machine collected. Did i just win a pinball machine?

20211105_144039 (resized).jpg20211105_144039 (resized).jpg
#17185 2 years ago
Quoted from Vespula:

This is a post from dr.light /JJP on a discussion on the another thread. I didn't know this info and I want my GnR to be playable for many decades... So thought it was very valuable & wanted to just post the info here for everyone in case you may have had the similar concerns and/or didn't know.
Here's a link to the start of it
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/why-is-jjp-still-making-games-with-faulty-playfields/page/48#post-6587362

How do you post a post from one thread to another .

#17186 2 years ago
Quoted from HarryReimer:

It's a light spring, like on TZ, for making the skill shot. If it won't even reach the target at the back of the lane, then something else is wrong. Is the plunger tip hitting the autoplunger arm as it passes by because the plunger is bolted into the cabinet too high? Is yours a CE that shipped with the wrong (too long) barrel spring (the outside one)?

#17187 2 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

How do you post a post from one thread to another .

Click on Reply with Quote from the thread, CUT the < block quote > to your clipboard, navigate to the other thread, paste clipboard in your reply, add comments and click SEND Post.
To add a specific post link in your message, right click on the post number you want and click "Copy Link Address" or something similar then paste that in your thread.

#17188 2 years ago
Quoted from cybevenom:

Anyone collected this patch before. It said pinball machine collected. Did i just win a pinball machine?
[quoted image]

That’s awesome! Never seen that. Did you get all the patches to unlock it or…?

#17189 2 years ago

Speaking of which, I wonder if there’s any Easter eggs for collecting all the roses?

#17190 2 years ago
Quoted from frobozz:

It's a light spring, like on TZ, for making the skill shot. If it won't even reach the target at the back of the lane, then something else is wrong. Is the plunger tip hitting the autoplunger arm as it passes by because the plunger is bolted into the cabinet too high? Is yours a CE that shipped with the wrong (too long) barrel spring (the outside one)?

Its an LE.. I have to look, thank you.

#17191 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

The code has definitely calmed down ball grabs, so it COULD be a magnet that overheated and the switch failed, but probably just that the code is much less magnet-centric.

i rather enjoyed the boomerang effect.

how do i find out if it went bad or if it's code? I mean it works on certain things, so i'm guessing it's just the new code.

#17192 2 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

I added one of these PWM boards in my Star Trek for the same reason. Dialed it down to about 30%. This little thing is freaking awesome and so easy to install.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00UURDBQ8/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title

#17193 2 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Getting the ball into the Duff bass will reset the powerchord timer + add a multiplier to the powerchord jackpot, so keep that in mind too.

This is the first I’ve learned this tidbit which is very helpful…. Thanks!!

#17194 2 years ago
Quoted from Ecw0930:

I added one of these PWM boards in my Star Trek for the same reason. Dialed it down to about 30%. This little thing is freaking awesome and so easy to install.
amazon.com link »

Ya, our star trek shaker was way too noisy, even at minimal usage. It was a pinball life one that came with the game

#17195 2 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Ya, our star trek shaker was way too noisy, even at minimal usage. It was a pinball life one that came with the game

i had a cointaker one that was NUTS. Got the PWM board, took 8 minutes to install it, cost $8. dialed that shaker in perfectly!

#17196 2 years ago
Quoted from Ecw0930:

i rather enjoyed the boomerang effect.
how do i find out if it went bad or if it's code? I mean it works on certain things, so i'm guessing it's just the new code.

I had a similar concern and what I did to set my mind at ease was just hold a ball between your fingers within an inch or two of the magnet, and then use the coil test feature to engage the magnet and see if it pulls the ball out of your hand. If it does, then you know that everything physically works fine, and that something else in the game (code most likely ) is just telling the magnet not to engage. The coil test is a very quick charge, don't expect it to hold the ball for any significant amount of time but you should feel it pull the ball from your fingers if you are near the magnet.

#17197 2 years ago
Quoted from sevenrites:

This is the first I’ve learned this tidbit which is very helpful…. Thanks!!

No sweat. Someone else earlier in the thread (not long ago) tipped it to me; passing the knowledge.

#17198 2 years ago

Has anyone tweaked the left ramp divertor so that it doesn't smash into the playfield as it drops into the down position? A piece of it appears to be hitting the wood around the playfield area it comes out of. The top piece of the divertor has already been adjusted to sit as high as it can yet it's still hitting the playfield a bit. I put a double piece of mylar on mine for now but not sure how well that will hold up.

Screenshot 2021-11-05 130727 (resized).pngScreenshot 2021-11-05 130727 (resized).png

#17199 2 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

There’s a small rubber nub on the middle of the apron to help keep the glass snub. Mine easily came off during about the first month of ownership. Make sure it’s still in tack as it can easily have popped out and misplaced.

Thanks Eskaybee for pitching in! That was one of my first thoughts, but it is still there.

Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Hayfarmer I have my shaker set to low and that is quite good and doesn’t seem like the walls will come crumbling down, but even with that I get the glass rattle.

That being said, I can tell you that the rattle doesn’t come when the shaker is on but when for example a new ball is put into the shooter lane or I can trigger that rattle by banging lightly on the side of the cabinet. If I put some pressure on the glade, the rattle is gone. Will try to experiment adding more padding to the lockdown bar and see if that helps and then figure out what material I can use more permanently. Thanks all for trying to help out.

#17200 2 years ago
Quoted from Dobler:

Sweet. Congrats! I’ve got a box of parts as well and waiting for mine to come in. I think it’s close so I’m hoping it will arrive before Thanksgiving (fingers crossed). I’m just a bit south of you in Bothell, WA. dobler on Scorbit.

Nice, hope yours arrives soon! Seems like there's a small cluster of us out here - I'm north of you, and southeast of Marysville, in Snohomish.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pin Monk

Machine - For Sale
Purcellville, VA
$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
The MOD Couple

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 210.00
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

€ 42.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

8,249 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Temple, TX
$ 11,000.00
7,500 (OBO)
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 19.95
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 649.95
Lighting - Interactive
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 109.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Crestview, FL
$ 11,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 10,200.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 130.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Side Gig Studios

There are 28,405 posts in this topic. You are on page 344 of 569.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-jjp-gnr-thread/page/344?hl=glpinball and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.